View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll

49 20.76%

22 9.32%

19 8.05%

19 8.05%

12 5.08%

30 12.71%

16 6.78%

10 4.24%

12 5.08%

5 2.12%

42 17.80%
Page 15 of 175 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: AZERBAIJAN 2014 - Dilara Kazimova - Start A Fire

AZERBAIJAN 2014 - Dilara Kazimova - Start A Fire

2. Expert
    Malta

re: AZERBAIJAN 2014 - Dilara Kazimova

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    I think most of us realize by now that the constant 12's from Malta to Azerbaijan is not really connected to Azeri acts doing some promo in Malta... in fact it's probably during those promo trips where one part of the delegation spend some time with Maltese tele companies and the other part with the Maltese ESC jury members... $$$
    I cannot rule out any possible bribery... and split televotes were never revealed to back this argument up. I don't know what to say at this point tbh other than, let's wait if it will happen for the fifth year in a row
    JANICE MANGION FOR MALTA 2017

3. Veteran
    Germany

I´m not a big fan of Azerbaijan in Eurovision, but I hope they confirm for 2014 soon and send something like in 2009.
    Don’t stop rock, rock this place - Don’t stop tryin’, try your best - Don’t stop, don’t stop movin´ (Switzerland 2012 - Sinplus - Unbreakable)

4. Ninja
    Poland

2009! The best azerbaijani entry! Always <3
    Likes  AshleyWright liked this post

5. Enthusiast
    UK

i loved last years

6. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by CPV4931 View Post
    I´m not a big fan of Azerbaijan in Eurovision, but I hope they confirm for 2014 soon and send something like in 2009.
    Same here, actually "Hold me" was probably my favorite entry to date. It's outdated but melodically I am actually quite fond of it. I have nothing against mainstream pop songs but their songs always feel sooo...I don't know.....disingenuous.

The entire rigging situation obviously makes it even more difficult to root for Azerbaijan. Actually I wouldn't be too shocked if Azerbaijan won't take part next year due to the circumstances.

7. Ninja
    Poland

The worst azerbaijani song is from 2008 :P blee

8. Legend
    Greece

I want them to stay in competition, and on my opinion they deserved all that good positions in finals all those years cause every year they send great songs. Maybe they have too aggressive promo campaigns but with songs and singers they choose year by year they deserve every single points.
    Likes  MARCOMEN, Paddy liked this post

"Homosexuality is abnormal"
    - Måns Zelmerlöw (2014)

9. Expert
    Malta

Quote Originally Posted by ESCPOLAND View Post
    The worst azerbaijani song is from 2008 :P blee
    Agreed... that screaming sounded like nails against a chalk board!!

10. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    I want them to stay in competition, and on my opinion they deserved all that good positions in finals all those years cause every year they send great songs. Maybe they have too aggressive promo campaigns but with songs and singers they choose year by year they deserve every single points.
    I don't think a country that rigs and bribe should even deserve to stay in the contest... but that's just me.

And what exactly did they deserve? Everything in their entries were imported (songwriters + composers + producers + background singers + choreographers + promotion teams)... I mean it's not as if the entries were all awful or anything (2008 was awful though), but I can't say that they had success based on their own merits and fair-play... and as far as entries go, decent but soulless... which in the end is not that surprising considering they were all calculated imports and no heart were put into these entries.
    Likes  Terence, Nikkita liked this post

11. Expert
    Malta

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post

And what exactly did they deserve? Everything in their entries were imported (songwriters + composers + producers + background singers + choreographers + promotion teams)... I mean it's not as if the entries were all awful or anything (2008 was awful though), but I can't say that they had success based on their own merits and fair-play... and as far as entries go, decent but soulless... which in the end is not that surprising considering they were all calculated imports and no heart were put into these entries.
    I have to agree there... the only remotely Azeri thing to grace the Eurovision stage was that instrumental-flute (duduk?) during Sabina's performance, wasn't it?

Fair play though, it seems they're holding onto the 'if it ain't broke, why fix it' formula - importing instantly likeable pop songs, a good presentation and voila, guaranteed votes. In a way, they're doing a good job.