2nd May 2010, 15:11
How come can't France help 'em?! :shock:

Sim
16th July 2010, 09:53
Monaco will probably not compete because of budget limitations

AlekS
16th July 2010, 11:05
everyone's doing budget limitations xshrug
For instance Lithuanian broadcaster had to cut their budget on 40% but they still participated because of sponsors.

Sim
16th July 2010, 11:25
I just read it on a french newspaper ;)

AlekS
16th July 2010, 13:28
and I'm just commenting on what you read :)

Cole
29th July 2010, 21:50
I would love to see Monaco back in it. I dont think it is that likely this year, but i think they will try

Sway
30th July 2010, 00:12
Umm... sorry if I seem like an idiot now, but isn't Monaco one of the most wealthy countries in Europe?

At least the richest people live their... they should rob them and use their money :)

American Andy
17th August 2010, 08:11
Monaco is as bad as Italy and Austria, they refuse to participate due to poor results/not wanting to play with Eastern Europe. Austria is only competing because Germany won. Normally, I would group Luxembourg into this group, but they made an attempt to come back a year or two ago and withdrew at the last second. Monaco is just doesn't want to risk another poor result.

That's not to say I don't want them to come back, the more the merrier. I would love to see Monaco (and all the other countries I mentioned) return to the Contest, but they all have to get over themselves.

yulara
17th August 2010, 09:06
How come can't France help 'em?! :shock:
Monaco fights against France for his independance for several years now.
I don't see the French broadcaster helping them in a contest where France Tv already paid each year for the organisation of this contest for no results and no interest for the french people (ESC is consider as Has-been here).
And we also have to consider that since 2 years, France TV has a restricted budget as publicity isn't allowed in the evening.

Matt
17th August 2010, 14:30
Monaco is as bad as Italy and Austria, they refuse to participate due to poor results/not wanting to play with Eastern Europe. Austria is only competing because Germany won. Normally, I would group Luxembourg into this group, but they made an attempt to come back a year or two ago and withdrew at the last second. Monaco is just doesn't want to risk another poor result.

That's not to say I don't want them to come back, the more the merrier. I would love to see Monaco (and all the other countries I mentioned) return to the Contest, but they all have to get over themselves.

I agree with every word. I want Italy,Austria & Monaco to return to the contest as well. I usually like their entries but I'm very much against the "sore losers" attitude. Of course that's not the peoples fault but rather the broadcasters decision so I feel bad for the fans but saying they can't win because of the Eastern "mafia" is getting old and for two years in a row it has been proven that any country can win.
Especially with juries Monaco's odds have been increased tremendously so I hope to see them back soon but with the proper attitude.

Rodders
2nd October 2010, 00:21
i find it funny they have budget problems, they need private company to pay

doctormalisimo
19th March 2011, 17:11

its not about the winning, its about taking part....well at least it should be :)

Sean
19th March 2011, 18:37
Monaco is as bad as Italy and Austria, they refuse to participate due to poor results/not wanting to play with Eastern Europe.

Nyehehe

Samb
19th March 2011, 19:22
Monaco fights against France for his independance for several years now.

But doesn't the French TF1 group control 40% of TMC?

Quent91
19th March 2011, 20:35
TF1 don't participate in ESC since the 80's cuz they think it's a joke with no cultural interest.

GRE
28th April 2011, 09:29
If France wins i think that Monaco will join the contest,at least for 2012.