PDA

View Full Version : Kate Ryan of 2012

alca
23rd March 2012, 20:28
Let's have it! What do you think? :D Who's gonna be the Kate Ryan of 2012?

ParadiseES
23rd March 2012, 20:31
Maybe Jedward or maybe we don't have Kate Ryan this year...

ESCjunkie
23rd March 2012, 20:32
Loreen!

EurovisionSmile
23rd March 2012, 20:33
Maybe Jedward or maybe we don't have Kate Ryan this year...

Totally agree with you. In every word :mrgreen:

Paul89
23rd March 2012, 20:34
Cyprus, or possibly Sweden

Israeliboy
23rd March 2012, 20:44
Cyprus or Norway or Ireland

Marie Jane
23rd March 2012, 20:44
Ivi Adamou.

I would say Jedward, but they are not favourites.

Synergise
23rd March 2012, 20:48
I do like the song, but I think the obvious choice is Ivi.

Quent91
23rd March 2012, 20:52
Valentina from ::sm :p

Jim
23rd March 2012, 21:34
I think it will be Norway (again after last year!)

LadyKiller
23rd March 2012, 21:37
My dear sweet Alca, you asked for it!

Sweden, of course! :lol:

alca
23rd March 2012, 23:03
My dear sweet Alca, you asked for it!

Sweden, of course! :lol:

Ain't gonna happen! :twisted:

Nike
23rd March 2012, 23:04
Denmark

dragvision
23rd March 2012, 23:50
ANGUUN ::fr, she have make tour aoround europe like kate, but she finishe in the last position in the big final

DoctorX
24th March 2012, 01:33
If we're talking about failing in semis like Kate Ryan i dont think anyone. But IMO ::se is not gonna finish as high as everyone expect. Actually apart from the 'Kate Ryan Award' if there was a 'Charlotte Perelli Award' this could have gone to Loreen without a doubt.

doctormalisimo
24th March 2012, 01:36
Loreen. Even 2nd place would fall way below expectations for her :lol:

I say Ivi, Nina or Soluna :p

RainyWoods
24th March 2012, 01:39
I think (and hope secretly) that Jedward will do a Kate Ryan if anyone does. I think Cyprus might just fail to reach the semi also.

A-lister
24th March 2012, 01:50
Hmm, everyone mentions Jedward, but are they even favorites?

Their song this year is so bad, there's no cheeky-ness or catchy-factor added as with "Lipstick" which rocked. This song just sound like One Direction or the name of that Disney-ish boyband.

This is pure on Disney-pop with no identity.

Jukica
24th March 2012, 01:57
Hmmm I think France :/ but I like French song this year

RainyWoods
24th March 2012, 02:04
Hmm, everyone mentions Jedward, but are they even favorites?

Their song this year is so bad, there's no cheeky-ness or catchy-factor added as with "Lipstick" which rocked. This song just sound like One Direction or the name of that Disney-ish boyband.

This is pure on Disney-pop with no identity.

To me their song sounds like something British boyband Busted would have sung back in the day. It's teen pop-rock in it's most generic form. As you say, at least last year their song was cheeky and fun. It's better to have fun eurotrash than just plain trash as their song is this year.

I think alot of people would be surprised not to see them in the final purely because of how well they did last year.

Anthony Tesla
24th March 2012, 02:17
Cyprus: the song started with a lot of buzz but I kind of feel that it's declining little by little.

aletem
24th March 2012, 07:14
I don't know. :lol: The second semi final would be pretty tight I think, so it can be a Nordic country, it can be someone else.

Trece
24th March 2012, 11:35
Each year is full of surprises, so that May 26 will see

JackBauer
26th March 2012, 19:46
Cyprus & France, both i can see bottom five easily despite liking them both!

CypriotGirl
26th March 2012, 20:02
::no comes to mind first. It might even fail to reach the final.

::fr too, but it is not a big favorite.

CypriotGirl
26th March 2012, 20:04
Cyprus: the song started with a lot of buzz but I kind of feel that it's declining little by little.

What this has to do with the ESC result? 90+% of the people would listen to the songs for the first time in the night of the SF, so this does not count at all. We are not a big favorite anyway, Sweden is the big favorite, and I don't see it doing bad in any case. It will win most probably.

::is can fail to do as expected, although I love it. ::dk the same.

arne1990
26th March 2012, 20:33
::dk Denmark.
I already don't know why everybody loves it so much.

Arv
26th March 2012, 21:17
::dk Denmark.
I already don't know why everybody loves it so much.

I'm sure Denmark ::dk will do very well. It's the typical song you hear on the radio. Which means a lot of people will like it.

I hate to say it but I believe it'll be my favourite song this year - Iceland ::is.

Cyprus ::cy has a big failing potential too ;)

Jopi
26th March 2012, 21:32
Greece>Norway>Romania>Cyprus.

FallenAngelII
27th March 2012, 04:56
Please be Norway. He's somehow worse than Saade last year. He's got a superior song (because it's not infantile), but he's worse at pretty much everything else, including singing (which takes quite some effort).

r3gg13
27th March 2012, 06:35
For me ::gr, ::cy, ::se might fail

aletem
27th March 2012, 07:27
Remember that Kate Ryan in eurovision means failing to qualify, despite being a favourite. Some of you have mentioned France, but France can't be a Kate Ryan. :lol:

qabadachia
27th March 2012, 13:56
Norway, Ireland or Denmark.

Simon87
27th March 2012, 13:58
Russia

alca
27th March 2012, 14:39
Remember that Kate Ryan in eurovision means failing to qualify, despite being a favourite. Some of you have mentioned France, but France can't be a Kate Ryan. :lol:

This! :lol:

Milos-BC
5th April 2012, 22:13
Even though it is one of my faves ::se

VasilijeM
5th April 2012, 22:21
Ireland or Romania. :)

Nicfedy
6th April 2012, 00:06
Denmark

dezbee2008
6th April 2012, 00:51
::rs or ::sl

NeonProject
6th April 2012, 02:02
Russia
I really am hoping this.

Anthony Tesla
6th April 2012, 04:59
Russia: Last year they ended up in 9th place on its semifinal, they weren't that really far from elimination, thanks to the juries. It's not impossible to be eliminated despise having plenty of popular support and media buzz, if the song tanks hard with the juries

Milos-BC
6th April 2012, 22:50
No way for Russia to be Kate Ryan of the year.

I think Russia will end in top 5 in the final. It's hard to predict, as the juries may not fall for the grannies, but if it was just the televoting, they would be in top 3 at least imo.

EurovisionSmile
7th April 2012, 00:12
No way for Russia to be Kate Ryan of the year.

I think Russia will end in top 5 in the final. It's hard to predict, as the juries may not fall for the grannies, but if it was just the televoting, they would be in top 3 at least imo.

They will surely end higher than they deserve :lol: anyway, I can't see a '2012 Kate Ryan' this year. I really believe Sweden will succeed in both semi-final and final. And I think "Euphoria" and Loreen are the closest in popularity to "Je t'adore" and Kate Ryan. However, it's obviously far better!

VedatiNet
7th April 2012, 18:20
Maybe Serbia. Zeljko is coming back for the win and may end not qualifying though the song is not bad but the 2004 were million times better

croboy82
7th April 2012, 21:55
Cyprus could be a shock non-qualifier

Sabrewulf238
7th April 2012, 22:07
I'm going to go out on a limb.....and say Ukraine.

I'm not sure if Cyprus could be the Kate Ryan because it's the country most people will probably think of this year when somebody says Kate Ryan and as the Kate Ryan is supposed to be a shock, it kind of beats itself.

theCONWEL
6th June 2012, 12:02
This definitely went to Eva Boto from ::sl this year, so underrated! :cry:

daniels1000
6th June 2012, 16:08
::sl Eva Boto - unfortunately , the winner xcry :(

FallenAngelII
6th June 2012, 18:55
This definitely went to Eva Boto from ::sl this year, so underrated! :cry:
Except she was underrated even before her semi-final. A Kate Ryan is someone who is expected to do well but doesn't. Not someone who isn't expected to do very well and doesn't.

rajo
6th June 2012, 20:29
There was actually no shock non-qualifier.

daniels1000
6th June 2012, 21:01
Except she was underrated even before her semi-final. A Kate Ryan is someone who is expected to do well but doesn't. Not someone who isn't expected to do very well and doesn't.

I understand what is Kate Ryan,and I don't agree with you . I think that ::sl was expected to do well, but it wasn't

Grinch
6th June 2012, 21:14
Slovenia. Although after seeing her boring and unoriginal performance, it was not THAT shocking.

pyryniemi
6th June 2012, 21:35
I'm going to go out on a limb.....and say Ukraine

I think Ukraine has been one of the most hated songs this year actually :P

EurovisionSmile
6th June 2012, 21:49
I understand what is Kate Ryan,and I don't agree with you . I think that ::sl was expected to do well, but it wasn't

Eva had a bad and boring performance. It didn't surprise me that she didn't qualify. I really didn't like it and was hugely disappointed. Croatia was better and by a landslide!

FallenAngelII
6th June 2012, 22:55
By whom? This isn't something that's up to personal opinion. Nobody expected her to do well, neither the fans nor the bookmakers. The fact that maybe you did does not make her a Kate Ryan.

A Kate Ryan is hyped by the majority, not by a small minority. This year was pretty much devoid of Kate Ryans.

Terence
6th June 2012, 23:56
Well arguably Anggun could fit in that category - her song was never a favourite but as an artist she was hyped (like Jedward)...

EurovisionSmile
7th June 2012, 00:24
Well arguably Anggun could fit in that category - her song was never a favourite but as an artist she was hyped (like Jedward)...

One of the bad songs that ended where it deserved. Not even the French believed in the song's success.:?

drhierbas
7th June 2012, 08:38
It's shocking to see how badly some ppl wanted Loreen to fail :D

The person that mentioned Norway was really spot on! Congrats to you!

alca
7th June 2012, 10:43
Hm I don't remember if it was here or in facebook but months ago I said that Tooji will end up like Haba Haba... 8)

FallenAngelII
8th June 2012, 16:15
Hm I don't remember if it was here or in facebook but months ago I said that Tooji will end up like Haba Haba... 8)
Well, he didn't do nearly as badly, but it was bad nonetheless.

alca
10th June 2012, 23:52
Why did I focus on Norway? Guys! 2012's Kate Ryan is totally Iceland!!! Everyone had this in their top 5/top 3 predictions! (At least in OGAE Greece)

aletem
11th June 2012, 02:15
It can't be Norway or Iceland, because they qualified. So, the closest one would be Slovenia as most people expected them to qualify and they were in the top10 of most polls. To me it looks like Slovenia did more of a "Lako je sve" rather than a true Kate Ryan (but definitely the one that was closest to Kate Ryan - would be Slovenia and nobody else).

daniels1000
11th June 2012, 11:07
It can't be Norway or Iceland, because they qualified. So, the closest one would be Slovenia as most people expected them to qualify and they were in the top10 of most polls. To me it looks like Slovenia did more of a "Lako je sve" rather than a true Kate Ryan (but definitely the one that was closest to Kate Ryan - would be Slovenia and nobody else).

finally someone who agree with me ! :D

CC92
12th June 2012, 00:34
It depends on whether you consider a 'Kate Ryan' as a failing fan favourite, contender to do well or both. Bookies this year got it more or less right so if you had to pick one for the first definition the only option would be Engelbert. Forgotten fanwanks were (as pointed out) Slovenia, the Netherlands and to some extent Norway. And if you ignore the jury votes most probably Spain, too.

Jopi
18th June 2012, 22:04
Iceland!

FallenAngelII
20th June 2012, 08:44
Iceland!
They were pretty uninteresting live. Both of them had weak-to-mediocre vocals and they barely looked at each other or made any contact. There was close to no chemistry between them, which is a giant no-no when it comes to duets. Furthermore, the camera angles were horrid. Oftentimes, only one of them was visible in shots where both should have been visible.