PDA

View Full Version : Will a Swedish entry win this year?

FallenAngelII
24th April 2012, 11:16
As a spin-off of my other poll, I present you with the "Will a Swedish entry win this year"-poll. I just find it quite funny how a whopping 10 songs in the contest are written by Swedes (1 by Finland Swedes and also the only one performed in Swedish) by this. That's almost 1/4th of the songs (23,8%). Clearly, the odds are ever in our favour.

So, this is not a poll of which song you think will win. This is a poll of whether or not you think one of the below songs will win, listed in the order of the age of the performer (they're all solo performances... or twin performances), youngest first, for no good reason:
* Cyprus - Snow White (24 November 1993) - "La La Love" (Bjorn Djupstrom, Viktor Svensson - Writers)
* Ireland - The Weasley Twins (16 October 1991) - "Waterline" (Nick Jarl - Writer)
* Finland - Giant Earrings (11 June 1990) - "När jag blundar" (Language)
* Greece - Eleftheria Eleftheriou (12 May 1989) - "Aphrodisiac" (Mikaela Stenström - Writer)
* Malta - Traditionally (For Malta) Sexually Ambiguous Male (5 may 1989) - "This Is the Night" (Johan Jämtberg, Mikael Gunnerås - Writers)
* Sweden - The Last Airbender (16 October 1983) - "Euphoria" (Everything)
* Italy - Amy Winehouse's Hair (2 February 1980) - "L'amore è femmina" (Kristoffer Sjökvist, Frida Molander - Writers)
* Azerbaijan - Too Much Mascara (2 December 1979) - "When the Music Dies" (A., S. Bjurman, S. Örn, J. Kronlund - Writers)
* Norway - Jacob Black/Taylor Lautner/A Llama (May 26 1987) - "Stay" (Peter Boström, Figge Boström - Writers)
* Spain - Another Weasley (27 September 1978) - "Quédate conmigo" (Thomas G:son, Tony Sánchez-Ohlsson, Erik Bernholm - Writers)
* United Kingdom - Ancient History (2 may 1936) - "Love Will Set You Free" (Martin Terefe - Writer)

So, if you think any of those entries is going to win, vote "Yes". If you think of the other 32 entries is going to win, vote "No".

Explanations for why I nicknamed the singers what I nicknamed them:
* Cyprus - The Cypriot preview video retells the story of Snow White with Ivi Adamou portraying the role of Snow White.
* Ireland - The Weasley Twins were rambunctious, energetic, mischievous and possibly incestous. So are the Grimes Twins.
* Finland - Pernilla Karlsson wore earrings the size of a small country in the Finnish natinal final. No, seriously, you could bludgeon small animals to death with them.
* Malta - Malta seems to only be capable of sending two kinds of artists to the contest: Female divas with huge voices or sexually ambigious male solo singers. Kurt Calleja is actually one of the least sexually ambiguous male singers to have represented Malta in recent memory.
* Sweden - My friend mentioned how Loreen's dance is totally a rip-off of the motions Avatar the Last Airbender uses (to bend air) and I haven't been able to unsee it since.
* Italy - Her hair reminds me of Amy Winehouse's (duh). At least the hair she sported when she performed "Per Sempre".
* Azerbaijan - During some of her live performances of the song, she's wearing way, way too much mascara.
* Norway - Tooji reminds me of Taylor Lauter (a.k.a. Jacob Black, a.k.a. Shirtless Pedophiliac Werewolf from Twiligt), who also looks like a llama. Tooji especially looks like Taylor Lautner/A Pedophiliac (Werewolf from Twiligt)/A Llama in CD cover for the single release of "Stay".
* Spain - She's a ginger.
* United Kingdom - He's 76! 76! Oldest male singer in the contest, ever. Would've been the oldest singer ever, period, if not for one of the Babuskas from Russia.

FallenAngelII
24th April 2012, 11:33
Well, I voted "Yes", seeing as how I think and hope Sweden's gonna win.

94ayd
24th April 2012, 14:47
Seems more probable than not. ;)

Narmina
24th April 2012, 14:49
yes I suppose :D

Yamarus
24th April 2012, 14:59
Only serious contender is Serbia. And Zelko might very well suffer a (relative) flop, say top 10 and not top 3.

Mykola
24th April 2012, 16:09
I would not be against it, ...but I dont think,it will...

as78
24th April 2012, 16:50
And what about Martin Terefe (one of the authors of the song "Love Will Set You Free"- UK entry)? I know that he has for some time living in England, but comes from Sweden. Are we can consider him as the Swedish as well?

mono
24th April 2012, 22:58
of course it is! xD

Jopi
24th April 2012, 23:07
Noo!

EurovisionSmile
25th April 2012, 00:22
Probably :mrgreen:

FallenAngelII
25th April 2012, 06:59
And what about Martin Terefe (one of the authors of the song "Love Will Set You Free"- UK entry)? I know that he has for some time living in England, but comes from Sweden. Are we can consider him as the Swedish as well?
As far as I know, there's no magical list of all entries this year where a Swede's been in involved somehow. I simply looked at the names of the composers/lyricists and gleaned at their Wikipedia entries. I'll add that one to the opening post, though I highly doubt it'll win.

Simon87
25th April 2012, 21:06
I think it will which is ok, but I have few more songs that I would like to see as a winner

CC92
27th April 2012, 00:46
I hope not. All broadcasters should compete with songs from their respective countries and Sweden itself is not my cup of tea. I discount Finland though (doesn't really fit in this category) which I like a lot.

Torrevieja
27th April 2012, 13:52
Sure. Sweden, Italy, Norway, Cyprus or Spain will win!
Spain? I hope but, no.. haha :P

Trece
27th April 2012, 14:53
Spain's victory is something of a series of fantastic. And if that happens - I Believe in end of the world in 2012 :mrgreen: :lol:

Torrevieja
27th April 2012, 22:08
Spain's victory is something of a series of fantastic. And if that happens - I Believe in end of the world in 2012 :mrgreen: :lol:

hahaha ooh :( Pastora is not so bad! :(

alca
28th April 2012, 21:27
A dream come true if Spain wins but we all know it's not gonna happen :( Because Sweden will win! ;)

Paulo3044
28th April 2012, 23:12
I say : NO

Paul89
29th April 2012, 10:45
Hopefully not....

LalehForWD
30th April 2012, 17:57
19 people are either dreamers or imposters.:mrgreen:

sistem
2nd May 2012, 21:34
No, Serbia will win.

Dynesiius
3rd May 2012, 00:07
Well. This year I am thinking we can win the whole competition, because of our very good entry.

aletem
3rd May 2012, 05:25
I hope not! :mrgreen: Well, unless it is Cyprus.

MyHeartIsYours
3rd May 2012, 09:43
A while ago, the Turkish fans took over this forum... now it's the turn of the Swedes :lol:

Mika
4th May 2012, 19:47
Of course not! Izabo will, though.

Miguel
4th May 2012, 19:53
How did I miss this thread? :lol:

Calling it a "swedish entry" isn't over the top? OK, there are some songs in the contest produced by Swedish people. But those songs are not Swedish.
If Ireland, Finland, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Italy, Azerbaijan, Norway, Spain or United Kingdom win, it's not going to be Sweden's win, at all! Let's get real. The title should be changed.

FilipFromSweden
4th May 2012, 20:08
Hahahha i like your list. Yes i think a Swedish song will win this year. The three songs that have the most chanse to win (accept Serbia) is Sweden, Italy and Cyprus.

EvNickGR
4th May 2012, 21:43
Sweden, Cyprus, Serbia, or Spain

Spencre
4th May 2012, 22:33
Sweden will win :'(

Scooby
5th May 2012, 00:17
No, Serbia will win.

Oh you know that I love you haha ;)

Spain or Iceland

gazzerl67
5th May 2012, 17:34
So do we count any song in English as a UK entry now?

Vague
7th May 2012, 13:47
It would be nice if it wins. But no not possible. Her freak effect is a disadvantage for the esc viewer

StellaStai
7th May 2012, 13:54

Very well written.. :D xgood

FallenAngelII
7th May 2012, 22:29
How did I miss this thread? :lol:

Calling it a "swedish entry" isn't over the top? OK, there are some songs in the contest produced by Swedish people. But those songs are not Swedish.
If Ireland, Finland, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Italy, Azerbaijan, Norway, Spain or United Kingdom win, it's not going to be Sweden's win, at all! Let's get real. The title should be changed.
This thread is partially (mostly) tongue-in-cheek, at least when it comes to classifying the songs as "Swedish". Those entries are all partially Swedish because they were written, produced and/or performed by Swedes (or in Finland's case, Finland-Swedes). Of course, they are not entirely Swedish (some are not even mostly Swedish), but they are partially Swedish nonetheless.

If it was written by British people, sure. The sole Swedish entry was also written by Finland-Swedes.

Both of you (as well as others) seem to have missed the fact that this thread (as well as its sister thread) is very much tongue-in-cheek. Did you maybe not read the poll options?

The poll question is "Pika pika pika" and the options are a reference to sex and a Star Wars reference.