View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll

73 28.52%

30 11.72%

30 11.72%

25 9.77%

31 12.11%

19 7.42%

6 2.34%

5 1.95%

7 2.73%

10 3.91%

20 7.81%
Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: FINLAND 2014 - Softengine - Something Better

FINLAND 2014 - Softengine - Something Better

<font size="5">
    Likes  Nicky, Celia, 12Points, stratis liked this post

2. Veteran
    Sweden

Re: FINLAND 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Julpukke View Post
    Last time Finland tried with a song in finnish, we didn't get in the final. We obviously want to be in the final, so...
    You were actual top. 10 with the viewers, it was those awful juries that made you skip the final...

Look at Estonia, they're pretty successful and has qualified with their Estonian language entries... considering Finnish is pretty similar I think Europe appreciate listen to Finno-Ugric...

I mean look at Hungary, they made it to the top. 10 in 2013 with an entry in Hungarian that no one really thought would be that successful. I guess there's something appealing to Europe in these languages.

3. Veteran
    Sweden

This was my fav entry in the Finnish selection for 2013:

Likes  EurovisionDenmark liked this post

4. Veteran
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    You were actual top. 10 with the viewers, it was those awful juries that made you skip the final...

Look at Estonia, they're pretty successful and has qualified with their Estonian language entries... considering Finnish is pretty similar I think Europe appreciate listen to Finno-Ugric...

I mean look at Hungary, they made it to the top. 10 in 2013 with an entry in Hungarian that no one really thought would be that successful. I guess there's something appealing to Europe in these languages.
    Estonian language is way nicer than Finnish.
    Hungarian is way different than Finnish and Estonian, phonetic and grammar is totally different, I don't understand a single wod in Hungarian, they have nothing to do with each other nowadays, maybe hundreds of years ago, I don't know ...

In 2010 It wasn't properly Finnish, It was a dialect from Carelia.
    I don't think the language is that important, a good song is a good song no matter in which language is sung.

5. Junior Member
    Italy

Finland, send Tea Hiilloste pleaseeee!

6. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by cegs5 View Post
    Hungarian is way different than Finnish and Estonian, phonetic and grammar is totally different, I don't understand a single wod in Hungarian, they have nothing to do with each other nowadays, maybe hundreds of years ago, I don't know ...

In 2010 It wasn't properly Finnish, It was a dialect from Carelia.
    I don't think the language is that important, a good song is a good song no matter in which language is sung.
    But to the general European viewer who doesn't understand a word in Finnish or Estonian, I don't think the difference would come across as THAT large.

Yes, I know that Hungarian differs alot, my point was that maybe people like how the Finno-Ugric languages sounds in general...

I agree about the last part, all I was saying in my original comment was that the public actually liked your entry in Finnish in 2010, it was the juries that made it fail.

Still though, would be nice to hear Finnish again...
    Likes  EurovisionDenmark liked this post

7. Veteran
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    But to the general European viewer who doesn't understand a word in Finnish or Estonian, I don't think the difference would come across as THAT large.

Yes, I know that Hungarian differs alot, my point was that maybe people like how the Finno-Ugric languages sounds in general...

I agree about the last part, all I was saying in my original comment was that the public actually liked your entry in Finnish in 2010, it was the juries that made it fail.

Still though, would be nice to hear Finnish again...
    It would be nice a nice song in Finnish, the last one which got in the final was Missä miehet ratsastaa (22nd)

8. Veteran
    Sweden

It would be nice a nice song in Finnish, the last one which got in the final was Missä miehet ratsastaa (22nd)
    The last one that would have gotten to the final was Työlki ellää in 2010 that was 6th in televoting alone... ! I don't find the juries' 15th position legitimate what-so-ever, it was just their agenda to bloc local sounding entries from being successful!
    Likes  CC92, Fluke liked this post

9. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

My ultimate dream for Finland will always be the same - send Nightwish. I could then die happy.
    Current 2019 ranking (23rd February) 12. Australia, 10. Estonia, 8. Albania, 7. Spain, 6. Czech Republic, 5. Latvia, 4. Italy, 3. Romania, 2. Germany, 1. Slovenia

10. Amateur
    Greenland

Actually the Finnish and Hungarian languages are the only languages that aren't based on any other language in Europe. I think that's the reason that they're so appealing!
    Nincs most más, csak a kedvesem, az én kedvesem...
    Favo ESC country 2013:

HalooHelsinki!