PDA

View Full Version : ANDORRA - Andorra 2011 - not taking part

escYOUnited
1st May 2010, 19:56
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/graphics/flags/large/an-lgflag.gif

Sim
2nd May 2010, 07:19
I hope they will come back because in 2007 they were robbed!

94ayd
2nd May 2010, 11:13
If they have the money, they will. :D

AlekS
2nd May 2010, 14:13
In 2007 they got what they deserved.
Please, come back with something better. Though they can send Anonymous again, it seems ppl liked them... with a different song.

94ayd
2nd May 2010, 14:14
I believe 2007 was the worst of the Andorran entries. :shock: It was the most good/normal-looking act, maybe... :roll: :lol:

Sim
2nd May 2010, 14:16
I loved andorra 2007 :lol:

ParadiseES
3rd May 2010, 14:31
In 2007 they would have qualified with the actual semifinals system ;)

imno12u
3rd May 2010, 18:27
If Anonymous were to try again I would support them

ithanspain
4th May 2010, 02:38
I hope they can participed next year...I guess Catalonia didn't give them money for ESC as we did in 2004. :x

ANDORRA COME BACK :mrgreen:
THE COUNTRY OF PYRENEES. :mrgreen:

AlekS
4th May 2010, 14:10
how do you know? ;)

ParadiseES
6th May 2010, 12:42
how do you know? ;)

Because with the pre-qualifiers system, some bad songs were directly in the final. So with the actual system, they wouldn't have qualified and the "just missing out" countries, like Andorra would have qualified.

Of course I can't be 100 % sure, but oh well I think it's logical ;)

94ayd
6th May 2010, 13:44
It depends on who was in the semi-final with them. ;)

AlekS
6th May 2010, 17:47
how do you know? ;)

Because with the pre-qualifiers system, some bad songs were directly in the final. So with the actual system, they wouldn't have qualified and the "just missing out" countries, like Andorra would have qualified.

Of course I can't be 100 % sure, but oh well I think it's logical ;)
I didn't mean subjective crap. We all have opinions :lol:
I was talking about the juries.
It's impossible to say 4sure... they could have Soraya-effect, btw.

It depends on who was in the semi-final with them. ;)
or it depends of someone who would be in the jury )))

Milos-BC
6th May 2010, 23:15
I hope they come back :)

I liked all their entries except 2006.

ParadiseES
6th May 2010, 23:55
I wasn't even talking about the juries. It was just because of the two semifinals system.

In 2007: 28 countries - 10 qualifiers
With the new system - max. 19 countries/semi - 10 qualifiers

It's clear it's much more easy, isn't it? :ugeek:

AlekS
7th May 2010, 00:37
I wasn't even talking about the juries. It was just because of the two semifinals system.

In 2007: 28 countries - 10 qualifiers
With the new system - max. 19 countries/semi - 10 qualifiers

It's clear it's much more easy, isn't it? :ugeek:
well, 2 more countries would qualify but on the other hand 18 (9+9) wouldn't qualify just like then. So they had to pray for a low amount of participants :lol: or for participating in the weakest semi or for much better Andorran entries (but again it's all subjective) 8-)

Raul_Spain
7th May 2010, 11:56
I think we won't see Andorra next year. Spanish economy is in coma and to tell the truth this country is nothing more than a part of Spain. Even Spanish participation is in danger. Thank God the FORTA (regional channels) wants to join EBU, although our entry would be xpuke

ParadiseES
7th May 2010, 12:39
I think we won't see Andorra next year. Spanish economy is in coma and to tell the truth this country is nothing more than a part of Spain. Even Spanish participation is in danger. Thank God the FORTA (regional channels) wants to join EBU, although our entry would be xpuke

Don't worry about Spain. It's true that we're in coma (and let's hope for the future and not to end up like Greece, but that's offtopic :geek: ...), but TVE gets an important part of its financing from a tax to the private channels, since TVE doesn't have advertising anymore.

And FORTA doesn't include every Spanish region, so I don't think FORTA could represent Spain + they are also public televisions anyway (some of them have even more deficit than TVE) + they are about 14 televisions, so I don't think all of them agreed on this :lol:

And about Andorra (this was the Andorran thread, wasn't it :lol: ), it's undenieable that Andorra doesn't mean a different state in terms of culture, but they are 100 % independent in fact. Trust me, we all would kill for being Andorrans and not Spaniards at this moment :lol:

aletem
9th May 2010, 10:16
I want them back, because I have yet to hear something pretty good from them. Sorry, but I haven't been fond of the Andorran entries and I expected their outcome in each year. :|
I found their 2008 to be good, but not enough. Same goes for their 2007 entry. Their 2004 entry was decent, but the others were rather horrible. :? :| I still want them back! :)

94ayd
9th May 2010, 14:29
Horrid just because you saw the outside and not the song. ;)

Nikoreindeer1973
9th May 2010, 14:43
Yay, I want Andorra back too!

ithanspain
20th May 2010, 02:56
I want Andorra back singing in Catalan not like in 2008 with that cheap Schlager song (Oh Casanova....nanananana!!! Lol xlisten)

Something like Anonymous (2007) could do well. My favorite was 2005 for my one of the best of that edition and really underrated.

ParadiseES
20th May 2010, 20:31
^

La mirada interior was my favourite too. It was such a lovely song and I still don't get why they were so terribly underrated :evil:

94ayd
20th May 2010, 23:49
Because of her looks, unfortunately... :!: It's one of my faves, too, deserved top 10, no doubt!

ithanspain
21st May 2010, 00:08
Because of her looks, unfortunately... :!: It's one of my faves, too, deserved top 10, no doubt!

Their look was cause an impact but was the best for the song and the lyrics.

Much better than the tree-men of Slovakia 2010. :lol:

Sim
30th May 2010, 14:06
Andorra is not intended to participate in 2011

94ayd
30th May 2010, 14:20
Won't the have enough money. :cry: Why doesn't Spain help them. I'm sure they still want to participate plus they'll have more chance now with 50/50 in semis.

Raul_Spain
30th May 2010, 15:20
Because we're poor like rats. I won't be surprised if Spain leaves the big 4 group.

ParadiseES
30th May 2010, 16:05
I think Andorra will return next year :)

And why should we help them if we can't affor even our own expenses!

94ayd
30th May 2010, 16:13
Can't you? That's too bad. Can't the EBU lower everybody's fees for once? ;)

ParadiseES
30th May 2010, 19:49
Can't you? That's too bad. Can't the EBU lower everybody's fees for once? ;)

Hmm..... Spain's government is reducing public workers' salaries, pensions and every social policy and still we're near to be place by EU just like Greece. With almost 20 % of unemployment and these policies we won't be able to grow and reduce that in years...

No, we can't sorry...

Matt
31st May 2010, 01:43
http://esctoday.com/news/read/15901

So for now it looks like they may not come back but nothing is set in stone. It must be quite difficult for a small country like Andorra to come up with the money but we'll see what's going to happen over the next few months.

AlekS
6th October 2010, 16:45
According to the Head of RTVA Andorra will not compete @ ESC 2011
http://www.diariandorra.ad/index.php?option=com_k2&id=7111&view=item&Itemid=435
They have no money for this and they won't have money for ESC 2011 for sure.

Matt
6th October 2010, 17:20
Definately a disappointment but at least they didn't lose interest. Hopefully in a few years Andorra will have the funds again so they can rejoin the ESC family.

94ayd
6th October 2010, 18:07
That's a shame! :(

AlekS
6th October 2010, 20:54
^ They can come back in 2012. He hinted that this crisis is not a constant thing. As long as the government finds money they can come back. Judging from the general tone they aren't even bothered by low results. They would like to promote their country in this way.

Milos-BC
6th October 2010, 21:38
A real shame indeed :( I hope they will come back in 2012 though

Turkish97
6th October 2010, 21:44
Oh no! :(

ithanspain
11th October 2010, 23:35
Won't the have enough money. :cry: Why doesn't Spain help them. I'm sure they still want to participate plus they'll have more chance now with 50/50 in semis.

TV3 (Public Television of Catalonia) help them in 2004 with the production of the programmes of the preselection to Eurovision. The programme was called "12punts" (12points) and was showed both in Andorra by (ATV) and Catalonia by (TV3). Also both of us could vote.
Also was a surprise that, public of Andorra and Catalonia had diferent favorite singer and song. Marta Roure was the most voted by Andorra and "Bis a Bis" by Catalonia. "Jugarem a estimar-nos" was the favorite song for andorran public and "Terra" was it, for the catalan one.

Here it's already the page of the programme- http://www.tv3.cat/12punts/

The argument to showed in Catalonia (and can vote), was that we had the same language (catalan) and was the first participation of Andorra...but, I don't think was totally fair to expend public money of catalns to chose the entry of Andorra.

And TVE helping ATV... If it cannot expend much money for our own selection, we will not help others.
However, always the Spanish Government can give a grant of some hundreds of euros to the Governt of Andorra. (To promote their own culture). As it does with others countries.

goktengri
11th October 2010, 23:39
Come back Andorra :(

Quent91
9th March 2011, 01:05
I was just wondering if TVE (the spanish broadcaster) was also involved in the RTVA budget as RAI is with San Marino RTV ? That could help them...

ithanspain
9th March 2011, 01:16
I was just wondering if TVE (the spanish broadcaster) was also involved in the RTVA budget as RAI is with San Marino RTV ? That could help them...

No, TVE isn't involved in RTVA budget.
At least in 2004 (first time participate at Eurovision) TV3 -public Television of Catalonia- help the Andorran Television to broadcast and produce the show "12punts" in which was selected the who had to represent the principate. Also the show was broadcasted at Andorra by (RTVA) and at Catalonia (Spain) by TV3, and catalan audience could also vote.
That's all. ;)

doctormalisimo
18th March 2011, 22:12
i liked andorra's entries, but you can see why they never qualified. whos going to vote for a country that they have no idea where it is??? (im sure a lot of you know, but does your average ESC viewer knw/care?)

Milos-BC
18th March 2011, 22:13
^^ Why does that matter?

If the song is good people will vote for it. Andorra so far (even though they had some good songs imo) didn't send anything that was supposed to qualify, so it's not surprising that they didn't make it.

doctormalisimo
18th March 2011, 22:21
their entries were always interesting and sing-alongable. i think it was just a reputation thing...

Milos-BC
18th March 2011, 22:26
^^ That's a subjective thing. I also liked their 2004 entry a lot, but I am not surprised it didn't qualify. It has nothing to do with reputation.

Matt
18th March 2011, 22:29
Yeah, I don't think it had anything to do with that, either. Ask your average western European person to find Croatia on a map.....good luck with that. Do they still vote for them? Sure do!

I liked a lot of Andorran songs (especially 2009) but none of them were considered favorites or even possible qualifiers. But I hope to see Andorra back soon (once they have the cash)

lucian-crusher
18th March 2011, 22:50
^^ Why does that matter?

I think it does! We always give high points to Greece because if they win it will be very close for us to go there and watch Eurovision live. If people don't know where ::ad is, they probably think it's not in Europe and can't afford to go there :lol:

Milos-BC
18th March 2011, 22:53
Haha, well I should then always vote for ::ro (with like 50 SIM cards :lol:) because I can come to watch ESC when you win :lol:

Actually, hey, it's not a bad idea, thanks Lucian xrofl3 :D

CypriotGirl
18th March 2011, 23:16
I used to like all the entries of Andorra, but they were nothing special. All their songs looked to be sent in a wrong year... Bad timing! Also, sometimes the stage performance was awful, like 2008 with Gisela!

Milos-BC
18th March 2011, 23:17
^^ Yes, I totally agree. I think the same :)

adamsamways
19th March 2011, 01:39
Aw I miss Andorra!! La Mirada Interior was one of my faves!! I always really wanted them to qualify but as has already been said, none of their songs were considered favourites to qualify which is a shame. I hope they come back soon! Loved that they always tried to use their native languages too!

r3gg13
19th March 2011, 06:21
Susana in 2009 was wonderful! I hope they'll be back in 2012 :)