PDA

View Full Version : Performances you most look forward to?

Sean
12th April 2012, 18:46
Over the years many entries have surprised us with their staging at the actual contest, as well as how they have been performed. Many entries went from being underdogs to fan favourites after their performance, and many others have gone the other way too. So which songs are you most looking forward to watching the performance of in Baku this year?

Personally :-

::sm - Self-explanatory.

::sk - Really interested in seeing how this is performed. Could make it a real stand-out threat or could make it tank in the semis.

::me - I have no idea what he's going to do for this. Maybe something like France 2008?

::se - Pretty much what everyone would say. If she can pull it off the atmosphere could be electric.

Anyone else?

Trece
12th April 2012, 19:03
::se - It promises to be full disappointment in comparison with the performance at the MF, or even greater admiration.

::sm - I'm waiting on the scene a huge bed and a laptop. :lol: This is perhaps the biggest intrigue of the ESC.

::it - I'm madly like a song and Nina, I really want to see how the show this year will make Italy.

::cy - There is more or less clear with the statement, I was intrigued by a live performance of the song.

::is - It should be something exciting.

Matt
12th April 2012, 19:09
::nl The Netherlands actually have a fair shot at qualifying so I am curious the chemistry onstage.

::se For obvious reasons, it's the big favorite so it's going to be interesting, as someone said above, it'll be a make or break performance.

::sm I'm really intruiged by it.

::uk Can he do it? He sounds great in the studio but I am still not convinced that he can pull it off live

dizzydjc
12th April 2012, 19:11
::no - Well, you just know it's going to be explosive! I'm hoping for pyrotechnics galore and half nakedness!

doctormalisimo
12th April 2012, 19:11
::sm - omgomgomgomgomg

::ru

::is - I reckon they could do something magical here

::md - Hopefully it's as insane as previous years :D

::nl - Native American gear again? I hope she can step up and deliver something new and quirky ^^

::gr - Not really looking forward to this, but I hope they bring back the giant stapler to stop me from going to the toilet during their song.

QwaarJet
12th April 2012, 19:25
San Marino simply because it hasn't been performed on stage yet.

Norway - Yes, this will be flashy

To be honest, I'm looking forward to all the stage performances in some way or another.

Marie Jane
12th April 2012, 19:39
::at Since they cannot use the light effect anymore, i wanna see what they will do instead of that. :)
::cy Humm, i don't know if she will be able to sing/dance.
::fr Really curious about Anggun's performance. It will be a dancing number or what? She can sing it live or not?
::is I wanna see if they will recreate the video's magical/misterious atmosphere.
::ie Don't need to explain. They're Jedward, so i'm really curious about their performance. :lol:
::no He can sing? It's my biggest concern.
::sm This will be amazing. :lol: :lol:
::rs Because he's my favourite.
::sk I'm expecting a very strong and impressive performance. :D
::se I wanna see if she will fail or impress even more.

Simon87
12th April 2012, 19:54
Latvia! :lol:

gabimen
12th April 2012, 20:14
::es
::de
::gr
::cy
::az
::rs

CypriotGirl
12th April 2012, 20:26
It doesn't mean that all of them are my favorites, but I am really curious how they'll be on stage:

::se - I think it will be like in MF, but I am really looking forward to it!
::cy - I have no clue how the staging will be, but I have a feeling it will be either epic or a disaster! (I hope it will be the first)
::gr - Well, I hate the song, but the news about having 2 male and 2 female dancers made me look forward to how it will be on stage!
::sm - Really, I have no clue about it either! I expect something really funny!
::it - I didn't see any video of live performance of this song (I'm not talking about her voice of course, but the whole staging)
::is - Iceland can stage a ballad song in a perfect way, like in 2009!

Also, these: ::tr ::lv ::mk ::md

The rest will be as expected I think!

KaptenFisk
12th April 2012, 20:31
::fr Really curious about Anggun's performance. It will be a dancing number or what? She can sing it live or not?

Yeah, I really look forward to her performance too. Wouldn't mind if she brought some of the boys in her music video with her. :D

Jim
12th April 2012, 20:32
*CYPRUS
*GERMANY
*GREECE
*HUNGARY
*ISRAEL
*ITALY
*MONTENEGRO
*NETHERLANDS
*SAN MARINO
*TURKEY
*UNITED KINGDOM

Trece
12th April 2012, 20:32
::it - I didn't see any video of live performance of this song (I'm not talking about her voice of course, but the whole staging)

http://youtu.be/H6kW6yNzIrg

CypriotGirl
12th April 2012, 21:06
Trece, I mean, the whole staging of the song, not her voice. I didn't see her performing it in a show or anywhere, with choreography or anything. And it's not a ballad like Per Sempre, that we'd be kinda sure that she would stand and sing it. The song is uptempo, it can have a good concept on stage. I can't tell from a video like that, although it seems she will have a band with her on stage. But we cannot be sure about it.

Mozz
12th April 2012, 22:47
I imagine Nina will perform at ESC in almost exactly that dress as shown above and her 'birdnest' hair thing that she had in the Per Sempre video, plus two female background singers in about the same clothes. And no band.

Fluke
12th April 2012, 23:36
OP almost exactly agrees with me.... Albania, Austria, Lithuania and Georgia.... not at least because i have no idea what the reaction will be :p

Trece
12th April 2012, 23:37
I imagine Nina will perform at ESC in almost exactly that dress as shown above and her 'birdnest' hair thing that she had in the Per Sempre video, plus two female background singers in about the same clothes. And no band.

I also think

alca
13th April 2012, 10:44
Totally my top 3!

::es xheart I'm really curious to see how they're gonna stage the performance. I want something really simple!
::se Who doesn't want to see the winner's performance? 8-) :twisted:
::ro Curious to see if she can perform it in the right tone.

lowyby
13th April 2012, 14:16
::be Ofcourse I'm curious to my country's own performance (:
::ua Always mediocre songs, awesome performances & stage acts
::fr This lady is really trying everything this year, remixes, versions with other artists, performing in multiple NF's, Her performance HAS to be good.
::ge How bad will it actually be?
::se Logically, Her performance at MF was soo good already. Suprised how everything will turn out with the backings though, will the singing be equally good to the cd-version?

GRE
13th April 2012, 15:33
::nl The Netherlands actually have a fair shot at qualifying so I am curious the chemistry onstage.

Do you really believe Netherlands has a fair shot in this semifinal,and being 3rd in the row?

EvNickGR
13th April 2012, 16:11
Greece
Cyprus
Sweden
Spain
Norway

Asiye
13th April 2012, 19:47
Can's performance - ::tr most :D I wonder it so much.

Hegepege
13th April 2012, 20:00
Montenegro! I am sure it will be spectacular. Moldova always put on a crazy show, and Romania, I've read that critics has encourage the girl to wear as little clothes as possible in order to be remembered since she's such a below average singer :lol:

EurovisionSmile
13th April 2012, 20:06
This must be a cliche by now, but I'm really looking forward to watching Loreen's performance. I'm also very curious about Valentina's live performance :mrgreen:

Sabrewulf238
15th April 2012, 01:52
I'm thinking:

::ie
::is
::se
::es
::lv
::nl
::sm
::me

Of course Ireland because I'm from Ireland....so there will be tense anticipation there naturally.

San Marino and Montenegro are more for the humour side of things, while the others I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing them perform.

Now that I think of it, I'm also a little curious what Slovakia will be like on the night.

doctormalisimo
15th April 2012, 13:09
I'm dying to see how Valentina's act refers to the cybersex line :lol:

RomanFromRussia
15th April 2012, 13:19
::sm - I want see this!

::is ::ch ::pt ::mk ::sl ::ru - My main favourites

::az - The best ::az entry ever, that's why I want see it performing live

::me - I want see this

::ie::ge - I want see their fail:D

as78
15th April 2012, 13:30
::it - one of my favorites now, I'm looking forward live performace
::sm - It would be really interesting
::me - do not know what to expect
::lv - it's my country, I disliked performance (song is OK) on national SF and F, I would like and look forward to something different

Also ::tr, ::at...
My other my favorites ::pt, ::fi, ::ee, ::rs i would not change anything

Nike
15th April 2012, 13:49
::se, as Alca said: who doesn't want to see the winner performance? :D ;)

::is, amazing entry and I just want to see it live in Baku. I think this will be great.

::cy, An another song I like. I'm curious how this will sound live.

::gr, Greece know how to make good performance.

::il, one of my faves and I just hope this will sound great live too.

::ru, who doesn't want to see this charming ladies. They are soooo cute.

::rs, the best ballad amd Zeljko is a great performer. This will be amazing. I'm sure.

Adeline
15th April 2012, 14:49
I'm most looking forward to:

::me - I don't know what to expect with this, so I'm very curious how the act will be

::sm - I'm wondering how they will make it work on stage

::cy - I think the music video is totally misplaced with the feeling of the song, so I hope they won't make the same mistake with the stage act

::fr - I have the feeling that Angunn will try anything to impress on stage. Considering we haven't yet seen her perform it with an 'act', I'm curious how it will be

::il - I can't wait till I can see the act. I'm wondering what they are going to do with it

::nl - Joan still hasn't decided whether or not she is going to use the Indian theme, so I'm off course very curious about what she is going to decide!

I think the rest will be as I expect...

razi
15th April 2012, 22:15
I think you are being mean here, but we'll see who will laugh last
Montenegro! I am sure it will be spectacular. Moldova always put on a crazy show, and Romania, I've read that critics has encourage the girl to wear as little clothes as possible in order to be remembered since she's such a below average singer :lol:

daniels1000
16th April 2012, 00:57
in order :

1. ::sm SAN MARINO - omg,omg,omg,omg - what will that be ?
2. ::me MONTENEGRO - look at no.1.
3. ::cy CYPRUS - i want to hear her live finally
4. ::at AUSTRIA - they announced a new,interesting performance.
5. ::ru RUSSIA - laughing
6. ::ua UKRAINE - Does Ukraine prepare something crazy as always ?
7. ::hr CROATIA - just want to know how will be performance
8. ::tr TURKEY - Will he wear a topcoat again ?
9. ::is ICELAND - Think that will be something magic.
10. ::az AZERBAIJAN - I didn't hear it live
11. ::md MOLDOVA - Think that can be something crazy also.

Stella
16th April 2012, 10:20
that critic is an old singer forgot by Romanian population...jealousy much from him? Yes :lol:
Elena sings great-she has sung for 6 years with Mandinga,since she was 17,and that band sings lationo music,jazz and dance music and at their private concerts they always sing live.
If you watch the NF performance,I must tell you that there is every year a problem with the sound at TVR.
Elena Gheorghe's live singing at the NF was bad,she even missed some notes.In Moscow,her singing was flawless.
And considering both sang a dance song and also danced,they did great.
Anyway,I'm sure Elena will surprise everyone singing great in Baku :)

aletem
9th May 2012, 02:46
Macedonia -> Waiting for the EPIC scream! :mrgreen: :D And she will blow everyone with her voice, so it would be nice to see how the others sound weaker compared to her. :lol:

Cyprus -> I want to see the choreography. There is a lot of room to do something very nice on stage.

San Marino -> Same as Cyprus.

Bosnia -> The video looked very nice and unusual. I am curious how her presentation will turn out to be.

and finally

Austria -> I wanna see those female strippers with the LEDs :mrgreen: :lol:

FallenAngelII
9th May 2012, 02:54
::no He can sing? It's my biggest concern.
No, he really can't. Seriously, he's not a singer. Dancer, model, alleged pretty boy, Tayler Lautner look-alike. But not a singer.

Vittra
9th May 2012, 16:25
::is Their performance in the Icelandic final was really boring. The song itself is OK. But a boring performance = boring song, IMO. So I'm really hoping that their show in Baku is ...explosive and magical. I have high expectations for Iceland.

::cy Again, the performance I've seen so far was boring and didn't fit the song. But I've read that she's going to have background dancers in Baku. Interesting to see how that will turn out.

Steffan
9th May 2012, 18:43
::cy Because I love the song so much and wanna see if she does a good job at the performance
::gr I also love the song and Greece always has a good choreography (apart from last year >,>)
::ro Love the song ^^ Also wonder about how the stage will be done
::ru No need for explanation xD
::sm No need for explanation xD
::no Hope they keep the hoodies
::it Because Italy is classy ^^

stephanos13
9th May 2012, 20:03
Cyprus,Greece and Sweden.

Asiye
10th May 2012, 18:00
Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Iceland, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, San Marino, Switzerland, Turkey. I wonder those performances.

aletem
10th May 2012, 19:10
No, he really can't. Seriously, he's not a singer. Dancer, model, alleged pretty boy, Tayler Lautner look-alike. But not a singer.
Well that is an insult for Taylor Lautner.

Terence
10th May 2012, 20:43
01. ::hu - just to see if he can pull it off live or kill it like in the NF
02. ::ua - dislike the song but they always put on a show
03. ::cy - worried about her vocal capabilities
04. ::sm - just to see if there would be any laptops on stage
05. ::rs - hoping for a performance similar to 'Lane Moje'

and obviously ::is - my favourite tune!

EurovisionSmile
10th May 2012, 21:18
From what I've heard I guess the Russian grandmas will be cooking on stage or something like that? :? It might be hilarious, but my opinion about the song won't change.

Terence
10th May 2012, 21:33
Oh dear! Then again, we had laundry on stage, might as well have a stove now!

A-lister
11th May 2012, 02:13
::se Well, the performance will most probably be more or less identical to the MF one (the sad thing with Swedish ESC entrants is that they don't change anything, not even the bad parts), so it's more if she can make the best out of it vocally and re-create that amazing atmosphere on a larger stage.

::ua Ukraine are known for preparing great performances, so I'm hoping for another show-stopper, afterall it's been a couple of years now since Ukraine send an uptempo song, so out of all the uptempo songs, I guess they'll again have the most spectacular show... or?

::cy Will she pull it off live? If the performance will be good, this might even win the whole thing. It all comes down to vocals and if they have any stunt for us.

::sm HOW will this be executed live!?!?

::bg Will it be equally non-fitting as the national selection performance, or have are they actually preparing a show that will fit the song finally (including a new wardrobe and hairdo).

::ro It's a favorite of mine, so I'm curious if they will make a great performance for the song, or a more generic one like they did at their NF.

EurovisionSmile
11th May 2012, 02:51
Oh dear! Then again, we had laundry on stage, might as well have a stove now!

:lol: right!

Vague
11th May 2012, 10:33
::uk I have a feeling that Engelbert will rock on stage. Everyone will feel the differnce of experience..

He is the wildcard of the contest...

CypriotGirl
11th May 2012, 18:38
03. ::cy - worried about her vocal capabilities

::cy Will she pull it off live? If the performance will be good, this might even win the whole thing. It all comes down to vocals and if they have any stunt for us.

No need to worry! Or better say: Nothing to fear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zSPcVIQ6JNE

Grinch
11th May 2012, 18:51
::uk I have a feeling that Engelbert will rock on stage. Everyone will feel the differnce of experience..

He is the wildcard of the contest...

I watched a few videos of him singing live in 2011, he's really good. I'm worried about his performance.

Jukica
11th May 2012, 19:08
1. definitely ::sm :lol: I expect a laptop lol
2. ::ro - my ESC 2012 fave
3. ::hr - Nina said that the performance won't be a typical one and that it'll be quite artistic :D
4. ::ru - will be fun :D
5. ::me - have no idea (as well) what he'll do
6. ::se - will be effective, I think :D
::rs, ::cy, ::gr, etc. :D

papillon
11th May 2012, 22:23
No need to worry! Or better say: Nothing to fear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zSPcVIQ6JNE

we all know that ivi has a great voice and she can sing live the thing that worries me the most is her stress. she's young and gets stressed and her voice gets a bit out of tune. hopefully she'll be able to manage that on stage. other than that she'll be 12pts+!!! (her clothes worry me as well, i know its superficial and ppl say it doesnt matter as long as she can sing but i think on the night everything plays a crucial role! just my opinion)

papillon
11th May 2012, 22:31
forgot to say which songs i look forward to!

well ::cy- for all the reasons that worry me (see post above :p)
::gr - i dont like the song this year and hope i will change my mind on the night (hopefully not on the expense of cy)
::it - i really like her voice and id like to see a stage performance from a 1920s american movie wearing a nice flapper dress
::sm - just to have a laugh, def a laptop or ipad on stage
::se - dont get this whole hype surrounding this song so waiting to see if she'll win me over.

Terence
12th May 2012, 00:57
Well for ::it they could recreate the dance routine from the video!!!