PDA

View Full Version : Dark Horse for 2011

r3gg13
19th April 2011, 05:48
We have the Kate Ryan thread, what about a black horse thread!

So, who do you think has the capabilities of surprising us with good results?

r3gg13
19th April 2011, 05:51
I think it will be Iceland or Georgia

sannerz
19th April 2011, 05:53
I think it'll be either Georgia or Moldova.

r3gg13
19th April 2011, 06:00
I think it'll be either Georgia or Moldova.

Come to think of it, Moldova isn't as bad as I initially thought. I have the Eurovision album, and it doesn't sound as crappy as before.

lucian-crusher
19th April 2011, 08:33
I think it is called ,,Dark Horse" and I think it will be ::hu

GRE
19th April 2011, 08:36
I think that dark horse could be Latvia or Switzerland.

croboy82
19th April 2011, 08:37
I agree about Latvia.

Steffan
19th April 2011, 08:47
I dare say Finland or Ukraine...

No idea why, but Ukraine does have neighbor voting, and her song is a ballad which if she sings it good could do well with judges...
Same goes with Finland...

Bug hopefully not...

aletem
19th April 2011, 11:38
It is too early to say, but I do have a dark horse on my mind (a surprising dark horse). :mrgreen:

:lol:

http://darkhorsecatering.com/images/DarkHorseImage3.jpg

lucian-crusher
19th April 2011, 11:48
It is too early to say, but I do have a dark horse in my mind (a surprising dark horse). :mrgreen:

:lol:

http://darkhorsecatering.com/images/DarkHorseImage3.jpg

:lol: ::li or ::mc? :lol:

aletem
19th April 2011, 11:52
Neither of them :lol: I think one might be Croatia, but I won't reveal the other major black horse, until I see the rehearsals. :twisted:

Arv
19th April 2011, 12:07
Belarus or Ireland... ;)

PeterLPZ
19th April 2011, 12:08
Ireland, Serbia or Bosnia-Herzegowina.

Kemija
19th April 2011, 14:14
Belarus, Switzerland :)

balizeg
19th April 2011, 14:45
::md

Narmina
19th April 2011, 15:00
If we don't keep in mind the favours, I suppose it will be ::lv and ::sl

A.B.
19th April 2011, 15:07
The dark horses of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 are Belarus and Iceland. They will both qualify for the grand final. You'll see. I was right about Romania last year.

Narmina
19th April 2011, 15:43
The dark horses of the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 are Belarus and Iceland. They will both qualify for the grand final. You'll see. I was right about Romania last year.

I believe you :) But to be honest I never hesitate about last year Romania's position :) I was sure about Top10

Milos-BC
19th April 2011, 16:26
Moldova

Assuommath
19th April 2011, 17:04
I think it will be http://www.esctodayforum.com/images/smilies/Turkey.png

Quent91
19th April 2011, 17:51
::am and ::gr are gonna get good results, I'm afraid...

doctormalisimo
19th April 2011, 18:04
I think ::de, ::nl and ::rs are going to surprise us all.

Sabiondo
19th April 2011, 18:12
I bet that ::ro::nl::it can give an pull surprice...ˇˇˇˇ

r3gg13
19th April 2011, 18:14

HAHAHA, I just noticed that I typed Black horse instead of dark horse :lol: I'm laughing my ass off xrollinglol. I have to change the title of the thread or something :lol: :lol:

I even typed it twice, what in the world was I thinking :lol: So, would mod change the title of this thread to "Dark Horse for 2011" then :lol:

A.B.
19th April 2011, 18:19

Sorry? Hungary is actually a favourite to win! How could it be a dark horse?

lucian-crusher
19th April 2011, 18:26
::am and ::gr are gonna get good results, I'm afraid...

Hopefully you are right! At least about ::am, but I like half of the Greek song to :D

lucian-crusher
19th April 2011, 18:27
Sorry? Hungary is actually a favourite to win! How could it be a dark horse?

::hu is only 9th in the odds at the moment, so a Top 3 would be a little surprising....

AlekS
19th April 2011, 18:33
::ro ::ua and ::by

Romania is underrated this year, imo. With the right performance they can finish in the top-10 and they can surprise people in a good way.

As for us, exactly the same thing which was happening to Alyosha. Exactly the same 2nd semi full of strong competitors. Exactly the same odds which will increase after the dress rehearsals. As always *yawn*.

As for Belarus. If Butterflies cheesy crap qualified then this entry should do it 4sure. Esp in such horrible year.

A.B.
19th April 2011, 18:53
::ro ::ua and ::by

Romania is underrated this year, imo. With the right performance they can finish in the top-10 and they can surprise people in a good way.

As for us, exactly the same thing which was happening to Alyosha. Exactly the same 2nd semi full of strong competitors. Exactly the same odds which will increase after the dress rehearsals. As always *yawn*.

As for Belarus. If Butterflies cheesy crap qualified then this entry should do it 4sure. Esp in such horrible year.

I think that Romania is a little bit overrated. We will qualify for the final and place middle table there...

I agree about Ukraine and Belarus. Especially about Belarus. The Belarussian chorus is damn catchy!

AlekS
19th April 2011, 19:18
^ Definitely not. I don't see Romania in everybody's top-5 :)
I think it's a lil' bit forgotten, comapring to January.

Israeliboy
19th April 2011, 19:31
::il gonna be the dark horse after the amazing performance of Dana in Eurovision :)

Scooby
19th April 2011, 19:34
::fi ::sm and ::rs (hope so)

alca
19th April 2011, 21:03
Israel and Poland maybe?

Sahistul
19th April 2011, 21:21
Maybe Georgia, if the voice will be good. Another possibilities: Latvia, Albania, Belarus.

bashers
19th April 2011, 21:22
Hmmmm Switzerland actually! Shes a great singer live!

nikolay_BG
19th April 2011, 21:26
BE-LA-RUS

LikeNobody
19th April 2011, 21:32
Portugal will be the Dark Horse this year ! :P

Megasalt
19th April 2011, 22:07
I think Switzerland will be the dark horse. The song stands out from the rest and it's easy to like it. I hope so atleast :D

r3gg13
19th April 2011, 23:16
I think Switzerland and Albania are big underdogs who can actually pull off nicely live.

CPV4931
19th April 2011, 23:20
Imo, it will be Serbia and - at the most here said - Latvia. Both are great songs.

94ayd
20th April 2011, 02:03
::bg and ::sm :)

Grinch
20th April 2011, 02:18
::ge ::gr ::by ::ro

Isabella
20th April 2011, 02:31
Bulgaria, Ukraine, Serbia, Finland ;)

sannerz
20th April 2011, 04:50
After relistening to some songs, Armenia is definitely the dark horse. With one of those amazing pyrotechnic performances Armenia is good at, she could easily do MUCH better than expected.

QwaarJet
20th April 2011, 05:55
Bulgaria, Armenia, Ukraine and Belarus.

Steffan
20th April 2011, 08:36
I really hope Bulgaria or Belarus ^^ The songs are awesome <3

r3gg13
20th April 2011, 16:56
With the jury, I think Lithuania will do well. But based solely on televotes, Armenia and Sweden (not really a dark horse) can do well

DanielLuis
21st April 2011, 03:46
Ireland, Serbia or Bosnia-Herzegowina.

BH is already a fav so it wouldnt be a surprise

DanielLuis
21st April 2011, 03:49
Armenia is most likely the dark horse, as they always pull a great performance and they also have the block voting for the televote part.
Greece, Belarus and possibly Albania could surprise. Even Portugal could.

Im afraid Russia may win because with all that ex-URSS support, they only need a mid-quality song to win...

lory
21st April 2011, 18:02
bulgaria!

Joabi
23rd April 2011, 15:38
for me its: ::am Armenia

I'm really sure it will do well on stage and finnish muuuuch better than Habba Habba.

A.B.
23rd April 2011, 15:42
^

Everything depends on the draw and on the live singing. I doubt that Armenia will qualify for the grand final.

lucian-crusher
23rd April 2011, 16:40
^

Everything depends on the draw and on the live singing. I doubt that Armenia will qualify for the grand final.

Are you counting the Diaspora here? :D

A.B.
23rd April 2011, 16:55
Are you counting the Diaspora here? :D

Yes, but the diaspora won't be enough. Let's think about ladt year's Suomi entry. Finland was voted by the people as 7th in the semi final, but the juries pulled it out of the final. This would probably happen to Armenia this year. (considering the fact that Emmy' vocals are beyond average)

naticopes
23rd April 2011, 17:58
What about Russia or Albania...

r3gg13
23rd April 2011, 18:04
What about Russia or Albania...

Russia has a good chance at top 10 I think. I personally love Albania's entry, so I might be biased when I talk about it. Anyways, I think realistically, Albania has a good chance at going to the final, for the past 3 years, they've qualified (7-9th) in semis, but they go down to around 16th place in the final. This is just the trend from the past, but I think this song could go up to 10-15th place because it's not one of those stereotypical Eurovision songs.

martin
23rd April 2011, 22:17
i think country like Armenia, russia, finland and slovakia is dark horse

A.B.
24th April 2011, 02:06
Iceland is the darkest horse Eurovision have seen in 56 editions. They will sing with their hearts and if they will be able to show Europe the energy of their love for Sigurjon, they will enter the top 3. ;)

naticopes
24th April 2011, 23:10
Finally a person that loves Albanian entry :) It's my favourite, but I said that it will be a surprise if Aurela will be in top 10 because, unfortunately, there aren't many people that want to vote for Albania this year... A.B you have right about Iceland, but this year will be a performance for Iceland to qualify in the final.

Grinch
25th April 2011, 04:05
I like Albanian entry, prefer the Albanian version though.

lucian-crusher
25th April 2011, 09:50
Iceland is the darkest horse Eurovision have seen in 56 editions. They will sing with their hearts and if they will be able to show Europe the energy of their love for Sigurjon, they will enter the top 3. ;)

Ok! I am placing a bet that ::is will finish Top 10! Let's see! :D

alen....
25th April 2011, 11:07
GEORGIA!!!
In my opinion, this is one of the best songs this year, and the most underrated.

Ingellita
25th April 2011, 11:56
Germany,Belarus and maybe Lithuania:confused:

FallenAngelII
25th April 2011, 12:26
Most oddsmakers are betting on a final result outside of the Top 5 or even Top 10 for Russia. I say definite Top 10 finish and probable Top 5 finish for Russia. And I don't see many fans even talking about the entry on these boards.

Depending on the stage show. With an at least competent stage show, it is set to finish Top 10.

I don't see how Romania was a dark horse last year. Even the, at times, bumbling fools in the Inför Eurovision Song Contest 2011 panel predicted it would do well.

aletem
26th April 2011, 05:32
Ok! I am placing a bet that ::is will finish Top 10! Let's see! :D
Iceland could do well, if all the commentators in that semi-final say about what did happen to the singer. Then I could see Europe going for it. Otherwise, those kind of songs end traditionally low in the semi-finals with 14-20 points. I actually like the Icelandic song.

lucian-crusher
26th April 2011, 10:05
Iceland could do well, if all the commentators in that semi-final say about what did happen to the singer. Then I could see Europe going for it. Otherwise, those kind of songs end traditionally low in the semi-finals with 14-20 points. I actually like the Icelandic song.

Then they can count out the votes from ::ro because, usually, our commentators don't even now what Eurovision is, so I doubt they will know the story of the Icelandic song :lol:

PeterLPZ
26th April 2011, 13:21
Latvia could also be a dark horse. It get´s well in most rankings.

Stella
26th April 2011, 13:52
Cyprus,if they'll create a magical performance.
Slovakia I hope it will be the dark horse of Eurovision 2011,I love the song and the girls are lovely and talented :)
And I think Georgia could do well :)

r3gg13
26th April 2011, 21:22
I'm in love with the Cypriot entry this year. I didn't like it at first though. I think a good stage performance will do that song justice. Maybe something like Regina's performance in 2009 will fit this song well. :D

chikos_2011
26th April 2011, 23:51
To the people saying Latvia, I agree 100%. Not the greatest song but definitley a better song
To the people who say Ukraine, I also agree. I don't like the song AT ALL, but remembering that last year Ukraine was panned on this forum and easily made the finals makes me think it will happen again

Greece, I mean come on, top 10 placings every year for the last what, 8 years or so? theres no way it'll miss the cutoff, and its an interesting song, rap and folk, if its got a good performance wouldn't be suprised if it comes top 5

And my dark horse to win the competition. Russia. The guy can actually sing (it shocked me...i was expecting all looks no substance) unlike a certain Swedish singer (sigh) and with neighbour voting, I can't see it fail.

The biggest dissapointment of the night, well thats easily France. Guys, it bites as a song, no matter how great the guys voice is.

suomalainen
27th April 2011, 00:44
SLOVAKIA and BULGARIA

gemmar
27th April 2011, 12:32
Serbia, Iceland, Poland, Turkey and Slovakia.

FallenAngelII
27th April 2011, 13:28
Greece, I mean come on, top 10 placings every year for the last what, 8 years or so? theres no way it'll miss the cutoff, and its an interesting song, rap and folk, if its got a good performance wouldn't be suprised if it comes top 5
The only song to extensively feature rap that has passed through the semi-final since its introuction featuerd a 75 yearold rapper (the other was the jury's save, so it doesn't really count).

Stereo Mike is subpar and will thus most probably fail. It might pass to the final, but it's not a candidate to be a dark horse

lucian-crusher
27th April 2011, 13:41
The only song to extensively feature rap that has passed through the semi-final since its introuction featuerd a 75 yearold rapper (the other was the jury's save, so it doesn't really count).

Stereo Mike is subpar and will thus most probably fail. It might pass to the final, but it's not a candidate to be a dark horse

You do realise that we are talking about ::gr right? Leaving the aside tthe fact that ::gr will qualify whatever it sendsa, we must take in count that Greek language and music is one of the most loved in Europe. So if we cut the Rap part, Loukas's part could do really well. I am 100 % sure that if ::md doesen't qualify ::gr will get our 12 in the Final....

asia
27th April 2011, 21:27
Can I say poland? Its 40/1 in the betting. Latvia will also do a lot better than its predicted to.

Samb
27th April 2011, 21:38
Latvia will either crash or soar. I think its a good song, with a decent chance of qualifying; and very capatable of top ten in the final *if* the performance, song order and regional voting goes their way.

rebus
27th April 2011, 21:54
I am 100 % sure that if ::md doesen't qualify ::gr will get our 12 in the Final....
I don't think that Greece will get our 12 points. If we didn't give 12 points to "Opa" last year then we won't give our 12 points to Loukas this year IMO.

FallenAngelII
28th April 2011, 00:36
You do realise that we are talking about ::gr right? Leaving the aside tthe fact that ::gr will qualify whatever it sendsa, we must take in count that Greek language and music is one of the most loved in Europe. So if we cut the Rap part, Loukas's part could do really well. I am 100 % sure that if ::md doesen't qualify ::gr will get our 12 in the Final....
Since when is the Greek language one of the most beloved languages in Europe?

The juries exist to counteract those things. Also, I said that the entry might pass to the final and I was being generous simply because it's a Greek entry (if it were from, say, Cyprus or Malta, it'd crash and burn). But it won't win or get Top 5. I don't even see it make the Top 10.

Stereo Mike really brings the entire entry down.

r3gg13
28th April 2011, 03:28
@Lucian: I think that Greece could barely get through the final, if they do, I think that they will be in 15th to last place. I don't have much to say about this song.

Grinch
28th April 2011, 03:38
After the rehearsals, our predictions will be more realistic. Only 4 days left http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/images/smilies/woohoo.gif

lucian-crusher
28th April 2011, 09:24
I don't think that Greece will get our 12 points. If we didn't give 12 points to "Opa" last year then we won't give our 12 points to Loukas this year IMO.

That's because ::md was in the Final last year. But we gave 10 to ,,Opa" so.... And whenever I am talking about votes I only talk about televoting....

@FallenAngelII: I said that ::gr will finish Top 5 if people only vote for Loukas part but that's impossible because there is also that horrible Rap part that ruins it. Anyway I say that ::gr will qualify and finish Top 12.

FallenAngelII
28th April 2011, 11:05
@FallenAngelII: I said that ::gr will finish Top 5 if people only vote for Loukas part but that's impossible because there is also that horrible Rap part that ruins it. Anyway I say that ::gr will qualify and finish Top 12.
This is a "Dark Horse" thread. Top 12 isn't very notable. Also, you keep saying Romania will give Greece high marks.

lucian-crusher
28th April 2011, 11:21
This is a "Dark Horse" thread. Top 12 isn't very notable. Also, you keep saying Romania will give Greece high marks.

I was replying to rebus, I was not repeating myself and after that I replyed to you and agreed with you In a way. Without the Rap part Greece would finish high! And the Top 12 was for Reggie as he said ::gr won't qualify!

And I agree with you again! A Dark Horse for me means Top 3 that's why I said ::hu will be the Dark Horse this year. They are 5th in the odds now, so if they finish 3rd they are a Dark Horse because they would do better then expected!

FallenAngelII
28th April 2011, 12:08
And I agree with you again! A Dark Horse for me means Top 3 that's why I said ::hu will be the Dark Horse this year. They are 5th in the odds now, so if they finish 3rd they are a Dark Horse because they would do better then expected!
I don't think Hungary is a Dark Horse. I'm suprised it's no recieving more hype, but it's merely overlooked, not actually panned. With a good stage show, it's a potential winner. Critics are slowly warming up to the entry, though.

aletem
28th April 2011, 14:42
Yeah, Hungary isn't really a dark horse. They even win in some esc-related polls.

94ayd
28th April 2011, 23:42
After the rehearsals, our predictions will be more realistic. Only 4 days left http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/images/smilies/woohoo.gif

+9999999999999999999... :lol:

erick
30th April 2011, 18:56
Macedonia is a dark horse for me in this year !!!

Manosland
30th April 2011, 19:21
Well I think that Switzerland is a dark horse......or is just me that I like the song? mmmmmmm.....

mullally
1st May 2011, 09:25
Belarus and Bulgaria!!

Belarus- It's the catchiest song of the year! And that refrain won't leave my head! Most people vote for the songs they can remember after all the performances. I'm guessing this is one that will be remembered. I think this song can be the big surprise this year... with so many crappy songs, it really stands out. At least in Semi 2.

Bulgaria- People will vote for her if she's as charismatic as she is in the video. A breath of fresh air... and the kid's are gonna vote for Bulgaria.

missposh
8th May 2011, 19:29
i think slovenia is a real dark horse this year

Israeliboy
8th May 2011, 19:33
::il will be the dark horse!!!

Scooby
8th May 2011, 19:55
San Marino will be dark horse and next year we have ESC on meadow :lol:

alca
8th May 2011, 21:29

Amen to that!

FallenAngelII
8th May 2011, 22:47
Only if they completely revamp the performance. There are worse songs and singers this year, but her presentation is just dull. It's like she watched the last 3 years of Swedish Eurovision performances and went "Why yes, I'd love to end up 18th or worse!". Mostly standing still and then swaying a bit with some arm movement during the chorus and/or bridge does not a good stage show befitting of a non-ballad make.

EvNickGR
8th May 2011, 23:19
Slovenia and Cyprus

r3gg13
9th May 2011, 02:31
I think after watching the rehearsals, Slovenia, Macedonia and Cyprus will surprise us :D

Slovenia- I'm too biased to talk about her, but she did sound much better than before.
Macedonia- They're really entertaining to watch on stage, plus their performance is not sloppy.
Cyprus- Great voices, nice ethnic flare. If we don't vote for them, I think they're gonna throw the "ball" (IDK, what to call it) to the audience :lol:

QwaarJet
9th May 2011, 03:49
After watching rehearsals, I think the dark horse now is Spain. I see it appealing to a lot of people and may even get top 5.

I would love to say Cyprus as despite how amazing France was in rehearsals, for me Cyprus put on the best show of all the countries, but I still see it failing to qualify, regardless of how good it is.

Haustor
9th May 2011, 07:10
I think that Austria and Slovenia could be dark horses this year.

adnar
9th May 2011, 10:01
I have 3 countries in my mind: ::cy ::nl ::bg

markovs
9th May 2011, 12:54

I'm afraid that's just national bias and wishful thinking. This is one of the real turkeys this year. Her vocals are bad, the song is boooooooring and insipid and it will be lucky to make it out of the semi. Absolutely no chance at all of making top 10 even with the publicity from Dana. A real example of NOT a dark horse, just a song that someone likes individually.

markovs
9th May 2011, 13:05
OK, for it to be a real dark horse the song cannot be high in the betting as they would be considered the 'favourites'. So that rules out France, UK, Estonia, Hungary, Azerbaijan, Sweden (surprisingly, as it's rubbish), Germany, Bosnia & H, Russia and Ireland who are the top 10 in the betting and all 20-1 or under, so can't really be considered 'dark horses'.

Outside of them, I would offer 3 songs as potential dark horses and my reasons

Turkey - Seems to be largely forgotten but is a good solid rock song, they perform it well, Turkey get many diaspora and neighbour votes and generally do well with the juries. You can get 66-1 on this for top 4, a pretty good bet in a weak year.

Austria - For me this is the best ballad in the competition and has a fantastic ending. She is a very good singer and if is lucky to be near the end in the draw could make an impression. Not a winner, but could sneak top 4 at good odds.

Denmark - Again, largely written off, but for me this is a very good torch type song, well sung. It would definitely need to be right at the end of the draw to make a big impression but a good each way bet for me.

aletem
9th May 2011, 15:19
I think Macedonia can be a dark horse in terms of qualifying, as their performance did not disappoint at all.

LadyKiller
9th May 2011, 15:26
After watching the rehearsals, I believe and hope Cyprus will be the dark horse.

Narmina
9th May 2011, 16:08
^ agree with you. I won't be suprised to see Christos in Top 10

r3gg13
9th May 2011, 16:32
^
I would love that to happen! We finally have a well performed ethno-rock song! It's on my personal top 10 now :D

asia
9th May 2011, 18:24
Lol @ scooby, do they have meadow's in san marino? Thought it was mountainous? Good point though, god forbid if they do win, where would they hold it :s

suomalainen
10th May 2011, 12:51
I think few countries could be dark horses this year.
Slovakia, Iceland, Switzerland, maybe even Cyprus!

Sabrewulf238
10th May 2011, 13:01
I'd like to say Albania but I don't really believe that...

So I'll say I think Georgia will be this years dark horse.

AlekS
10th May 2011, 14:43
After watching the rehearsals, imo almost all faves deserve to flop.

Dark horses --> Denmark, Ukraine, Cyprus, Austria, Switzerland, Albania, Turkey.

ganjha
11th May 2011, 15:11
Cyprus will surprise people and end in top 10, maybe even top 5.

PeterLPZ
11th May 2011, 15:56
After yesterday, Finland of course.

EvNickGR
11th May 2011, 16:37
Finland, Cyprus, Georgia, Greece

QwaarJet
11th May 2011, 17:49
After the first semi, Serbia and Greece look like they could surprise everyone in the final.

doctormalisimo
11th May 2011, 17:52
After watching last night, Finland and Switzerland look like the dark horses...

Sean
11th May 2011, 17:55
Iceland

Grinch
11th May 2011, 17:58
Georgia - Well deserved
Greece - xheart
Lithuania - wtf?

I strongly hope Netherlands & my sweet Cyprus will do great in sf2 and be dark horses.

A.B.
11th May 2011, 18:06
I was right about Iceland.

QwaarJet
11th May 2011, 18:08
Agreed with Cyprus. Although my vote is for Bulgaria in the second semi, I feel like Cyprus may need that vote more, and it surely deserves to go through.

r3gg13
11th May 2011, 18:19
I think the dark horses from semi 1 are Lithuania (no one saw that coming), Iceland and Switzerland

therazortailedpony
11th May 2011, 23:45
A weak voice from the back of my brains told me that Lithuania could qualify since it was the only real Eurovision ballad in semi-1 but then I saw everybody hating on it or not even mentioning it, so I changed my mind. That wasn't that unpredictable, actually. I would've been more surprised if Malta'd qualified.

nikolay_BG
12th May 2011, 00:05
Lithuania, Cyprus, Switzerland, why not Bulgaria too ;)

Sabiondo
12th May 2011, 00:08
For me - Finland and Iceland :))

sweet_passion
12th May 2011, 03:08
Finland! Since it passed through the semis, it is the darkest horse of the contest. (to me, it's case has a lot of similarities to Belgium 2010).
From the secomd semi, i think Latvia is a song we should keep an eye on...

alca
12th May 2011, 15:25
^ I agree about Latvia! It grew on me a lot!

Quent91
12th May 2011, 16:51
::sk and ::by

Scooby
12th May 2011, 17:41
::sk and ::by

xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3

asia
12th May 2011, 17:43
what about 2nite? Bulgaria, latvia, slovakia, eire, nederlands, belgium, cyprus, belarus, slovenia and sweden? No estonia though, its gonna be tough.... The dark horse now has to be finland and i still think latvija, too reminiscent of that estonian song that came from nowhere to win in the early 00's.

asia
12th May 2011, 17:49
lol @ scooby, dont laugh at him yet, save it until after the 2nd semi final, belarus will be there...... Because i love belarus...... Actualy i dont, but its the name of the song lol, anyways, serbia are through, am voting for 3 countries saturday. Serbia, because its so random and sixties-ish, still maybe too cool to win. Bulgaria, because..... What a voice she has and azerbaijan because its their time to win..... Even though safura was better last year :p

Quent91
12th May 2011, 17:51
xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3

lol I'm serious about ::sk (maybe not for ::by)

azerbaijan because its their time to win

no, it's too early for them. Some countries are still waiting and they entered many many ages ago !

doctormalisimo
15th May 2011, 23:17
I think there was one clear winner to the Dark Horse question. Did anyone expect ::it to even finish in the top half?

Grinch
15th May 2011, 23:51
Italy! Hands down!

asia
17th May 2011, 15:03
I thought italy could win, so not suprised it was 2nd.... In some ways it reminded me of marie n..... Dunno why lol

r3gg13
31st May 2011, 01:58
the "Dark Horse" thread next year should be named the "Raphael Gualazzi of 2012" thread. The biggest dark horse ever :D

lucian-crusher
31st May 2011, 08:41
the "Dark Horse" thread next year should be named the "Raphael Gualazzi of 2012" thread. The biggest dark horse ever :D

I don't consider him a Dark Horse. For me he finished 11th :twisted:

escandesc
31st May 2011, 11:46

:mrgreen: I agree. :lol:

nikolay_BG
31st May 2011, 13:35
Why not Ell& Nikki? Nobody expected them to win. Me too :o

escandesc
31st May 2011, 14:09

Italy's second place shocked me more actually. :lol: and I knew Azerbaijan was going to win one day so I wasn't surprised. However, I would rather they had won with a song like Always.

r3gg13
31st May 2011, 15:54

They were already in the top 5-ish spots in the majority's ranking. Plus it's Azerbaijan so we all expect them to do at least a top 10 finish :D

CC92
2nd June 2011, 17:45
I don't consider him a Dark Horse. For me he finished 11th :twisted:

me, too. :D but still better than I thought, I need to admit.