View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
358. You may not vote on this poll

111 31.01%

29 8.10%

38 10.61%

22 6.15%

21 5.87%

22 6.15%

15 4.19%

10 2.79%

11 3.07%

9 2.51%

70 19.55%
Page 164 of 264 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2639

Thread: AUSTRIA 2014 - Conchita Wurst - Rise like a Phoenix

1. Banned
    Czech Republic

Re: AUSTRIA 2014 - Conchita Wurst - Rise like a Phoenix

C'mon, the ancient Greeks loved to dress as women and wore beards..... they may have invented travesty, at least it's documented......

travesty is traditional entertainment and not an invention by Conchita Wurst..... and still it sets people up....

get a hold in your life, pleassssse

2. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

I actually find Conchita beyond stunning to look at. A true gender bending, androgynous beauty. She looks fascinating and the first time I laid eyes on her, I actually believed she was a woman. When I look at her now I don't even see a "woman with a beard", I just see Conchita.

There will come a day hopefully when it doesn't matter how you choose to dress. A day when gender roles are no more and people can just express themselves how they want to without fear of being judged or offending anyone. It's just cloth/fabric... and I don't understand how said cloth/fabric plus facial hair can cause such repulsion in many people.

3. Enthusiast
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Mlyn View Post

get a hold in your life, pleassssse
    This is the type of thing I hate about the LGBT community. CypriotGurl is just giving her opinion about Conchita's appearance, and what she thinks of the song, and suddenly, it's homophobic, religious, heterosexual preaching. Seriously? This is the same bullying tactic that was used on Aram, simply because he had his own opinion.

I don't personally like Conchita because she seems like the kind of person who needs attention 24/7. It's all about shock value gay, Milely Cyrus getting nude in Wrecking Ball, and the Conchita Wurst act to me, are virtually the same, saying: 'THIS IS WHO I AM!' through sheer shock factor. There are people who are comfortable being gay and not having to make every part of their lives based entirely on their sexuality. I'd rather spend time with that type of person, rather than somebody who just goes on, and on, and on, about nothing but their sexuality.
    Likes  GWTW1939, beyoncefromtheblo, demonl, simonPL liked this post

I hit "Slow Down" after I hit "Play"

4. Veteran
    Czech Republic

I'm crying like a baby re-watching her performance. Sorry, but I just lost it. This is the winner.

I'm so sorry Czech Republic is not participating. We would give Austria high points, I'm pretty sure about that (based on the quality of this song and the history of Czechs' love for drag acts)
    Likes  Tylor liked this post

5. Addict
    Panama

I'll be posting my final Scoreboard for all Finalist threads, Hope she gets the 3rd Place

6. Enthusiast
    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by eugoose View Post
    This is the type of thing I hate about the LGBT community. CypriotGurl is just giving her opinion about Conchita's appearance, and what she thinks of the song, and suddenly, it's homophobic, religious, heterosexual preaching. Seriously? This is the same bullying tactic that was used on Aram, simply because he had his own opinion.
    Oh no, she said it was repulsive. This is a lack of respect. I didn't mind at all her saying that she didn't like the song, and I think nobody minds if CypriotGirl doesn't like the song, but saying that Conchita's appearance is repulsive BECAUSE and specifically because it is a woman with a beard is a lack of respect. Maybe it's not in Eastern Mediterranean or Northern Europe, but at least it is so in Western Mediterranean. She has the right to have that opinion, of course, but as a lack of respect she should not be surprised if she gets criticised.

And please, don't act as if opinions were just harmless. I'd bet that CypriotGirl and Aram would never hurt anybody, but there is still a lot of beating and even murdering because of homophobia/transphobia. Aram's saying that he speeds up when he has to drive through Yerevan's gay quarter is simply not acceptable (even as a joke) in a world where many people suffer only because they are homosexual o transsexual. This is not bullying, this is just asking some help to stop homophobia/transphobia.
    Likes  Mlyn, Margerita86, cegs5 liked this post

7. Veteran
    Austria

I don't personally like Conchita because she seems like the kind of person who needs attention 24/7. It's all about shock value gay, Milely Cyrus getting nude in Wrecking Ball, and the Conchita Wurst act to me, are virtually the same, saying: 'THIS IS WHO I AM!' through sheer shock factor. There are people who are comfortable being gay and not having to make every part of their lives based entirely on their sexuality. I'd rather spend time with that type of person, rather than somebody who just goes on, and on, and on, about nothing but their sexuality.
    Maybe you mix up two notions here: giving her opinion and insulting. Calling somebody repulsive is insulting.
    Likes  Mlyn liked this post

8. Banned
    Czech Republic

This is the type of thing I hate about ignorant people. CypriotGurl was explicitly stating her opinion about a man in drag and the beard, to justify her thoughts about the song. So she hates the character over the song because of a drag act with beard, something which entertained humanity since forever and she is urged to tell us how repelling that is. That's pure ignorance, also of her own Greek heritage.

I call out discrimination where I see it, like it or not. People who can't stand other people just because of their looks, don't deserve any respect and should feel adviced to get over their ignorance.

9. Expert
    Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by CypriotGirl View Post
    People with down syndrome were born like this. Do they have a choice to change it? No. A man who is dressed like a woman but still having a beard though?

I don't give a damn if someone is transexual or anything like that, I have never said anything bad about let's say Dana International, but Dana's appearance is decent and nothing repulsive IMO. But seeing someone dressed like a woman, having hair like a woman, having jewelry like a woman, but still having a beard makes me puke. And don't make me seem to say things I haven't, I haven't said anything about anybody's sexuality to make you tell me I "just want the people to be heterosexual", in fact I don't give a damn about that either, if I accept something or not is up to me, but you would never find even half post of mine discussing someone's sexuality itself.

And I find the song meh and his/her voice annoying (besides singing on tune), so that's another reason I dislike this entry. If the song was great, I wouldn't mind whoever sang it, even if it was a man dressed as a woman with beard like Conchita.
    The comment on the song itself is just ANOTHER REASON to dislike the entry?
    So the primary reason is the physical appearance? If this is not a homophobic statement, I don't know what else to call it.
    Likes  Mlyn, greece liked this post

"Music is the wind that blows when the air feels dry, it is the wings if humans can fly."

My mother watch only the Final, but this morning she asked me to show her Austria’s entry in Semi 2 and also Romania’s entry. She heard about Tom on the news.

about Austria:
    “ he’s like Jesus on the cross, suffering”
    “he sang his heart out in front of us”
    “song is not great, but his performance is impressive”
    her prediction: "I expect him to be on top but I don't think he will win, because people have to choose the best song. I didn't saw the others,though."

about Romania:
    " I like the song better than the other [Austria song] but “they look like robots, sang mechanic".
    her prediction: "not top 5 neither 5 bottom, just a mediocre act".