View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll

37 15.81%

16 6.84%

26 11.11%

30 12.82%

16 6.84%

17 7.26%

17 7.26%

13 5.56%

15 6.41%

13 5.56%

34 14.53%
Page 2 of 205 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: ESTONIA 2014 - Tanja - Amazing

ESTONIA 2014 - Tanja - Amazing

2. Expert
    Estonia

re: ESTONIA 2014 - Tanja - Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Hopefully not...

Haven't they learned by now that the success ratio for entries in Estonian has proven to be alot better than the ones for the English entries?
    It's a much bigger problem that isn't even Eurovision related at all. We have a lot of singers and bands who dream of international success. Not that there's nothing wrong with the idea itself, but it's the way they try to achieve it. They don't want to make good music and become known for that. They just want attention as soon as possible. They can't even make a name for themselves in Estonia, yet they hope there's an audience for them across the borders. Eesti Laul has slowly become full of such attention hunters. Every year I hope things will be different, but no, it just gets worse. Thankfully, this year we had a good example of the opposite: Winny Puhh. You make like them or not, but they did exactly what they usually do, stayed true to themselves and received a lot of international attention, multiple times more than all the English entries combined together. Maybe someone learned something from it, but I doubt it.
    ♪♫♪♫ Cep cep cep cep cep kuuku kuuku cep cep cep cep cep cep kuuku ♪♫♪♫

3. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by eerik View Post
    It's a much bigger problem that isn't even Eurovision related at all. We have a lot of singers and bands who dream of international success. Not that there's nothing wrong with the idea itself, but it's the way they try to achieve it. They don't want to make good music and become known for that. They just want attention as soon as possible. They can't even make a name for themselves in Estonia, yet they hope there's an audience for them across the borders. Eesti Laul has slowly become full of such attention hunters. Every year I hope things will be different, but no, it just gets worse. Thankfully, this year we had a good example of the opposite: Winny Puhh. You make like them or not, but they did exactly what they usually do, stayed true to themselves and received a lot of international attention, multiple times more than all the English entries combined together. Maybe someone learned something from it, but I doubt it.
    I see, I think those people can be found in all selections, but they're delusional and time-and-space consuming because chances of them getting international careers are almost 0, so it's kinda pointless hunting something you won't get.

I mean Loreen had a quite cross-European success with "Euphoria", is she having an international career yet though? No...

It's VERY hard to break-through internationally, and ESC has not really had any international breakthroughs since Celine Dion... it's just very difficult.

Alot of acts sings in English in hope of this breakthrough to come, but they should instead realize that their market would be their local and regional one and if they want to have a career at all, they should put their focus locally instead of chasing dreams.

4. Legend
    Sweden

Kind of impossible to say to people they need to grow up first before they're allowed to express themselves. I guess everyone would jump for any chance of a step forward. In the end it's the viewers that decide though, isn't it? The viewers could be wrong and for all of us, they usually are. But that's the ways of ESC.

5. Mentor
    Russian Federation

Iiris Vesik or Roovel Oobik!

6. Expert
    Estonia

We're obviously in for 2014, 'tho first confirmation usually comes day after the final.
    Looks like our head of delegation has given the first confirmation of our participation... to ESCDaily.com.

Quote Originally Posted by SpZ View Post
    I am personally hoping to have something kinda folkish and more Estonia for the next year than those boring ballads.
    So my dream would be something like
    Zetod
    I can't help but wonder if this song was submitted to EL2013. Dates and length seems to match.

7. Expert
    Estonia

Kene from Mimicry is pursuing her solo career and has released three songs so far. Sounds totally different than Mimicry and I think there's a great chance we'll see her in Eesti Laul 2014.

Links:
    https://www.facebook.com/KENEmusic
    https://soundcloud.com/kenemusic
    Kene
    Likes  Starmania liked this post

8. Expert
    Estonia

New synthpop duo NimmerSchmidt:

They were previously part of a group called Laika Virgin and made it to the Eesti Laul 2011 semi-finals but were disqualified as their entry "Ilusad inimesed" was released on the evening of 31st August, just hours before 1st September.

Links:
    https://soundcloud.com/nimmerschmidt
    https://www.facebook.com/nimmerschmidt

9. Expert
    Estonia

Likes  anto475 liked this post

10. Expert
    Estonia

Winny Puhh (Eesti Laul 2013) at Rick Owens fashion demonstration in Paris.

11. Expert
    Malta

Off-topic, but R.I.P. Silvi Vrait

I always thought her song was underrated, and it was a great start to what became one of my favourite Eurovision countries! (apart from the dark 2004-2008)
    Likes  toinou03, Starmania liked this post

JANICE MANGION FOR MALTA 2017