View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll

49 20.76%

22 9.32%

19 8.05%

19 8.05%

12 5.08%

30 12.71%

16 6.78%

10 4.24%

12 5.08%

5 2.12%

42 17.80%
Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: AZERBAIJAN 2014 - Dilara Kazimova - Start A Fire

AZERBAIJAN 2014 - Dilara Kazimova - Start A Fire

2. Veteran
    Sweden

re: AZERBAIJAN 2014 - Dilara Kazimova

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
    even if its English but as long as not outsourced?
    Well, yeah that's better than nothing...

Atleast it will be a product of the country...

3. Enthusiast
    Australia

what do you guys think of an outsourced song but sang in Azeri?

4. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
    what do you guys think of an outsourced song but sang in Azeri?
    Well, there was an Azeri version of Sabina's entry which was pretty good (also it had more ethnic elements to it)...

If it's in Azeri language then my bet is that atleast songwriters would be Azeris, so that means it would atleast be partly a homegrown product...

5. Junkie
    Azerbaijan

We are proud of our culture and music so don't even try to show it the other way round! It is just when it comes to ESC, Ictimai prefers to send westernized songs sang in English. They beieve it gives us more chance to get higher positions in the contest. In fact, it is true and the results of the previous years is a good proof of that. Nevertheless, I personally would love to see a song sang in Azerbaijani regardless whether it is a pop, rock, jazz or even a folk song

6. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
    We are proud of our culture and music so don't even try to show it the other way round! It is just when it comes to ESC, Ictimai prefers to send westernized songs sang in English. They beieve it gives us more chance to get higher positions in the contest. In fact, it is true and the results of the previous years is a good proof of that. Nevertheless, I personally would love to see a song sang in Azerbaijani regardless whether it is a pop, rock, jazz or even a folk song
    Well, how is it a proof when you never tried anything else really (except for the debut)? You never really tried anything else so you can't say you would fail with it?

Anyways, Azerbaijan has proven that it works to shop-for-songs, now it should be time to show of Azeri talents to the rest of Europe finally... ! So far, the image Azerbaijan has given to rest of Europe, are that you don't believe in yourself as much to showcase what you can accomplish by yourself... it's a weird way of showing "pride"

7. Junkie
    Azerbaijan

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Well, how is it a proof when you never tried anything else really (except for the debut)? You never really tried anything else so you can't say you would fail with it?

Anyways, Azerbaijan has proven that it works to shop-for-songs, now it should be time to show of Azeri talents to the rest of Europe... ! So far, the image Azerbaijan has given to rest of Europe, are that you don't believe in yourself as much to showcase what your have... it's a weird way of showing "pride"
    I explained why, it does so only when it comes to ESC. In any case we are not alone and there is a good number of countries doing the same year after year. This trend was already in favour at times we joined ESC so just keep doing something many countries did in 2000th.

8. Veteran
    Sweden

I explained why, it does so only when it comes to ESC. In any case we are not alone and there is a good number of countries doing the same year after year. This trend was already in favour at times we joined ESC so just keep doing something many countries did in 2000th.
    But ESC is a platform for you to showcase yourself to the rest of Europe, the majority will never find out about Azeri music in any other way, yet we never get to hear any

Yes, other countries shop abroad for songs aswell, but there's no denying that the Azeri case is in a league of its own really (5/6 entries). It's becoming a bit like a caricature, just like everyone expect Belarus to change their chosen entry in the last second, everyone are now expecting Azerbaijan to import an entry from abroad (with atleast some Swede involved).

I mean, none of the songs have been bad really, but it's a pity because we never really get to know Azeri music...
    Likes  Fred liked this post

9. Junkie
    Azerbaijan

But ESC is a platform for you to showcase yourself to the rest of Europe, the majority will never find out about Azeri music in any other way, yet we never get to hear any

Yes, other countries shop abroad for songs aswell, but there's no denying that the Azeri case is in a league of its own really (5/6 entries). It's becoming a bit like a caricature, just like everyone expect Belarus to change their chosen entry in the last second, everyone are now expecting Azerbaijan to import an entry from abroad (with atleast some Swede involved).

I mean, none of the songs have been bad really, but it's a pity because we never really get to know Azeri music...
    Do you mean it is all about listening to genuine Azeri music at ESC? There is plenty of ways to find out real Azeri music

Btw all your messages are kinda repetitive speaking about the same issue over and over You could easily copy paste one of your messages about Azerbaijan at ESC, content would have been still the same

10. Veteran
    Sweden

It is not all about listening to genuine Azeri music at ESC. There is plenty of ways to find out real Azeri music
    Yes, but the vast majority doesn't live their lives on YT or Google

If I were Azeri I would be upset that my broadcaster dismiss everything local... I mean it doesn't have to even be ethnic or in Azeri language, but atleast made by Azeris...

I mean you honestly feel like these imported entries represent your country?

11. Junkie
    Azerbaijan

If I were Azeri I would be upset that my broadcaster dismiss everything local... I mean it doesn't have to even be ethnic or in Azeri language, but atleast made by Azeris...
    What are you trying to make me feel? Haven't you noticed all my comments regarding this issue? If not then open your eyes wider and read my comments more carefully