NikkiBoy
4th May 2012, 11:09
Yes Safura or Aysel!

Trece
4th May 2012, 11:51
Aysel again! I love!

rajo
4th May 2012, 12:06
I want yet another slick Swedish pop ballad for Azerbaijan, because I think it's original! :D

NikkiBoy
4th May 2012, 13:57
Aysel! <3

Narmina
4th May 2012, 16:45
I want yet another slick Swedish pop ballad for Azerbaijan, because I think it's original! :D

Any problems?

A-lister
5th May 2012, 01:21

:lol:

NikkiBoy
6th May 2012, 10:38
::az Azerbaijan in 2008 - Bad screaming song..
::az Azerbaijan in 2009 - Lovely duet - keep doing this!
::az Azerbaijan in 2010 - I heared it all the time "Drip Drop", amazing song!
::az Azerbaijan in 2011 - Like in 2009, just a ballad and its was so beautiful!
::az Azerbaijan in 2012 - Good ballad, love it :D

I like ::az Azerbaijan and our Azerbajani friends might not withdraw!

Narmina
6th May 2012, 17:11
thanks Nikkiboy :) we won't withdraw I hope :)

rajo
6th May 2012, 17:23
thanks Nikkiboy :) we won't withdraw I hope :)

Even if Armenia was the host?

daniels1000
6th May 2012, 17:41

I like ::az Azerbaijan and our Azerbajani friends might not withdraw!

Can't agree more with you :D

rajo
6th May 2012, 18:22
I really cheared for Azerbaijan in 2008. This angelic-daemonic song was so much fun! I loved it and would have voted for it!

Since then Azerbaijan came up with slick and generic songs. No risk, no fun. I pass on it.

A-lister
7th May 2012, 16:17

:lol: @ the only song you seem to dislike and called "Bad screaming song..." was the only one made by Azeris, the rest were Swedish products.

rajo
7th May 2012, 16:19
The screaming song was the only good one imho <3<3<3

NikkiBoy
7th May 2012, 17:28
Good ;D

NikkiBoy
18th May 2012, 20:18
::az Azerbaijan is really cool 8D

Farahim
22nd May 2012, 01:35
Ilhama Qasimova

http://mid.az/uploads/posts/2011-05/thumbs/1306735532_ilhame-qasimova.jpg

Ilhama Qasimova & U-Jean & Dj Ogb - Flying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVCKQd8soJI&sns=fb

I think ITV must send her to Eurovision 2013

handeyener
23rd May 2012, 07:24
Something different next year :D, no more r&b ballads. I wish to listen something uptempo.

NikkiBoy
23rd May 2012, 08:50
Azerbaijan send us AYSEL with an uptempo song :D

Cooler
23rd May 2012, 12:08
I'm pretty sure Azerbaijan will send something that will be a strong contender for the victory again, I thought they'd send something random now, but they didn't, they still want a high place.

NikkiBoy
25th May 2012, 14:59
::az Azerbaijan's song has been good since 2009-2012 :D

Narmina
28th May 2012, 12:08
if we won't withdraw of course ;)

Quent91
28th May 2012, 13:57
I predict another top 5, whatever the song will be...

CypriotGirl
31st May 2012, 21:29
I'd like to see Safura or AySel back with something strong! And I don't care if it will be made by Swedes again, as long as it's good!

What about Emin?

But I think it's time to send something made by Azeris and in Azeri!

Andrzej1987
31st May 2012, 21:34
Yes something Azeri - let Europe hear your music.

NikkiBoy
1st June 2012, 13:35
Emin :D

BGN
1st June 2012, 15:14
if we won't withdraw of course ;)

Why? You have no reasons in my opinion. Azerbaijan is the most successful country in the last 5 editions of ESC ;)

Farahim
1st June 2012, 23:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WtcujuV684

Eric Clapton "Wonderful tonight" played by national instruments...enjoy :)

A-lister
2nd June 2012, 01:47
I'd like to see Safura or AySel back with something strong! And I don't care if it will be made by Swedes again, as long as it's good!

Oh God not Safura again, annoying and quite weak.

AySel however I'd gladly see again :) Charming young lady.

However NO MORE Swedish songs! I would like for ONCE an Azeri entry from Azerbaijan. I hope that EBU finally will change the rules so that countries can't "rent" a foreign team any longer, it's killing the very essence of Eurovision.

I mean even if the songs are good (like for instance Cyprus '12 that was a Swedish production), it's still boring that countries aren't showcasing their own talents.

Farahim
2nd June 2012, 01:54
However NO MORE Swedish songs! I would like for ONCE an Azeri entry from Azerbaijan.

Agree 100%

GRE
2nd June 2012, 15:40
I think Azerbaijan will continue with swedish songs,
so that they can still hold the record of being in top5.

Farahim
2nd June 2012, 18:35
I think Azerbaijan will continue with swedish songs,
so that they can still hold the record of being in top5.

Being in the top not only needs strong song, but also perfect voice to present. But Azerbaijan should withdraw.

BGN
2nd June 2012, 19:29
^Why?

Narmina
2nd June 2012, 20:14
^ hard to say :p we are bit tired of ESC :p

Narmina
2nd June 2012, 20:16
What about Emin?

Emin is not interested in ESC as a participant

Archer
25th July 2012, 00:12
I'm expecting a folk song in native language from Azerbaijan this year. Enough with English already!

Give Ilhama another chance :p

r3gg13
25th July 2012, 00:18
I'm expecting a folk song in native language from Azerbaijan this year. Enough with English already!

Give Ilhama another chance :p

Agreed about Ilhama, she needs to go already. A good solo performance with a powerful song would match her.

Archer
25th July 2012, 00:21
Agreed about Ilhama, she needs to go already. A good solo performance with a powerful song would match her.

She tends to sing in English though, but I think she would make an exception.

A-lister
25th July 2012, 01:46
Azerbaijan's problem is not just that the songs have always been in English, but that all entries (except for the first one) have been made by a Swedish team.. there has simply been no authenticity or connection to Azerbaijan what-so ever which is a shame. Same formula every year with only tactics behind.

I hope now after winning and hosting and ending up high every year, that they will follow Russia and try to relax a bit more and send some interesting local stuff instead.

NikkiBoy
25th July 2012, 11:47
I would like more from Azerbaijan, when we see some culture! :-)

Narmina
21st September 2012, 12:55
We are in!

Ictimai, the Azerbaijani national broadcaster has informed and confirmed to Esctoday.com that Azerbaijan will be competing at the forthcoming 2013 Eurovision Song Contest in Sweden next May. Ictimai successfully hosted the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest in Baku last May.

It is most likely that Ictimai will use the same method and mechanism as in the past years to choose their Eurovision representative, a national final. More details and information regarding the 2013 Azerbaijani national final will be revealed in due course.

Azerbaijan debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2008 and won the event on its 4th attempt in 2011 with Ell and Nikki’s Running Scared, thus bringing the contest to Baku in 2012.

Stay tuned to Esctoday.com for the latest news on Azerbaijan and its 2013 Eurovision Song Contest participation.

esctoday.com Blog Archive Azerbaijan will be in Eurovision 2013! (http://www.esctoday.com/?p=37586&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook)

Quent91
21st September 2012, 18:16
That's not a surprise :)

A-lister
21st September 2012, 18:29
Crossing fingers that Azerbaijan will get a more relaxed relationship to Eurovision now after ending up in the tops every year, winning and hosting. I hope they'll get mer comfortable in their own skin and finally start to send more genuine, interesting and local flavored entries (and stop with sending Swedish import products!). Russia got more relaxed after winning and hosting, I hope the same for Azerbaijan.

Welcome to Malm !

A-lister
24th September 2012, 00:46
Another Swedish entry for Azerbaijan?? ICTAMAI STICKS TO THE RECIPE FOR 2013 SELECTION | OIKOTIMES.COM (http://www.oikotimes.com/eurovision/2012/09/23/ictamai-sticks-to-the-recipe-for-2013-selection/)

Farahim
24th September 2012, 00:51
Another Swedish entry for Azerbaijan?? ICTAMAI STICKS TO THE RECIPE FOR 2013 SELECTION | OIKOTIMES.COM (http://www.oikotimes.com/eurovision/2012/09/23/ictamai-sticks-to-the-recipe-for-2013-selection/)

Azeri national broadcaster Ictamai, announced they will use the same method for selecting their entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2013. There will be selection for performers in public, a decision confirmed or changed by the broadcaster jury and then internal search for the song.

meaning... National final.

Narmina
24th September 2012, 06:40
Another Swedish entry for Azerbaijan??

SOOCSOOCSOOC

Quent91
24th September 2012, 17:30
okay... another top 5 I imagine :?

NikkiBoy
24th September 2012, 18:14
okay... another top 5 I imagine :?

They have good songs, so they deserve it, and i don't care a **** about "Swedish songwriters". Sweden had 15 songs in ESC 2012.. soooooo

A-lister
24th September 2012, 18:58
They have good songs, so they deserve it, and i don't care a **** about "Swedish songwriters". Sweden had 15 songs in ESC 2012.. soooooo

Taste differs, I found all their entries too generic for my taste.

It's true we had, but difference between Azerbaijan and other countries are that they ALWAYS send Swedish entries (except for their debut which I try to forget about). I mean if the whole point about ESC is to import entries from other countries, then the whole concept is a failure (since it's about representing your country/ country's music scene in one way or another). I fail to see how importing an entry from Sweden every year represent your country? Surely there's no trust in local talents if you must hire a foreign team every year to provide the entry for you.

Narmina
25th September 2012, 08:09
Surely there's no trust in local talents if you must hire a foreign team every year to provide the entry for you.

Unfortunally yes! The result of it, that our composers lost interest in this competiton and say that "I won't submitt any entry@. This is a sad situation, because we HAVE talents, who can write an appropriate entry for ESC which can include a modern Azerbaijani music fragrances with adding something ethnic. ITV just have to make a request to them and I'm sure they will solve it very soon

A-lister
25th September 2012, 21:57
Unfortunally yes! The result of it, that our composers lost interest in this competiton and say that "I won't submitt any entry@. This is a sad situation, because we HAVE talents, who can write an appropriate entry for ESC which can include a modern Azerbaijani music fragrances with adding something ethnic. ITV just have to make a request to them and I'm sure they will solve it very soon

Yeah, I mean Azerbaijan has around 9 million people (just like Sweden), surely there must be local talents and a local music industry and scene like in all countries! I think it's a pity when ESC is used only as a tool to gain points and not to actually represent your country (like it's meant to be). It doesn't have to be ethnic, but atleast made by locals. I mean one Swedish entry ok, but every year imported entries? It's boring and it's sad because we never actually get to know the 'real' Azeri music scene... which would be far more interesting imo.

Farahim
26th September 2012, 03:36
calm down guys.. no one know who will write the song. But yeah i agree.

Narmina
26th September 2012, 05:53
Yeah, I mean Azerbaijan has around 9 million people (just like Sweden), surely there must be local talents and a local music industry and scene like in all countries! I think it's a pity when ESC is used only as a tool to gain points and not to actually represent your country (like it's meant to be). It doesn't have to be ethnic, but atleast made by locals. I mean one Swedish entry ok, but every year imported entries? It's boring and it's sad because we never actually get to know the 'real' Azeri music scene... which would be far more interesting imo.

agree with you, now it's time to send a local entry after winning ESC. But we'll see....

Impressive
26th September 2012, 13:12

You can get know the 'real' Azeri music scene on Youtube by advices. No need to watch on ESC...

Narmina
26th September 2012, 13:37
You can get know the 'real' Azeri music scene on Youtube by advices. No need to watch on ESC...

Actually you are right, but there aren't always quality and appropriate music on youtube, and also there is a samll chanse that someone form Europe will look for "Azerbaijani" music. I can judge on myself. I never specially look for "Cypriot" or "Albanian" music on internet. The best way for me it's ESC or FSC on this forum...So representing our local entry is the best way to deliver our music to European public

A-lister
26th September 2012, 15:50

And your point is what??? The whole concept of ESC is countries sending entries representing them. Yes, surely I can check up things on YT aswell, but that doesn't change the concept of ESC.

Prior- YT etc. ESC was more or less my only source to get to know music from different countries, and I guess it still is to all the people who don't spend their days checking up different odd music from around the world on YT (which very few does in their spare time).

Farahim
24th October 2012, 21:22
Could you please change a flag to this one. thanks

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/Flag_of_Azerbaijan.svg

Narmina
25th October 2012, 07:45
what's up with the flag?

r3gg13
25th October 2012, 14:11
Ilhama Qasimova

http://mid.az/uploads/posts/2011-05/thumbs/1306735532_ilhame-qasimova.jpg

Ilhama Qasimova & U-Jean & Dj Ogb - Flying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVCKQd8soJI&sns=fb

I think ITV must send her to Eurovision 2013

Yes, I've been saying the same thing for the past 2 years :lol:

Farahim
25th October 2012, 22:14
what's up with the flag?

The size of star and crescent are wrong

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/Flag_of_Azerbaijan_%28construction_sheet%29.JPG

Farahim
25th October 2012, 22:23
Yes, I've been saying the same thing for the past 2 years :lol:

How did you know her? I mean did you listen her any song?

r3gg13
26th October 2012, 07:06
How did you know her? I mean did you listen her any song?

I saw her on Milli 2 years ago, she was really good then.

Farahim
26th October 2012, 07:53
I saw her on Milli 2 years ago, she was really good then.

Yeah but if she join to Milli again. I think she has more experience in Milli and in europe also. So she can win Milli easily.

Narmina
26th October 2012, 19:11
Ilhama will never join Milli Seim Turu as I know. She oficially announced it in 2011

dragvision
26th October 2012, 21:01
in december milli again? i like much

Farahim
27th October 2012, 08:44
^ 28 November – 2 December (i think)

Matt
30th October 2012, 18:24
auditions for the 2013 Azerbaijani Eurovision national selection will kick off this week. Ictimai has received a total of 128 applications from the many candidates who wish to represent Azerbaijan at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest next May.

a special jury will select 100 candidates out of the 128 in order to compete in the national selection. The shows will be aired on Ictimai and are scheduled to kick off by mid-November.

Source (http://www.esctoday.com/?p=38310)

Narmina
30th October 2012, 19:57
^ again a messy show with 80% of crap

Archer
30th October 2012, 20:29
^ again a messy show with 80% of crap

Why ?

r3gg13
31st October 2012, 01:56
Why ?

Have you seen those knock off rounds? 2/3 of the singers in those heats can't even properly sing

Kryptonite
31st October 2012, 12:54
I usually like competitions that start really early in the year, but Azerbaijan's format really needs to be changed.

Most of the singers that participate are totally unbearable and the winner's usually known from the very beginning ... :roll:

r3gg13
31st October 2012, 13:37
Most of the singers that participate are totally unbearable and the winner's usually known from the very beginning ... :roll:

That's really the main reason why I watch Milli xrofl2. They have the most hilarious Eurovision covers. I can't wait to hear a million butchered versions of "Euphoria" this year. Of course once in a while a good singer comes along :mrgreen:

Narmina
31st October 2012, 14:09
The singers are really crappy, but in the end they find an appropriate singer :)

Kryptonite
31st October 2012, 14:30
That's really the main reason why I watch Milli xrofl2. They have the most hilarious Eurovision covers. I can't wait to hear a million butchered versions of "Euphoria" this year. Of course once in a while a good singer comes along :mrgreen:

That's true! It definitely wins the award for the most hilarious preselection. Last year's cover of "No one" was all over the news in Slovenia. :lol:

@ Narmina: that's true (well, to some extent), but I'm pretty sure that they could find / select this appropriate singer with other method.

(I said to some extent, because the winners aren't exactly pitch-perfect either. The only winner that is a truly great performer is Sabina Babayeva.)

r3gg13
31st October 2012, 14:46
The singers are really crappy, but in the end they find an appropriate singer :)

Definitely true! I think Sabina was one of the best singers this year, IMO. Any rumors on possible participants?

Kryptonite, that version of "No One" was unforgettable :lol:

Kryptonite
31st October 2012, 15:14
Kryptonite, that version of "No One" was unforgettable :lol:

The most tragic part is that she actually sang pretty OK, but she just had no sense of rhytm ... and English. :D

Narmina
31st October 2012, 19:41
Any rumors on possible participants?

I've heard about 2 only..nothing else

Nikkita
1st November 2012, 14:51
That's true! It definitely wins the award for the most hilarious preselection. Last year's cover of "No one" was all over the news in Slovenia. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3KUMqUCDqQ
Her English is priceless.AND HER HAIR LOL
Someday i'll do a ''funniest performances of Milli Seim Turu'' video.

Haverdge
5th November 2012, 10:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3KUMqUCDqQ
Her English is priceless.AND HER HAIR LOL
Someday i'll do a ''funniest performances of Milli Seim Turu'' video.

What's wrong with her performance? She seems to be quite good, actually.

A-lister
5th November 2012, 12:12
What's wrong with her performance? She seems to be quite good, actually.

I guess it's the hilarious gibberish English, she manage to sing in English without actually singing in it :lol:

r3gg13
6th November 2012, 17:30
I'm waiting for epic Eurphoria covers in Milli Seim Turu this year. :)

CypriotGirl
6th November 2012, 20:22
Azerbaijan - same method. Selecting a singer, and then some foreign producers write for him/her a song in English. I want something folk, ballad and in Azeri this time... :/

A-lister
7th November 2012, 00:01
Azerbaijan - same method. Selecting a singer, and then some foreign producers write for him/her a song in English. I want something folk, ballad and in Azeri this time... :/

Second that! I mean their method of choosing a singer is pretty bad, but atleast it works as a novelty selection which is quite hilarious... but then what they do afterwards is the worst thing when they hire a foreign team (= Swedish)... again I wonder WHERE are the local talents? Nowhere to be found? xshrug

CypriotGirl
7th November 2012, 07:58
Second that! I mean their method of choosing a singer is pretty bad, but atleast it works as a novelty selection which is quite hilarious... but then what they do afterwards is the worst thing when they hire a foreign team (= Swedish)... again I wonder WHERE are the local talents? Nowhere to be found? xshrug

The ideal would be a composition of local composers, and lyrics in Azeri. If only one of these things happen, it will be great. I personally prefer the music to be composed by Swedes, but the lyrics be in Azeri, rather than the song to be composed completely by Azeris and be in English, because 2008 was composed by Azeris but was horrible. They surely have good composers there, though. And this for Azerbaijan especially, because they sent a foreign production for 4 years in a row. I don't care if a country that usually sends songs of local composers to do this once or twice. But four times in a row, that's a lot...

r3gg13
7th November 2012, 13:52

About time, Azerbaijan show case its local music writers and producers. If they can do a spectacular job of showcasing Azeri culture and touristic points in the ESC post cards this year, they could do the same with musical talents.

Their current formula is obviously working well because they do get high positions all the time, but there's a lot more to a music contest than winning and placing high. Now that they've shown that they can win and host, they should show is what Azerbaijani music is all about :)

Farahim
7th November 2012, 15:21
it will be great. I personally prefer the music to be composed by Swedes, but the lyrics be in Azeri.

like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T44ppX0-9lQ

A-lister
7th November 2012, 17:20
The ideal would be a composition of local composers, and lyrics in Azeri. If only one of these things happen, it will be great. I personally prefer the music to be composed by Swedes, but the lyrics be in Azeri, rather than the song to be composed completely by Azeris and be in English, because 2008 was composed by Azeris but was horrible. They surely have good composers there, though. And this for Azerbaijan especially, because they sent a foreign production for 4 years in a row. I don't care if a country that usually sends songs of local composers to do this once or twice. But four times in a row, that's a lot...

I prefer a song in Azeri by Azeri composers :) I mean the composition is more telling than lyrics, that IS the music afterall...

Well, 2008 was an awful entry but I can't imagine that that's really the best local talents can come up with? xshrug... I'm pretty sure they do have SOME talents there right?

CypriotGirl
7th November 2012, 23:24
I prefer a song in Azeri by Azeri composers :) I mean the composition is more telling than lyrics, that IS the music afterall...

Well, 2008 was an awful entry but I can't imagine that that's really the best local talents can come up with? xshrug... I'm pretty sure they do have SOME talents there right?

Yeah, that's what I said exactly! But if we cannot have the Azeri song by Azeri composers, I'd prefer at least the song to be in Azeri, no matter who will compose the music! ;)

r3gg13
7th November 2012, 23:39
Yeah, that's what I said exactly! But if we cannot have the Azeri song by Azeri composers, I'd prefer at least the song to be in Azeri, no matter who will compose the music! ;)

Or at least have an Azeri feel to the song :mrgreen:

Farahim
10th November 2012, 03:18
I'm waiting for epic Eurphoria covers in Milli Seim Turu this year.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSp5dfw9IMI&feature=related

Narmina
10th November 2012, 09:07
this is not funny cover, Reggie means a disasterious ones :p

r3gg13
10th November 2012, 12:33

Yeah, that's what I meant :mrgreen:

Gultekin is really good, I'm actually subscribed to her Youtube channel, I think it was when you (Narmina) posted her video on Facebook last year, then I went to Youtube and watched her videos and ended up liking her songs so I subscribed. Anyway, what's the chances of seeing her in Milli Seim Turu this year? If she goes, I will be rooting for her! :D

She's so pretty and sings well :D

Narmina
10th November 2012, 16:08
r3gg13,

this her new duo with Garagan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbJpj-ITq4Q

Farahim
11th November 2012, 06:31

hmmm :) i see

Charly
15th November 2012, 13:22
Ictimai, the Azerbaijani national broadcaster has exclusively revealed to Esctoday.com that the 2013 Azerbaijani national selection, Milli Secim Turu will kick off on November 19 . The Azerbaijani broadcaster will air the first show next Monday.

The Azerbaijani jury has shorlisted 80 candidates from the 128 applicants who applied to compete in Azerbaijani 2013 Eurovision national selection. Among the candidates there are many Azerbaijanis who reside overseas, Germany, Denmark, Canada and Russia. A total of 80 artists will compete in the live shows, they have been divided in several groups. Candidates from each group will have the chance to showcase their vocal skills throughout the week. Each group will be able to showcase their talent in the different genres. The shows will run from Monday- Friday (5 shows a week).

Monday- Eurovision hits

Tuesday -Azerbaijani music

Wednesday- World hits

Thursday- Stage performance

Friday – Candidates are free to perform song of their own choice- During the Friday show the artists will be able to repeat one of the 4 songs they have performed during the week.

Ictimai has received a total of 128 applications from the many candidates who wish to represent Azerbaijan at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest next May.

Ictimai has exclusively revealed to Esctoday.com few weeks back that a special jury will select 100 candidates out of the 128 in order to compete in the national selection. The shows will be aired on Ictimai and are scheduled to kick off on November 19. Leila Guliyeva and Konul Arifkizi will have the honour of hosting the 2013 Milim Secim Turu selection ( Azerbaijani 2013 Eurovision national selection)

dragvision
3rd December 2012, 18:18
sorry when start Milli? Is started or not?

Kryptonite
3rd December 2012, 20:16
sorry when start Milli? Is started or not?

No, it didn't. It was scheduled for November 19th, but I don't know what happened.

dragvision
4th December 2012, 08:10
oh thaks

daniels1000
4th December 2012, 15:06
Ictimai, the Azerbaijani national broadcaster has said that the 2013 Azerbaijani national selection, Milli Seim Turu has been delayed owing to technical issues. Initially it was scheduled to kick off on 19 November. The Azerbaijani broadcaster will release the dates for their 2013 Eurovision national selection in the coming days.

Read more HERE (http://www.esctoday.com/?p=39466).

Matt
4th December 2012, 19:06
Very suspicious if you ask me.

Narmina
5th December 2012, 12:09
^^ maybe we're going to have an internal selection?hope so!!

Narmina
7th December 2012, 12:09
Milli Secim Turu starts on the 17th of December

?азвана дата ?тарта ?фира нацотбора «Евровидени? - 2013» - 1NEWS.AZ (http://www.1news.az/bomond/eurovision/20121207025202168.html)

evilperson
7th December 2012, 17:30
Azerbaijan probably has one of the most insufferable NF.

toinou03
7th December 2012, 17:47
Azerbaijan probably has one of the most insufferable NF.

lol I guess a whole people capable to bear such looooooong and boring a programm must have something superhuman ! :D

dragvision
8th December 2012, 10:22
i am in waiting i want see the azeri singer to sign Suus by Rona Albania 2012

Narmina
8th December 2012, 20:07
lol I guess a whole people capable to bear such looooooong and boring a programm must have something superhuman ! :D

I'm a superhuman :lol:

r3gg13
8th December 2012, 20:48
I'm excited about the Eurovision cover days! :D. Hoping for A LOT of Euphoria and Suus covers! :mrgreen:

Matt
13th December 2012, 05:25
According to APA, entries have been submitted to the Azeri national selection from several countries including the US, Germany, Russia and Kazakhstan. Candidates will attend the national selections on December 17th. 80 candidates have been chosen by jury from 128 original entries, and divided into 8 groups and will compete for 8 weeks. The national selections are expected to be completed in mid-March.

Narmina
13th December 2012, 07:07
^ I hate our system of NF. I suppose It can be better to pick 10-15 good singers and hold a selection among them instead of 80 amateur guys who can't feel the stage and can't took a right note once

evilperson
13th December 2012, 07:24
^ It would be A LOT better if they chose 10 people who can actually hold a tune.

This NF is like a marathon. Every week, every day from December till March. They must be seriously lacking in programming to fill the tv schedule.

Archer
14th December 2012, 18:46
So, you've got a great opportunity again, Azerbaijan, do not waste it! :D

Narmina
14th December 2012, 19:02
So, you've got a great opportunity again, Azerbaijan, do not waste it! :D

hahah NEVER :)

Jim
14th December 2012, 21:44
Now, I'm worried about Azerbaijan too! Brother Nation, Turkey is out...I wish at least for Azerbaijan to take part again! xpray

Narmina
15th December 2012, 07:54
As I know we won't withdraw this year

Nikkita
16th December 2012, 17:47
Ictimai is not sxitty as TRT is.They LOVE Eurovision,Turkey never put so much money and effort to it.

DannyDS
16th December 2012, 17:51
I hope Azerbaijan sends another fabulous entry to Eurovision!

My favorite ESC nation by faaar!

A-lister
16th December 2012, 21:45
I hope Azerbaijan sends another fabulous entry to Eurovision!

My favorite ESC nation by faaar!

Hmm, I hope they will finally send an entry I can put in my top. 10! (well, Running Scared was in my top. 10 but that's all).

I still hope for a real local sounding and crafted entry this time, no more Swedish/foreign products and English lyrics. I think the day they relax and start being a bit more genuine in this, I will start liking it more.

Matt
16th December 2012, 21:58
I haven't been a big fan of Azerbaijan in ESC either. I actually liked the 2010 Studio version but didn't enjoy the live performance while I thought in 2012 it was beautifully performed but I wouldn't really listen to it on CD. Maybe 2013 will be the year where a song is equally good live and recorded :D

A-lister
16th December 2012, 22:09
I haven't been a big fan of Azerbaijan in ESC either. I actually liked the 2010 Studio version but didn't enjoy the live performance while I thought in 2012 it was beautifully performed but I wouldn't really listen to it on CD. Maybe 2013 will be the year where a song is equally good live and recorded :D

I have sorta the same feeling. 2010 was pretty decent in studio version (therefor it ended up in my top. 10 that year), and 2012 was good live (also ok in general but still nothing special). If they'd sent the Azeri ethno version in 2012 instead it would be higher on my list.

DanielLuis
17th December 2012, 02:35
I have sorta the same feeling. 2010 was pretty decent in studio version (therefor it ended up in my top. 10 that year), and 2012 was good live (also ok in general but still nothing special). If they'd sent the Azeri ethno version in 2012 instead it would be higher on my list.

You didnt need to say that, whe all knew it :lol:

Narmina
17th December 2012, 12:27
Today is NF starting day. Let's pray for some passion and wait till the 8 week marathon will end :)

Names of the 1st week participants

"New Skin" group
Jahangir Gasimzadeh
Medina Muradkhanova
Vugar Muradov
Anna Zemchenko
Nigar Alizadeh
Elgiz Mammadov
Rinat Alimov
Tomiris Naibli

daniels1000
17th December 2012, 16:14
LIVESTREAM (http://az.itv.az/canlitv.php)

The shows will air at 18.00 CET (21.00 local time), with the first one starting today. You can find the TV schedule HERE (http://az.itv.az/heftelikproqram.html).

The weekly schedule is as follows:

Monday Eurovision hits
Tuesday - Azerbaijani music
Wednesday - World hits
Thursday - Stage performance
Friday - Free song choice. During the Friday show the artists will be able to repeat one of the 4 songs they have performed during the week.

And just to remind you, the first week contestants are: New Skin group, Jahangir Zada, Medina Muradxanova, Vugar Muradov, Anna Zemcenko, Nigar Alizadeh, Elqiz Mammadov, Rinat Alimov and Naiblidir Efe.

Source ("http://www.esctoday.com/40156/today-azerbaijan-starts-the-8-week-search-for-eurovision-2013/)

dragvision
17th December 2012, 16:59
i see it i have ictimai tv, i have tv satellite.

A-lister
17th December 2012, 18:07
You didnt need to say that, whe all knew it :lol:

And? Actually alot of people don't even know there exist different versions of that entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ6UeQzeNto

:)

Scooby
17th December 2012, 18:13
When the Music Die is far the best Azerbaijany entry ever. I love that song, and especially Azerbaijani version is splendid xlisten2

CaraMia
18th December 2012, 02:09
This year's singers are not as bad as the ones from previous years. Ok, they are not good, but they arent laughable either. There were no major "murders" in the Eurovision songs performed. Lets see next days and next candidates.

DanielLuis
18th December 2012, 04:17
And? Actually alot of people don't even know there exist different versions of that entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ6UeQzeNto

:)

:lol: no worries, was just saying that because we all know you love "ethno sounds".
I knew that there was a different version, but I hadn't heard it yet.

Narmina
18th December 2012, 12:15
My advice - don't watch the selection process :) Watch the Final, because it will blow out you mind :p

Odalis
18th December 2012, 14:53
My advice - don't watch the selection process :) Watch the Final, because it will blow out you mind :p

Oh, i watched the Final this year, you're right, it did blow my mind, i had to get pieces of my brains from the ceiling and call my shrink asap :lol:

dragvision
18th December 2012, 15:27
i love mediana she sign shady lady, who is the fat blonde with long hairs dancers, is so ........daiva.

Narmina
18th December 2012, 15:45
^ I'm not watching it :)

r3gg13
18th December 2012, 18:06
I watched a portion of the ESC cover episode last night. It's not too bad, but not fantastic neither. My mind has yet to be blown (both positively and negatively) :lol:

Matt
23rd December 2012, 02:11
Last night the first finalist was announced and it was – as we called him – “The Giant” – Vqar Muradov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAQ40VLh7ww&amp;feature=player_embedded

source:eurovisionireland | All Kinds of Everything; Eurovision & Ireland, in 1 place (http://eurovisionireland.net/)

Mickey
25th December 2012, 00:12
This has to be the best Loreen cover I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds-sw7PDRuQ&feature=youtu.be

evilperson
25th December 2012, 00:14
^She seems like a perfectly viable candidate for Azerbaijan. :mrgreen:

Has anyone tried covering Suus yet?

A-lister
25th December 2012, 00:37

This is why I love the Azeri selection :lol:

Makes me think of this infamous clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQt-h753jHI

Simon87
25th December 2012, 01:02

hilarious :lol:

Mickey
25th December 2012, 01:50
^She seems like a perfectly viable candidate for Azerbaijan. :mrgreen:

Has anyone tried covering Suus yet?

Yes. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JpgyIlaXoHE)

Haustor
25th December 2012, 01:51
Evilperson here is Suus for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpgyIlaXoHE

A-lister
25th December 2012, 02:09
^
Well, I can't speak Albanian but this sounds rather good not? Except for the high tone during the end, the poor girl is killing her voice with it. But really, in general she is good.

Narmina
25th December 2012, 07:32
Ohh that Suus cover has really impressed me :o

Narmina
25th December 2012, 07:39
He sounds not bad, though he's accent is terrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHV4nWDXNME

dragvision
25th December 2012, 12:32
wow ema kamelya in suus have a very good voice

A-lister
25th December 2012, 12:33
He sounds not bad, though he's accent is terrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHV4nWDXNME

Well, he needs the accent if he wants to copy the original :lol:

No, this wasn't good sorry. But the girl singing Suus was good though.

evilperson
25th December 2012, 18:21
Evilperson here is Suus for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpgyIlaXoHE

Wow it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's actually pretty decent by Azeri standards.

Btw I love that random woman with the fans dancing around her. :lol:

CypriotGirl
25th December 2012, 19:57
Last night the first finalist was announced and it was as we called him The Giant Vqar Muradov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAQ40VLh7ww&amp;feature=player_embedded

source:eurovisionireland | All Kinds of Everything; Eurovision & Ireland, in 1 place (http://eurovisionireland.net/)

It seems that he's got one of the voices I cannot stand, like Greek singers from bouzoukia. Well, that song reminds me this situation anyway, no matter who sings it. But he sings it well, his Greek accent is not bad at all, what is this appearance though? :confused:

CypriotGirl
25th December 2012, 20:00

xrollinglol

CypriotGirl
25th December 2012, 20:04
The best one so far is Ena-Kameliya, she has a great voice!

daniels1000
27th December 2012, 18:02
Vugar Muradov won the first heat of Milli Secim Turu 2013, the 2013 Azerbaijani Eurovision national selection which kicked off on the 17th of December. A total of 9 acts have competed in the first heat in their quest to qualify for the semifinal. Pop singer Vugar Muradov was declared as the winner of the first heat after a mixed jury/televoting deliberation, thus becoming the 1st semifinalist.

Another 9 acts are competing in the 2nd heat of Milli Secim Turu this week:
Shahin Sadigov
Sebel Jafarov
Baku rock band
Rafael Isayev
Khayal Tagiyev
Ena- Kamelia Tabesh Mogaddam
Anar Safarov
Ravana Aliyeva
Leyla Izzatova

Read more HERE (http://www.esctoday.com/40584/vugar-muradov-wins-first-azerbaijani-heat/).

A-lister
27th December 2012, 19:05
The best one so far is Ena-Kameliya, she has a great voice!

Ena-Kameliya ftw xcheer

Narmina
28th December 2012, 07:12
x12s she's only 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSkNiYThMhA

QwaarJet
28th December 2012, 09:39
Wow it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's actually pretty decent by Azeri standards.

Btw I love that random woman with the fans dancing around her. :lol:

Not bad considering, but as usual we have another Azeri singer with a thick singing accent. You can tell she has no idea what she is singing.

CypriotGirl
28th December 2012, 15:32
What is this? :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmaJ-I1s9GQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3N3mt99mHc

toinou03
28th December 2012, 16:46
hahaha Shaihin Sadiqov is awesome !!! Especially with the brilliant choir of Hera Bjrk and Erna Hrnn, and his voice... And looking at his socks during all the song...
Anar Seferov is less shocking as Tooji himself couldn't sing his song properly. But singing awefully a great song is very very bad ! :D

Narmina
28th December 2012, 19:25
What is this? :shock:

xheatx0sxcrazyxwheelNONOxsosxgaah

Matt
30th December 2012, 20:20
Ravana Aliyeva won the 2nd Azerbaijani heat of Milli Secim Turu 2013, the 2013 Azerbaijani Eurovision national selection which kicked off on the 17th of December. She will be joining Vugar Muradov in the semifinal.

<strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; background-attachment: scroll; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; line-height: 20.383333206176758px; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: repeat repeat;">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=eKJ0wXVXQ4w

Farahim
1st January 2013, 16:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdbMLImPuqc

Elton John Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word Azeri Tar Instrumental

A-lister
1st January 2013, 22:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdbMLImPuqc

Elton John Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word Azeri Tar Instrumental

^And? xshrug

A-lister
1st January 2013, 22:45
Ravana Aliyeva won the 2nd Azerbaijani heat [B]of Milli Secim Turu 2013, the 2013 Azerbaijani Eurovision national selection which kicked off on the 17th of December. She will be joining Vugar Muradov in the semifinal.

Meh, Ena-Kameliya is far better than this...

Narmina
2nd January 2013, 14:41
Meh, Ena-Kameliya is far better than this...

agree :(

Matt
2nd January 2013, 21:13
Azerbaijan's National Selection: Bring on the Eurovision Covers | WiwiBloggs.Com (http://wiwibloggs.com/2013/01/02/azerbaijans-national-selection-bring-on-the-eurovision-covers/21579/)

dezbee2008
2nd January 2013, 21:36
I actually like the covers of Love Is Blind from Leyla Izzatova and Hold On Be Strong from Ravana Aliyeva.

Narmina
8th January 2013, 10:43
Elton xcheer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVqGCVWbvLs

dragvision
8th January 2013, 18:05
i want elton imbrahimov to malmoe too is so sexy, sorry but he is born in Russia? the past he have take part a milli and he speak russian, he remember me alex sparrow.

Narmina
8th January 2013, 18:30
i want elton imbrahimov to malmoe too is so sexy, sorry but he is born in Russia? the past he have take part a milli and he speak russian, he remember me alex sparrow.

No, he lived some period of time in Russia, but he was born in Baku

A-lister
9th January 2013, 01:14
Elton xcheer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVqGCVWbvLs

Wow, the public must be drugged down or something? :lol:

Sorry but I'm not impressed by this, but atleast his English is way better than most of the others...

r3gg13
9th January 2013, 03:46
Another Euphoria cover. Judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF7dtkhjEk8

Usually not having enough energy is the issue, her on the other hand she sounds overly energetic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjMXiN_wnBk

I was surprised to see this being covered!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OHu2dXs8J4

I want to see a cover of Crno i belo!

dragvision
9th January 2013, 08:11
this version of sognu is better than the amauri vassili, mermen qurzade have a better corsican accent

QwaarJet
9th January 2013, 16:24
"Sognu" cover wasn't too bad, although lacked the power of Amaury.

The first 2 were garbage. I don't think I've ever heard the English language butchered so badly.

"Euferia, forever till zee end ohf teem!"

watersoup
9th January 2013, 19:15
Milli Seim Turu is the gift that keeps giving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijhe0XbgUvc

A-lister
9th January 2013, 19:38
:lol: I luv this selection! It's so hilarious.

QwaarJet
9th January 2013, 23:54
Seriously stop posting these videos or my jaw will seize up from laughing too much.

That guy in the white top is the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life. That performance may be one of the worst things my ears have ever heard. I loved the Azeri crowd as well. Even less active than they were during Eurovision!

Sakis should swear bloody vengeance on all 3 of them and hunt them down without mercy. He should bring wooden stakes just be sure.

LakZaNokte
9th January 2013, 23:59
what is that? :confused:
why r these ppl singing? at all? :confused:
why r they on tv? :confused:

:confused:

A-lister
10th January 2013, 00:21
Seriously stop posting these videos or my jaw will seize up from laughing too much.

That guy in the white top is the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life. That performance may be one of the worst things my ears have ever heard. I loved the Azeri crowd as well. Even less active than they were during Eurovision!

The combo with the lobotomized public and the overly exited awful acts is hilarious :lol:

Sakis should swear bloody vengeance on all 3 of them and hunt them down without mercy. He should bring wooden stakes just be sure.

The only thing I'd like to see Sakis do is entering my bed! :lol:

He's not that talented himself and that 2009 entry I try to forget...

dezbee2008
10th January 2013, 17:53

Seriously, the woman's singing voice is annoying, but funny, nonetheless. xrofl2

Farahim
11th January 2013, 17:05

x0sxsorry

Mickey
12th January 2013, 12:41
Aw, wow, that was better than Euhoria. It's the lackadaisical and unsynchronised dancing that does it for me.

r3gg13
12th January 2013, 17:44
The first 2 were garbage. I don't think I've ever heard the English language butchered so badly.

"Euferia, forever till zee end ohf teem!"

The Euphoria guy, I only liked his "why" after that it went downhill. As for the Helena Paparizou wannabe I love how she sing You're mah lovaah under covaah... say you miss me-ah ... kiss me-ah xrofl2

EscGeek
15th January 2013, 05:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94J7ymB5jWQ

Xana is back! I love her english x12s :lol:

Odalis
15th January 2013, 14:51
Is Xena even slightly interested in getting to know what she is singing about? :lol:
That' hilarious))

CypriotGirl
15th January 2013, 15:03
Another Euphoria cover. Judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF7dtkhjEk8

OMG xrofl3

Usually not having enough energy is the issue, her on the other hand she sounds overly energetic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjMXiN_wnBk

I quite like her, she kinda reminds me of AySel! Not so good accent but nice live vocals! :D

I am not impressed at all by the cover of Sognu.

That girl who sings La La Love is the same that sang No One? xrofl3

That cover of This is our night in the verses was not bad, but in the chorus my ears started bleeding. Zis is our night OMG xrofl3

I quite like Elton's cover of "Stay" but I think this guy better sing better songs and not garbage like "Stay" :lol:

A-lister
15th January 2013, 15:56
^
And the Azeri selection continues to impress... the public is still lobotomized and the performances are still hilarious :lol:

Petar
15th January 2013, 18:20
Are they kidding or what?

A-lister
15th January 2013, 19:09
Are they kidding or what?

No... that's what makes it all so hilarious :lol:

Matt
18th January 2013, 21:22
4th Semi Final Qualifier

https://www.youtube.com/user/azeurovision/videos?query=Leyla+%C6%8Fliyeva

deese
21st January 2013, 13:12
^
And the Azeri selection continues to impress... the public is still lobotomized and the performances are still hilarious :lol:

the publis consists of ONLY participants' relatives. Only they watch and only they vote. It is a total disaster. I hate ITV SOOCT()

A-lister
21st January 2013, 15:14
the publis consists of ONLY participants' relatives. Only they watch and only they vote. It is a total disaster. I hate ITV SOOCT()

And not even the relatives care to look a bit supportive atleast? :lol:

toinou03
31st January 2013, 17:49
Oh my god ! I found the new star ! He has the Je ne sais quoi.. hum, the Chinasawa we need ! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFsbETGa4Pk

She is great also... I can't see why BBC took Jade Ewen while you have great singers like her... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW1pj35ZzLM
Someone in the comments call her the azeri Rebecca Black ! mouahaha

Narmina
31st January 2013, 19:28
I like this cover!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVVH1dr7Rb4

QwaarJet
31st January 2013, 20:17
I like this cover!

He didn't butcher my favourite song on last year's ESC, which I guess puts him as a front runner in this horrible excuse for a national selection.

r3gg13
31st January 2013, 23:13
Oh my god ! I found the new star ! He has the Je ne sais quoi.. hum, the Chinasawa we need ! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFsbETGa4Pk

That's how I sound like when I have had too much to drink and a mic in my hand xrofl2

r3gg13
31st January 2013, 23:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6PTU8Kmx3Y

Probably the best one that I've heard in the past 2 years of me watching ESC covers :D. Please choose this guy!!!

Scooby
31st January 2013, 23:39
I like this cover!

Actually he had very good accent (even he makes a few small mistakes in pronunciation at the end, but that's understandable)

A-lister
31st January 2013, 23:54
This national selection is still hilarious, it's like watching the worst auditions in X-Factor or something.

Galandar
1st February 2013, 20:27
I just hate and feel ashamed of this amateurish and senseless selection of Ictimai which becomes worse and unprofessional year after year! Very few or almost no people even follow it nowadays. The same about contestants, in this year's selection there is no single popular name among them. I would rather prefer that our representative would be chosen among participants of Byk Səhnə (Big Stage), Azərbaycanın Səsi (Voice) or X-Factor Azerbaijan instead of this farse called Milli Seim Turu :(

A-lister
2nd February 2013, 11:27
^
Oh please no, no more talent shows type of selections... this is already based on such lame format.

I hope you'll get a national selection again like the first year with artists singing original entries and the winner gets to ESC. Don't you have any established acts and composers in Azerbaijan? It's so odd because if your ESC selection is anything to go by it seems you don't.

Galandar
2nd February 2013, 12:20
^
Oh please no, no more talent shows type of selections... this is already based on such lame format.

I hope you'll get a national selection again like the first year with artists singing original entries and the winner gets to ESC. Don't you have any established acts and composers in Azerbaijan? It's so odd because if your ESC selection is anything to go by it seems you don't.
There is both yet the problem is that Ictimai is stuck to its primitive rules of selection process.

Narmina
5th February 2013, 19:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsqQauVNFQA

Finally this girl is back!!! xheart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_7UCV2KImY

dragvision
5th February 2013, 19:24
yes this year azerbaigjan copy nina zilli, she pronunce the word femmina in femmena like in the naples city.

Galandar
6th February 2013, 14:11
I liked Narmina Seyidova. Does she stand a chance? I would like to see her representing us this year :oops:

Narmina
6th February 2013, 17:26
I liked Narmina Seyidova. Does she stand a chance? I would like to see her representing us this year :oops:

I love her since the project Yeni Ulduz - 2. She was only 16 or 17 then and had another surname - Mammadova or Mahmudova. Unfortunally her dad was against her career of a singer. But I'm really happy that she is back :) I was really surprised when I saw her on ITV on Monday :)

Narmina
6th February 2013, 18:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkRVMG1SVHI&feature=youtu.be

Galandar
6th February 2013, 18:32
I love her since the project Yeni Ulduz - 2. She was only 16 or 17 then and had another surname - Mammadova or Mahmudova. Unfortunally her dad was against her career of a singer. But I'm really happy that she is back :) I was really surprised when I saw her on ITV on Monday :)
What do you think? How are her chances? I think she deserves to win. I keep fingers crossed!

Narmina
6th February 2013, 20:01
What do you think? How are her chances? I think she deserves to win. I keep fingers crossed!

don't think so. I think I know who's gonna represent us this year ;)

Galandar
6th February 2013, 23:14
don't think so. I think I know who's gonna represent us this year ;)
Oh now I'm intrigued :D

evilperson
6th February 2013, 23:17
Maybe they will pick a male performer this year? They have yet to send a male soloist and I guess the rumour from ESCKaz about the song demo being recorded with male vocals may be a hint?

A-lister
6th February 2013, 23:18
Maybe they will pick a male performer this year? They have yet to send a male soloist and I guess the rumour from ESCKaz about the song demo being recorded with male vocals may be a hint?

Hmm what rumor? Do they have a demo ready already? Any news about what it sounds like?

Narmina
7th February 2013, 18:43

^_^...

Narmina
9th February 2013, 19:23
Winner of thi week - Farid Mammadov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yai3swIZsuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t6Z_CTanK0

dragvision
11th February 2013, 19:40
this week ictimai tv dont brodcast the last semifinal?

Narmina
21st February 2013, 19:59
This woman is a new discover personally for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDdQ6TTzzCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVBPaxmmCXM

A-lister
21st February 2013, 20:03
^
Those are from "The Voice of Azerbaijan" right?

But what's going on with the Azeri ESC selection? It all went quiet...

Scooby
21st February 2013, 21:26
This woman is a new discover personally for me

Ah God xlovexlovexlove

Trece
21st February 2013, 22:48

OMG :? Awful

GRE
21st February 2013, 23:38
Its like i am watching Aysel,but in her "biggest" version :rolleyes:

watersoup
22nd February 2013, 00:34
But what's going on with the Azeri ESC selection? It all went quiet...

They have discovered a new Eurovision gimmick: Performing with the Grim Reaper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzr4XhxPTV8

escYOUnited
23rd February 2013, 17:50
Nigar Huseynova and Vlada Axundova have won the 7th heat of Milli Secim Turu 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKZmrU3ftcc&amp;feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38_Y2WW7RoE&amp;feature=player_embedded

evilperson
23rd February 2013, 18:41
Isn't this going to wrap up soon? Have they picked all of their finalists?

Galandar
24th February 2013, 17:09
I've got a strong feeling that Farid will represent us this year. He seems to be the strongest among the finalists of Milli Seim Turu

aFPZVeqOzjk

toinou03
24th February 2013, 17:23
And if rumours claiming it will be a male singing in Malm, it will be him, because there are only girls qualified, Farid and the man at the begining but I supposed he's not handsome enough for Ictimai TV ! :D

A-lister
24th February 2013, 17:35
And if rumours claiming it will be a male singing in Malm, it will be him, because there are only girls qualified, Farid and the man at the begining but I supposed he's not handsome enough for Ictimai TV ! :D

Well, he looks better than Eldar and they had no problem sending Eldar so... but then again they threw in Nigar out of nowhere back then. Maybe we'll get a male/female duo again this time?

Narmina
24th February 2013, 18:19
Well, he looks better than Eldar and they had no problem sending Eldar so... but then again they threw in Nigar out of nowhere back then. Maybe we'll get a male/female duo again this time?

I won't be suprised at all xhmm

Narmina
24th February 2013, 18:21
I've got a strong feeling that Farid will represent us this year. He seems to be the strongest among the finalists of Milli Seim Turu

doubt so much. Due to the current situation it will be a girl I suppose xcry

toinou03
24th February 2013, 18:23
Oh Eldar is quite cute ! He looks like coming from Central Asia...
But yes, as far as I remember, they had both a wildcard as not qualifying and then they won, being in final after an internal and mysterious internal semi-final which eliminated all the good singers ! hahahaha

But I think they chose Eldar because he could speak English and German and had a good personality, so that he could do interviews and promote Bakou... The others hardly can speak English or have wind in the head ! :lol: Ell is a good spokesperson for Azerbaidjan...

Narmina
24th February 2013, 18:25
Oh Eldar is quite cute ! He looks like coming from Central Asia...
But yes, as far as I remember, they had both a wildcard as not qualifying and then they won, being in final after an internal and mysterious internal semi-final which eliminated all the good singers ! hahahaha

But I think they chose Eldar because he could speak English and German and had a good personality, so that he could do interviews and promote Bakou... The others hardly can speak English or have wind in the head ! :lol: Ell is a good spokesperson for Azerbaidjan...

Eldar is a very good singer, the duo was based on his vocals

toinou03
24th February 2013, 18:34
^
That's true ! :)

Galandar
25th February 2013, 10:29
doubt so much. Due to the current situation it will be a girl I suppose xcry
Again a girl? This is getting a bit boring :(

A-lister
25th February 2013, 13:42

I don't have any problems with girls though, the only male-only act that entered for Azerbaijan so far was dreadful, Arash's part in 2009 was pretty bad aswell.

GRE
25th February 2013, 14:25
4 men-4 women for Azerbaijan until now,from 2008 to 2012.

A-lister
25th February 2013, 14:27
4 men-4 women for Azerbaijan until now,from 2008 to 2012.

So true! I don't get why everyone say that there were mostly girls? 50/50 is hardly a majority.

Narmina
25th February 2013, 14:35
^ We had a solo woman twice, so I want to see a solo man at ESC finally

Narmina
25th February 2013, 14:35

I have a feeling it would be Vlada xcry

GRE
25th February 2013, 14:39

The important thing is the song,not the artist.
I really really hope that Azerbaijan this year wont go with swedish composers...

A-lister
25th February 2013, 14:51

Well, if the women have been better then what's the problem? It's all about the songs and the package, there shouldn't be a man just because he is a man.

In the end of the day you're not Ukraine, they had like 70-80% female acts :lol:

Narmina
25th February 2013, 17:24
Well, if the women have been better then what's the problem?

No, of course there is no problem. Just want to see something new :D

A-lister
25th February 2013, 17:26
No, of course there is no problem. Just want to see something new :D

Well, that comes down to the song and not so much whether it's a male or a female act.

Something new would be not importing a pop-ballad from Sweden... ;)

Narmina
25th February 2013, 17:28
Something new would be not importing a pop-ballad from Sweden... ;)

can't disagree with you :D what do you think about Farid Mammadov by the way?

A-lister
25th February 2013, 17:32
can't disagree with you :D what do you think about Farid Mammadov by the way?

Not bad not good... he looks alright, the vocals are alright (but a bit nasal)... still though there's no originality there. I don't like acts from talent shows, they mostly sound the same. I like artists with specific sounds and character.

Oh and the English is a bit troubling... but that seems to be the case with most in the selection.

Narmina
25th February 2013, 17:36
Not bad not good... he looks alright, the vocals are alright (but a bit nasal)... still though there's no originality there. I don't like acts from talent shows, they mostly sound the same. I like artists with specific sounds and character.

Oh and the English is a bit troubling... but that seems to be the case with most in the selection.

Yeap, cause we are not English speakers here.

A-lister
25th February 2013, 17:39
Yeap, cause we are not English speakers here.

I know, I'm not judging you or anything... but it takes away from the overall impression when listening to songs being sung in English.

I guess I would prefer a song in Azeri finally... but it seems the acts you choose gets some really intensive English training for ESC because there they all managed to sing the songs without any major problems in English... but yeah, would be cool with something more local sounding (also in language) for a change ;)

Narmina
25th February 2013, 17:55
I know, I'm not judging you or anything... but it takes away from the overall impression when listening to songs being sung in English.

I guess I would prefer a song in Azeri finally... but it seems the acts you choose gets some really intensive English training for ESC because there they all managed to sing the songs without any major problems in English... but yeah, would be cool with something more local sounding (also in language) for a change ;)

It would be sensation if our song is sang in Azeri :? ITV has a position that Europe accept the songs in English better than songs in native languages. Actually I partly agree with them, but at the same time we have a plenty of songs in local languages which were very successful in ESC

A-lister
25th February 2013, 18:29
It would be sensation if our song is sang in Azeri :? ITV has a position that Europe accept the songs in English better than songs in native languages. Actually I partly agree with them, but at the same time we have a plenty of songs in local languages which were very successful in ESC

The majority of the top. 10 last year were atleast partly sung in native language, so ITV should atleast give it a try. I mean what do they have to loose? They already won in 2011, Azerbaijan is always in the top. 10... why not try something new for a change?

Ending up high with imported songs is not really honorable imo

r3gg13
25th February 2013, 23:53
Why can't ITV just ask these guys? These guys are much better than anyone in the NF :evil:. ALSO, this song is a good proof that good composers and arrangers exist in Azerbaijan, so no need to import ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw7VcA-ly40

Narmina
26th February 2013, 10:43
Why can't ITV just ask these guys? These guys are much better than anyone in the NF :evil:. ALSO, this song is a good proof that good composers and arrangers exist in Azerbaijan, so no need to import ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw7VcA-ly40

I don't think that ITV will ask these guys to take part in ESC. But Jay Meel personaly is very talented man, he has written a number of very popular in ::az songs. He is a composer, lyrics writer and singer at the same moment

A-lister
26th February 2013, 12:09
I don't think that ITV will ask these guys to take part in ESC. But Jay Meel personaly is very talented man, he has written a number of very popular in ::az songs. He is a composer, lyrics writer and singer at the same moment

What's ITV's problem with atleast hiring locals to make the song? I just don't get it... all these years entering Swedish products? xshrug

Narmina
26th February 2013, 14:14
What's ITV's problem with atleast hiring locals to make the song? I just don't get it... all these years entering Swedish products? xshrug

pffff, I can't realize it indeed. We have young talented composers here, but they still remain unclaimed for ESC. That's the awful ITV strategy

GRE
26th February 2013, 16:50
Last years song,although it was swedish product,
it was not bad,and not kind of swedish song Russia has this year.
It was fit to the jazz style of Sabina,plus the ethnik elements.