PDA

View Full Version : Dark horse for 2012

r3gg13
20th March 2012, 01:31
We have the "overrated" thread, we must have the dark horse thread as well. Discuss!

doctormalisimo
20th March 2012, 01:42
::is has dark horse written all over it.

Marie Jane
20th March 2012, 02:06
::ee

FallenAngelII
20th March 2012, 02:30
Possibly San Marino if they keep the theme of the song and put on a good stage show.

Cooler
20th March 2012, 02:44
::al

LakZaNokte
20th March 2012, 08:54
::me ofc

go team Neurobiologicxcheer

deese
20th March 2012, 08:57
Turkey :D

LadyKiller
20th March 2012, 09:22
Israel

Hegepege
20th March 2012, 09:24
Turkey.

Narmina
20th March 2012, 10:05
::tr or ::il this time

Franco
20th March 2012, 10:32
Funny song ............. checked
Originality ............... checked
Catchy tune ............ checked
Charismatic singer .... checked

It's the Izabo from ::il
Their only disadvantage is having no neighbors for vote exchange, but they have otherwise all numbers to win, this year.

ParadiseES
20th March 2012, 10:39
hmmmm not sure yet. I'll say after the rehearsals ;)

Trece
20th March 2012, 11:58
::at can't even imagine what will happen on the stage and what the results will be

Sim
20th March 2012, 12:00
::at or ::lv

ESCjunkie
20th March 2012, 12:03
::at or ::lv

Totally agree with this!

alca
20th March 2012, 12:05
I want to say Israel... but it's early. I agree with Pablo. We should talk about it after the first rehearsals.

qabadachia
20th March 2012, 14:53
::lv :D

Israeliboy
20th March 2012, 15:07
::il for me :)

RainyWoods
20th March 2012, 16:10
I think Albania is the true dark horse of the year. Although it probably won't win, I feel it doing soo much better than what people expect, possibly topping the jury vote even. It's one of the bravest, most honest things that will ever be put upon the Eurovision stage and if theres any justice, Rona shall be rewarded for it. Depends what kind of people fill the juries though.

Anthony Tesla
20th March 2012, 16:51
I've got the feeling that Israel would end up in a unexpectedly high position.

Narmina
20th March 2012, 17:03
I see Israel in Top 5 this year, though the song is not my cup of tea at all

FallenAngelII
20th March 2012, 17:15
I think Albania is the true dark horse of the year. Although it probably won't win, I feel it doing soo much better than what people expect, possibly topping the jury vote even.
No, that's Italy's job.

It's one of the bravest, most honest things that will ever be put upon the Eurovision stage and if theres any justice, Rona shall be rewarded for it. Depends what kind of people fill the juries though.
It's extremely dated, though and doesn't really have that wide of an appeal. Unless the juries feel like really going against the televoters (not necessarily consciously) again, it won't get very high marks, especially not in a year full of similar ballads.

CPV4931
20th March 2012, 17:46
Israel & Macedonia

Grinch
20th March 2012, 18:27
::is has dark horse written all over it.

It's one of the faves already? Not in the odds but in general, on the forums and all...

RainyWoods
20th March 2012, 18:42
It's extremely dated, though and doesn't really have that wide of an appeal. Unless the juries feel like really going against the televoters (not necessarily consciously) again, it won't get very high marks, especially not in a year full of similar ballads.

Sorry but im going to have to disagree with the points you made there. The song is not dated in any way at all. Dated would apply to a song thats using some cheesy commercial element of the past. "Suus" is something that I think can be considered timeless. It's not dated, it's just uncommon and doesnt fit into todays (godawful) mainstream world. And the other ballads are absolutely nothing like it either.. the way it is sung, the orchestration, how the song is formed and the emotions it's capable of triggering. It's like nothing thats ever been in the contest before.

There are alot of typical ballads this year. To be honest all of them are very well done, none dare to do anything different or brave though as Albania has done. I don't hold much hope however for the public vote Albania will get. It's a very polarizing song thats not going to be understood by most. Those that like it though love it with such strong feelings.

Oh and I think Italy ruined their chances for topping the jury vote when they changed "Per Sempre".

r3gg13
20th March 2012, 18:52
::me ofc

go team Neurobiologicxcheer

If somehow, Rambo manages to make people laugh or even just smile, I think he could make it to the final.
Team Neurobiologic FTW :D

I see ::il, ::mk as the dark horses this year.

LakZaNokte
20th March 2012, 18:58
well, Israel isn't really dark horse for me cause I love the song (another personal top 5) and I've been expecting great result from the get go xshrug (no bs, I really am)

RainyWoods
20th March 2012, 19:04
If somehow, Rambo manages to make people laugh or even just smile, I think he could make it to the final.
Team Neurobiologic FTW :D

I see ::il, ::mk as the dark horses this year.

Those are the two songs I can honestly see going either way. I hope they do well though and reach the final as they are both awesome, un-eurovisionary (new word there) songs.

r3gg13
20th March 2012, 19:47
Those are the two songs I can honestly see going either way. I hope they do well though and reach the final as they are both awesome, un-eurovisionary (new word there) songs.

I do love them, but I don't see many people who do. I think your term really fits the songs well; these songs are not the "typical ESC song" for sure.

FallenAngelII
20th March 2012, 19:48
Sorry but im going to have to disagree with the points you made there. The song is not dated in any way at all. Dated would apply to a song thats using some cheesy commercial element of the past. "Suus" is something that I think can be considered timeless.
Name 10 songs in the past 5 years that have done well that sound like "Suus". Just because it's a fully orchestrated ballad, it doesn't mean it's "timeless" and great. Also, this is Eurovision, an annual contest filled with such ballads, much more so than the music industry in general. We've seen and heard them a million times before. Is it bad? No. But it's hardly fresh or spectacular either.

It's not dated, it's just uncommon and doesnt fit into todays (godawful) mainstream world.
Uncommon my tuchas. We see at least 3 of them each year at Eurovision... if we're lucky.

And the other ballads are absolutely nothing like it either.. the way it is sung, the orchestration, how the song is formed and the emotions it's capable of triggering.
That's your subjective opinion. It doesn't evoke any kind of feelings inside of me. I just get bored.

It's like nothing thats ever been in the contest before.
Do you seriously think that? Really?

To be honest all of them are very well done, none dare to do anything different or brave though as Albania has done.
What's so brave about what Albania's doing?

It's a very polarizing song thats not going to be understood by most.
That's my point. I doesn't have a wide appeal. At all.

Oh and I think Italy ruined their chances for topping the jury vote when they changed "Per Sempre".
"Suus" has far less wide appeal than whatever the new Italian song is called (I forgot and I'm lazy, something like "Love is Feminine" in Italian or something like that). I'm interested to know what in the world you think is fresh, new and "brave" about "Suus".

RainyWoods
20th March 2012, 20:30
FallenAngel it's going to be hard to answer back to all that you have said to me because we just have very differing opinions on that matter. I can try and explain or answer some of your points at least.

I can't name 10 songs in the past 5 years that have done well and that sound like "Suus" mainly because there hasnt been any like it. I can give you something of exceptional artistic quality though that did reasonably well and that is Patricia Kaas' "Et Sil Fallait Le Faire". It was nothing like "Suus" but shared a similar high quality and melancholy undertone. Lots of people dislike "Suus" because of how different it is and unconventional. There are alot of "ballads by numbers" in the contest, crafted with the hope of success. These ballads all end up sounding similar and cliche because the creators are trying to appeal to as many people as possible. "Suus" is not like this. It's a very personal (no pun intended) song which is what makes it brave. It's brave in the way that Rona is taking the song to places where she risks extreme polarization. But then if you think "Suus" really sounds like everything else theres no point in me even trying to argue my point because you have your mind made up already.

I am not the only person who thinks this way about the song. Ive read many people express such deep attachment to it. The song bores you so I imagine you would never be able to understand the meaning of the song to some people. I can assure you though that to me personally, it is one of the most special, meaningful song ive heard in my life.

And although what ive just written there is extremely off topic, I think it all adds to why I think "Suus" is this years dark horse :) It's near the bottom of the betting odds but I think it's quality should prevail. I honestly can't really say anymore than that. I know we obviously have extremely different views on the song:lol:

FallenAngelII
20th March 2012, 20:39
I can't name 10 songs in the past 5 years that have done well and that sound like "Suus" mainly because there hasnt been any like it.
What's so special about it?

I can give you something of exceptional artistic quality...
******** reasoning. "Exceptional artistic quality". The Hell kind of gauge for how good an Eurovision entry is is that?

Tthough that did reasonably well and that is Patricia Kaas' "Et Sil Fallait Le Faire".
I meant in general, not just in Eurovision. You claim it's "timeless" and not "dated".

"Suus" is not like this. It's a very personal (no pun intended) song which is what makes it brave.
The Hell. "Personal" = "Brave". Yeah, whatever.

It's brave in the way that Rona is taking the song to places where she risks extreme polarization.
More ********.

I am not the only person who thinks this way about the song. Ive read many people express such deep attachment to it.
"Many" is a weasel word. How many? 100? 50? 25? 5? And who cares? For every 100 people who love it, there'll probably be thousands who don't.

The song bores you so I imagine you would never be able to understand the meaning of the song to some people. I can assure you though that to me personally, it is one of the most special, meaningful song ive heard in my life.
Because she's so "brave", the song is so "personal" and there's such "exceptional artistic quality"? Do you even know what the lyrics say or are you just basing that on the way she sings?

And although what ive just written there is extremely off topic, I think it all adds to why I think "Suus" is this years dark horse :) It's near the bottom of the betting odds but I think it's quality should prevail. I honestly can't really say anymore than that. I know we obviously have extremely different views on the song:lol:
It can never be a dark horse because the televoters will snub it entirely. A song has to have at least nominal support by both "camps" in order to do well. I'm thinking it won't even make the final. It's too "brave" for it.

Sim
20th March 2012, 20:41
pff what a discussion:p

94ayd
20th March 2012, 20:45
Obviously ::bg ;) :lol:

RainyWoods
20th March 2012, 20:58
FallenAngel I gave you my reasoning but you are just rubbishing it all and not at least respecting that this is how I feel on the matter. There is no point in me even continuing to reply to your points cause I feel im being pushed into an argument and I don't wish to argue so ill stop now. Ive said my piece. Theres a fair few songs I don't like this year but im not going to push my opinions in such a belittling way onto people who do have feelings for them.. because thats honestly how it's felt for me reading your reactions to what ive wrote just now.

wittgenstein
20th March 2012, 21:05
netherlands? 8-)

FallenAngelII
20th March 2012, 21:09
FallenAngel I gave you my reasoning but you are just rubbishing it all and not at least respecting that this is how I feel on the matter. There is no point in me even continuing to reply to your points cause I feel im being pushed into an argument and I don't wish to argue so ill stop now. Ive said my piece. Theres a fair few songs I don't like this year but im not going to push my opinions in such a belittling way onto people who do have feelings for them.. because thats honestly how it's felt for me reading your reactions to what ive wrote just now.
You speak as if what you think and feel is a universal thing, as if it's one of the "correct" interpretations of the song and performance, as if her performance is timeless, brave and all that. You didn't actually say that that was just your own personal opinion. You made some ridiculous claims about the song. You were unable to actually substantiate them.

It's fine if that's how you personally feel about the song. But don't speak as if it's something that a lot of people do/should feel or as if what you think about the song is demonstrably true.

netherlands? 8-)
I still want to know what was up with that getup in the national final.

RainyWoods
20th March 2012, 21:26
Thats fair enough. You replied to my first post though with your opinion as if it was factual as well which is why I probably answered back the way I did. The "dated" part was what I strongly disagreed with. I usually would say "In my opinion". I know there are others though who feel the same way about the song as I do as I have spoken to them. I still go by all what I said before, id just stick a "in my opinion" at the end of it now cause it is just an opinion, although I feel very strongly about it.

arne1990
20th March 2012, 21:37
::at Austria,

EvNickGR
20th March 2012, 21:44
Austria, Israel, and maybe Fyrom.

dragvision
20th March 2012, 23:54
country helped by the juries:
::be

Jopi
22nd March 2012, 19:11
Albania,Georgia.

RomanFromRussia
22nd March 2012, 19:12
::md

TheLuflee
22nd March 2012, 19:31
What about ::fi Finland? :) xheart

katapult
22nd March 2012, 19:35
What about ::fi Finland? :) xheart

I would love that! :)

aletem
23rd March 2012, 03:21
Like every year, I think the dark horse will be this one:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VpVhjqBFro0/TvcNtzXMhwI/AAAAAAAAB_s/MmVhK5JP0Ig/s1600/the+black+horse.jpg

:lol:

LakZaNokte
23rd March 2012, 03:42
beautiful creature xheart

tbh, I would rather watch him on the stage than some of the performers :confused:
+ he would sound better

JustinCase
23rd March 2012, 04:49
I think these are dark horses:
Netherlands ::nl
Macedonia ::mk
Slovakia ::sk

LakZaNokte
23rd March 2012, 16:03
it is rather possible. in case his live goes well, juries might go for that. (diverse esc is good esc cause it widens the audience and we all know what that means ;))

A.B.
23rd March 2012, 20:46
::ru because they will score top 2 in the final.

Marie Jane
23rd March 2012, 20:52
^

God, i hope you're wrong. :lol: Seriously... :? Anyway, i think the juries will ruin all their chances.

Grinch
23rd March 2012, 20:59
::md

I think these are dark horses:
Netherlands ::nl
Macedonia ::mk

I hope you're right xpray

beautiful creature xheart

tbh, I would rather watch him on the stage than some of the performers :confused:
+ he would sound better

xgood

Ingellita
23rd March 2012, 22:03
I really would like too see Lithuania as dark horse :DD :oops:

sapsan
23rd March 2012, 22:17
Spain, Norway and Belgium because it's difficult to forecast how they could be enjoyed really. They could fail or even win both.

dragvision
23rd March 2012, 23:59
::by

RomanFromRussia
26th March 2012, 16:57
::ru because they will score top 2 in the final.

I hope for that:D

CypriotGirl
26th March 2012, 19:34
I can name a few: ::sl ::lv ::mk ::md ::de

Arv
26th March 2012, 19:41
I really would like too see Lithuania as dark horse :DD :oops:
Me too! :)

But I'd say these 3:

::de it's a good song and might score high with both televotes and juries.
::ua could be very good live - something that really get the audience cheering!
::il Either place very good, or go straight out in the SF.

pyryniemi
26th March 2012, 20:37
I think ::il is a quite likely qualifier.
::md will score high in the televoting. Can't see juries destroying its chances to qualify, either.
::lt If it finishes in the televoting top 12 I think it has pretty good chances of qualifying.
::nl simple yet a catchy song :D

CC92
27th March 2012, 18:20
Most probably it will not win but Georgia will do lots better than a couple of fans expect. To a lesser extent the same applies to Bulgaria.

perfavore
28th March 2012, 15:22
i think Turkey, big bang in the final:lol:

Mozz
29th March 2012, 00:17
I would not underestimate ::ee and

si si...

::sm

A.B.
29th March 2012, 14:36
Azerbaijan! I'm sure that it will score a top 5 placing even though it is kind of underrated. "When the music dies" is really a great number.

Centrix
29th March 2012, 21:38
I say Azerbaijan, too.

xDEWx
30th March 2012, 19:00
definitely::hu

u will be slayed by their performancexbow

gustav
30th March 2012, 22:49
Look, it's Valentina (in a sexy négligée!) on a dark horse! :shock:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9881/valentinaondarkhorse2.png

CypriotGirl
30th March 2012, 22:50
I think ::ro can be the dark horse this year, it can come from nowhere and win!

r3gg13
30th March 2012, 22:53
I think ::ro can be the dark horse this year, it can come from nowhere and win!

I want to agree with this :D

Centrix
31st March 2012, 00:17
For me Romania is not a dark horse, it is a favorite. I can see any place from top 5 from us. The most posible is 2nd place since the economical crisis still is in Europe. Sweden can have the biggest plus here. 3rd I can see coming Azerbaijan. A dark horse can be Austria, too.

gustav
31st March 2012, 16:10
you cleary don't know the definition of a dark horse, Centrix

Sim
31st March 2012, 16:15
For me Romania is not a dark horse, it is a favorite. I can see any place from top 5 from us. The most posible is 2nd place since the economical crisis still is in Europe. Sweden can have the biggest plus here. 3rd I can see coming Azerbaijan. A dark horse can be Austria, too.

the most possible is 2nd place since the economical crisis still is in Europe...
what does this mean

CypriotGirl
31st March 2012, 17:08

It is not a top favorite, at least not yet. I don't see it very high in many fan polls and in betting odds. But this song has something that can appeal to whole Europe and finally win from nowhere. I mean, everybody expects Romania to do well, probably top 5, but I don't think it's the biggest favorite to win. This is what a dark horse is.

Finally, I think this year all songs are dark horses except Sweden! :lol:

Centrix
31st March 2012, 19:19
the most possible is 2nd place since the economical crisis still is in Europe...
what does this mean

That the winner will not be a more or less poor country, I guess that will be a country which can host a honorable show in 2013. And this can be Sweden or UK or France.

KaptenFisk
31st March 2012, 20:11
Totally going for::at as the dark horse xbutt

gustav
31st March 2012, 20:18
That the winner will not be a more or less poor country, I guess that will be a country which can host a honorable show in 2013. And this can be Sweden or UK or France.

:? Do you really think the audience will have this in mind when voting?

Centrix
31st March 2012, 23:41
:? Do you really think the audience will have this in mind when voting?

Do you really forgot about the juries' existence? :?

Nicfedy
1st April 2012, 11:01
dak horse Georgia

CypriotGirl
2nd April 2012, 00:07
Ukraine can be dark horse too.

Ashattack
8th April 2012, 17:36
http://www.escforums.com/images/smilies/Slovakia.png I think is a dark horse as there is a lack of rock songs this year and there is defiantly a rock vote to be had and i think this will go down well also it is catchy and will please fans of 30 seconds to mars and other such bands...

Sabrewulf238
8th April 2012, 22:44
Yeah, I'd agree Slovakia with a strong live performance could do much better than people expect.

A.B.
9th April 2012, 10:07
Georgia ;)

Narmina
9th April 2012, 10:15
Georgia ;)

totally agree! This song will reach the final definitly

xitee
9th April 2012, 13:09
First semi: Iceland, Israel, Belgium
Second semi: Slovakia, Turkey

mono
9th April 2012, 13:42
totally agree! This song will reach the final definitly

god no! if that happens then its the end os ESC!

Marie Jane
9th April 2012, 16:24
Georgia in the final? I can't see that happening.

as78
14th April 2012, 19:08
::pt or ::ee. I hope.
::at also possible, but I think juries don't rate it high.

Narmina
14th April 2012, 20:29
god no! if that happens then its the end os ESC!

then prepare for the end :mrgreen:

GRE
14th April 2012, 20:35
then prepare for the end :mrgreen:
Well if Georgia had a better draw,then yes maybe sure qualifier.
But now is after Sweden,this is too bad for televoting & juries.So,i think that Estonia,Lithuania & Ukraine (from Ex-soviet) have more hopes to qualify.

Dessi
15th April 2012, 02:15
Montenegro, Ukraine

CypriotGirl
16th April 2012, 00:26
My new thought is that ::md will be a dark horse this year! This song is like non-existing for most of people, but I can see Europe loving it and giving it a good place in the final!

Also, ::pt is another song that can make a surprise and take a good place, out of nowhere!

Trece
16th April 2012, 00:32
:o Recently I had the idea that it is ::by Belarus.

daniels1000
16th April 2012, 01:08
::is,::al,::ba,::pt,::ge,::at

katapult
16th April 2012, 01:27
My new thought is that ::md will be a dark horse this year! This song is like non-existing for most of people, but I can see Europe loving it and giving it a good place in the final!

Also, ::pt is another song that can make a surprise and take a good place, out of nowhere!

That would be really cool! 8-)

I like both songs! :) And both are criminally underrated, imo. (Especially Moldova, at the moment.)

alca
19th April 2012, 15:27
:o Recently I had the idea that it is ::by Belarus.
Yeah but only if they had kept the original version.

Asiye
19th April 2012, 17:19
Hmm... Maybe ::at ::md ::uk Especially Moldova will do better than expected imo.

wittgenstein
19th April 2012, 23:27
::nl The Netherlands for sure

issorus71
20th April 2012, 16:16
Romania

FilipFromSweden
20th April 2012, 19:49
The darkhorse this year is ::fi i think.

alca
20th May 2012, 19:13
Spain! Guys after Pastora's first rehearsal I've seen SO MANY positive comments from people who didn't care about it at all! For some maybe Spain was a favourite but I think she will impress a lot of people and finally they will vote for Spain and give them the spot they deserve!

RomanFromRussia
20th May 2012, 19:17
::ge ::mk

Trece
20th May 2012, 19:18
::ua

r3gg13
20th May 2012, 20:30
Israel, Finland and Georgia my friends :)

I would also say Macedonia, but there's already a favorite of some people.

LakZaNokte
20th May 2012, 20:37
Israel, Finland and Georgia my friends :)

I would also say Macedonia, but there's already a favorite of some people.
Israel is in my top 10 from the beginning xshrug

Georgia option is scary. not impossible at all. but scary. very scary :shock:

lowyby
20th May 2012, 21:01
::be::nl::ge

Arv
20th May 2012, 21:18
::ua

Agreed.

Grinch
20th May 2012, 22:45
Germany, definitely! Never underestimate the "nice song, good voice, cute guy" combination in ESC.

r3gg13
20th May 2012, 22:50
Germany, definitely! Never underestimate the "nice song, good voice, cute guy" combination in ESC.

Totes agreed. IMO, he's top 10 material. The worst he could do is 15th place.

Mozz
20th May 2012, 22:58
After watching the rehearsals I must say......Ukraine has a shot at the top 10.

daniels1000
21st May 2012, 00:42
ok,after all rehearsals I have to say some of it ( in order )

1. ::az
2. ::de
3. ::ge
4. ::ua
5. ::mk

EvNickGR
21st May 2012, 00:50
Spain, Azerbaijan and Ukraine.

MyHeartIsYours
21st May 2012, 04:41
United Kingdom! ;)

aletem
21st May 2012, 05:12
United Kingdom! ;)
Could be! :)

MyHeartIsYours
21st May 2012, 05:26
I hope and pray! :lol:

Haustor
21st May 2012, 07:06
If I think that Sweden and/or Italy is going to win then I could consider Denmark, Azerbaijan and even Spain as dark horses.
Personally UK is probably the worst of ballads and I would not be surprised if it finishes 26th in the final (unless it gets some mercy votes).
I was very disappointed with France after two rehearsals so I downgraded them and do not think rest of the countries can be considered as favorites as they can not win televoting or jury vote.

Vague
21st May 2012, 08:52
::al and ::de

FilipFromSweden
21st May 2012, 09:23
It has to be ::bg or ::fi

Sabrewulf238
21st May 2012, 17:36
I do still feel that Slovakia could slip through into the final. Not enough people are giving it credit.

Vague
23rd May 2012, 11:57
after the semi final performance.. Albania !

rajo
23rd May 2012, 12:14
::it::trxheart

eerik
23rd May 2012, 13:34
::it::trxheart

How can Italy be a dark horse when they are one of the favorites to win?

Mozz
23rd May 2012, 13:36
I agree....it's a bit weird to see songs that are widely expected to be in the top 10 to be called "dark horse" by some people. A "dark horse" is a candidate that only few people expect to do well.

A-lister
23rd May 2012, 20:32
Netherlands (I hope) can be a dark-horse. Maybe not for victory, but atleast for a somewhat good position.

ayzelto
24th May 2012, 00:35
IRELAND
maybe GEORGIA will get a place in the final

Matt
24th May 2012, 00:37
There were no main surprises yesterday so at this point I don't see any possible dark horses yet but let's wait for Semi 2 as that is the Semi that is less predictable IMO.

dezbee2008
24th May 2012, 02:11
So far it's Albania and Hungary. Maybe also Georgia, Croatia, and Slovakia

CypriotGirl
24th May 2012, 11:03
::md was a dark horse too I think

GermanBango
24th May 2012, 11:56
::al

Terence
24th May 2012, 12:16
::md is a dark horse! With that draw, it is surely a top 10 hit, no?

Joyride
24th May 2012, 14:58
Georgia

daniels1000
25th May 2012, 00:38
::lt and ::mt from Semifinal 2 ( so far , we will se in the final , but actually Malta can do it well - some 15th place or something )

Tinchey
25th May 2012, 00:40
After seeing all the preformances I can say ::al ::mk ::hu are dark horses. :)

LakZaNokte
25th May 2012, 00:47
I'm going with ::ba

Vague
25th May 2012, 09:49
::de

GRE
25th May 2012, 13:44
After watching both semis,
Greece is definetelly the drak horse of this year...!

Mozz
25th May 2012, 15:53
::al is my new second dark horse, my first one remains ::ee

dezbee2008
25th May 2012, 17:22
The dark horses for me were ::hu, ::mt, probably ::md, and ::mk

une
25th May 2012, 17:50
Azerbaijan

cassio
25th May 2012, 18:02
::es

katapult
25th May 2012, 18:16
::tr !

dishyy
25th May 2012, 22:03
albania and england

RainyWoods
27th May 2012, 04:39
I was right about Albania being this years dark horse:p It's absolutely wonderful that Rona's bravery has been rewarded. And a dark horse she truly was. At the beginning it was pure hatred towards her by many. Her youtube videos with more dislikes than likes. The vast majority of people attacked the song. I feel soo, soo happy for Rona. Wished id placed a bet on Rona reaching top 5 as I always believed she would. Id be quite rich right now:mad:

Marie Jane
27th May 2012, 04:55
::ee

I was right. :D

Kryptonite
27th May 2012, 11:01
IMO, the biggest dark horse was Albania.

Estonia surprised as well, but not nearly as much as Albania. :p

wittgenstein
27th May 2012, 11:04
i was right about albania! but

Jukica
27th May 2012, 11:20
So, the dark horses were Estonia and Albania, I guess? :D

CypriotGirl
27th May 2012, 11:32
So, the dark horses were Estonia and Albania, I guess? :D

::md & ::az too, they did very bad in polls and ranking games, but they scored well. ::az 4th and ::md 11th!

Adeline
27th May 2012, 11:43
Moldava and Azerbaijan indeed. They did very bad in polls, but did excellent in the final.

And I was right about Albania, although I have to say I'd never expected a fifth place!

Mozz
27th May 2012, 12:55
I'm superproud and glad to see that my 2 dark horses have ended firmly in the top 10:

::ee (at 6) and especially ::al (at 5). To use another word: I'm exuberant :p.

Nice to see Moldova and Azerbaijan doing so well too.

CypriotGirl
27th May 2012, 13:04
I'm superproud and glad to see that my 2 dark horses have ended firmly in the top 10:

::ee (at 6) and especially ::al (at 5). To use another word: I'm exuberant :p.

Nice to see Moldova and Azerbaijan doing so well too.

What about ::sm not finishing last? :lol:

Mozz
27th May 2012, 13:27
What about ::sm not finishing last? :lol:

Ow, that too!! Did you already see that SM received 1 * 10 points? Who says that there's no room for quality music in Eurovision? :D

Stella
27th May 2012, 14:46
it was albania by far imo

GRE
2nd April 2013, 10:12
What's so special about it?

******** reasoning. "Exceptional artistic quality". The Hell kind of gauge for how good an Eurovision entry is is that?

I meant in general, not just in Eurovision. You claim it's "timeless" and not "dated".

The Hell. "Personal" = "Brave". Yeah, whatever.

More ********.

"Many" is a weasel word. How many? 100? 50? 25? 5? And who cares? For every 100 people who love it, there'll probably be thousands who don't.

Because she's so "brave", the song is so "personal" and there's such "exceptional artistic quality"? Do you even know what the lyrics say or are you just basing that on the way she sings?

It can never be a dark horse because the televoters will snub it entirely. A song has to have at least nominal support by both "camps" in order to do well. I'm thinking it won't even make the final. It's too "brave" for it.

Good morning FallenAngel..! :rolleyes:

Celia
2nd April 2013, 10:56
I'd say ::al , ::mk , and ::md

CC92
2nd April 2013, 14:11
::al and ::de.

ParadiseES
3rd April 2013, 00:34
Albania and, especially, Moldova. Didn't see that coming at all. And still don't understand what people saw in that song :?