PDA

View Full Version : The Overrated Entries Thread

Salmon
19th March 2012, 15:09
For me, the most overrated entries are ::se and ::gr. Yours? Discuss. :twisted:

A-lister
19th March 2012, 15:15
Huh? Couldn't you just call it "the overrated entries" thread?

Marie Jane
19th March 2012, 15:29
For me, ::ru

RomanFromRussia
19th March 2012, 15:31
::rs

CypriotGirl
19th March 2012, 15:42
::gr is hated by most people. How can it be overrated? :?

::se is not overrated, it's perfect and the winner of ESC 2012 (mark my words)!

Hegepege
19th March 2012, 15:52
Personally I don't like partypop like Greece or Cyprus or cheap tehno like Sweden and Norway. But, music is a very individual experience. While I prefer a real band performing their own music, Hungary or Denmark, for instance, I have no problem seeing that most people disagree with me. It would be a much more interesting discussion about underrated entries this year, like Montenegro and Turkey.

FallenAngelII
19th March 2012, 16:06
Personally I don't like partypop like Greece or Cyprus or cheap tehno like Sweden and Norway.
Neither Sweden or Norway have techno songs.

ESCjunkie
19th March 2012, 16:56
::se and ::no are the most overrated songs this year i.m.o. Hope they will both not make the final :)

ParadiseES
19th March 2012, 16:59
Add ::dk ::de and ::ro to the list

EvNickGR
19th March 2012, 17:18
How Greece and Sweden are overrated? Sweden is a top favorite and top charted...and Greece is not overrated at all...! ???

For me overrated songs are France, Germany and Switzerland..

Nike
19th March 2012, 17:49
How Greece and Sweden are overrated? Sweden is a top favorite and top charted...and Greece is not overrated at all...! ???

For me overrated songs are France, Germany and Switzerland..

I agree! IMO Greece is UNDERRATED!

Overrated songs for me are Denmark, UK, Italy...

And what's wrong with the thread starter? Jealous of Sweden of what? Get a life! :mad:

Venage
19th March 2012, 17:54
Sweden and Denmark are totally overrated. The songs are good, but I hate this sort of hype where everyone goes crazy and thinks that country X or country Y will win 100%. Therefore I will definitely not vote for them. Don't believe the hype.

QwaarJet
19th March 2012, 18:00
Germany, Norway, Russia and Slovenia come to mind.

Alexu
19th March 2012, 18:07
each year when there is a song liked by the majority it is called "overrated"... I think Sweden really stands out this year...that's why is being loved by the majority, is just our personal taste versus the majority's taste. :)*

stephanos13
19th March 2012, 18:41
Sweden is a wonderful song but is a bit overrated song just like Ireland , Russia , United Kingdom (as always):lol:

Cooler
19th March 2012, 18:49
::se is the most overrated song this year. :? It's not as nearly cool as some other songs, yet 99% of people have an orgasm while listening to it.

Trece
19th March 2012, 20:37
Cooler, very sorry that you are not experiencing an (QUOTE)"orgasm".:(:mrgreen:
If you just do not like it, why just hung with? I now do not like the UK, Germany, Norway, but I do not think their songs are too high.
And the biggest example of Michael Jackson. The life of me, I always considered him a mediocre performer and did not understand what all the foaming at the mouth of him squeak. But for someone's favorite singer.
If viewed as overrated real song of Eurovision Song Contest is Russia. It was only the charm of the perpetrators, but not the winning song because this song is confirmed by any composer, ten graded, far-fetched and fitted under the charm-grandmothers.

Salmon
19th March 2012, 20:37
@all those people who asked me about the Thread title: I've chosen that one because I predicted that the first reply would be 'Sweden!' Well, it surely might be confusing.

Trece
19th March 2012, 20:42
In general topic of provocation by fans of all countries, whether in Sweden, Spain, Norway or another. And in the end as Bud is a topic antiSweden! It should be removed

dezbee2008
19th March 2012, 20:58
Spain, Serbia, Slovenia, Iceland (before the language change), Belarus (before the version change), Denmark, Albania, Germany, and especially Lithuania are overrated for me.

Sweden? Not overrated.

Matt
19th March 2012, 21:06
I hate the "overrated" discussions. It's a word I stay away from as far as possible. It's obviously not an objective opinion.

It's a word which recently has been used liberally as a way of discrediting something without having to give a proper justification, most often when someone finds they have a disliking for a popular phenomenom/song and is resentful of those who embrace it. Often used by anti-trendies

So everything that is performing well and enjoys a positive approval rating is automatically overrated.

Trece
19th March 2012, 21:13
Matt I wrote to Alex with a request to remove a theme, because this issue does not make sense, but to abuse between fans and antifans

Matt
19th March 2012, 21:37
Matt I wrote to Alex with a request to remove a theme, because this issue does not make sense, but to abuse between fans and antifans

I'm sorry, what theme are you referring to?

Trece
19th March 2012, 22:15
Matt I mean this theme. More than a feud, it will not

AlekS
19th March 2012, 22:48
Nah, let people lay cra... I mean speak their mind :)
Personally I prefer to concentrate on something positive ie. my faves.

Also overrated doesn't neccessary mean a bad thing. Any entry with big support is automatically overrated. For someone it sucks, for someone it rocks, in the end it's banal "noez, mah entry is better 8-)" fuss :lol:

Cooler
19th March 2012, 23:10
Cooler, very sorry that you are not experiencing an (QUOTE)"orgasm".:(:mrgreen:
If you just do not like it, why just hung with? I now do not like the UK, Germany, Norway, but I do not think their songs are too high.I didn't say I didn't like it, where did you read that? In fact, it's #16 in my ranking, however I do think it's overrated, it's not something that amazing, in my opinion, and furthermore, we're supposed to say our opinions, that's the main aim of every forum, isn't it?

AlekS
19th March 2012, 23:14
speaking of :lol: Sweden, Russia & Serbia have a lot of fans (we'll see how it goes in May).

Sabiondo
19th March 2012, 23:32
The last year, Eric Saade was verry bashed here in the forum by beining overrated, but at the end he was laughed at all his bahers ;)

Sean
19th March 2012, 23:41
I like Sweden but I'm getting tired of the raging fanboys saying its definitely going to be Stockholm 2013. I hope they don't go overboard (I grew to properly hate the French love-in last year) because Sweden is in my Top 10 :P

Russia only got that much attention because of the artist, same with the UK to an extent.

Trece
19th March 2012, 23:56
Sean I have already answered your question

And by the way, we are not confident of victory, we just really want this, as real fans! We are very afraid of competition from a number of countries, but on every corner does not pour their filth

No Name
20th March 2012, 00:39
::se (An ok song which is for me ruined by the fanboy's premature teenage-hype and their speculations over which Swedish city should host ESC 2013, not to mention the daily hype in the chatbox)

::it (just not really worth the credit given)

Yamarus
20th March 2012, 01:41
Sweden quite evidently, although I support Loreen thoroughly.

Canuck
20th March 2012, 06:21
Meh, I don't see the hype around much of Hungary, although, like Matt, I dislike the word overrated. Many people find the Hungarian entry great, but listening to it live, I've lost a lot of interest :/

LadyKiller
20th March 2012, 09:26
Sweden

Haustor
20th March 2012, 14:07
Sweden is hyped as its good song with good staging and performance but it does not make it overrated as that hype is well deserved.
Greece on other hand was talked as of crappy song by mediocre X-factor singer and then when she spent half her performance showing her underwear she become the best singer and "sure Top 5 and maybe even winner". Truth is Greece song is not better than Cyprus song and yet many people think that Cyprus will not even qualify to final and Miss Underpants is one of the year's best.

EvNickGR
20th March 2012, 14:40
Sweden is hyped as its good song with good staging and performance but it does not make it overrated as that hype is well deserved.
Greece on other hand was talked as of crappy song by mediocre X-factor singer and then when she spent half her performance showing her underwear she become the best singer and "sure Top 5 and maybe even winner". Truth is Greece song is not better than Cyprus song and yet many people think that Cyprus will not even qualify to final and Miss Underpants is one of the year's best.

Are you blind? Who said that Greece will win, or be top 5? Eleftheria has a nice voice, so you can judge the song and not her underwear...and yes, Cyprus song is better!

RainyWoods
20th March 2012, 16:19
Are we talking overrated in a sense that the song won't do as well as people think or overrated in terms of your own personal taste?

I think Serbia won't do as well as expected as the song is just ok with nothing special about it. In the betting odds I think Denmark are overrated for similar reasons.

In terms of my own personal taste I find Spains entry to be extremely overrated as it's a very bog standard ballad ive heard a million times before. I like Swedens song after I gave it a chance but I don't understand the orgasms alot are having over it:lol: I do think it will win though probably although it won't be a runaway victory.

Simon87
20th March 2012, 16:20
Russia of course

Tinchey
20th March 2012, 17:31
::se & ::rs

Grinch
20th March 2012, 18:44
::se ::se ::se !!!

::es ::gr ::ru

::se is the most overrated song this year. :? It's not as nearly cool as some other songs, yet 99% of people have an orgasm while listening to it.

Really? I thought you'd love that song :o

wittgenstein
20th March 2012, 21:45
iceland and serbia.

arne1990
20th March 2012, 21:51
most overrated:
1. ::dk Denmark
2. ::ua Ukrain
3. ::ru Russia

katapult
20th March 2012, 22:09
iceland and serbia.

I've got a feeling, you might be even right at the end...:shock:

Btw, what do you think about...f.e. Norway's entry? I would be really interested.

aletem
20th March 2012, 22:58
::se (An ok song which is for me ruined by the fanboy's premature teenage-hype and their speculations over which Swedish city should host ESC 2013, not to mention the daily hype in the chatbox)

::it (just not really worth the credit given)
Couldn't agree more. Though from those two, I like and prefer Sweden. I just don't get the hype for it. I know she is a great artist and she lifts the song to another level, but cmon...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx1ws7xG1J1qjqbuz.gif

The thing that bothers me the most is that many people claim that the Swedish song is one of the best in the world (like a top10 or top15). :shock: :lol: And if that is the case, than "Hero" and "Popular" should be top3 in the world. :lol:

dragvision
20th March 2012, 23:49
::dk::il::es::ua

JensJohan
21st March 2012, 00:15
What does it mean that a song is overrated anyway? I suppose it means that a song's perceived chance of winning is far greater than what the chances actually are. It doesn't mean that it is a bad song. If you consider the betting companies predictions and all the fanboys, the Sweden ought to be overrated, even it might well win. After all, there are so many good song out there and to win you need more than just a good song, but also some luck and timing.

Even more overrated is Iceland, in my opinion. It is a wonderful song and I would be glad to see it win. However, I believe that all the voters who don't care as much for ESC as much as we do, won't have the time to understand it's beauty, when being overwhelmed by so many other entries.

Marie Jane
21st March 2012, 02:47
::it

Per Sempre was far better than this. I really don't see anything special here... just a common, boring and forgettable song.

ayzelto
21st March 2012, 02:50
::sl::is

Filip
21st March 2012, 12:19
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Flag_of_Serbia.svg/800px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png
(Serbia)

CypriotGirl
22nd March 2012, 12:12
::il all the way... I just don't get how it has so many 12 points in the poll! :o

::rs also, although I like it, I wonder how would people view it if it wasn't Zeliko! The song is nice, but nothing original. It is like I heard it 10000000 times!

Yamarus
22nd March 2012, 12:27
Yeah I forgot about Serbia...

Paul89
22nd March 2012, 14:10
::se

Never got the big hype. It's a cool song, and a cool artist. But it's not as outstanding and amazing as it seems on the polls.

xDEWx
22nd March 2012, 14:36
sweden. i like that song but it's not better than 'hero' or 'la voix' & especially 'popular'.

it will underperform & you will deal.

Jopi
22nd March 2012, 14:38
For me SWEDEN,RUSSIA,Ukraine,Uk,Italy,Serbia.

Miguel
23rd March 2012, 01:08
The "overrated" issue is something negative. It's when you give value for something which is not that great. It doesn't mean it's bad, though.

I can count 4 entries this year:

Iceland
Serbia
Sweden
Cyprus

None of them deserve to win. Russia is a different case, since people are only saying it's funny not good. And let's see if Turkey becomes overrated too in the near future. That's all. :)

DoctorX
24th March 2012, 01:36
::cy, ::rs, ::es, ::is and ::se a bit

as78
24th March 2012, 20:07
::se - not bad, but i don't understand why so many like it, it's hard to listen more than one time
::dk - nice song, but there are many others better

A-lister
24th March 2012, 21:20
::de, ::es , ::is, ::it, ::sl , ::rs , ::gr, ::ie, ::by, ::tr, ::hu, ::dk

mono
24th March 2012, 21:24
::gr::hr::bg::mk

EurovisionSmile
24th March 2012, 23:00
Russia and Spain are too overrated. I would bet Spain won't be in the final top 10 (it's not a song that I don't like, I think it's average and I hope they won't be in the bottom places either). I wouldn't say the same about Russia, though. We all know they will reach a much higher result than they really desearve, whatever place they reach.

Trece
24th March 2012, 23:27
I do not understand the hype around Spain. In 2011 and in 2009 the songs were much better.

A-lister
25th March 2012, 00:55
I do not understand the hype around Spain. In 2011 and in 2009 the songs were much better.

I completely agree! I find the song quite generic and actually bland. Spain 2011 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spain 2012

imo

Trece
25th March 2012, 01:00
Spain on my 11th place just because it is Spain, and I have special feelings for her.

Tristran
25th March 2012, 18:55
::al::at::ba::hr::it::ru::rs

razi
25th March 2012, 19:07
what kind of criteria is that? you vote Spain only because you are fond of the country?

Adeline
25th March 2012, 19:58
No offence to any entry, but I think these are quite overrated:

::dk::cy::no::hr

I have the feeling that either Cyprus or Norway will fail this year (stick in the semi or go to the final and end up low). Cyprus might be the Estonia 2011 of this year and Norway is just a copy of Eric Saade: I wonder if this same formula will work again, especially since they are in the stronger semi.
I have the feeling that Denmark will not score as high as everybody thinks. I'm pretty sure they will go to the final since their semi is quite weak, but a potential winner? I don't think so.
It's just my personal view of course, but I don't get why many people think Croatia will go through. The song is quite good, but not very catchy in comparison with other ballads and their draw is very bad. I really do think this has a big chance of staying in the semi-final.

Celia
26th March 2012, 21:36
::tr ::ua ::gr ::ru

The Turkish song is not bad but his singing and his moves are way too weird.
Ukraine has sent one of their worst entries ever. It sounds better for a football match (bring Alyosha back xheart )
The Greek song is just a weaker copy of former entries, as I've read somewhere else.
And Russia...grannies are lovely <3 but the song is awful! I hope it doesn't qualify, because other countries wouldn't.

Imo, of course ;)

I'm really surprised to read your thoughts on Spain 2011 :shock: because Lucia was very nice and did her best, but the song was terrible! Many were angry with that choice here.
Tastes are tastes , I can see :p

nekoisneko
27th March 2012, 18:10
Absolutely SWEDEN, SPAIN, and SERBIA (3 S)

Trece
27th March 2012, 18:13
Celia Last year, Spain was in my top 3. I really liked both Lucia and song. And the performance was a bright, positive, cheerful, good!

papillon
27th March 2012, 19:30
i think sweden is overrated. dont get me wrong its a great song, but i think the hype surrounding it is a bit too much.

FilipFromSweden
27th March 2012, 19:36
This year (2012) is the 3 most overrated songs:

::ru -Russia - I mean , its nr 2 in all betting odds? What the hell?! If it wins i will never watch eurovision again.
::rs - Serbia - There is a song like this , every year.. i think last year it was Bosnia and Hercegovina
::dk - Denmark - It's ok i guess , but it is overrated. It is a bit boring.

The one who says ::se is overrated , is going to DIE! :mad:xrollinglol

Narcisse
27th March 2012, 19:42
This year (2012) is the 3 most overrated songs:

::ru -Russia - I mean , its nr 2 in all betting odds? What the hell?! If it wins i will never watch eurovision again.
::rs - Serbia - There is a song like this , every year.. i think last year it was Bosnia and Hercegovina
::dk - Denmark - It's ok i guess , but it is overrated. It is a bit boring.

The one who says ::se is overrated , is going to DIE! :mad:xrollinglol

Well; kill me then ;)

FilipFromSweden
27th March 2012, 19:47
Other years is top 3 overrated:

2011 -

::gr - Greece - it sounds terrible , bad mix!
::it - Italy - it is boring and it took swedens 2nd place! Dough , its all because of the jury who always has bad taste xhand
::az - Azerbaijan - why did this win? it deserved like 7th place. They won because the rain of fire.

2010 -

::ru - Russia - Russia always sends crappy songs and get in a top 10. Because of the neighbourvoting. This should not even had qualified
::tr - Turkey - I know why this was nr 2. Because of the robot. Europe is so easy to trick.. xbar
::ad - Romania - This is not so bad but i would never have thought this was going to be top 3.

2009 -

No overrated songs! Only ::ru but the whole year was fantastic! xthank

2008 -

::ua - Ukraine - Can you copy Sweden a bit more?
::tr - Turkey - I don't even know what this song is about. Is there a cirkus in the background?
::ru - Russia - WORST .. WINNER .. EVER

FilipFromSweden
27th March 2012, 19:50
Well; kill me then ;)
xpoke

aletem
27th March 2012, 19:54
Italy wasn't overrated last year. It was very underrated by the fans. I was happy that they did so well! :lol: Though, at the same time I didn't like the fact that the juries exaggerated the result and gave them so many points.

Narcisse
27th March 2012, 19:55
xpoke

It was just to tease you ; ) This year Sweden's entry is awsome ! But still, there is clearly an overrating effect. I mean; it's from far not "the best esc song ever".

gazzerl67
27th March 2012, 21:36
I completely agree! I find the song quite generic and actually bland. Spain 2011 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spain 2012

imo

In complete agreement - I think people are letting a name - and their expectations - fool them when there's not much to the song at all (she can sing though but even manage to overdo the vocal athletics)

Celia
28th March 2012, 18:26
Celia Last year, Spain was in my top 3. I really liked both Lucia and song. And the performance was a bright, positive, cheerful, good!

Well, it's nice to read this. I don't think she deserved to end up 23rd either :(

Quent91
30th March 2012, 15:39
I think ::sm is overrated :evil:

Franco
30th March 2012, 17:45
::it - Italy - it is boring and it took swedens 2nd place! Dough , its all because of the jury who always has bad taste xhand

Why so much hassle for one tiny step? It just slipped from 2nd to 3rd place. Sweden was not going to win anyway.

Miguel
30th March 2012, 18:28
I think ::sm is overrated :evil:

Just by some some people on the internet. I'm absolutely positive it will fail.

angelanni
31st March 2012, 10:54
Sweden is definitely too overrated. It's not even that great and there are so many other songs what deserve attention as well so I really don't understand all the fuss over this song.

dezbee2008
31st March 2012, 18:00

Exactly!! I absolutely love the 2011 and 2009 entries, but the 2012 entry is just average. Have you noticed many tops (including mine) got dislikes on YouTube because Spain wasn't in the top 10?

Same goes for Serbia and Slovenia, and to a certain extent, Denmark and Cyprus. Lithuania is just heading towards that direction.

nekoisneko
31st March 2012, 18:01
Sweden is definitely too overrated. It's not even that great and there are so many other songs what deserve attention as well so I really don't understand all the fuss over this song.

indeed, too overrated.
the song sounds just like club song.

pholiko
31st March 2012, 18:24
Other years is top 3 overrated:

2008 -

::ua - Ukraine - Can you copy Sweden a bit more? 1.
::tr - Turkey - I don't even know what this song is about. Is there a cirkus in the background? 2.
::ru - Russia - WORST .. WINNER .. EVER 3.

1. LOL. I really have to laugh when I read posts like yours above. MUHA. WHAT the hell do you think of Sweden? That they are the only ones who can produce proper English songs? What makes that song Swedish? You can call that not innovative, but hell. :D I really HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE it when people say "gnaaaaarrrrr why is your song not in your own language" but there are NEVER Swedish entries that are sung in swedish. Why the hell?!

2. Yea, you were supposed not to know what the song is about because it was Turkish (and I admit that you have no Turkish skills) ;) And by far, that song was definately NOT overrated in any forum or in the betting-thing, it was NEVER a possible winner of the contest. Therefore it got the 8th place or something like that.

3. First time I agree with you. ;-)

B2T:

::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se:: se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se ::se::se::se -.-

Nicfedy
1st April 2012, 11:03
over rated Germany

Sabrewulf238
8th April 2012, 16:19
Let's see overrated countries.

::gr Greece - This one is terribly annoying, probably one of the blandest samey "whatever" tracks in this years Eurovision. I might outright hate songs like Montenegro and Georgia...but at least I haven't heard songs that sound like them before. The bottom line? She's singing about the sweet loving she is going to apply to her man. (or a man, or multiple men, or maybe another women, who knows?) Sexy time Sexy time, yeah yeah play a different record will you?

::rs ::de Serbia & Germany - Both of these songs do so little for me I figured I'd just clump them into the one section. I really can't see what about these songs is so appealing, I've listened to them a good few times now and I can't remember how either of them go.

::ru Russia - I do like the singing grannies but even still I think they are overrated. However singing grannies will always end up being overhyped won't they?

::ro Romania - Romanian dance doesn't normally do much for me to begin with. I don't think the song is awful really....it just doesn't do much for me either. It's another overhyped song.

Also, even though I do really enjoy the song. The hype for Sweden is a bit much and could definitely be seen as overhyped. Personally I much prefer My Heart is Refusing Me.

Mozz
8th April 2012, 18:04
I agree with most others.

::se I can rationally understand the hype. But the specific electro beats used are sooo cliché and predictable; there's a plethora of beats that can be chosen (example: the French entry is way more creatively produced) but the Swedes really had to use these ones. A lot of the hype is to be attributed to the mystic appearance of Loreen and the dance moves a la Kate Bush. But the song itself? :?
::ru No explanation needed. The grannies are pretending to sing but almost every note is off.
::gr Same old, same old. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

daniels1000
8th April 2012, 19:38
::ru RUSSIA - no comment that this song is so stupid . 6 grannies sing PARTY for everybody . -.-
::uk UNITED KINGDOM - for me it is too overrated because it is nothing special, it isn't emotional at all.
::ua UKRAINE - cheering trash.It will be overrated in final ranking.stupid lyrics.
::ch SWITZERLAND - bad pronunciation.nothing special.

::rs SERBIA - Although I like this song i think it will be overrated(second or third place).

Trece
8th April 2012, 19:42
::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se:: se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se ::se::se::se

Oh, how beautiful! :mrgreen:

EurovisionSmile
8th April 2012, 20:39
In my opinion RUSSIA, GREECE and SPAIN are overrated.

::ruRUSSIA - The grannies don't even really sing.

::grGREECE - I'm not a hater of typical Greek songs. I actually usually like them. But this one is simply dreadful!
::esSPAIN - I like this song, but can't really understand all the hype about this. In my opinion it's even far from being the best ballad or something. Anyway, it's the only decent song from the 3 of them.

Trece
8th April 2012, 20:50
::esSPAIN - I like this song, but can't really understand all the hype about this. In my opinion it's even far from being the best ballad or something. Anyway, it's the only decent song from the 3 of them.

I like the song, but I do not like Pastora - both appearance and her voice and pronunciation. Lucia Perez was better in all parameters :mrgreen: (Really)

Asiye
12th April 2012, 09:35
::se !

FilipFromSweden
12th April 2012, 10:41
S
E
R
B
I
A

CypriotGirl
12th April 2012, 23:47
I think Norway is very overrated! Ireland and Russia too, not in forums but mostly in betting odds!

JurianFeygen
13th April 2012, 05:28
I think Norway is very overrated! Ireland and Russia too, not in forums but mostly in betting odds!

*nod* for mother Russia entry, I think EBU must organize Senior Eurovision Song Contest next year. Same happen with Belgium and the Junior Song Contest. :lol:

VasilijeM
13th April 2012, 08:44
Norway ::no - I don't get why so many people like this song. Tooji - Popular vol.2 imo. :)

Romania ::ro - It's catchy and dancy for sure, and I really like Romanian music. Rhythm, music and atmosphere are great, everything else - average (especially lyrics). ;)

issorus71
13th April 2012, 15:48
I don't get it, if 99% of the ppl get an orgasm by listening to this song and it then as a natural effect of all these orgasms gets an estimated high position in the contest?, How can it be overrated? It doesn't matter if it'll end up last in the end, but right now, if 99% likes it,, it surely can't be a overrated assumption to speculate that it gets a high position in the end? can it?

I think Sweden is over-hyped, yes, by fans with too many orgasms, rather then overrated. :)

Miguel
19th May 2012, 23:57
My new updated ranking:

1. Sweden
2. Cyprus
3. Slovenia
4. Ukraine
5. Serbia
6. Russia

Uptempo songs tend to be overrated in this contest. Norway 2012 ain't overrated because isn't actually forgettable like other generic uptempos. Tooji's song is a mix of electropop pop and arabic pop - something quite unique. That's it.

Matt
20th May 2012, 02:33
AFter watching the rehearsals I have to say SWEDEN and CYPRUS. I have a really bad feeling............

Mannone
20th May 2012, 03:55
1. Sweden - We have the capacity (in words of commitment, organization, mentality etc.) to become overrated. But most of all Euphoria is not my favourite song, and in the last five years I've been fond of the winning song. That is my issue. Euphoria doesn't have the right power, the right fluctuations, the right nerve, and the effect is something completely different than euphoria. I will never get it.

2. Norway - Should be bottom 10, is often ranked as top 10.

3. Great Britain - Oh man this is not only boring. It's top notch boring. It gives me a reminder of Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong, anyone?), as if that song were a complete failure. Bottom 5.

4. Serbia - His name is getting voted for, I guess? Slovenia is much better. Spain is much better. This ballad doesn't open. Boring times boring is b-b-b-boring (2x2b = 4b)?!

:twisted:

Simon87
20th May 2012, 13:52
Russia and United Kingdom

rajo
20th May 2012, 14:35
Overrated in my opinion:

Iceland
The lyrics in English are really "reductive", but what concerns me more, is that Jónsi - again - can't sing live.

Norway
Tooji is really a nice person, but I am afraid his song is bad ripoff of Popular

United Kingdom
I have no words for this. Just pathetic. Selling big names for poor songs.

Spain
This song won't make an impression since it is Spain we are talking about. As Azerbaijan this would be a winner.

Serbia
This is an annoying lamento song. When you don't want to live anymore, so why sing about it? I go for Croatia and Slovenia this year.

Germany
The #8 in the OGAE poll can be happy if it finishes #18. This is a very forgettable song.

Greece
Generic and boring. No emotion, no authenticity, no nothing. It doesn't deserve the final!

Azerbaijan
Just another random ballad.

daniels1000
21st May 2012, 00:44
::no , ::no , ::no , ::no and just ::no.

Ok, and ::ru also , and know that in final ranking ::gr will be also

Vague
21st May 2012, 08:59
::es , ::sl

and ::sm (3pts from OGAE RoW is overrated :mrgreen:)

Andalublue
21st May 2012, 11:42
On this site I think Iceland is waaay over-rated. It's very average, quite boring and I don't get why so many people think it's so good, unless they are being swayed by their bloc-voting instincts. Cool video though.

I also think Serbia is over-rated. Mannone says that people might be voting for his name, but I've never heard of him. Is he an international superstar that has passed me by?

Edit: Okay, just looked him up. Second in 2004. I found the YT clip and remembered the song and how shocked I was at how such a dull dirge made it to second place. Not as shocked as I was by Molitva winning (surely the worst winner in ESC history) but still shocked. I don't think his 2004 performance will win him any votes from non-bloc voters.

Yamarus
21st May 2012, 12:17
Not as shocked as I was by Molitva winning (surely the worst winner in ESC history)

Re-watch the performance. "Molitva" must be one of the most uncontroversial winners of the last decade. There's just no competition.

Andalublue
21st May 2012, 12:40
Re-watch the performance. "Molitva" must be one of the most uncontroversial winners of the last decade. There's just no competition.

Well, of course that's an opinion. It's very difficult to prove 'uncontroversial'. Personally Verka or Kenan Dogulu were both far superior. In fact about 8 songs were better than Molitva.

Scooby
21st May 2012, 13:42
Well, of course that's an opinion. It's very difficult to prove 'uncontroversial'. Personally Verka or Kenan Dogulu were both far superior. In fact about 8 songs were better than Molitva.

I only can say LOOOOOOOOL

Andalublue
21st May 2012, 16:50
I only can say LOOOOOOOOL

I think that the song's failure to achieve any kind of international success following the contest speaks more loudly than your lols.

Molitva chart
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molitva#Charts)

Terence
21st May 2012, 18:13
This year's most overrated entires are ::se and, perhaps, ::fr

daniels1000
25th May 2012, 10:11
::lt

Terence
25th May 2012, 10:32
I doubt Lithuania is overrated. It's very low in fan polls so that makes it underrated, no?

Yamarus
25th May 2012, 11:14
This year's most overrated entires are ::se and, perhaps, ::fr

France is not overrated at all! It's not a great song, but nobody's really challenging that. Last year's French entry was massively overrated though.

rajo
25th May 2012, 11:15
Overrated:

Sweden, Russia, Norway, Iceland, Ireland, Serbia, FYROM and Greece.....

GermanBango
25th May 2012, 12:32
without a doubt, for me it's: ::it

Ewigkeit
25th May 2012, 12:37
::se, ::is, ::it, ::rs, ::no

DominikS
25th May 2012, 12:58
For me it's Serbia - although I quite like it, it's not as good as its hype, and I guess Lithuania since it actually qualified (it's one of the worst songs this year IMO).

Quent91
25th May 2012, 14:01
::tr is overrated just for having passed the semi :?

CypriotGirl
25th May 2012, 14:40
My new list: ::is::no::tr::ru::it

Serbia would be overrated if it wins, but I don't think so. Top 5 would be good for it.

And of course ::lt just for qualifying, but I guess it will be in bottom 5!

Trece
25th May 2012, 14:46
::ru !!! ::al ::tr ::lt ::hu

demonl
25th May 2012, 14:46
sweden...

CypriotGirl
25th May 2012, 14:49
::ru !!! ::al ::tr ::lt ::hu

I agree with ::al too! I don't see it in top 10, though! No way!

wittgenstein
25th May 2012, 14:59
serbia is way overrated. he made some good songs before but this year its just mediocre and klichee. sorry serbia.

dezbee2008
25th May 2012, 17:26
Just for qualifying, ::dk ::is ::al ::rs ::ba ::lt and ::ee

Arv
25th May 2012, 20:01
::ba::ru::rs::uk::de ....

Favourite
25th May 2012, 20:34
::cy ::no !
They're just typical Eurovision songs. Every year we hear the same kind of songs.

Miguel
25th May 2012, 20:58
Updated ranking:

1. Sweden (=)
2. Ukraine (+2)
3. Cyprus (-1)
4. Malta (New)
5. Russia (+1)

EscTurkey
25th May 2012, 21:26
::al ::ba ::mt

Mannone
27th May 2012, 01:52
1. Sweden -

2. Norway - Should be bottom 10, is often ranked as top 10.

3. Great Britain - Oh man this is not only boring. It's top notch boring. It gives me a reminder of [I]Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong, anyone?), as if that song were a complete failure. Bottom 5.

4. Serbia - [I still find it overrated]

I just have to admit I find the norwegian last place very pleasant. Not because it is my neighbour, but because Tooji couldn't sing, and because the oriental dance mix felt so... ingratiating? Yes, ingratiating. Thank you, Europe.

daniels1000
27th May 2012, 02:11
::ru , ::al

Jukica
27th May 2012, 11:23
Estonia for me :/

wittgenstein
27th May 2012, 11:25
azerbaijan for sure. how could this be no 4. i was chocked!

Adeline
27th May 2012, 11:30
Russia (I like the grannies, but 2nd place?? No)
Azerbaijan (I don't dislike the song and the performance was very good, but a 4th place is a bit too much I think)
Ukraine (If it was up to me, this song wouldn't even have been in the final)

CypriotGirl
27th May 2012, 11:39
::ru , ::al

xyeah

Princezaruza
27th May 2012, 12:25
The Grannies are cute but I think they're kinda overrated ::ru (Russia) But don't get me wrong, I can't get their song out of my mind! "Party for everybody dance! Come on and dance!" " :)) But I think 2nd place is just too much but well, the crowd loved them.

Quent91
27th May 2012, 12:35
::az, ::ru, ::tr, ::md, ::no

CypriotGirl
27th May 2012, 13:04
::az, ::ru, ::tr, ::md, ::no

::no overrated? It came last!

Quent91
27th May 2012, 13:25
::no overrated? It came last!

It's overrated just for having passed the semi.

CypriotGirl
27th May 2012, 13:36
^::lt is much more overrated... I don't like ::no entry, but I don't think it didn't deserve qualifying.

Asiye
27th May 2012, 14:23
I don't understand why Lithuania did so well and i will never do. They got 3rd place in semi 2 :shock: And they did better than some favourites in the final. I can't believe it. There were only 3 or 4 songs that i never wanted to listen to after hearding them once. They were Georgia, Albania, Ukraine and Lithuania! Georgia failed already (thanks God!) Albania, Ukraine and Lithuania are very overrated for me. Rona from Albania is a very good artist obviously but the song is painful to me. 5th place just because she screams very good is too high.

Quent91
27th May 2012, 14:40
He got pushed up by the juries, I think.

marjinal
27th May 2012, 14:47
^::lt is much more overrated... I don't like ::no entry, but I don't think it didn't deserve qualifying.

The ::no entry isnt my taste too, but to be objective it deserved to be on the left side of scoreboard. Totally underrated.

Miguel
27th May 2012, 19:20
Final ranking:

1. Sweden
2. Russia
3. Turkey
4. Ukraine
5. Cyprus
6. Bosnia and Herzegovina
7. Malta

I excluded Iceland because I actually think they deserved a better place.

FallenAngelII
27th May 2012, 20:21
He got pushed up by the juries, I think.
How?!

The ::no entry isnt my taste too, but to be objective it deserved to be on the left side of scoreboard. Totally underrated.
He's one of the worst "singers" to ever have competed in Eurovision. He's lucky he even made it to the final.

blein
27th May 2012, 20:29
Lithuania/Turkey/Azebarjan

Metafeller
27th May 2012, 20:43
Serbia is a big suprise to me in top 3. Also Estonia; Getter took 24th place last year. This year 'Kuula' is 6th. Hmm...

Quent91
27th May 2012, 20:55
How?!

Lithuania.

rajo
27th May 2012, 21:22
::al::az::ba::de::mk::rs

Yamarus
27th May 2012, 23:27
Azerbaijan and Serbia.

Trece
27th May 2012, 23:51
Final imo

::ru ::al ::lt ::tr ::ba

Marie Jane
28th May 2012, 04:03
::az ::gr ::ru

aletem
28th May 2012, 08:33
Sweden - in terms of points. We all knew it would win, but 370 for that points is way too much. 260 would have been ok I guess.
Russia - Yes they are cute. 2nd place - too high!
Albania- I honestly didn't get how the juries went for this. She has a great voice, but most of the song was based on silence and extremely high notes. Though it is nice to see a different country in the top5 for a change.
Moldova - 11th? Ok, I don't get it!
Germany - I thought this was too bland and it ended 8th.
Georgia - Should have ended last in the semi!