PDA

View Full Version : What is going on in your country?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Valvejoodik
9th April 2011, 22:58
Hi, I came to an idea that we should have a thread in which we can talk and discuss over different events, concerts, accidents, festivals and other things that happen or happened in your country.
I think that it would be quite interesting :)

ronny1988
10th April 2011, 11:57
i was on 8th at a concert of football-legend Herbert Prohaska (some might know him, especially italians). i didnt knew he can sing so good.

bbut i'm really looking forward when in November Within Temptation comes to vienna =) one of my most favourite Bands. You can listen to every album and will imagine they have no lame songs. (my opinion) and sharon the singer has a fantastic voice =) i think they were one of the first with symphonic and melodic metal =)=)

Mark-ESC14
10th April 2011, 12:53
Yesterday a huge disaster happened. In a shopping mall in Alphen aan den Rijn, less than half a km from my school a 24-year old ran into a shopping mall and killed 7 people and injured 11 people.
He walked in with a automatic gun and shot around him. An Acquintance of a friend died. There are even rumours someone from my school was killed. After he shot 6 people he killed himself. Children are victims too. It is the 2nd shooting accident in the town this week.

http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/2488241/man-24-richt-bloedbad-in-alphen-ad-rijn.html#slideshow-/slideshow/1884464/popup.html
Pictures

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/04/09/netherlands.mall.shooting/index.html?hpt=T1
English information

seb89
10th April 2011, 13:00
^I heard it on the news :s. I was shocked! I don't get it that 'young' people can buy guns or have access to such guns :s. Veel sterkte Mark!

doctormalisimo
10th April 2011, 13:00
hm...it's census day in ::ie.
Theres a peace march going on today in Omagh, Northern Ireland in memory of the policeman who was killed by a bomb there last week.

In the ::uk a national paper is running an apology after admitting it bugged the phones of some celebrities.

So its quite a slow news day really. Which is good :)

MyHeartIsYours
10th April 2011, 13:15
::uk
United Kingdom

It's the countdown to the Royal Wedding and the Royal Household has released a 20 page guide to guests to make sure that ettiquette is spectacular (ie servents arent allowed to look at the Queen - that's a bit snobby imo!). Also, the amount of Street Party applications for the Wedding is at an all time low, but it is expected that 2 billion people will watch it worldwide :).

There has been a shooting in Southampton in a Royal Navy nuclear submarine and the gunman was stopped by a Councillor who tackled him to the floor! :lol:

At the beginning of next month, there is a referendum on changing the Parliamentary voting system to the Alternative Vote and both sides of the campaign are launching attacks on each other - the No side I must say is spreading total lies and scaremongering people! Atm, polls are showing it's going to be very close with 51% saying Yes and 49% for No. (Personally I support the Yes side and will be voting Yes next month! :D).

The Grand National took place yesterday in Aintree but led to the deaths of two horses after they fell over :(.

The United Kingdom's last circus elephant, Anne, has retired to a Safari Park at the age of 58 (thank God she was saved from that evil circus - hopefully the remaining years of her life will be long and happy!)

Today, 99 years ago, RMS Titanic departed on her first and final voyage from Southampton :(.

Mark-ESC14
10th April 2011, 13:40
^I heard it on the news :s. I was shocked! I don't get it that 'young' people can buy guns or have access to such guns :s. Veel sterkte Mark!
Thanks. And actually no one knows how he got those guns. He was a member of a shooting club but they don't use automatic weapons there! This is exactly the reason why guns shouldn't be available to ordinary people... (Well ordinary, idiots like that guy)

EvanESCIreland
10th April 2011, 13:48
It's census night in Ireland. Yesterday, The Irish times pictured an 101 year-old who featured in the 1911 census.
In Kildare, (the country where I live) there was a kidnapping of the sister one of Kildare's main Politicians. Thank god she is safe now :)

Israeliboy
15th April 2011, 16:37
Justin Bieber had a show yesterday in Tel Aviv, Israel ;)

Sim
15th April 2011, 18:28

I read some things about it, that the press irritated him a lot when he wanted to visit some places...

The only news here in Belgium:

A religion person who abused 2 of his newphes gave an interview yesterday
where he minimalize his acts.
The pages are full of it.

shane23
15th April 2011, 20:43
:D :D :D
[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-oe2PvmFp8 :D:mrgreen::twisted:

Mielmo
18th April 2011, 07:31
Over here, another day passes in the Drug War. Hearing about how Ciudad Juárez is dying (which is just sad). Though over here where I live, the week has been calmer than others (that is to say, less violent).

It's just kinda sad, really. We are not surprised about this anymore. It's now normal for us.

Grinch
23rd April 2011, 01:30
APRIL 23 INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S DAY

This national day (23 April National Sovereignty and Children's Day) in Turkey is a unique event. The founder of the Turkish Republic, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, dedicated April 23 to the children of the country to emphasize that they are the future of the new nation. It was on April 23, 1920, during the War of Independence, that the Grand National Assembly met in Ankara and laid down the foundations of a new, independent, secular, and modern republic from the ashes of the Ottoman Empire. Following the defeat of the Allied invasion forces on September 9, 1922 and the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne on July 24, 1923, Ataturk started his task of establishing the institutions of the new state. Over the next eight years, Ataturk and his followers adopted sweeping reforms to create a modern Turkey, divorced from her Ottoman past. In unprecedented moves, he dedicated the sovereignty day to the children and entrusted in the hands of the youth the protection of this sovereignty and independence.

Every year, the children in Turkey celebrate this "Sovereignty and Children's Day" as a national holiday. Schools participate in week-long ceremonies marked by performances in all fields in large stadiums watched by the entire nation. Among the activities on this day, the children send their representatives to replace state officials and high ranking bureaucrats in their offices. The President, the Prime Minister, the Cabinet Ministers, provincial governors all turn over their positions to children's representatives. These children, in turn, sign executive orders relating to educational and environmental policies. On this day, the children also replace the parliamentarians in the Grand National Assembly and hold a special session to discuss matters concerning children's issues.

Over the last two decades, the Turkish officials have been working hard to internationalize this important day. Their efforts resulted in large number of world states' sending groups of children to Turkey to participate in the above stated festivities. During their stay in Turkey, the foreign children are housed in Turkish homes and find an important opportunity to interact with the Turkish kids and learn about each other's countries and cultures. The foreign children groups also participate in the special session of the Grand National Assembly. This results in a truly international Assembly where children pledge their commitment to international peace and brotherhood.

The importance of April 23 as a special day of children has been recognized by the international community. UNICEF decided to recognize this important day as the International Children's Day.

xkermit xoscar xcookie

goktengri
23rd April 2011, 05:31
APRIL 23 INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S DAY

This national day (23 April National Sovereignty and Children's Day) in Turkey is a unique event. The founder of the Turkish Republic, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, dedicated April 23 to the children of the country to emphasize that they are the future of the new nation. It was on April 23, 1920, during the War of Independence, that the Grand National Assembly met in Ankara and laid down the foundations of a new, independent, secular, and modern republic from the ashes of the Ottoman Empire. Following the defeat of the Allied invasion forces on September 9, 1922 and the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne on July 24, 1923, Ataturk started his task of establishing the institutions of the new state. Over the next eight years, Ataturk and his followers adopted sweeping reforms to create a modern Turkey, divorced from her Ottoman past. In unprecedented moves, he dedicated the sovereignty day to the children and entrusted in the hands of the youth the protection of this sovereignty and independence.

Every year, the children in Turkey celebrate this "Sovereignty and Children's Day" as a national holiday. Schools participate in week-long ceremonies marked by performances in all fields in large stadiums watched by the entire nation. Among the activities on this day, the children send their representatives to replace state officials and high ranking bureaucrats in their offices. The President, the Prime Minister, the Cabinet Ministers, provincial governors all turn over their positions to children's representatives. These children, in turn, sign executive orders relating to educational and environmental policies. On this day, the children also replace the parliamentarians in the Grand National Assembly and hold a special session to discuss matters concerning children's issues.

Over the last two decades, the Turkish officials have been working hard to internationalize this important day. Their efforts resulted in large number of world states' sending groups of children to Turkey to participate in the above stated festivities. During their stay in Turkey, the foreign children are housed in Turkish homes and find an important opportunity to interact with the Turkish kids and learn about each other's countries and cultures. The foreign children groups also participate in the special session of the Grand National Assembly. This results in a truly international Assembly where children pledge their commitment to international peace and brotherhood.

The importance of April 23 as a special day of children has been recognized by the international community. UNICEF decided to recognize this important day as the International Children's Day.

xkermit xoscar xcookie

Celebrations are great this year as always, :D Great to see many children here from all around the world :P

Interrail
24th April 2011, 21:27
Belgrade ZOO got 4 babies of extremely rare White Lion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLKenjWiOSA&feature=player_embedded
They're soooo cuuuuteee and small

Valvejoodik
3rd May 2011, 13:38
Hmm, Estonian Air plane is circling over Tallinn, really suspicious. I hope that everything is ok :shock:
http://www.upload.ee/image/1314448/pilt.jpg

Hmm, its last altitude was about 69m and now it isn't visible anymore:?

EDIT:
Oh, false alarm, just a new pilots test flight:lol:

adnar
3rd May 2011, 20:00

Winter attack in Poland!

We have snow most in Southern of Poland. The country is paralyzed, as today is the last they of long "may weekend" which started on Saturday and finishes today as it's a public holiday. Also if someone took some days-off after Easter, could have 11 days off in total. People have no electricity at some places, cars can't move cause they have summer tires on already. At night the snow is expected at my town too (north-east) and the temperature by the see is expected to be around -5 this night. A week ago - it was over 25 degrees in the whole Poland.

It is expected that in some regions snow may fall up to 5-10 cm, on mountains even 20 cm. There is an avalanche possibility in all mountains in Poland, so it's forbidden to go there as a tourist.

Valvejoodik
3rd May 2011, 20:41
In Estonia we also had snow in some areas :o

goktengri
3rd May 2011, 21:11
Turkey is in election process with rallies, discussion programs in many channels. :D And there was a '' secret cheat '' scandal in the exam for entering the universities. It occupied agenda for a while.

There were also great rallies on the occasion of May Day on sunday xcheers

MyHeartIsYours
3rd May 2011, 21:14
When is your election? :D Our's is on Thursday :mrgreen:.

Turkish97
3rd May 2011, 21:20
:D :D :D
[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-oe2PvmFp8 :D:mrgreen::twisted:

LMAOOOOO!

So sorry guys for you;) :lol:

goktengri
3rd May 2011, 21:21
When is your election? :D Our's is on Thursday :mrgreen:.

oh didn't know that yours almost came :o Hope the best for UK xcheers ( let me know details :D )

ours is on 12 june :p

sannerz
3rd May 2011, 22:19
Incompetency in government. :lol:

r3gg13
4th May 2011, 00:18
Incompetency in government. :lol:

nothing new there :lol:

doctormalisimo
4th May 2011, 00:21
All over Ireland there are gorse fires (or bush fires if youre of Aussie complexion). The fire fighters both north and south of the border are struggling to cope and the dry and windy conditions aren't helping the situation (it hasn't rained in about 2 weeks).

MyHeartIsYours
4th May 2011, 00:29
oh didn't know that yours almost came :o Hope the best for UK xcheers ( let me know details :D )

ours is on 12 june :p

I will :D. It's not actual UK government elections but devolved government, local and referendum elections. I still dont know who Im gunna vote for, probably Labour though :mrgreen:.

goktengri
4th May 2011, 00:34
I will :D. It's not actual UK government elections but devolved government, local and referendum elections. I still dont know who Im gunna vote for, probably Labour though :mrgreen:.

Will it be your first voting or not ? :mrgreen:

MyHeartIsYours
4th May 2011, 00:36
Will it be your first voting or not ? :mrgreen:

Yup hehe!! :D It'll be a good moment getting rid of them Tories :lol:.

goktengri
4th May 2011, 00:46
I'm wishing for a labour-social democrat victory xcheers

I will not be able to vote until 2013, that's when Local elections will be held :p

doctormalisimo
4th May 2011, 00:50
It'll be my first time voting on Thursday as well. I'm watching the final debate right now before the Northern Ireland Assembly Elections :)

MyHeartIsYours
4th May 2011, 00:55
I'm wishing for a labour-social democrat victory xcheers

I will not be able to vote until 2013, that's when Local elections will be held :p

I was going to vote for the Liberal Democrats and they are still probably my favourite party atm but I think Im gunna go for Labour because firstly I want to send a message to the Liberals that they need to get out of government with the Conservatives and also because my Dad would practically murder me if I voted for anything other than Labour in his presence :lol:. Im gunna do a deal with him that he has to vote Yes to Alternative Vote then I will vote Labour in return! :mrgreen:

It sucks having to wait to vote, especially if you know about politics already :/. Votes should be at 16 imo!!

seb89
4th May 2011, 00:58
Is voting compulsory in the UK? Maybe a stupid question but I'm just curious :).

MyHeartIsYours
4th May 2011, 00:59
It'll be my first time voting on Thursday as well. I'm watching the final debate right now before the Northern Ireland Assembly Elections :)

Oh cool, your election's more important than our little council election! I remember the debates from last year when I fell in love with Nick Clegg haha :lol:. I wonder what the DUP will do if Sinn Fein are the largest party, I dont really have the place to comment here but I really dont like the DUP and I think it'd do them good to lose!!

MyHeartIsYours
4th May 2011, 01:00
Is voting compulsory in the UK? Maybe a stupid question but I'm just curious :).

Nope, that's why our turnout is ridiculously poor :lol:. The last council election + European election here, turnout was 30% I think lol.
I want a low turnout this time (except in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) however cuz it'll mean AV is more likely to be passed! :twisted:

doctormalisimo
4th May 2011, 01:04
Oh cool, your election's more important than our little council election! I remember the debates from last year when I fell in love with Nick Clegg haha :lol:. I wonder what the DUP will do if Sinn Fein are the largest party, I dont really have the place to comment here but I really dont like the DUP and I think it'd do them good to lose!!

Actually in this debate Martin McGuinness and Peter Robinson are sticking up for each other and Margaret Ritchie (SDLP) is going on a warpath against them. This is hilarious, but cringe-worthy to watch. But the DUP are still a bit extreme for my liking. I'm voting Alliance on Thursday.

seb89
4th May 2011, 01:08
Nope, that's why our turnout is ridiculously poor :lol:. The last council election + European election here, turnout was 30% I think lol.
I want a low turnout this time (except in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) however cuz it'll mean AV is more likely to be passed! :twisted:

Well, if it wasn't "compulsory", I wouldn't vote either :oops:.

I don't have a clue what "AV" is, but I'm hoping for a low turnout then :D

goktengri
4th May 2011, 01:14
It is compulsory here :mrgreen: the penalty is 22 TL ( 9 EUR ) they are imposing democracy by force :lol:

doctormalisimo
4th May 2011, 01:16
It is compulsory here :mrgreen: the penalty is 22 TL ( 9 EUR ) they are imposing democracy by force :lol:
that's not very democratic :lol:

MyHeartIsYours
4th May 2011, 01:18
Actually in this debate Martin McGuinness and Peter Robinson are sticking up for each other and Margaret Ritchie (SDLP) is going on a warpath against them. This is hilarious, but cringe-worthy to watch. But the DUP are still a bit extreme for my liking. I'm voting Alliance on Thursday.

I have to say I prefer the SDLP and UUP to both Sinn Fein and DUP, I sometimes wonder why they've become more popular in the times when there's relative peace, you'd think it'd go the other way but perhaps Im wrong lol! But yes, from an outsider prospective the Alliance party is my favourite and I hope they do really well on Thursday :).

seb89
4th May 2011, 01:20

In Belgium too! Last time, nobody got a penalty, but still it's compulsory. I don't have a strong opinion if it's good or wrong, they need to change the dates or make an exception for the students, because I hate it when I need to vote during my exams :(. Or I need to go home (6 hours for a stupid vote) or I need to go to the head of the uni, ask a official document, then go to the city council, ask a paper, and so on...

MyHeartIsYours
4th May 2011, 01:21
Well, if it wasn't "compulsory", I wouldn't vote either :oops:.

I don't have a clue what "AV" is, but I'm hoping for a low turnout then :D

Tut, tut, you should vote out of democratic principle!! NONO :lol:

AV is the voting system that we're voting on changing to on Thursday... apparently if there's a high turnout No will win but if there's a low turnout Yes might :D.

goktengri
4th May 2011, 01:21
I think voting is responsibility. People should care about their country's future :)

seb89
4th May 2011, 01:25
Yes, it's a responsibilty, I totally agree. But since I have to vote, look what happened to my country :) haha! And they always organise it during the exams (stupid politicians :)).

goktengri
4th May 2011, 01:27
In Belgium too! Last time, nobody got a penalty, but still it's compulsory. I don't have a strong opinion if it's good or wrong, they need to change the dates or make an exception for the students, because I hate it when I need to vote during my exams :(. Or I need to go home (6 hours for a stupid vote) or I need to go to the head of the uni, ask a official document, then go to the city council, ask a paper, and so on...

Same problem here ! Election date set to coincide with university exams ! I'm not in university yet but it's clear that they are scared of students' choices :lol:

seb89
Tut, tut, you should vote out of democratic principle!! NONO :lol:

AV is the voting system that we're voting on changing to on Thursday... apparently if there's a high turnout No will win but if there's a low turnout Yes might :D.

Crossing fingers for a low turnout :D! Have fun during your first vote ;)

MyHeartIsYours
And they always organise it during the exams (stupid politicians :)).

Couldnt agree more!! And they always organise Eurovision during exams and it sucks!! :lol: Surely Eurovision would be better in August when everyone's on their holidays relaxing?! :mrgreen:

goktengri
4th May 2011, 01:29
Eurovision in the sumer would be great :D

seb89
4th May 2011, 01:30
I agree :D!

Narmina
4th May 2011, 10:58
^^ ha ha ha )))) but I'm happy that it's in spring...Life is better i spring ;)

Valvejoodik
4th May 2011, 19:55
Today we had a shootout in South Estonia between one criminal and three policemen. Suspect was killed in the firefight, all of the three policemen were also injured, one of them unfortunetly died later in the hospital. :(
First reports indicate that police suspected that man for weapon trafficking. When the policemen wanted to search the house, criminal started shooting from a AK-47...

Incidents like these are extremely rare in Estonia, there was also one this winter but in there only the suspect got injured. As i remember, previous shootings date back to the 90's

Video from the scene: http://www.reporter.ee/2011/05/04/tulevahetuses-haavata-saanud-kapo-mees-suri-haiglas/

doctormalisimo
4th May 2011, 20:02
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/northern_ireland/

Its a rather slow news day where I live.

doctormalisimo
6th May 2011, 22:32
So yesterday was election day in Northern Ireland, and I got to vote for the first time :)
Today the votes are being counted and announced, and it turns out that the candidate I voted for got 0.9% of the vote in my area :( But still I'm glad I voted for him.

MyHeartIsYours
6th May 2011, 22:50
^ Im gutted about the AV referendum, 31% (5,807,086) Yes and 69% (12,570,539) No so we're stuck with First Past The Post for God knows how long :|.
As for the election here, the Labour candidate I voted for gained the seat from the Conservatives so I was happy about that - my council has now changed from Liberal Democrats/Conservatives to Labour. The results for the whole UK have been very interesting however, especially in Scotland.

doctormalisimo
6th May 2011, 23:25
Oh I know, Scottish voters have really thrown a spanner in the works. As for AV, I'm disappointed. It really is a better, fairer system and I think part of the reason it failed is because if it's association with Nick Cameron errrr......I mean Clegg ;)
As for here, there's been complete uproar because it's taken so long to get the votes counted, because there's been so many problems ranging from the frustrating (votes going missing) to the absurd tables collapsing). People here are really angry at how the votes have (not) been counted. Our AV votes haven't even been counted yet. As for me the candidate I voted for will probably be eliminated soon, but I'm hoping my 2nd choice will grab one of the remaining seats. And my party's doing well. Anna Lo (the first Chinese person to be elected to a European parliament) actually topped the poll in South Belfast, which was fantastic :D

MyHeartIsYours
7th May 2011, 00:05
I always have found it ironic however how people voted No cuz they dont like Nick Clegg but then they're siding with the biggest villain of all - David Cameron! :lol:
Yeh I've heard that there's been lots of problems in Northern Ireland - it does sound really crazy! You just better vote Yes for AV then maybe we can get over the 6 million mark :p. I must say though that I dont understand how the voting is going there - Im almost sure that at first BBC said Sinn Fein were first and Ulster Unionists second but since then it's changed. Maybe I was seeing things! :lol: Im happy at how well the Alliance are doing in Belfast - last year in East Belfast was a great moment for British politics ;).

Valvejoodik
21st May 2011, 10:43
In Tallinn, we are currently lifting the world's oldest still operational and floating submarine out of the water to transport it to the new maritime museum.
Submarine was built in 1936 in the UK at Vickers and Armstrongs Ltd. facility. She is 600 tons heavy and although the plan was to get her out of the water already during the night, the works are still going on and probably continue all the day...

LIVE VIDEO FEED: http://www.delfi.ee/news/paevauudised/eesti/otse-allveelaev-lembitut-oo-jooksul-kaldale-ei-saadud.d?id=46340389&l=fplead

The museum, what is almost finished, is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1hcOQbpfSM&feature=related
These hangars were built in 1916 and were the first shell concrete buildings ever. The restoration works are almost finished and hopefully the whole museum will be opened next year.

Charly
21st May 2011, 12:27
In Rabat & Sale we are celebrating of the opening of the first tram in these 2 cities.

In Rabat every night there will be singing around the City as Shakira, Kanye West, Cat Stevens, Yves LaRock and others will be singing.

Atsu
21st May 2011, 12:38
This is what is going on in my country this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar2nmOQZEjw&feature=related

And the demonstration live http://www.soltv.tv

For the first time in a long time I'm proud of Spanish citizens :) (not of our politicians and media, sadly).

EDIT. I add a new document http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/05/a-defiant-spanish-revolution/100070/

doctormalisimo
21st May 2011, 15:12
A bomb has just gone off in my city. No injuries though :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-13485267

doctormalisimo
21st May 2011, 15:16
This is what is going on in my country this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar2nmOQZEjw&feature=related

And the demonstration live http://www.soltv.tv

For the first time in a long time I'm proud of Spanish citizens :) (not of our politicians and media, sadly).

EDIT. I add a new document http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/05/a-defiant-spanish-revolution/100070/
I was there last year :D

r3gg13
21st May 2011, 16:51
Arnold Schwarzenegger and his out of wedlock child is all over the TV and Internets.

He was supposed to have a children's cartoon show, with him as a superhero, but that's cancelled because of this whole shebang.

So, that's one of the things circulating in the news feed.

MyHeartIsYours
23rd May 2011, 00:34
Super-injunctions used by celebrities who've had affairs is at the top of the news, a Scottish newspaper has named a footballer who had an affair with Big Brother star Imogen Thomas - as the super-injunction bans all reporting of the footballer the newspaper is likely to get into really serious trouble!

An Icelandic volcano has begun erupting and it's possible that ash will reach the United Kingdom by Tuesday.

President Obama is visiting this week and is going to speak to Parliament as well as meet with HM The Queen :D.

The evaluation of the Royal visit to Ireland is taking place with many saying that this few-day visit has done more good for the relations and peace than the decade-plus of negotiations and agreement from the mid-1990's onwards.

A pod of 60 Pilot Whales are continuing to enter and leave a sea loch in Scotland causing fears about them stranding. Many have bodily injuries after attempts to strand on the rocky shore and unfortunately one of them has died, most likely from disease. Rescuers are waiting onshore to rescue any whales that may become stranded.

Interrail
23rd May 2011, 11:50
In Serbia some big parties going on:D Last Weekend there was 'Sesation' (White), with 20.000 ppl in the Arena, it was biggest party in country (if we don't count EXIT, but that's festival). I didn't go to Sensation, although I wanted, my budget was small this month and ticket costed 70eur, also...I didn't have anything white to wear...which is obligatory at Sensation, lol.
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1808/144173whitesensationzur.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/144173whitesensationzur.jpg/)
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2112/144175whitesensationzur.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/144175whitesensationzur.jpg/)
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4802/144165whitesensation019.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/144165whitesensation019.jpg/)
Next big moving party will be next week - 'Gumball' party, with many VIPs comming, London-Paris-Barcelona-Monaco-Venice-Belgrade-Istanbul. The reason they choose Belgrade was that 'ppl in Bgd r known with party-culture and go out a lot'. I think it's good for young ppl here to listen to smth else then turbo-folk;) And these parties r really good introduction and heat up for up-coming festivals, like EXIT8-):twisted:

MyHeartIsYours
31st May 2011, 11:57
Today marks the centenary of the launch of RMS Titanic. The ship was launched in Belfast on 31 May 1911 by Harland & Wolff, then the largest shipyard in the world. To commemorate the event a religious service will be held at the docks and a flare will be set off at 1213 BST, the exact time of the launch a century on, which took only 62 seconds.
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/53065000/jpg/_53065235_newtonardsmural_getty.jpg

The FA has said that it wishes for FIFA to postpone its Presidential election set for Wednesday, instead wanting an independent body set-up to investigate corruption allegations.

An assisted suicide campaigner, Dr Ann McPherson, has died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 65.

The X Factor judging panal has been revealed; Louis Walsh, Gary Barlow, Kelly Rowland and Tulisa Contostavlos. They are replacing former judges Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue.

Mark-ESC14
31st May 2011, 18:08
At the moment Ratko Mladic is transferred to the Hague to face his trail at the Yugoslavia Tribunal.

MyHeartIsYours
1st June 2011, 12:31
A hospital of horrors has been uncovered by the BBC in Bristol where mental health patients where 'tortured', abused and bullied by carers. 4 people have now been arrested.
I've seen the clips, it's actually really disturbing...

goktengri
1st June 2011, 17:06
Erdogan was attacked by some dissidents in Hopa where he went to make a rally ( a teacher was died because of heart attack in the square ). Some Socialist organizations made protests in Istanbul, Izmir, Eskisehir and Ankara. And the Armed Forces had some clashes with pkk terrorists. Other than them, summer season has started :mrgreen: Antalya and Mugla began to be filled by tourists :D

Valvejoodik
1st June 2011, 18:21
A hospital of horrors has been uncovered by the BBC in Bristol where mental health patients where 'tortured', abused and bullied by carers. 4 people have now been arrested.
I've seen the clips, it's actually really disturbing...
Hmm, if i remember correctly then one Estonian also used to work there few months ago. Estonian newspaper had a interview with him about where he mentioned the situation of patients :/

Anyway, if someone is interested, then here's the video of lifting the submarine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7qggbTSJ9Y

vatroslav_cro
4th June 2011, 11:52
The main news today (and also this weekend) here is visitation of Pope Benedict XVI to Croatia. Welcome, Holy Father and I hope you will feel good and nice here:) I ll go to the mass tomorrow in Zagreb.

Jukica
4th June 2011, 12:00
The main news today (and also this weekend) here is visitation of Pope Benedict XVI to Croatia. Welcome, Holy Father and I hope you will feel good and nice here:) I ll go to the mass tomorrow in Zagreb.

Just wanted to write the same :lol: but I won't go to the mass tomorrow ... you'll go to Hipodrom or?

vatroslav_cro
4th June 2011, 17:14
Yes I will. If you will change your mind and come, call me:) (I ll PM my phone number to you and you can call me so we could meet for a while)

Narmina
4th June 2011, 18:10
Nothing special..People are plannig their shedule for summer vacation

Interrail
5th June 2011, 20:07
Well, not today, but yesterday we had 'Clean Up Serbia' day (it's an action/day established since last year, when everybody who want go out and clean some garbage in street, city, village, road...etc.). It's very massive action and this year 270.000 ppl went out to clean 3.000 locations around country. If we do it every year, there will be less to clean every year.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQycL6WsbGLF_-36_pUas30pEY_2r6YknjWy-7LRI9i4p-LcBANhttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzJPwUzgc9FsCntN41n7mkx46bZ5chp xXGqY5U4f_NDksq7UG5

Valvejoodik
6th June 2011, 08:17
Well, not today, but yesterday we had 'Clean Up Serbia' day (it's an action/day established since last year, when everybody who want go out and clean some garbage in street, city, village, road...etc.). It's very massive action and this year 270.000 ppl went out to clean 3.000 locations around country. If we do it every year, there will be less to clean every year.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQycL6WsbGLF_-36_pUas30pEY_2r6YknjWy-7LRI9i4p-LcBANhttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzJPwUzgc9FsCntN41n7mkx46bZ5chp xXGqY5U4f_NDksq7UG5
All that began from a similar project from Estonia :D

MyHeartIsYours
6th June 2011, 09:43
Today is the 67th anniversary of the D Day invasion of Normandy by Allied forces which eventually led to the freedom of Western Europe from Nazi rule.

Simon Cowell is in talks with Cheryl Cole to bring her back to the judging panel on The X Factor.

Interrail
6th June 2011, 11:57
All that began from a similar project from Estonia :D

Yes, our ministry said this action is done by Estonian experience, who 1st started such actions several years ago, when whole country was cleaned in 1 day.
And one other project that we look up Estonia is: e-government (I think it's some software that Estonian president donated us). Well, Estonia is really good model for how things should work:D

nikolay_BG
6th June 2011, 17:46
Nothing much happens in Bulgaria now. We wait for the big circus in the summer that usually comes with our presidential elections. We know 2 of the candidates - Volen Siderov ( a stupid racist douchebag that hates turks ) and Meglena Kuneva (the former bulgarian euro-commisioner, european of 2008, she also has ordens from Spain, France, Portugal, Italy and many other awards)... we are still wating the other candidates

Michelangelo
6th June 2011, 19:16
::se Today is 6th of June, which means Sweden celebrates its national day.

vatroslav_cro
6th June 2011, 22:52
::se Today is 6th of June, which means Sweden celebrates its national day.

Congratulations! Is it like Independence day or something similar maybe?

Narmina
7th June 2011, 08:35
Congratulations Sweden!

r3gg13
8th June 2011, 06:47
The Weinergate scandal. :lol:. American politics is American politics :lol:

seb89
8th June 2011, 13:03
^I have to say: that's hilarious what he did!!! I love the part when he started to cry hahahahahaha!

MyHeartIsYours
8th June 2011, 13:17

He's amazing; I wish we had politicians like him here :mrgreen:. Well we do, but they're all fat and ugly here, not like him ;) :lol:.

seb89
8th June 2011, 13:25
Well we do, but they're all fat and ugly here, not like him ;) :lol:.

Same over here, a few exeptions, but mainly fat and ugly or even creepy.

r3gg13
8th June 2011, 22:00
@Seb and Adam: It was really funny, we can see to that he leans to the left (I'm gonna stop there before it gets racy) :mrgreen:. It was ridiculously funny what he did, and his last name kinda matches what he did. xrollinglol. Oh America. We have him, Palin, Blagojevic and other funny ones. In general though, we have fat and old politician unless they are Rahm Emanuel (Chicago's mayor), Sam Adams (Portland's mayor), or the tons of women who look great :D. In general, I think that the women politicians here are pretty good looking ;)

On other news, FOX news accidentally used Tina Fey's photo to ID Sarah Palin. It was hilarious
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/fox-news-sarah-palin-tina-fey.jpg

doctormalisimo
9th June 2011, 00:42
The Weiner Scandal was brilliant. The most scandalous thing any politician here has done recently was buying a duck house with taxpayers money.

And isnt everything Fox News do hilarious?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMP7Ys57ha4

MyHeartIsYours
10th June 2011, 02:10
Today HRH Prince Philip is 90. Happy Birthday to him! :mrgreen:

Israeliboy
11th June 2011, 08:09
Israel ranked first as the most addicted country to FaceBook lol ;)

http://www.comscoredatamine.com/2011/06/average-time-spent-on-social-networking-sites-across-geographies/

:)

Grinch
11th June 2011, 21:16

I like USA. Even your politicians are like LA celebrities :lol:

Valvejoodik
14th June 2011, 10:54
In Estonia it is memorial day.

70 Years ago, 14. June 1941. Stalin's mass deportations from all the occupied countries took place.

Wikipedia:
On June 14, 1941, and the following two days, 9,254–10,861 people, mostly urban residents, of them over 5,000 women and over 2,500 children under 16, 439 Jews (more than 10% of the Estonian Jewish population) were deported, mostly to Kirov Oblast, Novosibirsk Oblast or prisons. Three hundred were shot. Only 4,331 persons have ever returned to Estonia. 11,102 people were to be deported from Estonia according to the order of June 13, but some managed to escape. Identical deportations were carried out in Latvia and Lithuania at the same time. Few weeks later, approximately 1,000 people were arrested on Saaremaa for deportation, but the Great Patriotic War started for the Soviet Union and a considerable part of the prisoners were freed by the advancing German forces.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_deportations_from_Estonia

You can see the cattle wagon below what was used to transport people to Siberia.
http://y.delfi.ee/norm/213683/11481775_DXTz7e.jpeg

MyHeartIsYours
14th June 2011, 11:26
^ You cant believe that such things would happen, especially when the Soviet Union was fighting the Nazis...

A new documentary about assisted suicide by Sir Terry Pratchett has been shown on BBC and is the second time that somebody dying has been shown on British television. Pratchett, who has Alzheimer's disease, wanted to explore the options available for people who wish to take assisted suicide, most have to go to Switzerland in order to do it legally. (I watched it and didnt like it, in fact, it's turned me against euthanasia and assisted suicide I think).

Prime Minister David Cameron has announced that the United Kingdom is giving £841 million to vaccination programs around the world in order to fight diseases such as pneumonia. He said it was our 'moral duty' despite the fact that there are budgetary constraints at home and the £841m is more than double the United States', France's and Germany's pledges combined. (Oh the UK is such a monster...)

doctormalisimo
14th June 2011, 13:25
^ironic how Cameron is supporting the vaccination programme while simultaneously destroying the NHS.

ParadiseES
14th June 2011, 15:41
In Spain, as always, politicians are still unable to make agreements for the country. Conservative oppositors are just waiting for the next elections cause they are sure they will win, so don't think they should help now... Now we have crisis in justice (they don't agree to renew the Constitucional Court) added to the economical one......

And it's DAY 2 after conservative PP is ruling 45/52 capitals..... :S Thank God Zaragoza is one of the few that remains with socialists...
But okay, we'll still alive, don't know for how much time! :lol:

goktengri
14th June 2011, 16:23
There was a conflict between security forces and PKK terrorists in Sivas' imranli district. 3 terrorists were killed by Turkish troops. Military operations are continuing in the area.

MyHeartIsYours
15th June 2011, 01:41
^ironic how Cameron is supporting the vaccination programme while simultaneously destroying the NHS.
Ohhhh, controversy! :lol: :D

@Pablo
What happened with all those protests in Spain? It was all over the news but then suddenly seemed to stop and I dont know what happened! At one point people were saying there was gunna be a European strike!

In the United Kingdom:
- The government has agreed to major concessions on health care reform.
- MP's have voted to continue giving Aid to India at present levels although it will be scaled down from 2015 onwards due to Indian's economic boom.
- Not in the United Kingdom but I thought Id mention it: Hugh Hefner's wedding the Crystal Harris has been called off. Hugh tweeted: "The wedding is off. Crystal has had a change of heart." Awwwwww, poor Hugh! :lol:

goktengri
16th June 2011, 15:54
http://media.ntvmsnbc.com/j/NTVMSNBC/Components/ArtAndPhoto-Fronts/Sections-StoryLevel/K%C3%BClt%C3%BCr%20Sanat/Televizyon/110615-TRVZYON3.hlarge.jpg

Turkicvision Song Contest is being organized in Denizli. It is a small song contest ( Turkish version of Eurovision :D ) and Turkish language is used. Luminiţa Anghel and Eldar & Nigar also performed there :D

Participant nations are; Georgia, Kosovo, Bashkortostan, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Greece, Kazakhstan, Northern Cyprus, Kygryzstan, Crimea, Macedonia, Gagauzia, Uzbekistan, Romania, Russia, Tatarstan and East Turkestan.

doctormalisimo
16th June 2011, 15:55
Greece participate alongside Northern Cyrpus?!? That's rather impressive of them....

goktengri
16th June 2011, 15:58
sounds surprising but it's not actually a political contest, nations are represented not states

doctormalisimo
16th June 2011, 16:02
sounds surprising but it's not actually a political contest, nations are represented not states

Sounds better than Eurovision :mrgreen:

Yamarus
16th June 2011, 18:18
Owww I love mini-versions of the ESC! Do they also use a "1-8-10-12" system? Is it like Bündesvision in Germany?

Matt
16th June 2011, 18:22

It's still going on. He is now stepping down!

goktengri
16th June 2011, 18:28
Owww I love mini-versions of the ESC! Do they also use a "1-8-10-12" system? Is it like Bündesvision in Germany?

probably but I don't know details because it is not so popular

Asiye
17th June 2011, 07:27
Nowadays we have worldwide famous guests in Turkey :) Yesterday Ricky Martin came to Turkey for a concert. Today Anjelina Jolie is coming to visit Syrian refugees in Hatay and Cristiano Ronaldo is coming for business and holiday. He is going to stay in a yatch in Bodrum with his girlfriend for one week.

MyHeartIsYours
17th June 2011, 13:54
It's still going on. He is now stepping down!

Awww what a shame! Someone shouted pervert too him, I think it's been totally blown out of proportion! I mean it was only pictures, how does that affect his ability to do politics I dont know! Imo these sort of things are nothing to do with the public!

In the United Kingdom, Argentina has begun threatening us over the Falkland Islands again.

And Prince Harry is going out to fight in Afghanistan, brave man!

Grinch
17th June 2011, 17:48
Concerts (the most popular ones) in Istanbul

June 18: Ricky Martin
June 19: Sonisphere (Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Slipknot, Mastodon, In Flames)
June 19: Tiesto
June 20: Amy Winehouse

Israeliboy
19th June 2011, 05:38
Shakira is coming to Israel. Bob Dylan will have a concert here tomorrow
Julio Iglesias and Justin Bieber had concerts here last month :)

The important for me are Roxette and Duran Duran who will have concerts here too :)

Interrail
19th June 2011, 17:48
^Haha, funny u guys mention Shakira and Amy Winehouse..because:
Last night Amy Winehouse had 'concert' in Belgrade Kalemegdan fortress...it was a complete complete disaster (it's in all Serbian newspapers today).
She was extremely drunk or on drugs or both..as she couldn't walk nor stand (only teetering and sitting), didn't manage to sing even 1 song fully, she only gave attempts of recitals of few chorus and disappearing from stage occasionally, leaving the band to play alone (poor band!), and then when 1 backing vocals asked her smth she throw a glass on him and later throw shoes on some ppl from her band. When she was starting to 'sing' (actually recitals)...she forgot lyrics and literally was only mumbling...nobody even understood what she was 'talking' before she throw microphone as well, the whole thing lasted only 1h 11 min, then she left stage and left fans outraged and shocked.
Recently Shakira had concert in Belgrade Arena, it was great (from what I hard), she's real professional, so I'd recommend this.

Sabiondo
19th June 2011, 18:52
^Haha, funny u guys mention Shakira and Amy Winehouse..because:
Last night Amy Winehouse had 'concert' in Belgrade Kalemegdan fortress...it was a complete complete disaster (it's in all Serbian newspapers today).
She was extremely drunk or on drugs or both..as she couldn't walk nor stand (only teetering and sitting), didn't manage to sing even 1 song fully, she only gave attempts of recitals of few chorus and disappearing from stage occasionally, leaving the band to play alone (poor band!), and then when 1 backing vocals asked her smth she throw a glass on him and later throw shoes on some ppl from her band. When she was starting to 'sing' (actually recitals)...she forgot lyrics and literally was only mumbling...nobody even understood what she was 'talking' before she throw microphone as well, the whole thing lasted only 1h 11 min, then she left stage and left fans outraged and shocked.

Amy down fall never will ends...

Grinch
19th June 2011, 21:09
Amy cancels the European tour.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/atlanta-music/amy-winehouse-cancels-part-980995.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNAEoogXTY4

I like her songs and voice but she's wasting herself. I assume she is gonna die from overdose in a few years and like all the stars who died young, she'll be a legend :roll:

Yamarus
19th June 2011, 22:48
I think Amy Winehouse's case is really sad. That woman has an absolutely tremendous voice, and she's thrown it all down the gutter. But when her number one hit's called "Rehab", one doesn't wonder...

Milos-BC
20th June 2011, 10:15
The concert of Amy Winehouse is said to be the worst in the history of Belgrade! And I am not surprised I was just ROFL when I saw (and heard) what she had to offer. My condolences to people who bought the tickets, although some people that I know and that went to the concert told me they want "real Amy" I don't know why are they disappointed now. They got what they paid for.

MyHeartIsYours
20th June 2011, 11:57
I thought that she'd quit the drugs, obviously not :(.

Hegepege
20th June 2011, 20:09
The big thing going on here these days, is the TV-documentary of the boat-trip between Bergen in the west, and Kirkenes in the north of Norway. It's a minute by minute live broadcast, and the entire thing takes days! The boat just left my city, and is heading further north. It's been a glorious trip so far, the norwegian coastline is quite pretty :)

http://www.nrk.no/hurtigruten/

r3gg13
20th June 2011, 22:36
In LA Times,

Researches are saying that the our women's life expectancy is going down because of health risks associated with obesity.

On a happier note, Gabrielle Giffords is recovering well, and is going home after her physical therapy session in Houston, Texas

MyHeartIsYours
21st June 2011, 02:20
Riots have erupted in Belfast :(. People's homes have been bombed, police have been attacked and the two communities are fighting on the streets. Paint bombs, petrol bombs and pipe bombs have been used as well as bricks, bats and the usual assortment of weapons.
Cant believe this is happening again, for God's sake are Protestants and Catholics, Unionists and Nationalists, the United Kingdom and Ireland really that different?!! Such people are disgraceful!

The government is trying to reform public-sector pensions for women to bring them in line with men much quicker. There's lots of opposition but the government say they're not going to back down. I hope they dont, the sooner equality is achieved, the better imo!

'Jail discounts' proposed by the government, which would have seen criminals that plead guilty for serious crimes have their sentences halved are set to be scrapped. I think that's silly - it'd lead to much more crime being uncovered with less affect on the victim so Id support the measure.

doctormalisimo
21st June 2011, 11:39
Riots have erupted in Belfast :(. People's homes have been bombed, police have been attacked and the two communities are fighting on the streets. Paint bombs, petrol bombs and pipe bombs have been used as well as bricks, bats and the usual assortment of weapons.
Cant believe this is happening again, for God's sake are Protestants and Catholics, Unionists and Nationalists, the United Kingdom and Ireland really that different?!! Such people are disgraceful!

And that's why Derry > Belfast :D

MyHeartIsYours
21st June 2011, 12:42
And that's why Derry > Belfast :D

What about Titanic though?! :twisted:

doctormalisimo
21st June 2011, 12:48
What about Titanic though?! :twisted:

Belfast has never produced an ESC winner.

Israeliboy
21st June 2011, 16:45
Shakira in Israel with her bf

http://www.ynet.co.il/PicServer2/13062011/3282111/1_gd.jpg
Shakira and our president

http://www.ynet.co.il/PicServer2/13062011/3279907/AP0XOB103-Main-2011-06-20T16-11-58.657Z267540_wa.jpg

http://www.ynet.co.il/PicServer2/13062011/3279920/AP0XOB105-Main-2011-06-20T16-27-17.010Z267662_wa.jpg

http://www.ynet.co.il/PicServer2/13062011/3279899/AP0XOB101-Main-2011-06-20T16-13-03.967Z267542_wa.jpg

Also, Bob Dylan had a concert here yesterday ;)

doctormalisimo
21st June 2011, 16:48
Shakira in Israel with her bf
http://www.ynet.co.il/PicServer2/13062011/3282111/1_gd.jpg

I thought this was her boyfriend :lol:

Israeliboy
21st June 2011, 16:50
I thought this was her boyfriend :lol:

lol..our president is lucky...he meet all the famous people who come here....

seb89
22nd June 2011, 02:42
This evening there was a free open air concert Aloe Blacc, Tom Dice, Selah Sue, Yael Naim, Christophe Maé, Yannick Noah, Nolwenn Leroy, Stromae, Colonel Reyel,...) on Place des Palais (in front of the Royal Palace) in Brussels, because it was 'Fête de la Musique'! First was said that 22.000 - 24.000 people would come, but finally they anounced that more than 50.000 people were present. Everything went fine and the concerts were really good :)! It was the first time I saw so many of my idols together lol :D

My favorite :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6myRc8o34

Interrail
22nd June 2011, 10:46
^Stromae is awesome:D
I hard about this 'world music day' (it was yesterday), in Belgrade there were just small concerts in different public locations (more like bit of fun, instead of real celebration:/ ).
I think most noticed were orchestras who played classical music from balconies of Music Center (Kolarac) yesterday evening.
http://www.vesti-online.com/data/images/2011-06-20/158981_svetskidanmuzikeubeogradu53_kf.jpg?ver=1308 573996

Israeliboy
22nd June 2011, 12:31
Mhhh...Sirens go off around Israel as security drill goes national. Sirens went off on Wednesday throughout the country, at 11 a.m. as part of a national emergency drill that began Sunday and is to last through Thursday. The authorities asked people to enter protected spaces when they heard the siren. Another siren will be heard at 7.00 p.m. today!

And it's 40c in Eilat, southern Israeli city!

Shimon Peres' Presidential Conference in Jersualem. Singer Shakira, comedian Sarah Silverman are just some of the international guests attending the annual three-day conference.

http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.369046!/image/579995962.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_468/579995962.jpg
Tony Blair

http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.369042!/image/3260236691.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_468/3260236691.jpg
Shakira

http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.369043!/image/3429963686.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_468/3429963686.jpg
Shakira and Sara

MyHeartIsYours
22nd June 2011, 13:07
^ Yaaay, Tony! :D

Interrail
23rd June 2011, 00:29
Not much going on atm...
But this was most interesting what Serbian e-portals transferred today (from "Chelsea Lately" show on "E!"TV)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD702esi4C8
I don't know what to say, maybe...:lol: + xpuke

MyHeartIsYours
23rd June 2011, 00:54
^ Sometimes jokes can go too far :(. That's really offensive, I mean if I heard someone say that about the UK Id be very offended. I never have got why people find offensive stuff funny, I certainly never have.

r3gg13
23rd June 2011, 02:56
^
I feel ashamed to be an American right now, their "joke" went way too far. That's down right insensitive and ridiculous. 1 more reason why I don't like E!

-------

Different tangent,

Cigarettes will have graphic warnings on the packets starting fall of 2012. The sample images are circulating on the news now, fairly graphic stuff.

MyHeartIsYours
23rd June 2011, 12:39
The government has said that it is talking with the Taliban and that British troops are going to withdraw from Afghanistan in a phased withdrawal along with the United States and France.

The government has announced 8 sites across the United Kingdom where the new generation of nuclear power stations will be located.

Fourteen children's agencies missed many opportunities to save a three-year old boy who was murdered by carers after his mother said she couldnt cope.

The remains of 17 Jewish bodies have been found at the bottom of a medieval well in Norwich - they were most likely the victims of persecution which was widespread across Europe during the middle-ages.

doctormalisimo
23rd June 2011, 12:51
^
Different tangent,

Cigarettes will have graphic warnings on the packets starting fall of 2012. The sample images are circulating on the news now, fairly graphic stuff.
We have that here too. You cant buy a packet of cigarettes without looking at some diseased body part on the front. I dont smoke but even I'm against them as I spend a lot of time with smokers and have to look at these graphics :(

MyHeartIsYours
23rd June 2011, 12:54
I think it's good, if they dont wanna look like that themselves then the simple answer is dont smoke.

doctormalisimo
23rd June 2011, 12:57
I think it's good, if they dont wanna look like that themselves then the simple answer is dont smoke.

But they're offensive to non-smokers too.
We dont wanna put in (graphic images), theyre killing the groove.

MyHeartIsYours
23rd June 2011, 12:59
But they're offensive to non-smokers too.
We dont wanna put in (graphic images), theyre killing the groove.
But I think it's more offensive to us non-smokers to have our health damaged by the people who do smoke than to see some images of black lungs or something ;).

MyHeartIsYours
24th June 2011, 01:56
MP's have voted to ban the use of animals in circuses - it's not an official vote but has put more pressure on the government to come up with a ban.

Scotland is the place in the world with the most cocaine consumption :lol:. Also heroin use there is twice as high as the rest of the United Kingdom.

Grinch
24th June 2011, 02:35
There is a petition for Chelsea to apologize to Serbian people.

http://www.change.org/petitions/boycott-of-the-television-station-e-until-chelsea-handler-apologizes-to-the-serbian-people?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=own_wall

Valvejoodik
24th June 2011, 21:09
There is a petition for Chelsea to apologize to Serbian people.

http://www.change.org/petitions/boycott-of-the-television-station-e-until-chelsea-handler-apologizes-to-the-serbian-people?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=own_wall

Signed! :D

r3gg13
25th June 2011, 04:50
New York's senate legalized same sex marriage!

doctormalisimo
25th June 2011, 14:13
New York's senate legalized same sex marriage!

Equality xheart.

r3gg13
25th June 2011, 20:52
Equality xheart.

YESSS!!

doctormalisimo
30th June 2011, 14:33
Some results of the Irish census have been revealed, and Ireland now has about 4.6 million people and had a staggering 8% growth since 2006 - the fastest growing country in Europe :o http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0630/census.html

goktengri
2nd July 2011, 12:38
Mourning day here, Turkey commemorates Sivas massacre. 18 years ago today, 37 Alevi intellectual and civilians were killed when a mob of fucking sunni islamist terrorist muslim sons of a bitch set fire to the hotel where the group had assembled. After lengthy court proceedings, the State Security Court sentenced 33 killers to death on 28 November 1997 for their roles in the massacre; 31 of these sentences were upheld in a 2001 appeal. When Turkey overturned the death penalty just over a year later in 2002, the sentences were commuted to life in prison.

It was defined as a attack directly against the secular and kemalist regime. I'm ashamed to be born on this day. But they can never stop the bards of the sun with their fire-holding hands ! It is raining in 2011's july, I wish it rained in 1993's july ! :(

Charly
2nd July 2011, 13:27
Celebrating a historic day after new reforms is put in place after referendum.

MyHeartIsYours
2nd July 2011, 15:10
Today is London Pride :D.

doctormalisimo
4th July 2011, 13:05
RIP President Obama, assassinated on Independence Day, apparently
http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/hacked-fox-news-twitter-feed-reports-death-of-president-obama-1.371349

Charly
4th July 2011, 13:28
Protest claiming that the refrendum results has been corrupted.

This is all lies The February 20th Movement claiming it is corrupted but it is not.

We have voted fairly and the results being 98% is true as we have been watched and observed by US, France, UK, EU & UN and The results are NOT Corrupted but it is the true results.

The February 20h Movement leader Idrissi ought to be arrested.

doctormalisimo
4th July 2011, 13:53
^ but then that would go against Freedom of Speech...

GRE
4th July 2011, 18:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azjmvm6Hxg4&feature=related

Mark-ESC14
4th July 2011, 20:07
Radtko Mladic is in court at the moment at the Yugoslavia tribunal at the Hague. Just heard it escallated a bit, he refused to listen to the charges without his attorney being there.
Then the judge decided to remove him from court.

MyHeartIsYours
4th July 2011, 22:34
A British soldier who went missing from his base in the early hours of this morning has been found dead in Afghanistan, the 375th British military death in the country. Prime Minister David Cameron, who's visiting soldiers in Afghanistan, has said that he's 'deeply saddened' by the news. The Taliban earlier claimed responsibility for the death.

A man from Pembroke Dock has been cleared of raping a 16 year old girl because he suffers from 'sexsomnia' which means he has sex whilst asleep. The condition is believed to affect one in 25 people.

goktengri
5th July 2011, 12:02
Turkey is shaken by cheating scandal in Turkish league

An operation that was launched Sunday morning into match-fixing allegations in Turkish football's first division expanded in the afternoon, with three club presidents taken under custody and locations raided in 12 provinces.

Fenerbahçe Sports Club President Aziz Yildirim was first to be detained in a probe into match-fixing allegations in the Turkish football league. Police also conducted searches at Beşiktaş, Trabzonspor, Sivasspor headquarters and Turkish Football Federation offices early Sunday.

Fenerbahçe High Commission Chairman Yükse Günay, on the other hand, said this was an "ugly" incident and an example of a "police state." He said there was no match fixing to be investigated.

It is my duty to show the world that Turkey is a fascist dictatorial police state. They touched the biggest and the most modern club of Turkey. Fenerbahce is wanted to fall down, but I believe my great team will never be captured of fascists... We are with you Yildirim !

Yamarus
5th July 2011, 12:21
The Belgian political crisis continues. 'Formateur' (charged with forming a government) Elio Di Rupo has made his note public, in which he lays out his project to reform the institutions and adress the economic crisis. Chances are high that it'll be rejected, even though the press on both sides (Flemish and French-speaking) is surprisingly positive about it.

Grinch
6th July 2011, 03:59
::us The jury found Casey Anthony not guilty of murder :shock: :?

MyHeartIsYours
7th July 2011, 01:37
The phone-hacking scandal by News International is the top of the News here. It's reminding me more and more of the expenses scandal as more and more horrors are uncovered every minute!
So far, it seems the following have been hacked:
- The families of dead soldiers.
- Milly Dowler, whilst she lay dead.
- The family of the murder girls in Soham.
- Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne.
- Celebrities.
- Politicians.

The top 3 are so shocking, you cant believe it =//.

Simon87
7th July 2011, 03:18
Today starts EXIT Festival :D

Charly
7th July 2011, 13:33
We are with you Yildirim !

Im with you there :D

::ma - As Always we are hosting Equestrian Events :D

MyHeartIsYours
7th July 2011, 15:23
Today is the 6th anniversary of the London Terror Attacks :(. I remember that day like it was only yesterday...

lowyby
7th July 2011, 16:03
About the note Yamarus was talking about : all Flemmish labor unions are rejecting it with hard critics ; I dunno about the Wallonian ones.

About the political parties : All Wallonian ones accept the
The Flemmish ones ; NVA (got 35% of the votes) said radically no.
All the other Flemmish parties want to negotiate about it but only with the NVA

There are already rumors for again (idk it's the thirth time now I think) elections.
My honest opinion is that this game runned already to long & Flanders & Wallonia got to separate (Would be an extra song tho in Eurovision ;d)

seb89
7th July 2011, 19:12
About the note Yamarus was talking about : all Flemmish labor unions are rejecting it with hard critics ; I dunno about the Wallonian ones.

About the political parties : All Wallonian ones accept the
The Flemmish ones ; NVA (got 35% of the votes) said radically no.
All the other Flemmish parties want to negotiate about it but only with the NVA

There are already rumors for again (idk it's the thirth time now I think) elections.
My honest opinion is that this game runned already to long & Flanders & Wallonia got to separate (Would be an extra song tho in Eurovision ;d)

I find it sad, I really would have been happy if Elio Di Rupo became prime minister :(.

Two Flemish parties want to negotiate (socialist & liberals), the christian party doesn't want to negotiate without the NV-A because they like licking the NV-A a*rses...

Just kick out FDF & NV-A and we have a government :D.

I don't wanna split :(.

Yamarus
7th July 2011, 19:18
The NVA is getting closer to its goal: the end of Belgium. It makes me sad too.

Interrail
7th July 2011, 21:56
As Simon said, EXIT festival started today, gates r open few hours ago...and tonight I'll watch concerts cause RTS will broadcast during night. This year 20.000 visitors r expected.
2 Pics from the EXIT village earlier this week, before it started...
http://www.blic.rs/data/images/2011-07-04/155779_zabkamp-foto-blic-j-jaric_f.jpg?ver=1310033824
http://b92s.net/pics/gallery/2011/07/14646140494e158bb72e6a9924007346.jpg

Grinch
7th July 2011, 22:48
^ You're lucky that the weather is good. Once I was in a festival, it was pouring rain, everywhere was muddy, staying in tent at night was funny.

Interrail
8th July 2011, 00:02
^July is always hot and dry in here, weather is usually good;)
But its not a big deal even if gets muddy, look at Glastonbury - one of the best festivals, despite tons of mud and rain:)

Jukica
8th July 2011, 17:08
Heat and missing of Antonia Bilić mostly :/

MyHeartIsYours
9th July 2011, 03:22
Our Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate, have just touched down in Los Angeles on a trip to California following their 9-day visit to Canada :D.
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2011/news/110718/prince-william-la-300.jpg

The century old News Of The World will be printing its last edition on Sunday due to the phone-hacking scandal. This has really annoyed me, the management are trying to save their own backs by punishing their workers and readers, argh! :mad:

r3gg13
12th July 2011, 21:23
In California, there's a proposition to divide the state into two, South California (where I live) and North California. I don't like that idea. It's all because of budget and tax issue. The 13 southern counties are not getting enough funding from the state, and more funds are being diverted from SoCal. No me gusta!!!

I doubt that this will ever happen, the politicians tried to divide California back in 65 and 92. It didn't happen.

I want my California in 1 piece!!!

Magizian
12th July 2011, 22:54
In Denmark, I had a Whopper for dinner :lol:

http://www.cyklopuniverse.dk/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/whopper-sacrifice1.jpg

vatroslav_cro
12th July 2011, 23:51
In Croatia? Nothing really new.
So damn hot these days (30-35°C),
Sooooo many news about trials all around (so called anti-corruption ones...politicians, ex enterpreneurs, even
military officers on highest positions are "in focus" ... seems that half of the people here will be prisoned soon, hahahhaha lol),
Adriatic region full of tourists, (big traffic jams on main roads to the sea....)
These are the "main" points:)

MyHeartIsYours
13th July 2011, 15:54
United Kingdom

NewsCorp has withdrawn its bid for BSkyB after pressure all three major parties as well as the government xcheer.

Unemployment has fallen by a further 26000.

More riots in Belfast and Londonderry, the police have used water cannons and 26 people have been arrested.

A British tickets has won the £161 million EuroMillions lottery ticket... shame it wasnt me! :( :lol:

Interrail
13th July 2011, 18:12
Temperatures around 40°C, very hot!
(fortunately no fires, I hope it stays like that).

goktengri
13th July 2011, 18:37
::tr

We have not seen the real summer yet, it's still hot a bit but the weather is windy sometimes. ( it's around 25-30c )

One of the worst news of the week is that a 31 years old women has lost her life because of intracranial hemorrhage in Bodrum while she was swimming. People complain about weak and poor hospitals in Mugla.

61st government of Turkish Republic took the motion of confidence by 322 votes. 173 deputies voted against but it was necessary for AKP, as it passed 275.

Trabzon is hosting European Youth Olympic Festival on 23 July.

Apart from them, the media is still discussing chicane operations in football. And coastal regions of the country is hosting a great tourist interest.

MyHeartIsYours
14th July 2011, 02:18
I want my California in 1 piece!!!
I understand you totally, I want my UK in one piece too :(.

-

The High Court has deferred a decision on the appeal of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange against his extradition to Sweden to face sex assault charges. Under British law, Mr Assange has not committed any crime, and the defence used this point to their advantage.

There has been an industrial explosion in Boston, UK, which has killed 5 men.

Defence Secretary Liam Fox has apologised to the families of two Royal Air Force pilots who were wrongly blamed for the 1994 Chinook helicopter crash on the on Mull of Kintyre.

2 British prisons are set to close and 8 more privatised in order increase efficiency and save money.

In Ireland... a Catholic diocese in County Cork has been found to have failed to report all cases of child abuse to the Irish Police.

MyHeartIsYours
14th July 2011, 19:07
The British winner of the £161 million EuroMillions jackpot has claimed their prize. If they are a single person, they will instantly become the 430th richest person in the United Kingdom! :o (I wish it was me!! :cry:)

A 3.9 magnitude struck the English Channel and the south coast of the United Kingdom last night, it is the largest Earthquake in the area since 1734.

goktengri
14th July 2011, 19:50
PKK terrorists killed 13 soldiers in a southeastern provice Diyarbakir by ambush :( I began to lose my trust for Armed Forces, even if it's connected to (traitor) government, they should do whatever is necessary without listening to them ! They are capable of it, we can end this terror but it's time to make a big operation against PKK ! Worthy generals are in prisons, government has silenced the Army but it's enough !

Mark-ESC14
14th July 2011, 19:54
The Netherlands gave 14 million to Albania to help them built a water-purifying factory. They have problems with the sewage. Also there was more research done in the case of the shooting that happen on the 9th of April nearby in a shopping mall in Alphen aan den Rijn where 7 people died. There was more information about the killer and a reconstruction was released. The mall is about 300 meters from my school and one of my classmates lost a neighbor where he'd been talking to in the mall half an hour before the incident. :( Luckily he was already gone before it happened...

goktengri
17th July 2011, 18:03
Turkish people walked for 13 martyrs, who were killed by terrorists in Diyarbakir. It was one of the great protests that were held against PKK terrorism.

People shouted common slogans such as:

- Martyrs never die, Turkey is never divided !
- Death to PKK and its partner AKP government !
- Every Turk are born as soldier !
- We are the soldiers of Ataturk !
- Turkey is Turk, will stay as Turk !
- How happy to those who say I'm a Turk !
- We don't want terrorists in parliament ! ( referring to independent kurdish deputies )
- Terrorists are in parliament, but where are our generals ? ( referring to Ergenekon and Balyoz trials that arrested at least 30 generals as they were claimed to be military-coup supporters, people blaim government to encourage PKK terrorists but try to weaken Armed Forces )

http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4372_17072011_13.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4372_17072011_11.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4372_17072011_10.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4372_17072011_7.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4372_17072011_6.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4372_17072011_5.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4372_17072011_2.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_7116_17072011_15.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_7116_17072011_7.jpg
http://i.milliyet.com.tr/SonDakikaHaberGaleriler/2011/07/17/turkiye-13-sehidi-icin-yuruyor-1488267.Jpeg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_7116_17072011_6.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4793_17072011_10.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4793_17072011_6.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4793_17072011_3.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_4793_17072011_2.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_1446_17072011_6.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_9306_17072011_4.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_9306_17072011_1.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_9195_17072011_15.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_9195_17072011_10.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_9195_17072011_9.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_9195_17072011_4.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_9195_17072011_2.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_3302_17072011_10.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_6253_17072011_7.jpg
http://fotocdncube.gazetevatan.com/fotogaleri/act/19872_6253_17072011_1.jpg
http://i.milliyet.com.tr/SonDakikaHaberGaleriler/2011/07/17/turkiye-13-sehidi-icin-yuruyor-1488267.Jpeg

Charly
17th July 2011, 18:57
Moroccans like me heading to Morocco by car from all over Eruope :lol:
Countries:
UK (Saw quite few in Pourtsmouth)
Spain
Portugal
France (I saw many of them in Spain)
Italy
Switzerland
Belgium
Nethrlands

http://www.ferryports.net/picture_gallery/large_images/3235_700.jpg
http://www.picturenation.co.uk/image/view/preview/222455/car-ferry-espana
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/18/c8/bf/st-malo-ferry-terminal.jpg
http://www.picturenation.co.uk/image/view/preview/222455/car-ferry-espana
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbl-g3XVjiTw4qEn9shX0a8SkFuCHvzg1H_pa91b2RebV5zsItEg&t=1
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdovbwkMlh4DrsvZy1_qWjZZBnAW6PE K7c9bmMSawIBTxdoz0dvQ&t=1
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/51979271.jpg

How to spot an Moroccan driving to Morocco?
Easy, Their boot will be packed with things like food, luggage things you can get here, the back seats will be taken also and they have put luggage on their roofs like the pics here with the port where many cars waiting (Algeciras Port)

And if you are driving in Spain or Belgium or France you will see French, Dutch & Italian nuberplae cars. They are Moroccan ;)

Also
I see many non Mooccan cars here
http://www.moroccotravelplan.co.uk/images/travelphotos/morocco-driving.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Cpe--fMGI
at
0:46, an British Numberplate Moroccan
0:51 French cars in Spain heading to Morocco
0:55 An Real Moroccan :lol:
2:20 Moroccans beeping to get on the ferry back t Spain

seb89
17th July 2011, 22:18
^^ Oh did you take the ferry to Saint-Malo xheart??

MyHeartIsYours
17th July 2011, 23:43
If I was Moroccan I would be travelling in the other direction to escape the heat! :lol:

Charly
18th July 2011, 01:31
^^ Oh did you take the ferry to Saint-Malo xheart??

Unfortunaly Santander :l

Charly
18th July 2011, 01:32
If I was Moroccan I would be travelling in the other direction to escape the heat! :lol:

:lol: But Moroccans are used to the heat :D but the best time to visit for the 1s not is in December ;)

MyHeartIsYours
19th July 2011, 13:45
The Olympic Games delivery for 2012 is now 88% complete!! :D

Three patients have been killed so far in a Manchester hospital by a criminal who is infecting saline during people's operations :o. The criminal is yet to be caught.

Exposure to passive smoking has been found to nearly double the likelihood of hearing loss amongst teenagers.

nikolay_BG
19th July 2011, 16:15
Nothing in general. Polititians are fighting and it`s hot. The usual.

goktengri
24th July 2011, 15:34
::tr Turkish people celebrates 88th year anniversary of Treaty of Lausanne that sent invader allies out of Anatolia and East Thrace and ensured the recognizition of new Turkish Republic with its new capital Ankara as a independent and sovereign state that was tried to be turned into a colony with previous Treaty of Sevres ( which was signed by Ottoman government called traitors by nationalist kemalist rebels ).

Interrail
24th July 2011, 21:38
Nothing special...but this was funny to me
http://www.smedia.rs/upload/ter4.jpg
This weekend a guy has appeared stuck-attached to the pole of a building, in city center in early morning:lol:.
Passers were quite shocked....but he was there for 'Prank'd' on MTV Adria. sometimes really bizarre what they're doing.

r3gg13
24th July 2011, 21:52
I love car shows, but I hate shootings. There was a shooting in Seattle's car show that injured 11 people. :(

http://jalopnik.com/5824201/11-injured-in-mass-shooting-at-seattle-car-show

Hegepege
26th July 2011, 21:17
The aftermaths of the bombing and shootings in Oslo is basically what is on peoples mind. It's a small country, everyone is affected one way or another. Right now the police are giving out the identity of the victims as soon as they are officially identified. It's heartbreaking. My daughter have two friends in hospitl, one is fighting for his life.

Salmon
27th July 2011, 20:19
sometimes really bizarre what they're doing.

Sometimes? :lol:

goktengri
27th July 2011, 23:51
http://www.ofhaber.com/images/news/eyofa-61-gun-kaldi-etkinlikleri-3723.jpg

2011 European Youth Summer Olympic Festival is being held in Trabzon. We are *ucking in tournament for now (only 1 bronze medal):lol:

Russia is leading by far , UK, Italy, Germany and France are doing well.

Charly
28th July 2011, 00:04
3 Days of Mourning as an Military Plane crashes in Southern Morocco in the city of Guelmim.

MyHeartIsYours
28th July 2011, 00:39
United Kingdom

- British government recognises the National Transitional Council (NTC) of Libya as the sole, legitimate government of Libya and has given Gadaffi-government diplomats 3 days to leave the United Kingdom. They will be replaced by NTC diplomats and the Embassy in London will be transferred to the TNC. The £91m of frozen Libyan assets in the United Kingdom will now be unfrozen and transferred to the NTC.

- It is exactly 1 year until the start of the Olympic Games! The London 2012 Olympic Games' medals have been unveiled and Tom Daley has been the first to dive in the London Aquatics Centre in the Olympic Park, Stratford.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/uk/11/olympic_medals/timeline/img/summer/2012.jpg?cachebuster=cb123456789
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/27/article-2019521-0D30C26100000578-549_634x366.jpg

:D

Grinch
29th July 2011, 17:59
Military chiefs 'resign en masse

The chief of the Turkish armed forces has resigned, along with the heads of the army, navy and air force, according to media reports.

The reason for the resignations of Gen Isik Kosaner and the other heads remains unclear.

There has been a history of tension between the military and the government of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan in recent years.

Gen Kosaner is reported to have met Mr Erdogan several times in recent days.

Gen Isik Kosaner was appointed overall head of the Turkish armed forces just a year ago.

The government had vetoed the army's original choice.

Gen Hasan Igsiz was initially proposed but was blocked by the government because he was named in connection with an alleged 2003 plot.

The alleged conspiracy was drawn up at the Istanbul base of the First Army, shortly after the governing AK Party came to power.

It reportedly involved plans to bomb mosques and provoke tensions with Greece, in order to spark political chaos and justify a military takeover.

The military says it was only a contingency plan based on scenarios of political unrest.

This happens for the first time in Turkish Republic history! Can I hate AKP government even more???

goktengri
29th July 2011, 18:04
It means Army gave up. Turkish Armed Forces gave up to secure Ataturk's Republic and Secularism because of terrible pressures.

Nobody could stand more... Now they will find some AKP-lover commanders...

Turkey is no longer Turkey you all know. It has changed. I have no hope, those who are open-minded should leave this country, THE END OF TURKISH REPUBLIC !

Starmania
29th July 2011, 21:43
Current General Commander of the Gendarmerie, Necdet Özel (who is pro-AKP), is to become Commander of the Turkish Land Forces.
After that, he'll become Chief of the General Staff.
This is catastrophe.

goktengri
29th July 2011, 21:56
You can't blame him so fastly. I have friends who served near him. It is a strategic move, trust me, our generals are not so mindless to leave Armed Forces alone ! I thought they gave up but when I think again, I see it's impossible. They can't give up. Turkish Armed Forces is the only protector of Ataturk's Republic and its principles. If Kosaner and other commanders follow Ataturk's way, they wouldn't let them destroy the huge Armed Forces.

As I said, I believe they made a plan. If Özel was pro-AKP, he couldn't even rise his current position in Army ! we should be patient. We must trust him, we must trust our heroic generals. Becuase there is no another establishment which we can trust ! Our army is strong, our army never gives up !

Let's wait and see what happens in the future.

Grinch
29th July 2011, 22:10
I don't believe our army did or will give up, at least I hope so. They're our only hope.

goktengri
29th July 2011, 23:46
I don't believe our army did or will give up, at least I hope so. They're our only hope.

Our situation is really funny. I don't remember any example from the world. A government declared a war against its own Armed Forces. I'm sure our army did not even see such a persecution in world war and allies occupation. Armenian president eyed our territory ( Agri ) recently. If they attack there tomorrow, we don't have an army to fight :lol: what a tragicomic situation...

To be serious, we can give up, but they can't ! they have no right to do this. But If they did it, there is no any reason for me to stay here more. I'm prepared to leave before it's too late.

nikolay_BG
30th July 2011, 21:25
Today they opened the new indoor arena in Sofia. The Arena is called "Arena Armeets" and it`s a little smaller then "Beogradska Arena" which was used as a model for constructing the arena.

Our prime minister said that the arena will do a great hosting for "Eurovision" :D

Poli Genova (2011) and Elitsa Todorova (2007) took part of the concert before the first match in the arena which was a volleyball match between the teams of Bulgaria and Serbia. Bulgaria won :)

The first concert in it will be by the guru of the electronic music - Jeanne Michelle Jearre xlisten2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYbJisRSUc

r3gg13
30th July 2011, 21:37
The company, Apple, has more money than the US government at the moment! :(

MyHeartIsYours
31st July 2011, 01:07
The 'other' Royal Wedding took place today in Edinburgh... HM The Queen's Granddaughter Zara Phillips and Rugby player Mike Tindall are currently celebrating at The Queen's Edinburgh residence, the Palace of Holyrood House. William and Kate were present and received the biggest cheer from the crowd :D.
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/imagenes//zara-phillips-and-mike-tindall/20110730775/royal-wedding-holyroodhouse-ceremony/0-3-379/kiss-mike-zara--z.jpg

England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have found out their World Cup draws.

Gadaffi's regime in Libya has used the death of an NTC military leader against the United Kingdom, saying "it is a nice slap in the face for the British." Meanwhile, NATO has bombed a Gadaffi television channel which was broadcasting his propaganda.

A boy of 12 in Wales has died after goalposts fell on him.

A man of 20 has died due to a blood-clot which reached his heart, thought to have been a result of his 12-hours per day video gaming on his PC and XBOX.

Interrail
31st July 2011, 19:21
It means Army gave up. Turkish Armed Forces gave up to secure Ataturk's Republic and Secularism because of terrible pressures.

Nobody could stand more... Now they will find some AKP-lover commanders...

Turkey is no longer Turkey you all know. It has changed. I have no hope, those who are open-minded should leave this country, THE END OF TURKISH REPUBLIC !

I hope u don't get me wrong, but I think this what happened is good for Turkey. Army should lose political power.
In a democratic country, army shouldn't 'secure' secularism and Ataturk era is overcome long ago.
Turkey have democratic institutions who can secure secularism. There is legislation system and there is judiciary system, it's their job, not army job.
There r free elections in Turkey and ppl choose AKP, when AKP implements its policies it's because ppl voted for it. Sorry!

Interrail
31st July 2011, 19:24
Today they opened the new indoor arena in Sofia. The Arena is called "Arena Armeets" and it`s a little smaller then "Beogradska Arena" which was used as a model for constructing the arena.

Our prime minister said that the arena will do a great hosting for "Eurovision" :D

Poli Genova (2011) and Elitsa Todorova (2007) took part of the concert before the first match in the arena which was a volleyball match between the teams of Bulgaria and Serbia. Bulgaria won :)

The first concert in it will be by the guru of the electronic music - Jeanne Michelle Jearre xlisten2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYbJisRSUc

Oh, cool:D Congrats for the new arena! Hopefully ESC will be there one day, I will come!xlisten2

goktengri
31st July 2011, 20:40
I hope u don't get me wrong, but I think this what happened is good for Turkey. Army should lose political power.
In a democratic country, army shouldn't 'secure' secularism and Ataturk era is overcome long ago.
Turkey have democratic institutions who can secure secularism. There is legislation system and there is judiciary system, it's their job, not army job.
There r free elections in Turkey and ppl choose AKP, when AKP implements its policies it's because ppl voted for it. Sorry!

To make it clear, I think nobody is happy to be army-lover in Turkey. There are different things you can't know without living here. Yes, once upon a time our judiciary was the defender of Secularism. But with referendum, they've changed it. They've employed the judges they wished. All of Republican judges were taken from their high positions.

AKP wants to destroy our Republic. They put their own servants in important and strategic places like agents. There is nothing to trust for us except Army, that's the reason. The thing you should realize is that secularism is now defenseless.

In modern countries, there are some institutions which can inspect the government and secure the founding principles of the state. We've lost all of them in our country, if they want they can abolish Secularism and nobody can stop them. But Army is our last castle. Is it clear enough now ?

Interrail
31st July 2011, 20:47
It's clear, but that's what was ppl's will in referendum and in last elections.

goktengri
31st July 2011, 20:49
Turkish Republic is such a special state which its destiny couldn't be left to some ignorants who live in mountains and villages votes. I'm sure they don't even know about the policies of the party they voted.

Narmina
1st August 2011, 10:48
In the last 10 days my country is suffering from the heat :( It's sometimes 45 degrees here :(

goktengri
1st August 2011, 15:57
*ucking pkk terrorists attacked again :( 3 dead and 3 injured in Van... I wish we made a comprehensive operation against PKK but it's so hard with this traitor pro-pkk government.

We can't it tolerate anymore, every day martyr news :( RIP our heroes !

Charly
1st August 2011, 16:00
In the last 10 days my country is suffering from the heat :( It's sometimes 45 degrees here :(

Much worser here it is about 50 degrees and Ramadan starts bbut it is very hard as we get thirsty very quick (I get very very very thirsty quickly so i have to drink very often)

Narmina
1st August 2011, 19:36
*ucking pkk terrorists attacked again :( 3 dead and 3 injured in Van... I wish we made a comprehensive operation against PKK but it's so hard with this traitor pro-pkk government.

We can't it tolerate anymore, every day martyr news :( RIP our heroes !

:( RIP...your country suffers so much from PKK :(

goktengri
1st August 2011, 19:56
:( RIP...your country suffers so much from PKK :(

Not only soldiers. They kill babies, ladies... They like to attack public areas. Recently a high school girl was murdered because of a bus attack :(

goktengri
2nd August 2011, 22:21
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223823_191580087569800_179345948793214_485892_7730 494_n.jpg

We're preparing for some protests after the resign of military chiefs. We'll show that we'll always support them.

Army and the People, hand in hand against AKP, Imperialism and GMP (Greater Middle East Project)

We are with our Army forever !

The places for the protests:

Istanbul - Taksim Square
Izmir - Gundogdu or Republic Square
Ankara - Tandogan Square
Adana - Ataturk Park

The video: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=199795390079270&oid=179345948793214&comments

I call my Turkish friends for the protests, please join it in any case. Maybe it's your date with your girlfriend, maybe you're going to a party maybe you have a headache maybe you're going to swim etc. you can forget all of them for just one day, I'll leave Silivri in order to join it, our army needs support ! if there is not something very important, we should participate ! 1 person is 1 person ! and please invite your friends, family etc. whoever you know ! we should be as crowded as possible in order to make our voices heard ! Don't let them corrode our heroic army !

Don't forget;

STRONG ARMY STRONG TURKEY !

Valvejoodik
3rd August 2011, 20:23
Army and government should stay separate- at least that's my point of view :|

goktengri
3rd August 2011, 20:26
Army and government should stay separate- at least that's my point of view :|

Europeans countries have no '' reactionary danger '' so it's easy to even remove Army forever. Founding principles of our state is in danger and Army is the only protector of them. People should support Turkish Army if they don't want this country turn into Iran ;)

goktengri
4th August 2011, 11:43
Turkey's new top military brass was approved.

Chief of General Staff: Necdet Özel
Land Force Commander: Hayri Kivrikoglu ( he is known for not welcoming President Abdullah Gul and his headscarf-wearing wife Hayrünnisa Gül in Ercan Airport in Northern Cyprus. For the first time in Turkish Republic, a President was not welcomed by military ceremony in Ercan Airport, later the ceremony was made in Presidential Palace where Gül's headscarved wife didn't participate. )
Naval Force Commander: Emin Murat Bilgel
Air Force Commander: Mehmet Erten
Gendarmarie Commander: Bekir Kalyoncu

And another discussed one, Aslan Güner, who didn't shake Gül's headscarved wife became War Colleges Commander, which is an important and strategic place.

We have no information about other commanders, that's all we know. With these informations, it is not seem to be a lose for us. We needed such Secularist commanders.

MyHeartIsYours
4th August 2011, 15:57
A poll has showed that 2% of Americans believe that Pippa Middleton is a porn star. It comes after she was offered $5 million in May to appear in a porn flick :lol:.

The British government has launched it's new e-petition website. If any petition receives 100000 signatures the issue will most likely be debated in Parliament. This could lead to the debating of the death penalty, human rights and other important social issues. (I am going to sign one against the reinstatement of capital punishment, which is also currently the most popular).

doctormalisimo
4th August 2011, 16:42
I may make one asking for MPs to dress as clowns for at least one day per year.

Narmina
4th August 2011, 16:55
Not only soldiers. They kill babies, ladies... They like to attack public areas. Recently a high school girl was murdered because of a bus attack :(

I watced it in news :( We are really anxious about this situation...

MyHeartIsYours
7th August 2011, 16:58
United Kingdom

- Riots took place in Tottenham, London yesterday and last night. Dozens of people have been injured, 40 people arrested, and police, buildings and vehicles have been attacked. Looting has also taken place. The motive for the riots is thought to be the fact that a resident was shot to death last week in the area by police.
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54462000/jpg/_54462669_012613301-2.jpg
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54460000/jpg/_54460566_tottenham_riots_map624.jpg

- Two survivors from a Polar Bear attack in Svalbard, Norway are flown back to the United Kingdom for further treatment. It comes after a 17 year old boy died after being mauled by the animal.

- A Yacht and Oil Tanker have collided on the Solent between Southampton and the Isle of Wight. Luckily nobody was injured badly but the two crew members onboard the Yacht were thrown into the sea and one had to be taken to hospital.

Narmina
7th August 2011, 19:15
:( :(

goktengri
7th August 2011, 19:19
whats happening in UK ? I read that polices killed a citizen

Interrail
7th August 2011, 22:22
In Serbia another music festival:lol: Tomorrow starts biggest folkloric festival in country - Guča (more then 500.000 ppl visit every year, for 51 years). It's traditional/folkloric trumpet festival where trumpet orchestras compete for the 1st prize. The festival lasts 7 days, trumpets all the time...but best concerts take place from midnight every night...and ofc....tons of beer, tents and BBQ!
Last year Goran Bregović & Alen Ademović concert in Guča (u may know Bregović)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9W0UZAcl0Y&feature=related
xcheers

MyHeartIsYours
8th August 2011, 01:36
whats happening in UK ? I read that polices killed a citizen
Last week, during a planned arrest, a 29 year old black man was shot dead by police and a police officer was also shot, although he hasnt died. It has emerged since that the man was carrying an illegal handgun (and that he fired first) and it is thought that he was being arrested as part of a crack down on guns and drugs. However, the local residents were very unhappy about what's happened and tension has been building between them and the police and a series of disturbances began after a peaceful protest; police cars, buses, businesses and houses were attacked from 2230 on Saturday. Then the fighting started and 26 police officers have been injured (1 with head injuries) and also BBC News and Daily Mail reporters were attacked. They also attacked and stole goods from the retail park, people turned up and filled their cars with items like TV's, mobiles, etc! :o
Personally Im with the police on this, it was the police who were attacked in the first place; if they hadnt have been fired on then that man wouldnt be dead. And this rioting afterwards is completely disgusting!

Interrail
8th August 2011, 22:12
Belgrade got new bridge todayxcheer1

http://www.rts.rs/upload/storyBoxImageData/2009/12/18/2484201/most.jpg
Bridge was finished today but it will be opened in December when roundabout and overpasses will be finished.
Now this is biggest bridge in our city, it's 200m tall, 6 car lanes, 2 tram lanes, 2 bike lanes and 2 walking lanes, but the best thing is it's in my neighbourhood:lol: and it will shorten my travel a lot!:p
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7749/img9134i.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/img9134i.jpg/)

doctormalisimo
8th August 2011, 23:07
Watching the news with horror. There are massive riots in London. A lot of buildings are on fire. This is really hard to watch. So many people are being affected by this. It's only a matter of time until someone is killed :(

goktengri
8th August 2011, 23:14
Last week, during a planned arrest, a 29 year old black man was shot dead by police and a police officer was also shot, although he hasnt died. It has emerged since that the man was carrying an illegal handgun (and that he fired first) and it is thought that he was being arrested as part of a crack down on guns and drugs. However, the local residents were very unhappy about what's happened and tension has been building between them and the police and a series of disturbances began after a peaceful protest; police cars, buses, businesses and houses were attacked from 2230 on Saturday. Then the fighting started and 26 police officers have been injured (1 with head injuries) and also BBC News and Daily Mail reporters were attacked. They also attacked and stole goods from the retail park, people turned up and filled their cars with items like TV's, mobiles, etc! :o
Personally Im with the police on this, it was the police who were attacked in the first place; if they hadnt have been fired on then that man wouldnt be dead. And this rioting afterwards is completely disgusting!

I think police could have counteracted him without killing him but anyway. Polices are such a terrible force around the world. I never trust them.

Interrail
9th August 2011, 00:13
I think these rioters used the death of a poor guy only as excuse to go rioting and to steal from shops.
I'm amazed that London police can't stop them for 3 days.

Yamarus
9th August 2011, 00:28
That's because this isn't any ordinary rioting. It's the endpoint of years of social decay which has left many people deeply affected by a falling quality of life. People don't riot this hard and this long if they don't have a driving force behind them. Utter absence of a future seems like one of the reasons. They possess nothing, and see nothing but dark clouds in their future so... they express their anger.
Please note that I am not in any way condoning what the rioters are doing. The police should be sent in force to put an end to the craze of violence. But one shouldn't forget *why* this occured.

And I'm not saying that as a cold outsider. My brother lives in Tottenham, and my family lives not far from Birmingham (where riots have recently erupted).

MyHeartIsYours
9th August 2011, 00:48
The riots have spread outside the original area of Tottenham, it's nothing to do with the person's death anymore. It's to do with people having their feelings whipped up by criminals and I dont care what anybody says, you dont go burning buses, attacking policemen and lotting shops and people's houses because your bored or because you dont have anything to do. It is totally unacceptable and I know what it is like to have riots, my town had racism riots a decade ago and I can remember how scary it was; they also lasted for 3 days. However I expect these riots to go on for longer, in London, they are in Peckham, Lewisham, Croydon, Hackney, Clapham, Woolwich, and Ealing and across the country they are in Reading, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Leeds. A 100 year old family business has been destroyed in Croydon and wont be able to be rebuilt.
Prime Minister David Cameron is returning early from his Italian holiday (cant wait to have him back... ) and Deputy PM Nick Clegg has been out on the streets talking to people who's been affected. I saw this poor woman and everything she has has been destroyed, they burnt her building down! Also Cobra is going to have an emergency meeting tomorrow to discuss the situation.

Labour London Mayoral candidate Ken Livingstone has tried to turn the situation against the government. He's said that this is what happens when people get unhappy under the Conservatives, like what happened under Thatcher. Personally I think his view is disgusting, it's not really a time for politics when people are being hurt! I cant believe Labour selected him again for the Mayor and I hope that he isnt elected next year!

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54476000/jpg/_54476505_fire_building_pa.jpg
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2011/8/7/1312724364256/A-bus-on-fire-during-the--010.jpg
http://uk.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110807&t=2&i=474641520&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2011-08-07T191628Z_01_BTRE7761HJP00_RTROPTP_0_BRITAIN-RIOT
http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/dynamic/00633/hackney1_633903s.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaILz5utsB8

MyHeartIsYours
9th August 2011, 00:52
I think police could have counteracted him without killing him but anyway. Polices are such a terrible force around the world. I never trust them.
They couldnt because he had a gun and fired on them first - a police radio has been found with bullets in it and one of the policemen was shot. Im not normally sympathetic to the police but in this case I am because they are right. The people who are rioting are just doing so because they are criminals who get a rush out of wrecking things.

Yamarus
9th August 2011, 09:26
The people who are rioting are just doing so because they are criminals who get a rush out of wrecking things.

That's a whole lot of criminals.

MyHeartIsYours
9th August 2011, 12:55
That's a whole lot of criminals.
Yep it is, and believe me, we do have a whole lot of criminals here in the UK ;).
You said that people are doing it because they have no future or nothing to do, Im wondering if you would go round burning down people's houses and businesses if you were in the same situation? I know that I wouldnt.
These people give themselves no future by being in gangs and carrying out crime.

Anyway in the mean time, this is where the riots have spread to now:
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54496000/jpg/_54496907_london_riots_tues464.jpg
Prime Minister David Cameron has returned now and he is recalling Parliament from its summer recess for an emergency debate on the issue.

doctormalisimo
9th August 2011, 13:26
Prime Minister David Cameron has returned now and he is recalling Parliament from its summer recess for an emergency debate on the issue.

Oh yes, a debate, THAT will stop the rioters.
The Met Police are having trouble handling this. If this was in Northern Ireland, the police would be far more equipped to stop the violence more effectively - with water cannon and CS gas. I know they are controversial, but let's get real, a parliamentary debate or telling them to stop isn't going to work.

MyHeartIsYours
9th August 2011, 13:44
Oh yes, a debate, THAT will stop the rioters.
The Met Police are having trouble handling this. If this was in Northern Ireland, the police would be far more equipped to stop the violence more effectively - with water cannon and CS gas. I know they are controversial, but let's get real, a parliamentary debate or telling them to stop isn't going to work.
I know but at least he's doing something! Better than having pictures with Italian waitresses like he was doing the other day!
I dont know about water cannon. I've always been against it but maybe Im starting to change my mind if it carries on for much longer.

MyHeartIsYours
9th August 2011, 13:57
Omg the first person has died as a result of the riots :(. A 26 year old man shot in a car in Croydon last night has died in hospital.

There are rumours, and the Home Secretary hasnt denied them, that the Army may have to be sent in.

doctormalisimo
9th August 2011, 13:59
I know but at least he's doing something! Better than having pictures with Italian waitresses like he was doing the other day!
I dont know about water cannon. I've always been against it but maybe Im starting to change my mind if it carries on for much longer.
Well, it disperses a crowd. I should know. And a few injured vandals is better than a lot of destroyed businesses and homes.

Btw it's just been confirmed there now that a man shot in Croydon last night has died. This does put a new perspective on the violence, and makes it a whole lot personal now :(

Sean
9th August 2011, 14:00
They couldnt because he had a gun and fired on them first - a police radio has been found with bullets in it and one of the policemen was shot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/07/police-attack-london-burns

doctormalisimo
9th August 2011, 14:01
Omg the first person has died as a result of the riots :(. A 26 year old man shot in a car in Croydon last night has died in hospital.

There are rumours, and the Home Secretary hasnt denied them, that the Army may have to be sent in.
You beat me to it :lol:
Sending in the army may be a bit too strong right now. I think the gov't should see how tonight goes, and decide if the army should be brought in if the violence escalates.

Interrail
9th August 2011, 15:18
I read in newspaper that 16.000 policemen will secure London tonight? That's SO MUCH!
It's impossible that they can't deal with hooligans!

MyHeartIsYours
9th August 2011, 16:19
Like you say David I think the government will see what happens tonight... it's not as if the Army has that many spare men with all the cuts to it either though!
Interrail, 16000 sounds a lot, it is 10000 more than last night but I fear it's not enough. For example, there were 40000 policemen for the Royal Wedding alone and that was concentrated in just Westminster, this is spread across the whole London area and now some major cities across the country.

The Prime Minister is out in Croydon right now:
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54505000/jpg/_54505859_012625284-1.jpg

Also Mayor Boris Johnson has been in Battersea but was heckled by people angry that they're being let down by politicians and policemen.

This video shocked me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qwRC0ORE4I&feature=player_embedded
They're pickpocketing a man with blood coming out of his head! It shows how easily anarchy can take over.

Edit - the Home Secretary has ruled out the use of water cannon.

Sean
9th August 2011, 16:51
I saw that video earlier. Absolutely fucking disgusting behaviour and I just can't comprehend what kind of low-life pathetic waste of air would do such a thing. Makes you think really...

Valvejoodik
9th August 2011, 17:54
No offence, but to me it seems that UK's government is totally incompetent for dealing with this situation- Are they thinking that these looters are 10-yo girls riding ponies, who must stay safe at all times???

For god's sake, the government seems to defend the looters and is trying not to hurt anyone that are looting stores and stealing. If the police would show some muscles, then the looters would also pull back a little. But at the moment, it seems that that police are just trying to sit down with the rioters and have a cup of tea...

And oh yeah, these shields are just hilarious: :lol:
http://f.postimees.ee/f/2011/08/09/701844t41h5385.jpg
http://primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/saxons/images/saxons.jpg:lol::lol:

Charly
9th August 2011, 18:18
I heard there is riots in Liverpool aswell :o

Nikoreindeer1973
11th August 2011, 11:23
In the southern Danish city Bĉkke there is a festival week including DQ live.

http://www.egtved-posten.dk/artikel/364860:Egtved-Posten--Sportsuge-med-fest-og-motion

Charly
11th August 2011, 12:03
Everynight around 4AM a man comes around my area walking with a big horn blowing it to wake people up to have their breakfast before they fast.

Nikoreindeer1973
11th August 2011, 12:18
Anti-nazi beaten up after beating other people up

http://stiften.dk/alarm-112/anti-nazister-angrebet-med-kanonslag

Rockers invades the city Esbjerg.

http://www.jv.dk/artikel/1169888:Esbjerg--28-aarig-mand-blev-jagtet-af-rockere-i-Esbjerg

Rockers assaults movers

http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/article1599390.ece

Valvejoodik
11th August 2011, 18:10
There was a hostage crisis in Estonian ministry of defense. The gunman was killed in the shooting by the Special unit.
No hostages nor policemen were injured. Some reports say that also explosions were heard but nothing sure yet...

http://f.postimees.ee/f/2011/08/11/704962t54h1f77.jpg
http://f.postimees.ee/f/2011/08/11/704870t54ha496.jpg
http://f.postimees.ee/f/2011/08/11/704878t54h34be.jpg
http://f.postimees.ee/f/2011/08/11/704882t54h7c78.jpg
http://f.postimees.ee/f/2011/08/11/704884t54h3e82.jpg
http://f.postimees.ee/f/2011/08/11/704960t54h3d5f.jpg

MyHeartIsYours
11th August 2011, 18:53
^ Im glad that no hostages or policemen were shot, it's just a shame that a person felt the need to do something like that which has left him dead :(.

In the United Kingdom, Parliament has met for a crisis meeting to discuss the riots of the past days. The first e-petition has reached 100000 signatures and it has now been referred to the Backbench Committee in Parliament; it is a petition to remove the state benefits of people who took part in the riots.

Valvejoodik
11th August 2011, 19:09
The shooter was a 57-year old Karen Drambjan, he was born in Armenia and gained the citizenship in 1993. He was in the Estonian United left-wing party (Ühendatud Vasakpartei). That party was formerly called the Estonian Communistic party...

Estonian PM said that most likely the man wanted to "re-make Breivik".
Man was carring a pistol, +100 bullets and explosives :O

Picture of him:
http://g4.delfi.ee/images/pix/900x585/fd1b29d8/file55576730_9495522.jpg

New info:

Actually one policemen was slightly injured- one bullet scratched his ear and another policemen was shot in the bulletproof vest. PM also said that "man was rapidly shooting at the police".

MyHeartIsYours
12th August 2011, 01:56
A 68 year old man who was fighting for his life in hospital after he was attacked in the riots has died :(. A murder investigation has begun.

doctormalisimo
12th August 2011, 02:59
Ouch. He was called Karen? Maybe that's what drove him mad...

eerik
12th August 2011, 12:21
That gunman was just some crazy old bloke. He had published several anti-government statements during last few years and called for civil war against ethnic Estonians.