PDA

View Full Version : Greece 2002 - Michalis Rakintzis - S.A.G.A.P.O.

Fluke
10th July 2012, 21:29
I'm surprised this one doesn't come up on the "Worst ESC songs ever" lists.... it basically sounds like a really bad 90s boy-band tune with AWFUL vocals, a limping, awkward accompaniment that sounds like something's missing or the tempo's really wrong, and the whole song is ridiculously repetitive with the shouted part being so bad sounding with his voice in the first place.

Then there's those ridiculous futuristic SWAT-team outfits that have nothing to do with the song, and to top it all, their "choreography" is so stiff and awkward it only makes it worse, though that should hardly be possible.

So what do you all think... is this really one of the worst, or am i all wrong here :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiTOVNRS-vw

AdelAdel
10th July 2012, 21:37
It is not a good song, but it's not the worst. If you listen to ALL the songs from 1956-2012 you'll hear way worse songs than this one.
And if I remember correctly, aside from Cyprus's usual 12 points, a country with a jury that year had given points to this song.

EscGeek
10th July 2012, 23:28
in my top5... :D

weird song,but that's what i like!

alca
11th July 2012, 01:17
Actually the studio version is "ok" but the live performance (in general) is horrible!

Milos-BC
11th July 2012, 20:19
This is not the worst song of that edition and certainly not one of the worst ever.

I actually think it is really catchy and appealing.......but yeah the performance was quite messy though.

Stargazer
15th July 2012, 04:46
The live performance is horrible and embarrassing, but the studio version is awesome. The melody of the chorus is fantastic. I used to hate this song until I stumbled upon the studio version on YouTube a few years ago and was all :o. While it's not among my all-time favorites, it's definitely a favorite.

greece
31st January 2014, 20:18
I love this song xheart

I sing it all the time in the school!Everyone in my class do it :lol:

I can not understand why all this hate to this song...:?:

Say,say,say,say the magic word
Sayapo S.A.G.A.P.O. xlisten2

WuttabKR
31st January 2014, 20:23
The live version is absolutely horrible, one time where the backing vocals are better than the lead vocals. :o

lilka
14th February 2014, 12:26
Sorry but I just have to write this: he is the master of disaster. :lol:

Stargazer
14th February 2014, 18:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roVQLBO2LgQ

That synthesizer! Those backing vocals of the chorus! :D xlove

Nicholas123
14th February 2014, 18:25
I agree with Anna.
The live performance was a disaster, the song itself though was pretty good.
Mihalis has been a respected composer in 90's.
Bonnie Tyler and Ian Gillan have sung his songs. :mrgreen: