PDA

View Full Version : Future Voting Blocks

thegry
7th July 2012, 14:45
Now, the reason i'm putting this here is because this is also about future participating countries. Here we go:
Scadinavia-Baltic: ::se::no::dk::fi::is
Russian: ::ru::by::ua::kz::ee::lv::lt
Baltic: ::al::ba::md::me::rs::sl
Arab World::eg::ma::tn::dz

Feel free to leave your opinions!

AdelAdel
7th July 2012, 15:07
But... aren't these the current voting blocks? :lol:
And what the heck is New Zealand and Australia doing there? :lol:

rajo
7th July 2012, 16:16
Now, the reason i'm putting this here is because this is also about future participating countries. Here we go:
Scadinavia-Baltic: ::se::no::dk::fi::is::ee::lt::lv

Denmark and Finland are so not blockish with each other.

The Baltics regularly don't vote with the Nordic countries, there's just a mutual Finland-Estonia-crush.

Basically, the only conceivable blocks are Iceland/Denmark and Denmark/Norway/Sweden and the Baltics.
Finland always gets lots of points from their neighbours, but hardly gives any in return.

English-Speaking: ::uk::au::nz::mt::ie

:confused:

Caucasian: ::ge::tr::am::az

There is only a Turkey-Azerbaijan-block and a Georgia-Armenia block. These four don't go altogether. Azerbaijan gave 0 points to Armenia, and Armenia 1 point to Azerbaijan.

Russian: ::ru::by::ua::kz

Russia's vote is less block-ish and Kazakhstan would vote rather with the Turk countries.
Only Belarus and Ukraine are the blocksters.

Baltic: ::gr::cy::hr::al::ba::mk::md::me::ro::rs::sk::sl

Cyprus is not part of the Balkan and only votes with Greece. Slovakia neither is a part of the Balkan and has no block vote history at all.
Romania and Moldova vote for each other and rely on Italy and Spain rather than on the rest of the Balkan.
Albania has no fans on the Balkan at all, except for FYROM, Kosovo and parts of Montenegro because of diaspora.

Arab World: ::eg::il::jo::lb::ma::tn::dz

Israel is no part of the Arab world, and the rest of these countries will never be part of Eurovision.

thegry
7th July 2012, 16:19
Whoops... I'll remove those you mentioned. I just had a little thougt.

thegry
7th July 2012, 16:24
Now... I hope you noted the "future". And you're right, i'll remove the "English-speaking"one, and the Causcasian one. :-(

thegry
7th July 2012, 16:27
OK, removed. btw, the Arab world countries actually are allowed in Eurovision.

rajo
7th July 2012, 16:30
:-(

No need to get depressed here ;)

NemesisNick
7th July 2012, 16:36
Shouldn't Scandinavia-Baltic really be Nordic-Baltic?

Why have you got Baltic against Greece, Cyprus and the ex-Yugoslav countries? That should be Balkan.

Slovakia is part of former Czechoslovakia, not former Yugoslavia.

The Balkan countries include the ex-Yugoslav countries Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia. I have an inkling Algeria is also classed as Balkan, but was never part of Yugoslavia (could someone back me up on that one).

I don't think Greece or Cyprus are Balkan, and they were certainly never part of Yugoslavia. It's just that for some reason Greece and Cyprus always seem to give 12 points to each other (when both are present in a semi-final or grand final), no matter how bad their songs are; so that's really a partnership on its own.

What about Spain, Portugal (and Andorra when present). Isn't that another Iberian block?

AdelAdel
7th July 2012, 16:39
Cyprus and Greece are going frenzy in my opinion. I bet if Greece send a song entiltled "I hate Cyprus", the Cypriots would still give it 12 points... :?

rajo
7th July 2012, 16:46
Balkan is defined as Ex-YU except Slovenia, including Albania, Greece, Bulgaria and Albania.
Romania actually is not part of the Balkan anymore, since Balkan is south of Danube and Save.

Ex-YU is not the only constituent of the Balkan, but the only firm voting block.

NemesisNick
7th July 2012, 16:53
Why isn't Slovenia part of the Balkan area? It's part of the former Yugoslavia.
I didn't think Romania was ever Balkan. It was certainly never part of Yugoslavia.

rajo
7th July 2012, 16:57
Yugoslavia is not the same as Balkan. Please consult Wikipedia for in-depth information and definitions.

Sabiondo
12th July 2012, 14:12
There is only a Turkey-Azerbaijan-block and a Georgia-Armenia block. These four don't go altogether. Azerbaijan gave 0 points to Armenia, and Armenia 1 point to Azerbaijan.

Armenia never in the life will give points to Turkey & Azerbaijan for reasons what all we knows. :lol:

Russia's vote is less block-ish and Kazakhstan would vote rather with the Turk countries.
Only Belarus and Ukraine are the blocksters.

Sorry but the block towards Russia - (Armenia, The Baltics, Israel, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Germany) still strong and in Kazakhstan lives many Russian Speakers than ever, so Turkey maybe will get 8 or 7 points from Kazakhstan.

Romania and Moldova vote for each other and rely on Italy and Spain rather than on the rest of the Balkan.
Albania has no fans on the Balkan at all, except for FYROM, Kosovo and parts of Montenegro because of diaspora.

Moldova also its part of Soviet block, because they still gave give higth points to Russia :lol: & Albania also had diaspora in Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Slovenia, Austria & Germany, so does they don't had many fans, no ..? :lol:

Israel is no part of the Arab world, and the rest of these countries will never be part of Eurovision.

Geographically Israel is part of the Arab world, if the Arabs are not going to vote Israel, that's is his problem ..

AdelAdel
12th July 2012, 14:26
Armenia never in the life will give points to Turkey & Azerbaijan for reasons what all we knows. :lol:

Actually, Armenia has been giving points to both: Turkey and Azerbaijan in the past.

Sabiondo
12th July 2012, 15:19
Actually, Armenia has been giving points to both: Turkey and Azerbaijan in the past.

1 - Because in Armenia lives a lot of Iranian people - (Who generally they supported Azerbaijan in 2008 & 2009 becuz their roots).

2 - Dum Tek Tek was very popular song in Armenia in 2009 :p

But a common and current Armenian person never will vote for both... :p

AdelAdel
12th July 2012, 15:25
1 - Because in Armenia lives a lot of Iranian people - (Who generally they supported Azerbaijan in 2008 & 2009 becuz their roots).

2 - Dum Tek Tek was very popular song in Armenia in 2009 :p

But a common and current Armenian person never will vote for both... :p

When we look at the opposite - Azerbaijan has never voted for Armenia, but Turkey always gives very high notes to Armenia. Wonder, why's that?

Sabiondo
12th July 2012, 15:43
When we look at the opposite - Azerbaijan has never voted for Armenia, but Turkey always gives very high notes to Armenia. Wonder, why's that?

While still patent the Nagorno-Karabakh issue (http://www.escforums.com/t5508/) and there is no solution yet, Azerbaijan never will vote the Armenians, add that in 2009 they arrested the ppl who vote for them, and this year Armenia had to withdraw from ESC 2012 due by this .

But in Turkey still living a large community of Armenians, and also by the fact that TRT also telecast in Armenian, and has a section in Armenian in his news :)

AdelAdel
12th July 2012, 16:34
While still patent the Nagorno-Karabakh issue (http://www.escforums.com/t5508/) and there is no solution yet, Azerbaijan never will vote the Armenians, add that in 2009 they arrested the ppl who vote for them, and this year Armenia had to withdraw from ESC 2012 due by this .

But in Turkey still living a large community of Armenians, and also by the fact that TRT also telecast in Armenian, and has a section in Armenian in his news :)

Know what I think? That ESC is practically a diaspora contest nowadays :? Ordinary citizens don't watch Eurovision, and for the diaspora it is a perfect opportunity to support their country of origin. The diaspora informs all their people currently living in a specific country and they vote together. This is why the 50/50 voting system is a must.

EdvinasLTU
12th July 2012, 17:51
Baltic:
I guess not baltic, but balkan? o_o

LakZaNokte
12th July 2012, 18:47
Balkan is defined as Ex-YU except Slovenia, including Albania, Greece, Bulgaria and Albania.
Romania actually is not part of the Balkan anymore, since Balkan is south of Danube and Save.

Ex-YU is not the only constituent of the Balkan, but the only firm voting block.
here's more stuff about "Balkan" link (http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkanski_poluotok_(kontroverze))
the page is in croatian, but u can try using translator or something.

there is no Balkan.

Sim
12th July 2012, 19:22
thegry; as a Dutchmen you forget a block

::be, ::nl, ::lu

Tinchey
12th July 2012, 19:38
I think there will be mini-balkan voting bloc: Albania, Montenegro, Kosovo and Macedonia.

Sim
12th July 2012, 19:39
and maybe a new block in the future (although i don't want it!!!) :Flanders and Wallonia

Archer
12th July 2012, 19:56
A Turkic bloc between Turkey, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. Maybe it can include Georgia as well.

amateur
12th July 2012, 20:22
I can't see Turkey getting many points from Kazakhstan; Turks are not liked there and the Kazakh culture is much closer to Russian. Turkey could give some points to them, though.

Archer
12th July 2012, 20:34
I can't see Turkey getting many points from Kazakhstan; Turks are not liked there and the Kazakh culture is much closer to Russian. Turkey could give some points to them, though.

12 would go to Russia of course, but I think we'd get at least 8 and 10.

And how did you come to a conclusion that Turks are not liked in Kazakhstan ?

amateur
12th July 2012, 20:40

And how did you come to a conclusion that Turks are not liked in Kazakhstan ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foqUPiwMiOM

Archer
12th July 2012, 20:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foqUPiwMiOM

I don't know.

seb89
13th July 2012, 13:25
and maybe a new block in the future (although i don't want it!!!) :Flanders and Wallonia

When I saw this thread, I was thinking this as well. I also hope this won't happen :). We'll get finally some points, but still... :p

EdvinasLTU
13th July 2012, 16:48
Well let's check Lithuanian voting history... (just writing lithuanian votes to ''russian'' block)
1994 - Russia 6 pt.,
1999 - Estonia 1 pt.,
2001 - Estonia 12 pt., Russia 10 pt., Latvia 8 pt.,
2002 - Latvia 12 pt., Estonia 8 pt., Russia 7 pt.,
2004 - Ukraine 12 pt., Russia 8 pt.,
2005 - Latvia 12 pt., Russia 7 pt.,
2006 - Russia 12 pt., Latvia 8 pt., Ukraine 7 pt.,
2007 - Latvia 10 pt., Ukraine 8 pt., Belarus 7 pt., Russia 6 pt.,
2008 - Russia 12 pt., Latvia 10 pt., Ukraine 6 pt.,
2009 - Estonia 10 pt., Russia 7 pt., Ukraine 4 pt.,
2010 - Ukraine 6 pt., Russia 5 pt.,
2011 - Estonia 7 pt., Russia 6 pt.,
2012 - Estonia 8 pt., Russia 6 pt., Ukraine 2 pt.

What can I say about friendship with Georgia, that it's awesome... We are giving 12 each other, if we qualify, Tbilisi has Vilnius park, Vilnius is planning Tbilisi park, presidents are meeting, we are creating television serials together... 1200 km between, but we act as neighbours. isn't that cute? : )

lowyby
13th July 2012, 19:17
Omg hahah we would NEVER vote for eachother :p

tuorem
13th July 2012, 20:12
Omg hahah we would NEVER vote for eachother :p

I think so too, Flanders would be more likely to vote for the Netherlands and Wallonia for France maybe.

seb89
13th July 2012, 20:31
Oh yes we would :p!! I'm sure we would give high points to eachother, maybe not maximum each time :p. A lot of Flemish live in Wallonia & vice versa, but that would probably not the main reason.

aletem
19th July 2012, 02:08
I think there will be mini-balkan voting bloc: Albania, Montenegro, Kosovo and Macedonia.
Nah, Macedonia, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Albania is good enough block!!! :mrgreen: :lol: xjump

trololol :mrgreen:

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 15:03

Kazakhstan would probably give 12pts to Russia, 10pts to Ukraine, 8pts to Azerbaijan... I think even Belarus would score higher than Turkey. Also Poland and Germany could score quite well with Kazakh voters considering the Polish and German diaspora there, but they are quite small though.

Turkey 7 or 6 pts perhaps... atleast this is my guess.

Kazakhstan is way closer to the ex-USSR bloc and Russia than Turkey.

Archer
22nd July 2012, 15:37
Kazakhstan would probably give 12pts to Russia, 10pts to Ukraine, 8pts to Azerbaijan... I think even Belarus would score higher than Turkey. Also Poland and Germany could score quite well with Kazakh voters considering the Polish and German diaspora there, but they are quite small though.

Turkey 7 or 6 pts perhaps... atleast this is my guess.

Kazakhstan is way closer to the ex-USSR bloc and Russia than Turkey.

We'll see when they participate.

A-lister
24th July 2012, 15:20
We'll see when they participate.

Yup, whenever that might be....