PDA

View Full Version : So Lena won't be performing a reprise of "Satellite", right?

FallenAngelII
28th February 2011, 20:36
A thought occurred to me the other day:
They can't have Lena perform a reprise of her winning entry from last year without unfairly promoting her before all other performers (she'd get to perform more than one song).

So who's going to be performing it instead? Heck, will they perform it at all?

A-lister
28th February 2011, 20:44
^
Interesting question!

I also thought about this.

Hmm...

Canuck
28th February 2011, 20:46
I've thought about the same question.

I think there are a few options that they have, but I think they will have someone else perform the song with a big choreographed presentation...

They can also choose to just do something completely new for the opening which would be awesome; I love seeing how each country chooses to present the show.

Interrail
28th February 2011, 20:49
I think they'll simply let her perform twice (first time with Satellite, second time with TBAS), if that's not explicitly against rules.

bella
28th February 2011, 21:03
If they´ll open the show with a german actor(not lena)... i dont know anybody who could do that

FallenAngelII
28th February 2011, 21:06
I think they'll simply let her perform twice (first time with Satellite, second time with TBAS), if that's not explicitly against rules.
I think it's against the rules.

And if it isn't, it would be bad form.

MyHeartIsYours
1st March 2011, 00:22
I think there will just be a special act at the beginning and Lena once the voting lines are closed. Seems the most simple anyway.

lucian-crusher
1st March 2011, 08:37
Maybe they will open the show with someone else singing ,,Satellite"....

Milos-BC
1st March 2011, 13:24
I also think that she will perform twice. When Zeljko could have hosted the show and have an entry at the same in 2008, I don't see why would this be a problem

ot_fan
1st March 2011, 13:57
She might open first semifinal only, so it wouldn't be much of a damage...

Matt
1st March 2011, 14:05
I also think that she will perform twice. When Zeljko could have hosted the show and have an entry at the same in 2008, I don't see why would this be a problem

But remember, the rules were changed after 2008 for that exact reason, that is why we had the Stefan Raab situation. So I'm pretty sure this will also apply to the artists themselves.

ot_fan
1st March 2011, 15:44
In one Serbia's newspapers i've read smtg about Celine Dion, is there possibility she'll be performing on the opening...?

Milos-BC
1st March 2011, 15:56
But remember, the rules were changed after 2008 for that exact reason, that is why we had the Stefan Raab situation. So I'm pretty sure this will also apply to the artists themselves.

Ah yes, I forgot about that....It's a shame though

Schlagerman1
1st March 2011, 16:45
Since Lena is competing in ESC, then no, I don't think that she mentally wants to do it either.
But wouldn't it be cool if Nicole, the one that won for Gemany 1982, sang Satellite instead of her, in a "Ein Bisschen Frieden"-way? :o :D I would love to see that! :)

Matt
1st March 2011, 16:51
Since Lena is competing in ESC, then no, I don't think that she mentally wants to do it either.
But wouldn't it be cool if Nicole, the one that won for Gemany 1982, sang Satellite instead of her, in a "Ein Bisschen Frieden"-way? :o :D I would love to see that! :)

Only if she is going to sing it sitting on a stool with a white guitar......

Quent91
1st March 2011, 17:30
In one Serbia's newspapers i've read smtg about Celine Dion, is there possibility she'll be performing on the opening...?

I don't think so, she returns to Vegas :p

Schlagerman1
1st March 2011, 18:15
Only if she is going to sing it sitting on a stool with a white guitar......

Of course she must do that! Otherwise it's not Nicole, right!? ;)

ronny1988
1st March 2011, 20:28
Maybe they will open the show with someone else singing ,,Satellite"....

yay maybe the composer of the song. jodie frost. she sing it also good.

Lizo
2nd March 2011, 04:16
or maybe the hosts of the show :P stefan raab sang it during the warmup to the nf

FallenAngelII
2nd March 2011, 17:21
Becausse he didn't promote his entry in any way as host. The only way people would know he'd written the Serbian entry would be to read the blurb during the entry or hear it from a commentator. And it's not like him being host could buy the song or artist extra promotion on-air. Also, there were plenty of rumblings back then.

Lena performing another song would be Lena appearing twice on-air, singing twice on-air (without being in a semi-final) and get to promote herself and her voice twice on-air.

Margerita86
6th March 2011, 23:25
I admit that I am interested in how they will handle the usual act of the winning song being performed again in the opening act in the final. Although it is my personal hope that they either perform it in either semi or have someone else perform it.

Erbse
7th March 2011, 16:27
I dont really see your Problem.

Lena won last time, so she is allows to perform her winning-song again this year.

Also Lena again sings for Germany so she is allowd to sing again in the show.

I dont see why this is unfair. Just because she would sind twice and everybode wont? Well, thats something she earned by winning last year.

Dont be jealous my friends :)

Matt
7th March 2011, 16:30
That has nothing to do with jealousy. When Lena agreed to do Eurovision again she also agreed to the rules which gives all participants 3 minutes on stage. The EBU has rules in place which is why Stefan Raab would have not been allowed to host the show if one of his (terrible) songs would have been chosen.

Samb
8th March 2011, 20:14
This. Besides, anyone singing Satellite automatically gives Lena rep by association: viewers know it is 'her' song, so to speak.

Quent91
14th March 2011, 14:30
The Grand Final opening act will contain last year's winning song Satellite performed by Stefan Raab's Big Band.

Source (http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=27063&_t=head_of_delegation_meeting_what_is_going_on_in_ duesseldorf)

ParadiseES
14th March 2011, 17:14
I'm so afraid... :?

Quent91
14th March 2011, 18:59
Me too... It's Lena's role to sing this song, not her mentor.

Lizo
14th March 2011, 19:18
or maybe the hosts of the show :P stefan raab sang it during the warmup to the nf

there u go :D

anselm
15th March 2011, 00:12
Who said that Raab would sing it? It only says that his Big Band will perform it :P

Joabi
15th March 2011, 16:01
I just read on

http://www.dwdl.de/nachrichten/30533/esc_lena_startet_auf_platz_16_delay_als_pausenact/

that it will be performed by a "very special formation"

eirikfinbak
15th March 2011, 18:53
No, i dont think it will be fair to let her sing in the begining of the show when she is also performing... So its a big possibility that we will see Stefan Raab in stead :P Wouldnt surprise me at all... ;)

teroh
15th March 2011, 20:32
Stefan Raab and the other 2 hosts will be involved in the presentation of Satellite.

I just hope he won't sing...

AAore
15th March 2011, 21:10
Hmmm.. I hate when they do new versions (Eg. with an whole choir)... But I dont see why Lena should preform twice D: