Sim
2nd May 2010, 06:01
or Anouk or Twarres :D :D :D

Anjeza
2nd May 2010, 10:45
or Esmee Denters :D :D :D

Matt
3rd June 2010, 14:54
Rumor has it that Thomas Berge is a possible candidate for next year...no confirmation yet

Sean
3rd June 2010, 18:19
Tisto, Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Fedde le Grand :mrgreen:

Schlagerman1
8th June 2010, 11:09
Netherlands...look at your neighbours Germany and Belgium...do what they did and you will be back in the final!

Though I hardly believe it will happen..I have a feeling it will be an another Nationaal "Smoke"festivaal again for the dutch and they will pick wrong again. :(

MrJadeEwen
8th June 2010, 21:36
or Esmee Denters :D :D :D

she'd so win :mrgreen:

Milos-BC
10th June 2010, 13:50
Anouk all the way :D

Misterb
11th June 2010, 23:01
Well as long as it stays to the TROS, we wont have any big names people. Thomas Berge is likely to get a ticket! Though i would like to see Nick&Simon. They are really popular and they have some beautiful songs! Please TROS! :D

El Hermano
11th June 2010, 23:12
I'm just looking forward to the day the TROS gives back the ESC rights to another tv station which actually has taste. As long as the TROS is in charge we are not going to make it for atleast another 5 years.

Matt
13th July 2010, 13:57
Broadcaster TROS will reveal the Dutch plans regarding the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 this Thursday during the radio programme Trous Gouden Uren. The programme, which is hosted by Danil Dekker, will be aired between 10:00 and 12:00 CET.

Sim
14th July 2010, 13:08
The Netherlands will MAYBE! represent by the 3J's.
Jan Dulles, Jaap Kwakman and Jaap de Witte

Here is one their songs:

w3kjy8vtg-0

I must say: it's an unofficial report! The official report is tomorrow like Matt told

AlekS
14th July 2010, 13:37
^ not bad, but not impressive, imo.
Better than Sieneke, anyway =)))

Milos-BC
14th July 2010, 17:42
Yeah, I agree. It is much better than Sieneke, but nothing special. I think they would flop the same way Sieneke did actually.

Stella
14th July 2010, 22:28
I would like too see Anouk,she awesome :)

Milos-BC
15th July 2010, 09:28
The Dutch male trio 3JS will represent the Netherlands next year at the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. While broadcaster TROS will officially confirm the news later today, we were reliably informed that the Dutch band will indeed defend the Dutch flag next year in Germany.

Yesterday morning, popular radio DJ Giel Beelen spread the rumor that 3JS will represent the Netherlands next year at the Eurovision Song Contest, but the broadcaster didn't want to confirm anything - neither did one of the bandmembers. Nevertheless, an internal source within the broadcaster confirmed to us that the rumor turned out to be true.

3JS is a Dutch band from Volendam, which consists of Jan Dulles, Jaap Kwakman and Jaap de Witte. The band was founded in 2002 and its name is based on the first letter of the bandmembers' names. Their debut album in 2007 Watermensen was a great succes and brought them national recognition. In that same year they received a 'Zilveren Harp' - a Dutch music prize that is awarded to emerging talent. Another 2 albums followed: Kamers van m'n hart (2008) and Dromers en dwazen (2010).

Today, Radio DJ Daniel Dekker will officially confirm 3JS' participation in his radio show 'Gouden Uren'. The confirmation is expected to be on around 11.00 am and all further plans for both the 'Nationaal Songfestival' and the Eurovision Song Contest will be revealed as well.

Stella
15th July 2010, 10:15
you are faster than me :lol:
I wanted to post the link from esctoday.com :lol:
http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/16005

AlekS
15th July 2010, 10:31
sweet, something tells me that TROS was inspired by Belgian success :) We'll see if they have a good song.
I like them, and I don't remember when was the last time when I liked Dutch performers @ ESC :lol: :oops:

94ayd
15th July 2010, 10:33
Is it true? Is it over? :lol: I hope not and it'll be if it is. This is BOREDOOOOM! SIENEKE's light years better. They might do well if people find an appeal similar to Tom Dice (unappealing to me at all) or something. We never know until we see the actual song, though.

NinjaLove
15th July 2010, 11:12
I just heard it at Radio2, it's official by now: the 3JS will represent the Netherlands in Germany next year.
I'll try to wait till the song is known to say anything about it, because "good singers" or something similar does not say anything about the chances at the Eurovision. It's all about the song, and the Netherlands are not known for their wonderful songs. :(

Milos-BC
15th July 2010, 13:00
Yeah, the only way we will find out is to wait for the song to come out. I am not too impressed, and I think they will hardly appeal to the juries as well (but again, depends on the song), although it is an improvement comparing to last year. I dunno, I have the feeling that the song will be some dated cheesy rubbish like the one De Toppers had :|

So, till I hear the song, I am neutral.

Matt
15th July 2010, 14:04
Yep, it's official. I have to do some research on their music. I would assume it's pop???

Matt
15th July 2010, 14:12
And the eurovision.tv article

The 3Js will represent the Netherlands in Germany, next year. The Netherlands is the second nation to reveal their 2011 Eurovision Song Contest participant. After Sieneke's defeat in the second Semi-Final in Oslo, just weeks ago, broadcaster TROS worked hard to quickly get their act together for next year.

The 3Js will produce five songs before the end of the year. A Nationaal Songfestival will take place in early 2011, during which the public (50%) and a professional jury (50%) will get to choose the song that they will take to Germany. The group is "eager to work with several producers" to give their potential entries a finishing touch.

During a radio show, the three group members Jan Dulles, Jaap Kwakman and Jaap de Witte announced their candidacy, and explained in few words why they decided to accept the offer to represent their country at the Eurovision Song Contest: "It's about the song again."

The 3Js, who started their band in 2002, got to the national stage in 2007, when their album Watermensen was successfully launched. Three of their albums made it to the top-10 of the Dutch charts, several singles did as well.

Misterb
15th July 2010, 15:40
Im not happy but its not bad! Finally something decent, its folkpop/poprock imo lol :lol: and again something in our own language, yaay! They have a lot of boring songs though, BUT also a few good ones imo! I have hope and with a good song (lets wait for the songs please ;) ) we will reach the final 8-)

NinjaLove
19th July 2010, 23:13
Yeah, the only way we will find out is to wait for the song to come out. I am not too impressed, and I think they will hardly appeal to the juries as well (but again, depends on the song), although it is an improvement comparing to last year. I dunno, I have the feeling that the song will be some dated cheesy rubbish like the one De Toppers had :|

So, till I hear the song, I am neutral.
Cheesy songs like the Toppers? That's not how I 'know' the 3JS so I don't expect that to happen.
And if you're right after all, it's seriously time to change my citizenship. ;)

Milos-BC
20th July 2010, 13:09
^^ lol, no need for that :lol:

I don't know their music apart from 1 or 2 songs that I've heard now, none of those were cheesy, but just like I said, I hope that the ESC one won't be cheesy either.

Jukica
20th July 2010, 19:16
I don't think it's a good choice :| but I'll wait for the songs
(but I hope we won't see another De Toppers and Shalalie Shalala in the future on ESC :lol: )

ParadiseES
25th July 2010, 14:41
We have to wait for the songs but I don't like them very much. I do find them cheesy and also old-fashioned :|

AlekS
25th July 2010, 14:45
^ I was saying the same about Tom in the beginning and then I changed my mind after ESC :)
we'll see.

Jukica
25th July 2010, 15:07
Who knows, maybe the song will be good as "Me And My Guitar" :D hopefully it'll be worth waiting

ParadiseES
25th July 2010, 15:42
^ I was saying the same about Tom in the beginning and then I changed my mind after ESC :)
we'll see.

You don't dare to compare them to Tom, DO YA???? :evil:

Matt
25th July 2010, 15:45
Some clips of 3JS, what do you think?

LKQZQTJPN_o

HR0_kiJ7xk0

HOTh1X521Q0

Milos-BC
25th July 2010, 17:25
Tbh, I don't expect the song to be nowhere near as good as "Me And My Guitar", but never say never :P

I still have the feeling that we will get some cheap and outdated entry though :oops:

Turkish97
25th July 2010, 18:33
Can do something good.. I'm hope

panakos
27th August 2010, 19:04
I like them, they remind me a little bit of Nick en Simon.

AlekS
22nd October 2010, 11:55
source: http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=20593&_t=Dutch+decide+on+30+January
Dutch decide on 30 January

The band, 3JS, which was chosen to represent the Netherlands some while ago, has announced that they've already finished 4 out of 5 songs for the Dutch national selection.

The songs currently ready, are titled:
- Nooit Alleen (Never Alone)
- Je Verliest En Je Wint (You Lose And You Win)
- Geef Mij Een Naam (Give Me A Name)
- Toen Ik Jou Vergat (When I Forgot About You).

During the national selection, held on the 30th of January, the public (50%) and a professional jury (50%) will get to choose the song that the band will take to Germany

seb89
22nd October 2010, 12:04
I love it!! Maybe it's because they sing in Dutch? If you undertand the lyrics, their songs are very beautiful!

The lyrics are even better than Tom Dice :P, but that is just my opinion :P.

I love this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEX2FRAKIMY

Koen3456
14th November 2010, 21:23
As long as the TROS chooses we will never have a good act.

A-lister
14th November 2010, 21:34
As long as the TROS chooses we will never have a good act.

Well no offense, but it's not like NOS gave you any decent entries in a long time either. As a matter of fact, "Sha la lie" (first TROS entry) happens to be the first Dutch entry in a long time I actually enjoyed.

I'm happy that TROS keeps it "Dutch" actually. Well obviously we all want Anouk to finally accept or some of the famous DJ's with some feat. act, but I think Netherlands would have to score a good position first until any acts like these would consider.

Matt
14th December 2010, 20:57
The Dutch national final to select the Dutch entry for the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest will be held on the 30th of January in Hilversum at the Studio 21. The show will be presented by Yolanthe Sneijder-Cabau and will be aired on NOS 1. The Dutch boy band 3Js who will represent the Netherlands in Dusseldorf ,will be performing the candidate entries at the national final.
Preparations are on the way for the National Song Festival, the Dutch Eurovision 2011 national final where the Dutch public will be able to select the entry that will represent them in Dusseldorf. The Dutch representatives 3JS are currently busy recording the potential candidate entries. Yolanthe Sneijder-Cabau will be hosting the show from Studio 21 in Hilversum

SOURCE (http://esctoday.com/news/read/16343)

Matt
16th December 2010, 18:54
The song titles have been revealed

De stroom (The stream)
Nooit alleen (Never alone)
Toen ik jou vergat (When I forgot you)
Ga dan niet (Don' go then)
Weelderig waardeloos (Luxuriously worthless)

Jakub037
24th January 2011, 23:16
Do we know something more about dutch national final? When are we going to hear the songs for the first time? During the national final or maybe earlier?

Matt
24th January 2011, 23:22
We haven't heard anything so far so I would assume the songs will not be made public prior to the show. If i remember correctly they did the same thing in 2009 and De Toppers

Matt
26th January 2011, 15:11
escdaily.com posted a video where you can listen to snippets of the dutch songs.

Click HERE (http://escdaily.com/articles/8169)

Turkish97
26th January 2011, 15:40
They are really sounds nice.

seb89
26th January 2011, 15:50
Thanks Matt

The first three song are nice :D. The other ones are a bit boring, but still better than Sieneke's song :)

You can watch the national final here (http://www.songfestival.nl/) on sunday.

evilperson
27th January 2011, 07:30
I think the Netherlands will have a good shot this year judging from the clips. The one that sounded the best to me was the first one in that compilation.

Kryptonite
27th January 2011, 17:48
The first three song are nice :D. The other ones are a bit boring, but still better than Sieneke's song :)

I totally agree. But if I have to choose my favourite song I think it's De stroom or the first song. Cant really decide :D I guess I'll have to wait for full songs :P

Matt
27th January 2011, 18:25
De stroom is definitely the best one, at least based on the snippets.

Sim
27th January 2011, 18:34
De stroom is definitely the best one, at least based on the snippets.

totally agree!:)

seb89
27th January 2011, 18:35
As far as I've read the comments on Dutch fansites, 'de stroom' is definitely the favourite one :). 'Je vecht nooit alleen' is also popular.

According to nu.nl: if the 3J's could choose the song themselves, 2 bandmembers (Dulles & Kwakman) would go for 'je vecht nooit alleen', the other one (de Witte) would go for 'Toen Ik Jou Vergat'.

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2431800/3js-hebben-favoriet-songfestivallied.html

94ayd
28th January 2011, 02:09
I like the "De Stroom" best, too. ;) I guess my 2nd fave is "Je vecht nooit alleen", though it's hard to say at this stage.

A-lister
29th January 2011, 13:31
Bad news: According to an interview with 3JS, the winning entry will most probably be translated to English for Eurovision.

I can honestly say that I think the day we won't get any entries in native languages are getting closer and closer, and personally I will stop watch Eurovision then. For me Eurovision was always a celebration of all Europe, and not just the Anglo/American culture.

I blame the juries for this. Looking at their voting history; songs in native languages are really treated worse and suffering in the new system. You can already see countries adjust their selections and voting patterns to fit the will of Eurovision jury groups. If the juries will continue the way started, we'll soon get a Eurovision full of Americanized Disney ballads and generic pop-rock stuff in English, offcourse these are welcomed too, but imagine a Eurovision with only that?

I thought juries were put here to balance biased televotes? Not to turn Eurovision into another American Idol rip-off :cry:

seb89
29th January 2011, 14:05
Oh no, that's really bad new!!! What's the point in singing the songs in Dutch at their NF?

A-lister
29th January 2011, 14:08
Oh no, that's really bad new!!! What's the point in singing the songs in Dutch at their NF?

Exactly, they could have just sung the songs in English already then.

It's obvious that all translations are made for the forces that don't want any native languages in Eurovision, and so far the clearest forces have been the juries! :twisted:

seb89
29th January 2011, 14:10
Some sources say that they will translate it, but it's not 100% sure if they are going to perform it in English :?.

I think the Dutch audience wouldn't be satisfied if they sang in English! (Me neither :p)

GRE
29th January 2011, 16:36
Why is this bad news and it isnt Yohanna?
She said that if she wins,she will also have her song in english.

A-lister
29th January 2011, 16:43
Why is this bad news and it isnt Yohanna?
She said that if she wins,she will also have her song in english.

That's ALSO bad news! For the exact same reasons.

evilperson
29th January 2011, 18:24
It's only bad news if the translation sounds really bad, otherwise I personally don't really mind.

A-lister
29th January 2011, 20:01
It's only bad news if the translation sounds really bad, otherwise I personally don't really mind.

It's bad news because Eurovision should not only be about English imo.

There should be room for ALL of Europe since this is a European contest and not just an Anglo one. It's not a poetry contest, it's a song contest. What's connecting should be the music first and foremost and an opportunity to represent your country through music.

evilperson
29th January 2011, 20:06
They can sing whatever language they want, they are not obligated to sing in Dutch. They are making the choice.

A-lister
29th January 2011, 20:10
They can sing whatever language they want, they are not obligated to sing in Dutch. They are making the choice.

Well I never said they couldn't sing in English, but I would prefer if more acts chose to sing in their native language because that's half of what makes Eurovision what it is imo.

Matt
29th January 2011, 20:11
If countries would all sing in their native language we would return to how the contest was in the 90's where ireland and uk will win all the time due to that big advantage. so i'm all for freedom of language.

A-lister
29th January 2011, 20:17
If countries would all sing in their native language we would return to how the contest was in the 90's where ireland and uk will win all the time due to that big advantage. so i'm all for freedom of language.

You should blame the juries for this, as it was only jury-vote back then. Now the juries are back with full force hating on use of native language again like they did back then.

The juries are obviously more biased and close-minded than the viewers.

Matt
29th January 2011, 20:22
STrongly disagree. The juries back then were totally different than they are today. The standards have changed. Back in the day they were average joes now they are "professionals" so I higly doubt that is going to play a big factor in their decision making. I mean they voted big for france in 2009 and big for israel in 2009 & 2010..

A-lister
29th January 2011, 20:25
STrongly disagree. The juries back then were totally different than they are today. The standards have changed. Back in the day they were average joes now they are "professionals" so I higly doubt that is going to play a big factor in their decision making. I mean they voted big for france in 2009 and big for israel in 2009 & 2010..

10+ years have gone and the juries still prefer ballads and songs in English, so not much have changed really.

The songs you mentioned are ballads and exceptions really from the general pattern. The juries didn't support France in 2010 for instance, BUT the public liked it though.

Matt
29th January 2011, 20:28
we only have had 2 years of juries so unless we have real data to back up those claims we don't really know who is right and who is wrong.

But nevertheless, I wanna hear the songs first before I comment on what would suit the song better

A-lister
29th January 2011, 20:33
we only have had 2 years of juries so unless we have real data to back up those claims we don't really know who is right and who is wrong.

But nevertheless, I wanna hear the songs first before I comment on what would suit the song better

Well this is true, but we have jury voting patterns pre-televoting and we have two years now aswell, but yeah it might be a little too early to analyze. Let's wait and see what will happen this year, but I don't have a good feeling about this at all looking at the past two ones though.

I will support use of native language in this case though. I also believe that voters should get what they voted for, so if national voters vote for a particular song in a particular language, that is what they want representing them and not something else, and I think this should be respected. Atleast they should ask the public then if they want it to be translated or not, afterall they are partly representing the people and not just themselves.

seb89
29th January 2011, 23:11
I will support use of native language in this case though. I also believe that voters should get what they voted for, so if national voters vote for a particular song in a particular language, that is what they want representing them and not something else, and I think this should be respected. Atleast they should ask the public then if they want it to be translated or not, afterall they are partly representing the people and not just themselves.

Me too! I'm not against sending songs in English. But they have been chosen because they sing popular Dutch songs. They have never recorded an English song and now they are going to sing in English to get more votes? Their own explanation was that they really love Dutch songs, but they are going to sing in English to get more votes. I find it wrong, especially when you have to choose a Dutch song in the NF. If they really want an English song, they should perform it in English tomorrow and not in Dutch. Translations are always worse than the original. I'm speaking against my own profession, but you can never transfer special language features into an other language. So it's quite possible, that the Dutch song is really good and the English one doesn't sound at all.

94ayd
30th January 2011, 00:24
EEEEEEEEEEW! I agree, there's no worse news than that. I'm sure the language rule will be back in the future if such things tend to happen more and more often...

Matt
30th January 2011, 00:32
EEEEEEEEEEW! I agree, there's no worse news than that. I'm sure the language rule will be back in the future if such things tend to happen more and more often...

That is never going to happen. What's the reasoning behind it? Forcing people to sing in their native language will give UK, Ireland and Malta a big advantage and would take us back to the terrible 90's were the contes was considered old fashioned and out of touch with the actual music industry. We don't want that to happen.

A-lister
30th January 2011, 00:44
That is never going to happen. What's the reasoning behind it? Forcing people to sing in their native language will give UK, Ireland and Malta a big advantage and would take us back to the terrible 90's were the contes was considered old fashioned and out of touch with the actual music industry. We don't want that to happen.

1) Who controlled the contest back then? JURIES, not televoters. So blame the juries for Eurovision being oldfashion back then and blame the juries for the English biasism. As mentioned above, we can see the same voting patterns with the new juries aswell as back then.

2) I think that when you enter a song in national selection atleast be honest about it. If you want an English song, then enter an English song. I think the national viewers should have a say if a song is to be translated, because the song will represent them, and it was they who voted for it in the first place, which means they voted for it in whatever language it was presented.

3) English is universal, but Eurovision is also a celebration of all Europe. Now I agree with you that a country should not be forced to send entries in native language, but I think the juries should instead of being biased actually act professional and encourage use of native language, that way we could save some of the dynamics of what makes Eurovision.

Eurovision is unique and has a history, I don't want it to become "just another" talent show and rip-off of American Idol or similar. I think we must find a way to balance the European/cultural aspect with the general English/American domination in music. I think music is special in the way that it speaks for itself and people can appreciate songs in languages they don't understand.

Matt
30th January 2011, 00:48
I strongly disagree with you on the jury accusations thrown at the juries. From 2000 - 2008 we only had one winner that wasn't in english and who voted for them? The televoters. So it's not a bias jury thing as you claim. And again, the juries are not the same as they were back then. We need to remember that.

But to get back to the topic. I agree with 3JS is a dutch band, never recorded a song in english and were picked for that reason i would assume. So switching to english seems ingenuine to me

A-lister
30th January 2011, 00:50
I strongly disagree with you on the jury accusations thrown at the juries. From 2000 - 2008 we only had one winner that wasn't in english and who voted for them? The televoters. So it's not a bias jury thing as you claim. And again, the juries are not the same as they were back then. We need to remember that.

But to get back to the topic. I agree with 3JS is a dutch band, never recorded a song in english and were picked for that reason i would assume. So switching to english seems ingenuine to me

I'm not looking only at the winners though, and I did throw in some cultural aspect aswell. Yes, most winners were in English maybe, but atleast half of them were representing in other ways with ethnic motives etc.

But agree, back on actual topic :)

The last sentence is very logical to me, and I fully agree on that :) They were chosen for what they were known for (as mentioned previously aswell).

94ayd
30th January 2011, 01:10
I don't see how it could be an advantage if you take the 3 countries' entries from last year... :lol: I doubt they would've finished top 3 only because of the language. ;)

Milos-BC
30th January 2011, 14:22
Hmmm, I don't see any of the songs from the snippets making the cut (at least based on what I heard there), but I also like "De Stroom" the best. If they translate the winning entry to English, that would be a huge disgrace.

Matt
30th January 2011, 17:51
Remember, the show can be watched on eurovision.tv

Muireanne
30th January 2011, 18:39
Looking foreward to see the show tonight on NED1 (hh ... advantage of living in Flanders... you get the Dutch public channels as well...) From the shorts I got to hear, my favo would be song n5 "Weelderig waardeloos". Only have to hear and see this is actually the best performance as well. 3J's is a good choice... good luck Netherlands!

Quent91
30th January 2011, 19:46
I'm sorry, but I don't think they will pass the semi-final with a song sung in Dutch...

Sim
30th January 2011, 19:47
When does the show start?:$

Matt
30th January 2011, 19:48
21:20 CET

seb89
30th January 2011, 20:12
I'm sorry, but I don't think they will pass the semi-final with a song sung in Dutch...

Why not? If the performance is good and they sing well (as always), it doesn't matter in wich language they are going to sing.

And Belgium is in the same semi as the Netherlands and the 3J's are already a bit famous in Flanders, so they are going to get votes from us :). That's not going to be enough, but it's a start :)

Quent91
30th January 2011, 20:36
If they get votes only from us... :lol:

OK, maybe if the song is nice, it's possible, but I'm quite skeptical... :?

Muireanne
30th January 2011, 21:01

Some would call this RACISM you know! As if Dutch is a minor language to - let's say - Serbian, which reaches the finals as well while half the EBU doesn't understand a word of it. They do... so why wouldn't the Dutch language??????????????????????????????????????? (oh yeah... new voting rules since 1999... right :?)

Matt
30th January 2011, 21:13
Final reminder to watch the highly anticipated dutch final...go to

http://www.eurovision.tv/esctv

seb89
30th January 2011, 21:17
The Netherlands have won Eurovision 4 times, while France has won 5 times. This means singing in Dutch isn't bad at all, especially if you compare it to a language that almost everybody can understand.

Now I'm going to watch, because I wanna vote :D

Matt
30th January 2011, 21:33
1st song - Ga Dan Niet (Then Don't Go)

Sleeping pill, obviously not the winner.....

r3gg13
30th January 2011, 21:36
^The song is too cold. Not my fave, though not bad at all

I'm liking De Stroom right now, more up beat than the first one

Matt
30th January 2011, 21:39
2nd song...De Stroom (The Stream)

That's much much better. I like it. So this is the one to beat.

Raul_Spain
30th January 2011, 21:53
The songs have been good/very good so far but I can't stand the jurors, they keep sayin' stupid things. Are they going to vote?

Last song is awful. "Weelderig Waardeloos" is my favourite.

Muireanne
30th January 2011, 21:56
OK, song N5 became N4... but still "Weelderig Waardeloos" is my favo! It's about the only song that keeps that typical Dutch tune... love it!

"De stroom" would be my 2nd best.

Matt
De stroom or Je Vecht Nooit Alleen, it's gotta be one of these two songs.....

alca
You speak dutch Raul? :) The songs are ok for me. I don't see a winner in any of them...

Charly
30th January 2011, 21:58
They must must must send Je Vecht Nooit Alleen :D

It is clearly the best song of Nationaal Songfestival 2011 :D

Raul_Spain
30th January 2011, 21:58
German, but it's quite similar :)

Matt
30th January 2011, 22:01
I speak german and can't understand a word they're saying lol

Raul_Spain
30th January 2011, 22:02
One of the guys is too old, they should replace him before May haha

alca
30th January 2011, 22:04
Sometimes I get the feeling they speak bad english! :lol: I used to speak some german but now everytime I try to speak german I speak swedish :p But anyway. I get a few words of what they say.

r3gg13
30th January 2011, 22:06
Je Vecht Nooit Alleen and De Stroom are my favorites. They sound great live, imo

Raul_Spain
30th January 2011, 22:09
Msg in wrong place, sorry.

Raul_Spain
30th January 2011, 22:10
Sha la lie sha la la...

94ayd
30th January 2011, 22:10
Je Vecht Nooit Alleen and De Stroom are my favorites. They sound great live, imo

Same. ;)

Charly
30th January 2011, 22:17
The Dutch Jury/Puvlic has chosen Je Vecht Nooit Alleen to be sanged by 3JS in Dusseldorf.

r3gg13
30th January 2011, 22:18
Je Vecht Nooit Alleen. They picked well :D

Matt
30th January 2011, 22:18
Je Vecht Nooit Alleen is the winner....good luck to the Netherlands.

alca
30th January 2011, 22:19
Nice!! :)

Raul_Spain
30th January 2011, 22:19
Generic and boring, 3 points

94ayd
30th January 2011, 22:20
OMG, the jury and televoters agreed almost a 100% (switched 3rd and 5th) and also agreed with me it seems, at least on the top 2. :D Great job on picking the best song. I hope it's good enough to go to the final and don't you dare touch the langauge... :lol:

Muireanne
30th January 2011, 22:24
hh... must have had a premonition on song5... though I don't realy like the song. That is to say... it would have been my 3th choice.
With this result I doubt the Netherlands will survive the semis, but nevertheless... GOOD LUCK NETHERLANDS!

r3gg13
30th January 2011, 22:25
OMG, the jury and televoters agreed almost a 100% (switched 3rd and 5th) and also agreed with me it seems, at least on the top 2. :D Great job on picking the best song. I hope it's good enough to go to the final and don't you dare touch the langauge... :lol:

I agree, keep it in Dutch, it's a beautiful sounding song :)

Lenalite
30th January 2011, 22:26
I think Song 5 was the best one. Good luck The Netherlands.

seb89
30th January 2011, 22:26
I've voted for 'Je vecht nooit alleen' :). I love it :D. I'm happy!!

AlekS
30th January 2011, 22:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE9cFHcKaVg

94ayd
30th January 2011, 22:27
Giving it 7 for now and I hope it gets improved, so it becomes even more exciting. :D I've found out I actually agreed a 100% with the jury... :lol:

AlekS
30th January 2011, 22:32
8 pts :)

Matt
30th January 2011, 22:32
The sound was pretty bad during the show so I need to listen to the studio version but overall it was the best song, nevertheless i just don't think it's going to be enough. But who knows.....

ParadiseES
30th January 2011, 22:33
And here goes my fourth zero of this esc season. Good luck for 2012....

Scooby
30th January 2011, 22:36
This is very good song and I like it!
I give 8 points for now!

Matt
30th January 2011, 22:38
Actually it sounds much better on youtube. The sound for some reason was annoying on the livestream. Not that bad afterall.

GRE
30th January 2011, 22:47
Not impressed,but not bad.
For sure better than last year
and better (in my list) from the craps of Albania & Romania.

nikolay_BG
30th January 2011, 22:57
Congratulations, Netherlands! You have a very nice song for this year`s ESC :)
I like that it`s in dutch and they don`t pretend to be english :)

Simon87
30th January 2011, 23:05
dont like it much 4pts

Milos-BC
30th January 2011, 23:23
"De Stroom" was better, but this is a good choice. Actually, it's one of the best songs that could've been selected, and it sounds really nice, but I don't think it will pass to the final.

seb89
30th January 2011, 23:30
Here are the lyrics, I'm not sure if it's 100% correct, but it gives an idea :D

Weet je schat
We zien het soms een beetje zwart
Soms lijkt de wereld om je heen koud en gemeen
En je strijdt, omdat de aarde lijdt,
maar zelfs als de zon voorgoed verdween,
je vecht nooit alleen

want je hebt de tijd, de eeuwigheid,
de verbeelding aan je zij
en je weet daar zal ik altijd zijn.
Als je mij belooft
dat je blijft geloven
dat een mens krijgt wat hij geeft
in je grootste zorg zit een hoop verborgen
en wie lief heeft overleefd.

Stil, maar lief
je piekert want het wil maar niet
Ga waar de wind, je vleugels vindt
ontstijg je verdriet en je vraagt,
dan de aarde draagt
Kijk naar de zon, de bronzen scheen
je was nooit alleen

want je hebt de tijd, de eeuwigheid,
en je weet daar zal ik altijd zijn.
Als je mij belooft
dat je blijft geloven
dat een mens krijgt wat hij geeft
in je grootste zorg zit een hoop verborgen
en wie lief heeft overleefd.

In je grootste zorg zit een hoop verborgen
En wie lief heeft overleefd

Dat wie lief heeft overleefd

CiprianZisu
31st January 2011, 00:15
a nice chilled out song
2 pts

Quent91
31st January 2011, 00:16
Some would call this RACISM you know! As if Dutch is a minor language to - let's say - Serbian, which reaches the finals as well while half the EBU doesn't understand a word of it. They do... so why wouldn't the Dutch language??????????????????????????????????????? (oh yeah... new voting rules since 1999... right :?)

I'm sorry but I'm not racist. I also speak Dutch. I just see that last year they didn't do it well, and that almost all the winning songs are in english. I did never think that Serbia woule have done it in 2007, as well...

Simon87
31st January 2011, 00:34
Maybe because Moltiva had a version in other languages ;)
Marija got 12pts from Finland because of finnish version

MyHeartIsYours
31st January 2011, 01:00
Oh God I love it!! Surely a contender to win imo!! :D

Isabella
31st January 2011, 01:11
Nice song Netherlands :D And I also like it's in Dutch.
For now 6 points.

goktengri
31st January 2011, 03:06
great I like it, 8 points :)

Sim
31st January 2011, 07:05
I think this was the best song together with "de stroom"

good choice netherlands! Hope you'll pass the semi

Narmina
31st January 2011, 08:37
I like the song. Maybe it's not perfect, but in common the good one. My congratulations Netherlands!!!

Margerita86
31st January 2011, 08:47
Ok, better than last year, but still not great either.
I give it 5 points and a prayer that the song will stay in dutch, hearing it in english will probably make the song seem worse than it is.

Turkish97
31st January 2011, 10:08
Here is studio version !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FFsrJqOoDw

Definitely better than last year,good choice :) i liked that,6 points :D

KilledByShoes
31st January 2011, 12:13
I like it! It's not breathteaking but it's still lovely ... and it's Dutch, yay! They better not change the language.

Interrail
31st January 2011, 12:37
I think it's OK and decent song, not a masterpiece, but in comparison with other songs that r chosen so far, Dutch song is the best!

nikolay_BG
31st January 2011, 13:10
I think it's OK and decent song, not a masterpiece, but in comparison with other songs that r chosen so far, Dutch song is the best!

Totally agree. The best song so far.

seb89
31st January 2011, 15:29
I just wanna say that the lyrics on the frontpage aren't correct. Some phrases doesn't make sense, here's a correction.

Weet je schat we zien het soms een beetje zwart
En je strijdt omdat de wereld lijdt
Maar zelfs als de zon voorgoed verdwijnt
Je vecht nooit alleen

Want je hebt de tijd de eeuwigheid
De verbeelding aan je zij
En je weet daar zal ik altijd zijn

Als je mij belooft dat je blijft geloven
Dat een mens krijgt wat hij geeft
In je grootste zorg zit de hoop verborgen
En wie lief heeft overleeft

Stil maar liefje piekert
Want je wilt maar niet
Ga waar de wind je vleugels vindt, ontstijg je verdriet
En je vraagt wie dan de aarde draagt
Kijk naar de zon, de Bronzen scheen
Je was nooit alleen

Want je hebt de tijd de eeuwigheid
De verbeelding aan je zij
En je weet daar zal ik altijd zijn

Als je mij belooft dat je blijft geloven
In je grootste zorg zit de hoop verborgen
Dat wie lief heeft overleeft

In je grootste zorg zit dehoop verborgen

katapult
31st January 2011, 15:33
Good choice! :)
"Je Vecht Nooit Alleen" and "De Stroom" were the songs I liked the most in the dutch final.
It's a pleasant entry and I hope, it will pass the semifinal.

(The Netherlands compete in the 2nd semi, right? So...with a little help from their friends - f.i. votes from Belgium and Germany - I think they have good chances ;))

seb89
31st January 2011, 15:35
(The Netherlands compete in the 2nd semi, right? So...with a little help from their friends - f.i. votes from Belgium and Germany - I think they have good chances ;))

Yes, they compete in the second semi! I'm sure, we are going to help them :D!

PeterLPZ
31st January 2011, 22:43
Its a nice song - much better like the songs before. So this time they have a good chance to reach the final.

Sean
1st February 2011, 19:12
Yesterday I found this nice but forgettable so it slotted in as my number 2 so far, but now that I listened to it again it's become my favourite :mrgreen: Hope that they'll get a spot in the final as they would deserve it after so long :p

MrJadeEwen
1st February 2011, 19:43
Think you've described it perfectly =]

Narmina
1st February 2011, 21:43
Its a nice song - much better like the songs before. So this time they have a good chance to reach the final.

yeeees! agree! Netherland must be in the final this time!!!

Mark-ESC14
3rd February 2011, 17:10
Finally, we don't have to be ashamed of our entry! It's a fantastic song, I have good hopes that we will qualify! (Finally, after 7 years!)

94ayd
4th February 2011, 01:17
Sieneke was just sweet, totally not like Krassi Avramov or Miro... xrofl3

r3gg13
5th February 2011, 05:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC8iG0b4yHA&feature=player_profilepage

Interview with Eurovision.tv

Old participants also wish them luck :D

GRE
5th February 2011, 09:19
I think that The Netherlands want a lot this year to qualify in the final.
So,i wish them too.Their song is ok,and be honest,eurovision finals had many worse songs that this one.

seb89
5th February 2011, 12:57
I hope they will reach the final. Toi-toi-toi :)!!

Quent91
5th February 2011, 16:01
Some say they'll sing in english.

seb89
5th February 2011, 16:30

If the translation is okay and it sounds good, they might sing in English.

Kryptonite
5th February 2011, 16:35
^ I agree.

I don't mind what language it is. What matters is that it sounds good.

A-lister
5th February 2011, 16:37

Boring, bland and predictable.

Old news though, they already expressed this wish even before their song was chosen.

Lame imo

nikolay_BG
5th February 2011, 17:16
Oh please, don`t do it on english, I like how the song sounds on dutch.
In english it`ll sound boring and lame, but on dutch it`ll sound interesting imo :)

and yaaaaaaaaaay... Sieneke was in the video xbb

A-lister
5th February 2011, 17:21
^
Exactly!

Native language actually brings character to the song, especially when the song is so "typical" sounding the language plays a much more important whole in setting it apart and make it somewhat unique. With English it would just sound more typical.

Oh and I just luved Sieneke! Cute entry :mrgreen:

nikolay_BG
5th February 2011, 17:46
^
Exactly!

Native language actually brings character to the song, especially when the song is so "typical" sounding the language plays a much more important whole in setting it apart and make it somewhat unique. With English it would just sound more typical.

Oh and I just luved Sieneke! Cute entry :mrgreen:

I personally think on english it`ll sound like the bulgarian entry last year - boring, lame and forgettable :)

katapult
5th February 2011, 18:07
Well, I think the song will work in English as well.
(But I personally would love it, if they sang - maybe the second half at least - in dutch!)
:)

ShineShineSHINE
5th February 2011, 20:46
Tell me about it! Last year was a joke! This year they have a good sporting chance. All they need is to mix up the end a little (gets repetitive) and have a stronger ending. Yay for the Dutch!!!

seb89
6th February 2011, 16:09
Like Katapult said, maybe the English will work as well. We have to wait for the final result.

But imo, I think if they translated it, it will become 'normal', it will become ordinary, a song like you have many others in the contest. Nothing special, not 'exotic' anymore (as far as Dutch is exotic :)). I like 'exotic' songs, but not sure if Europe likes it.

I think it's fifty-fifty. 'Tros' who organised the NF in the Netherlands promotes strongly Dutch music, they have Dutch music shows, reality soaps of Dutch singers, etc. So they won't agree so quickly with sending it in English imo.

nikolay_BG
6th February 2011, 17:18
But imo, I think if they translated it, it will become 'normal', it will become ordinary, a song like you have many others in the contest. Nothing special, not 'exotic' anymore (as far as Dutch is exotic :)).

That`s my opinion too.

AlekS
11th February 2011, 19:54
Congrats! "Je vecht nooit alleen" topped the national Singles chart xcheers

Mark-ESC14
12th February 2011, 14:52
Congrats! "Je vecht nooit alleen" topped the national Singles chart xcheers
Indeed, it has topped #1 in the Single Top 100!

Sean
13th February 2011, 11:28
This is still my clear favourite :D xheart

FallenAngelII
13th February 2011, 11:35
The first 40 seconds hurt this song so much because it's pretty bland up until the 40 second mark when it finally picks up speed. This will definitely hurt the song's chances when it comes to televotes. In fact, up until then, I was prepared to come in here and declare that the Netherlands had actually managed to pick a worse entry than "Sha-La-Lie" this year.

Song is highly dated late 90's/early naughts pop rock, though. It might make the final. Just don't expect it to battle it out for the Top 5 spot.

Silverhelsinki
17th February 2011, 01:12
Leave it alone, it's by far the best song in the entire ESC 2011.
All you haters are just hating for the sake of it.
http://escforum.net/img/Smileys/Generic%20smileys/heart.gif http://escforum.net/img/Smileys/Flags/The%20Netherlands.gif

Mark-ESC14
19th February 2011, 13:41
The first 40 seconds hurt this song so much because it's pretty bland up until the 40 second mark when it finally picks up speed. This will definitely hurt the song's chances when it comes to televotes. In fact, up until then, I was prepared to come in here and declare that the Netherlands had actually managed to pick a worse entry than "Sha-La-Lie" this year.

Song is highly dated late 90's/early naughts pop rock, though. It might make the final. Just don't expect it to battle it out for the Top 5 spot.
They have announced today that they will make small changes to the intro, because they also think it takes to long before the song picks up speed. They are also making an English version but they don't know yet in which language they will perform. Probably Dutch.

seb89
19th February 2011, 14:06
Probably Dutch.

I really hope so :Dxcheer

94ayd
19th February 2011, 18:14
The Netherlands have chances to qualify, now that they're remaking the intro and are considering sticking to Dutch. :mrgreen:

Rusch
19th February 2011, 19:42
The song is good, but not special. But I think, they will reach the final.

bella
20th February 2011, 20:38
Top 5 for sure! More...? I dont know.

But my absoloutly Favorite forever is Shalaliiii Schalalaaa ik ben verliefd ik ben.... alalalala =D

Muireanne
20th February 2011, 21:40
Pls Netherlands! Show us some dignity next time will ya! Anouk, Krezip, Twarres or Within Temptation pls!

Mark-ESC14
20th February 2011, 22:29
I'm quite scared that they will perform in English, I really don't hope so. They only produce and release Dutch songs and haven't even released a single song in English yet. I don't want it to cost us a spot in the final...

A-lister
20th February 2011, 22:39
^
NOOOO ENGLISH!!!

I think English will just make this song look a little bland. It's not a bad song, but it's a quite average pop-rock thing, not that up to date, Dutch makes it stand out.

And also they are a band that got chosen based on what they've done previously, and they're a Dutch only band, so it would not be "them" it would only be made for Eurovision, so why choosing them in the first place though and why with Dutch songs?

pepe C
20th February 2011, 22:41
Krezip
They gave their farewell concert in 2009.

Schlagerman1
20th February 2011, 22:58
This song has potential..but it doesn't get up there if they doesn't change the language to english. Now it is just a random poprock song in dutch that basically just Belgians would understand and will be forgotten. I think if the english lyrics is good and mean something, then the Netherlands could make their longing place in the final I believe...

Lazy Baba
20th February 2011, 23:48
I'm quite scared that they will perform in English, I really don't hope so. They only produce and release Dutch songs and haven't even released a single song in English yet. I don't want it to cost us a spot in the final...

Well in an interview they said they have always sung in English. Later on they decided to sing in Dutch and now they have success with it in our country. The Dutch lyrics are beautiful and i wished everyone could understand them, they would like the song definitely more! They wont come up with some crappy English lyrics like Edsilia did. Im sure it will be as good as in Dutch! They also confirmed to make some small changes to the song.

A-lister
21st February 2011, 01:13
^
Artists always say that "they have always sung in English" or "the original lyrics were in English" to legitimate a translation for Eurovision.

They have no career based on English songs, as far as I'm concerned they have only released Dutch albums? So if they have sung in English, maybe, but not that people are aware of and liking them for and not for the reason they were chosen in the first place.

So I guess this means the song will be translated then? What a pity. It will directly feel a little more bland since the genre is not THAT special really.

Mark-ESC14
21st February 2011, 12:28
They Will translate it and make an English version, but they don't know if they will use it. That's the whole point. We also don't know when they will decide on it...

And by the way, there is a mistake in the lyrics in the first post. it's not 'De hemel glijdt' (The Heaven slides) but 'de eeuwigheid' (the Eternity)

MaryAnny
21st February 2011, 13:02
@ Mark-ESC14
Yes, there a definately mistakes in the Lyrics made in the first post! I had to laugh very much about "the heaven slides", but then I saw more mistakes! A bit funny, but not good!

An other very big mistake:

"En je strijdt omdat je ouder lijkt" (Your struggeling because you look older) has to be: "En je strijd omdat de aarde lijdt" (Your fighting because the world is suffering)

When people translate the words in the first post, they will think that the 3JS write very strange lyrics!

seb89
21st February 2011, 18:45
^ Yes, there are several errors, I said it a while ago, but they haven't changed it. I thought maybe I don't understand the Dutch accent and that I was wrong :P.

@ A-Lister: you are right, they have sung in English before, but never made records in English. Their carreer began when they sang in Dutch, like Nick & Simon. They performed in English but didn't manage to get a contract, but they got one when they began to sing in Dutch. But it doesn't mean the 3JS can't sing in English of course. Let's hope the best version wins ;).

bashers
21st February 2011, 20:23
Ooooh I quite like this.....one of the only ones so far!!

Bosnaboy85
21st February 2011, 23:35
i like this song

Hugo
22nd February 2011, 15:18
I like this,hope they good to the final!Good luck netherlands !

martin
22nd February 2011, 15:22
i like this song hope we see it in the final good luck Netherlands

Megasalt
22nd February 2011, 15:38
Jan looks a bit like Adam Sandler in some angles, doesn't he? Anyway, great song. My second favourite so far.

Mozz
23rd February 2011, 02:00
Hi, I've just seen the Dutch lyrics in the first post in this thread and it was quite shocking :o....Major portions of the lyrics are wrong (and a bit weird). :oops:

I've sent an email to the topic starter and asked him if he could still change the lyrics in his post. Because I'm a bit afraid that some people in Europe will not like the Dutch entry after they see the lyrics on this site. Especially the part "En je strijdt omdat je ouder lijkt" (= "and you fight because you seem/look older") :confused: or "In je grootste zorg zit de helft verborgen" ( = in your biggest worry, half is hidden").

So here are the CORRECT LYRICS for "Je vecht nooit alleen"
(PLUS THEIR TRANSLATION IN ENGLISH)

You never fight alone

VERSE 1

Weet je schat?
(You know, darling)
We zien het soms een beetje zwart
(We see things a bit dark/pessimistically)
(Sometimes the world around you seems cold and mean)

En je strijd, omdat de aarde lijdt
(And you fight, because the earth is suffering)
Maar zelfs als de zon voorgoed verdween
(But even if the sun would disappear forever)
Je vecht nooit alleen
(You never fight alone)

CHORUS

Want je hebt de tijd, de eeuwigheid
(Because you have time, eternity)
(Imagination on your side)
en je weet daar zal ik altijd zijn
(And you know I will always be there)

Als je mij belooft
(If you promise me)
Dat je blijft geloven
(That you will keep on believing)
(That one gets what he gives)
In je grootste zorg
(In your biggest worry)
Zit een hoop verborgen
(A hope is hidden)
(That he who loves, survives)

VERSE 2

Stil maar lief
(Hush, my love)
Je piekert want het wil maar niet
(You worry because things don't go your way)
Ga waar de wind, je vleugels vind
(Go where the wind finds your wings)
Ontstijg je verdriet
(Rise above your sadness)
En je vraagt, wie dan de aarde draagt
(And you ask, who will then carry the earth)
Kijk naar de zon, de bron, ze scheen
(Look at the sun, the source, she shone/shined)
Je was nooit alleen
(You were never alone)

REPEAT CHORUS

I hope this is helpful for some people, and may help them understand why I and some people are so enthusiastic about this song :p.....

Best wishes from The Netherlands

EurovisionSmile
23rd February 2011, 02:49
Not one of my favourites, but certainly the best entry that The Netherlands have chosen for years...

Mark-ESC14
23rd February 2011, 08:10
Thanks for the lyrics Mozz, also a good translation underneath it! Now other people can understand what they are actually singing. :)

BarbaraSmith
23rd February 2011, 08:48
Best song this year so far IMO :D

MaryAnny
23rd February 2011, 11:47
I'm very curious about the English version. Yesterday they said on twitter that they were very happy with the results. I think I will like both versions, and it doens't matter to me if they sing it in Dutch or English. But there are centainly a lot of ggggggggg's in the song that will be gone!
I hope they will present it soon!

Mozz
23rd February 2011, 16:31
Yes, I'm really forward to hear the English version of this wonderful song. Yesterday they were in the studio, working on it.
I'm not sure if the English version will have the lyrical creativity level of the Dutch version, but it doesn't need to be (after all, this is Eurovision :p)

By the way, the singer can sing perfectly in English without any noticeable accent. He has proven that in the past.

Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhdgO8rPQNU

MaryAnny
23rd February 2011, 16:47
Yes, he's a very good singer, also in English!
And it sounds good when they all sing too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZtBTHdJ2H0&feature=related

Mozz
23rd February 2011, 22:00
There is some news: according to my latest 'intel' the 3JS will, when the English version is officially announced, play the song on Dutch radio.

The Dutch radio show is Giel van Beelen. They had a conversation or interview a few days ago and then they promised they would play the song on his show first.

ethn
23rd February 2011, 23:39
like it,nice song /gd vocals also!!dont think though that it has the potential to go very high....as far as i am concerned,will be happy to c it in the final!

Mark-ESC14
26th February 2011, 13:02
Okay, But Mozz, He's called Giel Beelen and not Giel van Beelen. :)

Azeredos
26th February 2011, 15:37
One of my favourites. Loved it since the first time I listened to it. I'm curious to see the english version but I think I'd prefer to see the dutch one in te Eurovision.

iowacorn
27th February 2011, 06:21
I think this song is so boring and forgettable =/

MaryAnny
28th February 2011, 09:07
Alexander Rybak:
So, Eurovision then.. As you probably know, my last years favourites were Didrik and Lena. This year is pretty hard to tell, and maybe its just too early to predict something. But something tells me this will be the year for professional, educated musicians. I am talking about the lovely ballad from Holland, the most original ESC-song ever from Belgium, and the astonishing masterpiece from Italy. What do you think?

http://www.facebook.com/alexanderrybak/posts/10150410135270644

Mozz
1st March 2011, 03:15
it's official........t h e e n g l i s h l y r i c s h a v e j u s t b e e n f i n is h e d , w e w i l l s o o n h e a r t h e a l t e r n a t i v e , e n g l i s h v e r s i o n

Lazy Baba
1st March 2011, 12:49
Alexander Rybak:
So, Eurovision then.. As you probably know, my last years favourites were Didrik and Lena. This year is pretty hard to tell, and maybe its just too early to predict something. But something tells me this will be the year for professional, educated musicians. I am talking about the lovely ballad from Holland, the most original ESC-song ever from Belgium, and the astonishing masterpiece from Italy. What do you think?

http://www.facebook.com/alexanderrybak/posts/10150410135270644

Thank you mister Rybak! Let's hope he's right.

Matt
3rd March 2011, 22:31
The english version is called "Never alone" and will premiere on the Coen & Sander show on radio 3FM

Lazy Baba
3rd March 2011, 23:21
The english version is called "Never alone" and will premiere on the Coen & Sander show on radio 3FM

I also heard they added some guitars to it... I'm afraid they ruin the song :( Please dont let it happen, just having a bad feeling about it

A-lister
4th March 2011, 00:02
Well, as I've said before, this song is quite okay, but still quite average "we've heard it all before" middle of the road rock-pop stuff.

Atleast Dutch lyrics gave it character, I'm afraid it will just sound much more ordinary now.

I hope though, even if they'll have an English version, that they'll stick to use Dutch for Eurovision.

Mozz
4th March 2011, 00:07
A-lister wrote: " "we've heard it all before" middle of the road rock-pop stuff"

Yeah, unlike so many of the other entries like Poland, Romania, Estonia, Malta and Norway, right?

O, and do I need to mention the 'uniqueness' of Denmark's entry?

A-lister
4th March 2011, 00:10
A-lister wrote: " "we've heard it all before" middle of the road rock-pop stuff"

Yeah, unlike so many of the other entries like Poland, Romania, Estonia, Malta and Norway, right?

O, and do I need to mention the 'uniqueness' of Denmark's entry?

:lol: @ you getting all offensive because I wrote my opinion on the song.

I didn't say it was bad did I ?? I just said it's a quite common genre and atleast in Dutch it didn't feel so "common".

Relax relax.

I do not like neither Denmark or Romania and especially not Malta this year, so if that was meant to be offensive to me, it didn't work :lol:

Mozz
4th March 2011, 00:41
To me this is not an average Eurovision song or just some "average rock-pop stuff".

This song and the way it is sung, has depth, meaning and sincerity. The creative level of the lyrics is somewhat unusual, and relatively high for a Eurovision song. The live vocal performance of the lead singer is known to be excellent and especially, he has the quality to transfer what he sings in an authentic, sincere way.

To say it is 'average' would place it on the same level as some of the other Eurovision copy-of a copy-of a copy-entries which are truly average like those of Poland, Romania and Denmark or actually any of the possible Swedish entries this year that are now battling in the Melodiefestivalen, and that, in my opinion does injustice to this song.

A-lister
4th March 2011, 00:55
^
That's to YOU.

With "average" I didn't compare it to Eurovision songs, I compared it to songs out there and basically I meant that this genre is very common.

Yeah the lyrics has depth maybe, but they are about to change them to English so it won't be the original ones anyways.

You know, when I comment music, I do it not only in comparison to ESC songs, I do it just generally. Offcourse, speaking of ESC one need to compare aswell.

And your opinion is no "truth", it's just your opinion. This song is better than Romania and Denmark for sure, personally I think Poland is more enjoyable though, but that's matter of taste.

I like this song in Dutch and it'll probably be ok in English, just not as interesting anymore.

Mozz
4th March 2011, 03:06
Well, if you like stuff that is not so average, we could always send Sieneke to Eurovision again. Would you prefer that? Or better, we could send her to your hometown in Sweden. All free and paid for. She could sing for you every day if you like.

Because despite all the things that have been said about Sieneke, one thing is certain. Her song was not average. No, she took camp, shallow, cheesy to a higher, unseen level. What more could please a Eurovision fan? Now, if you combine her with your Finnish neighbours of Lordi, wouldn't you have the richest, most un-average experience ever?

MaryAnny
4th March 2011, 08:33
Lordi performing with a hurdy-gurdy and Sieneke! I'm dreaming about how that would look like...:D

MaryAnny
4th March 2011, 08:38

Now I have to change my radio station again in my car! I used to listen to Q-music, but now its 100% NL because they play the 3JS many times.
Do you know anything about when the song can be heared on the radio?

MaryAnny
4th March 2011, 08:46
I also heard they added some guitars to it... I'm afraid they ruin the song :( Please dont let it happen, just having a bad feeling about it

Let's wait and see! There is also a chance that it will be better!

Mark-ESC14
6th March 2011, 09:28
I agree with Mozz, that 'not average' is not necessarily good. We sent Sieneke last year which failed.

A-lister
6th March 2011, 09:45
^
Wow you guys hate on Sieneke, it was probably the most amusing entry Netherlands send in a LONG while, and whether you want to admit it or not, it gave you one of your best results for a whole decade :lol:

Now was Sieneke quality? Absolutely not :lol:, but her song was far more enjoyable than 00 entries by Hind, Toppers, Edsilia, Glennis....

As for 3JS, the song is probably more quality, but English still will make it more bland in a way.

Mark-ESC14
6th March 2011, 09:59
A-Lister, I don't agree with you. we don't hate Sieneke, we hate the song and the Way The TROS selected it. Now it feels like the whole of Eurovision thinks we have nothing to offer if we send the toppers or Sieneke, while we could send great artists. And it doesn't really matter if Sieneke was amusing, it lead to nothing since we failed to qualify for the final for a 6th year in a row. You can imagine we are getting sick and tired of that. I wish the Netherlands had the same 'Eurovision culture' as Sweden. All the countries great artists compete to go to Eurovision and you always send great songs, while here in the Netherlands it is almost seen as a way to ruin your career and image. I really hate it, but if no entry will ever make it to the final, than that image will never change :( So to conclude my story, I'm jealous at Sweden. :)

MaryAnny
6th March 2011, 10:16
A-Lister, I don't agree with you. we don't hate Sieneke, we hate the song and the Way The TROS selected it. Now it feels like the whole of Eurovision thinks we have nothing to offer if we send the toppers or Sieneke, while we could send great artists. And it doesn't really matter if Sieneke was amusing, it lead to nothing since we failed to qualify for the final for a 6th year in a row. You can imagine we are getting sick and tired of that. I wish the Netherlands had the same 'Eurovision culture' as Sweden. All the countries great artists compete to go to Eurovision and you always send great songs, while here in the Netherlands it is almost seen as a way to ruin your career and image. I really hate it, but if no entry will ever make it to the final, than that image will never change :( So to conclude my story, I'm jealous at Sweden. :)

You are sooooo right!

Turkish97
6th March 2011, 11:38
THEY'LL CHANGE THE LANGUAGE OF SONG,IT WILL BE ENGLISH

NAME OF SONG : Never Alone
(I think)

Loukas
6th March 2011, 18:33
I know, I can't vote for my own country, but I'll give it 12 points because I really like the song.

Sean
6th March 2011, 18:42
Oh dear. I hope they'll have another change of heart and send it in Dutch instead cause I fear it may lose some of its charm in English :/ Shame cause after all of the songs chosen since it's still my favourite by far and I really want the Netherlands to finally qualify this year :p

Loukas
6th March 2011, 18:43
To keep the English version as a part, they should sing the first chorus in English and the second one is Dutch.

Muireanne
6th March 2011, 19:55
An English version? No way! I respect the entry for being in Dutch, it will indeed lose it's charm when sung in English. Keep it 100% Dutch pls.

Lazy Baba
10th March 2011, 20:30
I know that the 3js dissapointed a lot of fans by singing in English :( but tomorrow we finally get to hear the new version! They did some small changes by adding more guitars. I really hope the lyrics will be good. Song will be premiered on http://www.radio2.nl/ between 11 am - 12 am, a webcast will be available through www.songfestival.nl

seb89
10th March 2011, 20:35
^I'm gonna listen, but they made the decision to sing in English? Or is it still not official in which language they are going to sing?

Matt
10th March 2011, 21:06
It is official, they are going to sing in english!

Mark-ESC14
10th March 2011, 21:59
I know, they will present the song tomorrow in the show 'Gouden Uren' (means: Golden Hours) on Ned 1.

A-lister
10th March 2011, 22:01
And here we have a band that didn't care a bit what seems most of the fans were thinking (to keep it in Dutch).

A real pity.

Milos-BC
10th March 2011, 22:06
I still don't like the entry :( But with them singing in English, I'll probably like it even less. Imo, it will stay in the semi.

nikolay_BG
10th March 2011, 22:10
We sent Sieneke last year which failed.

Shut up! Sieneke rocked :lol:

A-lister
10th March 2011, 22:14
Shut up! Sieneke rocked :lol:

Agree!! She's in my top.10 of 2010 ESC and that is NO joke!

Sieneke was the best Dutch entry since "No Goodbyes" in 2000!!

CPV4931
10th March 2011, 22:18
Sienekes entry was one of the best ones last year ^^

I dont know, why they are going to sing in English. They have no bigger chances through this.

A-lister
10th March 2011, 22:23
^
Unfortunately they have because it seems juries prefer English :(

But I think it will make the song more bland though.

BarbaraSmith
10th March 2011, 22:24
I'm looking forward to the new version. This song is my favourite this year. I just love it :D

nikolay_BG
10th March 2011, 22:26
Agree!! She's in my top.10 of 2010 ESC and that is NO joke!

I`m not joking also ;)

I spoked with a friend of mine who is dutch and as it seems dutch people are ashamed of their language, which is very, very sad, imho :(

A-lister
10th March 2011, 22:28
^
They remind me of Swedes in a way :/
Here it's the same thing.

nikolay_BG
10th March 2011, 22:37
I am usually for the globalization, but everything has borders. This thing is among my personal borders. Every day 5 languages DIE. I am very sad for thie thing that dutch people are ashamed of their language, because I find it very cool and something you don`t hear every day.

seb89
10th March 2011, 23:00
Are you sure your friend is Dutch :p?

As far as I know, they really love their language. Young and old loves Dutch music :D!

They just sing in English to increase their chances :p.

nikolay_BG
10th March 2011, 23:01
Are you sure your friend is Dutch :p?

As far as I know, they really love their language. Young and old loves Dutch music :D!

They just sing in English to increase their chances :p.

Well he looks dutch :lol:

You can`t e 100% sure over the internet 8-)

seb89
10th March 2011, 23:05
^Well you could be right though :p

But in general, they are very proud people, you should have visited the Netherlands during the World Cup. I've never seen so many orange things in my whole life :D. But these are my impressions :D.

Well, if you are right, it's a pity though, they made me an Dutch music addict :P. I personally don't like Belgian Dutch music, I only like Dutch music from the Netherlands :D.

Lazy Baba
10th March 2011, 23:09
Well i love our language hehe but i think most people here THINK that foreigners dont like our 'harsh language' because of all the hard GGGG/Chhh sounds (it's like something's stuck in your throat) lol that has to sound terrible to your ears.

seb89
10th March 2011, 23:11
I love your language too, especially the people who talk like 'Hij heb dat niet gedaan'. I love it :D!!

Margerita86
10th March 2011, 23:12
I don't know about that, to me dutch has some pronounciations in common with swedish so it doesn't sound all that harsh to me, but then again maybe swedish sounds a bit harsh.

Lazy Baba
10th March 2011, 23:13
Hij heb LOL :D well it makes me laugh when i hear that cause it's just not right haha Gimme Vlaams anytime :P dat zachte taaltje lol

nikolay_BG
10th March 2011, 23:14
I don`t think that dutch is harsh ;) I like how it sounds, but I studied german for like 5 or 6 years and I`m kinda used of how germanic languages sound like ;)

And trust me, english sounds harsher then dutch ;)

Lazy Baba
10th March 2011, 23:15
I don't know about that, to me dutch has some pronounciations in common with swedish so it doesn't sound all that harsh to me, but then again maybe swedish sounds a bit harsh.

NO! I was sitting in the train yesterday and heard some Swedes talking, i was so intrueged by the language.. to me it sounds like you guys are singing the whole time lol... it's so melodious
But i agree that both languages have a lot of words in common. We're one happy family :) lol

Lazy Baba
10th March 2011, 23:18
I don`t think that dutch is harsh ;) I like how it sounds, but I studied german for like 5 or 6 years and I`m kinda used of how germanic languages sound like ;)

And trust me, english sounds harsher then dutch ;)

You studied German? Great! So im sure you must recognise some of our words/sentences, and maybe even understand them :)

But it's great that you guys like our language. I really wish the language rule will be back someday hehe..wishful thinking :(

seb89
10th March 2011, 23:19
@Margerita86: Swedish doesn't sound harsh to me, I like it :D!

@Lazy Baba: I really like that, it's not correct, but it's really funny! Zolang het niet uit West-Vlaanderen komt vind ik Vlaams wel leuk :p

@Nikolay: I guess you'll understand some Dutch too, if you have studied German :D

Margerita86
10th March 2011, 23:23
Aye, most of our german sounding words come from Low Middle German which is a relative of the current dutch language so we have quite a few things in common.
We do have a rather distinct sing-song intonation don't we? Swedish spoken by finns take the sing-song to new extremes though.

But honestly dutch is very unlikely to sound very strange to a swedish ear, german is also rather comfortable to listen to for most of us as well.

nikolay_BG
10th March 2011, 23:24
Yes, I recognize some dutch words, because I know german and I was like WOW when last year i heared Sieneke and her Ik ben verliefd. I was like "This has to do somethning with the german "Ich bin verliebt" which means "I am in love" and that`s how I translated the title myself :D ;)

I also understand some other words and really simple sentences :shock:

seb89
10th March 2011, 23:31
Aye, most of our german sounding words come from Low Middle German which is a relative of the current dutch language so we have quite a few things in common.
We do have a rather distinct sing-song intonation don't we? Swedish spoken by finns take the sing-song to new extremes though.

But honestly dutch is very unlikely to sound very strange to a swedish ear, german is also rather comfortable to listen to for most of us as well.

The sing-song intonation is different, unless you are from 'Limburg' :p. I get often the remark that I 'sing' too much when I speak Dutch :p. I'm trying to fix it :p.

Swedish rocks! It's really a cool language!

seb89
10th March 2011, 23:34
Yes, I recognize some dutch words, because I know german and I was like WOW when last year i heared Sieneke and her Ik ben verliefd. I was like "This has to do somethning with the german "Ich bin verliebt" which means "I am in love" and that`s how I translated the title myself :D ;)

I also understand some other words and really simple sentences :shock:

xyeahxwoo