View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
357. You may not vote on this poll

111 31.09%

29 8.12%

38 10.64%

22 6.16%

21 5.88%

22 6.16%

15 4.20%

10 2.80%

11 3.08%

9 2.52%

69 19.33%
Page 51 of 264 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: AUSTRIA 2014 - Conchita Wurst - Rise like a Phoenix

1. Legend
    Spain

Re: AUSTRIA 2014 - Conchita Wurst - Rise like a Phoenix

@Sabrewulf238 It's not offensive at all and I have nothing against it since her attitude doesn't hurt anyone. But I guess I'm able to give a personal opinion about her looks, right? We usually do it when some singer is not well dressed on the stage, so I guess I can also say a woman with beard is not something I'd consider esthetic in my eyes. It's not a big deal and I don't think such an over-sensitive reaction is justified in this case.
    1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

2. Wizard
    North Korea

I expected something good. Austria did not deliver.

Shame.
    Completely reborn.

3. WorldVision Mod
    Colombia

Well Austria has moved up slightly in the odds, Austria is now 13th. I think it was like 17th/18th before or even lower down before.
    Likes  Nicky liked this post

FSC United Kingdom
    Marina - To Be Human
    WV Greece
    TBA
    NSC Solentoya
    TBA

4. Veteran
    Israel

Yay a musical ballad, though I can't really take the video with much seriousness.
    http://i.imgur.com/Sc3vj7T.gif

5. Ninja
    Norway

5 pts. for the voice, 0 pts. for the song. Dont' like it. -

6. Mentor
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by wlhlwn View Post
    I don't know what this is, in my eyes its just a pathetic creature, Dana International with a beard...
    Anyway it will not influence my opinion about the song ))
    First of all it seems to have influenced your opinion a whole lot! And secondly Dana International and Conchita Wurst are incomparable due to the fact that Dana is a transwoman and Conchita is merely a drag act. I really don't see why everyone is up in arms about Conchita because there have been many drag acts associated with Eurovision with AfterDark in MF 2004 and 2007, with Queentastic in MGP 2006 and DQ for Denmark in 2007!!

It saddens me that there are still many people who have a problem with what's against the norm and they feel like anything that is different to what they usually see is some sort of danger to them! Don't bring your bigoted issues to this forum and keep them to yourselves!
    Likes  AshleyWright, RainyWoods, Mozz, Nicky liked this post

7. Hero
    Ireland

Conchita appeared on an Irish talk show a few months ago and he seemed very friendly. If he had been talking behind a curtain you'd have hardly thought anything of it.

The only reason men don't dress like women is because of history and how we were effected by society through time. (At least that's the only logical reason I can think of) There's no "higher" reason that only women should wear dresses. I'll be the first to admit that the thought of wearing a dress + make up WEIRDS ME OUT (even as a joke).....but I have no issue with others doing it in a serious way. More power to them for not being weighed down by the expectations of society.
    Likes  RainyWoods, Nicky, Knubelznarm liked this post

8. Senior Member
    Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    First of all it seems to have influenced your opinion a whole lot! And secondly Dana International and Conchita Wurst are incomparable due to the fact that Dana is a transwoman and Conchita is merely a drag act. I really don't see why everyone is up in arms about Conchita because there have been many drag acts associated with Eurovision with AfterDark in MF 2004 and 2007, with Queentastic in MGP 2006 and DQ for Denmark in 2007!!

It saddens me that there are still many people who have a problem with what's against the norm and they feel like anything that is different to what they usually see is some sort of danger to them! Don't bring your bigoted issues to this forum and keep them to yourselves!
    Wrong! If I say that it not influence my opinion about the song, how can you say that it is not so?
    I give my opinion about this man/woman who looks very very pathetic in my eyes, even making me want to puke when I look at "it".
    And she looks like Dana International with a beard, I am not saying that they are the same

9. Mentor
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by eerik View Post
    Of course, and Dustin the Turkey is a real bird.
    Do you know what "drag" is? I don't think you understand the art behind it, I will try and keep composed because I don't want to repeat myself. But the thing is, is that you are afraid of what is foreign to you and no amount of trying to help you see the other side of the norm will make any difference.

10. See You Space Cowboy
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseES View Post
    @Sabrewulf238 It's not offensive at all and I have nothing against it since her attitude doesn't hurt anyone. But I guess I'm able to give a personal opinion about her looks, right? We usually do it when some singer is not well dressed on the stage, so I guess I can also say a woman with beard is not something I'd consider esthetic in my eyes. It's not a big deal and I don't think such an over-sensitive reaction is justified in this case.
    I know it's only human that in our minds we judge how people look but I think the whole point of Conchita's act and persona is to tell us that we shouldn't be so vocal and judgemental. Everyone should be free to live their life how they please but people face much difficulty doing so because of how people scorn and criticise. With free speech, people often forget manners and respect for others (I'm not referring to you here). This world is in a very dark place at the moment.

I'm not having a go at you at all and your comment wasn't really that bad. It is your opinions and feelings of course. Yohio's look doesn't particularly please me but I wouldn't judge him for it or criticise. Through my early life I faced criticism for how I looked and it wrecked me. I know how the smallest things through to the biggest can feel.

At first I wasn't sure on Conchita but now I really like her and I believe her message is honest and heartfelt.
    Likes  Magizian, rayoflight55, toinou03, Nicky liked this post