Youíre saying yes when it is no, no, no, no

Ohhhh
Am I headed for a car crash?
Ohhhh
Is this about to be my next, she takes the
Ohhhh
Iím about to fall in head first
Sisters let me tell you how it works

Itís not that I donít wanna play (play, play)
And then I didnít look your way (way, way)
Itís not like every girlís the same (same, same)
You gotta know just how to treat this miss
Or she will be dismissed

Heyyyyy

Here I come
Here I come
dum da dum da dum da dum

Hit and run
Hit and run
dum da dum da dum da dum

Then Iím gone
Then Iím gone
Gone, gone, gone, gone

Sean
1st June 2010, 21:17
Two-Door Cinema Club :mrgreen:

Schlagerman1
1st June 2010, 22:03
Please Ireland, join the club with UK and Sweden and go for something completly modern and new in 2011! ;)

MrJadeEwen
1st June 2010, 23:20
Now Niamh's tried whats the betting Linda Martin will give it a go?? :lol:

94ayd
1st June 2010, 23:37
She looks like a mummy now. :lol:

Raul_Spain
1st June 2010, 23:41
One of the Saturdays is Irish and did back vocals to Brian Kennedy, she could try her luck.

MrJadeEwen
1st June 2010, 23:52
but the Saturday's cannot sing live lol

Raul_Spain
2nd June 2010, 00:16
Really? :cry:

MrJadeEwen
2nd June 2010, 01:30
well thats what i thought when i heard them live of YCNY last year but i dunno maybe they can now? lol

MyHeartIsYours
2nd June 2010, 01:40
DUSTIN!!! :lol: :lol:

paddyirl
2nd June 2010, 04:43
One of the Saturdays is Irish and did back vocals to Brian Kennedy, she could try her luck.

Una was tweeting about ESC on Saturday but I don't think she would so it when she is active in The Saturdays.

BTW Una and Vanessa are great singers. They can both sing live, Una won a regional Irish song festival.

I can't think of a single Irish act that could do it. Most big Irish acts are indie bands at the minute and they would never do ESC.

Schlagerman1
2nd June 2010, 17:42

Una was tweeting about ESC on Saturday but I don't think she would so it when she is active in The Saturdays.

BTW Una and Vanessa are great singers. They can both sing live, Una won a regional Irish song festival.

I can't think of a single Irish act that could do it. Most big Irish acts are indie bands at the minute and they would never do ESC.

Then do what I said to the Brits...pick a guy or a girl on the street and give that person a proper song to sing and just send him/her! :lol:
Funny, but could work! :P

MyHeartIsYours
23rd August 2010, 04:11
On PaddyPower, the most likely Irish representative is Jedward! :lol:

Starmania
31st August 2010, 14:38
I can't think anyone else but Leanne Moore.

goktengri
6th September 2010, 08:02
I wait a great Rockband from Ireland. '' Et Cetera '' was awesome :)

AlekS
27th November 2010, 00:27
http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1126/eurovision.html

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=22373&_t=Fresh+new+format+for+Ireland+in+2011

Irish broadcaster RT… has today announced several changes to the format of their national selection process Eurosong 2011 which will decide who will follow Niamh Kavanagh and represent Ireland in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest in DŁsseldorf.

In a complete change of format, the Irish selection process for 2011 will involve five music industry professionals. These five people will each develop and mentor the five separate acts and songs to prepare them for Eurosong 2011 where the winner of the show will ultimately be chosen from a combination of public televote and regional juries.

It has been revealed that the five mentors will be Caroline Downey-Desmond who is a director and event producer, composer Ronan Hardiman, musical director and arranger David Hayes, the chairman of EMI Music Ireland Willie Kavanagh and finally composer and performer Liam Lawton.

According to RT… each of the mentors will source or commission the song and the performer, with all five entries to be performed for the first time on The Late Late Show Eurosong 2011 on February 11.

A.B.
27th November 2010, 19:09
It seems that the new ESC fashion is to have a "mentor". They should use their past Eurovision winners as mentors though! That would be interesting!

A-lister
27th November 2010, 19:30
^

Well they tried a former winner as judge recently and we all know how that turned out... :lol:

Alot of former winners/participants have no clue about Eurovision anymore and seem to think it's still the same era as when they won. Time moved on...

Matt
2nd December 2010, 19:37
"The Eurovision Factor" would be the best way to describe the start of the new decade of Europe's favourite music show. After Lena's victory at this year's Eurovision Song Contest, a new trend was set all across the continent for X-factor alike national selections. Ireland is no exception as the first act bidding to represent Eire was announced moments ago by The Herald newspaper and we are talking about the former X-factor stars, The Jedward Twins.
As esctoday.com has previously announced, Ireland is going to change the format of their national selection in order to increase their chances for winning the Eurovision Song Contest. Five professionals from the music industry will mentor five different acts who will fight for the lucky ticket with the destination DŁsseldorf.

"It's all being kept very hush hush right now, but Jedward are definitely going for it, and a real threat to win. Louis Walsh was very involved with Eurovision up until a few years ago, so I'm sure he'd be happy to see them represent Ireland. I'm sure the juries won't vote for them, but the public will definitely be pulling for them. All the kids watching the Late Late Show that night will be." , are the words given by a insider of The Herald newspaper.

The Jedward Twins have risen to fame since appearing as John & Edward on the sixth series of The X-Factor. Their biggest success is the release of their first single Under pressure (Ice ice baby) which peaked the 1st spot of the Irish music charts.

SOURCE (http://esctoday.com/news/read/16294)

A.B.
2nd December 2010, 19:44
At least Ireland is trying different things for the ESC... In 2008 they sent a turkey, in 2009 a punk girl band, in 2010 a former Eurovision winner and now a X-factor contestant.

PoppySnuggleGlass
2nd December 2010, 21:04
Jedward should totally sing 'My Lovely Horse' from Father Ted.
It would bring tears to my eyes.

Mickey
3rd December 2010, 13:18
Jedward should totally sing 'My Lovely Horse' from Father Ted.
It would bring tears to my eyes.

It would be just like Father Ted, except there'd be two Father Dougals on stage.

And they'd get 12 points from the UK.

AlekS
10th December 2010, 22:08
http://www.escflashmalta.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=497:breaking-news-jedward-and-vard-sisters-in-eurosong-2011&catid=2:news&Itemid=2

The Vard Sisters are in the final line-up as well (not official info, of course). They came 2nd in 1998 NF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRAmZMsaik8

Mickey
10th December 2010, 22:20
I think Jedward already have it all sewn up.

I must admit I'd be deliriously happy to see them at Eurovision and simultaneously very glad they're not representing the UK.

paddyirl
3rd January 2011, 18:24
FFS If Jedward and the Vard Sisters are 2 of the 5 acts we should withdraw.

When I saw Kalomira bak in 2008 I thought that Ireland should look to the USA and find an Irish American singer to represent us, you never know their could be a fledgling Mariah Carey out there that could do with a break.

But I feel we wouldn't pick a foreigner, look at 2009 when Kristina should have won, her song would have appealed to a lot more people than Et Cetera.

My Star
3rd January 2011, 21:12
I think Jedward already have it all sewn up.

*sigh* our nf is 50/50 juries, There isn't a hope in hell the juries will vote for them due to the slight problem that they can't sing.

NF so far is looking like this:
Jedward
Crystal Swing
The Vard Sisters

Way to go RTE! Why can't you make an effort like Austria and try to at least get some indie/rock bands or singer/songwriters in?

paddyirl
3rd January 2011, 21:25
Crystal Swing too. Dreadful line up if those 3 are all in it.

Brian Kennedy was the last good entry imho, I liked Mickey Joe too but they were the only entries I liked in the last decade from Ireland.

I feel like RT… totally rigged it in 2008 and 2010. Dustin and Niamh were over promoted both years compared to the other acts on RT… and in 2009 RT… allowed some people on the radio to be rather xenophobic towards the fact Kristina wasn't Irish when her song was the most suited to the ESC that year.

But its like everything on RT… these days, Sports Personality, Rose of Tralee, Eurovision there is zero transparency in how the winner is selected, just pulled out and presented to us. Also why does it have to take place during the Late Late Show, I mean seriously, Ryan Tubridy clearly has zero interest and is dreadful at doing that kind of a hosting job, hence why he was axed from the Rose of Tralee.

holden_macrotch
10th January 2011, 18:18
So far confirmed we have JEDWARD= vile creatures, possibly The Vard Sisters=don't think they could pull it off, and exclusivly just hot off the press Nikki Kavanagh
I think with the right song this girl can restore our eurovision pride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v7IkDwQ96E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idic33y1tBo

Sim
10th January 2011, 22:45
Is she family of Niamh Kavanagh?

MrJadeEwen
10th January 2011, 23:27
She's awesome :P

94ayd
11th January 2011, 17:50
And she's confirmed her participation. ;)

AlekS
11th January 2011, 23:02
http://wiwibloggs.com/2011/01/11/ireland-eurosong-2011-shortlist-leaked/
The final line-up:

1. Jedward Twins
2. Nikki Kavanagh
3. Don Mescall
4. The Vard Sisters
5. unnamed quartet signed with the EMI (2 male + 2 female members... Codes?)

evilperson
12th January 2011, 00:08
If this unnamed quartet was from Belarus, they could just call themselves 2+2. :lol:

AlekS
12th January 2011, 01:22
^ I don't mind...just don't bring those yucky wings, guys :shock: :lol:

I think Jedward can receive some points from Ukraine. We already have blond twins from another talent show and their fanbase is huge :shock: :lol:

Jedward twins:
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00140/Jedward1_2_140137t.jpg

Borisenko twins:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs017.snc4/34216_412069391574_339270091574_4413914_5062849_n. jpg

and Jedward are their improved version if you talk about songs :lol:

Mickey
12th January 2011, 21:05
I think Jedward can receive some points from Ukraine. We already have blond twins from another talent show and their fanbase is huge :shock: :lol:

Jedward twins:
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00140/Jedward1_2_140137t.jpg

Borisenko twins:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs017.snc4/34216_412069391574_339270091574_4413914_5062849_n. jpg

and Jedward are their improved version if you talk about songs :lol:

Just to clarify, they are not "the Jedward Twins". Their names are John and Edward and their band name comes from combining the two.

I'm not sure if they even have any songs. I'm only aware of them doing cover versions. On the X Factor they were the yearly act who were rubbish, but people voted through for a bit of a laugh. Jedward at Eurovision would be a comedy act, but I can't personally think of a better use for them.

AlekS
12th January 2011, 21:18
^ They are twins and I'm gonna call them Jedward twins because they are famous under that "name" xshrug ;)

As for comedy act - yep, it's obvious. Really young teens will like them.
Still it can't be worse than Dustin (I hope so) so I don't mind.

Mickey
12th January 2011, 23:41
^ They are twins and I'm gonna call them Jedward twins because they are famous under that "name" xshrug ;)

It just sounds weird, because you normally use the surname for that. It's the equivalent of calling them "The Jedwards" or Kings of Leon "the Kings of Leon brothers" (if one of them wasn't a cousin).

AlekS
13th January 2011, 00:35
^ I know ;)

MyHeartIsYours
13th January 2011, 01:10
If Ireland send Jedward they are so going to get 12 points from the United Kingdom! :lol:

evilperson
13th January 2011, 14:01
After a turkey puppet, sending Jedward wouldn't even be half as embarrassing for Ireland.

AlekS
13th January 2011, 15:29
^ never say never :lol:
Depends of the song in the current case.

A.B.
13th January 2011, 16:09
I would like The Vard Sisters to represent Ireland in Dusseldorf. I love their song "Seol".

MyHeartIsYours
13th January 2011, 16:29
After a turkey puppet, sending Jedward wouldn't even be half as embarrassing for Ireland.

Dustin was absolutely hilarious... loved him ;). Trouble is Jedward arent funny imo, but I think perhaps continentals will find them funny :lol:.

A-lister
13th January 2011, 16:42
I'd like an entry in Gaelic !!!

One of my favorite Irish entries of all time is the only entry Ireland send in Gaelic so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJzhQz4V2CU

It's such a shame with such a unique language not to use it, it's kind of like Malta who never gives Maltese a try.

MrJadeEwen
13th January 2011, 19:34
If Ireland send Jedward they are so going to get 12 points from the United Kingdom! :lol:

You forgot about Juries :P which if they gave even small points to Greece or Turkey, they'd overtake Ireland

MrJadeEwen
13th January 2011, 19:35
#Jedwardeurovision is trending in the UK currently... LOL

My Star
14th January 2011, 00:31
Screw this nf. I hate RTE.

My Star
14th January 2011, 00:32
I'd like an entry in Gaelic !!!

One of my favorite Irish entries of all time is the only entry Ireland send in Gaelic so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJzhQz4V2CU

It's such a shame with such a unique language not to use it, it's kind of like Malta who never gives Maltese a try.

I'm guessing we'll have an Irish lang entry this year.

A-lister
14th January 2011, 00:44
I'm guessing we'll have an Irish lang entry this year.

That would be amazing!

Although I'm afraid the Jedward joke will collect the public vote, I hope there will be juries to stop Ireland making fools of themselves though.

My Star
14th January 2011, 00:49
I'd say they will save the nf.

A-lister
14th January 2011, 00:49
I'd say they will save the nf.

Who? The Jedward twins or the juries?

MyHeartIsYours
14th January 2011, 13:42
You forgot about Juries :P which if they gave even small points to Greece or Turkey, they'd overtake Ireland

Oh yerr I did! :lol: Well at least guaranteed about 8 points, no? ;)
There should be a rule for our jury that says they cant vote for Greece or Turkey! :lol:

A-lister
14th January 2011, 15:05
Oh yerr I did! :lol: Well at least guaranteed about 8 points, no? ;)
There should be a rule for our jury that says they cant vote for Greece or Turkey! :lol:

That rule should apply to all juries :lol:

MyHeartIsYours
14th January 2011, 22:43
That rule should apply to all juries :lol:

Agree!! :lol: They get too many points, they dont need extra help from the juries! :lol:

AlekS
15th January 2011, 01:02
http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/560093/Ireland-Specials.html
8/11 on Jedward's victory...

Sean
15th January 2011, 20:00
Jedward have described their Eurovision song as the "ultimate anthem".

The X Factor stars, who were recently confirmed for the Irish Eurovision shortlist, said that their entry is an "amazing" song that everyone will dance to.

Speaking to Alan Murphy on Ireland's Galway Bay FM, they said: "The song is an ultimate anthem that everybody's going to be dancing to. It's an amazing song. We're huge Eurovision fans and we watch every single year."

The twins will compete with four other acts in Eurosong for the chance to represent Ireland in Dusseldorf later this year.

"We really, really want to represent Ireland at Eurovision and we'll do our best," they added. "We need everyone to vote for us in Eurosong to make sure we get to the Eurovision.

"We have a great uptempo song that everyone will love and we already have loads of fans in Europe. We want to win the Eurovision and for Jedward to go global. We want world domination."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a298136/jedward-eurovision-song-is-an-anthem.html

A-lister
16th January 2011, 00:46
^
Oh nooo now I'm even more afraid how their joke will sound!

When anyone from western Europe, especially Ireland/UK, is talking about "the ultimate Eurovision anthem", I'm awaiting something super -over the top- campy crap for sure.

I hope Irish people will be more clever than voting for this joke, I'm afraid they will want them though.

MrJadeEwen
16th January 2011, 01:23
Well it seems they have a twitter campaign so uhm link for anyone interested http://twitter.com/#!/JedEurovision

tbh i think this'll do better for UK than Ireland i can see people watching just for them ;)

DeepInsidePaulOscar
16th January 2011, 19:29
I'm Irish and want Jedward to just go away already. They're just cringeworthy.

I'm hoping the Vard Sisters have a good song,I love their entry 'Seol' from '98 - I'd never liked the Irish language in song before,but their voices can make anything sound beautiful. And they can sing live - something Jedward never managed in all those XFactor performances.

My Star
16th January 2011, 23:09
"We're huge Eurovision fans and we watch every single year."

Ah, cool, then they'll know that their style has no chance of even qualifying from the semis and they'll pull out.

Matt
16th January 2011, 23:27
Ah, cool, then they'll know that their style has no chance of even qualifying from the semis and they'll pull out.

xrofl3

true that

Sabrewulf238
17th January 2011, 20:58
If Jedward get to Eurovision...

When they start singing a large thump sound will be heard from Ireland as everyone actually dies from embarrassment, Jedward will then go to prison for crimes against humanity and for the embarrassed deaths of an entire nation.

The worst thing is I can see them plowing through any of the other four entries....it's Dustin all over again. :( (The only difference is I like Dustin but cringe at the whole affair)

Sean
17th January 2011, 21:05
If Jedward get to Eurovision...

When they start singing a large thump sound will be heard from Ireland as everyone actually dies from embarrassment, Jedward will then go to prison for crimes against humanity and for the embarrassed deaths of an entire nation.

The worst thing is I can see them plowing through any of the other four entries....it's Dustin all over again. :(

I would say this would be the case.......but you used the word singing.

Oh well, they're good for some shits & giggles I guess :p

Sabrewulf238
17th January 2011, 21:07
I would say this would be the case.......but you used the word singing.

Oh well, they're good for some shits & giggles I guess :p

Oh silly me....where was my head gone?

"good for some shits & giggles"

Yeah, real winner potential right there...

It might be hard to believe now, but once upon a time the name Ireland sent shivers down the spine of countries everywhere. Now it's hard to tell with all the sniggering.

Sean
17th January 2011, 21:10
haha I never said Jedward could ever dream of getting close to winning :p They're good to laugh at (not with) but if you guys wanna do well then I guess you'd either have to pray the juries in your NF save you (the voters won't) or wait until 2012 :/

Wagner for UK anyone?

MrJadeEwen
17th January 2011, 23:52
comeon jedward would win.......

xD Ireland pick a good ballad or something good rather than this. I highly doubt Europe will get Jedward

MyHeartIsYours
18th January 2011, 13:59
The United Kingdom and Ireland can both commiserate each other about coming last by giving each other 12 :lol:.

MyHeartIsYours
18th January 2011, 14:01
It might be hard to believe now, but once upon a time the name Ireland sent shivers down the spine of countries everywhere. Now it's hard to tell with all the sniggering.

If it's anything mate, I always look forward to the Irish entry and always pray that you'll do well :).

A-lister
18th January 2011, 14:11
xD Ireland pick a good ballad or something good rather than this. I highly doubt Europe will get Jedward

There's nothing "to get", they are just a bad choice that's all.

Matt
18th January 2011, 14:57
Jedwards song will be written by the same team writing songs for the former xfactor band JLS.

Nikki Kavanagh's song will be written by Jonas Gladnikoff Christina Schilling, Hanif Sabzevari and Camilla Gottschalk. Gladnikoff has co-written the previous two Irish entries, Et Cetera and It’s For You, and also paired with Schilling previously to pen the popular Someday, runner-up in the Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2009. Sabzevari was also a co-writer of Unstoppable from Melodifestivalen 2010.

A-lister
18th January 2011, 15:11
Jedwards song will be written by the same team writing songs for the former xfactor band JLS.

Nikki Kavanagh's song will be written by Jonas Gladnikoff Christina Schilling, Hanif Sabzevari and Camilla Gottschalk. Gladnikoff has co-written the previous two Irish entries, Et Cetera and It’s For You, and also paired with Schilling previously to pen the popular Someday, runner-up in the Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2009. Sabzevari was also a co-writer of Unstoppable from Melodifestivalen 2010.

Eeew with those names on board on Nikki's entry it doesn't sound promising at all!

Someday is one of the worst songs ever lol, Unstoppable is crap and the past Irish entries weren't much to write home about.

lol seems Jedward atleast have a better team behind them, but I don't like them at all.

My hopes are now on the Vard sisters, hopefully we'll get something genuinely Irish and in Gealic by them.

CiprianZisu
18th January 2011, 15:57
theres nothing good here it seems

MyHeartIsYours
18th January 2011, 16:17
Well to us there was nothing to get with Laka so it works both ways ;).
If Ireland send Jedward then so be it. I don't personally like them but I'm sure it won't be the worst song this year so good luck to Eire :).

Sean
18th January 2011, 19:54
Well to us there was nothing to get with Laka so it works both ways ;).
If Ireland send Jedward then so be it. I don't personally like them but I'm sure it won't be the worst song this year so good luck to Eire :).

O/T but I very much got Laka and I loved it :o

Sabrewulf238
19th January 2011, 09:13
Apparenetely this is one of Nikki Kavanagh song's:

Dead or Alive
sPfvAapvFZ0

Mejeebies. O.O Please please please please beat Jedward! *begs god*

The United Kingdom and Ireland can both commiserate each other about coming last by giving each other 12 :lol:.

Ireland has to actually make the final for that...

94ayd
19th January 2011, 10:56
This is really cool! Still, can't know what to make of the Jedward twins but I think there's a chance they'll please me at least a bit. I mean, I really enjoyed Dustin the Turkey... xrofl3 I have high hopes for this NF, especially with a possibility of a song in Irish. :D

A.B.
19th January 2011, 13:22
^

Jedward's songtitle is "Lipstick". :?:shock::lol:

I'm looking forwards to listen to The Vards Sisters' bid. They should come out with a decent song. :D
Nikki Kavanagh would be a good Irish representative, but I have some doubts about her chances at the ESC as last year's Irish composer is her song author.

My Star
19th January 2011, 23:39
This is really cool! Still, can't know what to make of the Jedward twins but I think there's a chance they'll please me at least a bit. I mean, I really enjoyed Dustin the Turkey... xrofl3 I have high hopes for this NF, especially with a possibility of a song in Irish. :D

Never, ever, ever, ever compare Dustin and Jedward. Dustin was awesome and hilarious. Jedward not so much.

haha I never said Jedward could ever dream of getting close to winning :p They're good to laugh at (not with) but if you guys wanna do well then I guess you'd either have to pray the juries in your NF save you (the voters won't) or wait until 2012 :/

Wagner for UK anyone?

Wagner is lulzy, Jedward were lulzy on the X factor.

However, Jedward now suck, as well they've become way too popular and treat things too serious. Louis Walsh actually came out and said a while ago they were better than "that girl who won last year" regarding them going to ESC. Face + Palm.

evilperson
20th January 2011, 00:01
Louis Walsh will say anything to bolster John and Edwards bid for ESC. I'd like to hear their song before completely disregarding them and they will be the main favourites only because the UK X-Factor is quite popular in Ireland. But I'm really not expecting much from them if their past is any indication. Also if RTE pick a sound jury, I doubt they'll get much support from them but it will depend on what the other acts prepare I think.

AlekS
20th January 2011, 00:11
I hope Nikki comes with a good song. I'm not into teeny bands, though everything depends of a song, indeed.

MrJadeEwen
25th January 2011, 18:45
Alexandra Burke said in an interview in dublin that Jedward will bomb so don't pick them. She's probably had insight to the song as well xD Wonder if that'll make any difference to the public & jury

Sabrewulf238
26th January 2011, 00:44
Amen to that!

Who knows maybe Alexandra's die hard fans will all snub Jedward now? Wishful thinking probably...

Louis Walsh actually came out and said a while ago they were better than "that girl who won last year" regarding them going to ESC. Face + Palm.

HE DID NOT! :shock:

Louis is going senile. xrofl3

Is there anywhere on the internet where he said this? Like an article?

Bojan
26th January 2011, 01:06
LMAO @ Louis Walsh.
only he can say delusional stuff like that. :lol:

15anonymous
26th January 2011, 18:01
in the israeli cables we have a british MTV, so from watching it for very long time i can say that ireland will get my vote if alexandra burke will be in dusseldorf :D

Quent91
26th January 2011, 18:09
Did I understand this correctly ? http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/16570

Niamh will try once again to represent Ireland ?

Sean
26th January 2011, 18:13
^ Nah she will just be a guest at the national final I guess :p

in the israeli cables we have a british MTV, so from watching it for very long time i can say that ireland will get my vote if alexandra burke will be in dusseldorf :D

She'd represent UK rather than Ireland, and even then the chances are slim xD

Matt
26th January 2011, 18:20

Not in 2011, she's just a special guest according to that article. Will she try again sometime in the future??? Who knows!! :)

15anonymous
26th January 2011, 18:57

not again... :\

evilperson
28th January 2011, 01:09
According to the rumours, some of the song titles have been revealed. The EMI quartet will sing a song called "Shine on", Don Mescall will sing "Talking With Jennifer", and finally Jedward will sing "Lipstick".

MyHeartIsYours
28th January 2011, 01:58
Awww I wish Niamh was doing it, I got excited for a minute there!

MrJadeEwen
28th January 2011, 16:48
1. Don Mescall - Talking with Jennifer (Ronan Hardiman & Don Mescall )
2. Jedward - Lipstick (Dan Priddy, Lars Jensen and Martin Larson)
3. Mystery Act - Shine On (Patrick Mahoney)
4. The Vard Sisters - Send me an angel (Liam Lawton)
5. Nikki Kavanagh - Falling (Christina Schilling, Camilla Gottschalck, Jonas Gladnikoff and Hanif Sabzevari)

hmmm... :P well there is no full gaelic entries then, all english xD these song titles seem rather cheesy i think.

A-lister
28th January 2011, 17:07
No Gaelic :(

Nikki's writing team is a bunch of generic writers and no comment on Jedward :/

Matt
31st January 2011, 16:13
Rebecca Creighton will join jedward onstage apparently (she was a xfactor contestant in 2010)

AlekS
1st February 2011, 01:13
^ From Belle Amie? Like 1 disaster wasn't enough :*)

Gonna cheer for Nikki (even despite I dislike Jonas).

mistertambourineman
3rd February 2011, 20:26
advance clip of Jedward's 'Lipstick'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lipstick/dp/B004LY99B2/ref=sr_shvl_album_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1296743980&sr=301-5&tag=5336653544-21

I like it!

Go, Jedward!! http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2316/53057.gif

Mickey
3rd February 2011, 20:57
It might yet sound horrendous live, but for now, I like it too!

Margerita86
3rd February 2011, 21:09
Hmm, Lipstic sounds somewhat catchy at least, but it might suck mightily live.

Sean
3rd February 2011, 21:11
Doesn't sound too horrendous but having been exposed to their live abilities (or lack of) on X Factor I'm not convinced :p

Matt
3rd February 2011, 21:56
Doesn't sound too horrendous but having been exposed to their live abilities (or lack of) on X Factor I'm not convinced :p

They could do what Kalomira did in 2008 and have 4 backing singers making up for her shaky vocals. So anything is possible.

MyHeartIsYours
4th February 2011, 00:45
Omg Lipstick is amazing!! :lol: :D

Matt
4th February 2011, 01:20
Nahh, average bubblegum pop to me.....hope that's not the best the irish NF has to offer.

94ayd
4th February 2011, 02:09
I think it's quite nice and won't mind seeing it win but let's hear the other songs first, of course! :D

Sabrewulf238
4th February 2011, 02:21
I'm too of the opinion that Lipstick isn't completely rupulsive....but the proof will be in the live performance. So for now I'm sitting very firmly on the fence.

30 seconds isn't enough time to decide if it would grow on people or just irritate them after a while...

I'm still holding out for Nikki Kavanagh though..

paddyirl
5th February 2011, 21:24
This expert thing has backfired from the looks of things.

Jedward - just a joke
Vard Sisters - too old.
Bling - Not what I would expect a 4 piece to look like. Marilyn and Gari don't seem like Group types but the other two do, seem and odd group.
Don Mescall - Bland.

Nikki seems ok, best from the look of this documentary.

Jedward's "expert" has zero clue about eurovision, this is not 2006 I mean seriously she thinks this is not about strong vocals. All she does is events management, how is she a musical expert.

I hope RT… just withdraw next year if this is what they call a serious attempt at success.

Also we all know Jedward will win no matter what. Second year in a row where the winner has been predetermined.

MrJadeEwen
5th February 2011, 21:39
:\ i'm not impressed by any from this preview show, hopefully it improves. Jedward unfortunately seem to have the best team and more commerical sounding song, i'd guess they are gonna win, nothing else has the "outstanding" feel

GRE
6th February 2011, 12:40
Escdaily reports that there will not be a 50-50 system in the final,but 67-33?:ugeek::geek:

Sean
6th February 2011, 12:44
In whose favour? If it's 67% televoting we may as well add Jedward to the thread title now xD

GRE
6th February 2011, 13:02
In whose favour? If it's 67% televoting we may as well add Jedward to the thread title now xD

No,the oposite ;)

A-lister
6th February 2011, 13:59
Second year in a row where the winner has been predetermined.

Make that three! No offense, but the Irish selections always looked corrupted to me.

Melicia
6th February 2011, 14:18
Why cant Ireland send Westlife to ESC?

MrJadeEwen
6th February 2011, 14:31

67% Jury as a "punishment" for Jedward leaking the song on amazon :P

Sabrewulf238
6th February 2011, 17:22
Lovely, hopefully this will mean a much more balanced result.

It's common knowledge that the public can't be depended on for squat when it comes to things like this.

Video of snippets:

ra9roRB3304

I'd rank them:

1. Falling
2. Send Me An Angel (This is growing on me a bit, it depends on the performance, it could be haunting)
3. Lipstick
4. Talking With Jennifer
5. Shine On

Bojan
6th February 2011, 17:40
67% Jury as a "punishment" for Jedward leaking the song on amazon :P
it'll be funny if they win despite of the "punishment" lol

out from the snippets, I like Nikki's song the most.

Kryptonite
6th February 2011, 18:52
Wow, I really like "Falling" :D

AlekS
6th February 2011, 19:18
Jedward can't sing live, their "mentor" thinks that Dustin was a gr8 entry, they have no clue about ESC.
Nikki or nobody. Thanks.

star5
6th February 2011, 20:30
You have really good songs in this year's Nation Final.

I think that "Falling" is the best song of all.

Jedward are also good and amusing ;)

I hope you'll choose the right one.

Good luck Ireland!

evilperson
6th February 2011, 21:18
Jedward should win, it will be Ireland's best shot I believe. I'm curious to hear what it sounds like live though cause their X Factor performances were hit and miss.

If not them, Nikki is the next best thing.

Muireanne
6th February 2011, 21:50
Jedward can't sing live, their "mentor" thinks that Dustin was a gr8 entry, they have no clue about ESC.
Nikki or nobody. Thanks.

We finally agree AlekS... that is that Jedward is sh** (no agreement on Dustin though ;) ). To me Bling or the Vard Sisters should go (or - as 3th choice - Nikki Kavanagh)... nice to have a majority of good candidates in a national final actually...

94ayd
6th February 2011, 23:29
I don't see how any of the songs can be better than "Lipstick". They seems slow and boring... I guess the better ones are Bling's and Nikki's.

bashers
6th February 2011, 23:35
After hearing the entries, I think Nikki Kavanagh is pretty good. I'd love to hear the whole song! Jedward would be a laugh...ing stock! The others do seem ok but not eurovision enough!

MyHeartIsYours
7th February 2011, 01:44
Atm, my order is:
1. Jedward - Lipstick
2. Don Mescall - Talking With Jennifer
3. Nikki Kavanagh - Falling
4. Bling - Shine On
5. The Vard Sisters - Shine Me An Angel

Cant wait for the National Final!! :D

QwaarJet
7th February 2011, 05:49
Nikki Kavanagh for me has the only ESC worthy song. That could do well.

GRE
7th February 2011, 10:07
My fave is Shine on

DeepInsidePaulOscar
7th February 2011, 20:56
The order of my top 4 might change when we hear them in full,but based on the clips for now,I rank them like this ...

1st - The Vard Sisters - Send Me An Angel
2nd - Don Mescall - Talking With Jennifer

^^^ I really want the winner to be one of the above ^^

3rd - Bling - Shine On
4th - Nikki Kavanagh - Falling

^^^ I wouldn't mind if the winner was one of the above ^^

5th - Jedward - Lipstick

^^ Dustin part II. The music is sort of catchy as an instrumental,but the lyrics are naff,and they showed us week after week on X factor that they can't sing,can't dance.The song sounds like something that forgotten duo 'Shampoo' would make.

lmwells1
7th February 2011, 21:36
For anyone who hasnt seen the documentary, and is, like me, a fan of Nikki and "Falling", here's a bit more on the song:

The song seems to open with a deep piano, which reminds me a lot of "apologise" by one republic.
Nikki starts singing about 16 seconds in.
Song opens with the lyrics "I could live every day in denial, I could stray through the night like a firefly."
Next 2 lines hard to hear but sound something like "I could try and... *something*, But I wish *something* like a waterfall".
At close, the instrument stops just before Nikki sings "Im fallin', fallin'".

Sounds really good, cant wait to hear the full version.

A-lister
7th February 2011, 22:04
I don't really like any of these to be honest, but the Vard Sisters sound the most genuine and Irish to me, so I'll go for that one.

Infoman
8th February 2011, 04:22
12 Points to the Vard Sisters!!!!!!!!:p:p:p

Infoman
8th February 2011, 04:24
1. The Vard Sisters - Shine Me An Angel So Irish :)
2. Jedward - Lipstick - Nice hair too bad you can't sing
3. Nikki Kavanagh - Falling - OK
Last Place Semifinal material
4. Bling - Shine On
5. Don Mescall - Talking With Jennifer

Infoman
8th February 2011, 04:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYAPqZvCBwg
KINDA FUNNY CALL BY JEDWARD FOR VOTES :)

Milos-BC
8th February 2011, 10:45
My faves are The Vard Sisters and Nikki.

But Jedward will surely win, even despite this punishment, I am sure. Not fond of what I heard in the snippet of "Lipstick", but not the worst choice.

Oh, and as for this "call" - :lol:

Ten
8th February 2011, 11:22
You know what, i don't mind Jedward these days. 'Lipstick' is a bit rubbish, but at least they have fun.
I don't see them winning because of the jury vote, but if they do then OH WELL :)

Charly
8th February 2011, 23:26
Vard Sisters & Nikki for Me :D

Kryptonite
10th February 2011, 18:06
My ranking, now that I heard full songs:

1. Nikki Kavanagh - Falling: very modern song. Kinda reminds me of "Drip drop" last year, just with better vocals. I think that this is a winner :D
2. Don Mescall - Talking with Jennifer: I really like this song. Can't find the reason but it's just good!
3. Jedward - Lipstick: It's a catchy but too repetitive song. The vocals will most probably suck, and I really don't like those two guys :D
4. Bling - Shine on: Nice but very aged song.
5. Vard sisters - Send me an angel: It's a nice song (again) but kinda bland and oldfashioned :D

MyHeartIsYours
10th February 2011, 18:41
Is Nikki really related to Niamh? :lol:

adnar
10th February 2011, 19:51
Nikki must win! Her song is very good, with good performance this can be a top 10, maybe even top 5 finish for Ireland :)

DoctorX
10th February 2011, 19:52
Repetitive, lame lyrics or not. Lipsticks seems the only song can bring Ireland to top 10 IMO. With a creative stage performance (at least not a huge lipstick on stage like katy perry did in MTV EMA 2 years ago :D) this song can rock DŁsseldorf.

Mickey
10th February 2011, 20:04
I won't listen to all the songs until I watch the final tomorrow (I assume there will be streaming somewhere?), but for now, I want Jedward to win.

It's mainly to see a real life version of the Father Ted Eurovision episode, but it would also mean big viewing figures in the UK, when you combine their fanbase with Blue's. I think ESC can beat Britain's Got Talent in the ratings this year.

Sabrewulf238
10th February 2011, 20:09
Falling has to represent Ireland <3

I'm not sure if Lipstick will cut it in europe now....the jury have brought around a somewhat more respectable image of the contest now....you have to remember they'll have to deal with the jury now also...who could rip Jedward to shreds.

evilperson
10th February 2011, 20:31
My ranking after hearing the full songs:

1. Nikki Kavanagh - Falling

HUGE GAP

2. Jedward - Lipstick
3. Vard Sisters - Send me an Angel
4. Bling - Shine On
5. Don Mescall - Talking with Jennifer

AlekS
11th February 2011, 01:20
Irish final

http://dynimg.rte.ie/0002d3b3-288.jpg

Time: 22:30CET
Webcast #1: http://www.eurovision.tv/esctv/future?program=25243
Webcast #2: http://www.rte.ie/live/

Quent91
11th February 2011, 22:55
The broadcasting will be 1 hour later... not 21:35 cet but 22:35 cet

Quent91
11th February 2011, 23:25
It's about to start :D 10 minutes to go :D

http://www.eurovision.tv/esctv/main?program=25243

AlekS
11th February 2011, 23:29
The broadcasting will be 1 hour later... not 21:35 cet but 22:35 cet
That's what I wrote on the previous page.
Esctoday screwed up.

Hmmmm, wondering if the jury can choose Jedward :shock:

MyHeartIsYours
11th February 2011, 23:35
I've got my Brandy and Coke and cant wait for it to start!! :mrgreen: Go Jedward!! ::ie

adnar
11th February 2011, 23:36
If it was Azeri jury they could choose Jedward, but in Ireland I definately think they are out of any chances :)

DoctorX
11th February 2011, 23:38
Fingers crossed for Jedward!

lucian-crusher
11th February 2011, 23:39
Go Nikki! She is the best, followed by Jedward! :D The other thre are just....

Mickey
11th February 2011, 23:41
The RTE stream has started. No sign of it on ESC website, though.

MyHeartIsYours
11th February 2011, 23:42
The Late Late Show is always amazing... even better when it has Eurovision on it!! :D

Niamh xheart

A-lister
11th February 2011, 23:55
Brian is kinda hot! Who would have known, he looked silly back then with that long 80's hair.

AlekS
11th February 2011, 23:57
"- but the Germans won the show last year!?
- well, it doesn't count!"

xdoh (not even gonna comment what she said about voting :lol: )

MyHeartIsYours
11th February 2011, 23:57
^ Agree! :D

Shame Cheryl Baker in particular had to ruin it chatting sh*t about the voting :|.

A-lister
12th February 2011, 00:00
And here we go, the typical ignorant westerners.

Yeah yeah,, the juries saving all, before it was only bad songs and block voting Zzzz

And what did Ireland send again? I rest my case. I seriously hate this attitude.

And people, Eurovision is a SHOW aswell, not only about songs. Gosh.

AlekS
12th February 2011, 00:09
This will be the last thing that I say on this particular issue. Probably winning this contest for 4 decades doesn't count too.

anyway. I'm more interested in Irish entries.

adnar
12th February 2011, 00:15
Jedward are not as bad as I expected, however sending them would be one big mistake. I hope Brian Kennedy will be honest as he promised... we have Nigar Camal x 2 plus bad backing vocals :|

AlekS
12th February 2011, 00:15
Jedward. Actually their vocals are not that bad and they are backed up by backing vocalists. Overall it's just a mess on stage.
I think that backing vocalists were unneccessary. They need a normal choreography.

MyHeartIsYours
12th February 2011, 00:17
Woop woop Jedward were AMAZING!! xcheer Ireland would do really well I think with them!! :D :D

adnar
12th February 2011, 00:20
I don't think so. Angelica Agurbash had a nice song as well and a good routine on the stage... and she got stuck in the semifinals. The performance is too messy, there is too much of it on the stage. As I wrote before I expected much worse vocals, I don't really understand why there are backing vocals as well - they were very, very bad.

94ayd
12th February 2011, 00:20
WOOOOOOOW, I LOVE THIS SHOW! :D So entertaining and enthusiastic! :mrgreen: First one was OK but a bit boring, while the 2nd one was over-the-top (JEDWARD :lol:). It wasn't as bad as I expected from vocals but not as amazing as I expected from the song/choreography. Brian does look a lot younger. ;)

Mickey
12th February 2011, 00:23
Jedward weren't quite as bad as they could have been, although they do need their backing vocalists.

They have a dancing style of their own, mainly based around jumping. They'll have more room onstage at Dusseldorf.

adnar
12th February 2011, 00:23
Yes, the show is so funny. Ireland shows us that there is nothing wrong in making a simple national finals with a few songs included in a popular talk show. Plus they have very short commercials :D

MyHeartIsYours
12th February 2011, 00:25
I think the Commercials are dreadfully long!! :lol:

MyHeartIsYours
12th February 2011, 00:27
God this one's awful :(.

AlekS
12th February 2011, 00:29
Bling! - Shine On... gosh, here goes the retro. They do not fit each other, guys are awesome but the girls' voices are too different.

Mickey
12th February 2011, 00:29
Bling's too old fashioned and cheesy for me.

AlekS
12th February 2011, 00:30
Are we watching the same show with Cheryl? :lol:

Mickey
12th February 2011, 00:34
This sounds like "When a Child Is Born"

MyHeartIsYours
12th February 2011, 00:35
The Sisters' song is beautiful but I think Ireland shouldnt send a ballad this year.

adnar
12th February 2011, 00:36
I think the Commercials are dreadfully long!! :lol:

You obviously never watched a Polish tv :D Here the commercials sometimes take up to 15 minutes :(

The Vard sisters are so nice, but so outdated :(

AlekS
12th February 2011, 00:36
The Vard Sisters - finally good vocals :D I wish they could have a better song, I like the lyrics but not the music.

adnar
12th February 2011, 00:42
Nikki is the best - great vocals, good looks, and superb performance!

AlekS
12th February 2011, 00:44
Nikki - nice. I think that she needs stronger vocals for that song but so far she was the best, imo.

MyHeartIsYours
12th February 2011, 00:46
Second best, after Jedward. Both could do really well at Eurovision though I think :D.

AlekS
12th February 2011, 00:46
I agree with Cheryl! wtf? :lol:

Mickey
12th February 2011, 00:47
Nikki is the best - great vocals, good looks, and superb performance!

Agreed. It reminds me of Safura.

I think the dancers are a good idea, maybe get them to dance differently, but don't discard them altogether, as that woman says.

Her or Jedward.

adnar
12th February 2011, 00:50
^^

For me too - she reminds me of Safura, but with definately stronger vocals. The dancers could make a different routine, because this one is a bit messy, but anyway - there is nothing wrong with them, especially that they tried it on such a small stage. She gave the best vocal performance alongside with the Vard sisters. By a moment I even thought that she can be number 1 in Duesseldorf. If she wins, she will definately be the number one in my list for today.

AlekS
12th February 2011, 00:51
Same here. I think that she was miiiiles better than Safura. And I liked the dancers.

Lenalite
12th February 2011, 00:52
1st - Falling
2nd - Lipstick
3rd - Shine On
4th - Vard Sisters
5th - Talking With Jennifer

I liked both Lipstick and Falling. Actually my fave was Lipstick. But then it changed. I didn't like Jedward's live performance so much, maybe they can improve. But I'm cheering both of them. Hope one of them will represent Ireland in ESC 2011.

lucian-crusher
12th February 2011, 00:52
OMG! Nikki was amazing! She must win! Please ::ie! :D

94ayd
12th February 2011, 00:53
It's pretty obvious who the top 2 are - Jedward have the best song, while Nikki has the best performance but, while I rank Nikki's song 2nd, Jedward's performance is 4th (I only put Don behind them :lol:). My comments on the last 3: Bling - nice vocals, OK song; The Vard Sisters - very nice vocals, boring song; Nikki - great vocals, great song. I think it's pretty clear who I'm rooting for. :lol: And we do need to show beautiful Irish girls in ESC, too... :lol:

94ayd
12th February 2011, 00:55
By the way, Nikki's song really does remind of Safura's... :lol: I hope they revamp it a bit and make it a wee bit stronger, though, in the even of winning. :D

1. Nikki
2. Jedward
3. Bling
4. The Vard Sisters
5. Don

Oh, I agree with Gamze on everyone. :lol:

Sabrewulf238
12th February 2011, 01:00
Nikki absolutely MUST win, I've voted many times for her. I think I'm in LOON territory. :O

My ranking after the live performance:

1. Nikki
2. The Vard Sisters
3. Don
4. Jedward
5. Bling

Jedward seemed a bit reigned in tbh....love them or hate them you can always count on their energy in fun....which I felt was a bit absent from that performance. :(

adnar
12th February 2011, 01:04
For me it's
1. Nikki
2. Don
3. Bling
4. The Vard sisters
5. Jedward

I really found nothing entertaining in Jedward - I was distracted by bad vocals.

lucian-crusher
12th February 2011, 01:07
1. Nikki
2.-5. Nobody

:lol:

Scooby
12th February 2011, 01:19
I like only "Talking With Jennifer"!

All others are uninteresting to me!

Mickey
12th February 2011, 01:25
I fear Buck's Fizz are too old for this choreography.

Sabrewulf238
12th February 2011, 01:36
This is a nightmare

94ayd
12th February 2011, 01:39
This is :lol:... It was close and as I expected, Nikki won over the juries, while Jedward won over the televoting. The best song won, at least. But HOW hysterical is THAT. :lol: At least it was pretty close. :mrgreen:

Margerita86
12th February 2011, 01:39
Oh well Jedward did better than I thought they would, I still would have prefered to have Nikki won instead.

adnar
12th February 2011, 01:40
OMG...they would finish at the bottom of their semifinal. Nikki so deserved it. If Nikki won my top 4 for now would be 1. Ireland 2. Albania 3. Romania 4. Switzerland. Now it is 1. Albania, 2. Romania, 3. Switzerland, 40. Ireland...

lucian-crusher
12th February 2011, 01:40
I don't like it! xpuke

Sabrewulf238
12th February 2011, 01:42
I'm now thoroughly convinced that the irish people are the thickest people on this planet.

I'm denouncing my irishness too, I think I'll become a swede....I'm not sure yet.

94ayd
12th February 2011, 01:44
However, I do find the reprise a much better performance. ;)

Bojan
12th February 2011, 01:46
oh I feel kinda bad about actually liking this :oops: lol
guilty pleasure indeed :p
good luck Jedward and good luck ::ie !!!
p.s the backing vocalists (the females) are saving them tho :p one of them is from the last X Factor right?

MyHeartIsYours
12th February 2011, 01:47
Yaay, great entry Ireland!! One of my fave ever Irish entries probably!! Good luck!! xcheer xcheer

94ayd
12th February 2011, 01:48
As I'm voting for the song, it's gonna be a 10. :D

aletem
12th February 2011, 01:49
Is it me or the quality of songs this year has gone down tremendously? The twins have no vocal abilities and destroyed this cliche song. Well these hairdo weirdos are headed straight for a bottom two in the Semi#2. I guess now we have something worse than the Albanian entry.

goktengri
12th February 2011, 01:49
not great, but nice, 5 points

Jedward is so sweet :p

It will be liked, I think

MyHeartIsYours
12th February 2011, 01:50
Is it me or the quality of songs this year has gone down tremendously? The twins have no vocal abilities and destroyed this cliche song. Well these hairdo weirdos are headed straight for a bottom two in the Semi#2. I guess now we have something worse than the Albanian entry.

If it goes to the bottom 2 it will be a disgrace.

Bojan
12th February 2011, 01:52
lol I can see them in the final already :p not sure how'll they do there but they'll qualify me thinks :)

Scooby
In singing they are totally illiterate, they are irritating, but they are original!
This song will either be among the top three in the finals, or the last three in the semi!

And I will change my mind!
I like it!!!!!!!!

Good luck Ireland! This is very good choice!

Sabrewulf238
I don't really hate Lipstick....

More than anything I'm much more disgusted over Falling failing than Lipstick winning.

I'm now Swedish anyway, until I find my favourite entry of this year.

Mickey
Yeah, definitely a guilty-pleasure song. I can't help but smile when watching the young lads jumping around. They seem to enjoy themselves. With a big stage and video walls, that performance will look really good. I think they have a fighting chance of qualifying for the final.

Sabrewulf238
12th February 2011, 01:53
Yeah I suppose the song will be better on a big stage, I did think it felt very restrained tonight....and it did damage the fun factor quite a bit for me.

Canuck
12th February 2011, 01:55
lol @ sabre changing to swedish xD

aletem
If it goes to the bottom 2 it will be a disgrace.
Nope, it won't be. And I am confident enough to say that they will flop badly. People have ears, I hope.

Scooby
However they have a good chance to make a great result for Ireland after many years

AlekS
12th February 2011, 01:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggP9n2DPRhI

MyHeartIsYours
12th February 2011, 02:02
Nope, it won't be. And I am confident enough to say that they will flop badly. People have ears, I hope.

Lol, after the crap that has managed to get into the top 10 in the last 10 years!

It's something modern and original and Im sure that many of the people in Europe will love it!

Sabrewulf238
12th February 2011, 02:05
I'm uncertain about Jedwards chances....it's not as much of a joke as Dustin was....and actually makes an attempt at being a proper song.

So Ireland might qualify, beyond that though is anybody's guess.

MrJadeEwen
12th February 2011, 02:11
lol that was cringe from start to finish. I cannot believe Falling failed and lost to these two idiots. Utter disgrace, with their singing ability i don't think they'll be challenging a spot for the final

Bojan
12th February 2011, 02:13

lol come on it's ESC :p they'll do pretty well I am almost sure about it!
and dare I say this is the best song so far chosen :o it's catchy at least and they have a lot of energy on stage. the singing though is another thing. but let's remember that it's NOT a singing competition after all :) it's a song contest and this one is catchy as hell! trashy maybe, but catchy :p

Sabrewulf238
12th February 2011, 02:16
lol come on it's ESC :p

If you had said that about five years ago I would have completely agreed with you, but since the juries have been introduced the contest has changed.

teroh
12th February 2011, 02:18
Worst Irish entry ever !! I hope this is supposed to be a joke.

Bottom in the semifinal for Ireland this year. 0 / 10, next!

Bojan
12th February 2011, 02:19
If you had said that about five years ago I would have completely agreed with you, but since the juries have been introduced the contest has changed.

some juries are fun and have young people in it :p I mean look at the irish juries tonight :p
most people thought Lena would fail last year cuz of the juries but she won with a landslide anyway.

Sabrewulf238
12th February 2011, 02:21
some juries are fun and have young people in it :p I mean look at the irish juries tonight :p

They're crazy people though, it doesn't matter that you're young if you're also crazy.

I can't vote on this poll in good mind until I let the song simmer for a couple of days.

Bojan
12th February 2011, 02:24
I can't vote on this poll in good mind until I let the song simmer for a couple of days.
I have the song on repeat :o :( the studio version though :p lol

Scooby
12th February 2011, 02:26
Verka was runner up for the biggest crap ever!!!!!
Hellloooooooo

aletem
12th February 2011, 02:29
lol come on it's ESC :p they'll do pretty well I am almost sure about it!
and dare I say this is the best song so far chosen :o it's catchy at least and they have a lot of energy on stage. the singing though is another thing. but let's remember that it's NOT a singing competition after all :) it's a song contest and this one is catchy as hell! trashy maybe, but catchy :p
Trashy yes and it's blaah too. I don't see how this is modern and they destroy the song. Luckily we have juries, but even televoters won't appreciate them much. Bear in mind that UK is not voting in our semi, Malta is in semi#1, Iceland usually likes these kind of stuff and they are in semi#1 too. :p I honestly don't see the point of the song and anything about it. Just shouting. :confused:
True that it is not a singing competition. Dustin was at least funny and the song was interesting, but failed. I don't see this going anywhere higher than that.

Bojan
Hellloooooooo

xyeah

Sabrewulf238
I can't help but feel like the lyrics "am I headed for a car crash" are some kind of bad omen.

MyHeartIsYours
I have the song on repeat :o :( the studio version though :p lol

Same!! :lol:

A-lister
12th February 2011, 02:30
Hellloooooooo

Verka was NOT crap though.

I genuinely think he got one of the best entries in 2007, and almost everyone (casual viewers - not Eurovision fans) loved it. Verka's entry was witty and tongue in cheek.

I think there's a fine line between joke act and "fun" act, I don't see Verka's entry as a "joke".

MyHeartIsYours
12th February 2011, 02:30

Definitely!! ;)
This is actually a song, with a great sound!

Sabrewulf238
12th February 2011, 02:35
I really liked Verka, it was weird but he sold it really well. It was good weird.

Scooby
12th February 2011, 02:37
Old man man with a shiny star on his head, runs around the stage and scream Ziben ziben alu lu!!!! Thats masterpiece of music art!
Come on guys!
Be positive!

If Serbia can pass to final last year with the largest possible piece of ******************** ( Ljubica breasts like howitzer eeeehehehehe) why Ireland could not do that with a very entertaining and interesting song!

Bojan
12th February 2011, 02:37
I really liked Verka, it was weird but he sold it really well. It was good weird.

I have the same feeling about Jedward's song :)

94ayd
12th February 2011, 02:41
Old man man with a shiny star on his head, runs around the stage and scream Ziben ziben alu lu!!!! Thats masterpiece of music art!
Come on guys!
Be positive!

If Serbia can pass to final last year with the largest possible piece of ******************** ( Ljubica breasts like howitzer eeeehehehehe) why Ireland could not do that with a very entertaining and interesting song!

Maybe it helped that people couldn't understand the lyrics... :lol: They do have things in common like weird hair styles, though... :lol: Milan can actually sing, though. xrofl3

A-lister
12th February 2011, 02:42
@ Scooby

No one said that Verka's entry was a masterpiece, but it was witty fun.

People do not like JOKE entries that are just put there to make fun of Eurovision though (Dustin the turkey, Leto Svet, Silvia Night) .. but now and then people tend to like entries that are witty, but still not made out of hate for Eurovision.

AlekS
12th February 2011, 02:42
I have the same feeling about Jedward's song :)
But you hate 1 and like another one.
Hmmm.

Bojan
12th February 2011, 02:44
But you hate 1 and like another one.
Hmmm.

I hate what 1? :?

MyHeartIsYours
12th February 2011, 02:44
I dont know about Bojan, but I for one can think that a song is crap but still love it!! :D

Scooby
12th February 2011, 02:47
That twins are so relaxed, honest - they really enjoy in life.
And their song show that!
Because I like it!

AlekS
12th February 2011, 02:48
I hate what 1? :?
You hate Verka and you like Jedward :?

Bojan
12th February 2011, 02:50
You hate Verka and you like Jedward :?

I never said I hate Verka! :? I thought the song was crap but the performance was rather fun. and I didn't mind that it came 2nd.

AlekS
12th February 2011, 02:53
I never said I hate Verka! :?
You posted "yeah that" smiley to "Verka was a runner-up for the biggst crap" (notice: not the song but performer OR performance) and then you quoted A-lister. I think it was a lil' bit contraddictive, that's why I asked :?

Bojan
12th February 2011, 02:59
You posted "yeah that" smiley to "Verka was a runner-up for the biggst crap" (notice: not the song but performer OR performance) and then you quoted A-lister. I think it was a lil' bit contraddictive, that's why I asked :?

as I said, I agree that the song was crap. but the performance made up for it. and I never quoted A-lister here.

but anyway, decided to take ESC light headed this year, as it became a bit borring and way to predictable lately for me, so I might like this type of songs more now :lol:
don't care much who'll win our nf neither :p lol

AlekS
12th February 2011, 02:59
As for me.
I didn't like Verka at first but 1 day before the semi I let in that entry. I think it was funny and new, it was ironic but in the same time it was groovy and positive.

Jedward. They are more into teenage audience. I'm not a teenager. I can re-vote (don't worry, I didn't give it 0pts) later but so far this is not really my entry.
Maybe I'll change my mind. As I've said I didn't like Verka too at first.

Norrbotten
12th February 2011, 03:01
Oh dear... how should I say what I think of this song? Oh I know:

Ireland, nul points! :? :shock:

I think Falling would have done much better in Eurovision.

MrJadeEwen
12th February 2011, 03:02
LOL all the Verka comments coming out. Verka could actually sing... these two are awful live singers, the backing vocals probably worked harder than Jedward

AlekS
12th February 2011, 03:07
and I never quoted A-lister here.

Crap, I meant Sabrewulf :? (lol @ a change to the Swedish flag :lol: ).

but anyway, decided to take ESC light headed this year, as it became a bit borring and way to predictable lately for me, so I might like this type of songs more now :lol:

Uhm, I see. Totally not getting how it feels. I'm such a banal and old serious biyatch, omg :lol:

Bojan
12th February 2011, 03:09
seriously, I couldn't stand Jedward on X Factor 2 years a go, and now I like a song of them :| :oops: :lol:

AlekS
12th February 2011, 03:10
and I can't imagine myself jumping like them ... I would be so embarrased :lol: :oops:

Bojan
12th February 2011, 03:13
and I can't imagine myself jumping like them ... I would be embarrased now :lol: :oops:

with a bit of alcohol u might do it :p I know I can :lol:

AlekS
12th February 2011, 03:15
Not even on alcohol (I don't drink).
Jump for what? 26yo man acting like a kid? wtf :lol:
I'm not in the mood for acting silly... btw, I have to get up in 3 hours. Now I actually hate them :lol:

Matt
12th February 2011, 03:23
I'm very conservative with my 0 pointers but now I wish we'd have negative points to give out. Seriously, Ireland? I love all of my irish friends but please don't blame your disastrous result in May on diaspora or political voting. It's your fault for sending two clowns who cannot sing with a 'out of a can' cheap pop that a 3 year old could have written.
Dustin the turkey is a masterpiece to this (and I hated that song). Dated, predictable.....ok i'm done....

ithanspain
12th February 2011, 03:47
Good choise Ireland. I really love it, so comercial and actual, 12 points ;)

aletem
12th February 2011, 04:41
seriously, I couldn't stand Jedward on X Factor 2 years a go, and now I like a song of them :| :oops: :lol:
Ohhh Bojan. :( :|

Uhm, I see. Totally not getting how it feels. I'm such a banal and old serious biyatch, omg :lol:
It must be the name. I kinda feel the same, except I am still young and not bitching (occasionally trash-talking though, if that counts :mrgreen:). :lol:

evilperson
12th February 2011, 05:53
2 points from me because the song is catchy. The performance however is dreadful and they will crash and burn in the second semi.

ParadiseES
12th February 2011, 07:15
hmmmm what can I say.... this is the worst thing i've heard in months.
I've just come from the disco and I find this... this is not fair...no more comments...