PDA

View Full Version : Soul Aflame!

Knightofalbion
26th May 2012, 17:27
This thread is for inspirational quotations, poems and short stories.

If there is something that has touched your soul, led you to a higher path or given you strength in a time of adversity, then please add it here.

If it has helped you, the chances are it will help others too, and to help each other along is the calling of every soul.

Into the light!

'All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.'

Knightofalbion
26th May 2012, 17:29
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit frpom pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

- William Ernest Henley

Knightofalbion
26th May 2012, 17:33
Is there anyone upon the earth who is glad that you have lived?

Knightofalbion
27th May 2012, 14:49
Message From the Stars:

I stood at eventime. The never-ending plain
All empty looked and void. Yet, as I gazed again
An army bivouacked. Unnumbered points of light
Bespoke a force Supreme - invincible for right

- Henry Morley

Knightofalbion
27th May 2012, 14:50
The Human Family: All people are brothers and sisters, irrespective of colour, race or creed. Therefore, if anyone, anywhere in the world, is suffering or in distress, it concerns you, it concerns me, it concerns us all.

The world is my country.

To do good is my religion.

Knightofalbion
15th November 2012, 19:18
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has

- Margaret Mead

Knightofalbion
16th November 2012, 16:35
You must be the change you want to see in the world

- Mahatma Gandhi

Knightofalbion
16th November 2012, 16:36
Let there be peace on earth - and let it begin with me

- White Eagle

Knightofalbion
16th November 2012, 16:40
It is no non-violence if we merely love those that love us. It is non-violence only when we love those that hate us. I know how difficult it is to follow this grand law of love. But are not all great and good things difficult to do?
Love of the hater is the most difficult of all. But by the grace of God even this most difficult thing becomes easy to accomplish if we want to do it

- Mahatma Gandhi

MyHeartIsYours
17th November 2012, 02:33
"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Knightofalbion
23rd November 2012, 16:43
If we could read the secret history of our enemies we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Knightofalbion
23rd November 2012, 16:56
True happiness comes... from making others happy.

Knightofalbion
1st February 2013, 16:41
World of wonder:
'Every day the sun rises and sets, tides ebb and flow. All these things happen wheter or not we notice them, but when we do take time to notice them, we are filled with wonder.
Even to think that every snowflake is different. Billions and billions of snowflakes that fall, every single one wonderful, looking so much alike and yet no two are the same'
- Sister Stanislaus Kennedy (From 'Gardening the Soul')

Knightofalbion
1st May 2013, 00:02
What A Wonderful World With David Attenborough -- BBC One [FULL HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auSo1MyWf8g)

Despite all the doom and gloom on the news every night, this is a wonderful world, full of many wonderful sights and sounds - and people.

Open your eyes, open your heart - and marvel.

Knightofalbion
1st May 2013, 00:07
Near-Death Experiences: "Many of the patients have spoken of the peace they experienced; beautiful, indescribable peace, no pain, no anxiety. They tell us that all that matters is how much you have loved, how much you have cared and if you know these things then you cannot possibly be afraid of death"
- Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

We are here to help each other along, so show love and kindness wherever and whenever you can...

Knightofalbion
8th July 2013, 19:36
One kind act: The power of kindness and good example...

Kindness (Pay it Forward) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwUSZR2G3cc)

Knightofalbion
8th July 2013, 19:40
7 billion shades of beautiful...

It's in Every One of Us (http://www.personalgrowthcourses.net/video/every_one_of_us)

Knightofalbion
2nd May 2014, 19:53
'I have no desire to move mountains or leave behind in my wake material evidence of my existence. But in the final recollection if the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark'
- Thomas L. Odem Jr

Knightofalbion
9th May 2014, 21:25
This video was originally made for an insurance company in Thailand. It has the most wonderful message ...

"Unsung Hero" (Official HD) : TVC Thai Life Insurance 2014 : (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaWA2GbcnJU)

Knightofalbion
10th May 2014, 17:05
When your 'time' comes and you pass over all those you have loved and who have loved you (who have passed over) will be there to greet you, both the two-legged and the four.

This is beautiful ...
Do Animals Go To Heaven? | NDE Accounts (http://www.ndeaccounts.com/near-death-experiences-stories/do-animals-go-to-heaven/)

A reminder, if one be needed, that animals have souls as we do and are on their own evolutionary path.

Knightofalbion
17th June 2014, 17:04
Having a NDE awakened and changed me in so many ways. It also brought me to full understanding that nobody is here 'by accident', that we each have a purpose, something we came here to do in this lifetime, before we return 'home'.

When I look at the world, it seems that more and more, humans are living out their lives as if their sole purpose is to 'get', rather than concentrating on living their soul purpose ... which is to give

- Jules Lyons

Knightofalbion
9th July 2014, 15:15
This is a truly wonderful and heart-warming video ...

(It's a powerful reminder that one person can make a big difference ...)

He Saved 669 Children During The Holocaust... And He Doesn (http://www.lifebuzz.com/old-scrapbook/#!95QYV)

Knightofalbion
18th September 2014, 19:07
Don't spend your precious time asking "Why isn't the world a better place?" It will only be time wasted. The question to ask is "How can I make it better?" To that there is an answer.
- Leo Buscaglia

Knightofalbion
18th September 2014, 19:09
What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the live we lead
- Nelson Mandela

Knightofalbion
2nd October 2014, 22:54
Sometimes it's easy to lose faith in people. And sometimes one act of kindness is all it takes to give you hope again
- Randa Abdel-Fattah

Knightofalbion
2nd October 2014, 22:56
Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day
- Sally Koch

Knightofalbion
2nd October 2014, 22:57
In the end, only kindness matters
- Jewel Kilcher

Knightofalbion
2nd October 2014, 22:58
Forgiveness sets two souls free.

Knightofalbion
28th October 2014, 22:56
Where mercy, love and pity dwell, there God is dwelling too
- William Blake

revallsay
29th October 2014, 11:51
"I hold the world, but as world [...] as stage, where every men must play a part, and mine a sad one" William Shakespeare, The merchant of Venice I.i. 77-79

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em" William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, II.v.143-145

"Beware, my lord, of jealousy. It is the green-eyed monster, which doth mock the meat it feeds on" William Shakespeare, Othello, III.ii 165-167

Thse are my favourite ones. I hope I didn't misscount the verses :)

Knightofalbion
2nd November 2014, 15:12
I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation.
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
- Elie Wiesel

Knightofalbion
2nd November 2014, 15:13
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest
- Elie Wiesel

Knightofalbion
2nd November 2014, 15:15
I am only one, but I am still one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do
- Edward Everett Hale

Knightofalbion
3rd November 2014, 15:14
When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful
- Malala Yousafzai

Knightofalbion
15th November 2014, 15:29
There is a candle in your heart, waiting to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.
You feel it, don't you?
- Rumi

Knightofalbion
12th December 2014, 18:01
A human being is a part of a whole, called by us the 'Universe' - a part limited in time and space.
He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as somewhat separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us.
Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening the circles of our compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty
- Albert Einstein

Knightofalbion
12th December 2014, 18:03
There are two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

Knightofalbion
12th December 2014, 18:08
Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it
- Confucius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oUFShG9BYA

Knightofalbion
17th December 2014, 19:37
No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, his background or his religion.
People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart
- Nelson Mandela

Knightofalbion
24th December 2014, 00:13
(In the face of evil)

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean, if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty
- Mahatma Gandhi

Knightofalbion
24th December 2014, 00:14
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together
- Desmond Tutu

Knightofalbion
24th December 2014, 00:15
We are each made for goodness, love and compassion. Our lives are transformed as much as the world is when we live with these truths
- Desmond Tutu

Knightofalbion
28th December 2014, 18:59
As love grows in you, beauty grows too. For love is the beauty of the soul
- St Augustine of Hippo

Knightofalbion
28th December 2014, 19:01
Every day is an opportunity for a new life. Every day you stand at the tipping point of your life. And on any one day you can change the future - through the way that you feel
- Rhonda Byrne

Knightofalbion
28th December 2014, 19:02
If you want to know the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration
- Nikola Tesla

[And add love ...]

Knightofalbion
11th January 2015, 22:36
Wisdom begins in wonder
- Socrates

Knightofalbion
11th January 2015, 22:39
I read, and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life.
It never crossed my mind that that person could be me
- Anna Quindlen

Knightofalbion
21st January 2015, 18:21
There is something to that old saying that hate injures the hater, not the hated
- Peace Pilgrim

Knightofalbion
21st January 2015, 18:22
Keep your feet on the ground and your thoughts at lofty heights
- Peace Pilgrim

Knightofalbion
21st January 2015, 18:24
In this world, you are given as you give
And forgiven as you forgive -
While you go your way
Through each lovely day
You create your future as you live
- Peace Pilgrim

Knightofalbion
21st January 2015, 18:25
As I lived up to the highest light I had, higher and higher light came to me
- Peace Pilgrim

Knightofalbion
21st January 2015, 18:27
This is the way of peace: Overcome evil with good, and falsehood with truth, and hatred with love
- Peace Pilgrim

Knightofalbion
6th February 2015, 18:40
I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, He can work through anyone
- St Francis of Assisi

Knightofalbion
6th February 2015, 18:50
Man's Sacred Trust: Not to hurt our humble brethren (animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them wherever they require it
- St Francis of Assisi

Knightofalbion
6th February 2015, 18:52
Since childhood she had walked the Devon rivers with her father looking for flowers and the nests of birds, passing some rocks and trees as old friends, seeing a Spirit everywhere, gentle in thought to all her eyes beheld
- Henry Williamson

Knightofalbion
6th February 2015, 18:53
May my heart be your shelter
- Marianne Williamson

Knightofalbion
6th February 2015, 18:54
The world is like a mirror, when you smile at it, it smiles at you. I love to smile ...
- Peace Pilgrim

Knightofalbion
14th February 2015, 18:49
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively
- Bob Marley

Knightofalbion
12th March 2015, 23:13
The true worth of a man is not to be found in man himself, but in the colours and textures that come alive in others
- Albert Schweitzer

Knightofalbion
12th March 2015, 23:16
The living self has one purpose only; to come into its own fullness of being, as a tree comes into blossom, or a bird into spring beauty ...
- D.H. Lawrence

Knightofalbion
16th March 2015, 15:14
The thinking man must oppose all cruel customs, no matter how deeply rooted in tradition and surrounded by a halo. When we have a choice, we must avoid bringing torment and injury into the life of another, even the lowliest creature; to do so is to renounce our manhood and shoulder a guilt which nothing justifies
- Albert Schweitzer

Knightofalbion
16th March 2015, 15:16
Service:
'Start early to instil in your students awareness that they are on this earth to help and serve others; that is as important to pass on to them as knowledge'
- Albert Schweitzer

Knightofalbion
16th March 2015, 15:19
By hating that person you have lost something very sweet in yourself
- Sri Chinmoy

Knightofalbion
16th March 2015, 15:22
I have no companion but Love, no beginning, no end, no dawn.
The Soul calls from within me, "You, ignorant of the way of Love, set Me free"
- Rumi

Knightofalbion
16th March 2015, 15:22
There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen.
- Rumi

Knightofalbion
16th March 2015, 15:26
If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself; if you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative within yourself.
Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation
- Lao Tzu

Knightofalbion
16th March 2015, 15:29
'I remember your kindness'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_Fl3NQVd4

Be remembered ....

Knightofalbion
25th March 2015, 23:59
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life
- King Solomon

Knightofalbion
26th March 2015, 00:01
Sometimes I want to ask God why He allows poverty, famine and injustice when He could do something about it, but I'm afraid He might ask me the same question
- Unknown

Knightofalbion
5th April 2015, 18:51
We build too many walls and not enough bridges
- Sir Isaac Newton

Knightofalbion
5th April 2015, 18:53
Takes twenty years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.
If you think about that, you'll do things differently.
- Warren Buffett

Knightofalbion
9th April 2015, 21:57
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
- Socrates

Knightofalbion
9th April 2015, 21:57
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.
- Socrates

Knightofalbion
9th April 2015, 21:58
To find yourself, think for yourself
- Socrates

Knightofalbion
9th April 2015, 22:02
Esteemed friend, citizen of Athens, the greatest city in the world, so outstanding in both intelligence and power, aren't you ashamed to care so much to make all the money you can, and to advance your reputation and prestige - while for truth and wisdom, and the improvement of your soul, you have no care or worry?
- Socrates

Knightofalbion
9th April 2015, 22:03
When you want wisdom and insight as badly as you want to breathe, it is then you shall have it
- Socrates

Knightofalbion
9th April 2015, 22:04
The highest realms of thought are impossible to reach without first attaining an understanding of compassion
- Socrates

Knightofalbion
9th April 2015, 22:06
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him
- Socrates

Knightofalbion
9th April 2015, 22:07
Let him that would move the world, first move himself
- Socrates

GRE
10th April 2015, 11:05
Knightofalbion,
have you studied greek philosophy?

EscGeek
14th April 2015, 20:10
A non-eurovision song is just a song
-EscGeek

8-)

Knightofalbion
21st April 2015, 18:03
Legacy of love:
"The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind"
- Albert Schweitzer

Knightofalbion
21st April 2015, 18:06
Man can no longer live for himself alone. We must realise that all life is valuable and that we are united to all life. From this knowledge comes our spiritual relationship with the universe
- Albert Schweitzer

Knightofalbion
21st April 2015, 18:12
We must fight against the spirit of unconscious cruelty with which we treat the animals. Animals suffer as much as we do. True humanity does not allow us to impose such sufferings on them. It is our duty to make the whole world recognise it.
Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace
- Albert Schweitzer

Knightofalbion
30th April 2015, 01:01
A man's true wealth is the good he does in the world
- Kahlil Gibran

Knightofalbion
30th April 2015, 01:03
The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best
- Epictetus

Knightofalbion
30th April 2015, 01:04
'There is no greater bar to spiritual progress than hardness of heart'

Knightofalbion
1st May 2015, 01:21
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection
- Gautama Buddha

Knightofalbion
1st May 2015, 01:22
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everybody else.
- Margaret Mead

Knightofalbion
10th May 2015, 23:03
There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up
- John Holmes

Knightofalbion
10th May 2015, 23:05
Believe with all your heart that how you live your life makes a difference
- Colin Beavan

(Because it does ...)

Knightofalbion
17th May 2015, 22:47
The purpose of life is a life of purpose
- Robert Byrne

Knightofalbion
17th May 2015, 22:48
Always look for the good things in life. The world is wonderful, it's full of beauty and miracles.
- Alice Herz-Sommer (Holocaust survivor)

Knightofalbion
17th May 2015, 22:51
Never, never hate.
I don't hate the Germans, they are wonderful people, no worse than others.
Evil has always existed and always will, it is part of our life.
I never hate. I will never hate. Hatred brings only hatred.
- Alice Herz-Sommer (Holocaust survivor)

Knightofalbion
17th May 2015, 22:52
To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved
- George MacDonald

LonelyBrokenHero
18th May 2015, 18:39
We begin to live authentically only where philosophy ends, at its wreck, when we have understood its terrible nullity, when we have understood that it was futile to resort to it, that it is no help. - Emil Cioran, The Short History Of Decay

Knightofalbion
18th May 2015, 22:21
And if thy heart be straight with God, then every creature shall be to thee a mirror of life and a book of holy doctrine, for there is no creature so little or so vile, but that sheweth and representeth the goodness of God
- Thomas a Kempis

Knightofalbion
19th May 2015, 21:19
Anything looked at closely becomes wonderful
- A.R. Ammons

Knightofalbion
22nd May 2015, 15:38
The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper ....
- Eden Phillpotts

Knightofalbion
23rd May 2015, 19:23
I have learned to use the word 'impossible' with the greatest caution
- Werner von Braun

Knightofalbion
28th May 2015, 18:16
My strength is as the strength of ten, because my heart is pure
- Alfred Lord Tennyson

Knightofalbion
18th June 2015, 18:05
Only when we are old do we realise the beauty of life
- Alice Herz-Sommer

Knightofalbion
18th June 2015, 18:07
The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in
- Morrie Schwartz

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:06
Next to love, sympathy is the divinest passion of the human heart
- Edmund Burke

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:07
To be in one's own heart in kindly sympathy with all things, this is the nature of righteousness
- Confucius

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:09
Listen, my friend. He who loves understands
- Kabir

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:10
God is in thy heart, yet thou searchest for Him in the wilderness
- Arjun

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:10
We all need each other
- Leo Buscaglia

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:11
Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness
- Seneca

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:13
If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path
- Gautama Buddha

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:14
'To help each other along, that's why we're all here'

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:15
Forgive, forget. Bear with the faults of others as you would have them bear with yours
- Phillips Brooks

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:19
You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and a finer spirit of hope and achievement.
You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand
- Woodrow Wilson

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:21
There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed.
- Woodrow Wilson

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:23
Flowers:

Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
- Luther Burbank

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:26
Smiles:

What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure, but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable
- Joseph Addison

Knightofalbion
7th August 2015, 18:28
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. No good deed is ever lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship and he who plants kindness gathers love
- St Basil

Knightofalbion
21st August 2015, 22:08
The heart that loves is always young
- Greek proverb

Knightofalbion
21st August 2015, 22:09
I beg you, take courage; the brave soul can mend even disaster
- Catherine the Great

Knightofalbion
21st August 2015, 22:10
A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence
- Jim Watkins

Knightofalbion
12th November 2015, 19:04
The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own
- Benjamin Disraeli

Knightofalbion
12th November 2015, 19:05
Let us see what love can do
- William Penn

Knightofalbion
12th November 2015, 19:06
Our patience will achieve more than our force
- Edmund Burke

Knightofalbion
12th November 2015, 19:07
Come to the edge
'We might fall'
Come to the edge
'It's too high'
Come to the edge!
And they came
And he pushed
And they flew
- Christopher Logue

Knightofalbion
12th November 2015, 19:09
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
- J.R.R. Tolkein

Knightofalbion
12th November 2015, 19:10
Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise
- Sigmund Freud

Knightofalbion
12th November 2015, 19:12
'Looking back I am grateful for every experience, ​especially the pain and the sorrow, for from them I learnt compassion, empathy and understanding'

Knightofalbion
12th November 2015, 19:14
The things that make me different are the things that make me
- A.A. Milne

Knightofalbion
12th November 2015, 19:15
Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul
- St Augustine

Knightofalbion
27th November 2015, 15:05
If you planted hope today in a heart that felt alone,
If you caused a laugh that chased some tears away,
If someone's burden was made lighter because of your kindness,
Then your day was well spent
- Anonymous

Knightofalbion
27th November 2015, 15:06
Life is God's gift to us. What we do with it is our gift to God.
- A.R. Bernard

Knightofalbion
17th December 2015, 22:11
Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm
- Abraham Lincoln

Knightofalbion
17th December 2015, 22:12
You can change your life by changing your heart
- Max Lucado

Knightofalbion
17th December 2015, 22:13
The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do
- Steve Jobs

DaFlo
23rd December 2015, 17:34
All the great ones Jetski

- DJ 'Icon' Khaled

Knightofalbion
28th December 2015, 23:07
I have found that if you love life, life will love you back
- Arthur Rubenstein

Knightofalbion
28th December 2015, 23:08
Try to be a rainbow in someone's life
- Maya Angelou

Knightofalbion
28th December 2015, 23:09
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are
- Joseph Campbell

Knightofalbion
16th January 2016, 18:25
Believers, look up - take courage. The angels are nearer than you think
- Billy Graham

Knightofalbion
16th January 2016, 18:26
Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you; love, prayer and forgiveness
- H. Jackson Browne Jr

Knightofalbion
16th January 2016, 18:28
The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world
- Marianne Williamson

Knightofalbion
16th January 2016, 18:29
We are not held back by the love we didn't receive in the past, but by the love we're not extending in the present
- Marianne Williamson

Knightofalbion
16th January 2016, 18:29
My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me
- Henry Ford

Knightofalbion
16th January 2016, 18:31
The sadness which reigned everywhere was but an excuse for unfailing kindness
- Victor Hugo

Knightofalbion
16th January 2016, 18:32
Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think
- Benjamin Disraeli

Knightofalbion
16th January 2016, 18:32
To believe in the heroic makes heroes
- Benjamin Disraeli

Knightofalbion
16th January 2016, 18:34
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours, and let every new year find you a better man
- Benjamin Franklin

Knightofalbion
30th January 2016, 15:27
No matter what people tell you, your words and ideas can change the world
- Robin Williams

Knightofalbion
19th February 2016, 23:24
Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark
- Rabindranath Tagore

Knightofalbion
19th February 2016, 23:25
The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough
- Rabindranath Tagore

Knightofalbion
19th February 2016, 23:27
Death is not extinguishing the light, it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come
- Rabindranath Tagore

Knightofalbion
19th February 2016, 23:27
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do
- Voltaire

Knightofalbion
19th February 2016, 23:28
He that flings dirt at another dirties himself most
- Thomas Fuller

Knightofalbion
19th February 2016, 23:29
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you
- John Bunyan

Knightofalbion
19th February 2016, 23:32
I understood at a very early age that in nature I felt everything I should feel in church but never did.
Walking in the woods, I felt in touch with the universe and with the spirit of the universe
- Alice Walker

Knightofalbion
19th February 2016, 23:33
Anybody can observe the Sabbath, but making it holy surely takes the rest of the week
- Alice Walker

Knightofalbion
2nd April 2016, 00:12
Do not judge by appearances. A rich heart may be under a poor coat
- Scottish proverb

Knightofalbion
2nd April 2016, 00:13
Second chances are rare. Use your first wisely
- Unknown

Knightofalbion
2nd April 2016, 00:15
Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness
- Dr Martin Luther King Jr

Knightofalbion
2nd April 2016, 00:18
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially when the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way
- Dr Martin Luther King Jr

Knightofalbion
2nd April 2016, 00:19
Peace, like charity, begins at home
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Knightofalbion
2nd April 2016, 00:22
There are more quarrels smothered by just shutting your mouth, and holding it shut, than by all the wisdom in the world
- Henry Ward Beecher

Knightofalbion
2nd April 2016, 00:23
When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves
- William Arthur Ward

Knightofalbion
2nd April 2016, 00:25
When you forgive, you love. And when you love, God's light shines upon you
- Jon Krakauer

Knightofalbion
2nd April 2016, 00:27
As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew that if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison
- Nelson Mandela

Knightofalbion
14th May 2016, 23:24
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science
- Albert Einstein

Knightofalbion
14th May 2016, 23:24
Why try to explain miracles to your kids when you cam just have them plant a garden
- Robert Brault

Knightofalbion
14th May 2016, 23:26
Life is not about discovering our talents; it is about pushing our talents to the limits and discovering our genius
- Robert Brault

Knightofalbion
14th May 2016, 23:27
Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be
- Robert Brault

Knightofalbion
14th May 2016, 23:29
Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true
- Robert Brault

lavieenrose
1st March 2017, 06:46
I know it's kind of a cliché one but I love it:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/61/8c/03/618c0347d4024b27323e275e4040b5bf.jpg

lavieenrose
7th December 2018, 07:53
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."
- Maya Angelou

lavieenrose
7th December 2018, 08:01
Oh here's another one:

"You should've just sat there and ate your food. Because you need to shut the $&%^ up."
-Tiffany "New York" Pollard