Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Split results Televotings & 'Jury'

1. God
    Brazil

Re: Split results Televotings & 'Jury'

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Oh, so EBU blocked an Azeri win with this random entry that jut by chance happened to be #1 in most polls, bettings etc? I mean do you guys even see how ridiculous these claims are?

I mean yeah, if another *put in random not pre-fav country* would have won perhaps... but it's not as if Denmark just came out of nowhere and won randomly... I mean plz
    LOL Azerbaijan was 3rd in books so shouldn't be shock that this "random" entry placed 2nd.
    or books knew that Azerbaijan bought Lithuania

2. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by 94ayd View Post
    Also, 3 of the Nordics excluding preferred to .
    I can't speak for the others, but I'm pretty sure Denmark won the televote here (and probably Norway was second)... but the juries put Denmark at #5 or something, and Norway at #1... so therefor Norway got our 12pt

3. Wizard
    North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
    I had exactly the same feeling. In any case I congratulate Denmark and wish them to be a better host in 2014. I hope I visit Copenhagen for ESC
    I'd love to meet you there.
    Likes  Galandar liked this post

Completely reborn.

4. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Trece View Post
    LOL Azerbaijan was 3rd in books so shouldn't be shock that this "random" entry placed 2nd.
    or books knew that Azerbaijan bought Lithuania
    Denmark was #1 with bookers for months...

Again, you all talk about Denmark win as it was totally random and out of the blue... totally overlooking that it dominated the booking and polls for months

5. Junkie
    Azerbaijan

A-lister, what do you think about K-otic - Surrender? Do you think it is plagiarism or it is just a coincidence when folk tunes and the refrain are almost the same?

6. Junkie
    Azerbaijan

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDS View Post
    I'd love to meet you there.
    Sure! I was in Oslo, Düsseldorf and Baku. Unfortunately could not make it to Malmö but hope to meet you in Copenhagen

7. Legend
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by CC92 View Post
    I don't think Sweden is representative because it was the host country and it's Denmark's friend. According to that logic Austria was the pre-favourite in 2011 since that was the entry that got the most attention by the media here (I know the comparion is a bit weak since Austria was neither leading in the fan polls nor the betting odds but you get the point). The buzz was created by the Swedish media mostly what makes it look more fishier, not the opposite.
    I meant not just die-hard fans spoke about Denmark...

And Denmark was topping the overall bettings everywhere...

I mean to say it wasn't a pre-favorite is a big lie...
    But outside Sweden no one except hardcore fans talked about any entry except at best their own. It was a pre-favourite and it's likely won the Skandinavian televotes (whether thanks to the pre-favouritism attention or not) but this doesn't quite rule the possibility out that it got unfairly advantaged by the EBU, e.g. to secure that Azerbaijan didn't win.Well, with this logic no one is ever a pre-favorite because most ESC entries aren't reaching outside of their borders anyways

Oh so you also believe in the theory that "poor" Azerbaijan was the legitimate winner???
    No, but I am doubting the per se relevance of a pre-favourite status. There are years of course in which it makes international waves and has an impact on foreign media (2009, to a lesser extent 2012 or 2010) but the Danish entry stayed pretty unknown to casual viewers until the contest. Anyway, all I'm saying is that fan polls ain't proper barometers of public opinion and that results can be manipulated in favour of any entry regardless of its pre expectations.

Azerbaijan, by the way, is a tricky case. I think they have many friendly partners in the EBU but also those that want to get rid of them and give automatically poor points in the jury vote. Western delegations aren't exactly keen on 'undemocratic' countries hosting, Germany wonderfully proved that last year during the voting part.
    Likes  Trece liked this post

8. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
    A-lister, what do you think about K-otic - Surrender? Do you think it is plagiarism or it is just a coincidence when folk tunes and the refrain are almost the same?
    You do realize that EBU actually allowed full on plagiarized songs already? Not plagiarism, sure some resemblances...

But the Azeri entry is the most original that ever been made?

9. Junkie
    Azerbaijan

Again, you all talk about Denmark win as it was totally random and out of the blue... totally overlooking that it dominated the booking and polls for months
    Nobody says it so don't try to put words into someone's mouth! Denmark was one of the favourites and as soon as rehearsals started Azerbaijan, Ukraine and Norway were classified as its main rivals with Azerbaijan being the one possibly to beat it.

10. Junkie
    Azerbaijan

But the Azeri entry is the most original that ever been made?
    I was talking about Only Teadrops and your reply comment look indeed ridiculous