View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll

49 20.76%

22 9.32%

19 8.05%

19 8.05%

12 5.08%

30 12.71%

16 6.78%

10 4.24%

12 5.08%

5 2.12%

42 17.80%
Page 171 of 175 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1749

Thread: AZERBAIJAN 2014 - Dilara Kazimova - Start A Fire

AZERBAIJAN 2014 - Dilara Kazimova - Start A Fire

2. Expert
    San Marino

Re: AZERBAIJAN 2014 - Dilara Kazimova - Start A Fire

Quote Originally Posted by WhoKnows View Post
    Is it just me or do people only demand ethno stuff from Eastern countries? I never hear people say "That Sweden better send an ethno song next time". Nobody seems to complain when other Western countries send songs without much national favor. Does Rise Like a Phoenix feel like an "Austrian" song (whatever that means)? But for some reason, Eastern ones have to send ethno in their native language. And if they don't, it's usually held against them.
    Nothing against them at all but Azerbaijan sends every year Swedish songs.RLAP at least imho has an Austrian air and it reminds CE's entry

3. Ninja
    Sweden

Have you seen the jury voting from Azerbaijan? I'm 100% sure that it's manipulated by someone with mighty powers in Azerbaijan... I mean everyone ranked Armenia last (of course), they ranked Austria second or third last and Sweden between 22-24. Someone definetly said how the jury should rank them!
    Yeah yeah, fire. - Eleni Foureira

4. Expert
    San Marino

Quote Originally Posted by tsegaye View Post
    Have you seen the jury voting from Azerbaijan? I'm 100% sure that it's manipulated by someone with mighty powers in Azerbaijan... I mean everyone ranked Armenia last (of course), they ranked Austria second or third last and Sweden between 22-24. Someone definetly said how the jury should rank them!
    Or it's jury by it's own that ranked them like this on purpose

5. Banned
    Czech Republic

Azerbaijan paid the bill this year for cheating on us with a very bad result. Actually, I think it wasn't their worst song (looking at 2010 and 2011), but still they deserved it.

It also seems like the Turkish diaspora all over Europe let them down completely, because Azerbaijan sank in the televotes to last and second last places in the televoting in countries where many Turkish people from Turkey live. They might have lost interest at all this year maybe......

6. Hero
    Sweden

Azerbaijan: 'It is doubtful Dilara finished 22nd' | Eurovision 2015 Predictions, Polls, Odds, Rankings | WiwiBloggs.Com

I donīt know what to say, itīs very clear now that they are not ready taking part in the Contest yet despite it being 6 years since they began,

Still very entertaining reading all whitewash about why they get a bad placing

7. Veteran
    Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Pawhlen View Post
    Azerbaijan: 'It is doubtful Dilara finished 22nd' | Eurovision 2015 Predictions, Polls, Odds, Rankings | WiwiBloggs.Com

I donīt know what to say, itīs very clear now that they are not ready taking part in the Contest yet despite it being 6 years since they began,

pfff how childish ! They finish in the top 5 every year, but you cannot always be a winner. Some people should accept to loose. A lot of other countries would like to have the same success than Azerbaïdjan but they don't complain when they stay in the semi-final.
    Likes  Pawhlen, anto475 liked this post

8. Mentor
    Ireland

It's the most ridiculous thing in the world, I'm sure if we let them win every year they'd probably complain that they're not getting as much 12 points as they expected.
    Likes  Pawhlen liked this post

9. Veteran
    Sweden

For a change I found Azerbaijan truly underrated. However, the performance didn't do much to me, but the song is still a top. 10 imo. I guess it got lost amongst all the ballads, but still.

10. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Ridiculous. Perhaps someone should point back to them how the early favourite to win the contest was ranked dead last by each of their jurors and how mechanical their whole top 25 looked, each of the favourites conveniently placed near the bottom. They seem to be pointing their fingers at the jury when in truth, it was the jury that helped them reach the final. They got beaten by the tiniest micro state in both the semi and final public voting.

Oh and the British Polish votes eh? We can also point out a fun, very similar little fact in regards to Azerbaijan's votes for Austria. Conchita is ranked 2nd last by their jury but in the top 3 by the public of the country.. Oh but it's all alright though as the juror's votes were so bizarre over there that Conchita still managed to pick up a nice single point from the people of Azerbaijan. We wouldn't want to question that now would we? But of course, scandal in the UK!

"Start a Fire" was a beautiful song, the best composition that Azerbaijan has ever sent to the contest in my opinion. They got the place they deserved with it though. The performance to put it as simply as possible, just wasn't good. Somehow Dilara's english managed to get even worse. It was a jumble of sounds coming from her mouth, none of which I could understand. The performance was too much and felt insincere.
    Likes  Adrian, Pawhlen, Odalis liked this post

UK

They sent their best entry ever in my opinion but it was clearly not a song for everyone. Surely they should've know that?