PDA

View Full Version : LEBANON 2013 - not taking part

escYOUnited
27th April 2012, 04:00
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/graphics/flags/large/le-lgflag.gif

GRE
28th April 2012, 00:05
Sorry,but at this moment,it seems dificult imao for Lebanon to be in esc while Israel is in.

Salmon
28th April 2012, 17:44
Don't want to start yet another political debate, but Israel is in, you Lebanese guys. Get over it.

NikkiBoy
28th April 2012, 22:24
Why can't Israel and Lebanon be?

Matt
29th April 2012, 04:30
Why can't Israel and Lebanon be?

If my memory serves me correctly, Lebanon's law prevents them from broadcasting anything related to Israel which would include the performance at ESC, since that is against the EBU rules Lebanon won't be able to take part until they introduce some kind of legislating abolishing that law.

NikkiBoy
29th April 2012, 19:53
Ohh sad. ):

sokyratis555
29th May 2012, 06:03
i dont even know why theres a thread annually with lebanon, as matt said, laws prohibit them from properly being a part of the contest, its a stupid stupid law, and nothing can happen till then.

CPV4931
29th May 2012, 11:33
I would like to see them in the contest but not without Israel taking part.
So sadly this wouldn´t happen the next years.

A-lister
29th May 2012, 12:21
I won't like to see them for the very same reason as Morocco or Australia or China or whatever country.

Also they simply don't respect Eurovision tradition, so for that very reason no (and I'm referring to their behavior regarding Israel).

AdelAdel
29th May 2012, 20:56
I don't get why are there threads of countries that have no chances of participating like Lebanon or Kazakhstan. It would be more logical to put an Egypt topic - they recognize Israel and they are undergoing political reforms.

Matt
29th May 2012, 20:58
I don't get why are there threads of countries that have no chances of participating like Lebanon or Kazakhstan. It would be more logical to put an Egypt topic - they recognize Israel and they are undergoing political reforms.

While the odds are slim, there are always the possibility e.g. they change their laws, Israel decides to withdraw etc.

AdelAdel
29th May 2012, 21:00
While the odds are slim, there are always the possibility e.g. they change their laws, Israel decides to withdraw etc.

If Israel withdraws I bet most of Arabic countries will try to take part :D

Grinch
29th May 2012, 22:30
If my memory serves me correctly, Lebanon's law prevents them from broadcasting anything related to Israel which would include the performance at ESC, since that is against the EBU rules Lebanon won't be able to take part until they introduce some kind of legislating abolishing that law.

That's stupid :?

bubblingtrue
30th May 2012, 13:34

I'm with you on that! There are threads in this forum for countries that have no indication of returning, or have even hinted at returning to the contest, like Monaco and Luxembourg for instance. It is just fulfilling someones fantasy to see all these country names on the Eurovision 2013 forum!!!

Emreign
31st May 2012, 19:47
I have a dream about Lebanon every year ! :( NAncy Ajram , Haifa Wehbe , Yara ,Elissa, Myriam Fares , Iwan , Massari .... :( LOVE THEM !

Israeliboy
1st June 2012, 09:05
They will never back, one random event that can happen. Lebanon wins the contest, and Israel wanna join it the year after in Lebanon, what will they do? ;)

Sim
1st June 2012, 09:06
^^

hoping that esc stands above politics?

Yoni
1st June 2012, 10:49
I'm pretty sure they abolished that silly law already, i guess they just don't want in ^^

Sean
1st June 2012, 11:06
Wasn't there another broadcaster in Lebanon who wanted to join, and didn't mind Israel? What ever happened to them?

Andrzej1987
1st June 2012, 12:13
Wasn't there another broadcaster in Lebanon who wanted to join, and didn't mind Israel? What ever happened to them?
I think that was Morroco

ParadiseES
1st June 2012, 12:51
This is the same story. I would like to see them in ESC, but that's not going to happen in the short term ;)

GRE
1st June 2012, 13:06
Why do we keep talking about Lebanon,we all know the will not join Eurovision with their own rules.

bubblingtrue
3rd June 2012, 00:20
Why do we keep talking about Lebanon,we all know the will not join Eurovision with their own rules.

Like I said before, it is just fulfilling someone's fantasy to have all these topics in the 2013 forum, for countries that will not be present in 2013, and I don't undertstand the point? Lebanon, Kazakhstan - no hope on them being at ESC next year...so why have the topics!!

Miguel
11th October 2012, 03:51
For those who are questioning this thread... I read somewhere that Lebanon has changed the rules and is now allowing Israeli material on TV. Is it true!? That said, they can make their debut anytime.

While I was searching for "Lebanon in Eurovision" subject, I came across this fun fact: in 2007, Lebanon-born singer Mika stated that he was interested in entering the contest for Lebanon in 2008. :o

And then I discovered the 2005 Lebanese entry: "Quand tout s'enfuit" performed by Aline Lahoud. It sounds amazing! I really think Lebanon would bring some diversity to the contest, judging by their entry. It's a shame political issues continue to interfere with something harmless like Music. xbeee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP979AMuuP8

penguinperson
11th October 2012, 09:24
Yup Mika said he'd enter for Lebanon or the UK. He wouldn't for France if they asked though.

evilperson
12th October 2012, 01:05
And then I discovered the 2005 Lebanese entry: "Quand tout s'enfuit" performed by Aline Lahoud. It sounds amazing! I really think Lebanon would bring some diversity to the contest, judging by their entry.

While I liked this song and thought it would do well back in 2005, I'd hardly call it bringing diversity to ESC. Ironically in that ESC, it's rival would have been the Israeli entry since they both aimed at being dramatic ballads. Monaco was in that mix as well but that was more old-fashioned.

A-lister
12th October 2012, 03:00
While I liked this song and thought it would do well back in 2005, I'd hardly call it bringing diversity to ESC. Ironically in that ESC, it's rival would have been the Israeli entry since they both aimed at being dramatic ballads. Monaco was in that mix as well but that was more old-fashioned.

I loved that supposed Lebanese debut entry, it would have faired very well. However, I think they got what they deserved and I don't wish to see them back quite honestly.

ERu
23rd November 2012, 16:46
I have a dream about Lebanon every year ! :( NAncy Ajram , Haifa Wehbe , Yara ,Elissa, Myriam Fares , Iwan , Massari .... :( LOVE THEM !

I love Nancy and Elissa too! That'd be amazing to see them there!

All of these political problems are so wrong. Why can't just countries get along? ;(