PDA

View Full Version : MOROCCO 2013 - not taking part

escYOUnited
27th April 2012, 04:06
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/graphics/flags/large/mo-lgflag.gif

Charly
27th April 2012, 08:43
These are the 1s I like to see: If we ever return >.>

Ryan Behlsen
http://5f.img.v4.skyrock.net/5f7/lara-record/pics/2996884767_1_3_mXaWD76p.jpg

Rajae El Mouhandiz
http://www.lanterntorch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/rajae.png

Nabila Maan:
http://www.hibamusic.com/ajouter2/files_uploded/photos_artiste/full_size/nabyla-maan-298-443-6770269.jpg

Lamia Zaidi Tay
http://ee.img.v4.skyrock.net/eee/luisafernanda-012/pics/2902118247_small_1.jpg

Mazagan
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1XWk5mHVnzs/0.jpg

Laila Ghofran
http://en.hibamusic.com/ajouter2/files_uploded/photos_artiste/full_size/laila-ghofran-168-5788-6866902.jpg

Mona Amarsha
http://en.hibamusic.com/ajouter2/files_uploded/photos_artiste/full_size/mona-amarsha-2004-27058-1601169.jpg

Saad Lamjaared
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2rYIsyk5ypA/0.jpg

And mostly Sofia Essaidi :D
http://www.sofia-web.com/images/videocaps/caftan09.jpg

NikkiBoy
27th April 2012, 17:35
Woukd be Nice to see them!

GRE
27th April 2012, 23:52
Well i have a feeling that next year Morocco will be back..!

Charly
30th April 2012, 09:17
EBU still gotta accept the application by 2M

:l

GRE
30th April 2012, 12:08
EBU still gotta accept the application by 2M

:l

When there will be the meeting?In May?

Charly
30th April 2012, 21:48
i think August

NikkiBoy
1st May 2012, 17:40
I hope Morocco return! :D

Fluke
27th May 2012, 03:46
Could it be.... that Loreen serves as an encouragment for them to join the contest? :p

NikkiBoy
27th May 2012, 09:19
If Morocco join ESC, Spain and Portugal will have a backup in voting, like Andorra :)

bubblingtrue
27th May 2012, 14:47
Lol great...even more disapora / bloc voting :-p

Quent91
27th May 2012, 14:49
Lol great...even more disapora / bloc voting :-p

that's why I'm not fan of Morroco's return

ory26
27th May 2012, 15:16
that's why I'm not fan of Morroco's return

Me too.

Charly
27th May 2012, 15:45
If Morocco join ESC, Spain and Portugal will have a backup in voting, like Andorra :)

Not sure of Spain of giving much points :lol:

Grinch
27th May 2012, 23:07
I hope they return :)

Andrzej1987
27th May 2012, 23:56
I wouldn't mind seeing Morocco in the competition since the only time they did participate was before I was born. Diaspora voting could become a problem, but if that network which is interested in the contest, is accepted by the EBU there's nothing that could stop them from participating.

A-lister
28th May 2012, 00:56
Personally I'm opposed to the idea. I know current EBU rules couldn't care less if a country is part of Europe or not (hey they would even add China and Australia in if possible), but personally I would keep the EURO in EUROvision. I have nothing against Morocco or its people, so that's not really the case. I just don't want Eurovision to become too big for its own good, and then limiting it to independent European countries that lies within geographical Europe (plus the obvious exceptions for the close-by culturally European countries that already taken part in this too many times that it would just be odd to throw them out all out of sudden).

And oh, yeah it would add another diaspora king in the contest :lol:

rajo
28th May 2012, 01:02
Well, I don't get your point. I am also not in favour of Morocco, but on the contrary to your darling Kazakhstan Morocco is at least in the same time zone.
Anyway, Eurovision would get too bloated, and would finally collapse.....

A-lister
28th May 2012, 01:08
Well, I don't get your point. I am also not in favour of Morocco, but on the contrary to your darling Kazakhstan Morocco is at least in the same time zone.
Anyway, Eurovision would get too bloated, and would finally collapse.....

Kazakhstan is not my darling, nor is it the opposite. I'm completely neutral to both of these countries. I already argued in here and in the Kazakh thread how I see Eurovision.

And not just geographically, but culturally Kazakhstan is way more Europe than this.

As far as time-zones goes, Ghana and Angola is also in the same as most Europe, so should they join then?

rajo
28th May 2012, 01:16
Angola could help Portugal with the score :D

But if Eurovision wants to expand, than rather within timezones and not into Central Asia. So, I would go for Morocco or Angola than for Kazakhstan, if my life depended on it. However, I don't want any of these countries in.

A-lister
28th May 2012, 01:19
Angola could help Portugal with the score :D

But if Eurovision wants to expand, than rather within timezones and not into Central Asia. So, I would go for Morocco or Angola than for Kazakhstan, if my life depended on it. However, I don't want any of these countries in.

I'd rather it stays within the geographical area.

And Africa instead of a cultural European country which IS partly within the continent? Oh well... I differ on that one :)

rajo
28th May 2012, 01:23
Why is Kazakhstan a cultural European country? Because it was once in the Soviet union? What did we have in common with Soviets? Nothing.
And for Kazakhstan, it has a genuine oriental history and a great heritage (e.g. Silk Road) but there is no European share with that....

A-lister
28th May 2012, 01:26
Why is Kazakhstan a cultural European country? Because it was once in the Soviet union? What did we have in common with Soviets? Nothing.
And for Kazakhstan, it has a genuine oriental history and a great heritage (e.g. Silk Road) but there is no European share with that....

Because of 300 years of Russian dominance and influence. This country has barely been independent for the last centuries, and before that it was more sort of nomad-land anyways. Whether you like it or not, Russia is Europe and although it differs from Western or Central-Europe, it's still a European country, European nationality and European culture.

rajo
28th May 2012, 01:38
So you say the people got russified. Being under the influence of a certain power doesn't make them share a heritage with us Europeans. We have plenty of other colonies and countries we share cultural things with, just because we obtruded them to them. We really can't bring them all in to Eurovision.

btw. I already count the maximum of 50 countries for Eurovision within our common understanding of "Europe" (42 countries of this year plus Poland, Czech Rep., Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Kosovo, Armenia, Luxembourg). So, no need to seek extra participants :)

A-lister
28th May 2012, 01:42
So you say the people got russified. Being under the influence of a certain power doesn't make them share a heritage with us Europeans. We have plenty of other colonies and countries we share cultural things with, just because we obtruded them to them. We really can't bring them all in to Eurovision.

btw. I already count the maximum of 50 countries for Eurovision within our common understanding of "Europe" (42 countries of this year plus Poland, Czech Rep., Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Kosovo, Armenia, Luxembourg). So, no need to seek extra participants :)

Russified yes indeed, not even comparable to European colonies in let's say Africa.

NikkiBoy
28th May 2012, 09:46
I don't now about their participations for ::ma Morocco, but i hope for :D

Jim
28th May 2012, 21:37
Me too. I hope for Morocco!

CypriotGirl
31st May 2012, 21:35
What about after Loreen winning, to be interested to join again?

Andrzej1987
31st May 2012, 21:39
Would Morrocan tv stations be allowed to show Israeli entries?

Charly
2nd June 2012, 21:54
^
Ofcourse we have no problem with Israel :lol:

Our Government sometimes have secret meetings with Israeli Knesset etc. ;)

And many Israeli singers performed in Morocco :D including thousands travel to Morocco for Holiday even for the Passover which destination was Marrakech :P

AdelAdel
2nd June 2012, 22:03
^

And many Israeli singers performed in Morocco :D including thousands travel to Morocco for Holiday even for the Passover which destination was Marrakech :P

As far as I know, Morocco (the government) does not recognize the state of Israel.
Also, back in 1980, the only reason Morocco took part was because Israel withdrew that year.

Andrzej1987
2nd June 2012, 23:07
^

Those meetings aren't that secret, are they? :D
The peoblem with some Arab states lies in their laws which prohibit showing Israeli entries so is there such a law in Morocco? Can SNRT or 2M TV (if they are accepted by the EBU) show Israeli paricipants?

theCONWEL
2nd June 2012, 23:19
If they do return, I am praying for Sofia Essaidi! :D

Charly
3rd June 2012, 10:55
Those meetings aren't that secret, are they? :D
The peoblem with some Arab states lies in their laws which prohibit showing Israeli entries so is there such a law in Morocco? Can SNRT or 2M TV (if they are accepted by the EBU) show Israeli paricipants?

Well in March there was a meeting in the Moroccan Parliament with a few Israeli Diplomats :lol:
But it is semi-recognize :D Also had a trading office in 2001 (: with Moroccan Passports can obtain visa at arrival!
There is no such law ;) and indeed they are allowed to show Israeli participants as you realise about 1-2 million out of 6 is Moroccan in Israel and many of them travel to Morocco ;)

So as a Religious Tolerant Country both broadcasters are allowed to show Israel xD

Charly
3rd June 2012, 10:56
If they do return, I am praying for Sofia Essaidi! :D

Sofia Essaidi, Sarah Riani or Amel Bent :D

Charly
4th June 2012, 12:47
Look what I found :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjuGhdFS_aA

GRE
4th June 2012, 12:50
Is this the chanel that is interested in Eurovision?

Charly
4th June 2012, 12:57
^Yes

GRE
4th June 2012, 12:58
Τhanks!
Thats interesting.
Although every year we hear rumors about Morocco,and then...:(

Jim
5th June 2012, 23:06
I believe that Morocco will participate next year (and now from their TV-news...We can guess)!

Charly
6th June 2012, 00:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anRokgUdsOg&feature=plcp

rajo
6th June 2012, 20:50
According to these clarifications on ESCtoday, I guess we can finally drop the entire Morocco/Liechtenstein/Qatar/Kazakhstan discussions for the following years, unless something is happening.

These speculations have no substance at all and are useless.

dragvision
27th July 2012, 08:18
Send an email to Moroccan television, asking him to return to participate in the ESC next year, I have already sent, here is the address, click below on " contactez les webmaster", write in French, English or Arabic
SNRT - SOCIETE NATIONALE DE RADIODIFFUSION ET DE TELEVISION (http://www.snrt.ma/contact.php)

NikkiBoy
27th July 2012, 11:05
Send an email to Moroccan television, asking him to return to participate in the ESC next year, I have already sent, here is the address, click below on " contactez les webmaster", write in French, English or Arabic
SNRT - SOCIETE NATIONALE DE RADIODIFFUSION ET DE TELEVISION (http://www.snrt.ma/contact.php)
I did! :-D

Sim
27th July 2012, 12:32
I"ve sent it:P

Hope they have time to read xd

CC92
27th July 2012, 14:34
I love Arabesque music and also Berber music is cool (though not my métier) and for sure a it would be a cultural enrichment, however, I demur at the right point in time for Morocco to come back. They probably would of done great in the 00's but with the 'jury' on board I do not see these styles getting anywhere and I am definitely not keen on just having another Azerbaijan or even French diaspora artists in.

A-lister
27th July 2012, 15:26
No, we don't need another diaspora heavy country, and it's not in Europe...

yeah yeah, I sound like a broken record and I know the EBU rules *yawn*... but there I said it!

LalehForWD
27th July 2012, 16:26
Please help me with a polite French message!

Gestion de la télévision distingué.
Je voudrais bien votre participation à l'Eurovision Song Contest.

Sincèrement XXX.

OK?

seb89
27th July 2012, 16:42
Madame, Monsieur,

Je voudrais bien que vous participiez de nouveau au Concours Eurovision de la Chanson.

Veuillez recevoir, Madame, Monsieur, mes salutations distinguées.

I'm not sure, maybe a French person can help you better. I always use these formulations.

Sim
27th July 2012, 17:17
^^

that's what I've learnt at school to :p

Charly
27th July 2012, 21:03
^

Sending emails to SNRT? LOOOOOOL

Have they actually replied to any of you? maybe try and send in Darija (Moroccan Arabic) hehe c;

LalehForWD
27th July 2012, 21:12
Madame, Monsieur,

Je voudrais bien que vous participiez de nouveau au Concours Eurovision de la Chanson.

Veuillez recevoir, Madame, Monsieur, mes salutations distinguées.

I'm not sure, maybe a French person can help you better. I always use these formulations.

Great I will mail them! English isn't very safe since they may not understand. :p
Thanks. :)

LalehForWD
27th July 2012, 21:15
^

Sending emails to SNRT? LOOOOOOL

Have they actually replied to any of you? maybe try and send in Darija (Moroccan Arabic) hehe c;

Yes, please write a message in Arabic. At least it shows that we cared and tried our best.
I don't think it matters if they answer and it doesn't hurt to try. :)

LalehForWD
27th July 2012, 21:18
Posted in French. :)

seb89
28th July 2012, 01:54
Great I will mail them! English isn't very safe since they may not understand. :p
Thanks. :)

You're welcome ;)

NikkiBoy
28th July 2012, 10:49
hope we will see them in the future :-)

Quent91
28th July 2012, 23:35
Madame, Monsieur,

je représente un groupe de fans du Concours Eurovision de la chanson localisé à travers l'Europe et au nom de tous, je vous écris afin de savoir si vous projetiez de tenter un retour au concours dans les années à venir ? Une réponse favorable ne pourrait que nous rendre plus heureux que jamais.

Merci d'avance de votre réponse et (peut-être) à bientôt à l'Eurovision,
xxx

Charly
17th August 2012, 11:21
Has there been any replies from SNRT? ;)

DannyDS
17th August 2012, 20:01
Morocco in ESC anytime soon?

Not gonna happen.

Sim
17th August 2012, 20:04
Whenever Israel participates, they will not return i'm afraid

Yoni
17th August 2012, 21:09

don't think it has anything relating to that because relations has improved since then, I guess they'll only return once 2MTV gets its EBU membership

A-lister
17th August 2012, 21:15

Good, Israel better never withdraw otherwise ESC will become a musical copy of the UN-farce...

Sim
17th August 2012, 21:52
don't think it has anything relating to that because relations has improved since then, I guess they'll only return once 2MTV gets its EBU membership

the only time they did participate, Israel didn't
don't think the cultural and political climate in Morrocco has changed, so I'm afraid even if 2MTV gets the membership

DannyDS
17th August 2012, 21:55
We already know where Belgium's 12 points would go to :D

Sim
17th August 2012, 21:58
^^

do we have a Moroccan community in Belgium?:o
never noticed that :P

Charly
17th August 2012, 22:01

+1

Our relations are fine, it just SNRT cant be arsed to pay extra money =.= But following the past EBU Meetings they have been very active which made it more possible.

but the downtime is our Prime Minister wwho has been engaged in aa Media War between them SNRT and 2M, especially against 2M like he wanted to decrease the French to Arabic etc. and in a war with the 2M Reporters such as in 2003 deadly Casablanca Bombings 2M blamed his party for the bombings alongside some Algerian backed terrorists.

A-lister
17th August 2012, 22:02
We already know where Belgium's 12 points would go to :D

Another reason why I'm opposing this potential entrance, we don't need another "Turkey" in the contest (no offense Turkey) ... diaspora voting is already too problematic for this contest.

And I still believe that Eurovision should stay a contest for European countries, no more non-European expansion (no offense Morocco, it's not against the country... it's more a vision of Eurovision)... if people want WorldVision or UN-Vision they can start a new contest.

Charly
17th August 2012, 22:03
^^

They do say Italy and Belgium are the bin for Moroccans xrofl3 about 300,000 Moroccans living in Belgium including family members of our neighbour

DannyDS
17th August 2012, 22:04
^^

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/oprah_laughing_animated_gif.gif

You just cracked me up :p

Yoni
17th August 2012, 22:07
the only time they did participate, Israel didn't
don't think the cultural and political climate in Morrocco has changed, so I'm afraid even if 2MTV gets the membership

seems like you ignored the "SINCE THEN" part :P

Charly
17th August 2012, 22:29
^

Thousands of Israelis traveled to Marrakech also for Passover which went no problem even our biggest hotels Sofitel and the newest 1 Adam Park did special things for it with all food Kosher lol :3

No Violence at all ^.^

noexcuse
20th August 2012, 22:28
I hope to se Morocco in eurovision. :)

NikkiBoy
22nd August 2012, 20:16
Morocco in ESC?
Maybe in 2080, so is it 100 years ago they participated in 1980. They will withdraw and return to ESC 2180! xD

ItalianEurofan
22nd August 2012, 22:28
Am I the only one who doesn't want Morocco in the Eurovision? LOL :)

A-lister
22nd August 2012, 23:32
Am I the only one who doesn't want Morocco in the Eurovision? LOL :)

No, I'm on team "no Morocco and no more non- European geographical expansion of Eurovision" aswell ;)

People in here would welcome the whole world, seems like they forgot even the name of this contest :lol:

Jim
22nd August 2012, 23:35
I don't want Morocco in Eurovision too! But I want Morocco and all the countries of the world to a new contest, a worldvision that I believe that we'll have in future...

A-lister
22nd August 2012, 23:38
I don't want Morocco in Eurovision too! But I want Morocco and all the countries of the world to a new contest, a worldvision that I believe that we'll have in future...

That's totally fine, but I just don't want Eurovision to transform into Worldvision though, if people want Worldvision then let it be a separate thing... they'll notice pretty quickly that it won't work well anyways, because while technical solutions might be there, the time differences and all will hinder it to be a functional experience and organization imo...

Jim
22nd August 2012, 23:41
Yes, I A-lister... I want 2 contest, the Eurovision and the Worldvision! This is the best!

CC92
23rd August 2012, 00:06
That's totally fine, but I just don't want Eurovision to transform into Worldvision though, if people want Worldvision then let it be a separate thing... they'll notice pretty quickly that it won't work well anyways, because while technical solutions might be there, the time differences and all will hinder it to be a functional experience and organization imo...

The thing you keep overlooking though is that 'Eurovision' and therefore all its eligible members have been strictly limited from the very first day. There is no fair chance or evidence for turning it into 'Worldvision' under the current rules. So to stay accurate to the facts, it is not so much the people who want Morocco in trying to expand the contest, but actually you are trying to scale the amount of accessible regions down. ;) Sure you can advocate the idea of an 'European contest', howsoever, that is not the true concept of ESC and as far as I know never was. 'Eurovision' is closely related to the geographical Europe, nevertheless not identical.
Personally though I am sceptical due to some other reasons stated earlier on this thread. I would have to wait for their entry frist until I could say if I was happy about their participation (but I do not believe it will happen anyway).

It feels a bit awkward for me to disagree with A-lister. Scary. Well, there had to be at least one issue. :p

Archer
23rd August 2012, 14:56
As long as they are an EBU member and located within the EBU lines, they can participate if they wish. I hope they use their right this year!

Yoni
23rd August 2012, 16:45
No, I'm on team "no Morocco and no more non- European geographical expansion of Eurovision" aswell ;)

People in here would welcome the whole world, seems like they forgot even the name of this contest :lol:

Aww but I don't want us out :(

A-lister
23rd August 2012, 18:00
Aww but I don't want us out :(

Where did I state that? I said no more non- European expansion, which means that the current geographically non- European participating countries can stay :)

Anyways, I always counted Israel to Europe anyways (although I know it's not geographically a part, but it's not as if it's far away on that matter either).

Matt
20th September 2012, 19:04
SNRT, the Moroccan national broadcaster has informed Esctoday.com that it has no intention of returning to the Eurovision Song Contest next year. Hence Morocco will not compete at the forthcoming 2013 Eurovision Song Contest.

Source (http://www.esctoday.com/?p=37565)

dragvision
20th September 2012, 19:57
FOR THE FIRST TIME MOROCCO TV GIVE INFORMATION ABOUT HIS PARTECIPATION, THIS IS A GOO NEW TOO.

A-lister
20th September 2012, 23:46
SNRT, the Moroccan national broadcaster has informed Esctoday.com that it has no intention of returning to the Eurovision Song Contest next year. Hence Morocco will not compete at the forthcoming 2013 Eurovision Song Contest.

Source (http://www.esctoday.com/?p=37565)

It's for the better, I stick to my opinion about Eurovision staying true to its name and concept.

Morocco can join Worldvision, Arabvision, Africavision or Mediterraneanvision instead and I wish them luck in any of those forums :)

dragvision
20th December 2012, 20:43
some news about morocco partecipation, they are withrew so late in september, never change in his mind? I hear they are riconsider they partecipation (ESCnation) someone know some?

GRE
20th December 2012, 20:44
I hear they are riconsider they partecipation (ESCnation) someone know some?
Ηow much you love trolling !