http://esceurovision.com/song/flag/Malta-flag.gif

http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/e/7/upload/b3b3d34d.jpg

Performed by: Glen Vella
Lyrics by: Fleur Balzan
Composed by: Paul Giordimania
Language: English

lucian-crusher
2nd May 2010, 00:20
It's time for Claudia Faniello! 2001 or never!

Sim
2nd May 2010, 07:16
Hopefully not another ballad!

94ayd
2nd May 2010, 11:12
Absolutely! They need something more cheerful and Maltese (let us hear the beautiful Malteses language :mrgreen: ).

Jukica
2nd May 2010, 12:33
Claudia Faniello or Natasha & Charlene :D

Raul_Spain
2nd May 2010, 16:15
No more Chiara please.

MrJadeEwen
31st May 2010, 02:13
perhaps with Lena winning we'll get a more modern Maltese song :P

A-lister
31st May 2010, 11:39
Please no more dated kitschy Disney ballads!!!

Claudia Faniello with something like l-himabba ghamja (did I spell that alright?)... that's her only good entry so far but that one was robbed by victory.. would have been a great Eurovision entry.

And why not something in Maltese? I mean this year's entry was dated and dull but atleast the maltese version made it somewhat interesting...

paddyirl
31st May 2010, 18:29
Well there last uptempo song was a disaster - Vodka :roll:

MrJadeEwen
31st May 2010, 18:29
Well there last uptempo song was a disaster - Vodka :roll:

agree with you there completely 8-)

94ayd
31st May 2010, 22:54
Nope, it was absolutely AMAZING. :mrgreen:

lucian-crusher
31st May 2010, 23:58

+1

Sean
1st June 2010, 17:01

+1

+2

Matt
1st June 2010, 18:36

+1

+2

-1 = +1 :lol:

MrJadeEwen
1st June 2010, 23:22
If Vodka was really that good how come it stayed in the semi? 8-) it was a dated piece of Maltese Music, i'm sure malta has better songs and better singers :P

94ayd
1st June 2010, 23:45
So, you've never liked a song that remained in the semi-final(s)? :roll:

lucian-crusher
1st June 2010, 23:49
If Vodka was really that good how come it stayed in the semi? 8-) it was a dated piece of Maltese Music, i'm sure malta has better songs and better singers :P

There are really good songs that stood in the semis: Croatia 2010, Bulgaria 2008, Belgium 2006, Portugal 2007, Andorra 2008, Cyprus 2007, Czech Republic 2008, Malta 2008, Slovakia 2009, Lithuania 2005 and many others.
Don't tell me that you think Russia was better than Croatia and Sweden this year just because it qualified? :roll: :roll:

Raul_Spain
1st June 2010, 23:56

You're dead if you don't dance to this
RQpNSJabqjQ

MrJadeEwen
1st June 2010, 23:57
So, you've never liked a song that remained in the semi-final(s)? :roll:

Of course i have, Ireland and Montenegro 2009 being one that springs to mind, but they all have reasons why they never pass.

Songs stay in the semi as the majority of people don't like them, it's the way eurovision goes. But really Vodka was completely dated and deserved the placing it got.

MrJadeEwen
2nd June 2010, 00:00

You're dead if you don't dance to this
RQpNSJabqjQ

It actually makes me cringe... :s and being in the same semi-final as Iceland, Sweden and Ukraine who all had better dance songs no wonder it never passed. If you all want a song like Vodka again, feel free to send one but it won't pass :? it's Fancrap thats entirely bland and cringeworthy. Obviously this is just my opinion on the song, but if the majority liked it then it would have passed.

lucian-crusher
2nd June 2010, 00:01
@MrJadeEwen:

Songs don't stay in the semis just because most people like them. Switzerland 2010 finished with only 2 points and I agree it was a bad song, but if ,,Il pleut de l'Or" would've represented -ru it woulde've qualified steeling a place from a good song. Am I right?

MrJadeEwen
2nd June 2010, 00:04
Are we not discussing Malta. Russia is a whole other story they could send someone standing still for 3 minutes and still qualify. The fact with Malta is they have to send something good which is liked by a lot of people not the niche ESC fans

lucian-crusher
2nd June 2010, 00:08
I was just trying to point that the fact that ,,Vodka" didn't get in the Final doesen't mean it's a bad song.

MrJadeEwen
2nd June 2010, 00:10
I was just trying to point that the fact that ,,Vodka" didn't get in the Final doesen't mean it's a bad song.

I didn't say it was bad, i said it was dated, bland and something liked by a small amount of people (ESC fans). Malta need to send something more people will enjoy

MyHeartIsYours
2nd June 2010, 01:37
Hey guys!! This is the 2011 thread - if you want to debate 2008 you should go to the history forum! ;)

MrJadeEwen
2nd June 2010, 01:40
true 8-) .. just a personal note from me, don't send something like Vodka, don't send a power-ballad as we've had a few of those; how about something which Maltese people listen to nowdays?

MyHeartIsYours
2nd June 2010, 01:41
I think Malta should send some modern music but I don't know what to suggest really as I know no non-Eurovision Maltese artists :lol:

Matt
2nd June 2010, 17:43
Following the third elimination in four editions, the Maltese national broadcaster (PBS) is doing its post mortem in order to get back on track and bring the successful results the country was used to. Though the 18 year old Thea Garrett gave a confident and strong performance she failed to proceed to the final of the last Eurovision Song Contest.
Yesterday during the TV show Inkontri (a discussion programme) aired on ONE TV, the head of the Maltese delegation Joe Dimech stated that PBS is in position to receive any suggestions in order to enhance Malta’s presentation in the contest. A seminar which will be open for discussion towards next year’s participation is planned to be held in the upcoming weeks. Last Sunday the new PBS chairman Joe Mizzi confired the country’s participation in the next Eurovision Song Contest to be held in Germany. He insisted that Malta must continue to participate but the Maltese need to change their attitued towards the contest.

In recent years the Eurovision interest went down in a country which traditionally always showed a passion to Europe’s favourite show. Ex-chairperson of the Malta Song board Grace Borg praised Thea Garrett’s vocal performance but critisised the act presented on stage. Borg is in a current outburst with the Garrett family and PBS due to an alleged unhonoured signed contact. Ex-chairman of the Malta Song board Robert Abela said that Maltese composers were "stuck to the same old melody of seven notes" and they should be much more creative to do well. Robert Abela was head of the Maltese delegation between 2006 and 2008 when the country kicked-off with continuos unsuccessful results in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Cole
23rd October 2010, 21:53
anyone know when the Maltese final will be? I am gonna be in Malta from the 15th of Feb

AlekS
27th November 2010, 01:04
Maltese broadcaster PBS has revealed that a total of 141 songs have been submitted, all in the hope of becoming the Maltese entry for the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=22383&_t=Increased+interest+for+2011+Maltese+selection

Following the submission process all songs submitted will be judged by a panel of experts appointed by the national broadcaster. The first judging phase will take place behind closed doors and the jury will listen to a CD recording of the songs. From this preliminary round, an unlimited number of songs will be chosen to progress through the first phase and then will be performed live behind closed doors in front of a jury in phase two.

A total of 23 songs will qualify to the first part of the final phase. Last year’s winner of the L-Isfida show will be invited to join the other artists to compete in a special televised show, should this artist choose not to participate, the 24th song from the second phase will progress instead. A mixture of a professional jury and public televote will select 16 songs who will progress to the final. The final is expected to take place in February at the Malta Fairs & Convention Centre. The actual date is yet to be confirmed.

Luke
27th November 2010, 16:47
anyone know when the Maltese final will be? I am gonna be in Malta from the 15th of Feb

It hasn't been confirmed but it'll definitely take place in February - probably on 11th & 12th February or 18th & 19th February :)

hanz06
12th December 2010, 14:17
Possible semi finalists in Malta Eurosong:

1.Dario Bezzina (Malta Eurosong 2008, 2009, 2010)
2.Ryan Dale (Malta Eurosong 2010)
3.Glen Vella (Malta Eurosong 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010)
4.Domenique Azzopardi (Malta Junior Eurosong 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010)
5.Gunther Chetcuti (Malta Eurosong 2002, 2003, 2005)
6.Gabriela Ann Xuereb (Newcomer)
7.Dorothy Bezzina (Malta Eurosong 2009, 2010)
8.Christian Azzopardi (KKI 2009, 2010)
9.Corazon (Ghanja tal-Poplu 2007,2009, 2010 Winner)
10.Kurt Calleja (Malta Eurosong 2010)
11.Deborah C (KKI 2008)
12.Laura Bruno (Malta Eurosong 2009)
13.Sophie (Junior Eurovision 2006 Participant)

Gandan
14th December 2010, 03:03
Possible semi finalists in Malta Eurosong:

1.Dario Bezzina (Malta Eurosong 2008, 2009, 2010)
2.Ryan Dale (Malta Eurosong 2010)
3.Glen Vella (Malta Eurosong 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010)
4.Domenique Azzopardi (Malta Junior Eurosong 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010)
5.Gunther Chetcuti (Malta Eurosong 2002, 2003, 2005)
6.Gabriela Ann Xuereb (Newcomer)
7.Dorothy Bezzina (Malta Eurosong 2009, 2010)
8.Christian Azzopardi (KKI 2009, 2010)
9.Corazon (Ghanja tal-Poplu 2007,2009, 2010 Winner)
10.Kurt Calleja (Malta Eurosong 2010)
11.Deborah C (KKI 2008)
12.Laura Bruno (Malta Eurosong 2009)
13.Sophie (Junior Eurovision 2006 Participant)

And maybe Fabrizio Faniello. I've read that he's in...

Matt
20th December 2010, 16:47
Malta will decide for the next Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday 12th February 2011. A day before 24 semi-finalists will compete for 16 final spots.
The national final will take place in the Malta Fairs & Convention Centre at Ta’ Qali. This is the fifth time, that the most prestigious festival on the island will take place at MFCC. In contrast from last year, a semi-final will take place on Friday 11th February. In the semi-final 24 songs will be performed and 16 of them will qualify for the final on Saturday.

The last time the Maltese selection featured a semi-final show was in 2008. The national TV station received a total number of 141 entries. 74 songs made it to the second phase which took place this weekend at PBS studios. Both local and foreign writers worked with local singers who submitted their song/s for the Malta Eurovision Festival 2011.

23 songs will qualify to the final phase (part 1). Last year’s winner of L-Isfida show will be able to join the other artists. A mixture of a professional jury and public vote will select 16 finalists. The finalists will compete for the ticket to Düsseldorf on 12th February 2011. A mixture of an expert jury and tele-voting will select Malta’s 24th representative/s in the Eurovision Song Contest

SOURCE (http://esctoday.com/news/read/16365)

Cole
21st December 2010, 00:00
looks like i wont be there at the final :(

MrJadeEwen
3rd January 2011, 14:40
Part of the press interview Chiara did at the romanian national final she said this:

Chiara revealed that she had initially planned to enter the Maltese selection again in 2011, but the rules published by PBS prevented her from doing that. PBS decided to block the three last Eurovision entrants for three years (among them Chiara). Chiara said she didn’t like these rules as a song which is perfect now might not be perfect in three years.

:P

Sim
3rd January 2011, 15:35
Part of the press interview Chiara did at the romanian national final she said this:

Chiara revealed that she had initially planned to enter the Maltese selection again in 2011, but the rules published by PBS prevented her from doing that. PBS decided to block the three last Eurovision entrants for three years (among them Chiara). Chiara said she didn’t like these rules as a song which is perfect now might not be perfect in three years.

:P

It's indeed a bizar rule. But maybe PBS want to give a chance to new artists:)

94ayd
3rd January 2011, 16:07
It's lovely to see Chiara as often but it'd be even better if we say someone else from Malta on Eurovision's stage... :lol:

A-lister
4th January 2011, 02:50
^
Chiara is overrated. I only liked her first entry, the second one was cheesy, the third one sucked.

Anyways I hope for something MODERN or why not something ethno (could be interesting) from Malta for a change. I've really had it with these oldfashion kitschy entries.

And why not in Maltese? That's a really unique language.

94ayd
4th January 2011, 22:08
Maltese sounds so much better than English to me... :) What language doesn't, though? :lol: And, by the way, I actually love Chiara in 2005, find her OK in 2009 and boring in 1998...

paddyirl
5th January 2011, 00:13
I don't really think Chiara was ever robbed like Ira was. Like when Chiara lost the entries from Israel and Greece where good whereas Latvia was awful. The worst years for ESC was when those to Baltic entries won one year after each other.

I think Malta is like Ireland can only do ballads, any uptempo number has been awful, like that dreadful song Vodka.

94ayd
5th January 2011, 00:22
I love both "Vodka", "Vertigo" and songs like "LOVE?" and "ET CETERA"! :mrgreen: Not to forget Dustin the Turkey... :lol:

paddyirl
5th January 2011, 01:50
Love? is infamous here now. Has a special place in our hearts for the wrong reasons :mrgreen:

I didn't love any of our uptempo entries, Et Cetera was ok, but not amazing. Although we haven't had a single amazing entry in the decade.

Unlike Malta who had 2 with Chiara and Ira. I still sometimes listen to Ira's song, its so good. Should have won.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

A-lister
5th January 2011, 02:02
^
To be honest I think there were better songs than Ira that year (and offcourse better than the winner aswell).

AlekS
7th January 2011, 21:54
The NF hosts are Keith Demicoli and Valerie Vella
http://www.escflashmalta.com/images/stories/Maltese-Events/Eurosong/mesc2011hosts.jpg
source: http://www.escflashmalta.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=580:exclusive-malta-eurovision-2011-hosts-revealed&catid=2:news&Itemid=2

A-lister
8th January 2011, 01:01
^
hotties! :)

Jukica
8th January 2011, 16:14
Participants: 01. Amber - Catch 22 (Ray Agius, Godwin Sant)
02. Jessica Muscat - Down Down Down (Philip Vella, Jessica Muscat)
03. Wayne Micallef - Everybody Sing (Wayne Micallef, Wayne Micallef)
04. Richard Edwards - Finally (Jan Van Dijck, Richard Micallef)
05. Cherise Grixti - Heart of Glass (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
06. Marilena Gauci - He's a Demon (Michael Henry, Anthony Grech)
07. Eleanor Cassar - Hypnotized (Paul Giordimania , Fleur Balzan)
08. Raquela If I Could Do It All Again (Marc Paelnick, Mathias Strasser)
09. Domenique Azzopardi - I'll Follow the Sunshine (Ralph Siegel, Dr. Bernd Meinunger)
10. Jamie Tonna - Lost Without You (Marco Debono, Aidan O'Connor)
11. Kelly Schembri - Love Me Like Your Money (Sven Lundhol, Gerard James Borg)
12. Sophie Debattista - Love to Love You (Elton Zarb, Sophie Debattista)
13. Baklava - Mood Dance (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
14. Claudia Faniello - Movie in my Mind (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
15. Fabrizo Faniello - No Surrender (Johan Stentorp , Johan Bederholm)
16. Ally - Numb (Ally, Ally)
17. Glen Vella - One Life (Paul Giordimania, Fleur Balzan)
18. Kurt Calleja - Over and Over (Johan J'atmberg, Kurt Calleja)
19. Klinsmann Coleiro / Benjamin Darmanin - This Love (Klinsmann Coleiro, Jonathan Spiteri)
20. J.Anvil - Topsy Turvy (Jonas Gladnikoff / Niall Mooney / Andrew Zahra, Deo Grech / Natasha Turner)
21. Amber - Touch Wood (Ray Agius, Alfred Sant)
22. Anna Azzopardi - Unfaithful (Renato Briffa, Keith Zammit)
23. Petra Zammit - Unintentional (Elton Zarb, Rita Pace)
24. Rosman Pace - You'll Never Know (Steven D. Cook, Jordan Milnes)

Matt
8th January 2011, 17:11
Once you end up in last place with 1 lousy point, I think you should retire from ESC...am I right Fabrizio????

AlekS
8th January 2011, 17:36
^ :lol:

On a side note: almost all familiar names are there. Still not sure who would be good. Maybe his sister.

94ayd
8th January 2011, 17:48
So many familiar names, even if I don't really follow Maltese NFs. :lol: Eleanor Cassar, Claudia Faniello & Fabrizo Faniello, not to mention people with surnames such as Azzopardi (Nicole from JESC 2010) and Pace (Caludette from ESC 2000). Do the singers in the NF have anything to do with them. I think the Pace guy does. :lol: Just discovered Sophie Debattista was the one wh represented Malta at the JESC in 2006. How cool! :D In Bulgarian "baklava" is a type of dessert that comes from the times we were under Ottoman rule, by the way:

http://img1.loadtr.com/b-149829-baklava.jpg

:lol:

Turkish97
8th January 2011, 18:01
So many familiar names, even if I don't really follow Maltese NFs. :lol: Eleanor Cassar, Claudia Faniello & Fabrizo Faniello, not to mention people with surnames such as Azzopardi (Nicole from JESC 2010) and Pace (Caludette from ESC 2000). Do the singers in the NF have anything to do with them. I think the Pace guy does. :lol: Just discovered Sophie Debattista was the one wh represented Malta at the JESC in 2006. How cool! :D In Bulgarian "baklava" is a type of dessert that comes from the times we were under Ottoman rule, by the way:

http://img1.loadtr.com/b-149829-baklava.jpg

:lol:

:lol: Baklava xheart :lol:

Milos-BC
8th January 2011, 21:37
Baklava rules! :D :p

Gerly
9th January 2011, 21:55
I hope Malta will send a great song and get after some years also in Final.

and again Fabrizio... I really don't have nothing against he, but I hope to see a new singer on stage.

Gandan
10th January 2011, 00:34
Faniellos xheart

It's time for Claudia!!!

GRE
15th January 2011, 13:23
You can hear all the songs here!=>
http://televisionmalta.com/category/eurovision2011/

Liam
15th January 2011, 13:51
Sophie MUST go to ESC. That's all imma say

renzo
15th January 2011, 14:34
AMBER!! :D Catch22 is our best choice <3

dizzydjc
15th January 2011, 14:55
so many good songs!!!! Sophie, Baklava & Fabrizio are my faves! Think Baklava will stand out more though and with juries in semi finals its bound to qualify!

AlekS
15th January 2011, 19:14
Much better than last year, imo.

I liked Baklava, Claudia and Amber (Catch 22).

gonna cheer for delicious & yummy ... Baklava :lol: :mrgreen: (yeah, we also have it on every food market).

Gerly
15th January 2011, 19:24
All songs are really great. Some of them are just better. I like all songs. Haven't got still favourite.

Simon87
15th January 2011, 19:31
Claudia ftw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF3Ae-iiGqc

GRE
15th January 2011, 23:12
I like most these three:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njnsgpJujLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Q8QRGd6XE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySedZVpSSzU

evilperson
16th January 2011, 00:17
I like Klinsmann, Sophie, and Raquela. There are some other nice songs and then pure Maltese cheese. Though compared to the last few years the quality has improved.

ParadiseES
16th January 2011, 00:25
My absolute favourite is Baklava - Moon dance. It reminds me to Quartissimo and I love it xromance

I also like Raquela - If I could do it again and Janvil - Topsy turvy, it's funny!
But I don't want another ballad for Malta, I'm tired of them...

Anyway, these years they have some good songs in the NF, unlike the previous years, which were painful.

Simon87
16th January 2011, 01:46
Baklava - Moon dance is good :D

chrisportelli
16th January 2011, 09:46
this year's national final is far much better than the previous ones.... my favourites are raquela and kelly schembri xheart kelly's song resembles a lot like a chart hit song :D but she needs to increase her presence on stage imo

Matt
18th January 2011, 16:02
Ralph Siegel is trying his luck once again in the Maltese selection sending the same song he wrote for Lena last year which was rejected.

The name of the song is "I’ll follow the sunshine"

This is the fourth time that German composer in the Maltese selection. In the 2005 Malta Song for Europe, Siegel competed with seven songs but none of his songs managed to obtain a top 3 placing.

He also wrote tons of songs back in the day for Germany including the 1982 winning song "ein bisschen frieden"

Gandan
18th January 2011, 16:10
I'm very afraid for Malta... the first Semi-final is really terrible :?

evilperson
20th January 2011, 03:40
Ok this is definitely a guilty pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXCUnZLY8OM

My boobs, my boobs, my boobs are O.K.! :lol:

Matt
20th January 2011, 05:22
I'm pleasantly surprised, a lot of good songs in here so if Malta picks smart they have a good shot in may. I have to listen to them again but a few that stuck out to me was

Klinsmann & Ben, Amber, Baklava, Sophie, Jamie & Richard Edwards

aletem
20th January 2011, 06:05
I gotta say this, Baklava has a really good song. And with them Malta can pull out Estonia - 2009. The singer is very charismatic, the whole mood of the song is cool, but effective. Kelly Schembri also has a decent song, but I would rather see Baklava. :mrgreen: Right now, I would even eat baklava. :mrgreen:

Milos-BC
20th January 2011, 12:21
I am not fond of any of the songs :?

Claudia Faniello would be my pick, but I am sure Malta can do much better than this.

Oh and also I think Baklava would do a "Love Symphony" in case they chose that.

Gerly
20th January 2011, 21:05
When Baklava will be choosen, I will send my votes to that violinist :D
The lady with dark hair looks really scary :|

evilperson
20th January 2011, 23:20
Hmm, I hope Baklava doesn't win, I think its actually one of the weaker songs in this Maltese bunch and it sounds quite dated. Malta has many contemporary songs in their selection this year that would be better choices than to resort to sending something like this.

Gandan
24th January 2011, 15:45
According to me Malta would have a little possibility with "No surrender" by Fabrizio Faniello. Claudia's "Movie in my mind" is good, but she has done better... however she remains my 2nd favourite... and then...? I don't know, maybe Wayne Micallef and Klinsmann. Please Malta, not a boring ballad! :-/

Baklava? He reminds me "Love symphony" from Slovenia... not good result... :-/

Matt
26th January 2011, 21:46
Running Order

01. Amber - Catch 22 (Ray Agius, Godwin Sant)
02. Kurt Calleja - Over and Over (Johan J'atmberg, Kurt Calleja)
03. Cherise Grixti - Heart of Glass (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
04. Wayne Micallef - Everybody Sing (Wayne Micallef, Wayne Micallef)
05. Claudia Faniello - Movie in My Mind (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
06. Klinsmann & Ben - This Love (Klinsmann Coleiro, Jonathan Spiteri)
07. Eleanor Cassar - Hypnotised (Paul Giordimania, Fleur Balzan)
08. Domenique - I’ll Follow the Sunshine (Ralph Siegel, Dr. Bernd Meinunger)
09. Rosman Pace - You’ll Never Know (Steven D. Cook, Jordan Milnes
10. Raquela - If I could do it all again (Marc Paelnick, Mathias Strasser)
11. Sophie - Love to love you (Elton Zarb, Sophie Debattista)
12. Petra – Unintentional (Elton Zarb, Rita Pace)
13. Baklava - Moon dance (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
14. Jamie Tonna - Lost without you (Marco Debono, Aidan O'Connor)
15. Amber - Touch wood (Ray Agius, Alfred Sant)
16. Anna Azzopardi - Unfaithful (Renato Briffa, Keith Zammit)
17. Marilena ft Michael - He’s a Demon (Michael Henry, Anthony Grech)
18. Glen Vella - One Life (Paul Giordimania, Fleur Balzan)
19. J.Anvil - Topsy-Turvy (Jonas Gladnikoff / Niall Mooney / Andrew Zahra, Deo Grech / Natasha Turner)
20. Jessica Muscat - Down Down Down (Philip Vella, Jessica Muscat)
21. Kelly Schembri - Love me like your money (Sven Lundhol, Gerard James Borg)
22. Fabrizio Faniello - No Surrender (Johan Stentorp , Johan Bederholm)
23. Ally – Numb (Ally, Ally)
24. Richard Edwards - Finally (Jan Van Dijck, Richard Micallef)

Scooby
26th January 2011, 22:16
Moon Dance is too chaotic song, female vocal is very weak

Melicia
6th February 2011, 14:32
Go Fabrizio Go!

subersin
6th February 2011, 19:16
Best 3:

Baklava - Moon Dance
Kelly Schembri - Love me like you money
Raquela - If i could do it again.

Winner will be out of these three. plenty other good songs though....;)

evilperson
6th February 2011, 21:16
Based on youtube views from the broadcaster channel, the public vote may be between Kelly Schembri and Raquela.

KARO
8th February 2011, 22:40
::az TV host Husniyya Maharamova will be in ::mt jury during national semi-finals and final

r3gg13
9th February 2011, 19:21
Good move for Blue to perform at the Maltese NF, it's such a good promo :D

http://esctoday.com/news/read/16700

Sim
11th February 2011, 21:38
Is already watching the video link for Malta

and what surprises me:P In their weather report they also give the temperature for Brussels xd

But ok, on topic.

16 finalists will be chosen:D

Scooby
12th February 2011, 02:19
16 song passed to the tomorrow final night!

Amber – Catch 22
Kurt Calleja – Over and over
Wayne Micallef – Everybody sing
Claudia Faniello – Movie in my mind
Klinsmann & Ben – This love
Eleanor Cassar – Hypnotised
Raquela – If I could do it all again
Baklava – Moon dance
Marilena ft Michael – He’s a demon
Glen Vella – One life
J. Anvil – Topsy-Turvy
Jessica Muscat – Down down down
Kelly Schembri – Love me like your money
Fabrizio Faniello – No surrender
Ally – Numb
Richard Edwards – Finally

AlekS
12th February 2011, 04:10
Maltese final
http://v2.maltaeurovision2011.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ESCMalta.png

Time: 20:30CET

Webcast #1: http://www.eurovision.tv/esctv/
Webcast #2: http://www.freeetv.com/modules.php?name=Video_Stream&page=watch&id=2037

Matt
12th February 2011, 07:24
Good luck to malta, you better be sending one of these three songs......;)

Klinsmann & Ben - This Love
Richard Edwards - Finally
Kurt Calleja - Over and Over

PeterLPZ
12th February 2011, 12:08
Ralph Siegel fails once again. I wonder, that he tries it every year again :shock:. When will he say good bye to ESC???

Kryptonite
12th February 2011, 14:36
My favourite songs:

1. Klinsmann & Ben - This love
2. Richard Edwards - Finally
3. Kurt Calleja - Over and over

I hope that one of them will win!! :D

Matt
12th February 2011, 17:06
My favourite songs:

1. Klinsmann & Ben - This love
2. Richard Edwards - Finally
3. Kurt Calleja - Over and over

I hope that one of them will win!! :D

Haha, we have the exact same Top 3......so I couldn't agree more with you

Melicia
12th February 2011, 23:28
Liked song 1, 5 and 6. Most 6!

Gerly
13th February 2011, 00:08
Can't wait for the results. I hope Malta will do amazing choice.
And send one of Faniellos or Raquela

Quent91
13th February 2011, 00:10
Malta has to do well tonight.

Belgium, Norway and Iceland didn't do it good :twisted:

Quent91
13th February 2011, 00:11
Malta has to do well tonight.

Belgium, Norway and Iceland didn't do it good :twisted:

Infoman
13th February 2011, 00:22
If you separate the song from the story its really not very good maybe even bottom five in its semi
but Juries will ensure it a very respectable result if commentators are stupid enough to tell the story than it will get some sympathy votes too
tht could put this song in the Top 10

Matt
13th February 2011, 00:25
Malta also f***ed it up. Wow.....what a night full of shitty results

Quent91
13th February 2011, 00:28
I'm afraid this ESC will have the worst songs :(

Simon87
13th February 2011, 00:29
6pts

its just ok

Gerly
13th February 2011, 00:29
Not very good song. He have got such a woman voice :D
They choosed from many many good songs just exactly that bad one.

AlekS
13th February 2011, 00:42
The winner

goktengri
13th February 2011, 00:43
nice I like it, 6 points

Quent91
13th February 2011, 00:44
the best song chosen today...

Matt
13th February 2011, 00:45
At least Ireland is no longer my least favorite.

Scooby
13th February 2011, 00:47
I wanna be the sunshine in your eyes blah blah blah

Nothing special , again!

Thanks God this horror night is over!

Lenalite
13th February 2011, 00:52
Kelly was my favourite. She could do great in ESC. I don't think Glen will even qualify to final. And song has nothing special... I'm sorry for Malta this year. =(

alca
13th February 2011, 01:10
Can't give more than 2 :?

ParadiseES
13th February 2011, 01:28
This is bewteen the Irish twins and Gio. Horrible.
Were the whole Maltese population in drugs to vote for this????? :shocked:
Come on, you had a nf with great songs for once and you choose this... so bad... :?

Steffan
13th February 2011, 09:21
Is it just me or does everyone hear "Im your drama queeeen tonight!" ?

PeterLPZ
13th February 2011, 10:14
Catchy song, but please change the performance - that wasn´t good.

Turkish97
13th February 2011, 12:00
Umm..nice song :) 5 points :D

Stella
13th February 2011, 12:10
I like the Maltese entry-nice,decent,he has voice,an uptempo song is very welcomed but I don't know how it will do on stage.I like this over the past Maltese entries,at least it's ok and remarcable.If it's in the first semi it won't make it but if it's in the second it has big chances :)

seb89
13th February 2011, 12:22
I wanna cry!

Sean
13th February 2011, 12:22
Hahahahahahaha. Nothing.

FallenAngelII
13th February 2011, 12:49
Who knew "Ugly Betty"'s Justin Suarez would grow up to win the Maltese national final for Eurovision?

On a serious note, though, it seems Malta can only produce two kinds of Eurovision entries:
* A ballad or slow pop song, often sung by a woman, sometimes heavy-set, often sung by a specific heavy-set woman named Chiara
* A pop-tune featuring a young male with so-so live vocals and a stage show, hair and/or clothes which makes people question their sexuality

I don't see this qualifying for the final.

bashers
13th February 2011, 12:54
Haha...not sure what I thought of this song to be honest. One thing I know for sure is that it will get lost in the mix. At least it has the obligatory key change!

chrisportelli
13th February 2011, 12:58
imo it is neither a good song nor a bad one... average at the best.. but still, good luck malta and hope we make it to the finals!

DoctorX
13th February 2011, 17:24
I liked it! 8 pts

DeepInsidePaulOscar
13th February 2011, 18:53
I only heard this one,for the first time today. I might be 'gone off' it by May,but for now I like it. It sounds like it could be a Fabrizio Faniello album track - some people might think that's a bad thing,but I like him too.

8 points !

evilperson
13th February 2011, 19:36
I'm not sure what to think of this song but I just know its not positive.

Interrail
13th February 2011, 20:37
I don't like it:/ Too generic and not original. It's outdated, maybe it would be ok... 10 years ago.
And the guy thinks he's cool, but he's just average, or below average.:(

Milos-BC
13th February 2011, 23:05
Just "ok". We had zillions of similar songs, and this isn't even in the "upper" half. Also the final is a "mission impossible". Dated, cliche and monotone.

Tristran
14th February 2011, 01:10
There were better songs in the NF. This is just so been there, done that. 3 points

Infoman
14th February 2011, 03:51
0% chance of qualification, yur 2nd place would hav been much bttr!!!

Mark-ESC14
14th February 2011, 08:26
I don't like it, and with other strong countries in their semi-final they will have a hard time qualifying I think...

thms
14th February 2011, 15:12
i gave 6 points in the poll... would have been 12 points if you sent richard

MyHeartIsYours
14th February 2011, 20:43
I like it and he's fit, 7 points from me! :D

94ayd
15th February 2011, 01:47
Hmm, this was the last song I listened to and I must say I quite like it and am happy it's not some power ballad or crap like that. Everything's pretty good, apart from the singer, who's just bizarre... :lol: The chorus needs a bit more power but I don't know, it's really danceable, so 10. :lol:

nikolay_BG
15th February 2011, 04:27
Very bad, Malta! I wanted Baklava :(

Milos-BC
15th February 2011, 17:10
Baklava would have flopped just like Quartissimo in 2009. But this won't do much better either imo :oops:

FallenAngelII
15th February 2011, 21:50
Baklava would have flopped just like Quartissimo in 2009. But this won't do much better either imo :oops:
Quartissimo was just a bunch of guys standing still fake-playing while some woman hidden behind a veil repeated two lines.

This entry actually had verses and choruses and it's high energy and pretty much everybody moves more than just their arms. I think it would've qualified for the final. Justin Suarez will not.

Charly
15th February 2011, 22:03
Dont like it 1 bit >.<

Kryptonite
15th February 2011, 22:16
Huge disappointment from Malta this year. I really doubt they will qualify to the final, but you never know :D

Scooby
16th February 2011, 00:36
By far the worst song, awful text, desperate vocal, worn choreography!

All in all this will fall :D

CiprianZisu
16th February 2011, 05:56
2 pts. the voice isnt that good, but the song will be changed. the backup vocals can improve, and the background music will sound better on a better stage like at germany's stage

croboy82
16th February 2011, 10:09
VERY boring. Heard this kind of songs 1000 x.

Quent91
16th February 2011, 20:53
My God, what a pity start for this 2011 Eurovision :(

KilledByShoes
16th February 2011, 22:14
Boooring. The only thing I like are the outfits.

Rusch
19th February 2011, 20:27
Am I the only one feeling reminded of "All about you" from Juliana Pasha (Albania 2010)?
But Juliana was far better.

Andalublue
21st February 2011, 01:04
Oh dear! Maybe Malta, despite their wonderful record of effort and taking ESC seriously, have finally run out of performers and song-writers. This is just terrible. The song has nothing, the performer has an awful voice. Just BAAAAD!

Isabella
21st February 2011, 23:04
Bad performance and outdated, forgetful song.
I am generous again, so I give it 3 points :p

Bosnaboy85
21st February 2011, 23:55
Bad song.I dont like it.Bad perfomance

ethn
22nd February 2011, 00:25
oh god...baaaad.......really wonder how this song won the maltese nf...really pity for malta which has been usually one of my fav songs...

CypriotGirl
4th March 2011, 23:44
2 points from me, and I was very generous! At first, I disliked it, but now I see it's not the worst song, but 100% forgettable and old-fashioned! I still can't understand how did song won and Fabrizio lost!

Matt
15th March 2011, 01:30
Official maltese clip

keinan9
15th March 2011, 01:35
A contender for last place - just awfall

EurovisionSmile
15th March 2011, 07:24
Not a good song... 30th for me. Miss Malta from the good old days. Will stay in the semi.

KilledByShoes
16th March 2011, 20:18
The official video reminds me of Aerosmith's Pink a lot and I'm sure there are more simmilar videos out there - but I still like it. The song is utterly forgetable, though.

Stargazer
16th March 2011, 23:06
1 point. And that's only because of the beat.

nikolay_BG
16th March 2011, 23:16
What`s wrong with his eyebrows :O

94ayd
17th March 2011, 12:30
Oh, come on, it's not THAT bad! And I rather enjoyed the music video and the new version seems a bit better, too. ;)

stboy
17th March 2011, 15:56
History information for Malta in Eurovision: http://www.eurovisionvideo.net/country.php?code=mt

Jannuu
17th March 2011, 18:52
mediocre. Rather bad. It doesn't make me change the channel, but it's nothing special. I think it won't do very well.

gazzerl67
18th March 2011, 00:05
I thought Malta was meant to be one of the countries that took Eurovision seriously. Very poor

paulgr
18th March 2011, 12:48
It's a pity that a song that celebrates diference is so bland...

Matt
18th March 2011, 15:03
Malta 2011 is the Switzerland 2010, a song that was disliked by the vast majority of members and everybody knew it had 0 chances to qualify. I'm disappointed cause Malta had several good songs in their NF. I mean did juries and televoters liked this? I don't get it!

doctormalisimo
19th March 2011, 16:55
forgettable. i cant see anyone singing along to this at home.

Valvejoodik
19th March 2011, 17:20
0 points, who let this guy to Eurovision?

AlekS
30th March 2011, 21:43
@Yerevan. Armenian Music Awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reWGk4odWT8

Margerita86
30th March 2011, 21:49
I don't really like the song but the music video for it is rather good and entertaining. I'd probably listen to the song again just to watch the video hehe.

Eurovision Minipop Icons
31st March 2011, 00:53
Here's my Eurovision 2011 minipop icon of Glen:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181671_177753958936077_158588664185940_395820_1484 39_n.jpg

For the other 42 icons see http://www.facebook.com/eurovisionicons

mrdarcy
2nd April 2011, 21:55
I'm normally a Malta supporter due to my Maltese roots but even I could only offer them 1 point this year.. there were two or three other songs which were much stronger then this bland pop song! I mean look at our entry last year... poor Josh, naff song, bottom of the table!

Sahistul
3rd April 2011, 00:51
Common song brought by Malta this year. Glen has a forgetable voice, I am not sure this one will pass the SF..

r3gg13
12th April 2011, 05:28
ESCToday interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDURrERBauM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

MyHeartIsYours
12th April 2011, 14:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRXMlJZDdEE

From Amsterdam... isnt it gay :lol: :mrgreen:.

evilperson
12th April 2011, 19:13
Everytime he performs, its so... intense, I guess? He's really into this song, though I don't think Europe will be. It's probably a definite non qualifier in semi 1.

Grinch
12th April 2011, 21:00
Ok, it's cliche and has nothing special but when I see some ppl consider some bad songs as if they're masterpieces; I think it's underrated.

r3gg13
20th April 2011, 18:04
Nice guy, I like the Maltese accent (I liked Chiara's accent too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9PfW5siDQ4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Adeline
20th April 2011, 18:48
In my top 43, this song is not in the bottom, not in the top. It's a bit in the middle for me; I don't think it's bad, but it's not a song that I want to listen over and over again. It's not that I think; 'Wow, I like this!' or 'What an awful song!' I don't have a clear opinion about this, except that it's not bad, not good for me.

Matt
28th April 2011, 01:13
Good luck Malta! You'll need it! Probably the weakest song of 2011 and I felt the same way about Switzerland in 2010 so I have this feeling I may be right again and Malta could possibly end up at the bottom. I predict bottom 3 and obviously missing qualification by A LOT!

lucian-crusher
1st May 2011, 12:03
What happened to ::mt after 2005? They were amazing until then. This will definetly not qualify!

Narmina
2nd May 2011, 12:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjzL61kwflg&feature=player_embedded

Narmina
2nd May 2011, 12:22
I like it ;)

MyHeartIsYours
2nd May 2011, 14:32
I hope this does really well, it deserves top 10 imo :D. But I think it'll probably perform more like Albania last year - qualify and then the middle of the right side of the table in the final.

Scooby
2nd May 2011, 18:53
This was not that bad at all.
Maybe the best performance from all up tempo songs in first semi.
I am impressed and positively surprised.

PeterLPZ
2nd May 2011, 19:16
Oh my god, what an awefull presentation. It seems, that Glen sticks on the stage.
Can´t imagine, that this song will get any points.

Grinch
3rd May 2011, 02:16
It was ok in general but the performance was like not completed. Glen, the dancers and the 3 women (backing vocals?) were like parts of 3 different shows. Anyway, at least he can sing his song and he's like a lil child. Cute :)

Grinch
3rd May 2011, 03:00
http://www.eurovision.de/news/proben187_v-original.jpg

http://www.eurovision.de/news/proben189_v-original.jpg

Adeline
3rd May 2011, 12:14
I still don't like the song, but he certainly puts a lot of energy in his performance :)

Milos-BC
3rd May 2011, 12:23
Average rehearsal, and an incredibly bad and dull song. I can bet it won't get more than 5 points in the end. I think it won't be enough to save himself from the bottom spot. A sure non-qualifier

Samb
3rd May 2011, 12:53
No chance of qualifying in a million years.

94ayd
4th May 2011, 04:16
Nothing seemed to fit in this rehearsal...

VedatiNet
4th May 2011, 05:41
Am I the only one who likes the choreography? Hope to qualify

Narmina
4th May 2011, 08:34
Watched the rehearseal one more time. It won't qualify to the final

MyHeartIsYours
4th May 2011, 10:08
Watched the rehearseal one more time. It won't qualify to the final

It will!! :mrgreen:

croboy82
4th May 2011, 10:57
He is just way too gay and smiley.......and I'm gay myself!

Grinch
4th May 2011, 15:00
^ I think he's too childish, a tiny guy also. It makes him sweet :D

CPV4931
4th May 2011, 15:59
The song is average, but I really dont like the performance - won´t qualify.

Grinch
8th May 2011, 05:08
http://www.eurovision.de/news/proben417_v-original.jpg

http://www.eurovision.de/news/proben421_v-original.jpg

Narmina
10th May 2011, 12:30
One life indeed we have! So let's live it in happinies! Good luck Malta!

MyHeartIsYours
10th May 2011, 21:44
I really really hope this qualify's!! It's got a great message + Glen is lovely! xheart

FallenAngelII
11th May 2011, 00:16
Poor Glen. The vote announcer even mistakenly thought that he'd gone through when announcing Finland qualifying for some reason ("That's gonna be a big birthday party! (sic)")

Misi
11th May 2011, 01:25
It was very well but the song and the vocalist were just not friendly enough.

Quent91
11th May 2011, 01:30
I quite like this song, but europeans seem not to like him and his freedom message to all gays.

ESCfan
11th May 2011, 18:48
Indifferent song....

Hegepege
12th May 2011, 01:15
I quite like this song, but europeans seem not to like him and his freedom message to all gays.

Nothing personal against him, we just miss Chiara <3

94ayd
12th May 2011, 01:34
His singing was spot on and the song isn't the worst ever but it just didn't stand out and the staging was beyond repulsive. :lol:

nikolay_BG
12th May 2011, 01:37

I actually didn`t like the song because of that, because ESC should not be a political contest.
+ the song it self is boring and forgetable.

MyHeartIsYours
12th May 2011, 01:41
I actually didn`t like the song because of that, because ESC should not be a political contest.
+ the song it self is boring and forgetable.

It's not political - it's about that people shouldnt be ashamed of who they are ;).

Im so sad it didnt qualify, we loved it here :(.

nikolay_BG
12th May 2011, 01:43
^I actually don`t care no matter if he likes to sleep with men or cats. It`s his life and I can`t judge him.
But I also find it irretating when somebody is sticking his sexual orientation in my face.
Like Glen Vella.

evilperson
12th May 2011, 01:58
It's not political - it's about that people shouldnt be ashamed of who they are ;).

Im so sad it didnt qualify, we loved it here :(.

One of my British friends also liked it oddly enough, perhaps the UK sent some votes its way. But she also liked Portugal, so.... :)

MyHeartIsYours
12th May 2011, 02:05
^I actually don`t care no matter if he likes to sleep with men or cats. It`s his life and I can`t judge him.
But I also find it irretating when somebody is sticking his sexual orientation in my face.
Like Glen Vella.

Well I wouldnt expect you to support a song that tells people to be who they really are cuz you have seemed to be quite dismissive of prejudice by Alex Sparrow ;). I figured you dont like gay pride or that and that's fine, I dont like it myself, but I think the message of this one is very important and it's a shame it didnt qualify!

Raul_Spain
12th May 2011, 11:44
The song was very poor That sounds good to me 2nd part

doctormalisimo
12th May 2011, 18:44
Does anyone else think Glen Vella looks like Justin Suarez from Ugly Betty?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/57/JustinSuarez.jpg/250px-JustinSuarez.jpg
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0BXF5j13i-GwI49f32sKCIpD7qgVRaw9Jdltgi5otwBxHUrXH
who's who?

Quent91
12th May 2011, 18:52
lol, whatever... :p xrofl

Scooby
12th May 2011, 19:01
Like Glen Vella.

OMG
He don't sing about sexual orientation and sexual freedoms.
In private life Glen work with persons with disabilities and he try to include them in ordinary life.
If you have same deficiency, that not mean you are a less worth than others.

Carefully read next parts, and you can see what the point is:

I am who I am and I’m here for you

Love me like I love you
One life It’s all we got to live
Time to set your heart free

Chase the pain away move on and don’t give up
This time it’s all up to you

Life is strange and heavenly a sweet surrender
Love begins within ourselves
Makes up our lives
Hold on to what life brings you
Just be who you are
You can do it too
It’s all up to you

Chase the pain away
Move on and don’t give up

Don’t try to judge me
You don’t know how I feel
Love me, love me for who I am
My life, I will give it all, I give it all to you, give it all

;););)

aletem
13th May 2011, 06:01
He sang well and it looked nice I suppose, but it was an outsider. This song grew on me slightly.

Himmerland
13th May 2011, 21:12
I just don't see the reason for putting Malta down??
I liked the song. He was a nice kid to look at, vocally very fine and the song was really good.
I have this little gay-man xgay2 living inside me (tho I'm a straight female), but this gay-man says this is fantastico! xcheer

Malta often has very good songs - I loved Vodka and Vertigo, and STILL do - but just as often Malta seems to be the public toilet for those ppl who are so full of 'manure', they have to load it at someone else.

LadyKiller
13th May 2011, 23:18
The problem was the title. Remember Xandee!!!:lol:

Quent91
13th May 2011, 23:19
sorry but the dancers around him looked creepy :?

Miguel
29th March 2012, 00:08
Flawless! So underrated. The piano break is awesome. I like Glen's voice. His stage performance is also good. Kurt Calleja looks mediocre compared to Glen (I mean, what the hell was Malta thinking when they chose that entry?). Public Broadcasting Service of Malta should have internally selected Glen this year. xlmao

Malta 2011 >>>>> Malta 2012

agnessa6666
14th April 2012, 18:55
i dont like it. so weak and boring

Matt
2nd November 2012, 22:28
Last weekend saw the annual gathering of the OGAE United Kingdom fan club in Manchester, Eurobash. Two of the special guests in attendance were Scott Fitzgerald who represented the United Kingdom in the 1988 Eurovision Song Contest and Glen Vella who represented Malta in 2011. It is fair to say they got on like a house on fire!.

http://www.eurovision.tv/save-files/resizes/12/8c/8b/f7/29/1c/30/60/7d/3e/e5/18/93/0d/1a/fe/DSC_0950.jpg

READ MORE (http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=when_scott_fitzgerald_met_glen_vella)