7. Turkey Can Bonomo (76)
8. Sweden Loreen (66)
9. Bosnia & Herzegovina MayaSar (62)
9. San Marino Valentina Monetta (62)

http://www.eurovisionhouse.nl/images/2012/2012bdaward.jpg

Tbh I thought that Bulgaria or Ireland will win hmm

Andrzej1987
3rd June 2012, 17:59
Not that surprising but I though it would be Jedward.

alca
3rd June 2012, 18:57
I voted for her! For me it was Rona, Joan or Jedward! But there were quite a few bad outfits this year!

Mozz
3rd June 2012, 19:09
What a result. For me, Rona's dress was not disturbing in any way.

The dresses of Pastora Soler and Maya Sar on the other hand looked ill-chosen, way too traditional.

Yamarus
3rd June 2012, 19:10
http://www.cinetelerevue.be/imf/c/eyJtYXNrIjoiNjE4eDM5NyIsIm0iOjl9/images/actus_teles/iris-eurovision-12-reporters.jpg

I thought Iris would top this!!!??? LOL

doctormalisimo
3rd June 2012, 19:30
Thought Albania or Israel would win this.

CypriotGirl
3rd June 2012, 19:42
For me, one of the worst was the dress of Maya Sar!

Interrail
3rd June 2012, 20:01
I thought Jedward would win Barbara Dex cause of power ranger's costume, Albania would be 2nd and Montenegro 3rd.
Imo, Rona's dress wasn't the worst, but her hair was most bizarre and didn't look good, especially that woolly tail in front.

AdelAdel
3rd June 2012, 20:32
http://www.cinetelerevue.be/imf/c/eyJtYXNrIjoiNjE4eDM5NyIsIm0iOjl9/images/actus_teles/iris-eurovision-12-reporters.jpg

I thought Iris would top this!!!??? LOL

And what exactly is wrong with her dress?

Yamarus
3rd June 2012, 20:38
It made me think of Celine Dion's dress in 1988. That was a horrible dress!

AdelAdel
3rd June 2012, 20:50

Looks pretty normal to me.

Anyway, Rona won, kind of expected this really, although her hair is much worse than her dress.

Mozz
3rd June 2012, 21:05
I thought Jedward would win Barbara Dex cause of power ranger's costume, Albania would be 2nd and Montenegro 3rd.
Imo, Rona's dress wasn't the worst, but her hair was most bizarre and didn't look good, especially that woolly tail in front.

I totally forgot about Montenegro. How can I forget that one?

KeucFan
3rd June 2012, 21:05
Wow, I was totally expecting Bulgaria. :o

Mozz
3rd June 2012, 21:08
And what exactly is wrong with her dress?

The one thing I didn't like about Iris' dress was that you could sort of see everything when there's a light behind her.

And another, less important, thing was that (from a distance) it looked like it came from 'den Aldi' :p

LalehForWD
3rd June 2012, 21:17
Results:

1. Albania Rona Nishliu (829)
2. Ireland Jedward (551)
3. Bulgaria Sofi Marinova (232)
4. The Netherlands Joan Franka (163)
5. Ukraine Gaitana (145)
6. Denmark Soluna Samay (82)

Tbh I thought that Bulgaria or Ireland will win hmm

Buuu, what a boring result xboringxboredxbuttxdown

Rona was beautiful, brave, exciting and just extremly talented.

Adeline
3rd June 2012, 22:00

Celine Dion's dress was awful. An extremely white jacket with those cream white petticoats: the colors clashed with each other and it looked like she just grabbed something out of her closet.

Iris' dress was maybe a bit safe and dull (something I would wear on a normal day), but it's not even comparable to Celine's mismatch.

seb89
3rd June 2012, 22:23
it looked like it came from 'den Aldi' :p

It came from 'den JBC' :p.

Yamarus
3rd June 2012, 22:35
It came from 'den JBC' :p.

:lol:

as78
3rd June 2012, 22:46
I do not understand who voted for these results. Those who envy that they will never be as stylish and beautiful as Rona? She was the best dressed, not worse! Excellent image!

Mozz
3rd June 2012, 22:58
I don't understand either. Somehow, someway Rona's dress seems perfectly suited to the performance, imo (while not being a really beautiful design per se, but that's not important). Either the Albanian team/Rona have made a perfect decision or it was sheer luck to have chosen this one.

AdelAdel
3rd June 2012, 23:22
I don't understand either. Somehow, someway Rona's dress seems perfectly suited to the performance, imo (while not being a really beautiful design per se, but that's not important). Either the Albanian team/Rona have made a perfect decision or it was sheer luck to have chosen this one.

Of course it suited her performance. Since the singing (shouting) was awful, the dress had to match that. And in my opinion she looked like a vampire-witch crossbreed.
I didn't vote in that poll, but I agree with the results.

dezbee2008
3rd June 2012, 23:38
I was hoping MayaSar would win, but I agree with the results.

Margerita86
3rd June 2012, 23:43
My personal Barbara Dex this year was Greece it was a very unpleasant surprise to see what she actually wore. Jedward looked awful as well, but that was more or less expected since Jedward is always a walking wardrobe disaster when they are on stage.

Mozz
4th June 2012, 00:09
Of course it suited her performance. Since the singing (shouting) was awful, the dress had to match that. And in my opinion she looked like a vampire-witch crossbreed.
I didn't vote in that poll, but I agree with the results.

That reaction was very much expected. I think the song is simply not for you, or not for you at your current age.

watersoup
4th June 2012, 01:23
Rona would have deserved it for what she was wearing in the first rehearsal but seeing as they changed it to something a lot better, I would have given it to Bulgaria. With the dress and the lack of dancers, it almost seemed as if there was someone on the team who didn't want Bulgaria to qualify.

ukboy
4th June 2012, 01:38
I voted for Bulgaria, for wearing 'come **** me boots' and in white...not a good luck. tut tut

daniels1000
4th June 2012, 08:40
Undeserved.Rona was weared just in style with music.It wouldn't be special that she wore some classic dress.

::bg Sofi or ::ie Jedward deserved to "win" this.

AdelAdel
4th June 2012, 09:59
That reaction was very much expected. I think the song is simply not for you, or not for you at your current age.

If I intensively dislike something, I want to express my opinion about it, that's what democracy is about. And if you think you're so smart then tell me how old I am :lol:

Adeline
4th June 2012, 10:50
I also don't think the whole image was wrong. Her dress wasn't beautiful, no, but it suited the performance perfectly.

LalehForWD
4th June 2012, 12:15
If I intensively dislike something, I want to express my opinion about it, that's what democracy is about. And if you think you're so smart then tell me how old I am :lol:

No, it's not about democracy at all. It's about social behaviour. ;) Imagine you were invited to a social event, for example a dinner with your colleagues. If you started to search out the worst dressed, the least good looking, the most boring conversators and then commented about it. It's just plain rude and an utterly unfun behaviour. Now imagine someone is brave enough to wear a completely new outfit and act in a new unique way. Half of the crowd are praising her, the other half are silent and cautious. You don't want to be the blunt person who says:
- You are awful and look like a vampire-witch crossbreed!
It's just not a winning personality. xshrug

To be fun, it's the silent and cautious group to reveal and make fun of. :mrgreen:

alca
4th June 2012, 12:46
Celine Dion's dress was awful. An extremely white jacket with those cream white petticoats: the colors clashed with each other and it looked like she just grabbed something out of her closet.

Iris' dress was maybe a bit safe and dull (something I would wear on a normal day), but it's not even comparable to Celine's mismatch.

I think we should have called it the Celine Dion Award! :lol: But nowadays it would sound like something good! xD

Oh and I also agree that Maya's dress was horrible!

LakZaNokte
4th June 2012, 18:52
No, it's not about democracy at all. It's about social behaviour. ;) Imagine you were invited to a social event, for example a dinner with your colleagues. If you started to search out the worst dressed, the least good looking, the most boring conversators and then commented about it. It's just plain rude and an utterly unfun behaviour. Now imagine someone is brave enough to wear a completely new outfit and act in a new unique way. Half of the crowd are praising her, the other half are silent and cautious. You don't want to be the blunt person who says:

To be fun, it's the silent and cautious group to reveal and make fun of. :mrgreen:
that is true for that example and for any daily interactions between people.
however, I think it's a diff story with public figures. did u ever watch Fashion Police?
making fun of celebrity clothes is always interesting xshrug
actors, singers, politicians, Paris Hilton's...why should we hold back with our comments for any1 of them? it's all part of their job :mrgreen:

AdelAdel
4th June 2012, 20:36

You're forgetting the fact that this is The Internet. Forums are made for people who want to express their positive AND critical opinions. Lots of people criticize politicians, artists, etc. There's nothing wrong with that. It's not like I'm talking to Rona directly, because if I was, I would never say that.

Terence
6th June 2012, 11:50
What can I say? Rona stood head and shoulders above the others when it comes to vocals, but also when it comes to fashion disasters. Deserved!

I didn't like Maya's shoulder pads. They spoilt what would've been a perfect dress for that kind of song.