PDA

View Full Version : Things you hate, but everyone else like?

Interrail
17th February 2011, 23:08
Write here things u hate, but everyone else seems to like:D
(it can be any thing, any person, anything):twisted:

I'll start first, I hate:

- Britney Spears :twisted:
- Justin Bieber:twisted:
- Miley Cyrus :twisted:
- Cristiano Ronaldo :twisted:
- Brad Pitt + Angelina Jolie xpuke
- meaningless stars tatoo
http://www.all-tattoo.info/wp-content/uploads/star-tattoo/0/shooting-star-tattoo-1.jpg
- Nike Air Max snickers
- driving/cars
- Obama
- TV novelas
- Lady Gaga - sometimes
- Football - sometimes
- Anima/Manga cartoons
- New Years, Proms, Weddings
- Velentines -..hate hate hate xpuke
- Twitter
- Coca-Cola, Pepsi
- Red Bull/Guarana/Burn etc.
- anything of strawberry (ice cream, chocolate, etc)
- pancakes with nutela
- Gold necklace , earrings, etc....gold in general
- ppl who wear sun glasses in house/university/pub
- ppl who wear this:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv5NAigKIDDRKBup4E0TKjAcRB6xOkQ QyPTq9o-HrrmaGvdhic
- tea with milk
- chocolate milk
- soya
- pork, lamb
- stuffed animals (toys)
- snow
etc etc etc....will be continued....
write your hates.....:D

AlekS
17th February 2011, 23:34
I'd rather concentrate on positivity. Not a fond of haters :twisted:

Keko
18th February 2011, 00:05
Eurovision

lol j/k
Do we really need a thread like this? We need more LOVE

nikolay_BG
18th February 2011, 00:35
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really don`t like Alexander Rybak. He is soooooooo plastic to me.

seb89
18th February 2011, 00:43
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really don`t like Alexander Rybak. He is soooooooo plastic to me.

xyeah and Dima Bilan, Enrique Iglesias (xdown), Belle Perez, Kat DeLuna & Sarah Palin

MyHeartIsYours
18th February 2011, 01:04
Oh there are lots of things!

European Union
Football
Marija Šerifović
Christiano Ronaldo
The Pope
Vladimir Putin
Parties (except at celebrations)
Miley Cyrus
Britain's Got Talent
Republics/Non-monarchy's
Jewelry (except a ring :p)
Piercings
Tattoos
'It' girls and guys
Euro
Sausages
Hot weather
China
Sweets
Chocolate (sometimes :twisted:)
School/College/University
Justin Beiber
Margaret Thatcher
Tony Blair haters
Cars
Coffee
Animal Testing
Drugs (well not everybody likes them ;))
Cigarettes
Jaques Chiraq
Laka

Maybe some more from me soon too! :mrgreen:

nikolay_BG
18th February 2011, 14:04
European Union
Football
Hot weather
Cars

I understand you completelly :twisted:

seb89
18th February 2011, 14:24
European Union??? Why?

Oh I want to add to my list, my SM neighbour in my studenthouse. I don't mind she does it, but I don't like it when I hear it when the other neighbours, myself included, need to study or are trying to get some sleep... And she is just annoying!

And when someone doesn't clean the toilet!!

MyHeartIsYours
18th February 2011, 14:37
European Union??? Why?

Because it's a very undemocratic institution - they never ask people if it's okayy to take powers from their country. The President hasnt been elected by the people. They dont care about the people of Europe, just want to build their European dream, this I believed has been shown with the Euro crisis - Ireland and Greece are now effectively protectorates of the EU due to mainly the fault of the ECB. France and Germany are the only countries who have any influence over decisions. The United Kingdom pays £800 million a day for it I think. It's very weak with enemies and there's little consensus between countries on foreign policy or domestic policy really.
These are all just my opinions anyway :p. I love Europe, just not that Union :).

Interrail
18th February 2011, 15:22
LOL @ SM neighbour (if that's what I think it is):lol:

U gave me some ideas:
I also can't stand Alexander Rybak, Zeljko Joksimovic, Helena Paprizou, Sarbel, Loboda, Hadize, Safura, Dima Bilan...
- Vladimir Putin
- Sarah Palin
- Sarkozy
- fur
- coffee with milk....
- schlagers 1950-1970...
- this 'sun glasses' or how it is called...
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Lifeandhealth/Pix/pictures/2009/6/1/1243851044152/Sunglasses-Kanye-West-004.jpg
- Lord of the rings, Harry Potter, Avatar, Titanic...

seb89
18th February 2011, 15:31
Because it's a very undemocratic institution - they never ask people if it's okayy to take powers from their country. The President hasnt been elected by the people. They dont care about the people of Europe, just want to build their European dream, this I believed has been shown with the Euro crisis - Ireland and Greece are now effectively protectorates of the EU due to mainly the fault of the ECB. France and Germany are the only countries who have any influence over decisions. The United Kingdom pays £800 million a day for it I think. It's very weak with enemies and there's little consensus between countries on foreign policy or domestic policy really.
These are all just my opinions anyway :p. I love Europe, just not that Union :).

You right about that, but it's not all negative. They have realised some pretty good things in the past. It's for example much more easier to travel,study & work abroad, free trade area, Like every institution, there are bad and good aspects. I think the European Union is too big nowadays, so it is impossible to gouvern, that's why there is so little consensus. When we were a smaller Union, there was more consensus. And I think that France and Germany are the only countries who have influence, because those have the most powerful economies in the EU.

It would say it is a democratic institution, because every country has chosen their politicians to represent them at the European parliament, European Council,... And most of the time, every country has to decide on it's own if they agree with what Europe wants, if not, that reform will not take place (e.g. European Constitution). Same thing with the Euro, not every country wanted it, so not every coutry has it.

Ireland and Greece created that mess themselves on national level, but it is actually Europe's fault. They should have said how much debts every country may have before entering in the Eurozone. And now we are all paying for the debts of Ireland and Greece. So sometimes it is better to discuss somethings on European level and not on national level, so that we can prevent things like this. You can't have an intergouvernmental organisation without any power and sometimes that power is taken from the members (countries).

But I understand your point ;).

seb89
18th February 2011, 15:39
LOL @ SM neighbour (if that's what I think it is):lol:

If you are thinking about a person who likes to be spanked with a whip, etc. you are thinking correctly :). Every person is free to do what he wants to do, but especially when the walls are very thin and you hear *spank* and then *aauw* when you are studying or sleeping, it's kind of annoying. But it's great for gossip at school or with other roommates :D hahahah!

U gave me some ideas:
Hadize

Do you mean Hadize from Düm tek tek?

Interrail
18th February 2011, 15:57
^Yeah, I meant spanking etc...lol, funny neighbour u have:D
And..yes I mean...Hadize (or Hadise?) - Dum tek tek, I don't know any other Hadise:)
And about EU - I hate some low that they had (it's canceled now) about looks and shapes and length of cucumbers, apples etc. That's too much bureaucracy, imo. But I think there's no such regulation any more.
(ofc. there r some bad things but still majority of things in EU is good, that's why none of the members left it).

Scooby
18th February 2011, 17:20
Oh so many things I hate, and some of them are:

Lady Gaga and her fu**** Alejandro
Safura's "Dlip Dlop"
Justin Biber
Hadise & Helena Paparizou
Ana Nikolić
GRAND Show & Saša popović
Pink TV & Željko Mitrović (pls kill yourself and save the nation)
Harry Potter
Desperate Housewives
Bill Clinton
Bernard Kouchner
EU as the only option in our lives
religious fanaticism
boy bands
girl bands
Turbo folk music
people who wear sunglasses indoor
miss/mister contests
Chinese shopping malls
David and Victoria Beckham
fog
people who throw garbage on every street corner
Goran Bregović
Japanese sick cartoons
hypocritical people
Hashim "the Snake" Thaci
propaganda of healthy life
original trade marks
rap music and maniacs who performed it
illiterate tv hosts

and ...............................................

MyHeartIsYours
18th February 2011, 17:31
(ofc. there r some bad things but still majority of things in EU is good, that's why none of the members left it).

The United Kingdom would have left if the people got to vote on it ;).

Asiye
18th February 2011, 18:23
I'm a girl but i hate shopping
I also hate:
Boys who care their look so much (see: David Beckham)
Turkish dramas like Binbir Gece, Yaprak Dökümü...
Science fiction
Cartoons
Computer games
Lady Gaga (sometimes)
Sarkozy

I prefer "don't like" instead of "hate" generally. "Hate" is too strict and there can be exceptions.

seb89
18th February 2011, 21:43
The United Kingdom would have left if the people got to vote on it ;).

UK people don't like the EU, that's a fact. But when they wanted to, and now they want to leave :(.

Cooler
18th February 2011, 21:49
I'm a girl but i hate shopping
I also hate:
Boys who care their look so much (see: David Beckham)
Turkish dramas like Binbir Gece, Yaprak Dökümü...
Science fiction
Cartoons
Computer games
Lady Gaga (sometimes)
Sarkozy

I prefer "don't like" instead of "hate" generally. "Hate" is too strict and there can be exceptions.

Oh, interesting ;)

I'll put things I hate and others love later, actually there aren't lot :)

EvNickGR
18th February 2011, 21:53
I Hate...

European Union
Our goverment
diet :P
lies
waiting
Lady Gaga
bad weather
strange clothes
school :P
traffic jam
unfair things

94ayd
19th February 2011, 01:34
HABA HABA + TAKEN BY A STRANGER... xrofl3

goktengri
23rd February 2011, 22:55
Popularity-worshipping
Illiteracy
Prejudice
Injustice
Racism, Fascism, Authoritarianism
Lady Gaga
Tarkan
Tea
Rice
Current government

Jukica
24th February 2011, 00:52
Finland's ESC 2006 entry
Most of the folk/turbofolk (I still like Ana Nikolić's new album :lol:)
Metal/similar styles
Jazz music
Piercings
Tattoos
etc.

will try to remember more :lol:

EvanESCIreland
24th February 2011, 14:53
Eurovision Spain 2011 (No, seriously :lol:)

r3gg13
25th February 2011, 08:06
Alexander Rybak
Anna Bergendahl
Sunglasses

dogmeat
27th February 2011, 01:14
Many of you mentioned things that are hated by pretty much everyone, despite the thread's title ;)

My list would be:
- most of American music (especially chart hits. Europe all the way!)
- democracy (or rather parody of it we experience nowadays)
- big cities (i feel exhausted after spending a few days in them. i also don't get the idea of visiting cities as tourist destinations)
- huge fake boobs (well, it might have sounded silly :P i could extend it to that grotesque plastic concept of beauty that is being promoted. i prefer natural modest girls)
- higher education (it's not that bad unless it's too common)

Oh, and it seems i'm among few who don't hate Rybak.

lucian-crusher
27th February 2011, 09:18
Claudia Pavel
Alexander Rybak
Satellite (only the song, on the other hand I love Lena)
Justin Bieber
Rock music
Little towns and villages
Vanilla
Romanian language
Manchester United
Juventus Torino
AC Milan
FC Barcelona
Mircea Lucescu
Adrian Mutu

I should also point that I hate Dinamo Bucharest but 80 % of Romanian football fans hate it to, so it's not eligible :lol:

aletem
27th February 2011, 09:48
I'll pinpoint few things:

- "Family guy" - I hate that show, and it seems that most people love it! :?
- "Southpark" - I dislike it very much, but I don't hate it
- The word "dude" - annoys the hell out of me
- AC Milan and Juventus - like Lucian :lol:
- camping - here in Canada is popular, not for me :mrgreen:

oh yes and Justin Bieber + Miley "The Smiley" Cyrus! :mrgreen: :lol:

No Name
27th February 2011, 12:20
Manchester United
Alexander Rybak
Sushi (well, I don't actually hate it, just finding it extremely overrated)

Turkish97
27th February 2011, 13:05
Metal
Racism
Jazz music
Finland's ESC 2006 entry(Agree with Juki :lol:)
Piercings
Muse
Justin Bieber
Sushi
Bülent Ersoy :lol:
Spania's ESC 2008 entry :lol:
YouTube's copyright(:lol:I know i'm not alone:lol:)
Power failure :mrgreen::mrgreen:

r3gg13
27th February 2011, 21:20
- "Family guy" - I hate that show, and it seems that most people love it! :?

I really don't get why it's so popular. It just shoves random "funny" things down your throat. I prefer King of The Hill to it :D

Adding more things that I hate:

Jamala's voice (it borders on being annoying)
Dustin The Turkey
sleeping (it's a love/hate thing)
sitting around (again it's a love hate thing)

vatroslav_cro
27th February 2011, 22:43
- The word "dude" - annoys the hell out of me-

Hello, dude:):):)!

vatroslav_cro
27th February 2011, 22:45
[QUOTE=lucian-crusher;484358]
Romanian language
QUOTE]

You hate Romanian language and you are Romanian yourself? Hm...a bit weird but ok.....

94ayd
28th February 2011, 01:48
To say the least... :lol:

lucian-crusher
28th February 2011, 17:13
You two should study our grammar and see how coplicated it is :lol:

Cooler
28th February 2011, 20:20

I'm sure it's easier than Bosnian ;) We have 14 types of verbs, 7 types of cases + 10 types of words... And a lot more :lol:

94ayd
1st March 2011, 02:45
Well, hating Romanian classes but Romanian... :lol:

r3gg13
1st March 2011, 05:36

My ex was Romanian, I would just stand in awe whenever she spoke it to her family. It sounds so different from other Romance languages. Plus you guys kept the declensions that French, Spanish have lost, so it ought to be a bit more complicated than the other ones :)

lucian-crusher
1st March 2011, 19:31
My ex was Romanian, I would just stand in awe whenever she spoke it to her family. It sounds so different from other Romance languages. Plus you guys kept the declensions that French, Spanish have lost, so it ought to be a bit more complicated than the other ones :)

Really? What city was sh from? :D
And she didn't tell you about martisoare?

nikolay_BG
1st March 2011, 19:34
I don`t know about romanian grammer but bulgarian one is hell :S
It`s one big mess (like everything in Bulgaria):D

Isabella
1st March 2011, 19:51
I just checked this thread and I ask myself did I misunderstood the topic or what :confused: :lol:
Why some of you wrote things like racism or injustice? I didn't know most of the people like racism :lol:

Anyway, I would say a few things like Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Potter :twisted:

r3gg13
2nd March 2011, 06:27
Really? What city was sh from? :D
And she didn't tell you about martisoare?

She was from Bucharest :D
She never really told me much about the culture, she's really Americanized, and we were only together for half a year. So we never really got to know each other too well. She was super nice and funny though :) (She hates the Cheeky Girls :lol: )

@Isabella: I'm not the only one who hates Harry Potter then ;)

Isabella
3rd March 2011, 20:27
@Isabella: I'm not the only one who hates Harry Potter then ;)

Yay, one more Harry Potter hater.
Cheers to that xcheer1 :mrgreen:

Kristi
3rd March 2011, 22:16
You guys talking about languages wouldn't think yours suck if you knew albanian grammar :p

Ok,what I hate:
-Anime
-Romanian commercial House/Dance music
-Hip-Hop(Rap)
-Warm weather
-Ouzo
-Justin Bieber
-Azerbaijan 2010
-Twilight
-Folk music
-Summer
-Meat
-Chicken
-Pop music
-Eggplant
-Twitter
-Parties
-Sun
-Dark Chocolate
-AC Milan

I'll post more when something else comes to my mind :p

Cooler
4th March 2011, 01:07
You guys talking about languages wouldn't think yours suck if you knew albanian grammar :p

Ok,what I hate:
-Anime
-Romanian commercial House/Dance music
-Hip-Hop(Rap)
-Warm weather
-Ouzo
-Justin Bieber
-Azerbaijan 2010
-Twilight
-Folk music
-Summer
-Meat
-Chicken
-Pop music
-Eggplant
-Twitter
-Parties
-Sun
-Dark Chocolate
-AC Milan

I'll post more when something else comes to my mind :p

You hate Romanian dance music, you hate rap music, you hate pop music, you hate folk music, do you listen to anything dude? :D

seb89
4th March 2011, 22:07
I think all grammars and all languages are difficult :p :)!

I wanna add to my list: Enrique Iglesias xpuke and especially his recent song: 'Tonight I'm f***ing you' xpuke

Quent91
4th March 2011, 22:22
I do really hate rap (:evil: especially the french rap, that's more horrible than hell, I'd prefer to get a arm cut than listen a whole day to that ******************** :evil: ), hip-hop, raï, tecktonik and death metal.
RNB can be ok, it depends...

I also don't like my country, the Brussels subway, Brussels' insecurity, Bieber, Belgian justice, piercings, tatoos, monarchies, football, sport, dance, Obama, religious terrorism, people who kill the French language on internet, Shake it up shekerim, Belgian entry for 2011, database error, Belarus disqualification, commercials on TV,...............

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

seb89
4th March 2011, 22:28
I also don't like my country
:o

Belgian justice
+1000

MyHeartIsYours
4th March 2011, 22:32
What is wrong with Belgian justice lol?

Quent91
4th March 2011, 22:33
:o

Come on, this is ridiculous... 1 year with no government... Sometimes I'm not proud to be belgian...

Quent91
4th March 2011, 22:35
What is wrong with Belgian justice lol?

It's so lax... The killers and offenders are always released... The jails are full, ...

seb89
4th March 2011, 22:40
Come on, this is ridiculous... 1 year with no government... Sometimes I'm not proud to be belgian...

Oh you mean the Belgian politics, okay. I totally agree! Politicians are really crazy, especially the NVA, sorry for that Quentin! But be proud, we have beaten Iraq :p!

I thought you meant the people, culture,... :p

Quent91
4th March 2011, 22:42
I thought you meant the people, culture,... :p

No, no, of course :)

seb89
4th March 2011, 22:46
It's so lax... The killers and offenders are always released... The jails are full, ...

If they aren't released, they escape from the courtroom or jail, which is pretty easy :p! How many escaped last year or the year before? It was every day on the news. One escape was really funny: they landed the helicopter on the prison yard, three prisoners got in the helicopter and bye bye jail xrofl3 Last sunday again: 2 prisoners escaped :P

Quent91
4th March 2011, 22:57
And all the turbulent youngs that steal or attack people have nothing to worry about cuz they know they won't go to a detention center for youth... They must enjoy our failing system :evil: Our police is just rubbish.

Two days ago, the STIB (Brussels transports) hired 10 private sentinels, and today, once again, an attack in the biggest station with a knife etc... :evil: Last week, some pavements were thrown to a tramway and a metro...

It's simple, I don't go anymore to the city at night.

seb89
4th March 2011, 23:09
Again??? I looked it up, do you mean 'De Brouckère'? Yeah, the Brussels metro really needs more security! Public transport in Brussels is so expensive and so unsafe :p.

And the 'no go'-zones in Brussels definitely needs some heavy police coverage, if needed: the army! I find it just not logic saying 'it's too dangerous for the police to patrol'. Okay, it is dangerous for the police to patrol there, and if I were a policeman, I wouldn't be keen patrolling there either, but if needed send the army!!! You just can't tolerate criminality.

Woho, I'm looking forward to study in Brussels next year :s.

But what you say about the young delinquents is so true! It's just frustrating...

Quent91
4th March 2011, 23:19
Again??? I looked it up, do you mean 'De Brouckère'?

Yeah that's it ! Some neighborhoods of BXL really need to be cleaned... Excuse-me but it's a fact. In french, we have a word with which we call Brussels sometimes : Bronxelles (Bronx and Bruxelles = Bronxelles). Easy to find out why...

Maybe we should set up the military service, it would calm down some guys...
But the walloon/french socialists won't never accept the military presence in the capital...

But I think we are drifting away from the topic, so we should go back to what we hate :p :lol:

seb89
4th March 2011, 23:27
^ Hahaha Bronxelles hahaha that's cool, in Antwerp we have also a 'dangerous' neighbourhood, but it would be inappropriate to post the name :p (If you wanna know: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borgerhout#Kernen) :)

Well, we hate this detailled situation :p!

MyHeartIsYours
4th March 2011, 23:34

I wouldnt mind that, cuz I dont believe prison works in the majority of cases :p.

CypriotGirl
4th March 2011, 23:45
I hate:

-Twilight :twisted:
-Harry Potter :twisted:
-"Taken by a stranger" :twisted:
-"Born this way" of Lady GaGa! :twisted:
-Metal music :twisted:
-"Skyladika" (something like turbo-folk in Greek)
-Racism
-People who judge a nation or a group of people by the actions of individuals who belong to this group! (example: "All african people are liars" because they know an african person who is a liar!)
-People who don't speak to their child their native language, and in the end the child never learns to speak the language of one of its parents!
-When a eurovision song is in the native language of the country it represents, and they change it into english!
-People who listen only to rock and metal music, and they say that the rest music genres are of "low quality"!
-When a door is not completely shut and the wind make it hit all the time and makes noise!
-When the sink is dripping and make noise!
-Listening to live versions of songs (except of some artists that have nice live albums)!
-People who are never satisfied by what their country enters in ESC!
-When Cypriot singers represent Greece in ESC! (I support them of course, but I'd like to see them for Cyprus instead)!
-When a country sends in ESC a singer that has nothing to do with the country! (except Jon Lillygreen & The Islanders, because they had a Cypriot composer & lyricist)!
-Gossip tv programs (sometimes, when they present useless things about celebrities! We don't care what size of underwear Sakis Rouvas wear or what Elli Kokkinou eat with her new boyfriend in the park!)
-Fascism, Nazism, Communism, Dictatorship
-War
-Injustice
-When Americans are getting involved "to solve a problem in a country" by a war, and they do this for their own benefit!
-Politicians & politics in general!
-Atheists who think that those who believe in God are "stupid" because they think that science proved the non-existence of God, and the evolution!
-People who think that they know everything!
-People who don't let you tell them your opinion, because they are so close-minded!
-Lies
-When they don't choose the right song for ESC in a NF (see this year: Greece, Iceland, Malta...)
-Juries in NFs! (especially the Greek and the Cypriot ones! They are all bribed!)
-Lordi
-Lefteris Pantazis
-Stamatis Gonidis
-Antzela Dimitriou
-When some non-talented singers stay in a talent show because the people that come from the same place with them vote for them, while some very talented artist leave!!
-People who follow blindly the fashion, even when it's so tasteless!
-Cypriot nationalists who want union with Greece, don't call themseves Cypriots but Greeks, hate the Turkish-Cypriot and Turkish people, and say "Turkish good only dead"! Those people destroyed Cyprus! :(

seb89
5th March 2011, 00:25
I hate:
-When Cypriot singers represent Greece in ESC! (I support them of course, but I'd like to see them for Cyprus instead)!

I agree! I hate that too, when Belgian artist represent other countries :(! But last year Katerine Avgoustakis failed to represent Greece :twisted::twisted:!

r3gg13
5th March 2011, 05:18
I agree! I hate that too, when Belgian artist represent other countries :(! But last year Katerine Avgoustakis failed to represent Greece :twisted::twisted:!

Would you count Hadise to be one of those Belgians who represent other countries? or is she Turkish enough?

@FoFo- I don't like America snooping into other countries' issues neither. We already have so much issues locally, I think that we shouldn't go have a war some where else. It has costed us 3 Trillion US dollars so far. It's a pretty useless war if you ask me. I just hate how we can spend that much on that war and not on education, we're having so much budget cuts on education. University tuition raised by A LOT for me.

CypriotGirl
5th March 2011, 10:35

That was different, because she is of Greek decent! I don't care sometimes, if we have a good song as well, or even better! Like this year! I don't care that Loucas is Cypriot and he represents Greece!

CypriotGirl
5th March 2011, 10:38
Would you count Hadise to be one of those Belgians who represent other countries? or is she Turkish enough?

@FoFo- I don't like America snooping into other countries' issues neither. We already have so much issues locally, I think that we shouldn't go have a war some where else. It has costed us 3 Trillion US dollars so far. It's a pretty useless war if you ask me. I just hate how we can spend that much on that war and not on education, we're having so much budget cuts on education. University tuition raised by A LOT for me.

And i add: in the same time i loooooooooooove american people! I don't care about their government! ;)

Turkish97
5th March 2011, 10:56
And i must say i hate SOME Serbian,Cypriot,Greek people! They're so racist...

seb89
5th March 2011, 12:59
@R3gg13: I don't really know, but she became a superstar in Turkey after she became famous in Belgium. And she lives in both countries. But when she represented Turkey, she was all over Belgian television saying 'I love my country Belgium. It will always be my home', but probably because she wanted to get points, which she did :P. I don't know if she has the Turkish nationality? But she speaks every language in Belgium and Turkish fluently.

@FoFo: Yes, she has a Greek father, but has she ever lived in Greece, no? Has she the Greek nationality, no! First she participated in our NF, but she failed, so she tried a few years later in Greece and failed. She wasn't popular in Greece and doesn't speak Greek as far as I know. So why the hell would she represent Greece?

Kristi
5th March 2011, 14:01
You hate Romanian dance music, you hate rap music, you hate pop music, you hate folk music, do you listen to anything dude? :D

:lol: well yeah,rock,metal,house,lounge,trance everything else that isn't what I mentioned :p

CypriotGirl
5th March 2011, 14:41
@seb89: Greece has hundreds of singers and bands, but every year in their NF and their representatives in general there are a lot of Cypriots (this year: Loucas Yiorkas, Nikki Ponte, Valando Tryfonos, 2 of the 3 members of Triimitonio, last year: Eleftheria Eleftheriou, formerly: Anna Vissi, Sarbel) and singers who have Greek decent but grew up in another country (Kalomoira, Helena Paparizou, Katherine Avgoustakis, Despina Ricci...).
The same happened some times with Cyprus! Annet Artani, Jon Lilygreen & The Islanders, Lisa Andreas, and sometimes some completely unknown artists from the UK, etc, in our NF!
Other occasions I remember: Switzerland 2005 (Estonians Vanilla Ninja), Poland 2007 (a British rapper and a Russian singer), Poland 2008 (Isis Gee, an American), UK 1997 (Katrina & The Waves, an american band) etc!
We can't stop this, as long as EBU allows everyone to represent every country!

CypriotGirl
5th March 2011, 14:42

Add in this list SOME Turkish who are very racists as well! Racism in general is awful!

Milos-BC
5th March 2011, 15:41

I hope that no one from this board is on that list.... :)

r3gg13
5th March 2011, 18:08
@Seb: I remember her saying on her Eurovision.TV interview that she's both Belgian, and Turkish (doing the quotation mark sign), but she emphasized more on the fact that she's Belgian. She's really pretty though ;)

@FoFo: Yay for American love :) I just hate how the government functions sometimes too :lol:

nikolay_BG
5th March 2011, 20:12
ok... my turn :)

I hate :
-Alexander Rybak
-Hadise
-Safura
-Manga (the sucky "rock" band and not the comic books)
-Dima Bilan
-ESC in 2008
-the 2 semi final system
-the juries
-"Dancing lasha tumbai"
-commercial romanian songs that all of them sound like the same
-rap. but not R`n`B, just rap
-bulgarian artists who try to look like americans
-that americans call "black people" "african american". Since when Africa has only black people? And are all black americans born in Africa? That is really stupid and hypocrit in the same time ;)
-summer - I feel like in fry pan
-twitter
-justin bieber

and, and, and............................................... ..........................................

Matt
5th March 2011, 20:18
that americans call "black people" "african american". Since when Africa has only black people? And are all black americans born in Africa? That is really stupid and hypocrit in the same time

It's not stupid. They are called african americans cause their ancestors came from africa so it's part of their heritage and now they live in America. That is why they are called african americans. It's the politically correct term as some take offense to the word "black"

nikolay_BG
5th March 2011, 20:21
And what about the egyptians that live in USA who come from Africa too?

My anccestors come from the place where Czech republic is now. Does that make me a czech? I don`t think so ;)

Matt
5th March 2011, 20:25
We call them African-Americans because their ancestors came from Africa not by choice, but because they were forced to, after years of slavery, racial issues and segregation, the descendants of the black Africans brought to America, felt their real identity is African-Americans since they are not 100% African because they do NOT preserve the Afro culture (music, religion and cultural values) ( unlike other blacks in other countries e.g Haiti or Cuba or Africa itself) however their race is original from africa ( just like any black from anywhere else) and their nationality and culture is American, they have been here for generations, therefore! Yes! they are black thus Africans and Americans by birth and choice and national pride, and Because they are not the only blacks in the American continent and living in the US ( Jamaicans, haitians, west indians, Afro-Cubans, Afro-Dominicans, Afro-Brazilians, Black Puerto Ricans, those from Belize, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago etc etc these are also black) to define their culture and history they identify themselves as African Americans..

Also when you live in the US you'd probably get the idea of heritage a little bit more. America is a new country and everyone (not counting native americans) came from other continents, mostly Europe. And they identify themselves as half german or half dutch (depending on their heritage) but americans are very proud of the blood that runs through their veins, no matter where they're from.

But that is a totally different subject for a different threat but in order to understand the american way of thinking and their sense of heritage you probably wanna live here for a while or study it cause it is rather complex.

nikolay_BG
5th March 2011, 20:34
Most of the new generation of black people in America has nothing to do with Africa, so I still don`t get why you call them african american. It`s like saying that only black people live in Africa which is not true, since Africa was inhabited by white people since Egypt existed and North Africa is inhabited with white people in general.

Or like saying that in Asia live only people who look like chinese.

Anyways, that`s not our topic now ;)

Cooler
5th March 2011, 20:42
Here are things I hate, and most of others love :p ;)

-Rap music
-Bosnian currency (BAM)
-When I behave like a bitch [and others love that, cuz they think I'm too good as person :lol:]
-Opera
-Some ESC entries of some countries
-Beer [I love and drink only rum :D]
-Tattoos
-Twitter
-MySpace
-Kat DeLuna
-My nick :lol:
-When woman loves unsensitive mens more than sensitive XD
-When I can't watch videos on YT
-Spending lot of money to thinks I won't use :lol:

...and if I remember something more, I'll post it 8-)

lucian-crusher
5th March 2011, 23:43
-commercial romanian songs that all of them sound like the same

That's exactly why I love our music :D

MyHeartIsYours
6th March 2011, 01:43
Most of the new generation of black people in America has nothing to do with Africa, so I still don`t get why you call them african american. It`s like saying that only black people live in Africa which is not true, since Africa was inhabited by white people since Egypt existed and North Africa is inhabited with white people in general.

They are not African but they have African heritage and their descendants were African so they are entitled to use the prefix 'African'. People have a right to choose with what words they are described as - 'Black' for them has a long history of slavery, racism and abuse so is it any wonder they dont wanna use it? ;)
And it's not just Americans who use 'African Americans', it is the only word we use in the United Kingdom to describe black Americans ;).

ronny1988
6th March 2011, 02:07
They are not African but they have African heritage and their descendants were African so they are entitled to use the prefix 'African'. People have a right to choose with what words they are described as - 'Black' for them has a long history of slavery, racism and abuse so is it any wonder they dont wanna use it? ;)
And it's not just Americans who use 'African Americans', it is the only word we use in the United Kingdom to describe black Americans ;).

in german language we say 'Afro-Amerikaner'.

nikolay_BG
6th March 2011, 02:51
I still think it`s hypocritical and assimilating. If I was a black person in America i wouldn`t like to be called "african".
The same is happening with the gypsies. We have to call them roma, but nobody thinks that the gypsies are not only 1 tribe, but hundreds of tribes and some of them find discusting to call them roma. Plus the bulgarian word for roma ("rom") means also "rum" (yes, the alchoholic drink) and that makes it even more rediculous. "Not a neck, but a throught", like we say here.

And the word gypsy comes from the ancient greek [asing`anos] which means "seer"
Roma means " a person, male".
I think it`s cooler to be called a "seer" then "male" :lol:

I think changing a term wont erase racism automaticly.

I think the terms of races shouldn`t be political at all. Political corrected or not, I don`t think politics should involve into this.

dogmeat
8th March 2011, 09:05
It's the politically correct term as some take offense to the word "black"
Since when is the word "black" offensive?! This is major harm political correctness does - it adds negative meaning to words that are neutral by themselves. By avoiding calling people black, you're kinda like suggesting there's something wrong with dark skin colour.

MyHeartIsYours
8th March 2011, 11:23
You cant comment on such matters unless you're black yourself - the word 'Black' is associated with slavery, racism and violence in the United States, therefore they are called 'African Americans'. They were transported to the Americas against their will so they deserve to have some recognition of their heritage.

Blush
8th March 2011, 13:38
in this moment i only remember this:

lady gaga
high heels
botox
camping
matrix
harry potter
alcohol
smoking
poker
"Inception"

sannerz
9th March 2011, 06:24
I grew up in a BLACK community in America. No one uses "African American" anymore. If you were to HAVE to use the term African American, then you'd have to specify with everyone else such as "Scottish American" "German American" and blah blah. We don't specify as such, we say white representing all caucasians, and no one gets insulted. We say black to refer to people with darker skin, and no one gets insulted. We say Black History Month, we do not say African American History month. I don't see where the problem is, since there is absolutely no problem with saying "Black" in America. If you think there is, I do not know where you heard that.

Samb
9th March 2011, 22:39
And it's not just Americans who use 'African Americans', it is the only word we use in the United Kingdom to describe black Americans

Wrong.

We say Black History Month, we do not say African American History month. I don't see where the problem is, since there is absolutely no problem with saying "Black" in America. If you think there is, I do not know where you heard that.

More or less correct. Wroth bearing in mind that the guy who is trying to kick up a fuss about this doesn't seem to care about other things - such as the massacre of Palestinians - so I guess his moral compass is way off the map.

Quent91
9th March 2011, 23:08
... and also :

twitter
yahoo
linux
vista
slow internet
belgian digital television (only 3 channels)
internet explorer
france losing each year
justin bieber
harry potter
blue screens
the political discussion above me
when no one is on facebook
the moment i must go to bed
the moment i must get up
the first speed on a manual transmission car
lady gaga
michael jackson
jean claude van damme
youtube restrictions on some vids

Interrail
9th March 2011, 23:40
Ohh, youtube restrictions ...totally hate. aslo IE.
then:
skiing ..so cold.
shaving ...so boring.
when noone is on MSN :(
tequila
chewing gums
football club scarves
ties
Will and Grace
Rihanna
Kendra
Kardashians X-OI
DR 90210:mad:
Brainiac :confused:
when ppl r lazy to recycle
when ppl talk loud on mobile phone
when ppl wanna be 'friends' with animals (lions, gorilas, sharks etc..) so stupid.
ppl who wanna be nice/friendly with everybody
ppl with no opinion
socks and sandals - ugliest thing ever
and many many other things (written on 1st page).
Edit: + Romanian pop (all songs r same. always)

MyHeartIsYours
10th March 2011, 01:01
shaving ...so boring.

Agree with you big time! :lol:

Cooler
10th March 2011, 01:21
shaving ...so boring.
Totally agree! :lol:

tequila
xheart

Hegepege
13th March 2011, 15:21
Abba and beer ;)

busybee
13th March 2011, 18:06
Coca cola.

Stargazer
15th March 2011, 12:30
Lady Gaga
Twilight Saga
Apple and all their products
Justin Bieber
Internet Explorer
FarmVille
"Satellite"
"Taken By A Stranger"
Anime and Manga
Popular music (anything on the radio)
3D films
American remakes of foreign films. (It's insulting, especially if the foreign original was just released.)

Turkish97
15th March 2011, 13:41
"Taken By A Stranger"

xgood i think this song is overrated... :?

Stargazer
15th March 2011, 14:04
xgood i think this song is overrated... :?
Extremely overrated. To me it sounds like snooze-worthy elevator music. But to each their own, I suppose. :)

strupberry
15th March 2011, 19:16
tea
cell phones
Lady Gaga
spicy food
dancing
hot weather
basketball
Glee
horses
action movies
hair with bangs
manual cars

Valvejoodik
19th March 2011, 16:46
Watermelons :D

Kicker
19th March 2011, 16:53
Amaury Vassili - Sognu :D
Cola

Simon87
20th March 2011, 05:17
Vodka
Chocolate
Watermelons
Football
Sex and the City
Clubs
Big cars
White socks
Is it true?
Suit
+35C
-10C
Grapes
Black wine
Fanta
Fur
Light eyes
Lord of the rings
Action movies
SF movies

Okan
20th March 2011, 13:45

http://www.esctodayforum.com/images/smilies/goodpost.gif

Theatre
Golf
Nintendo DS
Dramatic Movies
Sunny Wheather

Valvejoodik
20th March 2011, 15:06

I'd add this to my list also :lol:

gazzerl67
20th March 2011, 16:11

Utter nonsense. If anyone I knew used the term African American instead of black I'd think they'd gone mad - or spent a week at PC school

doctormalisimo
21st March 2011, 01:01
i hate two and a half men. i dont get all the fuss about it. it's not funny and charlie sheen's mental breakdown deosnt make the show cooler. it just makes it more stupid.

MyHeartIsYours
21st March 2011, 01:06
Utter nonsense. If anyone I knew used the term African American instead of black I'd think they'd gone mad - or spent a week at PC school

My experience from studying African Americans in history - the teacher specifically told us not to use 'Black'.

aletem
21st March 2011, 03:22
i hate two and a half men. i dont get all the fuss about it. it's not funny and charlie sheen's mental breakdown deosnt make the show cooler. it just makes it more stupid.
You know that they kicked him out of the show??

sannerz
21st March 2011, 04:40
Candy.

I only like chocolate. Every other candy that's not chocolate, I hate. /:

vatroslav_cro
26th March 2011, 18:58
sannerz*
So you can be called as Candyman then loooooooooool:)xrofl3

ok, I don't like:

hipocracy,
lies,
double standards in any way,
wars,
poverty,
hunger
people you cannot rely on

well if I remember anything else, I ll add:):mrgreen:

californiadreaming
26th March 2011, 22:23
Smoking. It's disgusting and bad for health.

Sabiondo
26th March 2011, 22:50
Threse things i dont like

Lies
Betrayals
People who are looking to you for interest & not for real friendchip
People discriminatory
Smoke
Hunger
Druken all the time
Bullyings
hipocresy