PDA

View Full Version : Australians

HabaHaba
18th May 2011, 02:03
Hi there, is there any Australians planning or going to Baku next year for the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest? I've never been before and next year will be my first time. I'm really looking forward to it. Please, let me know!!!

Hello Azerbaijan! This is Sydney calling!

asia
18th May 2011, 02:05
Omg, go 2 sleep lol....

HabaHaba
18th May 2011, 02:46
It's 10:46am.....

gemmar
18th May 2011, 06:51
There's a chance that I may be going next year, it would be a dream!

Narmina
18th May 2011, 07:09
You're are welcome here guys! Our countries are so far far away from each other, so it wolud be great to be closer in Baku

thought
18th May 2011, 11:49
I'd be very glad to meet all of you!

Welcome to FIRE LAND!!!

HabaHaba
18th May 2011, 15:03
I hope we can all be friends!!! It's always been a huge dream of mine to go to Eurovision! Each time I watch it live at 5am I get so overwhelmed by the cheering of the crowds and the thought of watching it as it happens... just amazing... can't imagine how I'll feel when I'm actually there!!!

Sean
18th May 2011, 15:06
It's always baffled me why Australians love Eurovision so much :lol:

HabaHaba
18th May 2011, 16:08
Well, I come from a European family who has always watched Eurovision when I was younger. I didn't start following the show until 2005 and ever since I've been obsessed with the show. It's the only music I'd rather listen to than most of the crap that's played on the radio airwaves. Australia has been a big fan of the show since ABBA won the contest. Yes, here it does get criticized for it's outragous costume gimmicks and off key singing and bloc voting - but recently Australia has seen that Eurovision has changed and that it's been growing bigger and bigger with more followers than previous years. They've seen that there is a lot of talent on the show, great quality songs, great choreographed performances and it's been growing bigger here. There are parties with Eurovision fans in Australia and the Final gets viewed on a big screen at one of the clubs here in Sydney. I've introduced a lot of people to Eurovision this weekend that just went passed. It was a Eurovision weekend here in Australia. Semi Final 1 on Friday. Semi Final 2 on Saturday. Final on Sunday. We had Australian commentators go to Eurovision for 2 years now and they love it!!!! Despite the voting sometimes, it's a great show that unites all nations and genders and sexualitys together as one for a few nights. It will always be a huge event in my life and the thought of going to Eurovision for the first time will be a dream come true for me :))))

gemmar
20th May 2011, 19:11
Yeah, exactly, everything on Australian radio just sounds the same these days, and everything is autotuned. Songs on Eurovision and even from European countries in general, are totally different to anything that I'd hear on an Australian radio station, and that's what I love. Azerbaijan, here I come!

JackBauer
21st May 2011, 09:22
If i was Australian i would buy a round the world ticket for 1000/1500 to do Baku Rome Mexico and Shangai:D Do a little trip:p

I won't be coming to Baku only for eurovision.No offense to my Azeris friends tought! It's just that for example Budapest & Lisbon are my favorite cities in the wolrd but if i was in Australia i wouldn't pay 1500 euros for just visiting only one of them for a one night event, i'd rather visit a lot of places!:D

gemmar
21st May 2011, 15:38
Yeah, I might be going to Baku (to see Eurovision obviously), Poland & Spain! :)

HabaHaba
22nd May 2011, 09:11
Yeah, I find it funny how some people in Australia make fun of Eurovision and calling the music horrendous, yet they watch Glee? Something is wrong there...

HabaHaba
22nd May 2011, 09:13
Yes, I was planning on going to Europe for 3 weeks. A few days in Britain. A few days in France. A few days in Sweden. A few days in Poland. A few days in Greece. And then fly down to Azerbaijan for the contest. I've joined the OGAE for Azerbaijan and they're all friendly welcoming people and they're excited to have me come to their country. I can't wait :) You should come!

asia
25th May 2011, 21:15
haba haba if u come to the uk, let me know.... And 2 gemmar, 2012 doda is (thinking) of entering for poland, fingers crossed :p magda was ok but still last in the semi....... :(

asia
25th May 2011, 21:18
lol @ haba, few days in france???? You need a week or more just for paris, i liv
ed in la roche sur yon for a year and......

Narmina
26th May 2011, 08:09
Yes, I was planning on going to Europe for 3 weeks. A few days in Britain. A few days in France. A few days in Sweden. A few days in Poland. A few days in Greece. And then fly down to Azerbaijan for the contest. I've joined the OGAE for Azerbaijan and they're all friendly welcoming people and they're excited to have me come to their country. I can't wait :) You should come!

indeed? you've joined OGAE Azerbaijan?? wooow! that's great! Nice to meet you! We will meet in Baku then ;)

HabaHaba
3rd June 2011, 18:23
I've already been going over my plans for next year. I'll be visiting Belfast, Ireland - go down to Harland and Wolff Shipyards and see where the Titanic was built and then visit the new Titanic Exhibition there. Then I'll go to London, England and see a few friends and perhaps some shopping and then train it down to Southampton to the pier where the Titanic was moored and departed. Then I'll be heading over to Paris, France and only see the major attractions. Then I'll head over to Stockholm, Sweden and see my friends there (they were the backing singers/dancers to Malta's 2007 entry "Vertigo". And then of course fly down to Baku, Azerbaijan for the contest for 2 weeks. I'm only going for 5 weeks to Europe. It will give me enough time to visit the places I desire and still have time to enjoy the 2 weeks of Eurovision!!

HabaHaba
3rd June 2011, 18:26
Yes, I've joined the OGAE Azerbaijan and I've never met such lovely and friendly people. Despite what people say about the country, I will go there with my friend who accompany me and we'll respect the laws and see the beauty of Baku and enjoy the contest and meet everyone who travelled there. I'm really looking forward to it though. A huge dream come true! I just need more details from the OGAE on what I have to do with my membership!!

lucian-crusher
3rd June 2011, 22:27
Yes, I've joined the OGAE Azerbaijan and I've never met such lovely and friendly people. Despite what people say about the country, I will go there with my friend who accompany me and we'll respect the laws and see the beauty of Baku and enjoy the contest and meet everyone who travelled there. I'm really looking forward to it though. A huge dream come true! I just need more details from the OGAE on what I have to do with my membership!!

How can you join the OGAE of a different country? :o

MyHeartIsYours
4th June 2011, 01:19
I've already been going over my plans for next year. I'll be visiting Belfast, Ireland - go down to Harland and Wolff Shipyards and see where the Titanic was built and then visit the new Titanic Exhibition there. Then I'll go to London, England and see a few friends and perhaps some shopping and then train it down to Southampton to the pier where the Titanic was moored and departed.

Yaay, I hope to go to Belfast for Titanic's 100th anniversary also :D. I've already seen the pier at Southampton, there's no actual attraction, it's just a dock but it's nice to know that you've been to the place where Titanic had been :mrgreen:.

HabaHaba
7th June 2011, 14:36
I would love to be able to visit Harland and Wolff Shipyards and stand in the exact spot where the Titanic was constructed and launched! I want to visit Southampton and go to Pier 44 and see where the passengers and crew boarded and where the ship departed and almost colliding with the New York due to the Titanic's propellers causing a suction. It would be overwhelming to be in the exact spot where the ship had sunk and where those 1,523 people perished. I can't imagine how one would react when visiting the actual wreck itself!! But, back on topic, I won't visit Europe until end of April/early May. No way in hell am I going to miss the new major 4-part miniseries and the film in 3D in cinemas! lol it will be Titanic mania!!! But yeah, add me on Facebook if you'd like :)

doctormalisimo
7th June 2011, 14:43
Honestly, the Titanic Quarter in Belfast isnt THAT great. Theyre doing a lot of regeneration there, but it's still a bit underdeveloped.

HabaHaba
7th June 2011, 18:59
I know. It's just the thought of seeing where the ship was built by thousands of workers and launched before being fitted out and taken out for her sea trials before sailing to Southampton. I know they're building an attraction there next year. I want to visit the offices where they designed the ship. It will be a good experience to say "I have been there."