PDA

View Full Version : POLAND 2013 - not taking part

escYOUnited
27th April 2012, 05:09
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/graphics/flags/large/pl-lgflag.gif

dizzydjc
27th April 2012, 17:32
Poland should come back and deliver an absolute blinding song and get a strong Top 10 result

Matt
27th April 2012, 17:59
TBH, I am having doubts about poland's return next year. It seems that they found a "loophole" to withdraw and if I am not mistaken they decided not to broadcast this years contest making them not eligible to return. I'm not trying to be pessimistic but I have a feeling they're joining the Czech republic.

Sean
27th April 2012, 18:19
I'm pretty sure that the broadcasting rule is no longer in effect, as I've read every single time somebody tries to use that reason :lol:

I'm hoping Poland comes back but regardless I have a feeling that unless another broadcaster picks it up, they'll be out for a while...

Matt
27th April 2012, 18:30
I believe that rule is still in effect however the EBU on occasion bends the rules so I could see them letting them in afterall

But despite of that, as you said the broadcaster has 0 interest in the contest and they had the perfect excuse to withdraw

NikkiBoy
27th April 2012, 18:34
I hope that ::cz, ::pl and ::am return!
And maybe Liechtenstein debuts?

CPV4931
27th April 2012, 20:12
According to German blog Eurofire, this rule doesn┤t exist anymore (f.e. ESC didn┤t broadcast ESC 2010 and joined in 2011).
I still hope for a return from Poland.

Charly
27th April 2012, 20:59
Well the Head did not ruled out a return so ATM it is 50/50

Jim
28th April 2012, 21:57
Maybe Poland won't come back next year...

GRE
28th April 2012, 22:08
I also believe Poland will not come back...

NikkiBoy
28th April 2012, 23:20
I really not understand why ::pl Poland withdraw? EM for Football is first at summer? I love Poland in Eurovision - They have to be back next year!

Sabiondo
2nd May 2012, 05:30
I really not understand why ::pl Poland withdraw? EM for Football is first at summer? I love Poland in Eurovision - They have to be back next year!

They not have any interest in ESC anymore because almost nobody in Europe, apreciate the Polish music & artists. The only reazon for they will take part is that their interest on Polish music grow up again and them will had a comeback return ala Italy 2011 :p

NikkiBoy
3rd May 2012, 17:45
I liked Jestem!

A-lister
3rd May 2012, 17:50
They not have any interest in ESC anymore because almost nobody in Europe, apreciate the Polish music & artists. The only reazon for they will take part is that their interest on Polish music grow up again and them will had a comeback return ala Italy 2011 :p

Well, to be honest though, what they send is not representative of their music scene. They mostly send real amateurs with demo-like songs, no popular names want to take part in this.

"Jestem" was the first Polish entry in years that felt more in line with popular Polish music, aswell as a finished product, but the problem was that the performance turned out a mess.

Also, Poland doesn't belong to a voting block, they don't really have any "supporters" in this, and although they have a quite large diaspora, contrary to countries like Turkey and Greece, their diaspora doesn't give a sh*t about this contest (sort of like the country itself doesn't care), and they don't seem so nationalistic obsessed to support every single step Poland take (whether it's good or bad).

NikkiBoy
4th May 2012, 12:08
::pl Poland is so nice!

rajo
4th May 2012, 13:05
Kocham cię, Polska!

NikkiBoy
25th May 2012, 16:03
The commentators said that Poland possible return to ESC 2013 :D

Andrzej1987
25th May 2012, 18:19
TVP has problems with financial liquidity (basically practically no one is paying the television licence) so we might not come back for a few years unless of course a miracle happens.

NikkiBoy
25th May 2012, 18:22
Oh lets see, i think Poland will be back :D

Andrzej1987
25th May 2012, 19:12
I'm hopeful too, it's always better to be in than out plus I want to vote for my favourite songs (this year Baku Crystal Hall had our flag when Malta was on stage - a small consolation prize :D

NikkiBoy
25th May 2012, 21:31
Yes, hope to see Poland in 2013 :D

evija87
25th May 2012, 21:46
I want us back, but first TVP must reconsider their selection process, maybe choose internally. Our media should also work on that because they keep saying that it's bad, kitch contest (often writing/showing about gimmicks instead of good entries) and etc. people are negative, press criticise and attacks our representatives even sometimes (like 2008). They have to build more positive image of the contest, show the good sides of it, good songs maybe less interested people will not be that sceptical and critic and be more able to accept defeat. TVP even don't have any concept how to deal with Eurovision so I don't know when we will be back. It's true what Andrzej wrote, they are a mess. Supreme board/chamber of control (sorry don't know good name for that-google translate) showed in their report recently that TVP overstated their income for about 15M zloty and underestimnated loss for 14M if I remember well. They have to make more and more cuts, they don't have too much interesting programs, TV series mostly also lots of thematic channels, so a lot of costs + riddicolousy high star contracts for journalists and TV series stars. People are not intetested in their offer, complain about quality and don't pay the TV license to show the dissaproval and also other reasons. It's like domino falling piece by piece.

NikkiBoy
25th May 2012, 22:34
Go ::pl Poland :D

No Name
26th May 2012, 19:04
I would looooooove to have Poland back in ESC. I've discovered so many great Polish acts lately that I'd love to see in ESC one day.

A few of the acts that would make an incredible Polish entrant one day includes Enej (click on my siggy if you wanna know more), Czeslaw Spiewa, Brodka, or SuperXiu.

Provided that the song you send is not similar to Jestem in any way: Please come back Poland!

stanleyk
27th May 2012, 02:06
The problem with Eurovision in Poland is both the broadcaster and the other media. First, people consider ESC to be a festival of kitsch, and TVP does not really support the chosen song. The choosing process itself is a little weird, with the jury openly claiming that they vote for bands which could success on the local market, not in Europe. Next, all the other media stations and websites keep on saying how bad the song is and how pathetic we are in this, and after the artist loses they go again how bad of a performer they are and how annoying songs they sing etc. Therefore, most artists in Poland do not want to participate, because it usually means an end (or at least a long gap) of career. And it goes in circles, we cannot chose anyone popular, so we send sh*t etc...

NikkiBoy
27th May 2012, 10:28
If Poland come back and we are in same Semifinal i'll vote for Poland ::pl :D

AlekS
27th May 2012, 22:22
Poland didn't broadcast ESC '12 which means it's safe to add "not participating" to the title. Though I'll wait until official word from the broadcaster.

Quent91
27th May 2012, 22:22
I don't think they'll come back to the competition...

NikkiBoy
27th May 2012, 22:39
Maybe Poland returns this year, but i think they return in 2014-2015...

Yamarus
28th May 2012, 00:05
If they didn't broadcast this year's Contest, aren't they out for next year anyway?

Andrzej1987
28th May 2012, 00:49
If they didn't broadcast this year's Contest, aren't they out for next year anyway?
That rule doesn't really exist anymore I think. Italy didn't broadcast Eurovision before coming back in 2011, Austria the same I think.

NikkiBoy
28th May 2012, 10:49
COME BACK ::pl Poland PLEASE!!! ♥

Starmania
28th May 2012, 13:46
I'd love to see Krajowe Eliminacje next year. I hate TVP scumbags, for the decision of 2012 !

kotten
28th May 2012, 15:09
Will probably take a couple of years before they come back I think..

Jim
28th May 2012, 22:37
I believe for Poland too, that will return next year!

A-lister
28th May 2012, 22:58
Please come back! And with a GOOD song! 2011 was a good song but the performance went all wrong.

Something like this please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WWwuA6twKI

GRE
28th May 2012, 23:06
I think Poland will come back in 2012.

Metafeller
28th May 2012, 23:07
I think Poland will come back in 2012.

You mean 2013? :lol:

sokyratis555
29th May 2012, 07:20
if they want to send another jestem to 2013, they may as well just stay out of the contest

GRE
29th May 2012, 11:15
You mean 2013? :lol:

Hehe yes..!:lol:

AdelAdel
29th May 2012, 21:47
TBH, I didn't like any of our entries except 1994, 2003, 2006 & 2009. I don't care much if we return, I want to listen to good songs and don't really care which country the good song represents. But if Poland wants to return I have one simple answer - Natasza Urbańska, it's her or no one that will be able to qualify from the semi. Until TVP understands that, we'll not qualify, but even if they do it might be too late. She wanted to participate, but TVP refused and it is a stupid move in my opinion, because she really knows how to put on an awesome show.

evija87
29th May 2012, 23:12
That's a descent idea, but I think/wish TVP should make an open call for composers (Polish best and invite foreign) to write a song and then pick 3 best and make small NF. Natasha has good voice and she would make good show. We need to find really great song! TVP have to make decisions faster, doing it last minute and announcing participation at the end of the year is not good, if not say pointless to make return and make same mistakes all over again. If we come back, TVP should want to put great effort into it, do their best and take things with proffesionalism (sweet dreams). They should also change people responsible for ESC I think, apparently things were not working past years and we need someone new with WILL to do the job and positive attitude towards contest. Also "The Powers That Be"=directors must sacrifice some money to promote our entry OUTSIDE the country, because they apperently had problem with understanding the fact, that we can't for ourselves.

theCONWEL
3rd June 2012, 01:24
Sylwia Grzessifnaofnsuinglsgaak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Q5PEjmrCU

roadrunner
3rd June 2012, 10:31
Sylwia Grzessifnaofnsuinglsgaak:
xrofl3
This one's also good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNY0k8i0H2s

mgru
4th June 2012, 20:41
I want us to be back next year as well! Its really a shame that we are sending some crappy songs when we have so many talented young performers just waiting for a chance to shine. TVP needs a good kick in its ass (pardon my french!) and get to work. Poland and europe deserves something better!

BTW, its my first post here, hello everyone! xrose

GRE
5th June 2012, 01:04
I want us to be back next year as well! Its really a shame that we are sending some crappy songs when we have so many talented young performers just waiting for a chance to shine. TVP needs a good kick in its ass (pardon my french!) and get to work. Poland and europe deserves something better!

BTW, its my first post here, hello everyone! xrose
Welcome!You can be our gueee-eeee-eeeest!

mgru
5th June 2012, 01:49
Welcome!You can be our gueee-eeee-eeeest!

ughhh that wasn't the best song this year! :D

tuorem
20th June 2012, 15:37
Conwel97 and roadrunner :) I agree with you, Sylwia Grzeszczak is sooooo good. I think she would have great chances to qualify with one of the songs you posted, or this one if Poland wants to go for a ballad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQExGd6UVjM

Love this song, it's kind of haunting.
I guess she can deliver live, and with a great presentation, there would be no worries about bad results.

By the way, is it me or did someone write last year that she expressed her will to enter Eurovision 2012? (before the broadcasters decide not to take part, of course:mad:).

Matt
25th August 2012, 03:26
According to Czech Eurovision website Eurocontest.cz, a representative of TVP confirmed that no decision on the participation of Poland in Eurovision 2013 has been taken yet. It will be decided in the coming months, more precisely in October, whether TVP will send an entry to Eurovision again after their absence in 2012.

Source (http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/poland-decision-on-eurovision-2013-in-october)

A-lister
26th August 2012, 18:21
^
I'm afraid they won't come back :(

Come back Poland!!!!

NikkiBoy
27th August 2012, 18:52
Come back Poland!

Jim
28th August 2012, 00:54
Yes, we want Poland back!

AdelAdel
28th August 2012, 16:47
Don't be pessimistic people, they didn't say "no".

NikkiBoy
28th August 2012, 19:34
I really miss Poland!

A-lister
4th September 2012, 21:31
Please come back Poland! I really miss 90's ESC Poland. I mean just look at this fab new video by Justyna Steczkowska (ESC '95) (posted below). I think Poland could do well with something less conventional, something like those mid 90's years (95-97). Now, I don't really like the Polish '95 entry that much, but '96 was amazing. Poland has desperately tried to be commercial for the past decade, with b-acts, b-songs... everything very mediocre. I think they could look at Albania '12 as inspiration, I think Poland could shine in a more left-field entry in Polish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yg7m1oj23w&feature=plcp

I still think something like this Piotr Rubik composed song could be Poland's ticket way back to the final and good position:

They need to stop chasing the American dream, because they really have failed at trying so (unlike neighbors Russia and Ukraine that had much higher quality in their entries). Polish entries had a sense of "unfinished-ness" to them for the past decade, they literary were all demo songs, almost no Polish entry of the past decade have been a finished product.

AdelAdel
4th September 2012, 21:35
I think they could look at Albania '12 as inspiration

Gosh, anything but that! :lol:

A-lister
4th September 2012, 21:39
Gosh, anything but that! :lol:

Well, laugh whatever you want, but a top. 5 position in final compared to the flops of the Polish entries is quite telling.

There was a reason I mentioned that one as an example though and also the Polish '96 entry, which was in a somewhat similar style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNk9BVz77is

Juries will probably love it, and I don't see what would be wrong with trying? I mean looking at those desperate mediocre attempts in trying to re-create some American pop, anything could be better for sure...

AdelAdel
4th September 2012, 21:45
When did we send American pop? :?

A-lister
4th September 2012, 21:49
When did we send American pop? :?

Note, I didn't say you actually sent American pop... I said you made desperate attempts at it and failing big time by doing it. 2006-2007 comes to mind... two faux hiphop/R&B influenced entries (which failed because they felt so amateur and laughable) and then a disney ballad of the worst kind in 2008.

Now don't take this as a diss at Poland, I really want Poland to succeed in Eurovision, but TVP need to understand that they can't pick amateur demo songs and succeed. Genuinity and quality has been lost from Polish entries for a long time, and I think that has partly been the reason for constant flopping.

AdelAdel
4th September 2012, 21:56
Note, I didn't say you actually sent American pop... I said you made desperate attempts at it and failing big time by doing it. 2006-2007 comes to mind... two faux hiphop/R&B influenced entries (which failed because they felt so amateur and laughable) and then a disney ballad of the worst kind in 2008.

Now don't take this as a diss at Poland, I really want Poland to succeed in Eurovision, but TVP need to understand that they can't pick amateur demo songs and succeed. Genuinity and quality has been lost from Polish entries for a long time, and I think that has partly been the reason for constant flopping.

You know what happened in 2006, so I wouldn't say we "failed big time" back then :?
And I'd rather see us sending entries which won't qualify, then sending something like Albania 2012 and qualify.

A-lister
4th September 2012, 21:59
You know what happened in 2006, so I wouldn't say we "failed big time" back then :?
And I'd rather see us sending entries which won't qualify, then sending something like Albania 2012 and qualify.

I know what happned, but it's not as if it was a big success in the televoting either right?

Well, Albania '12 was just an example of how something unconventional and a bit left-field musically can succeed. I didn't mean it necessarily has to be like that one, but I wanted to draw parallels to the 90's when Poland was more daring and bold in their choices and far more interesting than for the past decade.

Well, I'd rather have a real song than demo songs from Poland. I mean even when there were potential, the entries still felt demo and unfinished (2010 entry comes to mind). Now, I liked Magda Tul, but the performance became a mess... but other than that I think Poland had sent some very mediocre stuff, without any personality and yup... at times desperately trying to sound something they're not. I don't see the use continuing on a failed path?

AdelAdel
4th September 2012, 22:11
I know what happned, but it's not as if it was a big success in the televoting either right?

Well, Albania '12 was just an example of how something unconventional and a bit left-field musically can succeed. I didn't mean it necessarily has to be like that one, but I wanted to draw parallels to the 90's when Poland was more daring and bold in their choices and far more interesting than for the past decade.

Well, I'd rather have a real song than demo songs from Poland. I mean even when there were potential, the entries still felt demo and unfinished (2010 entry comes to mind). Now, I liked Magda Tul, but the performance became a mess... but other than that I think Poland had sent some very mediocre stuff, without any personality and yup... at times desperately trying to sound something they're not. I don't see the use continuing on a failed path?

As long as TVP will consider the contest and something not worthy of their attention, they will send mediocre entries all the time.

as78
4th September 2012, 22:20

I would be proud if my country send something like that (Albania-2012). It was one of the most touching moments in this year's ESC. Even if it does not meet for your taste you have to admit that it was a high level of professionalism. But at the same time it was also beautiful, lovely and wonderful.
Unfortunately, I think that my country is not able for something like that.

About Poland-2006 you're right. Yesterday all the way home from work I listened to their song (10 or more times in a row). "Ich Troje" is simply great, both times in the ESC is the best that has been from Poland.

AdelAdel
4th September 2012, 22:25
I would be proud if my country send something like that (Albania-2012). It was one of the most touching moments in this year's ESC. Even if it does not meet for your taste you have to admit that it was a high level of professionalism. But at the same time it was also beautiful, lovely and wonderful.
Unfortunately, I think that my country is not able for something like that.

Loreen fans use the same argument :lol:

About Poland-2006 you're right. Yesterday all the way home from work I listened to their song (10 or more times in a row). "Ich Troje" is simply great, both times in the ESC is the best that has been from Poland.

I agree with you 100% xcheer :D

I wish they would go again, but the lead singer has problems, he was diagnosed with cancer, and he just got married for the 4th time :?

as78
4th September 2012, 22:28
I wish they would go again, but the lead singer has problems, he was diagnosed with cancer, and he just got married for the 4th time :?

I did not know that (about cancer). This is so sad.

AdelAdel
4th September 2012, 22:33
I did not know that (about cancer). This is so sad.

Anyway, do you know other songs of Ich Troje except the eurovision ones?

CC92
4th September 2012, 22:36
I really like Ich Troje's entry for the German pre-selection in 2003. :)

AdelAdel
4th September 2012, 22:37
I really like Ich Troje's entry for the German pre-selection in 2003. :)

Which song was it? I believe they didn't win the German one, so they chose Poland, instead.

as78
4th September 2012, 22:40
Anyway, do you know other songs of Ich Troje except the eurovision ones?

I was listening to several, but that was a long time ago and now can not remember the names. Can you suggest which are best ones?

CC92
4th September 2012, 22:41
^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mER15wJWE8M

If I remember correctly they have already won the right to present Poland at that point. It would of been great to see them performing twice. :D

as78
4th September 2012, 22:42
I watched the German pre-selection in 2003. That I also liked.

AdelAdel
4th September 2012, 22:48
I was listening to several, but that was a long time ago and now can not remember the names. Can you suggest which are best ones?

The biggest hits of Ich Troje were:

Powiedz
Zawsze z Tobą Chciałbym Być
A Wszystko To... Bo Ciebie Kocham
Prawo
Tango Straconych
Razem a Jednak Osobno

and of course Keine Grenzen, but you know this one.

I suggest listening to these first, as they were the biggest hits, and I think "Powiedz" was considered their most successful song, it reached the peak of the chart and it stayed there for a long time.

NikkiBoy
4th September 2012, 23:18
Poland May be back

A-lister
5th September 2012, 01:35
As for Ich Troje, I just think they are a really bad group, Řber kitch... but taste differs.

They had some good female vocalist though, is she solo now?

evija87
5th September 2012, 18:18
Which one of former vocalists? Magda, Justyna or Ania? :D
Magda was Michal's first wife, I guess she made the most of her solo career but still - she's not known really. Ania is still Michal's wife but no longer part of Ich Troje.
The one that was at ESC was Justyna. Home | Justyna Majkowska - Oficjalna strona wokalistki (http://www.justynamajkowska.pl/) She has new single as the website says.
Ich Troje... please... no, never again ;D They had their "golden" time with Justyna ;) I think she's the coolest person among all those women that were in Ich Troje or with Michal. He's now broke and looking for attention...
I don't know if it's possible to comeback in 2013 because recent affair is that TVP didn't have money to buy the rights to broadcast football team matches in qualification for World Cup and now if you want to watch them it's PPV only. Which is avoiding a Polish law that National team matches must be broadcasted in "open" channel. Eurovision is nowhere near such big cost, but it's perfect for their shite excuse to withdraw for another year, I'm afraid.

as78
5th September 2012, 18:35
The biggest hits of Ich Troje were:

Powiedz
Zawsze z Tobą Chciałbym Być
A Wszystko To... Bo Ciebie Kocham
Prawo
Tango Straconych
Razem a Jednak Osobno

and of course Keine Grenzen, but you know this one.

I suggest listening to these first, as they were the biggest hits, and I think "Powiedz" was considered their most successful song, it reached the peak of the chart and it stayed there for a long time.

Thank you! xbow
I listened to these songs with pleasure . Particularly I liked "Powiedz" and "Razem a Jednak Osobno".
xcheer

Impressive
5th September 2012, 18:46
Wish to see Poland in Eurovision again. More country, more fun!!

AdelAdel
5th September 2012, 18:49
Which one of former vocalists? Magda, Justyna or Ania? :D
Magda was Michal's first wife, I guess she made the most of her solo career but still - she's not known really. Ania is still Michal's wife but no longer part of Ich Troje.
The one that was at ESC was Justyna. Home | Justyna Majkowska - Oficjalna strona wokalistki (http://www.justynamajkowska.pl/) She has new single as the website says.
Ich Troje... please... no, never again ;D They had their "golden" time with Justyna ;) I think she's the coolest person among all those women that were in Ich Troje or with Michal. He's now broke and looking for attention...
I don't know if it's possible to comeback in 2013 because recent affair is that TVP didn't have money to buy the rights to broadcast football team matches in qualification for World Cup and now if you want to watch them it's PPV only. Which is avoiding a Polish law that National team matches must be broadcasted in "open" channel. Eurovision is nowhere near such big cost, but it's perfect for their shite excuse to withdraw for another year, I'm afraid.

Anna is not his wife anymore, he got married for the 4th time in July, I think.
It's true, they ain't big no more, they were the most successful with Justyna, and their biggest hits were from the days when she was in the band. Their popularity have been decreasing since she left (short after their participation in eurovision). They even disbanded at one point :o

I'm hoping for us to come back, but we should have some sort of NF - no more internal selections!
I have high hopes - I looked at the Polish chart yesterday, and found out that "Euphoria" was number 2 :shock: So a song from this year is very popular here, even though we didn't take part.

A-lister
5th September 2012, 18:59
I'm hoping for us to come back, but we should have some sort of NF - no more internal selections!
I have high hopes - I looked at the Polish chart yesterday, and found out that "Euphoria" was number 2 :shock: So a song from this year is very popular here, even though we didn't take part.

Ehm? No more internal selections? You were mostly having NF's and see how that worked out for you?

I would say you should NOT have an NF, I mean you tried that for most years (Piosenka dla Europy) and the quality was really low. Better choose a good artist and a good composer (Rubik maybe) and have a more limited act selection. That's probably the only way to perhaps attract something better.

Impressive
5th September 2012, 19:03
Ehm? No more internal selections? You were mostly having NF's and see how that worked out for you?

I would say you should NOT have an NF, I mean you tried that for most years (Piosenka dla Europy) and the quality was really low. Better choose a good artist and a good composer (Rubik maybe) and have a more limited act selection. That's probably the only way to perhaps attract something better.

I just watched 2011 national final of Poland but I can say it was so nice and Magdelena was really awesome with NF choreography. I don't think Poland's NF quality was low. I can't think.

Of course maybe not a Melodifestivalen, but I wouldn't say it was bad. But this is your opinion and there is mine anyway. Respect...

AdelAdel
5th September 2012, 19:03

Oops, I confused the 2 things xrofl2 What I meant to say is that we SHOULD have an internal selection.

A-lister
5th September 2012, 22:05
Oops, I confused the 2 things xrofl2 What I meant to say is that we SHOULD have an internal selection.

:lol:

Charly
6th September 2012, 16:42
Any excuses again for 2013? :lol:

NikkiBoy
6th September 2012, 17:53
Return ::pl Poland! :-D

Sim
28th September 2012, 08:41
According to escsweden.webblogg.se - (http://escsweden.webblogg.se/) Poland would be in again

ESCsweden ‏@escswedencom

EXCLUSIVE Poland will be back in Malm÷ escsweden.webblogg.se - (http://escsweden.webblogg.se/) #eurovision

Milos-BC
28th September 2012, 10:28
^^ Great news! :D

I hope it's true.

Charly
28th September 2012, 12:14
Not yet ;) Poland did state that their decision will be in October which is a few days away :lol:

A-lister
28th September 2012, 18:06
According to escsweden.webblogg.se - (http://escsweden.webblogg.se/) Poland would be in again

ESCsweden ‏@escswedencom

EXCLUSIVE Poland will be back in Malm÷ escsweden.webblogg.se - (http://escsweden.webblogg.se/) #eurovision

I believe it when I see, why would some private unknown blog get 'exclusive info from TVP'? :lol:

BUT, I cross my fingers however that this is TRUE nevertheless! :)

AdelAdel
28th September 2012, 18:20
Not even one big Polish eurovision site nor TVP confirmed our participation yet. Just sayin'

evija87
28th September 2012, 19:48
EXCLUSIVE information: my gut tells me, we won't be in, 'cause TVP is in very bad financial condition! :P :lol:

Ok seriously, I hope we will be back. Whether we do badly or not, it's always diffrent emotions when your country is participating. One year off was interesting experience for a fan to look at things with distance and give more focus on other countries and their music, but enough for now, time to get back.

Jim
28th September 2012, 21:06
I wish for Poland to come back! :)

CPV4931
29th September 2012, 01:45
It would indeed be nice to see Poland again in ESC.

NikkiBoy
30th September 2012, 14:23
Polen keert terug naar het Songfestival – Eurosong.be (http://www.eurosong.be/46515/polen-keert-terug-naar-het-songfestival)
Poland confirms!!!

A-lister
30th September 2012, 16:43
^
Hmm, hope these 'news' are true and not just a 'confirmation' based on the 'rumors' from that blog.

AdelAdel
30th September 2012, 17:38
Polen keert terug naar het Songfestival – Eurosong.be (http://www.eurosong.be/46515/polen-keert-terug-naar-het-songfestival)
Poland confirms!!!

This is not TVP's logo :lol:

Anyway, still no confirmation on TVP nor OGAE Poland site.

TheLuflee
30th September 2012, 19:01
This is not TVP's logo :lol:

Fail :lol:

alca
30th September 2012, 21:37
I want them back!

AdelAdel
30th September 2012, 23:14
It's going to be official when TVP announces the decision, and not some random site.
BTW, they said they're going to announce it in October, but they didn't specify when exactly, so we could have it tomorrow or we could wait a month for the confirmation.

vatroslav_cro
30th September 2012, 23:24
come back...na na na na na na......baaaaaby come back...na na na na na na...Poland come baaaaaaack LOOOOOOOOOOL

wyq614
1st October 2012, 05:50
I don't think the confirmation is reliable. If it is confirmed by some sites like esctoday or eurovoix or something I'll get to believe it.

NikkiBoy
1st October 2012, 22:06
POLAND! ::pl

nofuxCZ
6th October 2012, 13:03
According to Czech eurocontest.cz website, TVP will make a decision in November.

Polsko odsouvß svÚ rozhodnutÝ o Eurovizi 2013 na listopad (http://eurocontest.cz/headline/headline/item/2012-polsko-odsouvß-svÚ-rozhodnutÝ-o-eurovizi-2013-na-listopad)

AdelAdel
6th October 2012, 20:45
According to Czech eurocontest.cz website, TVP will make a decision in November.

Polsko odsouvß svÚ rozhodnutÝ o Eurovizi 2013 na listopad (http://eurocontest.cz/headline/headline/item/2012-polsko-odsouvß-svÚ-rozhodnutÝ-o-eurovizi-2013-na-listopad)

Oh, damn :? They are really indecisive, hope they're not delaying because they are searching for a valid reason to withdraw :(

Milos-BC
6th October 2012, 22:55
^^ I think it is the opposite.

But time will tell.

wyq614
9th October 2012, 00:20
Magdalena Tul goes to Switzerland? Why not Poland if she wants to return? Does that mean Poland will be out again? And the same happened to Christoforou.

Matt
9th October 2012, 00:21
Poland's participation is still a big ?

So I don't blame her for trying her luck elsewhere.

Jim
9th October 2012, 00:24
Magdalena Tul goes to Switzerland? Why not Poland if she wants to return? Does that mean Poland will be out again? And the same happened to Christoforou.

I don't think that she goes with Switzerland because Poland has refused to take part. And Cyprus, I think that will participate... The answer is quite simple for me. They have chosen another countries because they have flopped with their countries and now the chances for them to be selected from their countries are 0%. That's why! :mrgreen:

Nikkita
12th October 2012, 15:42
I hope Poland goes to the contest cause they have great music,they just dont show it at Eurovision -.-'

dragvision
14th October 2012, 22:58
Oh, damn :? They are really indecisive, hope they're not delaying because they are searching for a valid reason to withdraw :(
this reason; Poland host in the 2013 the european young dancers in the city of Gdansk, this is so expensive and Tvp dont can take part at esc 2013:lol:

handeyener
15th October 2012, 00:04
I hope Poland goes to the contest cause they have great music,they just dont show it at Eurovision -.-'

They have great performers, but they always come with really bad or strange entries at ESC

AdelAdel
15th October 2012, 00:48
They have great performers, but they always come with really bad or strange entries at ESC

Because all the good ones don't give a damn about Eurovision.

NikkiBoy
21st October 2012, 13:17
Is Poland returning?
ESCsweden - ny blogg inf÷r 2013!: Polen tillbaka i Malm÷ (http://escsverige.blogspot.se/2012/09/polen-tillbaka-i-malmo.html)

dragvision
21st October 2012, 15:35
no good singnal from Poland
Eurovision-fr.net - Informations -Eurovision SUISSE 2013 : Interview de Magdalena Tul (http://www.eurovision-fr.net/news/lire.php?id=1959)

AdelAdel
21st October 2012, 15:38
no good singnal from Poland
Eurovision-fr.net - Informations -Eurovision SUISSE 2013 : Interview de Magdalena Tul (http://www.eurovision-fr.net/news/lire.php?id=1959)

What does this article say?

dragvision
21st October 2012, 16:26
NS: Are you still interested to again represent Poland in Eurovision in the future?

MT: The situation of the Eurovision Song Contest in Poland is not very good now. It's hard to say whether Poland will be able to take part in this competition in 2013 or later. The competition is not promoted as it should be and do not have a good reputation. I think changes are needed. I want to show through this event a more positive attitude: it is useless to give the ESC, and it should deserve another chance. I do not understand why I should not take part again. This is a bad attitude. This is a song contest. There is a winner and losers.

NikkiBoy
23rd October 2012, 18:26
Hope Poland return! :)

dragvision
24th October 2012, 21:34
Who want to vote at my polls regarding Poland partecipation for 2013 you can vote at this polls;They Poland Join
No Poland does not participate
EUROFESTIVAL ITALIA Ľ Leggi argomento - Polonia 2013
EUROFESTIVAL ITALIA • Leggi argomento - Polonia 2013 (http://forumesi.altervista.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1313)

dragvision
25th October 2012, 22:26
in loreen soft i have make the poll; Poland will be in Esc 2013, vote.

Bartek
27th October 2012, 22:43
I'm from Poland. I want that my country will participate in Eurovision 2013. But when TVP is waiting with decision is very bad. In last year the decision was late...

A-lister
28th October 2012, 00:02
I'm from Poland. I want that my country will participate in Eurovision 2013. But when TVP is waiting with decision is very bad. In last year the decision was late...

I really hope you'll return aswell! (welcome to the forum btw), I hope that the reason for waiting is that they are in negotiations with some act or something, otherwise they could have simply just said they'll not return?

But I'm also not very optimistic :(

dragvision
28th October 2012, 00:43
an another goodm signal is TVP next year host a EBU pageant, Gdanzk hot european young dancers

Bartek
28th October 2012, 19:02
otherwise they could have simply just said they'll not return?

Oh, Friend, It's very difficult, even for us- polish fans. We're trying to take contact with TVP but we always get answer " We haven't decided yet" ...

Matt
31st October 2012, 20:20
Polish public broadcaster TVP still hasn’t decided whether it’ll cough up the zloty to participate in Eurovision 2013. But that isn’t stopping Polish Eurowizja fans from fantasising about their favourites for Malm÷.
Voters on Eurovision fan site Dziennik-Eurowizja (http://dziennik-eurowizyjny.blog.pl/2011/07/17/ewa-farna-wymarzona-reprezentantka-polski-na-esc-2012/) want Ewa Farna singing for them in Sweden.

http://wiwibloggs.com/wp-content/themes/funki/themify/img.php?src=http://wiwibloggs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Ewa-Farna-Poland-Eurowiczia.jpeg&w=450&h=300

READ MORE (http://wiwibloggs.com/2012/10/30/will-ewa-farna-represent-poland-at-eurovision-2013/20818)

nofuxCZ
31st October 2012, 22:16
^ That would be ...interesting. :mrgreen: Poland would receive 12 points from us if they sent her. Oh wait, we won't be in Malmo :(

AdelAdel
1st November 2012, 04:10
Oh yes! :o Ewa Farna is actually a good singer, would be nice to send her :D

Cooler
1st November 2012, 04:22
Ewa xheart xheart xheart

nofuxCZ
5th November 2012, 21:10
So I think we can rule out Ewa Farna for Poland in 2013, because she will be a new judge on Czecho-Slovak Idol in the first half of 2013.

AdelAdel
5th November 2012, 21:13
So I think we can rule out Ewa Farna for Poland in 2013, because she will be a new judge on Czecho-Slovak Idol in the first half of 2013.

Aww, that's bad news :(

A-lister
5th November 2012, 21:47
Aww, that's bad news :(

No loss, she's not that special (imo) and the juries won't be happy with her live vocals either (which aren't that good... atleast not what I've seen).

However, still no news??? What is TVP up to really!?!?! xgaah

dragvision
5th November 2012, 21:58
yes, nothing since now, tvp make the same thing last year, and we know what are finished, I think Poland is been the new Italy,
we italian eurofans we are so happy to give and another nation this, we understand what the polish eurofans fell.

AdelAdel
5th November 2012, 22:08
No loss, she's not that special (imo) and the juries won't be happy with her live vocals either (which aren't that good... atleast not what I've seen).

Well, that's purely your opinion. My opinion is that she's one of the only good singers we have left.

A-lister
5th November 2012, 22:11
Well, that's purely your opinion. My opinion is that she's one of the only good singers we have left.

Of course it's my opinion? :lol:

Well, she's ok but not THAT good... funny thing she's not even really from Poland so that would mean Poland has no good singers left?

I don't agree though, you have better options, the biggest problem is that no one wants to enter ESC :/

I've been suggesting for some years now to let Piotr Rubik compose an entry and let one singer with a good voice (and looks) sing it... something like 'Psalm dla ciebie' could potentially bring Poland to the top. 10's...

Ewa Farna would stand no chance against Anouk (whom she would be compared to)...

Nikkita
6th November 2012, 13:37

I kinda like her but she looks like a company balloon.If you want a special talent from Poland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOGOMm2NkDg

AdelAdel
6th November 2012, 20:06
Well, she's ok but not THAT good... funny thing she's not even really from Poland so that would mean Poland has no good singers left?

Um... she is Polish, but born in Czech Republic.

AdelAdel
6th November 2012, 20:07
I kinda like her but she looks like a company balloon.If you want a special talent from Poland:

Uh... she WAS good... in the mid 00s, right now her songs suck :/

LalehForWD
6th November 2012, 20:27

Uh... she WAS good... in the mid 00s, right now her songs suck :/

Classy and elegant - great! According to Wikipedia from the album Ania Movie 2010
Pretty much how Duffy should have sounded on the second album!

Wikipedia: "The album was officially confirmed as the last retro-oriented record in Ania's discography."

So, from now on she will perform something in another genre direction?

A-lister
7th November 2012, 00:45
Um... she is Polish, but born in Czech Republic.

I know she's Polish, but she's still from Czech Republic nevertheless...

A-lister
7th November 2012, 00:47
Classy and elegant - great! According to Wikipedia from the album Ania Movie 2010
Pretty much how Duffy should have sounded on the second album!

Wikipedia: "The album was officially confirmed as the last retro-oriented record in Ania's discography."

So, from now on she will perform something in another genre direction?

Well, this is her current single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na_kBHxZSGc

Boring as hell imo, and the song clip posted above is a cover of a great song so it wouldn't be that hard to make it good...

Imo she's simply a boring artist (I mean everyone can make covers, but it's the own material that is interesting) and Poland has better options, but as always taste differs.

LalehForWD
7th November 2012, 02:11

Boring as hell imo, and the song clip posted above is a cover of a great song so it wouldn't be that hard to make it good...

Imo she's simply a boring artist (I mean everyone can make covers, but it's the own material that is interesting) and Poland has better options, but as always taste differs.

I don't think it's boring. :) It is definitely not bad by any standards. Maybe she is travelling in time? 8-) When is she here? 1980?

AdelAdel
7th November 2012, 10:45

It plays on the radio a lot xgaah This is one of her worst songs ever, I totally hate it! The melody sucks, and the lyrics are just blaah...
Why didn't she continue to be like few years before?

jonaszm
7th November 2012, 12:14
Actually i think we have a lot of great artists who could represent Poland in ESC 2013. I'll give you few propositions from me. Please check it...or few of them and tell me what do you think. We have talents in Poland but stupid TVP television doesn't want to participate

1. Neo Retros band
Neo Retros - The High-rise in the Sunshine - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9H7B_qORN4&feature=relmfu)
Neo Retros - We're Glad That You Came - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N2DxDqFNFU)

2. Brodka - female singer
VARSOVIE - Brodka - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlSm_JL1das)
Brodka - W pieciu smakach - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ycOABMpIyE)

3. Marina - female singer
MaRina - Electric Bass [Official] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yskI_twESfs)
MaRina - Rainbow After Rain [Official] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsTjb7SuvYg)

4. Sylwia Grzeszczak - amazing female singer
Sylwia Grzeszczak - Karuzela - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNY0k8i0H2s)
Sylwia Grzeszczak - Male Rzeczy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Q5PEjmrCU&feature=relmfu)

5. Iza Lach - another female singer
Iza Lach - Nic Więcej (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdKkA77xnqw&feature=plcp)
Iza Lach - Futro - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-F_1XXGxR8&feature=plcp)

6. Ewa Farna - female signer
Ewa Farna - Ewakuacja - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDL5Gcn0Rs)
Ewa Farna - Nie Przegap - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMgFE59581Q)

7. Enej - band
Enej Skrzydlate Ręce (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Hv-1MWz2Y)
Enej - Radio Hello - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUS7gRHYgTo)

8. Mrozu - male singer
Mrozu - Rollercoaster (Official radio edit) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60X19_jeKF0)
Mrozu - 1000 metrˇw nad ziemią (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IHXbBX9t74)

and more...Ewelina Lisowska, Marishaa, Ifi Ude, Czeslaw Mozil:
Ewelina Lisowska - Nieodporny Rozum - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPCwLBCokSk)
Marishaa - Loverman - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N93zyUWWTNQ)
IFI UDE - My Baby Gone - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1iLn5DMM8E)
Czesław Mozil - W sam raz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3qZUaKgk9I&feature=share)

LalehForWD
7th November 2012, 13:32
^ reactions

1. Neo Retros band - skilled boys with light guitars, perfect for a Sunday morning.
2. Brodka - clever funny experimenting girl, I like it.
3. MaRina - good singer with diverse talents.
4. Sylwia Grzeszczak - a gothic princess, I love it.
5. Iza Lach - interesting voice, I love it.
6. Ewa Farna - yessss symphonic metal, I kiss her feet.
7. Enej - great folk pop.
8. Mrozu - great singer with supergood catchy pop.

And the others were just great too. The Ifi Ude video is fantastic! Poland would win Eurovision for 10 years in a row, would they participate.

A-lister
7th November 2012, 17:05
I don't think it's boring. :) It is definitely not bad by any standards. Maybe she is travelling in time? 8-) When is she here? 1980?

It's an extremely boring song imo, would be a nul point in ESC.

A-lister
7th November 2012, 17:09
Actually i think we have a lot of great artists who could represent Poland in ESC 2013. I'll give you few propositions from me. Please check it...or few of them and tell me what do you think. We have talents in Poland but stupid TVP television doesn't want to participate

2. Brodka - female singer
VARSOVIE - Brodka - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlSm_JL1das)
Brodka - W pieciu smakach - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ycOABMpIyE)

I love Brodka, her 'Granda' album is really great!!

Zakopower, Brathanki (if they still exist?), Feel are other good examples and could be good for ESC (especially the first to I see fitting ESC really well).

I still believe though that the best option would let a nice singer sing a Piotr Rubik composition... I song like this would make a lot of sense in ESC and would probably end up in a good position:

LalehForWD
7th November 2012, 20:31
It's an extremely boring song imo, would be a nul point in ESC.

No it would not! :D

A-lister
7th November 2012, 20:38
No it would not! :D

I'm afraid it would... and I'm saying that totally objective ;)

LalehForWD
7th November 2012, 20:49
I've found this The Guardian article (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/nov/17/pop-musik-sound-charts-poland?INTCMP=SRCH).

"The movement's poster girl is Monika Brodka, one of a growing number of artists across Europe making a mockery of the idea that no good can come of Pop Idol and its cousins. Her fearsome natural talent has always been apparent but didn't find its full expression until third album, Granda. Drawing on electro, rock and roots music, but remaining resolutely pop in its approach and execution, the record has a vitality and adventurousness that puts most of Poland's alt-rock acts to shame."

But wouldn't Monika Brodka be the obvious OT? She has no reason to enter ESC unless she actually see the potential of broader fame. Be as brave as Loreen I mean.

A-lister
7th November 2012, 20:59
But wouldn't Monika Brodka be the obvious OT? She has no reason to enter ESC unless she actually see the potential of broader fame. Be as brave as Loreen I mean.

Brodka would be amazing but I highly doubt it, and then again I cannot stop stressing that people should check out the 'Granda' album.

I like Loreen, but she got nothing on Brodka. Loreen is a more talanted vocalist I guess, but her music is still far more manufactured sounding.

Loreen had nothing to loose going to ESC, she wasn't a big star in Sweden she was just an upcoming name... Brodka however is one of the most popular contemporary acts in Poland, and we all know what they think about ESC...

LalehForWD
7th November 2012, 21:06
Brodka released the album (is it really an album, EP?) LAX (http://open.spotify.com/album/4h4S1PnkUlsUhsx8h6z5Xx) on Spotify. Great! xheartxheart

A-lister
7th November 2012, 21:10
Brodka released the album (is it really an album, EP?) LAX (http://open.spotify.com/album/4h4S1PnkUlsUhsx8h6z5Xx) on Spotify. Great! xheartxheart

It's an EP... however I prefer her in Polish, and it's a shame she dropped the native roots influence which can be heard on 'Granda'.

LalehForWD
7th November 2012, 21:12
But what artists in the list would be possible to enter ESC then?

A-lister
7th November 2012, 21:35
But what artists in the list would be possible to enter ESC then?

Well, the only good enough ones from that list are actually somewhat popular names in Poland to my knowledge (Brodka, Iza, Mrozu, Sylwia, Farna, Ewelina) ... and I doubt any of them would wanna go.

CypriotGirl
7th November 2012, 23:35
I like Brodka too!

dragvision
8th November 2012, 09:12
i want Kriztoff he have take part at europiezsma in the past, nothin news? Now is november.

AdelAdel
10th November 2012, 17:19
OGAE Poland sent an official letter to TVP

List OGAE Polska do TVP1 | eurowizja.org | OGAE Polska (http://www.eurowizja.org/v10_news.php?id=7544)

I really hope this will help. They also reminded that the decision of our 2012 non-participation was announced only in December, I hope we won't have to wait this long again.

A-lister
11th November 2012, 11:35
OGAE Poland sent an official letter to TVP

List OGAE Polska do TVP1 | eurowizja.org | OGAE Polska (http://www.eurowizja.org/v10_news.php?id=7544)

I really hope this will help. They also reminded that the decision of our 2012 non-participation was announced only in December, I hope we won't have to wait this long again.

They have to remind TVP that IF they are having plans to enter, they should remember that there's a deadline :lol:

dragvision
13th November 2012, 09:16
Polish mate i want send a e mail to tvp too, but is different, help me translate in polish, and i send the e mail
Dear TVP, it is thrue u dont partecipate at esc because u have spend all the money for host the european football championship.

Andrzej1987
13th November 2012, 13:35
Polish mate i want send a e mail to tvp too, but is different, help me translate in polish, and i send the e mail
Dear TVP, it is thrue u dont partecipate at esc because u have spend all the money for host the european football championship.

TVP doesn't really like answering official letters not to mention unofficial fan questions but if you wish to send it go ahead:

"Droga TVP, czy to prawda, że nie weźmiecie udziału w Konkursie Piosenki Eurowizji ponieważ wydaliście wszystkie pieniądze na EURO 2012?"

that's basically word for word what you have wrote.

dragvision
17th November 2012, 09:48
TVP doesn't really like answering official letters not to mention unofficial fan questions but if you wish to send it go ahead:

"Droga TVP, czy to prawda, że nie weźmiecie udziału w Konkursie Piosenki Eurowizji ponieważ wydaliście wszystkie pieniądze na EURO 2012?"

that's basically word for word what you have wrote.
I have send this e mail in polish, cross the fingers

LalehForWD
18th November 2012, 15:35
I would also like to send a letter. Would this be OK (Google translate version)?

"Drodzy TVP,
Mamy sąsiadˇw w Szwecji, uważa, że ​​byłoby wspaniale, aby usłyszeć muzykę polską w Malm÷ Podczas Eurovision Song Contest 2013th Mamy szczerą nadzieję, że będzie się swˇj udział i pokaż się!"

English:
"Dear TVP,
We your neighbours in Sweden, thinks it would be wonderful to hear some Polish music in Malm÷ during the Eurovision Song Contest 2013. We sincerely hope you will sign your participation and show up!"

dragvision
18th November 2012, 18:52
google translate is not ever the best, some polish can help for the right trasnlate?

Andrzej1987
18th November 2012, 18:55
Correct version:
"Droga TVP,
My, wasi sąsiedzi w Szwecji uważamy, że byłoby wspaniale usłyszeć polską muzykę w Malmo podczas Konkursu Piosenki Eurowizji 2013. Mamy wielką nadzieję, że potwierdzicie swˇj udział i przybędziecie do Szwecj".

On a side note, google translator is awful when it comes to inflected languages.

LalehForWD
18th November 2012, 19:32
^ Thanks very much!

Google translate did a good job of Polish => Swedish though. :)

Is there possibly a suitable e-mail address (a ESC-suitable person)?

dragvision
18th November 2012, 19:39
this is the link to send e mail at tv poland
Kontakt - Telewizja Polska SA (http://www.tvp.pl/o-tvp/kontakt)
clik on
kontakt z widzami

LalehForWD
18th November 2012, 20:08
this is the link to send e mail at tv poland
Kontakt - Telewizja Polska SA (http://www.tvp.pl/o-tvp/kontakt)
clik on
kontakt z widzami

Great, thanks!
Message sent! :)

edit:
"Dziękujemy za kontakt z TVP.
Twoje pytanie zostało zarejestrowane w systemie zgłoszeń."

GRE
22nd November 2012, 11:59
Poland is out...
No comeback in 2013
No live broadcast of the semi finals and the Final
After a long and thorough analysis of all the arguments for and against, the board of TVP has decided not to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013, to be held in Malm÷. In addition, TVP will not broadcast live the semi finals nor the Final of the Contest.

Marcin Perzyna, chief agent of Polsat TV said that Eurovision focuses more on the show, and not the music, and that there is the “phenomenon” of voting for your neighbouring countries. He also adds that on the other hand, Eurovision is the best chance to promote Polish artists abroad, but that they haven’t had any success in doing that.

Poland entered Eurovision in 1994 for the very first time, when they finished second, which is their best result to date. They took part every year, withdrawing this year. TVP justified the withdrawal with focusing all the funds towards the European Championship in football which was held in Poland and Ukraine. TVP’s spokesperson did not give reasons for this decision of the Management Board of TVP.

alca
22nd November 2012, 12:29
Nooo! :(

NeonProject
22nd November 2012, 12:37
I honestly can't blame them and their reasons for backing out. The running order debacle only helps prove their point that the focus is more on the show aspect than the music. A lot of people thought that countries would back out but I'd imagine no one knew it would have an affect this soon.
I fully support Poland's decision, it would have been nice to have them back, but we need our delegations to stand up for fairness in the contest.

vatroslav_cro
22nd November 2012, 12:39
Well such things will probably happen in the future, unfortunately. I think that many countries see the situation the same way like Poles do.... especially after some recent happenings described above ... and it is the question of the time when they will bring similar decisions.....

Tinchey
22nd November 2012, 13:26
So sad, I really like Poland. :(

Sim
22nd November 2012, 13:40
So that probably means no new record this year... I expected it

CC92
22nd November 2012, 15:21
Expected. :(

LalehForWD
22nd November 2012, 16:35
I'm sure it was my faulty letter in Polish that drew them to this decision, so sorry for this. :(

Have fun without us (http://eurovisionsongcomedy.blogspot.se/2012/11/bawcie-sie-bez-nas.html)
wirtualnemedia.pl (http://www.wirtualnemedia.pl/artykul/eurowizja-kolejny-raz-bez-polski-tvp-zrezygnowala-z-udzialu)

From what I can understand, aren't the persons in charge saying that the ESC overall have low artistic quality and Poland have failed to take advantage of the opportunity to show Polish music due to fear of failing? Any Polish fan reactions?

VikingTiger
22nd November 2012, 19:00
I am sorry to hear. I have to admit that none of the polish entries throughout the years have been amongst my favourites - but Poland being a big and populous european country I think it is sad that they choose not to join the ESC. And not even showing the shows live on tv will probably add to the fact that there is a low public interest in the contest (I am assuming that the interest in Poland is not very high).

A-lister
22nd November 2012, 19:22
xcry

I expected this all along but I always hoped to be proven wrongly :(

Matt
22nd November 2012, 20:00
As most of you already said, this is very disappointing but also expected. The Polish broadcaster obviously just used the World Cup this year as an excuse and I feel really bad for our Polish fans. :(

A-lister
22nd November 2012, 20:04
As most of you already said, this is very disappointing but also expected. The Polish broadcaster obviously just used the World Cup this year as an excuse and I feel really bad for our Polish fans. :(

Yeah, the Euro 2012 was just an excuse, it was obvious they used it to cover up their actual purposes for leaving :(

I also feel sorry for the Polish fans and it'll continue feel odd having Eurovision with some of the central countries cut out from the map leaving an empty black space right in the heart of Europe (Czech & Poland and maybe even Slovakia), it just doesn't feel right :( Booo TVP! Sore losers!

AdelAdel
22nd November 2012, 20:14
SOOC :( IOTAP xgaah

TVP sucks big time, if they don't want to participate then some other station should become an EBU member. But of course no one in this country cares about Eurovision in the first place...

Matt
22nd November 2012, 20:16
Assuming Slovakia will be in, they HAVE to win next year. Maybe that'll give Poland & Czech Republic the motivation to return.

NikkiBoy
22nd November 2012, 20:17
::pl Poland, i'm feel so sorry for you.. Hopefully we will see you in 2014! I cross my fingers!

A-lister
22nd November 2012, 20:23
SOOC :( IOTAP xgaah

TVP sucks big time, if they don't want to participate then some other station should become an EBU member. But of course no one in this country cares about Eurovision in the first place...

Yes, it's apparent now (and already were when TVP entered) that some other broadcaster should be responsible for Poland in ESC. What broadcasters are members of EBU? Can we write to them? OGAE Poland?

I mean TVP proved they're totally uninterested, so wouldn't this mean they can just pass it on to another broadcaster? What does the EBU say?

A-lister
22nd November 2012, 20:25
Assuming Slovakia will be in, they HAVE to win next year. Maybe that'll give Poland & Czech Republic the motivation to return.

If Slovakia wins I'm almost 100% certain Poland and Czech Republic would be back, atleast Czech would and probably 80% certain Poland would aswell.

Chances of getting them back (or atleast Poland) could also be if Hungary, Lithuania or maybe even Germany would win again. As for Czech Republic, if Austria would win I could see them return aswell.

AdelAdel
22nd November 2012, 20:27
Yes, it's apparent now (and already were when TVP entered) that some other broadcaster should be responsible for Poland in ESC. What broadcasters are members of EBU? Can we write to them? OGAE Poland?

I mean TVP proved they're totally uninterested, so wouldn't this mean they can just pass it on to another broadcaster? What does the EBU say?

TVP is the only Polish broadcaster that is in EBU. And they might be interested in other things than ESC, so I doubt they'll leave or pass on their membership to anyone.

Just to clarify some things - TVP is not alone in boycotting ESC, most people here don't know/care about ESC at all. And if you say out loud that you like ESC you'll just be laughed at. So I bet most people will view TVP's decision as something that should have been done. Sad, but true.

A-lister
22nd November 2012, 20:31
TVP is the only Polish broadcaster that is in EBU. And they might be interested in other things than ESC, so I doubt they'll leave or pass on their membership to anyone.

Just to clarify some things - TVP is not alone in boycotting ESC, most people here don't know/care about ESC at all. And if you say out loud that you like ESC you'll just be laughed at. So I bet most people will view TVP's decision as something that should have been done. Sad, but true.

I meant passing on the ESC responsibilities, here in Sweden for instance both state-run SVT and private TV4 are members of EBU (maybe even more channels) and when SVT dropped out of jESC, then TV4 stepped in. So it's not as if they would pass on the whole EBU membership, just the part regarding ESC.

I thought TVN was a part of EBU aswell?? Surprised to hear that only one Polish broadcaster is an EBU member, I mean there's no restriction really on the amount of national broadcasters that can be members of EBU, as long as they are accepted by the EBU there can be plenty from just one country alone.

AdelAdel
22nd November 2012, 20:37
I thought TVP was a part of EBU aswell??

It is, isn't this what I just said? :lol:

DanielLuis
22nd November 2012, 20:38
I meant passing on the ESC responsibilities, here in Sweden for instance both state-run SVT and private TV4 are members of EBU (maybe even more channels) and when SVT dropped out of jESC, then TV4 stepped in. So it's not as if they would pass on the whole EBU membership, just the part regarding ESC.

I thought TVP was a part of EBU aswell?? Surprised to hear that only one Polish broadcaster is an EBU member, I mean there's no restriction really on the amount of national broadcasters that can be members of EBU, as long as they are accepted by the EBU there can be plenty from just one country alone.
Supposedly all the broadcaster must be public tv stations right?

A-lister
22nd November 2012, 20:44
It is, isn't this what I just said? :lol:

Sorry, I actually meant TVN :lol: (I will correct my comment)

A-lister
22nd November 2012, 20:45
Supposedly all the broadcaster must be public tv stations right?

No, for instance TV4 here is not a public broadcaster (it's private owned), but they're part of EBU nevertheless.

CPV4931
22nd November 2012, 21:05
I so hoped for them to come back -.-

AdelAdel
22nd November 2012, 21:11
Sorry, I actually meant TVN :lol: (I will correct my comment)

Nope

European Broadcasting Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBU)

dragvision
22nd November 2012, 21:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X533UHd_-x0

Jim
22nd November 2012, 21:58
Wrong decision from Poland! I'm so sad! :(

A-lister
22nd November 2012, 22:42
Nope

European Broadcasting Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBU)

That's odd, I thought they were.

Anyways, I guess it's time for them to join then... I mean TVP has been handling this pretty bad for most parts, so I don't see others doing a WORSE job.

Narmina
23rd November 2012, 08:17
Second time in a row :( very sad :(

Milos-BC
23rd November 2012, 17:41
Too bad indeed :( I was very skeptic about a potential return, but I was like "hope dies last".

I am really sad because of this.

dizzydjc
26th November 2012, 16:21
They're this decades Austria it seems.

A-lister
26th November 2012, 18:05
They're this decades Austria it seems.

Well, it's better than being this decade's Italy, let alone this decade's Luxembourg, if that's the case we won't see them in ESC again for a veeery long time xcry

ERu
26th November 2012, 18:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14f9GrAHnUU

I would like to see Enej there one day :)

Also if Eurovision was passible for us this year, I would probably vote for LemON. Igor would kill it with his amazing voice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WikwZTC2NxI

Archer
27th November 2012, 17:09
Poland is one of the fastest growing economies these days, so what's the excuse this time ? protesting the bad results ? it sounds like a child sulking and saying " I will not play with you anymore ".

Matt
27th November 2012, 17:59
Interesting article.

Portugal and Poland drop out because winning would be disaster

READ MORE (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/boombangabust-glitz-of-eurovision-proves-too-costly-for-some-in-age-of-austerity-8348984.html)

Andrzej1987
27th November 2012, 18:12
Poland is one of the fastest growing economies these days, so what's the excuse this time ? protesting the bad results ? it sounds like a child sulking and saying " I will not play with you anymore ".

Poland's economy maybe growing (though people don't really feel it) but TVP is basically broke.