PDA

View Full Version : Blu-Ray instead of DVD ?

Quent91
25th January 2011, 18:59
It's time, don't you think ? :p

Seriously, why don't they respect the customers ? The quality of a torrent file (720p) is higher than the official DVD's ! xsing

A-lister
25th January 2011, 19:10
Ehm no!

Blue Ray is a commercial flop first of all, most people doesn't own Blue Ray and are satisfied with DVD.

But, I see no problem in releasing both though. But never Blue Ray over DVD though.

MyHeartIsYours
25th January 2011, 19:35
I agree with A-lister, it should be Blu-Ray and DVD.

seb89
25th January 2011, 19:36
Ehm no!

Blue Ray is a commercial flop first of all, most people doesn't own Blue Ray and are satisfied with DVD.

But, I see no problem in releasing both though. But never Blue Ray over DVD though.

I agee! Not everyone has Blue Ray. Releasing them both is okay.

If the torrent is better, why do/did you buy the DVD?

Quent91
25th January 2011, 20:00
If the torrent is better, why do/did you buy the DVD?

I know, I know, it was stupid :(
I wanted to see the semi's again. I only have the final on my PC.

94ayd
25th January 2011, 20:57
No idea what Blu-Ray's anyway and I doubt they're more popular than DVDs...

Matt
25th January 2011, 20:59
Here in the U.S. Blu-Ray has become incredibly popular and is slowly becoming a 'must have' so I believe in a few years it will be standard. Not sure how popular it is in Europe though.

Quent91
25th January 2011, 21:38
In Europe, it's starting slowly... But it's quite more expensive than a DVD. And the players are also expensive (about 100€ against 30€ for a simple DVD player).

A-lister
26th January 2011, 11:43
Here in the U.S. Blu-Ray has become incredibly popular and is slowly becoming a 'must have' so I believe in a few years it will be standard. Not sure how popular it is in Europe though.

Well, I can't speak for all Europe, but here in Sweden (that is probably one of the most progressive countries when it comes to stuff like that), Blue Ray is not very popular and most people doesn't seem to bother about it even if they might have the cash for it.

Milos-BC
26th January 2011, 13:10
^^ It's the same in ::rs. Blu-Ray is totally unpopular.

Turkish97
26th January 2011, 13:12
Blu-Ray is totally unpopular.

Agree. :D

CiprianZisu
26th January 2011, 14:05
*DELETED BY ADMIN - PLEASE DO NOT INSULT OUR BOARD MEMBERS*

i dont know who u are or where u are from
but bluray CRUSHED dvd
and dont forget
the united states makes this stuff what it is
and in the united states
blurays sell in the millions nonstop
dvds are SUCH old technology
noone here in the states buys dvds anymore
its bluray or nothing
dvd is OLD technology

Quent91
26th January 2011, 14:07
Thank you CiprianZisu

CiprianZisu
26th January 2011, 14:07
and STOP insulting them by calling them bluEray
there is no E . go to grammar school
it is BLURAY

Quent91
26th January 2011, 14:10
More and more movies are released in both DVD and Blu-Ray, and some old classics are even remastered for a Blu-Ray release... This shows there's a real demand for the BR discs.

seb89
26th January 2011, 15:33
it is BLURAY

Sorry for insulting 'them', but you're no good either: it's Blu-ray apparently

MyHeartIsYours
26th January 2011, 16:32
it is BLURAY

Wtf?!! How the hell can you insult a bloody disc??
Eurovision isnt in the United States is it, what's the point in doing what the American consumer wants?? Understand things please before commenting on them, same with the United Kingdom's Eurovision entries ;).

Quent91
26th January 2011, 16:47
Guys, I just wanted to know if the EBU would release a DVD and a Blu-Ray version of the ESC 2011, don't start fighting on wether Blu-Ray is a european or american product...

Matt
26th January 2011, 16:49
There are a lot of things that are more popular/common here in the U.S. than they may be in Europe and vice versa.

Blu Ray may eventually catch on and become popular but in the meantime I totally agree that they need to worry about the european customer's needs. So I'm pretty sure the EBU will stick to DVD in the meantime but an optional Bluray would be kinda awesome if you ask me.

And FYI while bluray is getting quite popular a lot of people dont' want them as they are too pricy and a lot of people don't even have the proper player. And DVD's are NOT dead, that's a big exaggeration. Go to Blockbuster and you'll see how many people rent regular DVD's vs Blu-ray.

CiprianZisu
26th January 2011, 18:02
hey matt do you honestly still use block buster?
haha
i cant believe they are still surviving
blockbuster is like last millenium
redbox is INGENIOUS
but i love netflix even more

MyHeartIsYours
26th January 2011, 18:40
Seriously you need to get help...

seb89
26th January 2011, 19:42
Seriously you need to get help...
xgood!!!

Matt
26th January 2011, 19:44
Alrighty, no personal attacks. Remember, we're all here to have fun. Any concerns or complaints should go to a Mod. It appears this topic has been talked through and going off topic. So I will close the thread.