Jukica
27th April 2012, 19:15
Infernal xcheerxcheer Aura Dione would be good too :D

Charly
27th April 2012, 19:59
Outlandish :p

Jeffie
29th April 2012, 15:01
As for every year... There is not going to be mainstream artists in the DMGP. They don't need it..

A-lister
1st May 2012, 13:36
Something in Danish for a change? I know that chances for a bigger name entering is small, but atleast something in style of actual current Danish music scene?

Medina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmr-EFuIkP8&feature=plcp

Rasmus Seebach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoJVi5J4qJc&ob=av2n

Svenstrup & Vendelboe (feat. ?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT_nGiOlEiI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YeTVr7PJA&feature=plcp

Alphabeat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93W-PMIH67A&feature=relmfu

Jeffie
2nd May 2012, 15:59
Unknown (indie) names > The Danish mainstream scene, I don't get what people finds so good about Medina & Rasmus Seebach etc.. :)

daniels1000
3rd May 2012, 01:29
Soluna Samay again xheart

Matt
3rd May 2012, 01:36
Props to Denmark for not doing the artist recycle game like most countries do. I don't even remember the last time they had a returning artist so I hope they'll continue that tradition.

NikkiBoy
3rd May 2012, 16:33
Im From ::dk Denmark and we are holding "Dansk melodi grand Prix", we can have wildcards like "Jesper - Take our Hearts". Jesper was in x Factor 2010 from Denmark. But we hold the tradtion with "new" stars :D

Jeffie
9th May 2012, 06:35
I wouldn't call anyone from X-Factor a star... Just look at the "successful" winners of the show.. Jesper = Unknown, especially when there was a bigger "star" in the contest this years you could have choosen to mention in the former S.O.A.P. girl Suriya.. :) But I'm happy that DMGP gives new names a chance to show themselves on national TV :)

Charly
28th May 2012, 22:50
DR has confirmed the Danish Participation 2013.

sokyratis555
29th May 2012, 06:12
DR has confirmed the Danish Participation 2013.

im very glad to hear that. it was definitely an unjust result for denmark this year. good luck to them

CPV4931
29th May 2012, 11:35
Nice to hear that :-)
But it was only a logic consequence... they were very successful the last few years (except 2012 of course)

Jeffie
29th May 2012, 16:08
im very glad to hear that. it was definitely an unjust result for denmark this year. good luck to them

DR are so happy that our song ended 5th in your voting that it is the front page news on the DR Eurovision site XD

Knubelznarm
29th May 2012, 18:05
I predict that we will have a much more 'risky' entry from Denmark next year. If the lesson hasn't sunken into the heads of DR by now, i don't know if it ever will... BE CREATIVE B!TCHES.

No Name
31st May 2012, 15:39
I just wish DR will put more effort into finding some quality acts instead of fancy stage designs with water and whatever crap they've come up with. Save all that for a possible hosting some time...in a distant future. :rolleyes:

Production-wise our NF's have been on MF-level, just a pity the same thing can't be said about the songs. If DR wants to win as much as they say they do they should really get out of their bubble for a change and take a look around our great and diverse music-scene which DR happens to neglect every year.

Wouldn't really fancy an up-tempo song to be honest. It's not like I don't like such songs, but we're simply not good at it. Sweden can get away with it, but it's not our field at all. I'd love Electric Lady Lab or something like that, but most dance/up-tempo songs here are cringeworthy and only becomes good after sufficient intake of alcohol. If we wanna stand out a bit (and why stop there? maybe even win) we'd better not send something up-tempo as Sweden will always overshadow us completely. We have a great indie/pop-scene however and if just a small part of it was represented in DMGP, I'd die happy.

Knubelznarm
31st May 2012, 20:39
I'd love Electric Lady Lab or something like that

xwoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlS1sLFlUfU

CypriotGirl
5th June 2012, 19:45
Big yes to Electric Lady Lab!!!

LalehForWD
2nd July 2012, 08:55
Oh yes. You & Me is simply a smash hit!! xlove
Imagination is another good one.

http://costume.dk/image/480120/0/500/620
Stine Hjelm Jacobsen - great voice!! xheartxheart

Their other songs are kind of bland though (or is it just spineless production?). Stine's singing on the Flash! album is super good and fascinating, but the music doesn't really keep up with her BMO. For me, many of the synth sounds and beats comes out weak and feels cheap.

NikkiBoy
2nd July 2012, 15:09
Denmark (my country) is always picking new stars. But Soluna Samay was a Wildcard, because she was famous.
Electric Lady Lab can be chose :)

Sean
8th July 2012, 14:20
Denmark must be rubbing their hands with glee now. They're likely to make more money from tourism than Malmö will :lol:

KaptenFisk
10th July 2012, 12:15
I know it will never happen but give us Lukas Graham, pleeease.

NikkiBoy
10th July 2012, 15:22
Lukas Graham said one time "X Factor is crap - and all the other competitions". So i don't think we will see Lukas Graham in the future :-P

Matt
11th July 2012, 23:19
Denmark calls for songs with "a strong chorus" for 2013

http://www.eurovision.tv/save-files/resizes/18/74/95/04/9d/d9/dc/be/f9/70/0a/d1/5b/f1/16/f8/P1110316.jpg

Danish broadcaster DR has called for entries to be submitted for its national selection Dansk Melodi Grand Prix. Who is going to be Soluna Samay's successor in Malmö

READ HERE (http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=denmark_calls_for_songs_with_a_strong_chor us_for_2013)

A-lister
22nd July 2012, 03:38
Denmark must be rubbing their hands with glee now. They're likely to make more money from tourism than Malmö will :lol:

Yup, SVT and Swedish tax payers will pay for the event - While Denmark will make the profit.

Do I need to mention again I H A T E SVT?

Anyways, song in Danish in 2013 thank you! It's been too long! Maybe with lyrics with a hidden message about how stupid Sweden is compared to Denmark :lol:

NikkiBoy
28th July 2012, 18:51
Yup, SVT and Swedish tax payers will pay for the event - While Denmark will make the profit.

Do I need to mention again I H A T E SVT?

Anyways, song in Danish in 2013 thank you! It's been too long! Maybe with lyrics with a hidden message about how stupid Sweden is compared to Denmark :lol:
If we participate with a danish song, we can say now "Let's try again in 2014" :o

A-lister
28th July 2012, 19:16
If we participate with a danish song, we can say now "Let's try again in 2014" :o

So what? I prefer genuine entries...

Looking at the Danish music scene, the majority of local hits are indeed in Danish.. so these English songs doesn't even represent the contemporary Danish music scene.

CC92
28th July 2012, 23:19

This year a song in Udmurtian reached 2nd place so your argument is clearly invalidated. Also, as if you have been sooo successful for the last ten years. Nope. Denmark's track record gets really overrated at times; tbh it is not that great. There are a lot of countries which often have sung in their national language and have done better than you.

NikkiBoy
28th July 2012, 23:21
So what? I prefer genuine entries...

Looking at the Danish music scene, the majority of local hits are indeed in Danish.. so these English songs doesn't even represent the contemporary Danish music scene.
BUT, we will miss the final if our song is danish. In DMGP 2012, we only participate with 1 danish song. I want my country ::dk Denmark to qualify for the final and do it well like 2010 and 2011. If we participate with a danish song, we will have 9-10 points or something - just in the SEMIFINAL.
I like the danish, but not for Eurovision. :?

NikkiBoy
28th July 2012, 23:23
This year a song in Udmurtian reached 2nd place so your argument is clearly invalidated. Also as if you have been sooo successful the last ten years. Somehow Denmark's track record gets really overrated at times; tbh it is not that great. There are a lot of countries which often have sung in their national language and have done better than you.
Yes, i know. But Russia is a popular country in ESC. Denmark is small. Udmurt is more popular in ESC then Danish would be.

CC92
28th July 2012, 23:33
^ The range of Udmurt is extremely small. Apart from Russia, there are only a few speakers in Finland who understand it. Even Danish is more widespread in Europe. And the bloc votin' agurment does not work here either as Russia still would of come second if all ex-Soviet countries had ignored it. :D
A good/popular song will always do well, regardless of the language in which it is written. But it also stands out among all the English entries.

NikkiBoy
28th July 2012, 23:57
^ The range of Udmurt is extremely small. Apart from Russia, there are only a few speakers in Finland who understand it. Even Danish is more widespread in Europe. And the bloc votin' agurment does not work here either as Russia still would of come second if all ex-Soviet countries had ignored it. :D
A good/popular song will always do well, regardless of the language in which it is written. But it also stands out among all the English entries.
Thanks! ;-D

A-lister
29th July 2012, 00:20
BUT, we will miss the final if our song is danish. In DMGP 2012, we only participate with 1 danish song. I want my country ::dk Denmark to qualify for the final and do it well like 2010 and 2011. If we participate with a danish song, we will have 9-10 points or something - just in the SEMIFINAL.
I like the danish, but not for Eurovision. :?

No you won't if the song is good/interesting/original or whatever... (but in a good way).

Look at Albania 2012... top. 5 with a very special type of ballad in native language.

Jukica
25th September 2012, 18:29
More info:

DR has received 692 songs (record), there are rumours that Niels Brink and Muri & Mario have sent the songs

NikkiBoy
25th September 2012, 21:42
More info:
Here's what i think;
I don't think Muri & Mario will be in DMGP, they can't win for us in Malmö and Niels Brink had got the chance, let's have some new!

Starmania
25th September 2012, 22:21
Some few old faces would be nice, such as Anne Noa, but not Brinck.
I can't wait for DMGP 2013. DMGP has the best stage and i love some songs every year. In last edition, Universe became my favorite ESC-related song for 2012.
I hope this edition will be better.

NikkiBoy
26th September 2012, 19:38
Some few old faces would be nice, such as Anne Noa, but not Brinck.
I can't wait for DMGP 2013. DMGP has the best stage and i love some songs every year. In last edition, Universe became my favorite ESC-related song for 2012.
I hope this edition will be better.
DMGP 2013 is amazing!!!

Matt
2nd October 2012, 19:04
[B]DR, the Danish national broadcaster has informed that the 2013 Danish national final will be held sometime at the end of January or early February next year. DR will be revealing the name of the host city, the venue and the date of the 2013 Dansk Melodi Grand Prix in due course.

Source (http://www.esctoday.com/?p=37740)

Matt
4th October 2012, 21:42
DR, the Danish national broadcaster has revealed that the 2013 Danish Eurovision national final will be held on the 26th of January in Herning, at the Jyske Bank Boxen.

Nikoreindeer1973
23rd October 2012, 13:29
Herning will host the biggest Grand Prix ever!Herning vært for det største Grand Prix nogensinde - dr.dk/Melodi Grand Prix/Artikler (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/grandprixcity2013.htm?WBCMODE=nh..%22+naq+%22198)

Venage
16th November 2012, 21:37
Please send Lukas Graham. You would definitely get my vote :D

NikkiBoy
16th November 2012, 23:14
Please send Lukas Graham. You would definitely get my vote :D
Lukas Graham is really good and we are happy to say he's Danish! :)
But he sang in x Factor 2012 in March, and he hated it... He will never inter x Factor and Eurovision Song Contest he said in a interview.

Venage
17th November 2012, 00:04
Lukas Graham is really good and we are happy to say he's Danish! :)
But he sang in x Factor 2012 in March, and he hated it... He will never inter x Factor and Eurovision Song Contest he said in a interview.

He sang in X-Factor? I didn't know that, I always thought it was just a normal band which got famous through live concerts and such ... ^^ He is lucky though as all the bands and singers of German casting shows flopped.

So sad that he won't enter the ESC as he is just amazing at singing live and climbs up the German charts with every day. I'm curious what songs will be on his debut album. Sadly we still have to wait a few days to find out :)

By the way, I LOVE the live version of "Drunk in the morning" which he performed in Berlin at the Mauerpark (where the former wall stood):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRRCw4Rdkwo

NikkiBoy
17th November 2012, 21:10
He sang in X-Factor? I didn't know that, I always thought it was just a normal band which got famous through live concerts and such ... ^^ He is lucky though as all the bands and singers of German casting shows flopped.

So sad that he won't enter the ESC as he is just amazing at singing live and climbs up the German charts with every day. I'm curious what songs will be on his debut album. Sadly we still have to wait a few days to find out :)

By the way, I LOVE the live version of "Drunk in the morning" which he performed in Berlin at the Mauerpark (where the former wall stood):

Oooh, i will never say never, but i can't see him in ESC.
But let's see, hope and wait for the future :)

Jeffie
25th November 2012, 21:42

I have to reply here.. He has never been in X-Factor as a participant :) - But he performed on stage with this years winner in the final :)

Knubelznarm
25th November 2012, 21:49
Without having heard any of the songs, I think Muri & Mario will win. But I don't really care for my own country. Boring music.

A-lister
25th November 2012, 22:54
Without having heard any of the songs, I think Muri & Mario will win. But I don't really care for my own country. Boring music.

I don't think you have boring music, but your ESC selection has very little to do with your actual music scene though and most of the stuff there is very dated and safe unfortunately :(

Muri & Mario???

Knubelznarm
25th November 2012, 23:36
Muri & Mario???

It's not even sure if they'll have a song in the final, but one half of the duo delievered 3 songs for this year's DMGP. If they end up with a song in the final selection, which sounds like their huge local summerhit, I believe they have a good chance to win, because the danish public LOVES songs like these. But of course it's only my speculations...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWg76HeMmfA

A-lister
25th November 2012, 23:40
^
Omg I hate that song :lol:

Where's acts like Medina? xgaah

Knubelznarm
26th November 2012, 00:15
... Busy trying to conquer the rest of the world ;) She will NEVER be seen in Eurovision. We can only hope for completely new danish acts.

A-lister
26th November 2012, 00:30
... Busy trying to conquer the rest of the world ;) She will NEVER be seen in Eurovision. We can only hope for completely new danish acts.

I know, but couldn't some cool composers/producers add an entry to another act willing to go though? In the end of the day it's about the songs. What I meant is that I wish to hear some actual contemporary Danish music in there. I love Danish club/dance music in Danish, really good.

Knubelznarm
26th November 2012, 01:00
Dansk Melodi Grand Prix is sorta like Melodifestivalen. It's a closed group of people that "own" the contest. You rarely see new composers. But maybe this year xpray

NikkiBoy
1st December 2012, 23:44
Denmark is so focused about winning in Malmö now, so i don't think we will have a great song, because we work more for a good song then for a good singer.

CypriotGirl
6th December 2012, 15:36
Denmark is so focused about winning in Malmö now, so i don't think we will have a great song, because we work more for a good song then for a good singer.

What you said contradicts itself :?

How can Denmark be focused about winning and you work for a good song, but you don't think you will have a great song. That doesn't make sense...

A-lister
6th December 2012, 15:48
What you said contradicts itself :?

How can Denmark be focused about winning and you work for a good song, but you don't think you will have a great song. That doesn't make sense...

You can win and end up high without having a good song...

Odalis
6th December 2012, 17:31
You can win and end up high without having a good song...

And we so proved it this year :lol:
I love danish NF, i think it's one of the best visually, along with MF and Norway's NF.

A-lister
6th December 2012, 18:17
And we so proved it this year :lol:
I love danish NF, i think it's one of the best visually, along with MF and Norway's NF.

Well, that's your opinion... imo Euphoria was a clear winner no doubt about it, and maybe the fact that it was such a runaway winner proved that I dunno.

Point is though that winning doesn't really reflect the quality, there's alot of factors that need to be counted in.

Odalis
7th December 2012, 06:52
Ummm, i wasn't talking about Euphoria, as you said "You can win and end up high without having a good song"
I was talking about this year's # 2, i'd never say that Euphoria is not a good song, there were better this year (in my book), but it's still a good song :)

A-lister
7th December 2012, 12:19
Ummm, i wasn't talking about Euphoria, as you said "You can win and end up high without having a good song"
I was talking about this year's # 2, i'd never say that Euphoria is not a good song, there were better this year (in my book), but it's still a good song :)

Oh you talked about YOUR song? :lol:

Well, I actually have a soft spot for the grannies... #2 is a bit too high, but I don't hate that song ;)

Odalis
7th December 2012, 13:25
Oh you talked about YOUR song? :lol:

Well, I actually have a soft spot for the grannies... #2 is a bit too high, but I don't hate that song ;)

Me neither, but i understand that if Loreen or Zeljko sang "Party for everybody" everyone would say "Ew, wtf is that??:lol:", so you cannot really put it into a "good song" category, it's cute because it sounds appropriate when it's sang by the grannies only, again that proves your point - you can end up real high without really having a Good Song :)

Matt
2nd January 2013, 21:16
Now we can reveal some further details of the competition, including a new an innovative stage design.

This year's Dansk Melodi Grand Prix will once again take place in the town of Herning in western Jutland, just as it did in 2001 and 2009. This time, however, it will take place at the Boxen arena, which is one of Denmark's largest indoor concert facilities. As such, this will be the biggest ever edition of Dansk Melodi Grand Prix

A lot of excitement surrounds the stage design for Dansk Melodi Grand Prix and broadcaster DR rarely disappoint, using the competition as a way to showcase innovative designs. In the last few years we have seen some excellent stage designs and this year's will be equally impressive.
Stage designer, Claus Zier explained that this year's stage will be the biggest in the competition's history to go with it being hosted in a new a large arena in Herning.
"This year we are using money on size; we need to do something to fill Boxen. The stage is made up of window shapes, rising diagonally upwards", explains Claus Zier who also compares the structure to the Opera House in Oslo, Norway.
The Green Room is another innovative feature of this year's competition, where like previous years it will form an integral part of the stage design.
"We are going all out with the Green Room this year. Previously we didn't dare to make it entirely green but we are daring now. There will be green sofas and litt window shaped walls. This will then result in a large LED screen to the rear of stage that looks like a huge paper aeroplane", Claus went on to explain.
Further elements of the stage design include advanced lighting and allowing the audience to get up close and personal with the stage, performers and presenters as seating will be place all around the Green Room area and the stage. This trend has also been reflected in other national selections including the Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix and of course the Eurovision Song Contest.

READ MORE (http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=71063&_t=more_details_of_the_danish_final_revealed)

DanielLuis
2nd January 2013, 21:42
Imagine when Denmark wins the ESC, what a great stage they'll have to make, in order to not disappoont fans :lol:

evilperson
2nd January 2013, 21:48
Yeah, the production value of DMGP is better than those of any other country.

A-lister
2nd January 2013, 23:51
Yeah, the production value of DMGP is better than those of any other country.

Well, they do put up a great national show (maybe not in terms of songs, but in terms of staging and production for sure... way better than MF that is overrated when it comes to production).... but I will never forget ESC 2001 which was pretty bad, that has to be one of the ugliest most boring stages in ESC for the past decades or so.

Matt
3rd January 2013, 18:40
Three former winners of the Eurovision Song Contest will be performing at this year’s Dansk Melodi Grand Prix,

Brotherhood of Man (::uk 1976)
Johnny Logan (::ie 1980 & 1987)
The Herreys (::se 1984)

And no, they're not trying to represent Denmark but just provide us with some good ol' ESC entertainment.

Jeffie
3rd January 2013, 19:23
Three former winners of the Eurovision Song Contest will be performing at this year’s Dansk Melodi Grand Prix,

Brotherhood of Man (::uk 1976)
Johnny Logan (::ie 1980 & 1987)
The Herreys (::se 1984)

And no, they're not trying to represent Denmark but just provide us with some good ol' ESC entertainment.

I like this.. Because these are fine artists and better then newer stuff they could have thrown on the stage.. - + it gives something for the older crowd who is much more likely to watch it since it is on a saturday :)

A-lister
3rd January 2013, 19:38
I like this.. Because these are fine artists and better then newer stuff they could have thrown on the stage.. - + it gives something for the older crowd who is much more likely to watch it since it is on a saturday :)

The Herreys "fine artists"? Oh well... :lol:

Matt
4th January 2013, 01:16
The Herreys "fine artists"? Oh well... :lol:

They are better now than they were then ;)

I love that song though

A-lister
5th January 2013, 02:00
They are better now than they were then ;)

I love that song though

Really? The only thing I know is that one of them is active in the Mormon church here in Sweden :lol:

I can't stand that song :lol:

VikingTiger
5th January 2013, 12:26
I am waiting for Denmark to take the trophy again. They continue coming up with decent entries (more or less) every year. Good quality stuff - even though for me personally Denmark has not been on my top 10 for many years.
One of these years they will come up with an act that stands out; modern and not so "safe" as these last years.

DanielLuis
5th January 2013, 13:37
The problem with the danish entries is that even though they're mostly good quality, they're just to safe and middle of the road to win. It has been like this since 2008.

VikingTiger
5th January 2013, 13:44
The problem with the danish entries is that even though they're mostly good quality, they're just to safe and middle of the road to win. It has been like this since 2008.

Quite right. But if Denmark keeps sending quality entries - they will finally chose "the right one" - something that is not so safe and middle of the road - but still quality!

Kryptonite
5th January 2013, 15:05
Well, if "safe" is a synonym for good - I agree! :lol: Denmark was in my personal top 5 in last 5 editions of ESC (3rd in 2012, 3rd in 2011, 3rd in 2010, 2nd in 2009 and 4th in 2008).

DanielLuis
5th January 2013, 16:26
Quite right. But if Denmark keeps sending quality entries - they will finally chose "the right one" - something that is not so safe and middle of the road - but still quality!

Well I do hope so. They just need a little push!

Knubelznarm
5th January 2013, 16:46
I'll be pissed if we send another boring entry with a boring melody in a boring genre. But I have a feeling there's something new on the way this year.

A-lister
5th January 2013, 23:31
I am waiting for Denmark to take the trophy again. They continue coming up with decent entries (more or less) every year. Good quality stuff - even though for me personally Denmark has not been on my top 10 for many years.
One of these years they will come up with an act that stands out; modern and not so "safe" as these last years.

2012 was a good entry, their best in years.

2011 was a rip-off, 2010 was partly a rip-off, the winner 2000 was a rip-off... I don't know where to start. Denmark is not doing much for me in ESC these days, very safe, very middle-of the road and the fact that some are even more or less plagiarism cases and the juries and EBU seem unbothered is a bit disturbing. Denmark's entries throughout the whole 00's more or less to me is jury food = safe, middle of the road, generic and dated...

Sorry Denmark, I love you but your ESC entries is mostly meh I'm afraid... xshrug

But yeah, 2012 was a great entry and deserved a better outcome!

Nikkita
6th January 2013, 10:44
Denmark always sends good quality stuff but if they win,they'll need a more striking song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jauthmokKWk
Something silly but showy like this could help.

A-lister
6th January 2013, 18:21
^
Ehm, what does Emily Osment have to do with Denmark? Awful song btw xpuke

NikkiBoy
6th January 2013, 21:04
I think Denmark need a song, a little dramatic one. Not a ballad, but something like Ukraine in 2008. Something we all remember

A-lister
6th January 2013, 21:06
I think Denmark need a song, a little dramatic one. Not a ballad, but something like Ukraine in 2008. Something we all remember

Ukraine 2008 dramatic!?

Well, I liked that one... but is dramatic really the right word?

I think what Denmark need is finally something that isn't so safe and middle-of the road. Either something out of the box or just something contemporary more representing of contemporary Danish music.

Matt
6th January 2013, 22:00
It can't get much worse than what they sent 2012 though the NF in general was incredibly weak. There wasn't one song I really cared for. The production of the NF is mind blowing but I hope for better music this year.

A-lister
6th January 2013, 22:05
It can't get much worse than what they sent 2012 though the NF in general was incredibly weak. There wasn't one song I really cared for. The production of the NF is mind blowing but I hope for better music this year.

Really? You mean the general songs in their 2012 selection or their actual pick for ESC?

I think their entry 2012 was actually on of their best entries for the last decades tbh.

It's true though that their production of NF is better than the actual quality of music.

Matt
6th January 2013, 22:07
Really? You mean the general songs in their 2012 selection or their actual pick for ESC?

I think their entry 2012 was actually on of their best entries for the last decades tbh.

It's true though that their production of NF is better than the actual quality of music.

I thought every song in their 2012 selection sucked. I only cared for one song and even that one was okay at best.
And I thought "Should've known better" was their weakest effort since 2009 (I disliked that one even more)

A-lister
6th January 2013, 22:09
I thought every song in their 2012 selection sucked. I only cared for one song and even that one was okay at best.
And I thought "Should've known better" was their weakest effort since 2009 (I disliked that one even more)

As usual our taste is complete different :lol:

I think "Should've known better" was their best entry since... 2001!

Matt
6th January 2013, 22:13
As usual our taste is complete different :lol:

I think "Should've known better" was their best entry since... 2001!

Let's say I'm glad Europe agreed with me ;)

Well, it's hard to beat 2001, that one was epic.

A-lister
6th January 2013, 22:15
Let's say I'm glad Europe agreed with me ;)

Well, it's hard to beat 2001, that one was epic.

Oh, you know very well that a position in ESC doesn't really say anything about the quality of an entry ;)

I wouldn't go as far as saying 2001 was epic, but it was a good entry nevertheless ;)

VikingTiger
13th January 2013, 13:51
From esctoday.com: "Kristian Borregaard explains that most songs in DMGP this year are contemporary pop songs with very few exceptions. There will be no rap songs and very few rock songs as well as songs in Danish “because simply not many songs in Danish are sent to us”, explains Mr Borregaard . What all ten songs have in common is a catchy chorus..."

So I guess Denmark will play it safe once again...no surprise from Denmark. But if they find the right contemporary song - Denmark could again be fighting in top 10. And I still think Denmark is one of the countries that are most likely to win the contest within the years to come.

DanielLuis
13th January 2013, 16:22
From esctoday.com: "Kristian Borregaard explains that most songs in DMGP this year are contemporary pop songs with very few exceptions. There will be no rap songs and very few rock songs as well as songs in Danish “because simply not many songs in Danish are sent to us”, explains Mr Borregaard . What all ten songs have in common is a catchy chorus..."

So I guess Denmark will play it safe once again...no surprise from Denmark. But if they find the right contemporary song - Denmark could again be fighting in top 10. And I still think Denmark is one of the countries that are most likely to win the contest within the years to come.

The reason why Denmark always has safe songs is definetely because of the people that select the songs for DMGP.

LalehForWD
15th January 2013, 15:06
Rumours :p

Mohamed Ali (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Ali_(singer)) - Den Du Er

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpDuxsI5SRY

LalehForWD
15th January 2013, 15:23
more buzz

Albin Ljungqvist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf0gbrolXUM

LalehForWD
15th January 2013, 15:36
Daze aussi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUYHmX3n3Ko

LalehForWD
15th January 2013, 15:39
The 9-10 songs and artists will be revealed tomorrow January 16

A-lister
15th January 2013, 15:47
^
Daze!? :lol:

I own their debut album :oops: I didn't know they even existed... "I'm your tamagotchi so happy that you love me" :lol:

LalehForWD
15th January 2013, 16:03
^ I'll give you reference (http://gdmylius.wordpress.com/). :)

A-lister
15th January 2013, 16:11
^ I'll give you reference (http://gdmylius.wordpress.com/). :)

Meh... Swedish writers? :/

I guess I'll be starting a new "Swedish ESC imperialism" thread this year aswell :lol:

LalehForWD
15th January 2013, 16:13
ääääh ... no actually

A-lister
15th January 2013, 16:15
ääääh ... no actually

xshrug

evilperson
15th January 2013, 18:06
Apparently Brinck will be announced as one of the participants tomorrow and so will Simone - the girl with the Disney ballad from the 2010 NF.

A-lister
15th January 2013, 19:13
Apparently Brinck will be announced as one of the participants tomorrow and so will Simone - the girl with the Disney ballad from the 2010 NF.

Brinck's entry was kinda meh, but I like looking at him :twisted:

Simone who? Well... based on that song description is no wonder I erased her from my memory...

LalehForWD
15th January 2013, 19:53
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/fjbX0tZQVjM/0.jpg (http://www.eurosong.webbyen.dk)
There is always reason the visit the merry eurosong.dk (http://www.eurosong.webbyen.dk) as well. xrosexrunhugxheartxheartxcheerxcheer

LalehForWD
16th January 2013, 10:17
Brink?

Orianthi - Believe (cover ESC 2009)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbaXNtlmQRU

DMGP press conference at 11.30

No Name
16th January 2013, 12:14
Snippets of all songs can be listened here (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/live-fra-pressemodet.htm) under the column on the right called "Solisterne i DMGP 2013".

It's actually not that terrible as I had expected. Lots of uptempo/dance songs this year which is imo a good thing, so unless Brinck wins again, I could probably live with whoever ends up winning. Mohamed Ali seems like a winner to me already. He's already known from X-factor and will appeal to the same dominating group of people who liked Jesper Nohrstedt last year.

penguinperson
16th January 2013, 12:33
They sound average but seriously have the writers forgot chord progression most come across as ten a penny dance beat pop songs. Emellie I'd like to hear in full but Mohamed will probably win.

LalehForWD
16th January 2013, 12:43
http://i2-images2.tv2net.dk/s/13/33640913-05a673675a9189e48478632f41a8db4d.jpeg (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/lytogstem.htm)
Click image to listen to studio-clips (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/lytogstem.htm) :)

LalehForWD
16th January 2013, 12:59
List of songs with links to DR artist-page

1. Frederikke Vedel - Jeg har hele tiden vidst det (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/solister/2013/frederikke.htm) (Pernille Georgi, Thomas Reil, Jeppe Reil)
2. Brinck - Human (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/solister/2013/brinck.htm) (Niels Brinck)
3. Kate Hall - I'm not alone (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/solister/2013/katehall.htm) (Lars Halvor Jensen, Martin Larsson, Michelle Bell, Oscar Holter, Jakke Erixson, Simon Hermansen)
4. Louise Dubiel - Rejs dig op (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/solister/2013/louisedubiel.htm) (Casper Lindstad, Rune Braager, Louise Dubiel)
5. Daze - We own the universe (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/solister/2013/daze.htm) (Thomas G:son, Peter Boström)
6. Simone Egeriis - Stay awake (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/solister/2013/simoneegeriis.htm) (Lars Halvor Jensen, Carsten Lindberg)
7. Jack Rowan ft. Sam Gray - Invincible (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/solister/2013/jackrowan.htm) (Achmad Darwich, Jack Rowan, Sam Gray)
8. Emmelie de Forest - Only teardrops (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/solister/2013/emmelie.htm) (Lise Cabble, Julia Fabrin Jakobsen, Thomas Stengaard)
9. Albin - Beautiful to me (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/solister/2013/albin.htm) (Brian Risberg Clausen, Mads Haugaard)
10. Mohamed Ali - Unbreakable (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/solister/2013/mohamed.htm) (Morten Friis, Michael Parsberg, Peter Bjørnskov, Lene Dissing)

LalehForWD
16th January 2013, 13:05
Impossible to say anything really from these studio-clips but I got interested in

Emmelie de Forest - Only teardrops

LalehForWD
16th January 2013, 13:11
Emmelie can sing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmJe7KX1mm4

LalehForWD
16th January 2013, 13:14
http://www.fjordgalleriet.com/images/Sir%20prise/Fernisering%20Sir%20prise16.JPG
Emmelie de Forest

Shelby
16th January 2013, 14:51
I'm interested in Albin's Beautiful to Me.

Simon87
16th January 2013, 15:04
Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops sounds amasing :O

LalehForWD
16th January 2013, 15:24
As I can understand is Only Teardrops produced by Thomas Stengaard, member of the group The Benefits.

The Benefits - Crash and Burn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey8h_9eQrSc

Scooby
16th January 2013, 15:43
Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops sounds promising, veryyyyy promising

And this guy Mohammad is awful.

daniels1000
16th January 2013, 16:04
I like ALL songs according to snippets :o :o but Emmelie de Forest sounds amazing xbow xbow xheart

::dk xlove

Knubelznarm
16th January 2013, 17:44
Judging from those snippets I'm not sad that I'll miss this show on tv. DMGP will never be interesting.

evilperson
16th January 2013, 18:20
They all sound ok but very generic. Nothing really stood out to me but maybe that will change when the full versions come out.

Not sure why Brinck came back with a seemingly weaker song than his previous one.

chontono
16th January 2013, 18:27
A few years back it was nice for a change to hear these poppish radio tunes at DMGP, but not any more, they don´t surprise at all and it says little of the music taste of the Danish tv.They are definitely the same style all over again, maybe some okish song, but that´s it. Well, it´s not enough, at least in Iceland, with so much less population and options, they are offering different things, or trying them ;)

VikingTiger
16th January 2013, 19:21
Well, we were warned: There would not be a wide variety of genres in this Danish MGP. From the snippets it's not easy to tell how the whole songs in fact will sound. I am still curious - although there were none of the snippets that really stood out for me.
I have not given up on Denmark yet, though!!!

alca
16th January 2013, 23:26
No winning material here. For my taste at least. I'm glad there are a lot of up-tempo songs and it's schlager but these songs can go as far as DMPG is. In ESC...hm I don't think they will work. But I need to hear the full versions coz a lot can change...

Out of these 30-second teasers my favourite is Stay Awake.

anto475
16th January 2013, 23:40
Stay Awake- Well it's top of the leaderboard on dr.dk and I can see why. It doesn't appeal to me though, but I wouldn't be surprised if it won.

Unbreakable- Ahh **** it's not a Sinplus cover act! It's terrible actually. It's second on the leaderboard but I don't know why. Please don't choose this Denmark.

Human- It's like that Owl City song, Fireflies. I'd like it if it was a different singer. Brinck reminds me too much of Ronan Keating and he's a terrible person. This song is too airy to get across the Oresund though.

Only Teardrops- I like the music itself, it's a lovely arrangement of wind and percussion instruments. The song is not so good though, but I can see it doing well. Not well enough to go to Malmo though.

Invincible- Ahhhh Jesus get away, what an awful song.

Jeg Har Hele Tiden Vidst Det- I don't like it at all. It's just a few women shouting over each other about how they've always known something. It won't go far. Also it reminds me of how Danish people mangle Norwegian. :P

We Own The Universe- What is with all the turbo-Europop in North Europe this year?! Just get out.

I'm Not Alone- No Kate, you're not alone. There are thousands of people out there singing bad songs too, don't worry, you'll find friends.

Rejs Dig Op- I like it. Not a lot, but I do like it. And it grows on me fast. It won't do well, sadly, but at least it's a break from the europop.

Beautiful to Me- Just stop. It's at the bottom of the leaderboard for a reason.

My Stem goes to Rejs Dig Op. Reluctantly.

alca
16th January 2013, 23:44
Brinck reminds me too much of Ronan Keating and he's a terrible person.

Why?

anto475
16th January 2013, 23:57
Why?

His music is awful, he's always come across as full of himself, and he also kicked his dad out of his house after his mother died. Idk there's just something off about him in general anyway.

Jopi
17th January 2013, 00:22
I listened all,but the ones i like the most are:
Simone – “Stay Awake”
Kate Hall – “I’m not alone”
Brinck – “Human”

A-lister
17th January 2013, 00:35
His music is awful, he's always come across as full of himself, and he also kicked his dad out of his house after his mother died. Idk there's just something off about him in general anyway.

So because Brinck's music remind you of Ronan's it means he's also a bad person? Guilty-by-association? :lol:

anto475
17th January 2013, 01:06
So because Brinck's music remind you of Ronan's it means he's also a bad person? Guilty-by-association? :lol:
I never said Brinck was a bad person, I said Ronan was!

Odalis
17th January 2013, 07:40

You don't know the full story, right?
If someone is your dad it doesn't mean you have to love him and take care of him no matter what he does or says. Respect has to be earned, we don't know what dad was up to when Ronan was a kid, maybe he treated the mom terribly but she loved him so much that Ronan didn't take any action before she died and afterwards he just felt his arms were untied?

There are always reasons we know nothing about because it's personal.
And we are all "bad persons" time after time in the eyes of someone else.

As for the songs: very weak, generic, i expected more.
The only ones that stood out to me are "Human" and "Only teardrops", but they are only good in this bunch, i don't see a song that could do well in ESC.

alca
17th January 2013, 16:46

Duh! I thought you were talking about Brinck!!

A-lister
17th January 2013, 17:11

I know :lol:

It was just "eh I don't like Brinck he reminds me of Ronan that did this and that" :lol:

pavarotti
17th January 2013, 19:05
It's a very accurate comparison - Brink's voice sounds a helluva lot like Ronan Keating's, & that's truly a bad thing cos Keating has one of the most nauseating pop voices in recent pop history - the bloke cannot sing at all; his delivery is very nasally. How on earth can Denmark be so aurally-challenged to be rating Simone Egeriis's abject pop tune the best? It has to be among the worst 3 in the final.

Matt
17th January 2013, 19:52
ESC 2013: Get to know the Danish NF participants | escforums – catch the Eurovision wave! (http://escforums.com/home/esc-2013-get-to-know-the-danish-nf-participants/)

Matt
17th January 2013, 19:53
BTW, I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand Ronan Keating's voice, it's bugging me a lot. I can totally see the similarities between him and Brinck though I happen to like Brinck's voice a bit better (and overall style). But I hated his 2009 song, ugh....

A-lister
17th January 2013, 20:50
BTW, I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand Ronan Keating's voice, it's bugging me a lot. I can totally see the similarities between him and Brinck though I happen to like Brinck's voice a bit better (and overall style). But I hated his 2009 song, ugh....

Wasn't his 2009 entry written by Ronan btw???

Matt
17th January 2013, 20:55
Wasn't his 2009 entry written by Ronan btw???

yes, co-written.

anto475
17th January 2013, 20:57
I know :lol:

It was just "eh I don't like Brinck he reminds me of Ronan that did this and that" :lol:

oh well musically i don't like Brinck for that reason like. listening to Brinck, i may as well be listening to Ronan and Ronan's music isn't my cup of tea

A-lister
17th January 2013, 21:01
oh well musically i don't like Brinck for that reason like. listening to Brinck, i may as well be listening to Ronan and Ronan's music isn't my cup of tea

I got it ;), it was just funny in that sentence you wrote :lol:

I totally agree about the musical bit, although I think Brinck is kinda nice looking at :twisted:

A-lister
17th January 2013, 21:02
yes, co-written.

Blatantly obvious :lol:

anto475
17th January 2013, 21:51
I got it ;), it was just funny in that sentence you wrote :lol:

I totally agree about the musical bit, although I think Brinck is kinda nice looking at :twisted:

ahhhh fair enough

and ewww no he looks like Jon Ola Sand!

A-lister
17th January 2013, 21:59
ahhhh fair enough

and ewww no he looks like Jon Ola Sand!

;)

Who? Brinck!?!? You have to be kidding me... the only thing Brinck need is a little more muscle, I think he looks quite good... but he did age a bit badly though.

DanielLuis
17th January 2013, 23:05
Brinck's 2009 entry was just the stereotypical Danish generic entry. Pretty bad, couldn't stand listening it to the end, I really dont know why!

Matt
18th January 2013, 03:39
I'm in the mood for ranking so this is my first impression going by the snippets. BTW, Brinck's song this time around is a whole lot more likeable. Louise Dubiel is currently my favorite, this one really sounds great and I can't wait to hear the full song. Daze's song screams "Guilty Pleasure".

1. Louise Dubiel - Rejs dig op
2. Daze - We Own the Universe
3. Brinck - Human
4. Jack Rowan featuring Sam Gray - Invincible
5. Mohamed- “Unbreakable”
6. Emmelie de Forest- “Only Teardrops”
7. Simone Egeriis - Stay Awake
8. Albin- “Beautiful to me”
9. Frederikke Vedel - Jeg har hele tiden vidst det
10. Kate Hall - Im Not Alone

daniels1000
21st January 2013, 15:18
The songs taking part in the Danish Melodi Grand Prix this Saturday will be played in full, two at a time on the Madsen show on P4 every day between 14.00 and 15.00 CET.

P4 LINK (http://www.dr.dk/P4/Programmer/Madsen/)

The songs will then appear in full on the DR website on Friday.

Just to remind you, you can listen to the snippets of all songs HERE (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/lytogstem.htm).

ESCPOLAND
21st January 2013, 16:05
OMG! Simones Egeriis's song is awesome! THE BEST! I need a mp3 of full-length version of "Stay awake" :(

daniels1000
21st January 2013, 17:02
Soluna Samay, last year's Danish representative in the Eurovision Song Contest, will perform at the 2013 Dansk Melodi Grand Prix as a special guest. Exactly one year after her victory in Denmark, Soluna will perform her newest single Humble.

Read more HERE (http://www.esctoday.com/42768/soluna-samay-to-perform-at-the-danish-national-final/).

Schlagerman1
22nd January 2013, 12:38
It is only one song that should win. "Unbreakable" with Mohamed. Great song, maybe a little similar to Dannys "Amazing" in MF last year and Loreens "Euphoria", but this is a better singer than Danny is. This could blow the roof in semi 1 in Malmö Arena. :p

Please Denmark, I can't even remember when you choosed the right song for ESC, don't go boring again, I am so tired of it, I wanna cheer for Denmark sometime also. :(

swild
22nd January 2013, 12:51
All songs here Endelig! Hør Grand Prix-sangene i fuld længde - dr.dk/Melodi Grand Prix/Artikler (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/sangene.htm)

I think Rejs dig op is interesting, but I think I'm not alone will win it.

Simon87
22nd January 2013, 13:10
Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops ftw

great song!

Shelby
22nd January 2013, 13:31
Only Teardrops is amazing!
So many of these songs are pleasant enough but would be dependent on performance and staging to make them stand out and memorable.

GRE
22nd January 2013, 13:51
Frederikke & Daze ! xcheer

alca
22nd January 2013, 16:15
All songs here Endelig! Hør Grand Prix-sangene i fuld længde - dr.dk/Melodi Grand Prix/Artikler (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/sangene.htm)

I think Rejs dig op is interesting, but I think I'm not alone will win it.

Anyone else having trouble opening the links on firefox? The songs are playing fine on chrome but now on firefox. :( Do you know I can fix this? I think it has to do with java but the add-on isn't compatible with firefox 8.

I know it's off topic but if someone could help me with this I'd really be thankful!

EDIT: I fixed it. I just enabled the pop-ups of this site and now I'm good.

daniels1000
22nd January 2013, 16:45
Go Emmelie! xcheer xlove

Knubelznarm
22nd January 2013, 16:58
Y'all can go ahead and change the name of this thread already. It's gonna be Mohamed Ali.
There's nothing interesting about these songs, but honestly "Unbreakable" is the catchiest of them all. Besides, DMGP is always so overproduced and polished. NOTHING is left up to coincidence, and they always put the winner in the last spot :lol:

alca
22nd January 2013, 17:12
My top 5:

1. Frederikke xcheer xcheer xcheer and please KEEP IT IN DANISH!
2. Kate
3. Simone
4. Emmelie
5. Mohamed

Schlager-tastic final!!! :D

Schlagerman1
22nd January 2013, 17:12
@Knubelznarm
But the danish has chosen surprises before..last year Jesper Nohrstedt or Patrik Isaksson & Christian Brons would win it and out of the blue came Soluna and won. And in 10 everyone thought Bryan Rice would get it and the dull Chanee & N'evergreen won. I can never convince in the danish people that they get it right this time either..but I hope Mohamed Ali wins, cause he can at least bring some big applauses and party feeling in semi 1 in Malmö with all the drunk danish people there. ;)

Knubelznarm
22nd January 2013, 17:21
Imo DMGP was totally open in 2010 and 2012, but this year and also back in 2011 and 2009 I pretty much knew AFIL and Brinck would win + they were both in the 10th spot...

Schlagerman1
22nd January 2013, 17:24
^That is true, maybe they do every 2nd year obvious winner in DMGP or something. ;)

ESCPOLAND
22nd January 2013, 17:42
SIMONE omg the best!

pavarotti
22nd January 2013, 20:31
Simone's song is mediocre beyond words. The best songs are saved for the end. Mohamed should take this if he can deliver vocally & bring the energy of the song to the stage.

A-lister
23rd January 2013, 00:41
Simone's song is mediocre beyond words. The best songs are saved for the end. Mohamed should take this if he can deliver vocally & bring the energy of the song to the stage.

Not really here for any of them,,,

I'm crossing my fingers for one of the entries in Danish... but considering they'd probably get translated anyways.

I'm back with my verdict later on I guess.

QwaarJet
23rd January 2013, 00:48
Decided to go in blind for this final, want to hear them for the first time during the show.

No Name
23rd January 2013, 02:23
I'm crossing my fingers for one of the entries in Danish... but considering they'd probably get translated anyways.

Having one of the ugliest languages in the world, I think we only do Europe a huge favor by translating them. :lol:

Anyway, I'll be working so I won't watch the show, but given the taste of the average dane out there I pretty much don't care about DMGP anymore. Brinck will obviously win, he will scrape through to the final in Malmø, end up between 15th and 25th, and DR will go on with their usual unrealistic, sky-high ambitions and talk about how much they wanna win the following year for it all only to result in a fancier stage.

Shqiperia
23rd January 2013, 08:55
My favourite is Emmelie by far. Denmark, please do not disappoint me once again.. and pick the right song! Of course the right song is Only Teardrops. xheart

Nikkita
23rd January 2013, 10:45
Here's my ranking to the nf songs:
xheart1.Only Teardrops xheart
2.Beautiful To Me
3.I'm Not Alone
4.Stay Awake
5.Human
6.Unbreakable
7.Invincible
8.We Own The Universe
9.Jeg har hele tiden vidst det
10.Rejs dig op

toinou03
23rd January 2013, 17:18
Quite hard to rank the songs as a several songs are almost the same...

1. Simone-Stay Awake (Song may be the best option, but I'm not found of it...)
2. Frederikke Vedel-Jeg har hele tiden vidst det (Good song actually)
3. Mohamed - Unbreakable (Very good song but a little boring and too Dany Saucedo alike...)
4-Louise Dubiel - Rejs dig op ( I love the fact it is DIFFERENT !)
5 - Albin - Beautiful To Me (It begins as a very good song, but becomes very boring...)
6 - Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops (Could be a good song, but sounds baaaaah... I hate the Titanic flute !!!!!)
7 - Brinck - Human (Good night !)
8 - Daze - We Own The Universe (Thomas G:son self-plagiat for an old eurodance band nobody remebers... He should keep this for his country !)
9 - Kate Hall - I’m Not Alone ( I loved the comment of someone saying, no you're not alone singing bad songs, you have plenty of friends ! hahaha This is a copy of old swedish entries ! This is very bad !)
10 - Jack Rowan feat. Sam Gray - Invincible (This is very bad. The voice of the boy seems ugly and the song is so repetitive...)

BTW, I hate all the scandinavian songs whose interest is based on repeating over and over and over the song title to seem interesting ! But, you can copy it ever...

Little cow Little cow, you are like a Little cow, I love you my little cow, Little cow Little cow, Who are you my little cow, I love you my little cow, Little cow little cow...
I've just written Thomas G:son next entry ! :D

Jopi
23rd January 2013, 20:43
Omg,definitely my fave is Stay awake by Simone:)

Matt
23rd January 2013, 23:24
I finally managed to listen to the full songs and my ranking changed. The biggest loser is Daze. The snippet sounded promising and retro in a fun way however it seems they used the best 20 seconds of the song and just went all blah the remaining 2 1/2 minutes which is a downer. Overall I am considering this a weak NF. Most of the song sound so similar with little variety or character and everything seems so middle down the road and...I guess uninspiring.

My new ranking
2. Mohamed Ali - Unbreakable
3. Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops
4. Brinck - Human
5. Jack Rowan Feat. Sam Gray - Invincible
6. Simone - Stay awake
7. Daze - we own the universe
8. Albin - Beautiful To Me
9. Frederikke - Jeg har hele tiden vidst det
10. Kate Hall I'm not alone

And to compare it with my previous ranking based on snippets only

2. Daze - We Own the Universe
3. Brinck - Human
4. Jack Rowan featuring Sam Gray - Invincible
5. Mohamed- “Unbreakable”
6. Emmelie de Forest- “Only Teardrops”
7. Simone Egeriis - Stay Awake
8. Albin- “Beautiful to me”
10. Kate Hall - Im Not Alone

So the highest climber is Mohamed. At least my No 1 remains unchanged.

alca
24th January 2013, 00:13
My top 5:

1. Frederikke xcheer xcheer xcheer and please KEEP IT IN DANISH!
2. Kate
3. Simone
4. Emmelie
5. Mohamed

Schlager-tastic final!!! :D

My ranking has changed!
1. Frederikke
2. Emmelie
3. Simone
4. Kate
5. Mohamed

A-lister
24th January 2013, 01:30
Having one of the ugliest languages in the world, I think we only do Europe a huge favor by translating them. :lol:

Spoken language and singing language is NOT the same thing!!! I agree, Danish sounds "ugly" when spoken (although I find it sexy in men because it's very rough and masculine sounding :lol:), but it fits VERY well as a singing language because when sung it flows almost as English and is actually a more fit language for singing than for instance Swedish is (which I find prettier as a spoken language). Take Medina for example, her songs in Danish >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The English versions!

Anyway, I'll be working so I won't watch the show, but given the taste of the average dane out there I pretty much don't care about DMGP anymore. Brinck will obviously win, he will scrape through to the final in Malmø, end up between 15th and 25th, and DR will go on with their usual unrealistic, sky-high ambitions and talk about how much they wanna win the following year for it all only to result in a fancier stage.

Well atleast you have one of the nicest stages in all yearly NF's :lol:

It's true though, DR seem kinda clueless and it's often so safe and middle of the road, and yeah the taste of the Danish voters are kinds tragic (although I liked your 2012 pick)... I mean are all voters middle age+ ?

I really like contemporary Danish club music in DANISH!, there's alot of stuff like that (Medina, Joey Moe, Svenstrup.. )... but we never get something more representing of the Danish music scene :(

VikingTiger
24th January 2013, 14:53
Having heard the songs just once, I dont find it easy to rank them. But for me there was one song that stood out from the crowd and that I liked on the first hearing: Federikke; Jeg har hele tiden vidst det.
And yes - it would be nice with a danish song in danish...

escandesc
24th January 2013, 20:21
Only Teardrops, please;)

GRE
24th January 2013, 20:51
I wonder why do you all like Only Teardrops..Its a usual pop song with a flute.

escandesc
24th January 2013, 20:58
I wonder why do you all like Only Teardrops..Its a usual pop song with a flute.

my reason for that is just because I love that song more than the others. I find the other songs quite boring. "Only Teardrops" cannot be my favourite in ESC, though. It's just a usual pop song as you said. However, we need these kind of songs to make the contest colorful. It'd be nice to watch Emmelie performing that song with a great choreography. :)

Grinch
24th January 2013, 23:36
My ranking

01. Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops xheya
02. Louise Dubiel - Rejs dig op xlove
03. Albin - Beautiful to Me xrose
04. Mohamed Ali - Unbreakable :)
05. Simone - Stay Awake :)

06. Kate Hall - Im Not Alone xdown
07. Brinck - Human xdown
08. Frederikke - Jeg har hele tiden vidst det xdown
09. Jack Rowan featuring Sam Gray - Invincible xdown
10. Daze - We Own the Universe xdown

LalehForWD
25th January 2013, 08:41
Unibet odds (this morning) Denmark Melodi Grand Prix 2013
http://i.imgur.com/uPMZFYU.jpg (https://se.unibet.com/betting)

Simon87
25th January 2013, 11:04
Go Emmelie xheya

Simone song is ok too ;)

Jeffie
25th January 2013, 16:45
So I finally had time to listen to the DMGP songs this year... Must say it was hard for me to listen to the whole songs.... - I am right now not sure if I am going to watch now, there is X Games on the same time which would be so much more entertaining than this horrible DMGP...

I guess my vote will go to Louise after my first listening but all of them are so meeh.. And I really miss a rock song this year.

blein
25th January 2013, 17:26
if emilie de forest will not win ... i will laugh, it will be biggest failure of national selections for this year...
Hoping that she will win.

Shelby
25th January 2013, 19:07
I have visions of someone dancing around playing a flute like the Pied Piper at Eurovision. Emmelie for the win!

Marie Jane
25th January 2013, 19:53
Honestly i don't understand why Simone is the favourite. Her song is generic as hell. :? Please danish friends, do the right thing and vote for Emmelie. :p

ESCPOLAND
26th January 2013, 00:30
Simone is the favourite because her song is so catchy and amazing! I hope that tomorrow Denmark will give her a ticket to Malmo <3

Nicky
26th January 2013, 00:50
After the weakest Danish final in years Denmark is back with a bang! With a strong line up, Denmark easily has one of the strongest finals of the year. This is a final with pop music at its finest.

- Albin – Beautiful to me (Good and strong song written by the number 2 of DMGP 2010: Bryan Rice)
- Brinck – Human (I don’t like this song, it's a little too boring. His entry from 2009 "Believe again" was much better and stronger. I am disappointed.)
- Daze – We own the universe (I like bubblegum pop music a lot. And this song is a very good example of that. The song has a happy go lucky feeling about it, is catchy and has lots of potential to be a hit. This is pop music as it should be and I'm not ashamed to admit that this is by far my favorite.)
- Emmelie de Forest – Only teardrops (I like this song but after 2 minutes it becomes too repetitive. And that’s never a good sign.)
- Frederikke Vedel – Jeg har hele tiden vidst det (Good song, nothing more and nothing less.)
- Jack Rowan feat. Sam Gray – Invincible (Good song but I find the beat annoying and the chorus just keeps repeating itself.)
- Kate Hall – I’m not alone (Very strong and good song.)
- Louise Dubiel – Rejs dig op (Fun song.)
- Mohamed – Unbreakable (Very strong song in the style of “Amazing” by Danny Saucedo. I think this will be the winner.)
- Simone Egeriis – Stay awake (A very good song and Simone is a very good singer. I must say that I liked her entry from DMGP 2010 "How will I know" just a little better.)

I would be very happy if the winner will be Daze, Kate Hall, Mohamed or Simone Egeriis.

Good luck Denmark!

Matt
26th January 2013, 05:04
Webcast links for tonight's NF

GRAND PRIX LIVE: Kom tæt på årets største popbrag - dr.dk/Melodi Grand Prix/Artikler (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/dmgp2013-live.htm)

DR1 (http://www.dr.dk/TV/live/dr1)

http://downol.dr.dk/download/nettv/jwplayer/dr1.htm

Jeffie
26th January 2013, 11:19
Honestly i don't understand why Simone is the favourite. Her song is generic as hell. :? Please danish friends, do the right thing and vote for Emmelie. :p

Its quite easy to be understand for the Danes and the reason why bookmakers can see her winning... - Simone won "us" over on a talent show back when she was just a little 12 year old girl and since most people who watches DMGP is 30+... The song fits that viewing audience and people do remember that little girl in scenen er din still which is a huge plus, nostalgia etc etc... But! I have gone "all in" and put my yearly 10 kr. on Louise tonight for odds 50 it is a looooooooong shot but Its imo the best song in a horrible line-up I am still quite sure that I will watch Winter X-Games instead for DMGP :)

EscGeek
26th January 2013, 11:33
"Only Teardrops" reminds me of "Nije Ljubav Stvar"
listen carefully and you'll find that instrumental part is very similar at one point8-)

ESCPOLAND
26th January 2013, 11:52
I hope that Mohammed Ali will not win this competition ;) I hope that he will be on 2nd place :P (Jesper was on 2nd place too xD)

For superfinal: SIMONE, MOHAMMED ALI, KATE HALL and I think DAZE ;)

SIMONE - DAZE (I hope Simone will win)
MOHAMMED ALI - KATE HALL (Mohammed Ali will win)

SIMONE - MOHAMMED ALI (she will win)

It's only my suggestion :)

CypriotGirl
26th January 2013, 13:25
Only Teardrops for the win, this song can be my #1 this year! xcheer

My ranking:

1. Emmelie de Forest - Only teardrops xheart
2. Simone Egeriis - Stay awake
3. Kate Hall - I'm not alone
4. Albin - Beautiful to me
5. Louise Dubiel - Rejs dig op
6. Brinck - Human
7. Mohamed Ali - Unbreakable
8. Daze - We own the universe
10. Jack Rowan ft. Sam Gray - Invincible

But Only Teardrops is miles above the rest. If Denmark doesn't choose it, then something is really wrong...

"Only Teardrops" reminds me of "Nije Ljubav Stvar"
listen carefully and you'll find that instrumental part is very similar at one point8-)

Eh? :?

GRE
26th January 2013, 14:29
Only Teardrops for the win, this song can be my #1 this year! xcheer

Why?
I mean why do you like it?
Its a repetitive melody with a flute.Nothing more.

CypriotGirl
26th January 2013, 14:34
Why?
I mean why to you like it?
Its a repetitive melody with a flute.Nothing more.

Eh? That's just your point. I really like this song, and from ESC I don't expect something that is from another planet that I've never heard before like some ESC fans with illusions do. It's the best song I heard so far by miles in all national finals, plus the songs that were chosen so far that are all below average for me. The only one that can threaten it with the information we have so far is Spain.

daniels1000
26th January 2013, 14:46
Go Emmelie xyaaay xlove

EscGeek
26th January 2013, 14:48
Eh? :?

Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops [Eurovision 2013 Denmark NF] FULL SONG - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDeenzZrHRk) 0:00

Zeljko Joksimovic - Nije ljubav stvar (Official HD video) ESC Serbia 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnrTDS85rC8) 0:13

isn't that the same???xqueenbitch:mrgreen:

CypriotGirl
26th January 2013, 15:10
Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops [Eurovision 2013 Denmark NF] FULL SONG - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDeenzZrHRk) 0:00

Zeljko Joksimovic - Nije ljubav stvar (Official HD video) ESC Serbia 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnrTDS85rC8) 0:13

isn't that the same???xqueenbitch:mrgreen:

Sure. :rolleyes:

DanielLuis
26th January 2013, 16:09
How will the superfinal be? 4 songs and a duel system?

LalehForWD
26th January 2013, 18:32
Good luck and have a enjoyable evening tonight Denmark. I hold my tumbs for Frederikke and Emmelie! xrosexrose

http://www.dr.dk/NR/rdonlyres/9CC9D189-1B6E-4D4C-B70C-63747D0527E5/4796046/56622d3e3a4442b2a5834a8af68ec6c4_IMG_1954.JPG (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/se-dmgp-i-udlandet.htm)
Emmelie de Forest xheart

LalehForWD
26th January 2013, 18:38
Dansk Melodi Grand Prix DR live stream links (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/watch-dmgp.htm) @ 20:00 CET (the show starts 20:30)

A-lister
26th January 2013, 18:42
I'm not sure if juries are involved or not, but I have a slight feeling that many forum members' main favorite (Emmelie) won't win tonight... but we'll see.

uncommon
26th January 2013, 18:44
Emmelie has a cool song! Good luck!

rubikscube
26th January 2013, 18:50
on which "horse" will you bet tonight? here's my vision (not meant to make fun of anybody):

http://i45.tinypic.com/2iub5tt.png

Marie Jane
26th January 2013, 18:51
Simone will be the winner, unfortunately.

Matt
26th January 2013, 18:59
on which "horse" will you bet tonight? here's my vision (not meant to make fun of anybody):

http://i45.tinypic.com/2iub5tt.png

Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LalehForWD
26th January 2013, 19:01
You forgot Frederikke rubikscube! xcry1:mrgreen:

rubikscube
26th January 2013, 19:03
thx matt!

frederikke didn't make the cut :mrgreen:

A-lister
26th January 2013, 19:06
Simone will be the winner, unfortunately.

My bet is Mohamed will win...

Matt

Her horse passed out 2 seconds into the race.

Margerita86
I am betting without seeing the performances they will have that either Mohammed, Emilie or Simone will win.

DanielLuis
26th January 2013, 19:16
I am betting without seeing the performances they will have that either Mohammed, Emilie or Simone will win.

I haven't even listened to the songs, but I would say the same based on the reactiong in the internet.
I might watch the show tonight, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time. If I do, I'll go completely "blind" to the NF.

LalehForWD
26th January 2013, 19:17
Her horse passed out 2 seconds into the race.

No way - she's already crossed all limits of the track! ;)

LalehForWD
26th January 2013, 20:19
:D Haha random Danish improvisation while waiting. I understand almost everything they say which is not always the case while visiting Denmark. :)

LalehForWD
26th January 2013, 20:20
The jury have not seen the show beforehand?

LalehForWD
26th January 2013, 20:21
Wiki: Rules, jury and stuff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest_2013)

DanielLuis
26th January 2013, 20:25
What's being broadcasted now ain't the main show right?

Matt
26th January 2013, 20:26
correct, it's the countdown show.

QwaarJet
26th January 2013, 20:28
This'll be fun, streaming Denmark, Norway and Iceland all at once.

CPV4931
26th January 2013, 20:37
l´ll be listening to the songs the first time tonight... after reading the first opinions about them, I´m really looking forward to it :-)

Margerita86
26th January 2013, 20:45
Good vocal in the opening song, but the stage show isn't so good unfortunately.

Matt
26th January 2013, 20:46
I don't care for the first song but it was very well sung and performed...Norway take notes...this is how you do it.

QwaarJet
26th January 2013, 20:47
First song was trash.

Gerly
26th January 2013, 20:49
Brinck song is probably too boring for Europe.

toinou03
26th January 2013, 20:50
OMFG ! DMGP Stage ! :o

This will never exist in France !!! You Danes roooock !

As for Brinck... he should have added more rythm in his tune... It's a little slow for this kind of event !
But compared to Norway, this sounds soooo good ! :D

Margerita86
26th January 2013, 20:50
Ok, Brinck's vocal is shaky tonight, the stage show is ok, the song is a bit dull and uninteresting.

CPV4931
26th January 2013, 20:51
After "Believe again" was one of my favorite songs in 2009, I hoped something similiar for his new song.
"Human" isn´t bad at all, but not as good as I expected.

QwaarJet
Very boring by Brinck.

alca
Frederikke was awesome!!! xcheer And I just saw her (how she looks like xD).

Margerita86
26th January 2013, 20:52
Honestly Denmark always has the best/one of the best stages these last few years.

Matt
Brinck needs to take the plums out of his mouth when he sings, I couldn't understand a damn thing he was saying. Cute melody though>

MyHeartIsYours
Where's the live streaming?

Gerly
26th January 2013, 20:54

DR1 (http://www.dr.dk/TV/live)

Margerita86
26th January 2013, 20:55

Try this link : GRAND PRIX LIVE: Kom tæt på årets største popbrag - dr.dk/Melodi Grand Prix/Artikler (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/dmgp2013-live.htm)

Kate's song is quite bad, the vocal bad and the stage show typical for this type of song.

Matt
26th January 2013, 20:55

GRAND PRIX LIVE: Kom tæt på årets største popbrag - dr.dk/Melodi Grand Prix/Artikler (http://www.dr.dk/melodigrandprix/Artikler/2013/dmgp2013-live.htm)

MyHeartIsYours
26th January 2013, 20:56
Thank you! :D

Am I right that Denmark's is the only NF Final tonight? :p

Margerita86
Yes, the others are semi's.

QwaarJet
Thank you! :D

Am I right that Denmark's is the only NF Final tonight? :p

Iceland have a semi in 5 minutes, Norway second semi has already been and we're waiting on the results

CPV4931
26th January 2013, 20:57
"I´m not alone" is my favorite so far, but quite forgettable - I hope, some better ones will come.

Gerly
26th January 2013, 21:01
I like Rejs dig op. :)

QwaarJet
26th January 2013, 21:02
I like Rejs dig op. :)

Aye, best song so far.

MyHeartIsYours
26th January 2013, 21:02
Whatever this is, it is terrible!

QwaarJet
26th January 2013, 21:03
Whatever this is, it is terrible!

I knew you would say that :p

Margerita86
26th January 2013, 21:03
Rejs dig op, the drummers are better than the woman who is singing, the song is ok though, nothing too interesting about the show though.

Margerita86
26th January 2013, 21:04
Next danish eurodisco.

MyHeartIsYours
26th January 2013, 21:06
This one's much better! :D

Margerita86
26th January 2013, 21:07
Daze - The vocals are ok, the song is the same old dated eurodisco, the stage show needs dancers.

QwaarJet
26th January 2013, 21:07
Not difficult to tell who wrote this...

CPV4931
26th January 2013, 21:08
"We own the universe"
Very simple song, but my favorite so far :-)

Margerita86
26th January 2013, 21:14
Simone's song and performance is the best so far. Vocaly it is good, the stage show is quite alright and the song is ok.

Gregg
26th January 2013, 21:15
So far, "Human" was the best. I don't like "Stay awake"....

A-lister
26th January 2013, 21:17
Simone's song and performance is the best so far. Vocaly it is good, the stage show is quite alright and the song is ok.

Wait, you think her song, performance or live vocals are the best? I'm a bit confused. Starting out with saying the song is the best and then ending with just "it's ok" ;)

Margerita86
26th January 2013, 21:18
Best overall so far.

blein
26th January 2013, 21:19
do they sing live?just connected

A-lister
26th January 2013, 21:20
Best overall so far.

I get it, I was just playing with you ;)

But really, putting performances aside... what's your favorite entry there?

euronut
26th January 2013, 21:21
So far, "Human" was the best. I don't like "Stay awake"....

I'm with you.

Marie Jane
26th January 2013, 21:21
Oh my, Simone gave me "The Balkan Girls" vibes. :lol:

blein
26th January 2013, 21:22
not live...