PDA

View Full Version : TURKEY 2013 - not taking part

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

escYOUnited
27th April 2012, 05:16
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/graphics/flags/large/tu-lgflag.gif

Metafeller
27th April 2012, 10:37
Turkey has so much good, successful singers but none of them wants to join Eurovision.
Anyway, I hope this year our song will be Turkish. At least would be Turkish and English together mix.

Haustor
27th April 2012, 10:39
I hope to see Sila represent Turkey in 2013.

Narmina
27th April 2012, 18:30
Atiye?

amateur
27th April 2012, 20:09
Wishlist:

- A national final.

- A female artist.

- A song in Turkish language.

- A pop song.

Charly
27th April 2012, 21:01
Aynur Aydin, Yes Sir!

GodSaveTheQueen
27th April 2012, 21:28
Gökçe or MODEL =)

CANyouLoveMeBack
29th April 2012, 11:33
Atiye please.

escandesc
29th April 2012, 23:02
Wishlist:

- A national final.

- A female artist.

- A song in Turkish language.

- A pop song.

good combination :)

r3gg13
30th April 2012, 07:33
If Aynur Aydin goes next year with a song like DNA, I would vote for it, (I could actually vote next year :D)

Jukica
30th April 2012, 11:42
Atiye or Hande Yener or Aynur Aydin :D

Sabiondo
2nd May 2012, 05:46
Hadise-Hadise-Hadise back...¡¡¡¡ XD

Grinch
11th May 2012, 19:47
We'll most probably send a pop singer next year. Hope it'll be Aynur Aydın at least, not Atiye/Hande Yener or someone like them :/

CANyouLoveMeBack
12th May 2012, 10:50
Aynur Aydın with a swedish team. And maybe with a half swedish-turkish song with english chorus :D it would be greaaat !

GodSaveTheQueen
12th May 2012, 20:25
Aynur Aydın with a swedish team. And maybe with a half swedish-turkish song with english chorus :D it would be greaaat !

aynur aydın ? very bad :/

katastofe
15th May 2012, 21:01
I'm tired to say Hande Yener every year, TRT better choose: Aynur, Gülçin or Atiye next year!

CANyouLoveMeBack
15th May 2012, 21:25
Hande Yener will never be representing Turkey. Since she wanted to represent TRT didn't offer to her but this year she even prepared a song ''Love Contest'' with Sinan Akcıl (Dum Tek Tek's composer) and offered the song to TRT but TRT sent Can Bonomo to Eurovision. And Hande Yener explained that even TRT offers to her after this she would never go to Eurovision.

Asiye
15th May 2012, 22:05
Gülçin Ergül is good.

Btw, TRT opened an page for Eurovision in facebook some months ago so i want to point out that we can pressure on them more easily as Eurovision fans :D I'm not sure they will care though :)

Melodi
15th May 2012, 22:47
Gülçin Ergül would be great. Her voice is amazing and she can dance very well. If TRT really wants to support talented, less popular singers, she is great choice. But i'm sure TRT will do what they want and give us a surprise again.

CANyouLoveMeBack
16th May 2012, 00:01
^^ Surely Gülçin is Lady GaGa of Turkey

Ewigkeit
16th May 2012, 17:38
I wouldn't be so sure :)

Asiye
16th May 2012, 18:32

I don't think so :?

GodSaveTheQueen
17th May 2012, 20:15

lol xD

CANyouLoveMeBack
27th May 2012, 12:58
Sweden won last night ! So maybe it's time for AYNUR AYDIN who is actually from Sweden (like Helena Paparizou) ... After her performance speaking in swedish would be great :D

Ewigkeit
27th May 2012, 15:11
Aynur is not Swedish. She was born in Germany and she is Turkish, she's just working with Swedish composers and songwriters.

Yamarus
27th May 2012, 23:55
Okay, Turkey.

You send:

- A WOMAN
- A WOMAN
- A WOMAN

I'm fed up with these male artists from a country that has so many pop icons that Europe would absolutely LOVE.

GodSaveTheQueen
28th May 2012, 02:13
I hope we will send a woman singer. Aynur Aydın's songs are good but we have better. Maybe Turkish 'The Voice' contender Bihter Erkmen will join. Maybe Gökçe or MODEL band. But my biggest dream is Sertab Erener =)

Matt
28th May 2012, 05:11
What are the odds for Turkey holding a NF in 2013???

NikkiBoy
28th May 2012, 10:44
Aynur Aydin? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioj9JHVLCV0

Metafeller
28th May 2012, 22:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQaRwZetSA

What would you think about Melis Danişmend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXDnH0mxe6c

Or Yasemin Mori?

GodSaveTheQueen
28th May 2012, 23:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQaRwZetSA

What would you think about Melis Danişmend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXDnH0mxe6c

Or Yasemin Mori?

their songs are perfect but you know euro loves pop =)

Metafeller
28th May 2012, 23:32
their songs are perfect but you know euro loves pop =)

But we have no more singers for national final :lol:

DoctorX
29th May 2012, 02:15
I've been hoping for a National Final for years. The good thing is, a few years ago everybody was ok with internal selection after sending some big stars like Kenan Doğulu, Hadise. But after people realized their voice isnt heard by TRT, they turned into be supporting the NF idea. Yet, there're people are afraid of another disaster like the one in 2005 which didnt have televoting at all although people keep saying that majority of Turkish people dont have taste to send a good song. They are all in past. TRT has proved they can be quite good at live programmes and organizations with so many examples. All we need is a well-thought and precisely organized national final.
Actually after the decision of Can Bonomo my hopes were reborn. Cuz it has been less than 1 year since his debut album besides he doesnt have a really old backround, yet TRT dared to send someone like him. So why not taking risk on sending somebody else new or giving a chance to show anyone who wants to try with a National Final. With the example of Yüksek Sadakat, it was proven that experience doesnt mean everything as well as how popular you're in your home country. The song matters, creativity and originality does. So why not? Lets see how it's gonna end up

runaway
30th May 2012, 22:48
I would love to see Şebnem Ferah or Işın Karaca for Turkey. I am fed up with male singers and especially unknown ones!

Grinch
31st May 2012, 00:24
Işın Karaca

Turkish Kaliopi :D

EscTurkey
1st June 2012, 21:11
I'm from Turkey and I think we shouldn't have a national final.
Honestly, I don't trust the Turkish public's taste in music.
Not many people like the genre Aynur Aydın sings.
We might end up sending sth like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZC0EtL-NAc

And there's another reason.
After the NF many people will be debating: We should have sent this song, we could have won with that song.
Turkish people can find a reason to hate sth very easily. :D They won't support our singer just because their fave didn't win.

runaway
1st June 2012, 21:59

After the NF many people will be debating: We should have sent this song, we could have won with that song.
Turkish people can find a reason to hate sth very easily. :D They won't support our singer just because their fave didn't win.

Actually public's taste has always been better than TRT's. Public chose For real in 2004. They supported Sertab, Athena, Kenan Dogulu, Manga and Hadise and they all ended up in top5. Problem in Turkey is TRT, not the Turkish people.

Melodi
1st June 2012, 22:20
Actually public's taste has always been better than TRT's. Public chose For real in 2004. They supported Sertab, Athena, Kenan Dogulu, Manga and Hadise and they all ended up in top5. Problem in Turkey is TRT, not the Turkish people.

I don't think TRT is that bad. They chose these singers, not Turkish people. TRT only made a mistake in 2010 but the rest of the choices are good.

GRE
1st June 2012, 22:35
Tarkan for Turkey.

Metafeller
1st June 2012, 22:51

This totally is what I think since I heard national final news. TRT is good at this, just failed in 2011. I give it to some 'economic' reasons.
We should NOT have a national final!

runaway
1st June 2012, 23:27
I don't think TRT is that bad. They chose these singers, not Turkish people. TRT only made a mistake in 2010 but the rest of the choices are good.

Can Bonomo choice was bad too. He was totally unknown in Turkey. If TRT makes an internal selection, a popular singer should be sent. Can Bonomo is no different to me than Gulseren. The points they received are similar too.:D

Melodi
2nd June 2012, 00:21
Can Bonomo choice was bad too. He was totally unknown in Turkey. If TRT makes an internal selection, a popular singer should be sent. Can Bonomo is no different to me than Gulseren. The points they received are similar too.:D

But it's good to give young artists a chance like the other countries. Being popular in your own country is not important at Eurovision. He was unknown before the contest but now he's well-known in Turkey.

Btw, i made a mistake. Of course i mean 2011, not 2010. :)

runaway
2nd June 2012, 15:32
But it's good to give young artists a chance like the other countries. Being popular in your own country is not important at Eurovision. He was unknown before the contest but now he's well-known in Turkey.

Btw, i made a mistake. Of course i mean 2011, not 2010. :)

If TRT wants to give a chance to young artists, it should organize a national final. Can Bonomo is not a name to choose from internal selection. If there was a national final between Elvan Gunaydın, Can Bonomo and Model and he was as the winner by the Turkish public, I wouldn't object. But seeing him coming from internal selection makes me sick. Second year in a row TRT fooled us.

DoctorX
2nd June 2012, 16:24
^Exactly. That 'suggestions with mail' stuff is such a lie. Two years in a row they've sent 2 names who have no possibility to be supported by the majority of public according to that mail campaign. Nobody trust that 'public involved' selection system anymore and people started stating they want old National Final systems back. People just should stop repeating 2005 examply. Nothing is gonna be like 2005. Even if it happens 2005 isnt our worst result in recent years just check out last year. National final 'with televoting' unless the one in 2005 is always a win win selection method. Someone said people will keep complaining when their favorite doesnt win. But cmon you cant make every single person happy but the majority. Even this year there were people were disappointed with Euphoria's win in Melodifestivalen and didnt support her but what happened at the end. There's no country in Europe supports its entry all the way of course there's always someone thinks different. At this point taste matters. But still a public televoting works better than 5-10 people to measure the majority's favorite.

theCONWEL
3rd June 2012, 01:33
Hande yener!

runaway
5th June 2012, 22:58
wow just listened to Aynur Aydın for the first time. She should represent Türkiye!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji-87v5fsa8

Asiye
7th June 2012, 15:30
Aynur Aydın could be a good choice but i have some doubts. First, she works with Swedish musicians, producers. Eurovision is too Swedish already. Not only Sweden's songs, also other countries' songs are written by Swedish musicians. I don't want a song similar with "Euphoria" I want to see an original work. This is my point. I agree Aynur Aydın is very suitable for this contest. Her style is so European but i've explained my doubts already. I'm for a NF but not for a NF like the one in 2005. If we have a NF accidently, i want Aynur Aydın to participate in that with other young, good artists definitely :)

Grinch
7th June 2012, 22:17
^^ I like Aynur but you're right.

Can Hande Yener sing live? Has anyone been in any of her concerts?

EscTurkey
9th June 2012, 13:54
What about this??

She's half British.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX80fQy56yw

AhmetSen
10th June 2012, 23:00
I hope that Turkey will send Sebnem Ferah or Hande Yener...

anto475
17th June 2012, 20:01
Tarkan for Turkey.

I was creeping through this thread looking for this post, no doubt Tarkan rumours will be many and omnipresent until TRT make a statement stating the otherwise.

escandesc
18th June 2012, 22:09
Tarkan is outdated. we need someone fresh. anyway, I'm longing for a ballad this year and someone with a strong voice to sing it.

Emreign
23rd June 2012, 12:53
We listened many ballad this year, there is nothing with ballad song.Something must be special and different ! unique !

amateur
28th June 2012, 10:05
Tarkan is outdated. we need someone fresh. anyway, I'm longing for a ballad this year and someone with a strong voice to sing it.

It's Göksel, then. :p

Sabiondo
28th June 2012, 14:14
Here are a possibility to see Hadise again..? :)

tuorem
28th June 2012, 17:34
We listened many ballad this year, there is nothing with ballad song.Something must be special and different ! unique !

What's unique in terms of music type?

Archer
7th July 2012, 19:29
Female vocalist this time! Model has boomed this year, I guess TRT will choose 'em.

NikkiBoy
10th July 2012, 16:36
DUM TEK TEK! <3 I will never forget.

Archer
10th July 2012, 16:50
DUM TEK TEK! <3 I will never forget.

Absolutely. How could we forget such a disgrace. :D

TheLuflee
10th July 2012, 16:56
It's Göksel, then. :p

Yes, please! xcheer xcheer Her voice is kinda unique. :)

tuorem
10th July 2012, 22:32
Absolutely. How could we forget such a disgrace. :D

:lol:

CANyouLoveMeBack
14th July 2012, 22:06
1980 Turkey's representive Ajda Pekkan wants Hande Yener to represent Turkey.... Since 2006 Hande always wants to go but there was no offer from TRT :(

Süperstar’dan Hande Yener’e destek (http://eurovisiontime.com/index/superstardan-hande-yenere-destek/)

Archer
14th July 2012, 22:46
1980 Turkey's representive Ajda Pekkan wants Hande Yener to represent Turkey.... Since 2006 Hande always wants to go but there was no offer from TRT :(

Süperstar’dan Hande Yener’e destek (http://eurovisiontime.com/index/superstardan-hande-yenere-destek/)

Apparently Ajda has become senile

Archer
15th July 2012, 21:03
Pentagram has released a new album, which means, they are still active. Let's show them some heavy metal! :D

r3gg13
16th July 2012, 00:00
Aynur Aydin for the win :D

Archer
16th July 2012, 00:22
Aynur Aydin for the win :D

I personally don't want Turkey to send an expatriate anymore, cause it seems like we're sending ordered singers who actually owe their success to the country they were trained, just like Jon Lilygreen. :lol:

Archer
19th July 2012, 04:58
Btw we need to organize a NF this year, finally! why aren't we making a public opinion ? where are OGAES or other Eurovision fan groups ?

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 04:36
I need a female from Turkey in 2013... otherwise I'm starting to believe that the rumor about islamized TRT (which wouldn't be far from the truth considering the current regime) is actually true.

Female and booty shaking in 2013 thank you! 8-)

Matt
22nd July 2012, 07:13
I need a female from Turkey in 2013... otherwise I'm starting to believe that the rumor about islamized TRT (which wouldn't be far from the truth considering the current regime) is actually true.

Female and booty shaking in 2013 thank you! 8-)

No more Hadise crap, no way.........

sannerz
22nd July 2012, 07:45
No more Hadise crap, no way.........

Yes! MORE HADISE STUFF! xcheer

But I wanna see Aynur Aydin represent Turkey!
She won FSC not too long ago. :D

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 14:05
^
Eh.. then I'd pick a male instead.

Archer
22nd July 2012, 16:33
otherwise I'm starting to believe that the rumor about islamized TRT (which wouldn't be far from the truth considering the current regime) is actually true.

Sorry, but I'm personally sickened with those paranoia stuff you come up with everytime and your efforts to distract the topic. I'll report both this post for this and the other one for obviously insulting a specific religion.

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 16:37
Sorry, but I'm personally sickened with those paranoia stuff you come up with everytime and your efforts to distract the topic. I'll report both this post for this and the other one for obviously insulting a specific religion.

I couldn't care less, report whatever you want. And what a classic now with the "insult" card being drawn to shut people up who say anything critical... yup, I applaud your liking for free speech... not! Point out where in my post I "obviously insulting a specific religion"? The paranoia is in your head my friend...

I see you're a new member, but this discussion is old and has been brought up previously in here and NOT by me in the first place, as a matter of fact Turkish members started this long ago, so it's not a new thing... just to inform you facts.

Archer
22nd July 2012, 16:46
I couldn't care less, report whatever you want. And what a classic now with the "insult" card being drawn to shut people up who say anything critical... yup, I applaud your liking for free speech... not!

I see you're a new member, but this discussion is old and has been brought up previously in here and NOT by me in the first place, as a matter of fact Turkish members started this long ago, so it's not a new thing... just to inform you facts.

Don't worry, I have knowledge about that and apparently your aim is to exacerbate an off-topic issue that was talked about months, months ago and caused some members to be banned from the forum.

As for free speech, sorry but I'll not tolerate any trolling efforts in a thread where people talk about music, singers etc.

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 16:51
Don't worry, I have knowledge about that and apparently your aim is to exacerbate an off-topic issue that was talked about months, months ago and caused some members to be banned from the forum.

As for free speech, sorry but I'll not tolerate any trolling efforts in a thread where people talk about music, singers etc.

I talked about choosing a female act... I noticed you didn't even get the sarcastic tone in the end... but yeah, the "insult card" needed to be drawn of course *yawn*. What else laws you want to impose on this forum while we're at it? For your knowledge I wasn't even off-topic as I talked about how come a female hasn't been chosen for some years now... and yeah it was meant to be a bit sarcastic ... but I know the "insulted" type so your reaction comes natural I guess :?

.. and while you might think you own this forum for whatever unknown reason, you're not the one deciding what's tolerable or not.

Archer
22nd July 2012, 16:56
I talked about choosing a female act... I noticed you didn't even get the sarcastic tone in the end... but yeah, the "insult card" needed to be drawn *yawn*. What else laws you want to impose on this forum?

.. and while you might think you own this forum for whatever unknown reason, you're not the one deciding what's tolerable or not.

What I meant with no tolerance is I'll do anything I can do to prevent such provacation/trolling posts here. Sarcastic or not, we've got a section where you can talk about such issues as much as you want. It annoys me when I see people talking about such things in this thread. And I think it's my right to specify my complaints about it.

And I have knowledge about the rules in this forum, don't worry. I experienced it, so, I know that what that member wrote above is a reason of punishment, if there is a fairness here.

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 17:06
What I meant with no tolerance is I'll do anything I can do to prevent such provacation/trolling posts here. Sarcastic or not, we've got a section where you can talk about such issues as much as you want. It annoys me when I see people talking about such things in this thread. And I think it's my right to specify my complaints about it.

And I wonder how much you could be an advocator of '' free speech '' when it comes to your values.

Had this been about let's say Israel not sending a female artist because of religious pressure, you probably would have not even cared... but now you just had to throw the "insult card" in our faces.

My comment wasn't off-topic... surely it was a bit sarcastic as it drew parallels to former discussions in here.. but that was it. For you being "insulted".. well I know your type, enough said.

This topic is also about choosing acts and things concerning that, whether you like it or not!

And for your info : tolerance doesn't mean to be non-critical...

So again, if you can't provide any further proof of me being ACTUALLY off-topic then we could just drop this... and the insult card... not cute, not at all..

Shall we go back to discussion or you want to drag this any further?

Archer
22nd July 2012, 17:14
Had this been about let's say Israel not sending a female artist because of religious pressure, you probably would have not even cared... but now you just had to throw the "insult card" in our faces.

My comment wasn't off-topic... surely it was a bit sarcastic as it drew parallels to former discussions in here.. but that was it. For you being "insulted".. well I know your type, enough said.

This topic is also about choosing acts and things concerning that, whether you like it or not!

And for your info : tolerance doesn't mean to be non-critical...

So again, if you can't provide any further proof of me being ACTUALLY off-topic then we could just drop this... and the insult card... not cute, not at all..

Shall we go back to discussion or you want to drag this any further?

And I'm sure you would not have cared about free speech if it was your values being insulted. Yes, this is a thread about singers and I want it to be kept that way, not about '' islamization bla bla ''

It's nothing but obviously an act of provacation when you unnecessarily mention an off-topic issue that led to a chaos and banning of some members here.

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 17:22
And I'm sure you would not have cared about free speech if it was your values being insulted. Yes, this is thread about singers and I want it to be kept that way, not about '' islamization bla bla ''

It's nothing but obviously an act of provacation when you unnecessarily mention an off-topic issue that led to a chaos and banning of some members here.

I'm not off-topic... so that proves my point then that you want to ban certain form of criticism. So in your opinion one should not be allowed to wonder about what the current state might influence TRT's choice of artist for ESC.. which my friend is very much ON topic.

This topic is NOT just about talking about artists and songs, it's also about the selection processes and whatever going on there.

I have no problem what so ever with people disagreeing with me, I don't want impose certain laws on this forum...

Archer
22nd July 2012, 17:27
I'm not off-topic... so that proves my point then that you want to ban certain form of criticism. So in your opinion one should not be allowed to wonder about what the current state might influence TRT's choice of artist for ESC.. which my friend is very much ON topic.

This topic is NOT just about talking about artists and songs, it's also about the selection processes and whatever going on there.

I have no problem what so ever with people disagreeing with me, I don't want impose certain laws on this forum...

I should note that it was the same TRT, under the same government that chose Erener, Gulseren and Sibel (two times in a row) and Hadise. Not to mention that there were female dancers with Kenan Dogulu, a female figure along with MaNga and Yuksek Sadakat. So, it proves that your claim is totally baseless.

I don't want to impose anything, I just shared my concern about a member talking like '' f*** that, f*** this '' and insulting a religion a lot of people follow here. I thought there was something like '' inappropriate language '' on this forum.

Now please, let's put an end to this nonsense.

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 17:33
I should note that it was the same TRT, under the same government that chose Erener, Gulseren and Sibel (two times in a row) and Hadise. Not to mention that there were female dancers with Kenan Dogulu, a female figure along with MaNga and Yuksek Sadakat. So, it proves that your claim is totally baseless.

Now please, let's put an end to this nonsense.

Both you and me knows that things doesn't change over day...

Anyways, I didn't even want to make a big discussion out of this, seriously some people should relax a bit, it wasn't even meant to be totally serious... the whole last sentence if anything would have proved that.

We'll see next year, I still want a female... not because of that but because it was so long ago. My favorite Turkish entries happens to be female acts so :)

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 17:35
I don't want to impose anything, I just shared my concern about a member talking like '' f*** that, f*** this '' and insulting a religion a lot of people follow here. I thought there was something like '' inappropriate language '' on this forum.

Yeah, but that wasn't my comment though so I think you falsely accused me then. I totally get if your reaction was directed to THAT comment.

Archer
22nd July 2012, 17:42
Yeah, but that wasn't my comment though so I think you falsely accused me then. I totally get if your reaction was directed to THAT comment.

Yes, that comment helped me to get more more furious but still, it doesn't change the fact that what you wrote was wrong. You should have been more reasonable and remembered what the previous discussion on that issue led to.

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 17:44
Yes, that comment helped me to get more more furious but still, it doesn't change the fact that what you wrote was wrong. You should have been more reasonable and remembered what the previous discussion on that issue led to.

Reasonable you mean as not being critical? I disagree, sorry but I won't change my opinion. I respect you disagreeing though, but it scares me a bit you want to impose bannings of such comments..

Archer
22nd July 2012, 17:46
Reasonable you mean as not being critical? I disagree, sorry but I won't change my opinion. I respect you disagreeing though, but it scares me a bit you want to impose bannings of such comments..

Critical of what ? you can criticize the government of Turkey in the political section as much as you want. That's what I meant with being reasonable, this is not the issue here.

sannerz
22nd July 2012, 17:58
When TRT chooses Aynur or Hande next year and has them put on some sexy modern pop performance, you'll see how "islamicized" TRT is. :p

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 18:03
When TRT chooses Aynur or Hande next year and has them put on some sexy modern pop performance, you'll see how "islamicized" TRT is. :p

Exactly, that's what I want as proof for those rumors to be false... :lol:

I mean didn't people get my joke in the first place??

sannerz
22nd July 2012, 18:14
I thought you were joking. :p

Cause it wouldn't make sense for an Islamic TRT to send a Jewish Turk to sing for them in 2012. :lol:

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 18:21
I thought you were joking. :p

Cause it wouldn't make sense for an Islamic TRT to send a Jewish Turk to sing for them in 2012. :lol:

Exactly ;)

CANyouLoveMeBack
22nd July 2012, 19:19
^^ You don't live in Turkey so you don't know what does it mean :) TRT censoured this scene last year :

Tosun Pa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGfMQ3XUxgk&feature=fvst)

it's an old turkish movie from 70s. And this is the funnies scene in the movie...

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 19:30
^
So there is truth to the claims then you mean?

Grinch
23rd July 2012, 23:51

Yeah because that is what Eurovision needs, more sexy modern pop performances :p

A-lister
24th July 2012, 00:28
Yeah because that is what Eurovision needs, more sexy modern pop performances :p

Sexy is always good in my book :D

CANyouLoveMeBack
24th July 2012, 14:02
There are also islamic pornstars, so it's not impossible for an islamic TV channel to send a porn-singer who wears Turban lol :D

AdelAdel
24th July 2012, 15:01
There are also islamic pornstars

Doesn't this contradict itself? :o :lol:

A-lister
24th July 2012, 15:37
Doesn't this contradict itself? :o :lol:

:lol:

Archer
24th July 2012, 15:39
who wears Turban lol :D

Another common mistake among the Turkish people is that they think that the term Turban amounts to the same thing in English as in Turkish.

Turban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turban)
Hijab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab)

A-lister
24th July 2012, 15:46
Another common mistake among the Turkish people is that they think that the term Turban amounts to the same thing in English as in Turkish.

Turban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turban)
Hijab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab)

I thought this was a discussion about songs and artists? ;)

Archer
24th July 2012, 15:59
I thought this was a discussion about songs and artists? ;)

The topic's already been screwed up with paranoid nonsenses, so, at least I wanted to correct a serious mistake.

A-lister
24th July 2012, 16:01
The topic's already been screwed up with paranoid nonsenses, so, at least I wanted to correct a serious mistake.

Yeah, different rules for different members ;)

I'm joking with you though ;)

dragvision
24th July 2012, 17:37
paradossaly the first singer in history of esc to hear the turbant are the Buranovo babuski fro Russia, this kind veil can be a islamic turbant. In past in Italy the women ewar the turbant, in Sicilly and especially Sardini island are like the iraniana chador.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3114/3856299906_b17cb26c97.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3393/4634498089_74dca806ac.jpg

A-lister
24th July 2012, 19:40
^
There's a major difference between old grandmas wearing, wearings in history or as folk clothing than some younger women wearing it because of religious rules.

Anyways, back to the topic.

Grinch
24th July 2012, 19:43
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3114/3856299906_b17cb26c97.jpg

Her smiley is scary :D

Archer
26th July 2012, 19:50
I have a feeling that TRT would choose Pentagram. I hope so. xhbang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtqaINr9wao&hd=1

A-lister
26th July 2012, 19:53
^
Oh god no, not another rock band.

I liked 2009 entry though, but other than I didn't like any of the rock bands after that.

Archer
26th July 2012, 19:59
^
Oh god no, not another rock band.

I liked 2009 entry though, but other than I didn't like any of the rock bands after that.

That's not rock but heavy metal. :ugeek: and we didn't send a proper rock band anyway, with the exception of Athena. I don't consider Mor ve Otesi a pure rock band, but more like pop-rock. MaNga is a rap-rock one. And Yuksek Sadakat is such a crap as you know.

A-lister
26th July 2012, 22:07
That's not rock but heavy metal. :ugeek: and we didn't send a proper rock band anyway, with the exception of Athena. I don't consider Mor ve Otesi a pure rock band, but more like pop-rock. MaNga is a rap-rock one. And Yuksek Sadakat is such a crap as you know.

Athena was ska-rock, I thonk Mor ve Ötesi is the most pure rock you sent... Yuksek was also rock but not a good one.

But rock is a big genre with many sub-genres, metal being one of them.

Archer
26th July 2012, 22:15
But rock is a big genre with many sub-genres, metal being one of them.

Hell no, metal evolved from rock but it's not a sub-genre of rock. According to this logic, rock could be considered as a sub-genre of blues.

A-lister
26th July 2012, 23:03
Hell no, metal evolved from rock but it's not a sub-genre of rock. According to this logic, rock could be considered as a sub-genre of blues.

I find this all a bit subjective, to me metal is a sub-genre of rock... I don't think there's a right or wrong here. To say it's not rock... well I beg to differ.

With that said, no more all-male rock bands from Turkey ;)

Jim
26th July 2012, 23:06
For next year, Turkey must send something traditional with middle eastern elements, something really Turkish, maybe with belly-dance. This is what I want from Turkey and from all the countries!

Archer
26th July 2012, 23:08
I find this all a bit subjective, to me metal is a sub-genre of rock... I don't think there's a right or wrong here. To say it's not rock... well I beg to differ.

With that said, no more all-male rock bands from Turkey ;)

Generally; Metal is accepted as a different style. But of course, I respect other opinions about that as I respect those who think that Rock is a sub-genre of Blues.

But if you don't like all-male bands, let me introduce an all-female heavy metal one for you, they are a bit amateur though;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn-RmB9pzck

For next year, Turkey must send something traditional with middle eastern elements, something really Turkish, maybe with belly-dance. This is what I want from Turkey and from all the countries!

If you want something really Turkish, we should send a song with Central Asian instruments (Bağlama comes to mind) mixed with Anatolian elements, cause Middle Eastern elements are not '' something really Turkish '' after all. Hadise screwed up Turkish image enough, I don't want to see such a disgrace again.

A-lister
27th July 2012, 00:00
^
Nah, I usually don't like rock (metal) in general... I just think if it has to be that, atleast a band with a female lead would be something new...

Archer
27th July 2012, 00:03
^
Nah, I usually don't like rock (metal) in general... I just think if it has to be that, atleast a band with a female lead would be something new...

Model (has a female vocal) is mentioned often, maybe they can be selected...

DoctorX
27th July 2012, 00:47
Even though im not a fan of Atiye, I really liked her new english single. Its so much better than her cheesy Turkish songs. With a good team she'd shine in Malmö IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nUWO6799t0

amateur
27th July 2012, 04:17

There is nothing Turkish about Middle Eastern music and belly-dance, traditional Turkish music is what we sent in 1997.

Even though im not a fan of Atiye, I really liked her new english single. Its so much better than her cheesy Turkish songs. With a good team she'd shine in Malmö IMO.

Oh, please no more English, that would be the fifth Turkish entry in English language in a row. I can totally see myself screaming in agony if that happens.

CC92
27th July 2012, 15:02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nUWO6799t0

Haha, you don't find that cheesy? :D Anyway, after all those years Turkey needs a more folkloristic song in Turkish now. I used to like some songs of Atiye but generally she is too much of a bimbo for my taste.

Archer
27th July 2012, 15:49
I can totally see myself screaming in agony if that happens.

Video/pics or it didn't happen.

Grinch
2nd August 2012, 01:08

Eww no!

Archer
2nd August 2012, 01:36
Why not giving Yasemin Mori a chance ? I love her new music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjDKGtNswtE

She would be a second Soluna Samay :lol:

Sabiondo
2nd August 2012, 01:37
Eww no!

Why not..? the belly-dance its the national patrimony of Turkey :)

Archer
2nd August 2012, 01:41

Belly dance is not something '' national '', it's imported.

Sabiondo
2nd August 2012, 01:46
Belly dance is not something '' national '', it's imported.

But was origined on the Ottoman times, so that make it Turkish :p

Archer
2nd August 2012, 01:54
But was origined on the Ottoman times, so that make it Turkish :p

I think we better send Anatolian folk if necessary, it reflects the real Turkish culture the most, from Central Asia times :mrgreen:

Grinch
2nd August 2012, 02:07

Is there a rule that says "participating countries have to include their cultures in the entries" ? :)

And if we're going to send ethno, oriental music is not the only thing we have in Turkish music. We have Aegean, Black Sea, Thrace music etc. as well. It's time to send something different than oriental pop. I don't want us to be like Greece in Eurovision xsnooty

Archer
2nd August 2012, 02:11
I'm Thracian! we gotta send Hora :lol:

Zeybek could be nice as well :)

NikkiBoy
2nd August 2012, 13:34
Sertab Erener would be amazing - but the chances is... small. :?

Starmania
7th August 2012, 18:02
If you want something really Turkish, we should send a song with Central Asian instruments (Bağlama comes to mind) mixed with Anatolian elements, cause Middle Eastern elements are not '' something really Turkish '' after all. Hadise screwed up Turkish image enough, I don't want to see such a disgrace again.
Agree, i want to see some old-Turkic influence in our entries, don't know if someone would throat-sing, but at least some old-Turkic instruments would be great.

Archer
8th August 2012, 02:31
Agree, i want to see some old-Turkic influence in our entries, don't know if someone would throat-sing, but at least some old-Turkic instruments would be great.

Yes, a show with Shamanistic/Animistic ritual would be nice as well. :lol:

Stuff
9th August 2012, 10:13
I want Manga

NikkiBoy
9th August 2012, 18:23
After ::tr Turkey's victory in 2003 - i think 2004-2012 has been boring songs.

Archer
9th August 2012, 23:58
After ::tr Turkey's victory in 2003 - i think 2004-2012 has been boring songs.

I think 2004 deserved to win much more than 2003. Tastes are different tho.

Starmania
11th August 2012, 13:09
Milliyet - EUROV (http://gundem.milliyet.com.tr/eurovizyon-yarisma-degil-sov/gundem/gundemdetay/11.08.2012/1579314/default.htm)
TRT general manager İbrahim Şahin said: "If winners are fixed in a contest, it is no more a contest, it is a show. We have to consider the possibility of withdrawing."
Government will make people mentally ready for this idea.

Archer
11th August 2012, 16:13
Milliyet - EUROV (http://gundem.milliyet.com.tr/eurovizyon-yarisma-degil-sov/gundem/gundemdetay/11.08.2012/1579314/default.htm)
TRT general manager İbrahim Şahin said: "If winners are fixed in a contest, it is no more a contest, it is a show. We have to consider the possibility of withdrawing."

Then don't send crappy singers faggot

Sim
11th August 2012, 16:20
really turkey withdrawing?

Don't see a single reason for that:P

Archer
11th August 2012, 17:27
He had a serious car accident and suffered a permanent brain damage about 10 years ago, thus he talks nonsense sometimes. He was vetoed 2 times by the former president but eventually managed to become the general manager.

Not even worth to be taken seriously anyway.

Grinch
11th August 2012, 23:27

If winners are fixed, does that mean Azeri victory was fixed too? Then why didn't he say anything about it last year? :rolleyes:

Mickey
12th August 2012, 00:32
He had a serious car accident and suffered a permanent brain damage about 10 years ago, thus he talks nonsense sometimes. He was vetoed 2 times by the former president but eventually managed to become the general manager.

Not even worth to be taken seriously anyway.

Phew. Hope you're right. I'd miss Turkey.

Matt
12th August 2012, 10:28
It's just crazy talk, they're not going to withdraw. Turkey knows they always have a head start in points and it's just one random person making such claims, i wouldn't worry about anything.

Jim
12th August 2012, 20:23
I don't want Turkey to withdraw...! :(

Charly
13th August 2012, 13:26
I wanna see Anatolian style of song next -_-

AdelAdel
13th August 2012, 21:43
I want to hear a ballad from Turkey, when was the last time they sent one? Oh yeah, 2001...

Jim
13th August 2012, 22:03
And that ballad that Turkey sent back in 2001 was quite good. For me, it was one of the best songs that year and also I like that song because it's authentic, with the meaning of being sung in Turkish and with the instruments that they used for the song.

Emreign
14th August 2012, 14:16
Sedat Yüce - Sevgiliye Son 2001

One of the best ballad song from Turkey for me !

NikkiBoy
15th August 2012, 17:46
Come on Turkey stay!

A-lister
17th August 2012, 02:03
If winners are fixed, does that mean Azeri victory was fixed too? Then why didn't he say anything about it last year? :rolleyes:

Well said! :lol:

Especially since if there was a fixed win, that one was for sure!

He also said that Sweden won thanks to bloc-voting, hello? Sorry but Turkey is the biggest diaspora benefiter of all participants and the Azeri-Turkish yearly 12 pointers? I guess that's no problem? :lol:

Such a fool... I hope for Turkish sake this man won't have a say, you are of course welcome to Sweden.

Archer
17th August 2012, 02:20
Sedat Yüce - Sevgiliye Son 2001

One of the best ballad song from Turkey for me !

I think the first entry was the best one, '' Seninle Bir Dakika '' epic lol

Archer
27th August 2012, 20:09
According to the national source Hurriyet, TRT is preparing to form an advisory board in order to put an end to the controversies about Eurovision. It's expected to consist of the artists, composers and songwriters who represented Turkey after Sertab Erener's victory in 2003, as well as the leading names in the sector. Tarkan and Sezen Aksu are also specially invited. They will discuss about what kind of course TRT should pursue this year and the way they will choose the representative. The board will meet on 2 November.

Any chance for a national final this time ? maybe it will be helpful for TRT to realize that.

Narmina
28th August 2012, 10:27
I dont know if it's wrong or it's right...But....I want you to STAY!!! :p

DoctorX
29th August 2012, 12:06
According to the national source Hurriyet, TRT is preparing to form an advisory board in order to put an end to the controversies about Eurovision. It's expected to consist of the artists, composers and songwriters who represented Turkey after Sertab Erener's victory in 2003, as well as the leading names in the sector. Tarkan and Sezen Aksu are also specially invited. They will discuss about what kind of course TRT should pursue this year and the way they will choose the representative. The board will meet on 2 November.

Any chance for a national final this time ? maybe it will be helpful for TRT to realize that.

xcheer

evija87
30th August 2012, 03:28
All people from after 2003 only ? OK so they're like going to ask Gulseren's opinion and not Şebnem's for example ? xcrazy Nice joke. They should ask those who made success or milestone also like Klips ve Onlar who were first to achieve TOP10 position, I'm sure Candan Erçetin who is respected artist as far as I am concerned would say something interesting. Gosh, even Ajda Pekkan started to talk about ESC in non dismissing way? Is that true? I think there were news recently when she said that Hande would be a good choice. Why limit yourself rigidly with dates when there are other people who should also have a say on the matter.

Eurovisionism
3rd September 2012, 20:01
We need maNga or Aynur Aydin in Malmö. :rolleyes:

Jukica
4th September 2012, 13:57

Agree for Aynur Aydin xcheer wouldn't like maNga, I think that they should give a chance to people who didn't go to ESC yet :D

CC92
4th September 2012, 14:29

xpuke

Impressive
4th September 2012, 15:44
No maNga! Remember what happened for Dana International. They are in such a nice point for Eurofans. I think they wouldn't want to make it waste.

handeyener
4th September 2012, 19:11
just noo more rock bands please, any other genre is fine!!!!!. At the end as usual in the past 2 years TRT will nominate an unknown artst.

A-lister
4th September 2012, 22:05
maNga were bad in 2010 (don't care if they ended up high, still didn't like it), so no thank u. I could accept only another rock band (even maNga), if it's something like Turkey sent in 2008, now to me that was 'real genuine Turkish rock'. I was very disappointed with both maNga and Can Bonomo, two acts that looked great on paper and had some really great material but then compromised their sound to some western stuff and compromised the language to English...

CC92
5th September 2012, 12:20
^ I would not say this year's entry was much compromised to Western ears except for the language. But whilst I personally appreciate it I can also see why other people may consider it annoying (similar to the 2006 entry btw although that was in a completely different style).
As for MaNga, I agree. One of the rare occasions when diaspora votes (+hype) really spoilt the rankings in their favour (Turkey 2nd with 177 p.; France 8th with 151 points) but interestingly the 'jury vote', once needed, did not help anything there. Deli as a song was mile above and I would not mind something close to that again either.

Milos-BC
5th September 2012, 20:10
I have to disagree about maNga here. I think they had one of the best entries in 2010, and, IMO, they deserved their position. But I wouldn't like to see them on the ESC stage again. It's time for some new faces.

Charly
6th September 2012, 16:44
^

Totally agree

God TRT needs a new management team :rolleyes:

Impressive
12th September 2012, 14:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mUhwu6WpGM

She is impressive and looks like my angel Nina Zilli :o

escandesc
12th September 2012, 20:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mUhwu6WpGM

She is impressive and looks like my angel Nina Zilli :o

she is too good for ESC. :?

amateur
13th September 2012, 00:06
I've been hoping to see her in ESC for years but it doesn't seem like happening anytime soon. She's my dream representative.

A-lister
13th September 2012, 20:04
she is too good for ESC. :?

There's nothing "too good" for ESC. I mean with that mindset, are you really a fan?

ESC should be open to different sort of music. As long as people are downgrading it with comments like "this or that is too good for ESC" or "good but not for ESC", then ESC can never progress. So no, it's not "too good for ESC", you should instead say "this could be a good choice for ESC" ! ;)

Nikkita
2nd October 2012, 19:10
Wanna see my country so bad,especially with one of these singers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srjuFsS4z6E
He's definitely the best male pop singer in Turkey.Also he's very creative and openminded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pdpsT92vcE
He has a great voice,it's 8 octave,his stage performance is very impressive.Watched him live and first,i was like ''TOO MUCH CROWD,TOO MUCH PEOPLE *tries to breath,some teenage fobia* but when he started to sing,it was like there's just me and him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O00dhM3jK8
She's very new but awesome.Much better than Hadise and she's definitely made for Eurovision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj6-eEKWr7Y
He's so gay,and you know Eurovision means gay.TRT never wants him but i want,so ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPvvN97LUuU
Here's Turkish Marilyn Mansooooon! Maybe not for this year,but he must go in 2013! He's great at shows and i can't think what will he do at a professional stage like Eurovision.

Matt
16th October 2012, 20:19
After TRT's general director, Ibrahim Sahin's statements regarding a possible withdrawal for Turkey in relation to the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest they have now confirmed that they will participate after all. The Turkish broadcasting cooperation will start its preparations in early November.

dragvision
17th October 2012, 21:24
SEDA ONDER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2CFbBSOh9g&feature=related

Grinch
18th October 2012, 20:43
He's so gay,and you know Eurovision means gay.TRT never wants him but i want,so ^.^

:D

I can't even imagine TRT sending Ramadan. His music is not my thing but I like his personality. I watched some of his interviews and he's such a down to earth guy.

Cem Adrian would be great but his music is not suitable for Eurovision. People might find him boring.

Nikkita
19th October 2012, 14:59
:D

I can't even imagine TRT sending Ramadan. His music is not my thing but I like his personality. I watched some of his interviews and he's such a down to earth guy.

Cem Adrian would be great but his music is not suitable for Eurovision. People might find him boring.
Those old dudes -.-' but they send a politic band like Mor ve Ötesi,so that means they're not that closeminded :D

And about Cem,after Rona Nishliu,i think his music is very suitable.

Bugranlc
20th October 2012, 12:15
Hi. I want Aynur Aydın. She have nice Europop songs. Like measure up ,hurricane.
She is be best Choice.

Archer
20th October 2012, 15:32
I wish for Aylin Aslım.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwX5AYwEnOo

Nikkita
20th October 2012, 17:21
I wish for Aylin Aslım.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwX5AYwEnOo
She NEVER says yes to Eurovision :D

Archer
20th October 2012, 18:42
Probably... but I wish she would :D

amateur
21st October 2012, 03:10
I'm running a no male performer campaign for Turkey this year. Sorry if you find this discriminative or sexist, but 3 years in a row was more than enough, and after Turkish entrants like Yüksek Sadakat and Can Bonomo, I started to feel like TRT is trying very hard to not send a female representative, so hard that they've started to send people that no one heard of before. Also, I'm fed up with TRT's this success-oriented view about Eurovision, this caused us to send songs in English for 4 goddamn years in a row! That's enough, we must send a Turkish entry this year.

Anyway, I want to see Nil Karaibrahimgil, Model, Göksel or (even though I don't think she would like to enter) Yasemin Mori as the Turkish participant in 2013.

Archer
21st October 2012, 12:44
I'm running a no male performer campaign for Turkey this year. Sorry if you find this discriminative or sexist, but 3 years in a row was more than enough, and after Turkish entrants like Yüksek Sadakat and Can Bonomo, I started to feel like TRT is trying very hard to not send a female representative, so hard that they've started to send people that no one heard of before. Also, I'm fed up with TRT's this success-oriented view about Eurovision, this caused us to send songs in English for 4 goddamn years in a row! That's enough, we must send a Turkish entry this year.

Anyway, I want to see Nil Karaibrahimgil, Model, Göksel or (even though I don't think she would like to enter) Yasemin Mori as the Turkish participant in 2013.

Positive discrimination is a good thing.

Nikkita
21st October 2012, 18:40
I started to feel like TRT is trying very hard to not send a female representative
After Hadise,even a lesbian would turn into heterosexual.But i agree with you cause we don't have a female spokesperson,we don't have a female commentator...There must be some Turkish ladies at Eurovision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC_Phi89wUY
I'll even miss this silly chick after seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNvys28aW0w&feature=fvwrel
We have a lot of young people knows English as this dotard.

Archer
21st October 2012, 19:04
I agree about a female spokesperson but you are unfair about our commentator... Our Eurovision adventure started with him, and he will keep doing his job until he dies or something. :lol:

Nikkita
21st October 2012, 19:16
I agree about a female spokesperson but you are unfair about our commentator... Our Eurovision adventure started with him, and he will keep doing his job until he dies or something. :lol:
Come on,he's not Terry Wogan! He just says ''oh they don't give a point to us''.Also when Cyprus gives 12 to Greece or something like this happens he doesn't approves but when Azerbaijan gives Turkey 12,he's like ''yeeey we have 12 don't give a hack about this politic vote'' -.-'

Archer
21st October 2012, 19:28
Come on,he's not Terry Wogan! He just says ''oh they don't give a point to us''.Also when Cyprus gives 12 to Greece or something like this happens he doesn't approves but when Azerbaijan gives Turkey 12,he's like ''yeeey we have 12 don't give a hack about this politic vote'' -.-'

And not to forget that he hung up the phone on us after we got eliminated in the semi finals in 2011 :lol:

Steffan
21st October 2012, 19:32
Model, Gokce, Tugba Ekinci, Gulcin... Some of them XD There are many good female singers (even tho some are trashy) so I want Turkey to send some of the m ^^

Nikkita
21st October 2012, 20:04
And not to forget that he hung up the phone on us after we got eliminated in the semi finals in 2011 :lol:
She did the Turkish girl move (for Turkish members:trip:D)
And @Steffan,Tugba Ekinci would be a nice joke entry.

Archer
27th October 2012, 15:38
Cheering for Bülent Ersoy. xlol

Nikkita
27th October 2012, 21:55
Cheering for Bülent Ersoy. xlol
With a song like this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paM5foqbDiY

Archer
27th October 2012, 21:57
With a song like this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paM5foqbDiY

He/she is the king/queen of classical music :mrgreen:

Impressive
28th October 2012, 01:26
^So rude. Also not funny.

Nikkita
29th October 2012, 13:36
He/she is the king/queen of classical music :mrgreen:
She is a transsexual woman. -.-' she has a pussay,get over it.I find her funny too but because of her diva attitude.

Matt
2nd November 2012, 22:26
The Turkish national broadcaster TRT will run a special meeting (http://trtmuzik.net.tr/News/Detail/106012/eurovision-sarki-yarismasi-2-ozel-danisma-kurulu) of the advisory board today, discussing ideas on the Turkish participation in the Eurovision Song Contest. The meeting will be streamed on the TRT website (http://www.trt.net.tr/).

READ MORE (http://www.esctoday.com/?p=38409)

Archer
3rd November 2012, 15:28
It seems the overwhelming majority including Sertab Erener supported the national final idea. But there's no decision yet. I think the system will be changed into national final but most likely the next year.

Nikkita
3rd November 2012, 16:39
It seems the overwhelming majority including Sertab Erener supported the national final idea. But there's no decision yet. I think the system will be changed into national final but most likely the next year.
I don't want a national final for Turkey cause our people doesn't know how to vote.They made this 2nd in Turkey's Got Talent 2010 or 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6uLw-Q6pHA

LalehForWD
3rd November 2012, 20:26
I don't want a national final for Turkey cause our people doesn't know how to vote.They made this 2nd in Turkey's Got Talent 2010 or 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6uLw-Q6pHA

What? He's just great!! The beat is magic! Scary eyes though. :D

Nikkita
3rd November 2012, 21:16
What? He's just great!! The beat is magic! Scary eyes though. :D
But the lyrics are just shxt :D

LalehForWD
3rd November 2012, 21:47
OK :)
I guess he's blind. But tbh I would love something like this in Eurovision. A bit more developed clear song and some kind of show act, but still keep the simple.

A-lister
3rd November 2012, 21:48
OK :)
I guess he's blind. But tbh I would love something like this in Eurovision. A bit more developed clear song and some kind of show act, but still keep the simple.

He's probably blind yes. Well, I'm a fan of ethno and local languages, but that was just amateur mess :lol:

Starmania
6th November 2012, 22:43
It's not discussed here recently, but Aynur Aydın attended that ESC meeting and she will most likely to represent Turkey, and it makes me really sad that i have been mentioning it in my signature for so many months. I can even stand Yüksek Sadakat represent us again.

Matt
7th November 2012, 00:13
It's not discussed here recently, but Aynur Aydın attended that ESC meeting and she will most likely to represent Turkey, and it makes me really sad that i have been mentioning it in my signature for so many months. I can even stand Yüksek Sadakat represent us again.

{url=Turkey: Aynur Aydin Emerges as Favourite (http://www.escflashmalta.com/index.php/music-news/international-music-news/item/2343-turkey-aynur-aydin-emerges-as-favourite)]THIS Article[/url] talks about Aynur's as well.

A-lister
7th November 2012, 00:56

Atleast it's nice to finally get a female for Turkey again (I started to worry about those rumors of TRT), does your signature mean you think she's a good or bad choice? xshrug

However I hope it won't be a Swedish song...

LalehForWD
7th November 2012, 02:03

Haha moments of truth is getting closer then? You have yourself to blame of putting yourself in this position! :D

Archer
7th November 2012, 16:48
I hope that's not going to happen. I don't want another imported representer. :roll:

Model deserves it by far. They have showed an upward trend recently. Some intellectuals and columnists even mentioned them. If TRT consists of at least a few reasonable people, they will not ignore it.

CypriotGirl
7th November 2012, 22:32
Aynur Aydin would be a very good choice. At least a female, give her an ethno-pop song but to be fresh and not cheap, and you'll have my support! xcheer

And she is Turkish, why you call her imported? Because she was born and grew up in Germany? Is she less Turkish because of that? Turkish hot temperament + Western European culture = very good combination for a singer/performer. Just see Hadise. xheart

I don't want to hear anything rock from Turkey for this year, please not! I loved maNga (my favorite Turkish entry), but after them, I think most of the rock songs would sound a weak copy of them. That's what the song in 2011 was like. And in 2012 the song was horrible. Time for something good again!

A-lister
7th November 2012, 22:42
Aynur Aydin would be a very good choice. At least a female, give her an ethno-pop song but to be fresh and not cheap, and you'll have my support! xcheer

Second this!

I don't want to hear anything rock from Turkey for this year, please not! I loved maNga (my favorite Turkish entry), but after them, I think most of the rock songs would sound a weak copy of them. That's what the song in 2011 was like. And in 2012 the song was horrible. Time for something good again!

I didn't like maNga's entry at all, but I agree that I'm tired of rock from Turkey. 2008's entry was really good though, so IF they would send rock again it better be 'Turkish rock'...

2012 was awful, totally agree on that.

Impressive
7th November 2012, 22:57
Second this!
2008's entry was really good though, so IF they would send rock again it better be 'Turkish rock'...

ONLY part that I agree with you. As rock, Turkish would be cooler than English.

CypriotGirl
7th November 2012, 23:30
I don't like Turkish language in rock songs. I hated the 2008 entry.

I like Turkish language in pop and ethnic-pop songs.

Jim
7th November 2012, 23:35

Here we differ CypriotGirl. I like so much the Turkish rock song of 2008! :D

Archer
7th November 2012, 23:49
I generally find English language preferrable in Rock and Metal songs.

Narmina
8th November 2012, 10:54
Here we differ CypriotGirl. I like so much the Turkish rock song of 2008! :D

me too ;)

CypriotGirl
8th November 2012, 15:23
What does this article say?
Darf Deutsch-Türkin Aynur Aydin zum Eurovision-Songcontest 2013 | rap2soul (http://www.rap2soul.de/2012/11/07/darf-deutsch-turkin-aynur-aydin-zum-eurovision-songcontest-2013/)

Ich spreche kein Deutsch!~ (or I can't speak German, but I can if you like! xrofl2)

A-lister
8th November 2012, 15:46
What does this article say?
Darf Deutsch-Türkin Aynur Aydin zum Eurovision-Songcontest 2013 | rap2soul (http://www.rap2soul.de/2012/11/07/darf-deutsch-turkin-aynur-aydin-zum-eurovision-songcontest-2013/)

Ich spreche kein Deutsch!~ (or I can't speak German, but I can if you like! xrofl2)

Well, it talks about her success in Turkey and that she was chosen out of 8 acts by TRT to compete for Turkey in ESC 2013 :)

It also mentions that she worked with Swedish people for her album (that have worked with Loreen and Eric Saade previously) and that Loreen is her friend :? ... so if she's chosen (as the article suggest she is), it looks like it could end up being a Swedish entry :/

Impressive
8th November 2012, 16:20
A Swedish song from Turkey would be so impressive :lol:
Finland makes sense, because of being second official language. But there is no connection between Swedish and Turkey. Weird action. But I don't think will be very succesfully if this happens.

Kryptonite
8th November 2012, 19:34
A Swedish song from Turkey would be so impressive :lol:
Finland makes sense, because of being second official language. But there is no connection between Swedish and Turkey. Weird action. But I don't think will be very succesfully if this happens.

He meant a song by Swedish authors, not in Swedish language. :D

Impressive
8th November 2012, 19:45
He meant a song by Swedish authors, not in Swedish language. :D

Oh...

it looks like it could end up being a Swedish entry

Are you sure? If you are, my bad again. :geek:

Starmania
8th November 2012, 22:08
The problem is that she is extremely likely to send a song composed by a Swedish composer. I don't think Archer meant Turkish singers who born abroad as imported singers.
We don't need Aynur :geek:

LalehForWD
8th November 2012, 22:12
Strange views on things guys. :(
Surely it's the song and how it is performed that matters, right?

Kryptonite
8th November 2012, 22:33
Strange views on things guys. :(
Surely it's the song and how it is performed that matters, right?

I am not completely against foreign authors either, because I give the biggest importance to the end result. But is of course better if the author / songwriter comes from a country that the particular song represents. :)

A-lister
8th November 2012, 22:59
I am not completely against foreign authors either, because I give the biggest importance to the end result. But is of course better if the author / songwriter comes from a country that the particular song represents. :)

So you don't have a problem with the fact that countries send entries representing them that in fact does NOT represent them? Only the ending position is of importance? The whole point with Eurovision is entries representing countries, if entries are being imported from other countries then there's no point in ESC any longer.

Kryptonite
8th November 2012, 23:17
So you don't have a problem with the fact that countries send entries representing them that in fact does NOT represent them? Only the ending position is of importance? The whole point with Eurovision is entries representing countries, if entries are being imported from other countries then there's no point in ESC any longer.

No, by "the end result" I meant the final product, the final song. I don't really care about the final result in terms of placing.

Well, like I said, I would prefer that the song would be a product of some particular country only (for example - Turkish songwriter, lyricist, perfomer as well as Turkish choreographer and other things), but that's up to each country and their citizens to decide, not me ...

And if some country selects a song by Swedish authors, it's their choice so it is somehow representing them (imo).

Archer
8th November 2012, 23:21
I don't think Archer meant Turkish singers who born abroad as imported singers.:

That's exactly what I meant. You are born in a country, grow up there, get trained in the facilities they provide you with there but you represent a country which has no contribution on your improvement. Being represented does not only mean that our name will be shown up on the board, but demonstrating what our talents are, so there would be something we could be really proud of.

Otherwise the contest has no meaning. Let's remove the nationality rule as well then, so that we can pick up Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber to represent us, since it's the only important thing to be shown up on the first place. :roll: sorry but I would prefer to fail with Yüksek Sadakat's own exertion rather than winning with somebody else's product.

A-lister
9th November 2012, 00:03
No, by "the end result" I meant the final product, the final song. I don't really care about the final result in terms of placing.

Well, like I said, I would prefer that the song would be a product of some particular country only (for example - Turkish songwriter, lyricist, perfomer as well as Turkish choreographer and other things), but that's up to each country and their citizens to decide, not me ...

And if some country selects a song by Swedish authors, it's their choice so it is somehow representing them (imo).

Aha, I thought you meant the result in ESC.

Well, considering Turkey is having internal selection it's not really the 'will of the people' so I don't really see how this is representing Turkey anyways...

But the whole point with ESC is sending an entry representing your country (and not just technically representing, but an actual product from your country).

LalehForWD
9th November 2012, 10:06
Whatever Aynur Aydın did or lived before, she clearly wants an artist career in Turkey. I don't know if this is relevant and I have no idea what she's saying, but I think she's talking about the work she did in Stockholm (and I think Loreen is singing on some songs).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_7btgedxhU
What is she saying?

LalehForWD
9th November 2012, 10:27
Aynur Aydın ft Loreen - Hurricane

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xt8m7u

Siyah Fırtına (Turkish version) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUE9AVd_mlI) (Loreen singing in Turkish 8-))
Swedish Stereo article (http://swedishstereo.blogspot.de/2012/09/aynur-aydin-hurricane.html)
Aynur Aydın live performing Hurricane at Beyaz Show (http://www.izlesene.com/video/aynur-aydin-hurricane-beyaz-show-10-02-12/5641163) October 2

I think it's a great song. But perhaps all this has been posted before?

A-lister
9th November 2012, 17:02
^
I guess chances of hearing Turkish again in ESC is even narrower now xshrug

Here's me hoping ATLEAST they will put some ethno elements and some Turkish lyrics, otherwise it will once again be a total Swedish product with no attachment to Turkey.

LalehForWD
9th November 2012, 17:18
^ You have to admit hearing Loreen singing in Turkish is pretty cool!

Nikkita
9th November 2012, 17:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKQNQ_w_PAI
To me,Turkish goes great in rock and metal.But i don't see Turkish as a foreign language so :D
I'm also writing in a Turkish ESC forum and we are all cheering for Aynur Aydın.We are sending ethno-stuff since 2003 and i think it's time to show Turkey can do modern pop.And we need singers like Aynur,Turkish pop is nothing but garbage and modern singers like her could clean it up.

Archer
9th November 2012, 17:55
i think it's time to show Turkey can do modern pop.

Aynur Aydin was born in Germany and developed herself in their facilities. She also works with Swedish producers. So how exactly it could be an effective way of demonstrating that Turkey can do modern pop ?

Although I hate her and the modern pop style, there is Hande Yener for this job.

LalehForWD
10th November 2012, 17:37
Aynur Aydin was born in Germany and developed herself in their facilities. She also works with Swedish producers. So how exactly it could be an effective way of demonstrating that Turkey can do modern pop ?

Although I hate her and the modern pop style, there is Hande Yener for this job.

I honestly don't get the point in this. :/ I guess the artists work with people and groups according to their skills and competence, not what nationality they have. I also think making music often is not a straightforward work. You pick up things and connections here and there, just as in real life. Some artists think it's great to isolate themselves in northern Finland, some artists goes to New York. As a devoted music lover the only good thing todo is to support Turkish artists by attend their concerts and buy their records.

Nikkita
10th November 2012, 17:56

Hande Yener and modern pop was at 2007.
Aynur sings in Turkish,not German or Swedish.That already proofs that she wants to build a career and do Turkish pop.
And getting born in Germany doesn't make her German.If she feels Turkish,she is Turkish,like Atatürk said.

CC92
11th November 2012, 20:27
Something like this by Hande would make a good Turkish entry I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweOAqPxrhY

About Aynur, I shall not care where she was born or raised if she feels like a Turk but the reason why I am not really keen on her entering ESC is that her current music is, to be honest, very mediocre. Though if the song was good and not a foreign (Swedish) import I would be happy, too.

A-lister
11th November 2012, 22:10
^
Hande is a far better choice than Aynur, I feel the same way about Aynur. She's even worse than Hadise, atleast Hadise had some booty-shaking ethno-pop songs, Aynur has nothing interesting musically imo.

evilperson
11th November 2012, 23:08
Aynur has nothing interesting musically imo.

I completely agree. Every song I've heard from her is just bland pop and her voice is quite mediocre on top of everything.

Still, she could shake her ass to a 4th place.

A-lister
11th November 2012, 23:20
I completely agree. Every song I've heard from her is just bland pop and her voice is quite mediocre on top of everything.

Still, she could shake her ass to a 4th place.

Well, for that she needs an ass-shaking entry :lol:

Based on her songs, she doesn't even have THAT... atleast Hadise made it that way... but Hadise barely shaked her ass even... quite frankly what did she do? That was one of the weakest and most odd performances of 2009, I mean I liked she song kinda but as a performance? xshrug

Now Kalomira is a weak singer, but she knew how to shake her ass and it was a good show...

Impressive
11th November 2012, 23:21
How dirty you are... :?
We don't know her fully even yet. But all words like she is a singer for a couple of years.

A-lister
11th November 2012, 23:22
How dirty you are... :?

Where's the dirty part? :lol:

Archer
12th November 2012, 00:11

Based on her songs, she doesn't even have THAT... atleast Hadise made it that way... but Hadise barely shaked her ass even... quite frankly what did she do? That was one of the weakest and most odd performances of 2009, I mean I liked she song kinda but as a performance? xshrug

Now Kalomira is a weak singer, but she knew how to shake her ass and it was a good show...

Hadise was sick while on the stage, unfortunately.

A-lister
12th November 2012, 01:39
Hadise was sick while on the stage, unfortunately.

Sick or not, the stage-show was still a mess :lol:

CANyouLoveMeBack
12th November 2012, 14:01
TRT: Bedük is chosen internally to represent Turkey at 2013 Eurovision song contest

http://www.izmirtavsiye.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/beduk1.jpg

Eurovision’a Bedük Gidiyor! (http://eurovisiontime.com/index/eurovisiona-beduk-gidiyor/)

Nikkita
12th November 2012, 14:01
Some Eurovision sites in Turkey says that Bedük will go at 2013 dogmatisely.And it's more definite then Aynur because he's a guy.As all of you knows,after hadise TRT is having an allergy to lady singers.
If Bedük goes i would be happy as if i would be happy in Aynur goes because Bedük is creative and unique.He could definitely make a good show.

penguinperson
12th November 2012, 14:21
Didn't he deny it last week

Beduk ‏@beduk
:) Simdi gordum, desteginiz ve guzel dilekleriniz icin tesekkur ederim ama TRT ile resmi bi gorusme olmadi. Olursa ilk benden duyarsiniz ;)

Nikkita
12th November 2012, 14:27
Didn't he deny it last week

Beduk ‏@beduk
:) Simdi gordum, desteginiz ve guzel dilekleriniz icin tesekkur ederim ama TRT ile resmi bi gorusme olmadi. Olursa ilk benden duyarsiniz ;)

Actually he just said ''there is no official contact between me and TRT''.From his sayings at back,i know that he looks nice to Eurovision.He might go.

penguinperson
12th November 2012, 14:30
Actually he just said ''there is no official contact between me and TRT''.From his sayings at back,i know that he looks nice to Eurovision.He might go.

But surely if TRT have a press conference coming up they will have contacted the people they wanted by now.

Nikkita
12th November 2012, 14:37
But surely if TRT have a press conference coming up they will have contacted the people they wanted by now.
Well,you're right but i don't think they are contacted yet.

A-lister
12th November 2012, 16:54
So it's true that TRT has been islamized then (no more females) ? :?

dragvision
12th November 2012, 16:57
what kind of music he make? He is a Rambo Amadeus 2?

Archer
12th November 2012, 18:03
So it's true that TRT has been islamized then (no more females) ? :?

I knew you were looking for an appropriate opportunity to manipulate the thread with your usual Islamic paranoia. Reported.

Back to topic, apparently Eurovisiontime has not given a specific source for their claim so I will not take it seriously.

evilperson
12th November 2012, 18:06

True she really doesn't even have that! I liked Hadise's song but you're right, her entire presentation was one big mess - she didn't even sing the song.

And I can agree on Kalomira, while I didn't like her or the song, she put on a great presentation.

All in all, I'd rather see someone other than Aynur Aydin representing Turkey - whether it gets them a good result or not.

A-lister
12th November 2012, 18:40
I knew you were looking for an appropriate opportunity to manipulate the thread with your usual Islamic paranoia. Reported.

Oh, why am I not surprised you report on freedom of speech? not the first time that happens around here... :lol: For every silly report you're sending, there's obviously a truth in what I say that you find uncomfortable to be mentioned... xshrug

Manipulate? There were talks going around for some years now that the reason TRT is not choosing females anymore is that, so if that's the truth it's certainly on-topic whether you like it or not. And mate, find a mirror, there you'll find the paranoia :lol:

Impressive
12th November 2012, 18:41
what kind of music he make? He is a Rambo Amadeus 2?

Totally yes...

Impressive
12th November 2012, 18:52
Oh, why am I not surprised you report on freedom of speech? not the first time that happens around here... :lol: For every silly report you're sending, there's obviously a truth in what I say that you find uncomfortable to be mentioned... xshrug

Manipulate? There were talks going around for some years now that the reason TRT is not choosing females anymore is that, so if that's the truth it's certainly on-topic whether you like it or not. And mate, find a mirror, there you'll find the paranoia :lol:

If Turkey would have a cause like that, they would not take a part in Eurovision. Please don't be racist.

A-lister
12th November 2012, 18:54
If Turkey would have a cause like that, they would not take a part in Eurovision. Please don't be racist.

There are many undemocratic or pseudo-democratic countries taking part already so what's your point? xshrug

Racist? I didn't know TRT officials were a certain race? xshrug... My suggestion is don't tell me something I'm not thank you very much...

DanielLuis
12th November 2012, 20:32

Dude Turkey sent a female singer in 2009.

A-lister
12th November 2012, 20:36
Dude Turkey sent a female singer in 2009.

Yes ehm 'dude' and your point is? xshrug

There were rumors or whatever floating around that the reason they haven't sent a female since 2009 is because of the governmental shift into more fundamentalism (and the government controls TRT so).

I didn't make up these rumors, every year I'm waiting for them to announce a female to simply denounce those rumors (because I don't want to believe these rumors), but with each year one starts to wonder if there can be any truth to those rumors or not? xshrug

Archer
12th November 2012, 22:05
The answer I gave months before when the same bullsh*t brought up by the same person declaring the Turkish government as '' fundamentalist '' in order to manipulate the thread with xenophobic nonsense in a regular time period:

I should note that it was the same TRT, under the same government that chose Erener, Gulseren and Sibel (two times in a row) and Hadise. Not to mention that there were female dancers with Kenan Dogulu, a female figure alongside MaNga and Yuksek Sadakat. So, it proves that your claim is totally baseless.

Now we can keep going on without involving in such nonsense.

A-lister
12th November 2012, 22:08
The answer I gave months before when the same bullsh*t brought up by the same person declaring the Turkish government as '' fundamentalist '' in order to manipulate the thread with xenophobic nonsense in a regular time period:

Now we can keep going on without involving in such nonsense.

And I give you the same answer: much have changed since then, the government didn't turn into that by night, it's an ongoing process and also they have more powers now (it seems you're either clueless or in denial about your own government, or did you just miss the constitutional change the other year??).

And there's no xenophobia here (you can try to put false labels as much as you want, you just prove your own agenda by doing so), so go on with whatever labels you want to attach to me, they won't stick because they're not true, if anything it shows this so called 'paranoia' is not paranoia afterall...

And just for your info, for the 1000x time, I didn't start these 'rumors' as they've been floating around for some while now.