Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think...

1. Senior Member
    Australia

I think...

...the countries that make it into the final should only be allowed to vote. That's only fair because the countries that don't make it into the final will just vote for their neighbours.

2. Mentor
    Australia

Re: I think...

I honestly think that the "neighbour voting" is an issue that has been blown out of proportion in all honesty. The only contest that the neighbour voting ran rampant was in 2007 which prompted the EBU to begin to change one aspect of the voting which lasted 1 year then they brought in the split voting which has worked out. Changing the number of countries who vote will anger the countries who got eliminated in the semis which would result in a large number dropping out

3. Banned
    Italy

This rule would be so absurd. Say I am Bulgarian and Bulgaria didn't qualify. This makes me so sad to can't vote and feels so so so unnecessary. Of course every country has a right to vote to pick winner.
    Likes  Adrian liked this post

4. Veteran
    Romania

I would be for that but only to make the voting more exciting as the less number of countries vote, the difference betwen first and second place gets smaller, and I really miss a Eurovision like 2003 when you don't know the winner until the last voting country.

But I am not saying let the non-qualifiers out for good. Let them vote as one country. Like this year, the 13 countries that missed the Final should've put their votes together and make a Top 10

The top 10 of the non-qualifiers in 2013 would've looked like this:

12 -
    10 -
    8 -
    7 -
    6 -
    5 -
    4 -
    3 -
    2 -
    1 -

And the Final scoreboard would've looked like thiS:

01. Denmark 203
    02. Ukraine 158
    03. Azerbaijan 157
    04. Norway 134
    05. Russia 114
    06. Malta 99
    07. Netherlands 89
    08. Greece 83
    09. Belgium 56
    10. Romania 55
    11. Italy 54
    12. Hungary 51
    13. Georgia 48
    14. Moldova 48
    15. Sweden 46
    16. Iceland 38
    17. Belarus 37
    18. Armenia 32
    19. United Kingdom 20
    20. Lithuania 17
    21. Estonia 9
    22. Finland 6
    23. France 4
    24. Ireland 3
    25. Germany 3
    26. Spain 2

5. Mentor
    Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by HabaHaba View Post
    ...the countries that make it into the final should only be allowed to vote. That's only fair because the countries that don't make it into the final will just vote for their neighbours.
    And will you be the one compensating the EBU for all the money lost from televotes from those non-qualifying countries?
    Likes  EscTurkey liked this post

TOP 10 for ESC 2014 (27 March): 12 - Spain; 10 - Israel; 8- United Kingdom; 7 - Netherlands; 6 - Austria; 5 - Poland; 4 - Estonia; 3 - Belgium; 2 - Albania; 1 - Ukraine

6. WorldVision Mod
    Canada

So you're saying that the non-qualifiers would practically make up a Rest of Europe vote. Interesting

I got addicted to a losing game

7. Mentor
    Australia

Having that "Rest of Europe" vote would still be bad, it would definitely decrease the number of votes gathered in each country that did not qualify. Especially in countries like Bulgaria and Montenegro where they never qualify (I choose to ignore the horrendous song that is the 2007 entry) those countries would feel "left out" and eventually leave. Like I said above the voting system currently in place works fine all the winners would have been the same since the introduction the only difference is the rest of the results which is good as it saved Spain last year from a horrible placing by moving them up to 10th (which is still to low) but still I think changing the voting would be disastrous

8. Veteran
    Romania

You maybe right but we really need to do something about the voting. I really miss a heart-atack race betwen two countries where you don't know the winner untyil the very end

9. Veteran
    Romania

Corect. Where are those 2000'...ESC times?

10. Expert
    Malta

Quote Originally Posted by Yamarus View Post
    And will you be the one compensating the EBU for all the money lost from televotes from those non-qualifying countries?
    And another thing - who will speak for all those countries? Two spokesperson from 2 country announcing 1 point etc.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast