http://j.imagehost.org/0293/san_marino.jpg

http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/9/c/upload/97cbfbf7.png

Performed by: Senit
Lyrics by:
Composed by:
Language: English

iowacorn
4th May 2010, 03:53
They were robbed in 2008. Complice was amazing. Please come back San Marino!

paddyirl
6th May 2010, 16:59
I hope they can get the money to enter. I like to see microstates entered.

AlekS
6th May 2010, 18:41
More than 50% of SMRTV shares are owned by RAI and ESC participation should be discussed with RAI owners.
At least this is how it was during 2009 when they refused.
I can see them (Italy and San Marino) entering (or not entering) together this time.

Milos-BC
6th May 2010, 22:06
Well, i hated "Complice" :oops:

But nevertheless, it would be nice to see San Marino back in 2011

Turkish97
23rd June 2010, 14:56
Please come back San Marino!

xgood

Sim
16th July 2010, 09:54
Probably san marino will not compete in esc 2011 because of budget limitations

KilledByShoes
25th September 2010, 20:56
Yeah, I doesn't seem very likely that they will reurn but I would love to see them take part again, Complice is one of my fave ESC songs ever and I would like to hear some more Italian at Eurovision.

Rodders
2nd October 2010, 00:19
I really hope they do!

manialf
10th December 2010, 10:27
YAAAAAAY even San Marino is now on the preliminary list to participate ;)

Very happy!!!

source= http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/provisional-san-marino-returns/

AlekS
10th December 2010, 11:56
San Marinio is back:
source: http://esctoday.com/news/read/16324

nothing surprising. I'd be more surprised if they didn't support their main shareholder RAI :lol:

Mickey
10th December 2010, 12:10
I was hoping they'd join forces with Italy. I guess the two of them can share their 12 points.

I really enjoyed their one and only entry, so San Marino are more than welcome in the Mickey household.

Gandan
10th December 2010, 12:17
Wonderful news!

Now, wait and see:!::geek:

Israeliboy
10th December 2010, 12:24
I hope so...^^^Hello Gandan, brother :)

Gandan
10th December 2010, 13:10
Hi boy! ;)

However, I hope San Marino won't send Little Tony. He is an old singer that, about 1 year ago told he'd like to represent his little country (he's italo-sammarinese, born in Italy (Tivoli, near Rome) from sammarinese parents)

Many peoples like him and his music but.... majority of these peoples aren't young :? :lol: XD

goktengri
10th December 2010, 17:57
It's nice to see more countries, welcome back San Marino !

Sim
10th December 2010, 19:03
Nice to see you back:D

So that brings the total on 41 countries:P

makkillottu
10th December 2010, 22:30
I think San Marino will confirm his entry, because the sponsors would have a bigger exposure due to Italy! ;)

Gandan
16th December 2010, 01:33
I've received a confidential info :lol: (no, he isn't Julian Assange :lol:)

San Marino isn't sure, but if they'll be in Dusseldorf their singer won't be Little Tony (oh my god, thanks! :D )

AlekS
22nd December 2010, 21:33
CONFIRMED :!: :mrgreen:
http://escdaily.com/articles/5427

“I can confirm that San Marino will take part in ESC 2011″ said Alessandro Capicchioni, who was the Head of Delegation for the broadcaster in Belgrade.

San Marino returning makes them the 41st country to confirm that they are definitely taking part in next year’s event.

94ayd
22nd December 2010, 21:34
AAAAAAAAAAAAWSOOOOOOOOOOOOOME! :mrgreen: Italy and San Marino taking part at the same time is gonna be so cool. ;)

Matt
22nd December 2010, 21:36
This is awesome news indeed. Good luck to San Marino!

Jukica
23rd December 2010, 00:54
http://www.eurovisionary.com/eurovision-news/san-marino-returns-contest-senit

Senit for San Marino? hmmm

Not impressed with this choice :/ I still hope for good song

AlekS
23rd December 2010, 01:08
I hope it's not true, otherwise it's xdoh
wondering how she sings live.

A-lister
23rd December 2010, 01:10
^
Listened to all the clips on her youtube page, omg she's really bad. If the entry will sound anything like the songs on the youtube channel, then San Marino could better stay at home instead of embarrass themselves.

I seriously almost fell asleep listening, the songs are extremely pointless and lame.

Milos-BC
23rd December 2010, 10:12
Welcome back San Marino xcheer

Sim
23rd December 2010, 10:31
Hopefully they send similar like 2008, it was way underrated!

Sean
23rd December 2010, 11:52
Yay, welcome back San Marino! :mrgreen: I hope they send something like they did in 2008, it was very underrated and an unusual type of song to make it to ESC, which is always nice :)

Scooby
23rd December 2010, 20:56
Welcome back San Marino and good luck

AlekS
24th December 2010, 20:44
SMRTV to announce Eurovision singer in January
http://esctoday.com/news/read/16388

SMRTV has confirmed to esctoday.com its participation at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Düsseldorf, thus informing that an official announcement concerning the Sammarinese entry and representatives will be released in January. Who will represent San Marino in Dusseldorf? Will the song be in Italian? All these queries will be answered in early January.

A-lister
24th December 2010, 23:13
^
I hope it's not Senit though! Or they REALLY need to find a good song for her (it would be her first :lol:)

bubblingtrue
27th December 2010, 14:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKtvTPDRiJs

i dont think shes that bad...she might be given a great song!

A-lister
27th December 2010, 14:08
^
I think her songs are the most generic boring things I've ever heard almost :lol:

But like you say; with a GOOD song she could be ok I guess, so whoever written/composed/produced her songs up until now has to go!

I hope for another act though. I'd like Paola & Chiara, as the X-factor will most probably go for Italy and P & C were once again excluded from the San Remo festival, so it could be a revenge for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfcqXJf3Z8

... with San Marino in; Italy will basically have two entries :lol:

bubblingtrue
27th December 2010, 14:10
i dont imagine she writes the songs though, or has much choice in what she sings! Her voice isn't bad...so she might be given a belter ;)

A-lister
27th December 2010, 14:29
^
But who would write such boring songs in the first place!? I forced myself to listen through all songs on her youtube channel and it's very seldom I find an artist that has got so boring songs. It's not that they are just only boring, they all lack of melody even.

Well, we'll have to wait and see, but if she has been chosen then atleast someone must like her music.

Ewigkeit
29th December 2010, 12:13
Welcome back San Marino, and finally their twelve points go to Italy :D

PeterLPZ
30th December 2010, 23:15
These are really good news. I was very surprised about it, but I like this decision very much.
So welcome back and good luck for Düsseldorf. xcheer

makkillottu
4th January 2011, 17:13
http://news.eurofestival.ws/2011/01/04/san-marino-la-decisione-il-16-o-17-gennaio-un-big-fra-gli-autori-del-brano/

The 16th or 17th, January San Marino will decide who send to Eurovision 2011! :)

Matt
14th January 2011, 21:37
San Marino will reveal on February 3rd in a press conference their plans for ESC. So we should know the singer and song that day.

A-lister
17th January 2011, 12:43
^
I hope they come up with something better than Senit (what a boring act really) or Roberto Meloni (someone should keep this guy as far from Eurovision as possible!).

Gandan
18th January 2011, 14:12
San Marino will reveal on February 3rd in a press conference their plans for ESC. So we should know the singer and song that day.

SMRTV has told that in the press conference will be revelead only the artists... (I think singer, composers and lyricists...) an "international production"... :?

But maybe for S.M. "international production" could be an italian production :lol:

Schlagerman1
18th January 2011, 14:14
SMRTV has told that in the press conference will be revelead only the artists... an "international production"... :?

But maybe for S.M. "international production" could be an italian production :lol:

Or Swedish...In Eurovision it is swedes everywhere so I wouldn't be suprised if someone tries their luck there for a little money! :P

Gandan
18th January 2011, 14:18
Or Swedish...In Eurovision it is swedes everywhere so I wouldn't be suprised if someone tries their luck there for a little money! :P

Oh, it's possible!

It would be wonderful *_*

Melodi nummer 18, San Marino! Linda Bengtzing med "E de fel på mig"!!!

xcheer

wohoooo :D

Quent91
18th January 2011, 14:18
I'm afraid they won't qualitfy for the final... They are set in the most unfair semi-final, without Italy voting for it...

Gandan
18th January 2011, 14:20
I'm afraid they won't qualitfy for the final... They are set in the most unfair semi-final, without Italy voting for it...

According to me San Marino and Malta.... no way xcry

I'm sad...

makkillottu
18th January 2011, 17:00
San Marino will qualify for the Final, IMHO! :)

GRE
18th January 2011, 17:06
No way...
IF they had the PERFECT song
and
IF they were in the 2nd semifinal
and
IF they had Italy voting in their semi
and
IF they had a good draw
and
IF the rest songs were very weak,
then yes San Marino would have posibility to qualify!

Matt
18th January 2011, 17:10
It's funny how people think that countries have no chance of qualifying. Every country that has the right song has the chance to qualify. San Marino participated only once with a song that was considered rather weak and forgetable and was low in the odds from the beginning so if San Marino sends a great song and performs well they have all the chances in the world to qualify.

94ayd
18th January 2011, 23:56
Not to mention the horrid performance... :lol:

makkillottu
1st February 2011, 16:22
Eddy Anselmi has been appointed as Project Manager, Senior Delegation Member, etc...

http://news.eurofestival.ws/2011/02/01/san-marino-comincia-a-svelare-le-carte-eddy-anselmi-consulente-artistico/

A-lister
1st February 2011, 16:27
Crossing fingers they won't go for that tuneless sleeping-pill Senit or joke Roberto Meloni, as been rumored.

Hope to be happily surprised!

KilledByShoes
1st February 2011, 17:03
It's funny how people think that countries have no chance of qualifying. Every country that has the right song has the chance to qualify. San Marino participated only once with a song that was considered rather weak and forgetable and was low in the odds from the beginning so if San Marino sends a great song and performs well they have all the chances in the world to qualify.
I totally agree, we haven't even heard the song yet so it's unfair to speculate about the resoults already.
As for Complice, I actually like it a lot. It's a great song, it's just not something that would work in Eurovision or strike at first listen especially because (for me, at least) its best part is the lyrics.

makkillottu
1st February 2011, 20:24
Crossing fingers they won't go for that tuneless sleeping-pill Senit or joke Roberto Meloni, as been rumored.

Hope to be happily surprised!

Can't talk about it, but that's not the case. Be confident... ;)

A-lister
1st February 2011, 20:57
Can't talk about it, but that's not the case. Be confident... ;)

Hmm.. now i'm curious, you actually know what's going on? ;)

Narmina
1st February 2011, 21:37
Sammarinese national broadcaster SMRTV has informed esctoday.com that they have appointed Eddy Anselmi as the project manager and artistic consultant for the 2011 San Marino Eurovision project. San Marino will announce their Eurovision 2011 representative in a press conference on the 3rd of February.

hope will have a nice entry

makkillottu
1st February 2011, 23:29
Hmm.. now i'm curious, you actually know what's going on? ;)

:oops: ... xlisten2

Gandan
2nd February 2011, 14:44
:oops: ... xlisten2

Vamossss Makkillò! :mrgreen:

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

A-lister... wait and see... :lol: If our assumptions are true... xsing

Gandan
2nd February 2011, 23:15
San Marino has chosen Senit -----________------

www.senit.sm ---____---

A-lister
2nd February 2011, 23:20
^
Oh nooo! :( :( Are you sure? The link doesn't work...

If her song will sound ANYTHING like what she's done till now, it'll be a bottom position for San Marino again.

Gandan
2nd February 2011, 23:29
^
Oh nooo! :( :( Are you sure? The link doesn't work...

If her song will sound ANYTHING like what she's done till now, it'll be a bottom position for San Marino again.

Read the webpage title... ;_;

http://sukhbaatar.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/senit.PNG

And then..

http://twitter.com/senitmusic

Always ready for a new adventure!
circa 2 ore fa via Facebook

Bad choice! Bad choice! -.-

ParadiseES
2nd February 2011, 23:36
hmmm I don't like the choice. Senit is a Christina Aguilera wannabe.... :?
But let's wait for SMRTV to confirm it and announce the song. The girl has a great voice, but her style sucks imo...

A-lister
2nd February 2011, 23:36
@ Gandan

Oh God no!

I hope this is just a coincidence.

I really FORCED myself to listen to her previous songs, and they all sucked!!

A-lister
2nd February 2011, 23:38
hmmm I don't like the choice. Senit is a Christina Aguilera wannabe.... :?

Christina Aguilera? Did we listen to the same artist?

Senit is like wanna-be-the-dullest-artist-ever lol

I usually find atleast one good song even from artists I dislike, but in this case they all sounded very dull, uncatchy and very bad production aswell, like extremely amateur-ish.

I feel bad for San Marino, they really need something really good to have a chance at all.

evilperson
2nd February 2011, 23:40
^Perhaps the one good song from this artist will be the one they have for ESC?

A-lister
2nd February 2011, 23:40
^Perhaps the one good song from this artist will be the one they have for ESC?

Perhaps :lol:

I hope so for San Marino's sake.

Gandan
2nd February 2011, 23:41
Bah, :(

Another chance for Malta :lol:

ParadiseES
2nd February 2011, 23:42
Christina Aguilera? Did we listen to the same artist?

Senit is like wanna-be-the-dullest-artist-ever lol

I usually find atleast one good song even from artists I dislike, but in this case they all sounded very dull, uncatchy and very bad production aswell, like extremely amateur-ish.

I feel bad for San Marino, they really need something really good to have a chance at all.

Yeah, some of her songs have that annoying R&B style. I said Christina Aguilera cause that was the first name that came to my mind.

A-lister
2nd February 2011, 23:45
Yeah, some of her songs have that annoying R&B style. I said Christina Aguilera cause that was the first name that came to my mind.

But her music sound like made by deaf people in some cellar somewhere :lol:

I like R&B generally, but this?

AlekS
2nd February 2011, 23:47
Not gonna change the thread title until official announcement.
*hoping for a good song*

A-lister
2nd February 2011, 23:49
^
Are they gonna present the song tomorrow aswell or just announce their act?

A-lister
2nd February 2011, 23:59
I'm gonna try to stay optimistic, but this is so bad I don't even know where to start :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5NbzCc1rlI

The worst thing it's meant to be serious, but comes across as some kind of bad joke.

Gandan
3rd February 2011, 00:08
^
Are they gonna present the song tomorrow aswell or just announce their act?

Only the act with lyricists & co...

Schlagerman1
3rd February 2011, 00:15
Well she doesn't sound too bad...not great, but hey, It's San Marino, doesn't expect much from small countries..

Still we'll see if she gets a good song or not..hopefully in Italian! :)

A-lister
3rd February 2011, 00:15
Only the act with lyricists & co...

I see. Not that exciting then, especially if it's true that Senit is the one.

But I decided to be nice though, I can't judge a song until it's heard.

But broadcasters doesn't invite artists randomly though, they must have seriously liked what they heard? That kinda scares me. Or maybe they hade no interested ones and she called them herself?? lol

Anyways. I will not make fun of poor Senit anymore, she might really surprise us all. But if the broadcaster contacted her because they wanted something like her past music, then my hopes are almost zero.

A-lister
3rd February 2011, 00:17
Well she doesn't sound too bad...not great, but hey, It's San Marino, doesn't expect much from small countries..

Still we'll see if she gets a good song or not..hopefully in Italian! :)

She's not from San Marino though.

Well, Luxembourg send fab entries back in the past with imported singers. Andorra had a couple of decent ones aswell. San Marino could use some of their banking money for something better I guess.

ParadiseES
3rd February 2011, 00:17
^^And anyway, she's not THAT bad ;)

A-lister
3rd February 2011, 00:18
^^And anyway, she's not THAT bad ;)

Am I the only one thinking this is REALLY bad? :lol:

I guess so... hmm

Well good for San Marino if people like this.

94ayd
3rd February 2011, 00:22
It was kinda painful to watch and listen to but if your separate them it becomes tolerable... xrofl3

ParadiseES
3rd February 2011, 00:23
It looks rather disappointing, but not that horrible and amateurish as many songs that we get in ESC year by year ;)

A-lister
3rd February 2011, 00:25
It looks rather disappointing, but not that horrible and amateurish as many songs that we get in ESC year by year ;)

Hmm.. I'm not too sure about that :lol:

Gandan
3rd February 2011, 00:34
Am I the only one thinking this is REALLY bad? :lol:

I guess so... hmm

Well good for San Marino if people like this.

I agree with you :°D

Jukica
3rd February 2011, 00:45
I don't think that Senit is bad choice ... but let's wait for a song

aletem
3rd February 2011, 01:11
I'm sure she will do better than their last entrant, who got only 1 point.

goktengri
3rd February 2011, 01:26
Agree with Juki. I should hear the song first, to judge. But there are some songs of her that i like

evilperson
3rd February 2011, 06:31
Senit is officially the entrant for San Marino.
Details of the song will be revealed in the days to follow:
http://www.senit.sm/news/sara-senit-a-rappresentare-san-marino-all-eurofestival-2011

Sim
3rd February 2011, 07:47
Well, I think it's best to wait for the song:)

A-lister
3rd February 2011, 12:20
Worst artist choice ever! In the league of Rodolfo and Popstar Queen imo :lol:

And what was all this about then? (written not long ago): 'San Marino will be represented by "an international production" matching "the history and the roots" of the country'.

Now, I'm no expert on San marinese history, but I can't see where Senit's style of music matches the history and roots of this country?

Narmina
3rd February 2011, 12:40
I don't like this singer at all. But hope maybe the song will be suitable....

Matt
3rd February 2011, 14:11
I have to agree with most of you that the singer comes across as unintentionally funny. She doesn't have a bad voice but her current style is...well...let's call it you have to get used to it.

If all of that talk about the internationally successful producers is true I still have hope they will come up with something more contemporary and serious than her prior work. We shall see......

Quent91
3rd February 2011, 14:20
Will it be a new Miodio disaster ?

makkillottu
3rd February 2011, 16:03

I don't think so, here you can find some songs of Senit, to understand what's her style:

BXtfJSYjo1Q

ch7Kbe_Uzx8

Narmina
3rd February 2011, 16:16

Personally me liked Modio's "Complice" very much!! but of course it's my own opinion

Canuck
3rd February 2011, 18:00
And what was all this about then? (written not long ago): 'San Marino will be represented by "an international production" matching "the history and the roots" of the country'.

I think they are trying to use this metaphorically, because San Marino has been known as a 'Republic of the World' since their independence in 305 A.D. Thus, they are probably going to use international producers, performers on stage, etc.

I think if we judge her music, we are misguided. The music is pleasant but seems like its missing something. As she is largely unknown, she may just not have had the money for a proper production team, and maybe the Sanmarinnese Eurovision team can give her that? I think we're too quick to judge, and I see some potential in her style.

Margerita86
3rd February 2011, 19:03
I, like Narmina, also rather like Complice but I fear (although I hope to be wrong) that this will be a complete disaster and thus no San Marino next year.

Mickey
3rd February 2011, 19:09
I don't have particularly high expectations for San Marino this year, but I don't think they're going anywhere. They'll probably hang around as long as Italy are still participating.

Kryptonite
3rd February 2011, 20:04
Personally me liked Modio's "Complice" very much!! but of course it's my own opinion

I actually liked it too! :D

Quent91
3rd February 2011, 22:58
I loved Complice, as well. But it was a disaster, according to the rest of Europe.

A-lister
3rd February 2011, 23:28
I think they are trying to use this metaphorically, because San Marino has been known as a 'Republic of the World' since their independence in 305 A.D. Thus, they are probably going to use international producers, performers on stage, etc.

I think if we judge her music, we are misguided. The music is pleasant but seems like its missing something. As she is largely unknown, she may just not have had the money for a proper production team, and maybe the Sanmarinnese Eurovision team can give her that? I think we're too quick to judge, and I see some potential in her style.

I see. Because surely that message was misleading, if they're not planning to send her with something completely different than what she's already done.

I really hope they picked her on singing merits only and not song merits, because if it's the latter then they really got a major problem.

Hopefully you're right about the production thing, but on the other hand there are some artists producing their stuff at home, and it sounded way more professional than her stuff. Also, she obviously got money to produce videos, so I don't think she was an act of absolutely zero importance.

The major turn-off in Senit's music to me is not only the amateur production, it's that the songs lack so much. I mean a good/catchy melody could make up for lack of
originality, but her music comes close to being even tuneless. Now, there are good music that doesn't have an direct easy melody, but her music doesn't comes across as having that aim either.

I hope they really work day and night on this. With the right song and production they could convince me even.

94ayd
4th February 2011, 00:58
I can see at least two advantages over MioDio - she's a woman and she looks really beautiful. :mrgreen: :lol:

Milos-BC
4th February 2011, 10:26
Everything depends on the song, but from I have heard I am not really impressed with this choice. However it's better than MiOdio

Jukica
4th February 2011, 10:53
I don't think that it's bad choice, but as I said already ... let's wait for the song :D

I agree with Miloš, better than Miodio

A-lister
4th February 2011, 12:17
^
Miodo was better imo.

But as you say, it all comes down to the song.

Scooby
4th February 2011, 19:04
This is not good idea for San Marino!

Canuck
5th February 2011, 04:57
lets be completely honest guys:

what were the chances that san marino would get some 'big-name' person to represent them? not that high. san marino is a very tiny country, and i think its awesome that they are at least trying ^.^

evilperson
5th February 2011, 05:46
Big names aren't required for ESC, if this woman can sing then she's fine. San Marino decided to go for a certain genre of music, one that may not appeal to everyone but then again not all music appeals to everyone. This artist may not have the best repertoire to some, but its very hasty to judge without hearing the song for Eurovision. Who's to say it may not end up being the best one?

A-lister
5th February 2011, 16:24
Big names aren't required for ESC, if this woman can sing then she's fine. San Marino decided to go for a certain genre of music, one that may not appeal to everyone but then again not all music appeals to everyone. This artist may not have the best repertoire to some, but its very hasty to judge without hearing the song for Eurovision. Who's to say it may not end up being the best one?

True, but on the other hand I guess she was chosen because of her repertoire right? If that's so then I have low hopes for this entry.

Big names aren't important, the songs are. We'll just have to wait and see.

A-lister
5th February 2011, 19:40
After reading this interview, I feel a little less skeptic.

I like her spirit and attitude towards Eurovision.

http://ilkar.blogspot.com/2011/02/senit-aiming-to-beat-italy.html

paddyirl
5th February 2011, 20:25
I think this a good choice but she has no chance of qualifying unfortunately.

AlekS
9th February 2011, 18:23
Senit will perform her song on the Azeri NF on February 11.

adnar
9th February 2011, 18:30
Great news! I will definately watch the Azeri final then. I must say that I was listening to some Senit songs on the net and I like her style. She has some songs in Italian that would suit eurovision.

Kryptonite
9th February 2011, 20:08
Senit will perform her song on the Azeri NF on February 11.

Yay!! :D We'll soon find out another ESC entry :D

AlekS
9th February 2011, 20:48
^ well, it hasn't been said if she performs her entry :*), just that she will perform on the NF. Though I don't get what's the point in crossing gadzillion miles, going to another country and performing something else ... for totally unknown singer :lol: so most def this is her entry :)

Canuck
9th February 2011, 20:50
^ well, it hasn't been said if she performs her entry :*), just that she will perform on the NF. Though I don't get what's the point in crossing gadzillion miles, going to another country and performing something else ... for totally unknown singer :lol: so most def this is her entry :)

:lol: very true. I would imagine that she's performing her entry there as well, considering San Marino is such a small country (with a subsequently small budget) that I can't imagine they would send her there just to play one of her old songs.

Scooby
9th February 2011, 22:48
It's a little strange that promoting of Sammarinese song will be held in Azerbaijan

xshrug

Quent91
9th February 2011, 22:53
Maybe they wanna get more points from the east :lol:

Scooby
9th February 2011, 23:21
So the best thing for her is that only music promote in Azerbaijan, lyrics in Georgia and all together sing in Armenia D

http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Dancing%20Animated%20Emoticons/happydance.gif http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Dancing%20Animated%20Emoticons/happydance.gif http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Dancing%20Animated%20Emoticons/happydance.gif

A-lister
10th February 2011, 00:27
:lol: very true. I would imagine that she's performing her entry there as well, considering San Marino is such a small country (with a subsequently small budget) that I can't imagine they would send her there just to play one of her old songs.

... And who would wanna hear those songs anyways? :lol:

No, I bet it's gonna be the entry, otherwise it's a very useless promo trip.

Gandan
10th February 2011, 16:07
No, I bet it's gonna be the entry, otherwise it's a very useless promo trip.

I agree :?

r3gg13
12th February 2011, 05:45
I watched the Azeri NF where she did a promo, she sounds good, and she has the power to belt songs.

I just felt like she was a bit rude when she was trying to say thank you in Azeri and she just suddenly said "Whatever"

94ayd
12th February 2011, 12:36
xrofl3 I HAVE to see this. :D

evilperson
12th February 2011, 15:31
They asked her who she thought would win ESC and her response was, "San Marino of course" jokingly and the presenter didn't let it slide and threw Azerbaijan in there. :lol:

AlekS
12th February 2011, 16:13
Senit @ the Azeri NF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9hN-PGd6CY

94ayd
12th February 2011, 16:16
She sings well but her outfit - :lol: The interview in the end or "WHATEVER" it was was pretty xrofl3...

AlekS
16th February 2011, 21:07
The song will be presented on March 11. Most def it will be in English.

Matt
22nd February 2011, 19:50
Senit is getting ready for the final song presentation which will represent San Marino in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. According to www.escireland.com there are two songs submitted to the San Marino state television for Dusseldorf’s Eurovision edition. One song is up tempo dance song with a small part in English and main lyrics in Italian and the other is a powerful ballad half in English and half in Italian reminding the 2008 Norwegian entry.

The final decision will be made by SMRTV Eurovision team on March 11th. According to SMRTV’s Eddy Anselmy the song titles for Senit could be Il silenzio dell’amore and Passione movimento.

SOURCE (http://www.oikotimes.com/eurovision/?p=1734)

A-lister
22nd February 2011, 20:34
Senit is getting ready for the final song presentation which will represent San Marino in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. According to www.escireland.com there are two songs submitted to the San Marino state television for Dusseldorf’s Eurovision edition. One song is up tempo dance song with a small part in English and main lyrics in Italian and the other is a powerful ballad half in English and half in Italian reminding the 2008 Norwegian entry.

Hmm interesting, I like the fact that they'll use a big portion of Italian, I thought we'd get 100% English.

The latter style sounds more promising, but it depends. I'm not really fond of "powerful ballads" as in Eurovision it often means something tacky and oldfashion, but if it's in similar neo-retro style as the 2008 Norwegian entry it might be good, although that was midtempo not ballad.

Scooby
22nd February 2011, 22:17
I'm not sure that she has a "voice" for powerful ballad :?

A-lister
22nd February 2011, 22:43
I'm not sure that she has a "voice" for powerful ballad :?

But they compared it to Norway 2008 though, which I wouldn't even call a ballad in the first place.

94ayd
23rd February 2011, 02:37
Happy we're ending up with at least 50% Italian + an Italian title... :lol:

adnar
11th March 2011, 10:54
Anyone of you know when there will a presentation for San Marino be made?

I mean the hour and the possible broadcast,

EDIT: It is known now, 20:10 CET on SMRTV.

Scooby
11th March 2011, 18:27
Link:

http://www.eurovision.tv/esctv/main?program=26883.

adnar
11th March 2011, 19:22
^ great! Now I have been looking to see if there is any stream of San Marino TV and couldn't find it, so I am happy there will definately be a stream ;)

iowacorn
11th March 2011, 20:24
Decent song.

dizzydjc
11th March 2011, 20:25
It could do well... does remind me a lot of Norway 2008 but slightly slower

Kemija
11th March 2011, 20:25
Ok song.

adnar
11th March 2011, 20:32
It's decent, however lacks something (like Slovakia, but for me San Marino is better than Slovakia).

deese
11th March 2011, 20:33
Ok, I've watched and I didn't like it at all. Boring. Thus I give it 0 points.

Milos-BC
11th March 2011, 20:46
You can hear it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwRQIZbnWs&feature=player_embedded

EvanESCIreland
11th March 2011, 20:49
It's BRILLIANT!!! I rank Number 7 for moment, but I will make my decision on whether San Marino is in my top 10 this year, but I would say so!!!

Matt
11th March 2011, 20:58
I really like this kind of music so I'm very happy with San Marino's song. Now I don't think that it's the kind of song people would vote for in a music contest but nevertheless...thumbs up from me

Bojan
11th March 2011, 21:03
very underwhelming. no final I guess.

Milos-BC
11th March 2011, 21:06
Very bad song imo. Forgettable, dated and veeeery bland. Sounds more like a demo actually

0 points. It is a sure non-qualifier, and one of the bottom 3 places is reserved for Senit this year.

Margerita86
11th March 2011, 22:09
Ok, I've finally heard the entry of San Marino now and I don't feel impressed at all.
I also fear since the song is not so good that it won't do well either but a really good live performance could always increase the chances.
Still 4 points for a decent song at least.

sannerz
11th March 2011, 22:19
Nothing too special, but it's a nice song. Won't do well with Europe, though.

Simon87
11th March 2011, 22:38
It just ok
5pts

LakZaNokte
11th March 2011, 23:02
I like it.
esc came to a point where ballads stand out lol...and this is a fine ballad, just have to wait for live version for final thoughts

evilperson
11th March 2011, 23:16
Oh no, this is very bland. I was hoping she would've come up with something better, she seems like a quirky person.

Schlagerman1
11th March 2011, 23:22
Wow, this years most boring song....I'm afraid that San Marino will get a 0 this time :(

ParadiseES
11th March 2011, 23:45
Felicitazione San Marino. You have the most forgettable song this year and you will end up last this year, and this year it will be deserved ;)

AlekS
11th March 2011, 23:55
Eurovision Song Contest 1981 :lol:
But even this song would screwed up there, imo.

This ESC year is a pure torture.... I'll try to like few songs (and force myself VERY effen hard) but it won't be this one :(

damienn
11th March 2011, 23:58
It's a decent song, that will probably end up somewhere in the middle, but still, it all comes down to the live performance on site, It's easy to speculate by listening to official video's where sound specialists have done their work.
Charisma and voice and live performance it's what determines the winner

MyHeartIsYours
11th March 2011, 23:59
Quite good San Marino, 7 points from me! :D

thms
12th March 2011, 00:07
beautiful song.. one of the best entries this year

Quent91
12th March 2011, 00:29
Do you guys think it could qualify ?

MyHeartIsYours
12th March 2011, 00:36
I dont see why not, I cant say properly though until I hear all of the entries (I will do that sometime next week :D).

AlekS
12th March 2011, 00:41
imo, the last place in the semi is reserved for her.

aletem
12th March 2011, 00:46
It is ok, very forgettable indeed. I can see some juries voting for this. It should do better than Complice, but not a whole better. I can see Malta voting for them. 2 points from me.

sannerz
12th March 2011, 01:01

I think it SHOULD, but I don't think it will.

94ayd
12th March 2011, 01:38
Hmm, even though I was hoping for Italian + up-tempo this is quite nice, actually. Her voice is really pleasant, as is this song. I'm sure she'll perform way better than MioDio - 8 points. ;)

MyHeartIsYours
12th March 2011, 01:42
Is Italy voting in San Marino's SemiFinal?

A-lister
12th March 2011, 01:50
Is Italy voting in San Marino's SemiFinal?

Nope, don't think so.

MyHeartIsYours
12th March 2011, 01:57
Aww shame, I thought they might give them a few points! :lol:

Rusch
12th March 2011, 04:53
actually, I quite like it.

r3gg13
12th March 2011, 06:28
Not bad at all. I enjoyed watching it, but I must say that it's a tad bit bland

CPV4931
12th March 2011, 11:42
The song is average. It will be difficult to pass the semi, even if they are in the fist one.

EvNickGR
12th March 2011, 14:29
Average song for San Marino...:S Unfortunately it will be very diffiult to pass...

CypriotGirl
12th March 2011, 17:15
I expected much much more! At least, I expected another song in Italian! But this song is really average, boring, and old fashioned... 4 points from me, and I think it's too much for it!

PeterLPZ
12th March 2011, 18:39
It´s a nice song - 10 points from me.

thms
12th March 2011, 21:56
this song is potentially a winner.. i think san marino are holding back, and that this is not the final version.. even senit was hidden under a large hat and sunglasses.. ;)

EurovisionSmile
12th March 2011, 22:21
A bland song, another one to flop in the eurovision song contest. Sorry San Marino, but can't see this impressing the european audience.

Scooby
12th March 2011, 22:51
They said that Senit will sung a powerful ballad?
I can't see anything POWER in this song, especially no in her voice!

Sorry SM but this song is just forgetful! 0 :(

Stargazer
12th March 2011, 23:05
8 points! Not bad at all, San Marino.

evilperson
13th March 2011, 03:52
I'm changing my opinion on this already! I actually really enjoy this song and the lyrics are very lovely. I don't think it has high chances for qualification however which is unfortunate! :(

sapsan
13th March 2011, 12:27
6 pts The song is average but nice. I hope it will be qualified taking into account that San Marino has a good potencial on Eurovision and I'd like to see them next years.

Muireanne
13th March 2011, 12:30
Not bad... 8pts from me

busybee
13th March 2011, 16:37
Nice song. 7 points and I'm going to vote for Senit in May, I hope San Marino will be in the final :)

Sean
13th March 2011, 16:55
2 points, it's just....mehh

Kryptonite
13th March 2011, 18:32
Not bad, San Marino! 7 points from me :)

Interrail
13th March 2011, 22:18
After OK beginning (few seconds) song becomes seriously boring and empty:S
I don't like it.
Just because SanMarino is still with us @ ESC....I give it 3p.:D

goktengri
14th March 2011, 18:10
not bad, 5 points

thms
14th March 2011, 22:26
now we can hear the studio version.. i love it..
come on europe do not let senit be another lise d'arly..
vote for san marino..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2zL2Vs4xvs

Matt
14th March 2011, 22:29
If San Marino makes it to the finals I will be holding their flag in Duesseldorf in their support, I love this song!

keinan9
15th March 2011, 00:02
A great song from San Marino, lets hope that zenit will produce a good performance, I'd love to see san marino in the final

aletem
15th March 2011, 00:49
The song is better on a second listening. I still think this is too calm and not very noticeable. But I like her and she is pretty. Hopefully the juries will vote for them, as they don't have a diaspora that they could rely on.

evilperson
15th March 2011, 01:33
I love the lyric: "Oh, this life, something so beautiful but hard at the same time, taught me it could be gone in a blink of an eye"

Awesome!

EurovisionSmile
15th March 2011, 05:56
I believe this one will remain in its semi... 31st among all the entries to me.

gaffa
15th March 2011, 08:40
I just adore this song and the lyrics and Senit sings from the heart. It's the type of song that is understated and grows on you with every listen which leads to a more rewarding experience. :) Please vote for this peeps!

stboy
15th March 2011, 14:54
Eurovision history of San Marino : http://www.eurovisionvideo.net/country.php?code=sm

keinan9
16th March 2011, 18:54
Does it stand a chance to qualify? I really hope they will !! the performance have to be good for that the happen

Isabella
17th March 2011, 01:27
This is so boring and forgetful. It will stay in the semi for sure :p

thms
18th March 2011, 07:30
visit senit's facebook and keep up to date..
http://www.facebook.com/senitmusic

doctormalisimo
19th March 2011, 16:18
this is by far the most underrated song this year. im going to be on the ::uk side of the ::uk-::ie border on semi final 1 night so i can vote for it because i really want to see this song in the final :D

Arv
19th March 2011, 20:30
I might be voting for San Marino, just to increase their chances to qualify! I really like the song, but I also think it might be hard for them to go through the semifinal... It's a small country and not one that people are used to voting for. But I really hope it will!

Matt
20th March 2011, 07:56
Interview with Senit

Click HERE (http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/interview-with-san-marinos-senit-two-alternative-versions-of-stand-by-to-be-released/)

DanielFullard
20th March 2011, 19:20
Positive review this morning on http://escaddict.blogspot.com/

Arv
21st March 2011, 16:18
I just had my playlist on with the songs from semifinal 1 and then this song starts and I thought "wow. great song, which is this again..." I haven't noticed how very good it is until now... San Marino might get my vote... I hope they'll qualify. But it's a hard semifinal.

Matt
21st March 2011, 20:54
I'm happy that people are warming up to the song but at the same time it worries me cause it takes a few listens to get used to it (not for me but a lot of people). But my fingers are crossed!

Scooby
24th March 2011, 02:11
How much grow on me this song.
On first listening it seems very boring and weak but after few listening she enter in my top 10.

And now I gave it 8 points

Jannuu
25th March 2011, 15:31
I enjoyed listening to it, but this song is easy to forget. I don't think it will get a very good result. But I would really like to see the live performance of this song on a big stage.

nikolay_BG
25th March 2011, 15:34
Just forgetale... Sorry, San marino, but 0 points from me :?

Lirin
25th March 2011, 23:14
On her website Senit interviewed herself, you can read it here (http://senit.sm/stand-by-la-mia-canzone) ;)

iowacorn
26th March 2011, 06:51
this song is really good haha

AlekS
30th March 2011, 20:20
@ Armenian Awards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ss-pxcCcrk
It wasn't a live show - everybody had to use playback.

With Armenian, Maltese and Ukrainian representatives:
http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/7/7/upload/90703ca5.jpg

http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/7/7/upload/5b91b6ae.jpg

DanielLuis
3rd April 2011, 03:46
This song is growing on me!
Love it!

thms
3rd April 2011, 06:26
i am hopeful that san marino will make the final..

Sahistul
3rd April 2011, 14:15
Bad song by San Marino, as bad as the last one, in 2008 I think. Senit has a good voice though, the lyrics are beautiful....but not a song for the Final!

Milos-BC
4th April 2011, 11:48
My opinion about this didn't change. One of the worst songs this year. Clean 0. This time it will be deserved if it ends last in the semi.

evilperson
8th April 2011, 00:10
I just noticed San Marino has a new version on the official ESC album, sounds a bit stronger imo.

Sim
10th April 2011, 07:24
Senit performing in Amsterdam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt0OLYN2v-Q

MrJadeEwen
12th April 2011, 02:10
This song has completely grown on me, i hope she makes the final :D

Matt
16th April 2011, 15:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6oQ9jYrrKw&feature=player_embedded

Scooby
16th April 2011, 21:38
On her promo tour Senit will visit Belgrade in Monday :)

PeterLPZ
17th April 2011, 09:29
I think, it´s very difficult for San Marino to reach the final.

Scooby
17th April 2011, 19:16
It's difficult, but not impossible ;)

Adeline
18th April 2011, 09:40
This will not get through I'm afraid.. I really like the song, but it's less memorable than some other songs/performances and I have the feeling that people will forget this song soon after her performance. A pity though, cause this song isn't weak at all in comparison with some other songs in the 1st semi..

r3gg13
19th April 2011, 06:15
Senit's Eurovision interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQz7tVFU3E8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

iowacorn
19th April 2011, 06:36
This song keeps growing on me!

Scooby
19th April 2011, 18:53
I think that jury will push this song through semi and help Senit to reach the final.

evilperson
21st April 2011, 23:42
Senit recorded German and Russian versions of her song. The Russian version is available to download here: http://esckaz.com/2011/smr.htm

Doesn't sound all that bad imo. :)

johnsimpson
22nd April 2011, 01:17
i'm not a fan. nul points!

Matt
28th April 2011, 00:15
Good luck San Marino, so happy to have you back and I really adore this song. But I am aware that I'm in the minority. Songs like "Stand by" usually don't qualify so I don't expect to see Senit in the Finals unfortunately. My prediction is 14 - 16th place in the Semis!!!!!

evilperson
28th April 2011, 01:43
Bah, I want it to qualify especially if she gives a good performance but I also think its chances are slim to none.

lucian-crusher
1st May 2011, 10:38
This is more effective then 5 sleeping pills! It won't qualify!

Narmina
2nd May 2011, 11:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUHGy5Rwlok&feature=channel_video_title

Scooby
2nd May 2011, 17:06
OMG perfect.
Senit really rocks on stage. What a powerful performance, for me she was the best on todays rehearsals.
Simple and very effective performance, strongly vocals, perfect for this rock ballad.
It would be big shame if San Marino stay in semi final.

If this song will represent Russia or Greece, Senit will reach top 3 for sure.

PeterLPZ
2nd May 2011, 18:26
Her voice is really beautiful, one of the best this year. The background singers should be a little bit stronger.
But for me, the song is a little bit boring.

Grinch
3rd May 2011, 00:45
This entry' rehearsal is same with Switzerland & Lithuania to me. Great performance, boring song. Senit looks good on stage, her smiling is beautiful, has a good voice.

Good luck San Marino!

Grinch
3rd May 2011, 02:03
http://www.eurovision.de/news/proben183_v-original.jpg

http://www.eurovision.de/news/proben181_v-original.jpg

http://www.eurovision.de/news/proben185_v-original.jpg

http://www.eurovision.de/news/proben191_v-original.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnAeSsBCnxM

Adeline
3rd May 2011, 11:19
She sings very good life and I like the performance. I still think it won't get through; the simplicity of the song won't attract many viewers I'm afraid...

Milos-BC
3rd May 2011, 11:24
Good performance but a very bad song that I can fall asleep with anytime. It won't get much more points than MiOdio did.

94ayd
4th May 2011, 03:15
Hmm, the entry's destiny's still to be decided but at least they shouldn't worry about Senit's vocals. Now they should concentrate on doing a better stage show.

Narmina
4th May 2011, 07:36
Senit will stay at the semi, though her song is ok

Jesus
4th May 2011, 16:51
The song is beautiful. However I think Senit won't pass the semifinal just because it's San Marino. Yes, it's sad, but I'm sure worse songs will pass :(

Grinch
8th May 2011, 04:08
http://www.eurovision.de/news/proben423_v-original.jpg

http://www.eurovision.de/news/proben425_v-original.jpg

evilperson
8th May 2011, 06:40
I'm more convince than ever that San Marino doesn't stand a chance. The song really isn't that bad but it just doesn't have that call to action that will get people to vote for it. I think coming in last place in the semi is an unfortunate reality that might come true for Senit.

Grinch
9th May 2011, 21:02
http://www.eurovision.de/news/sanmarino115_v-original.jpg

http://www.eurovision.tv/save-files/resizes/9e/5d/dc/53/7e/fb/89/24/ff/5f/56/27/28/82/4a/9f/PB_021.jpg

The contact lenses :shock:

Scooby
9th May 2011, 21:22
I love her outfit, and desperately want her in final!
Go San Marino, you can do it!!!!

Narmina
10th May 2011, 11:31
Very positive woman, good song, so good luck San Marino. Let's meet in the final ;)

Lazy Baba
10th May 2011, 14:44
Another good quality song, just like ours :D Hope you qualify! I cant vote unfortunately :((

Cooler
10th May 2011, 15:12
This ROCKS!!! I really love this song, go San Marino xheart

Margerita86
10th May 2011, 16:07
I quite like this song so I hope it will either qualify or be near the top 10 to encourage San Marino to stay...

Madalina
10th May 2011, 18:56
Good luck San Marino :D

Scooby
10th May 2011, 19:19
My votes tonight are reserved for Senit!
Good luck San Marino, I wish you all the best!

Quent91
10th May 2011, 19:36
::sm should qualify, after their last place :(

Cjs45
10th May 2011, 19:41
All the best for San Marino! This song has been in my top 10 for quite a while how, I love it. I hope she makes it, Senit is such a lovely, sweet person.

doctormalisimo
10th May 2011, 20:06
buona fortuna San Marino! <3

evilperson
11th May 2011, 01:37
No surprise really, I didn't expect it to qualify despite liking it personally. I thought Senit didn't really give 100% vocally so it probably passed entirely unnoticed. The staging was very nice however.

Madalina
11th May 2011, 01:38
I liked it and I am sad it didnt qualify,she deserved it,better vocally than most of the others :(

Margerita86
11th May 2011, 01:40
I wonder what place this ended up in?

aletem
11th May 2011, 04:59
^
Probably wasn't last. Personally, I think this was the first time Senit made the song believable. I think the camera work was good and it wasn't too static. It wasn't enough.