PDA

View Full Version : SLOVAKIA 2013 - not taking part

escYOUnited
27th April 2012, 04:13
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/graphics/flags/large/lo-lgflag.gif

GRE
28th April 2012, 00:06
i dont believe that Slovakia will be in 2013 edition.

Matt
28th April 2012, 05:59
i dont believe that Slovakia will be in 2013 edition.

Possibly. If they can qualify I'm confident to see them again next year. If they get stuck in the Semis....well that's a different story

Knubelznarm
7th May 2012, 22:18
This girl is just kick-ass! Would've been so nice to see her representing Slovakia this year, but now I'll have something to look forward to next year ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NbALtY3HL0

nofuxCZ
7th May 2012, 22:40
This girl is just kick-ass! Would've been so nice to see her representing Slovakia this year, but now I'll have something to look forward to next year ;)

Celeste is great! Unfortunately, her live singing is very inconsistent.

NikkiBoy
10th May 2012, 20:40
Czech Republic and Slovakia = together! :D

A-lister
11th May 2012, 02:25
Still rooting for Hrdza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8doGVR7QHwg

I love Kristina's new song, but she just doesn't translate well on stage :( But maybe the same composer who did Horehronie or this new song (dunno if it's the same person) could make something for someone without those nerves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62floj37NhM&ob=av2e

dizzydjc
11th May 2012, 16:51
Kristina again with Horehronie #2 - that song was utterly ROBBED!

NikkiBoy
11th May 2012, 20:34
Twiins or Kristina :D

handeyener
12th May 2012, 00:04
Twiins but with a more uptempo song

NikkiBoy
17th May 2012, 18:05
Twiins maked a good song after - Boyz x3 :D

nofuxCZ
27th May 2012, 02:39
I'm worried about their participation.
Bad ratings + budget cuts + last place in the semifinal... :(

Matt
27th May 2012, 03:19
I'm worried about their participation.
Bad ratings + budget cuts + last place in the semifinal... :(

Me too :(

NikkiBoy
27th May 2012, 09:22
::sk Slovakia, i understand if they leaves, its not funny to be in ESC, and never go to final. But hope NO ONES withdrawl, it so sad when some do that, like Armenia and Poland..

bubblingtrue
27th May 2012, 14:46
I doubt Slovakia will be us again for quite a long time....and too right. I hope Netherlands withdraw also as a protest!

Quent91
27th May 2012, 14:48
I doubt Slovakia will be us again for quite a long time....and too right. I hope Netherlands withdraw also as a protest!

withdrawal is not the solution. if they keep sending bad songs, of course they'll never qualify.

bubblingtrue
27th May 2012, 14:53
I think the issue is that the quality of a song from somewhere like Slovakia has to be extremely high for them to qualify, yet a poorer song from somewhere like Russia for instance will always qualify. Is it then a song contest?

TinaS
27th May 2012, 15:31
in Slovakia nobody believes in Eurovision. Only Kristina had some support from SK Television and from people because they believes that only her stupid song has some chance to win. All SK participants tried to scoring with festival songs absolutely different as usually people listen in SK, because they tried to copy taste of Europe.

lettiyy
27th May 2012, 21:53
I LOVE MAX JASON MAI! He is a good singer with beautiful voice! I was disappointed when he didn't get in the final.
Lots of kiss from your neighbours, from Hungary

Sean
27th May 2012, 22:05
I think the issue is that the quality of a song from somewhere like Slovakia has to be extremely high for them to qualify, yet a poorer song from somewhere like Russia for instance will always qualify. Is it then a song contest?

Please don't, I've spent too long explaining Eurovision voting today :lol:

Hope Slovakia stay, 2012 was a breath of fresh air :)

lettiyy
27th May 2012, 22:13
I want Max again! He was amazing!!!

Quent91
27th May 2012, 22:17
No, please.

nofuxCZ
27th May 2012, 22:38
I want Max again! He was amazing!!!
Really doubt that he would invest his money again in this (He paid all the expenses of his participation himself)

Yamarus
27th May 2012, 22:50
Poor Slovakia. Not because of this year's freak show, but because I really loved their 2010 and 2011 entries.

I smell withdrawal.

Andrzej1987
28th May 2012, 00:05
Are there any artists in Slovakia who are willing to pay all expenses?

CPV4931
28th May 2012, 00:08
I liked Horehronie in 2010 an even voted for this year´s entry... so please stay, Slovakia!
But I would understand if they´d withdraw due to the real bad results.

A-lister
28th May 2012, 00:12
I hope they stay, and I hope they get their act together. I know they have a hard time without diaspora, political/economical significance and uninterested neighbors... but don't give up!

I hope they drop their silly American wannabe desperation and go back to one of THE BEST national selection methods ('09-'10)... shorten it down a bit but stay true to their own colors.

Probably they'll withdraw :( But let's hope.

NikkiBoy
28th May 2012, 08:44
If ::cz Czech Republic returns :-D Sooooo.. Hope Slovakia stay ^^'

Yamarus
28th May 2012, 09:55

Czech Republic is one country I'm not eager to see come back to the Contest, seeing the absolute crap they've sent over the years. They mustn't see Montenegro 2012, it might give them ideas! :lol:

nofuxCZ
28th May 2012, 11:28

I think you're way too optimistic :)
But there is still some hope, so who knows...

rajo
28th May 2012, 11:54
Central Europe is a weak spot for Eurovision. Poland and Czech Republic quit, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary and Switzerland are always suspicious for quitting because of poor results.... and with Italy not really motivated for Eurovision, we could soon see a huge rift in Europe from the Baltic to the Mediterranean Sea.

TinaS
28th May 2012, 20:10
Horehronie with balkan elements (not slovak) had a chance, but this kind of music listen in my country only middle generation.
Max was extreme.

I liked Horehronie in 2010 an even voted for this year´s entry... so please stay, Slovakia!
But I would understand if they´d withdraw due to the real bad results.

bubblingtrue
28th May 2012, 20:52
Central Europe is a weak spot for Eurovision. Poland and Czech Republic quit, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary and Switzerland are always suspicious for quitting because of poor results.... and with Italy not really motivated for Eurovision, we could soon see a huge rift in Europe from the Baltic to the Mediterranean Sea.

I seriously doubt we will be seeing Slovakia again. I think the fact that Max had to fund their participation this year says it all really, add in poor results year after year...bye bye Slovakia. And I don't blame you!

A-lister
28th May 2012, 21:29
I seriously doubt we will be seeing Slovakia again. I think the fact that Max had to fund their participation this year says it all really, add in poor results year after year...bye bye Slovakia. And I don't blame you!

Well, considering the song was awful, they are the only one to blamed.

However in 2009-2010 and during the 90's, they were indeed overlooked and underrated on each try.

nofuxCZ
29th May 2012, 04:57
Huge ratings drop...

Semi-final 1: 121 000 viewers (6,6% market share)
Semi-final 2: 165 000 viewers (9,1% market share)
Final: 119 000 viewers (8,5% market share)

Just for comparison:
2009 final: 35%
2010 final: 21,6%
2011 ratings not available

Yamarus
29th May 2012, 10:32
Yup, I smell a withdrawal.

Quent91
29th May 2012, 14:28
Houlŕ... :(

nofuxCZ
30th May 2012, 04:56
"To be honest, we expected more from this format. There is a big question mark regarding our participation next year" said programme director of Slovak broadcaster, Andrej Miklánek, to hnonline.sk

AlekS
31st May 2012, 16:58
^ He's been the one who said they withdraw in 2012, he hates ESC :lol:

Though I have a feeling they will choose someone who has money. Like this year.

CypriotGirl
31st May 2012, 20:29
Even though I liked Horehronie, the performance was awful, that's why it flopped that year. And Twiins last year were just bland, they could do so much better! With a strong song, everybody can qualify...

A-lister
31st May 2012, 21:50
Even though I liked Horehronie, the performance was awful, that's why it flopped that year. And Twiins last year were just bland, they could do so much better! With a strong song, everybody can qualify...

Well, worse performances that the Horehronie one went through to the final, and even with jury help ended in top. 5 (out-of-breath messy performance Hadise for instance).

2009 Slovak entry gave some of the best live vocals in past Eurovision editions, and juries who normally care about vocals, didn't give them a well deserved wildcard back then... oh because the ballad wasn't Disney? We will never now.

And let's not get started on all the underrated 90's entries they send.

To some extent one can blame songs/performances, but I would argue that in the case of Slovakia their failure got very much to do with them being.. well.. Slovakia.

As for the past two entries 11-12, I get why they flopped (although had it been only up to juries, the Disney stuff they sent in '11 would have made it to the finals.. ironically sense the much better and mature and better performed ballad they sent just a couple of years earlier didn't get any jury love).

However, I believe that their past two years failure is much their own fault.

As I wrote:

Comeback with your selection method of '09-'10 (but a little shorter), stay true to yourself (no more American wannabe stuff) and work hard... I hope it will pay off... don't drop out just yet.

nofuxCZ
31st May 2012, 22:12
Comeback with your selection method of '09-'10 (but a little shorter), stay true to yourself (no more American wannabe stuff) and work hard... I hope it will pay off... don't drop out just yet.

'09-'10 national finals were great! Wish they would bring it back.

A-lister
31st May 2012, 22:25
'09-'10 national finals were great! Wish they would bring it back.

Agree, that selection method was actually one of the best national selections of them all.

CypriotGirl
31st May 2012, 22:30
Well, worse performances that the Horehronie one went through to the final, and even with jury help ended in top. 5 (out-of-breath messy performance Hadise for instance).

2009 Slovak entry gave some of the best live vocals in past Eurovision editions, and juries who normally care about vocals, didn't give them a well deserved wildcard back then... oh because the ballad wasn't Disney? We will never now.

Not because of the vocals, the whole choreography was a big mess! The song was in my top 3, but after I saw it in the SF, I said "what is this goodness sake?"

I don't know why everybody is complaining about Hadise having a bad performance, she was great IMO...

A-lister
31st May 2012, 22:43
Not because of the vocals, the whole choreography was a big mess! The song was in my top 3, but after I saw it in the SF, I said "what is this goodness sake?"

I don't know why everybody is complaining about Hadise having a bad performance, she was great IMO...

I liked Hadise's entry, but her performance was both messier and more vocally off than Kristina's was, yet she ended top. 5 with juries help.

Margerita86
1st June 2012, 00:30
The difference between Hadise and Kristina is that at least Hadise choreography looked like they were dancing to the same track while Kristina's dancers looked like they were dancing to a song with a different rhythm.

Matt
1st June 2012, 00:58
I liked Hadise's entry, but her performance was both messier and more vocally off than Kristina's was, yet she ended top. 5 with juries help.

The juries didn't help her, if it was up to the juries she wouldn't have been in the Top 5 at all.

Yamarus
1st June 2012, 09:52

Düm Tek Tek was immensely catchy, and I may be wrong but it was probably charting in all of Turkey's neighbours (+ Belgium) before the Contest, giving it a headstart regardless of Hadise's (dreadful) performance.

On the other hand, Horehronie was your typical ESC song: people would hear it only once and as far as I know it did not chart anywhere except for Slovakia.

nofuxCZ
1st June 2012, 15:20
Düm Tek Tek was immensely catchy, and I may be wrong but it was probably charting in all of Turkey's neighbours (+ Belgium) before the Contest, giving it a headstart regardless of Hadise's (dreadful) performance.

On the other hand, Horehronie was your typical ESC song: people would hear it only once and as far as I know it did not chart anywhere except for Slovakia.

And in the Czech Republic :p, but I guess that doesn't count since we didn't participate that year

A-lister
1st June 2012, 15:29

I'd say "Düm Tek Tek" was more of what we heard before... some booty-shaking to a faux oriental pop-R&B rhythm in English... but maybe we are hearing different songs.

Horehronie was not your everyday ethno-pop, Hadise was.

A-lister
1st June 2012, 15:29
The juries didn't help her, if it was up to the juries she wouldn't have been in the Top 5 at all.

Point is, the juries could have put it even lower. Personally I think it as a song deserved top. 10 perhaps, but since they are very picky with voices and such they still "helped" it.

tuorem
22nd June 2012, 14:38
Kristina was clearly one of the best of the 1st semi-final in 2010.
While lots of people liked the studio version, some started criticizing her live performance, sorry to disappoint, it could have been better but it was far from being a disaster. I simply can't believe people judged only the presentation if they truly enjoyed the song...

What about the tackiness of the Portuguese and Belarussian cheeses that went through that night? :?

A-lister
22nd June 2012, 15:08
Kristina was clearly one of the best of the 1st semi-final in 2010.
While lots of people liked the studio version, some started criticizing her live performance, sorry to disappoint, it could have been better but it was far from being a disaster. I simply can't believe people judged only the presentation if they truly enjoyed the song...

What about the tackiness of the Portuguese and Belarussian cheeses that went through that night? :?

Agree wholeheartedly. In the end of the day it's a song contest, I can't believe how people can turn their back on songs they liked just because they happen not to have liked the performances? And it's not as if the performance was that bad either. Sure, it could have been better (especially the chanting parts were messes up live), but it wasn't worse than many others that went through to the final, neither vocally or performance-wise.

I think people are quite fickle in their opinions. I tend to separate songs from performance. Sure, I acknowledge that performances matter in ESC, but it's still a song contest and prior and after ESC, what I listen to are studio versions.

Horehronie to me is actually one of the best songs in Eurovision history, and although most probably agree on that, I'm sure had it entered for let's say Turkey or Greece, it would have made it to the final without problems.

tuorem
22nd June 2012, 15:59
I think people are quite fickle in their opinions. I tend to separate songs from performance. Sure, I acknowledge that performances matter in ESC, but it's still a song contest and prior and after ESC, what I listen to are studio versions.

Horehronie to me is actually one of the best songs in Eurovision history, and although most probably agree on that, I'm sure had it entered for let's say Turkey or Greece, it would have made it to the final without problems.

Sure! It would have been in the top 10 with these countries. Well, it's an endless debate but one can't deny that countries' names still matter, even with juries in.

A-lister
22nd June 2012, 16:24
Sure! It would have been in the top 10 with these countries. Well, it's an endless debate but one can't deny that countries' names still matter, even with juries in.

Certainly, for a small "insignificant" country without resources in the middle of Europe, in a voting bloc uninterested in ESC in general, without any significant diaspora group, and not eastern enough to be welcomed in the 'east family' and not western enough for the 'west family'.. it's very hard in this contest. Juries are equally biased and politicized as some voting groups.

NikkiBoy
23rd June 2012, 13:11
This years song was crap - lets face it..
Slovakia can do better! STAY! <3

A-lister
23rd June 2012, 22:30
This years song was crap - lets face it..
Slovakia can do better! STAY! <3

Agree! I hope they don't withdraw based on the failure of this year's crappy entry... however I can get why they would withdraw based on their general experiences of ESC :(

Hope they'll stay though!

Be true to yourself, no more these extreme cases of desperately trying to be Amercian (2011-2012) and failing by doing so.

NikkiBoy
25th June 2012, 19:27
Slovakia is so cool, because i don't know anything about Slovakia, so i would like to hear more music from Slovakia :-D

nofuxCZ
25th June 2012, 23:35
Slovakia is so cool, because i don't know anything about Slovakia, so i would like to hear more music from Slovakia :-D

Some of the biggest Slovak hits of past weeks/months :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8CQjV8vXJE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5gfgE-jirY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6aBseA09LE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zulTf82fkt4

TinaS
28th June 2012, 22:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUHCFIJp4hE

TinaS
30th June 2012, 23:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUmaaXy8Z1U&feature=relmfu

TinaS
30th June 2012, 23:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmc6u4A4r2c

NikkiBoy
8th July 2012, 17:42
Hope Slovakia try again! ;D

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 03:41
Hope Slovakia try again! ;D

Yup, and hope they learned that they won't do better by sending some uninspired wannabe American stuff.

I want "Eurosong" selection back! (but a bit shorter though). It really was one of the best national selection 2009-2010.

tuorem
22nd July 2012, 20:00
Yup, and hope they learned that they won't do better by sending some uninspired wannabe American stuff.

I want "Eurosong" selection back! (but a bit shorter though). It really was one of the best national selection 2009-2010.

Can't agree more. Authenticity please!

TinaS
24th July 2012, 00:42
National selection surprised me too. Btw, I heard some participants very first time.

nofuxCZ
26th July 2012, 22:54
National selection surprised me too. Btw, I heard some participants very first time.

I really liked Slovakia's national selection in 2009-2010. I think it was the main reason why ESC was quite successful in these years there. I wish our broadcaster did something similar :/
I think Slovakia will be back next year. RTVS' (Slovak national radio and TV broadcaster) economic results for the first half of 2012 looks good. (http://medialne.etrend.sk/televizia-spravy/verejnopravny-rtvs-je-v-pluse.html) (although they are afraid that there will be lower income from concession taxes next year, but government unofficially said they will try to cover the loss and that RTVS' budget next year will be same as this year's)

A-lister
26th July 2012, 23:01
I really liked Slovakia's national selection in 2009-2010. I think it was the main reason why ESC was quite successful in these years there. I wish our broadcaster did something similar :/
I think Slovakia will be back next year. RTVS' (Slovak national radio and TV broadcaster) economic results for the first half of 2012 looks good. (http://medialne.etrend.sk/televizia-spravy/verejnopravny-rtvs-je-v-pluse.html)

Yeah, that selection method was a really good one. I liked both songs that were chosen from those years (although Golden Storm - "Daj mi len den" was my favorite in the 2009 edition). I didn't like any of the wannabe American crap stuff they chose internally after that, and I hope they learned something because afterall there was a public interest during the 2009-2010 years, even if results in ESC weren't that good, but atleast it's better than having bad results, bad songs and no local interest what-so-ever. It also proves that if the broadcaster WANTS it could bring some interest to the contest (I look at you Czech Republic!).

Also, it irritates me how the German broadcaster stole the idea about showing the % televotes during the whole show and then make it out to sound like they were the first selection using that method, while it was in fact Slovakia that first used it. It was a very bad style by official EBU page and other Eurovision pages to make it a headline and not giving Slovakia's broadcaster credit for it.

I'm scared though they will drop out because of bad results :(

NikkiBoy
27th July 2012, 11:06
Yeah, that selection method was a really good one. I liked both songs that were chosen from those years (although Golden Storm - "Daj mi len den" was my favorite in the 2009 edition). I didn't like any of the wannabe American crap stuff they chose internally after that, and I hope they learned something because afterall there was a public interest during the 2009-2010 years, even if results in ESC weren't that good, but atleast it's better than having bad results, bad songs and no local interest what-so-ever. It also proves that if the broadcaster WANTS it could bring some interest to the contest (I look at you Czech Republic!).

Also, it irritates me how the German broadcaster stole the idea about showing the % televotes during the whole show and then make it out to sound like they were the first selection using that method, while it was in fact Slovakia that first used it. It was a very bad style by official EBU page and other Eurovision pages to make it a headline and not giving Slovakia's broadcaster credit for it.

I'm scared though they will drop out because of bad results :(
Let's hope they stay! :-D

nofuxCZ
14th August 2012, 16:11
New head of RTVS said he wants Slovakia in ESC. Everything depends on their budget for 2013 now.

Matt
14th August 2012, 17:59
New head of RTVS said he wants Slovakia in ESC. Everything depends on their budget for 2013 now.

Thats good news. My fingers are crossed. I've always had a soft spot for slovakia. Their time will come

A-lister
15th August 2012, 00:58

YAY! Hope they'll stay *crossing fingers*

NikkiBoy
15th August 2012, 16:46
Hope they stay! THEY WILL GO TO THE FINAL!

rajo
17th August 2012, 17:40
Celeste Buckingham go for GOLD xcheer

nofuxCZ
17th August 2012, 17:50
^^ That would be great. Unfortunately, I'm afraid she is heading in different direction - she was accepted at American university (so she will start her studies there) and also she is set to release her debut album in the US under the production of the team that has worked with Kelly Clarkson.

A-lister
17th August 2012, 19:39
^
This Celeste girl, what is her connection to Slovakia? I mean she is a Slovak artist but her name is English... anyone who knows?

I want a song in Slovak though and something more genuine, they tried to be wannabe American cheesy two years in a row now (in two different approaches) and both flopped and were crappy and forced.

Kryptonite
17th August 2012, 20:06
^
This Celeste girl, what is her connection to Slovakia? I mean she is a Slovak artist but her name is English... anyone who knows?

From her bio:

A new student of the Belmont University School of Music in Nashville, Tennessee, the 17 year-old singer and songwriter was born in Zurich Switzerland to a Swiss-American family. Before moving to Nashville,
she lived in Slovakia, where she began her singing career.

This part explains her English name and her connection to Slovakia. Here's the full bio: click (http://www.celestebuckingham.com/#!bio)

nofuxCZ
17th August 2012, 20:07
^

I want a song in Slovak though and something more genuine, they tried to be wannabe American cheesy two years in a row now (in two different approaches) and both flopped and were crappy and forced.

Her parents come from USA and Switzerland, they came to Slovakia because of their jobs when Celeste was very young.

A-lister
17th August 2012, 21:07
Her parents come from USA and Switzerland, they came to Slovakia because of their jobs when Celeste was very young.

I see, a bit confusing according to the bio... so she lived in Slovakia since she was a child or just in periods? Do she speak Slovak and sing in it or no?

nofuxCZ
18th August 2012, 03:51
I see, a bit confusing according to the bio... so she lived in Slovakia since she was a child or just in periods? Do she speak Slovak and sing in it or no?

She's got Slovak citizenship and has lived in Slovakia ever since her parents moved here. She said that she feels like Slovak :) She speaks fluent Slovak and she also sang some songs in Slovak during her participation in Czecho-Slovak Idol, but all of her post-Idol music is in english.

Kryptonite
18th August 2012, 11:25
She's got Slovak citizenship and has lived in Slovakia ever since her parents moved here. She said that she feels like Slovak :) She speaks fluent Slovak and she also sang some songs in Slovak during her participation in Czecho-Slovak Idol, but all of her post-Idol music is in english.

A-lister is not gonna like this. :lol:

nofuxCZ
18th August 2012, 13:03
A-lister is not gonna like this. :lol:

Why not? :D Loreen was in Idol as well if I'm not mistaken :D

Kryptonite
18th August 2012, 13:11
Why not? :D Loreen was in Idol as well if I'm not mistaken :D

He usually doesn't like singers that started their career in talent shows. :p

Yeah, she was. :D

nofuxCZ
18th August 2012, 13:29
He usually doesn't like singers that started their career in talent shows. :p

Yeah, she was. :D

Ah, I see. Well, I also usually don't like singers like this, but there are a few exceptions and Celeste is one of them :D

Matt
13th September 2012, 21:34
Good news,

STV, the Slovakian national broadcaster has informed that it is most likely to participate at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Malmo next May. Official confirmation in due course.

Source (http://www.esctoday.com/?p=37273)

A-lister
13th September 2012, 21:54
^

What!?!? I actually did not expect this at all tbh so I'm crossing my fingers they're staying and hopefully they learned that being totally sell-outs doesn't help. If there is not even a single trace of genuinity, then people won't support.

Anyways, hope they stay nevertheless xcheer I can forgive them for their past two desperate tries if they send something great again in 2013. Slovakia is among my favorite ESC countries of all time, but the last 2 entries were really let-downs.

CPV4931
13th September 2012, 22:08
Good news... I just hope, they don´t change their opinion (we already know it from recent years).

nofuxCZ
7th November 2012, 19:36
Klub Eurovízie - Eurovision Club Slovakia: Aj zvu (http://eurovisionclubslovakia.blogspot.sk/2012/11/aj-zvucne-mena-by-chceli-ist.html)
eurovisionclubslovakia.blogspot.com approached a few artists and asked if they would be interested in representing Slovakia in ESC next year. (Most of these artists are either former talent show contestants or they already tried it in previous Slovak NFs)

This is a list of artists who answered yes:
Mista - I'm sure you remember her from Slovak 2010 NF, she finished with the same amount of points as Kristína. This is her most recent hit MISTA - CA$H OUT (Official Videoclip HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga28iq1rDmI)
Michaella Papp Michaella - Chcem letieť (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbu7W2EBB8w)
Ivanna Bagová - winner of The Voice of CzechoSlovakia - well, she can sing but her songs suck SOOC Ivanna Bagová - I´m Not Dancing On My Own - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COXlE6IgM9M)
Katarína Landlová
current contestant on CzechoSlovakia's Got Talent (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es9j3W7oXgc)
and this is her original song: Katarina - Thieves in Love - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7okFksKklOg)
Patrícia Vittek
Patricia Vittek - Sná (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pSg0tvCc0M)
Patricia Vittek Ft. MS-2 Get Higher-Eurovision 2013 Slovakia (Candidate) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K62hToLEfU)
PapaJaM Papajam "Do What I Wanna Do" (Official Video) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLH61eINs9Q)
Martin Harich Martin Harich - Posledná pieseň (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E7MqyRyQhc)
Simona Fecková
Simona Fecková & S3RiOUS - Singing - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPVi8_xNyQ0)
Simona Fecková - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GADxscaCbjU)
Norbert Peticzky Norbert Peticzky feat. Dominika Šuláková - Love Love Love (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7SJ0PCQ5U0)
TomᚠBezdeda Tomas Bezdeda - Krasne krasna (klip) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCrThxVHzWo)
Juraj Zaujec (Martina Schindlerová's song in 2010 NF was written by Juraj Martina Schindlerová - Mozes ist - Eurosong 2010 (OFFICIAL) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lo8fewiN9o))
Juraj's original song: Juraj Zaujec - Prvá posledná - oficiálny videoklip - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HptSfQQBMn0)
Janais Janais - Prive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTbcvgYU2nU)
Mamba Dá (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLSlwtqYMiQ)

These artists would be interested but they don't have enough money to pay all the costs:
Dominika Mirgová - she would be perfect for ESC! :(
Dominika Mirgova - Nova (Official video) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZktBMOpJxQ)
Robert Burian feat. Dominika Mirgova - Kto je on (radio edit) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1JZW5w8Iow)
Sunlips SUNLIPS - Dlho h (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLHAqQh2C8c)

Well, all I can say is that Slovakia can do much better than that, but I guess top names in Slovak music are not interested.

A-lister
7th November 2012, 20:23
Klub Eurovízie - Eurovision Club Slovakia: Aj zvu (http://eurovisionclubslovakia.blogspot.sk/2012/11/aj-zvucne-mena-by-chceli-ist.html)
eurovisionclubslovakia.blogspot.com approached a few artists and asked if they would be interested in representing Slovakia in ESC next year. (Most of these artists are either former talent show contestants or they already tried it in previous Slovak NFs)

This is a list of artists who answered yes:

Patricia Vittek - Snád

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pSg0tvCc0M

Janais - Priveľa dní

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTbcvgYU2nU

Out of all clips you posted, these two are the only ones I like ^

Well, all I can say is that Slovakia can do much better than that, but I guess top names in Slovak music are not interested.

Well, considering I barely liked any of those I really hope they can come up with something better (atleast in terms of songs).

CypriotGirl
7th November 2012, 22:49
Something like this:

:D

A-lister
8th November 2012, 00:00
Something like this:

:D

Oh yes, I already suggested something like this in this thread :) Lovely :)

Since when did we agree on things? Looking at the tournament game we hardly agree, but in the country threads we seem to agree on most things :)

CypriotGirl
8th November 2012, 00:08
Oh yes, I already suggested something like this in this thread :) Lovely :)

Since when did we agree on things? Looking at the tournament game we hardly agree, but in the country threads we seem to agree on most things :)

We agree in most things for recent ESC stuff, we kinda disagree in older stuff, that's what I noticed! We had exactly the same top 3 this year in ESC, don't you remember? :o

A-lister
8th November 2012, 00:11
Patricia Vittek - Snád

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pSg0tvCc0M

Janais - Priveľa dní

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTbcvgYU2nU

So I'm officially in love with 'Snád' and 'Priveľa dní' xlisten2 xheart... (especially 'Snád')... send something like this to ESC Slovakia! Just do it!!! No English crap thank u!

A-lister
8th November 2012, 00:14
We agree in most things for recent ESC stuff, we kinda disagree in older stuff, that's what I noticed! We had exactly the same top 3 this year in ESC, don't you remember? :o

That's true! (How could I forget my partner in crime during ESC season 2012!? :lol:). Yup, it seems mostly the older stuff we disagree on.

However we totally disagree in the Greek/Cypriot threads :lol:

CypriotGirl
8th November 2012, 00:19
So I'm officially in love with 'Snád' and 'Priveľa dní' xlisten2 xheart... (especially 'Snád')... send something like this to ESC Slovakia! Just do it!!! No English crap thank u!

I didn't listen to any of the other songs posted above, but the ones you highlighted sound really nice!

'Snád': R&B ballad in Slovakian - cool!

'Priveľa dní': This is what I call "easy listening", a nice and calm song with a folk touch. Really nice!

I'm going to find both of them in mp3! :D

(@nofuxCZ, consider both of them for WorldVision!!)

CypriotGirl
8th November 2012, 00:21
That's true! (How could I forget my partner in crime during ESC season 2012!? :lol:). Yup, it seems mostly the older stuff we disagree on.

However we totally disagree in the Greek/Cypriot threads :lol:

Maybe because what you like from Greek music is something I despise. :lol: Greek pop folk is a genre that I either love a song, or hate. And I can't describe it! I like songs of the artists you mentioned, but not the ones you mentioned! :lol:

Btw, I'm gonna post a song in the Cypriot thread, let's see if you like it!

A-lister
8th November 2012, 00:22
I didn't listen to any of the other songs posted above, but the ones you highlighted sound really nice!

'Snád': R&B ballad in Slovakian - cool!

'Priveľa dní': This is what I call "easy listening", a nice and calm song with a folk touch. Really nice!

I'm going to find both of them in mp3! :D

(@nofuxCZ, consider both of them for WorldVision!!)

Well, I did briefly listen through all the clips he posted, and these two were truly the ones standing out imo, and when I took a closer listen to them I'm hooked.

What I like with 'Snád' is that although being an R&B-ballad (a genre that I think has been mistreated in ESC, there are far better examples than we got in ESC of that genre), it still has some sort of local touch (perhaps it's the language adding that dimension)... just luv it though and Slovak is really beautiful :)

A-lister
8th November 2012, 00:23
Maybe because what you like from Greek music is something I despise. :lol: Greek pop folk is a genre that I either love a song, or hate. And I can't describe it! I like songs of the artists you mentioned, but not the ones you mentioned! :lol:

Btw, I'm gonna post a song in the Cypriot thread, let's see if you like it!

Well, maybe when understanding the language and being exposed to it 'on a more daily basis' the impression differs perhaps... ;)

CypriotGirl
8th November 2012, 00:49
Well, maybe when understanding the language and being exposed to it 'on a more daily basis' the impression differs perhaps... ;)

That's true! :lol:

Mickey
15th November 2012, 22:55
According to Eurovisionary, they're sending Celeste Buckingham.

Slovakia announces Celeste Buckingham for Malmö in 2013 | Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku - EuroVisionary (http://www.eurovisionary.com/eurovision-news/slovakia-announces-celeste-buckingham-malmoe-2013)

Mickey
15th November 2012, 23:24
Eurovisionary seem to have already taken the article down.

As you were.

Matt
15th November 2012, 23:31
Eurovisionary seem to have already taken the article down.

As you were.

So false alarm it seems. But now I'm curious about this and will do some digging.

Matt
15th November 2012, 23:33
Found another article

According to soem sources on internet Slovakia has announced its bid for Malmö. Tonight RTVS apparently announced that Celeste Buckingham is going to represent the country at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest

READ MORE (http://12points.tv/esc-2013/item/1237-breaking-celeste-buckingham-for-slovakia?)

A-lister
15th November 2012, 23:33
So false alarm it seems. But now I'm curious about this and will do some digging.

Detective work! 8-)

nofuxCZ
15th November 2012, 23:34
Oh gosh, I almost had an heart attack :lol:
I'd be sooooo happy if they sent her.
Celeste released new single this week and I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF3FXbFOuIc

I'm little bit worried about her live vocals though, they were kinda shaky during her participation in Idol.

nofuxCZ
15th November 2012, 23:39
Eurovision Club Slovakia reports this news - Klub Eurovízie - Eurovision Club Slovakia: Celeste Buckingham nás bude reprezentova (http://eurovisionclubslovakia.blogspot.cz/2012/11/celeste-buckingham-nas-bude_15.html#more)

Matt
15th November 2012, 23:41
Google translator

Honey Slovakia, and the star caliber loud, Celeste Buckingham, will represent us at Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Sweden!
Celeste Buckingham interested in Czech-Slovak superstar. But the zenith shot her song "Run Run Run". Celeste now composes in the U.S. Nashville. Her latest song "Never Be You" meets the conditions of participation in Eurovision. Been issued before 1 September 2012 and has more than 3 minutes. Celeste, which was written even in Alaska or in Australia is becoming more popular star not only in Slovakia. Celeste, I hold in Malmo inches.
Bring more information as soon as possible

Matt
15th November 2012, 23:41
that sounds pretty official to me....

DannyDS
15th November 2012, 23:45
Don't like Celeste.... like, at all!

Just send the Twins again! They were fab <3

A-lister
15th November 2012, 23:46
that sounds pretty official to me....

I love how Google Translate makes it 'been issued before 1 september 2012 though :lol:

A-lister
15th November 2012, 23:47
Don't like Celeste.... like, at all!

Just send the Twins again! They were fab <3

They were looking fab, their song was cheesy though.

I decided not to listen to this Celeste song just yet, not sure if I wanna spoil myself. Is it any good?

I was hoping they would go back to Slovakian this time around... hmm

Mickey
16th November 2012, 00:17
They were looking fab, their song was cheesy though.

I decided not to listen to this Celeste song just yet, not sure if I wanna spoil myself. Is it any good?

I was hoping they would go back to Slovakian this time around... hmm

I was very impressed by her song run run run on eurovisionary's short-lived article.

You won't like it, though. She's Slovakian-American and you can tell.

A-lister
16th November 2012, 00:24
I was very impressed by her song run run run on eurovisionary's short-lived article.

You won't like it, though. She's Slovakian-American and you can tell.

"Run Run Run"? But the rumored entry is the one posted on the previous page "Never Be You"... "Run Run Run" is a decent song, a bit Adele-ish, but still a bit boring I think.

Well I know she's American... or sort of. She's Swiss- born and half- American, half- Swiss (I don't even know how she's related to Slovakia other than growing up there though...).

Well, I was hoping they were dropping their wannabe- American desperation they tried two years in a row now :/ But I mean if the song is good, but I was hoping for something more genuine and back to basics from them this time around.

We'll see.. still haven't listened to the song though, but how is that song though (Never Be You)?

penguinperson
16th November 2012, 08:35
I think the song is good for Slovakia. It is very American sounding and not really keen on the pauses throughout. It is a bit music in the background.

daniels1000
16th November 2012, 10:57
xwoo Celeste would be really great! xcheer

DannyDS
16th November 2012, 11:59
Ehh no.. we have enough wannabe-American stuff. Europe is losing its identity...

nofuxCZ
16th November 2012, 13:51
Of course it sounds American, Celeste is half-American so it does make sense.
The thing is that people here would say about almost all Slovak mainstream music that it sounds American.

Anyway, what I admire about Celeste is that she writes all of her music herself, including lyrics! She's mature way beyond her years and she has a class :)

A-lister
16th November 2012, 14:08
Ehh no.. we have enough wannabe-American stuff. Europe is losing its identity...

I agree right? Is there some sort of natural-law that we must have American contemporary pop? (not that most of the wannabe American stuff in ESC is much contemporary, on contrary its mostly dated stuff). I thought ESC was a celebration of European music, but obviously not. This is just cultural imperialism, nothing else, and people don't even question this fact.

nofuxCZ
16th November 2012, 15:05
It's funny, many songs by big American stars like Rihanna, Beyoncé etc. were written by Europeans. Not to mention that since late 00s, European music has been influencing the American one, which has transformed to more electronic/dance sounding. Some people call this new European influence on American urban scene "euro-hop" 'Euro-hop' music invades America - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/08/eurohop.music/index.html)

With internet, TV and other mass medias, you can't stop international influence on Slovak music. It's just the way it is and this is how Slovak music sounds these days. You won't find many Slovak songs that sound purely "Slovak" - tbh, I don't even know what it's typical Slovak sound, except for traditional folk songs. Kristína's Horehronie also is not Slovak-sounding song.

A-lister
16th November 2012, 15:25
It's funny, many songs by big American stars like Rihanna, Beyoncé etc. were written by Europeans. Not to mention that since late 00s, European music has been influencing the American one, which has transformed to more electronic/dance sounding. Some people call this new European influence on American urban scene "euro-hop" 'Euro-hop' music invades America - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/08/eurohop.music/index.html)

With internet, TV and other mass medias, you can't stop international influence on Slovak music. It's just the way it is and this is how Slovak music sounds these days. You won't find many Slovak songs that sound purely "Slovak" - tbh, I don't even know what it's typical Slovak sound, except for traditional folk songs. Kristína's Horehronie also is not Slovak-sounding song.

Well, the first sentence is very much true. Many of the worldwide hits are in fact made by Europeans (mostly Swedes but in Rihanna's case Stargate production duo is also very present and they're Norwegian). But the sound is some sort of American-ized fusion nevertheless, it's just that Europeans have been good at absorbing this. I mean those Swedish production teams aren't producing 'Swedish music' actually, they produce music FOR the American market and with that market in mind... and there's a difference.

It's true though that especially during the past years, Euro-pop/dance have been very influential on the international scene. Still though, it's an international fusion phenomenon and isn't the point of ESC to emphasize the local? If all just sound like one big blend of what is internationally "in at the moment" it becomes very boring and pointless. I mean there are forums for that aswell, why does EVERYTHING have to be that way? Isn't there a space for something like ESC aswell? Again, there's no natural-law deciding what should be contemporary music, and it's quite sad that people just accept the American/Anglo-Saxic cultural imperialism without even questioning it. I think there's room for different type of music and Europeans should embrace their own musical traditions aswell, because right now it feels like the music is dictated from the American charts to a certain extent. I don't have anything against American or contemporary international music in general, but I'm against the idea that this is some sort of standard that everyone has to follow and there's no room for anything else, ESPECIALLY when it comes to a concept like ESC.

Horehronie for sure is more Slovak than some Americanized pop song now isn't it? :? Atleast it used the local language, English is not the mother-tongue of Slovakians.

nofuxCZ
16th November 2012, 17:23
It's true though that especially during the past years, Euro-pop/dance have been very influential on the international scene. Still though, it's an international fusion phenomenon and isn't the point of ESC to emphasize the local? If all just sound like one big blend of what is internationally "in at the moment" it becomes very boring and pointless. I mean there are forums for that aswell, why does EVERYTHING have to be that way? Isn't there a space for something like ESC aswell? Again, there's no natural-law deciding what should be contemporary music, and it's quite sad that people just accept the American/Anglo-Saxic cultural imperialism without even questioning it. I think there's room for different type of music and Europeans should embrace their own musical traditions aswell, because right now it feels like the music is dictated from the American charts to a certain extent. I don't have anything against American or contemporary international music in general, but I'm against the idea that this is some sort of standard that everyone has to follow and there's no room for anything else, ESPECIALLY when it comes to a concept like ESC.

Well, I do understand your point. Radios and music TV stations are pretty much dominated by American/British music and local scene is slowly adapting to that, but local-sounding artists also get the chance to be heard. Slovakia sent non-American sounding artists to ESC in 90s, 2009 and 2010 but none of it worked, so I don't blame them that they try a different approach.
Actually, their 2011 song (definitely the most American and fake sounding) brought them the best result.

Horehronie for sure is more Slovak than some Americanized pop song now isn't it? :? Atleast it used the local language, English is not the mother-tongue of Slovakians.

Slovak language was the only Slovak thing about that song, because the music was more balkan than Slovak. I didn't make that up, that's what Slovaks were writing at discussion forums.

CC92
16th November 2012, 17:58
@ nofux Have you ever submitted a Celeste song to FSC? I am not a fan of her but I think many people there would go crazy about it.

As for the Slovak entries, well, I consider Modlitba one of the most robbed entries in ESC history. Nevertheless 1998 was a different time, things have changed since then, and I am optimistic it would fare better nowadays. I also like their 2009 and 2010 tries but I can see why they did not go down that well with the average viewers (one was too 'artistic'; the other was butchered live on stage). 2011 was one of the biggest nonsenses in a weak year if you ask me and merely appreciated by those brain-damaged 'jurors'; Europe at least did not like it better than their other efforts.
Seriously, I believe an accessible Slavonic tune (like the one below) might be the safest way to bring them their first success. But nothing is ever for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOF0BuAxznE

nofuxCZ
16th November 2012, 18:21
@ nofux Have you ever submitted a Celeste song to FSC? I am not a fan of her but I think many people there would go crazy about it.

Oh, you don't remember? Celeste won september edition of FSC with Run Run Run

Seriously, I believe an accessible Slavonic tune (like the one below) might be the safest way to bring them their first success. But nothing is ever for sure.

Well, Pokoj v duši is great, but I don't think Jana Kirschner would ever go to ESC. She belongs to the category of very popular female pop singers like Mária Čírová, Katarína Knechtová or Zuzana Smatanová. It would be awesome if one of them represented Slovakia, but unfortunately I think they are not interested in ESC (except for Mária who participated in 2009 Slovak NF with this Mária (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOeO2ux0sWM) )

Mickey
16th November 2012, 19:13
"Run Run Run"? But the rumored entry is the one posted on the previous page "Never Be You"... "Run Run Run" is a decent song, a bit Adele-ish, but still a bit boring I think.

Well I know she's American... or sort of. She's Swiss- born and half- American, half- Swiss (I don't even know how she's related to Slovakia other than growing up there though...).

Well, I was hoping they were dropping their wannabe- American desperation they tried two years in a row now :/ But I mean if the song is good, but I was hoping for something more genuine and back to basics from them this time around.

We'll see.. still haven't listened to the song though, but how is that song though (Never Be You)?

Sorry, I was working on the basis that you hadn't heard of her and were asking a more generic question of whether she's any good.

The song's alright. I prefer run, run, run.

CC92
16th November 2012, 19:38
@ nofux Have you ever submitted a Celeste song to FSC? I am not a fan of her but I think many people there would go crazy about it. Oh, you don't remember? Celeste won september edition of FSC with Run Run Run

:lol: That perfectly sums up how boring I found it. It participated under Rest of the world if I remember correctly and I somehow got confused with Czechian and Slovakian artists thus was mixing them up.

Well, Pokoj v duši is great, but I don't think Jana Kirschner would ever go to ESC. She belongs to the category of very popular female pop singers like Mária Čírová, Katarína Knechtová or Zuzana Smatanová. It would be awesome if one of them represented Slovakia, but unfortunately I think they are not interested in ESC (except for Mária who participated in 2009 Slovak NF with this Mária (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOeO2ux0sWM) )

Aren't there also less prestigious or famous singers doing this or a similar folk pop style? In the end it depends on the song (and therefore the authors) and not so much on the singer. Mária's song is nice but quite generic.

nofuxCZ
16th November 2012, 19:58
Aren't there also less prestigious or famous singers doing this or a similar folk pop style? In the end it depends on the song (and therefore the authors) and not so much on the singer. Mária's song is nice but quite generic.
Can't think of any right now.

SLOVAKIA IS OUT according to this article Slovenská ú (http://www.eurovisionsk.blogspot.sk/2012/11/slovenska-ucast-na-eurovizii-opat.html) :?
I will add translation in a minute

nofuxCZ
16th November 2012, 20:09
Slovensko na Eurovízii v roku 2013 nebude | O médiách (http://www.omediach.com/tv/item/238-slovensko-na-eurovizii-v-roku-2013-nebude)

Several Eurovision fansites reported that Celeste Buckingham will represent Slovakia at Eurovision next year.

"Slovakia's sweetheart and vocal superstar, Celeste Buckingham, will represent us at Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Sweden!", writes Eurovisionclubslovakia on its website.(...). According to information that we (omediach.com) have, RTVS won't take part in next year's contest. It was confirmed to us by a reliable source in RTVS.
(...)
We asked RTVS to comment on this, but we are still waiting for the reply.

Welcome to another series of Slovak Eurovision reality-show :lol:

DannyDS
16th November 2012, 22:02
Just import the Moranbong Band from the DPRK and win the damn thing!

A-lister
18th November 2012, 15:42
Can't think of any right now.

SLOVAKIA IS OUT according to this article Slovenská ú (http://www.eurovisionsk.blogspot.sk/2012/11/slovenska-ucast-na-eurovizii-opat.html) :?
I will add translation in a minute

WHAT!? I hope not... plz stay xcry

I have a real deja-vu now :(

A-lister
18th November 2012, 15:43

As for the Slovak entries, well, I consider Modlitba one of the most robbed entries in ESC history. Nevertheless 1998 was a different time, things have changed since then, and I am optimistic it would fare better nowadays. I also like their 2009 and 2010 tries but I can see why they did not go down that well with the average viewers (one was too 'artistic'; the other was butchered live on stage). 2011 was one of the biggest nonsenses in a weak year if you ask me and merely appreciated by those brain-damaged 'jurors'; Europe at least did not like it better than their other efforts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOF0BuAxznE

I pretty much agree with all said here!

CypriotGirl
18th November 2012, 17:35
First I saw the articles about Celeste and I was uber happy, but now I see that their participation is not even sure anymore. :?

Celeste Buckingham would be a perfect choice! Her music style is really fresh and her new song "Never Be You" is great! If she sounds "American" or not, that's another story, and to me it sounds more British pop than American. And LOL at calling her "imported". She lives in Slovakia since she was 3 years old. :?

These annoying discussions in all pages from beginning to end about songs sounding American or about the use native languages make me not want to open any countries' threads because I know what I will read there. Just mention once or twice and don't repeat it ten times in each page. :?

Knubelznarm
18th November 2012, 18:07
I feel weird about Celeste Buckingham. I really wated her to represent Slovakia this year. Her song "Nobody Knows" is brilliant, but her other songs are pretty plain and boring imo.
But let's see if Slovakia will even participate, to start with...

CC92
18th November 2012, 23:34
^^ Congrats, FoFo. Comments like yours tell us that it has not sunk in yet. Still a lot of work to do. :?

:lol:

CypriotGirl
18th November 2012, 23:42
^^ Congrats, FoFo. Comments like yours tell us that it has not sunk in yet. Still a lot of work to do. :?

:lol:

I meant that I am one of the persons who prefers the use of native languages and the songs to have elements from the country they represent, but I don't mention it in every single page of each thread... And we need songs that have modern mainstream sounds as well, otherwise it would be very boring. If some people like you dislike anything modern and mainstream that doesn't have folk influences, then it's another story... :?

CC92
18th November 2012, 23:47
^ I got your point, just wanted to tease you a little bit. To make it easier graspable I even put a laughing smiley at the end (normally I do not :lol:).

A-lister
19th November 2012, 01:51
These annoying discussions in all pages from beginning to end about songs sounding American or about the use native languages make me not want to open any countries' threads because I know what I will read there. Just mention once or twice and don't repeat it ten times in each page. :?

Annoying for you perhaps, important for others... so then just ignore these discussions if they annoy you that much xshrug

Nothing will change my point of view, I think it's a pity that the original concept of ESC is dying and that all is striving to sound the same.

nofuxCZ
19th November 2012, 23:03
Still no official response to the rumors. So meanwhile let's take a look at the official video of "Never Be You" :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uGd_pmafy4

CypriotGirl
21st November 2012, 18:47
Still no official response to the rumors. So meanwhile let's take a look at the official video of "Never Be You" :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uGd_pmafy4

Great!!

Pls send it in next WV edition!

Matt
22nd November 2012, 19:22
According to 12points.tv

we've today heard rumours that Slovakia is going to drop out too. Slovakia had not announced their participation yet, but through informal channels the news about it was allready spread. Names of possible participant had even already been mentioned. Now different fansites are claiming the withdrawal. We will await an official confirmation of this news by the Slovak broadcaster.

A-lister
22nd November 2012, 19:32
According to 12points.tv

we've today heard rumours that Slovakia is going to drop out too. Slovakia had not announced their participation yet, but through informal channels the news about it was allready spread. Names of possible participant had even already been mentioned. Now different fansites are claiming the withdrawal. We will await an official confirmation of this news by the Slovak broadcaster.

Deja-vu

Disturbing to see potentially half of Central-Europe out :( It just doesn't feel right to see Europe entering EUROvision with only half of its heart :(

GRE
26th November 2012, 10:15
Well its official that Slovakia is not entering esc...yet!
Slavomira Kubickova, Head of the International Department at STV, told escXtra.com in a phone conversation this morning:

No decision has been made about our participation. There is an EBU deadline and within that time, you will hear what we will do for Malmö.

daniels1000
26th November 2012, 15:36
Slavomira Kubickova, Head of the International Department at STV, told escXtra.com in a phone conversation this morning:

No decision has been made about our participation. There is an EBU deadline and within that time, you will hear what we will do for Malmö.

I'm not optimistic :( :(

Hoping, hoping xcrossed

A-lister
26th November 2012, 17:03

Can we trust escXtra though? Sometimes it seems fan-pages comes up with their own 'news'.

If true though, it looks like they won't enter on this answer :(

Please stay!!!!

EurovisionPhoenix
1st December 2012, 19:47
I really hope they will join ESC 2013, because I really loved all of their entries (from 2009-2012). Unfortunately they never got many points :(

Please stay Slovakia :) ♥ !!!

Sean
4th December 2012, 17:49
Slovakia withdraws

Slovakia will not be in Malmö | esctoday.com (http://www.esctoday.com/?p=39448)

wyq614
4th December 2012, 17:49
Confirmed: Slovakia out of Malmo ...

daniels1000
4th December 2012, 17:52
xcry1

Jukica
4th December 2012, 17:52
I didn't like their ESC 2012 entry, but I'm sorry for them :(

Milos-BC
4th December 2012, 17:57
Sad, but quite expected :( This ESC simply doesn't smell good since the beginning and we are obviously destined to have one bad news after another.

dezbee2008
4th December 2012, 17:57
That's sad. That's two countries out already. :(

dragvision
4th December 2012, 18:01
Who are the next? After Portugal decision many nations are think to withrew.

EscGeek
4th December 2012, 18:02
Who are the next? After Portugal decision many nations are think to withrew.

Slovenia,Greece and Cyprus are next xcry1

Narmina
4th December 2012, 18:04
:( no comments

Starmania
4th December 2012, 18:13
At least i discovered Celeste Buckingham thanks to these ESC talks :)

A-lister
4th December 2012, 18:38
xcry

I blame the juries (and viewers) for this! Overlooked in almost all their tries!!! xcry

Expected though, I'm surprised they didn't withdraw until now though...

You will be missed :(

CPV4931
4th December 2012, 18:39
A few month ago, we hoped for a new record and now the number of participants gets smaller and smaller -.-

A-lister
4th December 2012, 18:44
A few month ago, we hoped for a new record and now the number of participants gets smaller and smaller -.-

I know right? xcry

There are certainly different factors for this, but I'm pretty sure those awful new 'corrupt producers chose the line-up' rules certainly didn't help to boost interest...

In Slovakia's case it's years of bad treatment by especially juries (but of course also viewers), always overlooked for not belonging to a bloc or having a large diaspora...

dragvision
4th December 2012, 18:44
yes wizar the last month we hoped for a new record of nations, yes now we have, but is a record of not taking part nations :lol::lol:

A-lister
4th December 2012, 18:50
EBU really should look into this, it's something wrong in a continental contest where its heart-countries are failing year after year. Literary all Central- European countries are struggling in this contest. I'm NOT suggesting special treatment or anything, but these are certainly overlooked countries that have problems for not belonging to any bloc or diaspora helping group.

BGN
4th December 2012, 18:53
I know right? xcry

There are certainly different factors for this, but I'm pretty sure those awful new 'corrupt producers chose the line-up' certainly didn't help to boost interest...

In Slovakia's case it's years of bad treatment by especially juries (but of course also viewers), always overlooked for not belonging to a bloc or having a large diaspora...

Countries like Slovakia have to send something extraordinary in order even to qualify while many others don't need to put big efforts to do it. While so, countries like them and some others will be less and less enthusiastic about their future in Eurovision. EBU should do something, but riging the draw is not the answer, definately!
It's very depressing to fail year after year no matter the efforts you put in this and I can understand them very well.

A-lister
4th December 2012, 18:57
Countries like Slovakia have to send something extraordinary in order even to qualify while many others don't need to put big efforts to do it. While so, countries like them and some others will be less and less enthusiastic about their future in Eurovision. EBU should do something, but riging the draw is not the answer, definately!
It's very depressing to fail year after year no matter the efforts you put in this and I can understand them very well.

Agree, Slovakia has been struggling undeservingly in ESC since the 90's, back then juries put them last, but now nothing changed. No matter WHAT they sent basically they got overlooked every-time, while some countries can literary qualify with pretty cr*p entries (even with the help of juries).

I guess some countries are just not 'important enough' and it shows that ESC is way more politically motivated than musically motivated.

Matt
4th December 2012, 19:00
I'm quite depressed as I stayed hopeful until the last minute. I'm just hoping the EBU is going to do something cause this doesn't look good.

Matt
4th December 2012, 19:03
I know right? xcry

Seriously? The juries were a lot more kind towards the Slovakian entries including one Top 10 in the Semis, if you wanna continue your constant jury bash talk, at least get your facts straight.

nofuxCZ
4th December 2012, 19:07
I'm so sad :( I still hoped they would stay.
At least they don't withdraw because of the bad results, but because of the difficult financial situation, so I hope they will be back in 2014! :)

A-lister
4th December 2012, 19:09
Seriously? The juries were a lot more kind towards the Slovakian entries including one Top 10 in the Semis, if you wanna continue your constant jury bash talk, at least get your facts straight.

You're kidding right? Did you miss the 90's years when Slovakia always ended up in the bottom with 100% jury vote?

They supported ONE Slovakian entry from 90's through Slovakia's comeback years in the 00's-10's... ONE entry!... an Americanized dated nonsense ballad... did they support the extremely well sung 2009 ballad in Slovakian for instance ? No... and again don't forget the 90's years! (when the juries controlled the outcome fully!).

My so called 'jury bashing' is spot on when it comes to Slovakia... Out of all entries they sent they got jury "support" once, and that was 'just' a semi-final top. 10...

I know we got a very different opinion about the juries, but I'm not the one with wrong facts this time around... since you can't just overlook Eurovision history to make a point. You used an exception as an example.

Matt
4th December 2012, 19:17
Lol, 1998 already had already televotes so if you only 1994 & 1996 would apply based on your logic. Considering that all Slovakian entries were considered (by the majority keep that in mind) as bad it shouldn't have come as a surprise.

And you can't really use data from back in the day and compare it with the most recent events as juries back then were totally different from what we have today. You're comparing apples and oranges here. The reality is that since the new system the televoters never put Slovakia in the top 10, the juries did once (the new jury setup).
So saying they especially need to be blamed just comes out of your pure bias hatred towards juries.

LalehForWD
4th December 2012, 19:27
So sad Slovakia is out. The only contribution I can recall is Kristina - Horehronie @ ESC 2010 though. I loved the song and didn't understand why she failed to qualify to the final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kghCqyMLPFA

A-lister
4th December 2012, 19:27
Lol, 1998 already had already televotes so if you only 1994 & 1996 would apply based on your logic. Considering that all Slovakian entries were considered (by the majority keep that in mind) as bad it shouldn't have come as a surprise.

And you can't really use data from back in the day and compare it with the most recent events as juries back then were totally different from what we have today. You're comparing apples and oranges here. The reality is that since the new system the televoters never put Slovakia in the top 10, the juries did once (the new jury setup).
So saying they especially need to be blamed just comes out of your pure bias hatred towards juries.

Ok, it's true 1998 was almost fully televotes (with the exception of some countries), however I CAN compare the systems. Surely it's not the same people in the juries, but with that logic you can't compare 2012 to 2011 aswell xshrug So yes, you do want to give the juries credit by overlooking all the years in the past.

And the fact that they supported a totally non- Slovakian song is even more degrading to Slovakia for having tried for years staying true to themselves. In the end of the day, out of all their tries where juries have been involved (100% in '94, '96, limited in '98 and then 50% in '09-'12) they got 'some' love from juries at only one single occasion and basically it was a kick in the head anyways 'now we will help you when you send a song that has nothing to do with you'. I mean the juries could have helped them out in the '09 for instance? But chose not to...

In the end of the day, Slovakia remains one of the 'non-important' countries in this... not politically important for juries or televoters... and I'm pretty sure that the songs you call 'bad' would have faired better if they competed for some more 'lucky' countries.

DanielLuis
4th December 2012, 19:29
You're kidding right? Did you miss the 90's years when Slovakia always ended up in the bottom with 100% jury vote?

They supported ONE Slovakian entry from 90's through Slovakia's comeback years in the 00's-10's... ONE entry!... an Americanized dated nonsense ballad... did they support the extremely well sung 2009 ballad in Slovakian for instance ? No... and again don't forget the 90's years! (when the juries controlled the outcome fully!).

My so called 'jury bashing' is spot on when it comes to Slovakia... Out of all entries they sent they got jury "support" once, and that was 'just' a semi-final top. 10...

I know we got a very different opinion about the juries, but I'm not the one with wrong facts this time around... since you can't just overlook Eurovision history to make a point. You used an exception as an example.

There wasnt a jury on the 2009 semi-finals.

A-lister
4th December 2012, 19:30
There wasnt a jury on the 2009 semi-finals.

Yes there was! There were back-up juries choosing the 10th finalist.

A-lister
4th December 2012, 19:32
So sad Slovakia is out. The only contribution I can recall is Kristina - Horehronie @ ESC 2010 though. I loved the song and didn't understand why she failed to qualify to the final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kghCqyMLPFA

The non-qualification of Kristina is one of the biggest crimes of ESC history! It's a prove that if you're a country with heavy diaspora you can almost get away with anything, or if you're an "important" country you can atleast get some jury love... it's a proof that ESC is not a contest to showcase local music but to send songs in English with no local motives what-so-ever...

It's basically a proof of all what's wrong with ESC! A tiny Central-European country trying to stay true to itself, send entries in their own language fails because of lack of 'friends' and political insignificance.

Terence
4th December 2012, 20:34
For me the best (and only good) Slovakian moment is Modlitba!

So underrated, should've finished at least top 10!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G9m6m4ctmQ

And I was one of the few who expected 'Horehronie' to fail to qualify!

DanielLuis
4th December 2012, 20:39
Yes there was! There were back-up juries choosing the 10th finalist.
Wells, Slovakia could have finished 2nd in the jury voting. How can you know?

Matt
4th December 2012, 20:39
Actually I am no fan of the old juries either but the point is blaming the juries MORE than the televoters doesn't make sense. You can maybe blame them equally but that's about it. And I also didn't think that Slovakia would qualify in 2010 which was one of the weakest and most repetitive entries that year.

dizzydjc
4th December 2012, 21:39
Such a shame, an underrated country now no longer participating.

I'm in serious hope that an underrated country (such as Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovenia etc) wins in 2013. Would hopefully ignite some hope into Slovakia and other countries maybe?

DanielLuis
4th December 2012, 21:44
To be honest, since their return, the only entreies that could have qualified were 2009 and 2010. And 2010 wasn't that well performed live. 2009 though should have qualified to the final, definetely.

Mickey
4th December 2012, 21:56
So we've had one confirmed artist and on confirmed withdrawal so far. Slovakia seem to be up to their usual tricks. I'll mourn their departure if they're still out of ESC at the end of the month.

When's the deadline by the way?

Jim
4th December 2012, 21:56
Very bad news about Slovakia! But I've read recently here in the forums that we have some chances for Portugal! :?

BGN
4th December 2012, 22:12
When's the deadline by the way?

A-lister
4th December 2012, 22:38
Actually I am no fan of the old juries either but the point is blaming the juries MORE than the televoters doesn't make sense. You can maybe blame them equally but that's about it. And I also didn't think that Slovakia would qualify in 2010 which was one of the weakest and most repetitive entries that year.

That's your subjective opinion about the song, would it compete for Turkey, Greece or Russia it would have qualified 100% though no matter what you thought about it. FAAAAAAAAAAR worse songs made it to the finals (I can give you a list) and not because they were presented better or more quality, simply because they represented the 'right' countries. Anyways, no matter one's subjective opinion on the songs, it shouldn't come to a surprise to anyone with a slight insight on ESC that the voting isn't really 100% fair (we'd be lucky if it's even 50% fair at times). So with this particular entry it may have not fit your own taste and therefor you find it ok that it didn't make it, fair enough, alot would argue differently though but in the end of the day I'm 100% sure it would have made it had it competed for some other countries.

I also blame the televoters, but it doesn't change the fact that juries have always underrated Slovakia except for that one time they sent a try at a dated cheese ballad in English that had zero to do with their country really (and yes I combine all years the country taken part, that includes those 90's 100% jury years aswell). Their treatment of their '09 entry and their favoring other stuff just shows the politicization and hypocrisy of the juries... I mean if they cared so much for 'vocal talent ballads' then it's a mystery to me how they could have overlooked one of the best vocally performed ballads of ESC in a whole decade xshrug

A-lister
4th December 2012, 22:46
Wells, Slovakia could have finished 2nd in the jury voting. How can you know?

Then it would have made it to the finals probably as far I know...

A-lister
4th December 2012, 22:48
To be honest, since their return, the only entreies that could have qualified were 2009 and 2010. And 2010 wasn't that well performed live. 2009 though should have qualified to the final, definetely.

I totally agree.... 2010 was imo an amazing song, still is, but it failed on its live presentation. 2009 might be difficult for some, but it was vocally very well performed and if things would have been treated 'right' it would have been the 'Suus' of 2009... and could have been if it was for another country I'm afraid.

A-lister
4th December 2012, 22:51
Such a shame, an underrated country now no longer participating.

I'm in serious hope that an underrated country (such as Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovenia etc) wins in 2013. Would hopefully ignite some hope into Slovakia and other countries maybe?

Agree, chances for a Slovak comeback are the highest if Hungary would win I'd say. Also some other Central-European countries that have been unlucky in this like Austria or Switzerland.

I actually cross my fingers for an 'odd' winner in 2013, but of course the country need to have a good song for it to be fair... but it would do ESC good if some country that have very little luck in this and few 'helpers' wins.

BGN
4th December 2012, 23:06
Agree, chances for a Slovak comeback are the highest if Hungary would win I'd say. Also some other Central-European countries that have been unlucky in this like Austria or Switzerland.

I actually cross my fingers for an 'odd' winner in 2013, but of course the country need to have a good song for it to be fair... but it would do ESC good if some country that have very little luck in this and few 'helpers' wins.

Since the producers can influence very much the winner with the new rule for not random allocation draw, I can't imagine that country which is not from the 'right' ones could win. I will be more than excited if we see in the final just some surprising qualifiers.

Scooby
4th December 2012, 23:09
Expected decision

Mickey
5th December 2012, 00:20
... I mean if they cared so much for 'vocal talent ballads' then it's a mystery to me how they could have overlooked one of the best vocally performed ballads of ESC in a whole decade xshrug....

That's your subjective opinion about the song

A-lister
5th December 2012, 00:49
^
Hmm care to share what's on your mind perhaps? ;)

nofuxCZ
5th December 2012, 01:12
I still hope they will change their mind and decide to stay. Something like that happened in 2011 and 2012, right? I'm naive I guess.
Whom will I root for next year? :( Slovakia is like my second home country...

Too bad this song didn't qualify, otherwise it would be my favourite Slovak entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfsFfjnj2A0#t=02m06s

LakZaNokte
5th December 2012, 01:14
Whom will I root for next year? :(
u can root for ::hr xyaaay

CC92
5th December 2012, 19:27
Wells, Slovakia could have finished 2nd in the jury voting. How can you know?Then it would have made it to the finals probably as far I know...

Not if they had had Croatia first. That's extremely unlikely though.