PDA

View Full Version : GREECE 2011 - Loukas Yorkas feat. Stereo Mike - Watch my Dance

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

escYOUnited
1st May 2010, 19:32
http://library.thinkquest.org/08aug/01188/greece-flag.gif

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/25277577.jpg

Performed by: Loukas Yorkas feat. Stereo Mike
Lyrics by: Eleana Vrahali
Composed by: Giannis Christodoulopoulos
Language: English

lucian-crusher
2nd May 2010, 00:35
Katerine must get revenge.
Also I would like Elli Kokkinou or Tamta.

Sim
2nd May 2010, 07:01
I don't think Katerine will come back out. I think she said that in a belgian newspaper.

paddyirl
6th May 2010, 17:57
I assume Greece will be withdrawing no? I don't want EU money going to the state broadcaster to pay for a Eurovision entry when the country has 101 problems to deal with.

AlekS
6th May 2010, 19:30
****times article:
One of the most discussed countries this year worldwide is Greece, due to the economic chaos taking plae the past few months. One aspect of the extremely negative situation over there is what thce state television decides to do. ERT already cut the budget of the Greek entry this year by 50% allowing only 600,000 Euros to be spent on Giorgos Alkaios and the Greek participation.

In a press conference the new ERT President said that the national broadcaster is heading to a new road more cultural and with no attention to big and expensive events. There is no official decision on how Eurovision will be handled from 2011 and on, but the Greek government is advising the new ERT team to think seriously a possible withdrawal from the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest edition.

Milos-BC
6th May 2010, 23:09
I hope they won't withdraw, but this is a very sensitive question, and hopefully will be resolved :(

Sim
6th May 2010, 23:09
I also hope they will stay, but ok they have problems, you never know ;)

94ayd
6th May 2010, 23:22
If its just for an edition, no big deal. At least somebody else will have a chance at the top. :lol:

alca
7th May 2010, 18:04
I don't mind if we withdraw. I don't care about Greece since Helena won once and imo noone else can do this 8-) 8-) . I just hope they broadcast it! That's all I care about! ;)

EvNickGR
17th May 2010, 02:34
^tstststs

I don't think that we will withdraw guys, these are rumors. ERT will stay because th?s event is profitable and they take money back , with advertisments etc...Eurovision is one of the two programms (the other is Football :lol: ) that has the most high ratings! 8-)

alca
17th May 2010, 15:22
^ :P :P

wittgenstein
27th May 2010, 13:12
takis binaris? :D

alca
27th May 2010, 15:42
^ Really? :lol:

wittgenstein
27th May 2010, 16:04
^^
I was in love with him 1985. he was so charming!

alca
27th May 2010, 16:40
Yeah but I doubt he is now! :lol: :lol:

wittgenstein
27th May 2010, 17:31
^
:D ^
where did he go?!
he was my favourite although i was only 7 years old...

alca
27th May 2010, 18:10
No idea my friend...

ESCfan
29th May 2010, 20:46
I assume Greece will be withdrawing no? I don't want EU money going to the state broadcaster to pay for a Eurovision entry when the country has 101 problems to deal with.

Wow...you are so pathetic...it's not only greek's problem,don't you see what's going on globally???!!!let's continue talking only about music here!

A-lister
30th May 2010, 23:09
Looking at viewing numbers I doubt they will withdraw... this contest is just too popular there...

No matter what they'll send they will qualify anyhow lol...

I wish though for one of those modern laika divas... Elli or Despina would be amazing but I doubt it would happen right?

Deltage
31st May 2010, 02:17
I guess I should start paying more attention to Greek music since I've liked almost every Greek entry this decade, but yet my only contact with Greek music is ESC.

paddyirl
31st May 2010, 04:06

Wow...you are so pathetic...it's not only greek's problem,don't you see what's going on globally???!!!let's continue talking only about music here!

Really, well maybe everyone could start paying tax and work till they are 65 then it might be acceptable for EU money to be used to fun their entry, but still, unless this can be funded with NO EU money then fine, but then the question would be why are you able to fund a trivial song contest but still need the EU's (Germany's) money.

Their credit rating is like BBB- which is crap basically.

I would expect Ireland to withdraw if we had that much financial trouble.
Also I don't care about Iceland being able to afford it since it isn't EU. Lets get real, this is a trivial song contest not a life or death thing, it is something that could easily be cut from a budget to save money.

ParadiseES
31st May 2010, 11:27
It's funny that comes from someone from Ireland ;)

jaws
31st May 2010, 11:59
I think the greek community in Belgium will be heartbroken if Greece withdrawls.
No 12 points to Greece anymore XD.

EvNickGR
1st June 2010, 18:18
^It's official , We will participate in 2011! :D :D

I want Kalomoira back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

paddyirl
3rd June 2010, 03:50
It's funny that comes from someone from Ireland ;)
I said I would expect us to withdraw if we had those issues, so far only Greece has those major problems, Portugal and Ireland are still ok for now.

hawadharma
3rd June 2010, 03:54
Greece don't worry, you are always guaranteed top 10. :D

paddyirl
3rd June 2010, 04:08
I know, its used to be ok when they entered good songs but this year's result proves they can enter something shouty and come Top 10.

LadyKiller
3rd June 2010, 20:42
I'm thinking Professional Sinnerz.

nxzR0tZELl8

Why not? ;)

AlekS
3rd June 2010, 20:44
^ me supportz 8-)

LadyKiller
3rd June 2010, 20:49
^ Great, we got our first vote! :mrgreen:

P.S. How does Greek sound in this kind of song to a non Greek speaker?

aletem
3rd June 2010, 20:58
After this year's entry, well I want more. :lol: Something in the style of Nana Mouskouri. :mrgreen: Manos Pyrovolakis was great in the NF, so he would be my choice. Also Giorgos Tsalikis. :oops: It is kinda obvious that Despina Vandi won't represent you. :|

alca
3rd June 2010, 21:10
Oh LadyKiller I really hate this song! I hate the way they sing! blah!

LadyKiller
3rd June 2010, 21:11
After this year's entry, well I want more. :lol: Something in the style of Nana Mouskouri. :mrgreen: Manos Pyrovolakis was great in the NF, so he would be my choice. Also Giorgos Tsalikis. :oops: It is kinda obvious that Despina Vandi won't represent you. :|

Thank God! :lol:

@ Alca: I love this song! :mrgreen:

AlekS
3rd June 2010, 21:11

I'm used to laika and I must say that Greek in this one sounds a lil' bit different.
It reminds me improved Gjoko at some point )))

LadyKiller
3rd June 2010, 21:17

I'm used to laika and I must say that Greek in this one sounds a lil' bit different.
It reminds me improved Gjoko at some point )))

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, no, no, no....this is improved Gjoko:

v42H_45XBW4

AlekS
3rd June 2010, 21:19
^ he became black? :mrgreen:

lol @ the video :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raul_Spain
4th June 2010, 00:36
Natasha Theodoridou

aletem
4th June 2010, 01:00

Thank God! :lol:

I am not that devastated. :lol: Tsalikis would be a good option with a song just like this year, even more traditional. :mrgreen:

Wow that Gjoko is tanned! 8-) :mrgreen:

panakos
4th June 2010, 17:39

I've always hated the way these guys speak... can't believe they're from Saloniki!

LadyKiller
4th June 2010, 18:21

I've always hated the way these guys speak... can't believe they're from Saloniki!

Why can't you believe it? Because they don't pronounce the L too thick? :lol:

messi11
15th June 2010, 13:56
I want to see either Elli Kokkinou(super hot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkvwrAPy ... 1&index=31 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkvwrAPyB-4&feature=PlayList&p=E242B7E897B19DC5&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=31)

or mironas stratis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Tk5suy ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Tk5suy_8I&feature=related)

or going through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX75irex ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX75irexZa4&feature=related)

these 3 artists are GREAT.....what do u think?

Raul_Spain
20th June 2010, 16:32
Elli

dIvnEE2lnN8

Despina

/4O7vCyZs7KI

More serious stuff

HLRUz-8EmT0

These songs are old but I love them.

alca
20th June 2010, 17:52
Elli and Despina are 2 great performers but out of the 3 you posted I only like Eleftheria. Eleftheria Arvanitaki means quality to me. I don't listen to greek music but she's an artist I really admire!

And before my greek friends start attacking me, let me tell you that I don't say that Elli or Despina have no quality but compared to Arvanitaki they are average. They choose to sing commercial music while Eleftheria sticks to quality. ;)

A-lister
20th June 2010, 23:24
Elli and Despina are 2 great performers but out of the 3 you posted I only like Eleftheria. Eleftheria Arvanitaki means quality to me. I don't listen to greek music but she's an artist I really admire!

And before my greek friends start attacking me, let me tell you that I don't say that Elli or Despina have no quality but compared to Arvanitaki they are average. They choose to sing commercial music while Eleftheria sticks to quality. ;)

Pardon me but what's quality for some might be not for another and the other way round...

who's to decide what is "quality" and not really?

Elli & Despina are great...

btw you root for Alcazar... they are anything BUT quality... which makes it ironic... but offcourse they can be likable and considered quality by some? get my point?

Not meant to be offensive...

evilperson
21st June 2010, 04:30
I hope Greece send a song I like for once, its been quite a while....

alca
21st June 2010, 12:47
Pardon me but what's quality for some might be not for another and the other way round...

who's to decide what is "quality" and not really?

Elli & Despina are great...

btw you root for Alcazar... they are anything BUT quality... which makes it ironic... but offcourse they can be likable and considered quality by some? get my point?

Not meant to be offensive...
I agree on that. ;) It's really difficult to say what's quality and what's not. And honestly I don't consider that Alcazar has quality in their songs. Not at least the "quality" I have in mind. Alcazar is all about fun! Making people happy with their fancy songs and choreographies. But it would be better to say that quality comes with the way you sing a song and not with the song itself... It's really hard to define quality because as you said, what's quality for some might be not for another and the other way round... :)

John Eurofan
11th July 2010, 18:39
Hope that we 'll send one of these singers:
Peggy Zina
Tamta
Ivi Adamou
Eleftheria Eleftheriou

or a group:
Vegas
Melisses(with a better song ;) )

or a duet:
Despina Vandi & Elli Kokkinou(They are working together this summer)

or my favorite singer:
Lady Gaga :oops:

alca
12th July 2010, 12:12
^ LOL Do you think Gaga would be interested in representing any country? ;) :P :lol:

panakos
12th July 2010, 12:58
I also want Melisses. O kinezos is a silly song though. :? Kryfa is much better. :)

94ayd
12th July 2010, 14:32
^ LOL Do you think Gaga would be interested in representing any country? ;) :P :lol:

Maybe Italy?! She could as well make it return to the contest if she wins for it. :mrgreen:

AlekS
12th July 2010, 16:03
^ unless she does it for free :)
knowing their shareholders :|

alca
13th July 2010, 02:12
Why Italy? What's her connection to Italy? :?

94ayd
13th July 2010, 02:20
She has Italian background. ;)

alca
13th July 2010, 10:58
Ah I didn't know that.

OK so back to the greek representative? ;)

John Eurofan
13th July 2010, 11:21
I was just kidding. I know that this won't ever happen :(

lucian-crusher
13th July 2010, 11:25
I think -gr should give a chance to Chrispa!

EvNickGR
13th July 2010, 20:09
It's kinda early but i want a girl to represent us next year!! :twisted: :D :D

John Eurofan
14th July 2010, 09:54
^ Me too :mrgreen:

lucian-crusher
14th July 2010, 18:04
A girl you say? How about one of these:

- Elli Kokkinou
- Chrispa
- Despina Vandi
- Tamta
- Katerine

Milos-BC
14th July 2010, 18:40
Despina Vandi said she is not interested unfortunately :(

Katerine, Tamta and Elli Kokkinou would be all great :D

panakos
14th July 2010, 23:06
Yes
Someone like Ivi Adamou xD

94ayd
14th July 2010, 23:09

Defintiely. :mrgreen:

AlekS
14th July 2010, 23:27
Yes
Someone like Ivi Adamou xD
Nice choice, actually. With something like "Agapi", please =)

Stella
14th July 2010, 23:27
This one ;)
YlRiTbHrg4Y

alca
15th July 2010, 13:13
Rumor has it that Katerine will return next year! ;)

Milos-BC
15th July 2010, 14:03
That's good to hear 8-)

AlekS
23rd July 2010, 12:46
Nikos Ganos, please xromance
mNFn_yejkS4

Sim
9th August 2010, 00:53
Katerine Avougstakis will get another chance to represent Greece. She will the compete in the selections for 2011.
This year she was disqualified because her song leaked too early

source: belgovision.com

Matt
23rd August 2010, 16:22
according to some sources Tamta wants/is going to represent Greece in 2011. She already had one shot at representing Greece in 2007 when she took part in the NF but lost to Sarbel.

Jukica
23rd August 2010, 19:25
Tamta would be great choice :D her new album is great, I'd like to see sth. like Fuge or Tharros i alitheia from new album on NF. Katerine also would be great choice for ESC ...

Isabella
30th August 2010, 02:01
Same as AlekS, I want Nikos Ganos for Greece :D I love his songs xheart

panakos
31st August 2010, 20:08
Nikos Ganos, please xromance
mNFn_yejkS4

omg does that guy wear eye liner?! how gross

AlekS
31st August 2010, 20:25
^ what guy? Nikos doesn't wear any eye liner :?

panakos
31st August 2010, 20:41
not Niko
the one on 02:14

AlekS
31st August 2010, 20:48
I don't care about other guys :D

AlekS
31st August 2010, 23:40
gossip-tv.gr wrote about rumors that ERT negotiates with Ivi Adamou, Tamta and Katerine Avgoustakis.
Out of those 3 I'd rather choose Adamou.

panakos
1st September 2010, 01:20
either of them would be a great choice :)

MyHeartIsYours
3rd September 2010, 01:32
Please Greece dont send any of the usual sh*t! xpray
Follow Turkey's example and send something good and original for once!

Starmania
3rd September 2010, 11:12
Eleni Foureira is a good idea. She also featured Manos in the song "Noah's Arc" in Greek national final, and it was my winner :)

Jukica
4th September 2010, 18:08
gossip-tv.gr wrote about rumors that ERT negotiates with Ivi Adamou, Tamta and Katerine Avgoustakis.
Out of those 3 I'd rather choose Adamou.

All 3 are good singers, Tamta is my fave :D

panakos
5th September 2010, 01:56
back in 2007 Tamta had the perfect song... deep and epic Anatolian sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQvD7fIUMAg&feature=related

lucian-crusher
7th November 2010, 01:12
There are rumors that Mihai Traistariu wants to represent ::gr in 2011 in a duo with Anna Vissi!

Isabella
7th November 2010, 01:50
Where did you hear that? :o

94ayd
7th November 2010, 10:37
I doubt I'd like that...

lucian-crusher
7th November 2010, 10:55
Where did you hear that? :o

Gabriel Baruta from Hotel FM (Romanian NF 2010) will compose a song for those two for sure, but in the Romanian forums people are saying that they will submit the song in the Greek Preselection as Anna Vissi is not alowed to represent Romania because she doesen't have our citizenship.

Milos-BC
7th November 2010, 15:16
I think it is just a rumor, nothing more or less than that :)

AlekS
7th November 2010, 16:39
^ ditto :)
every year we have rumors about his participation.

Schlagerman1
7th November 2010, 16:46
I feel I want a ballad from Greece..maybe a bit like Tamtas song from 07! :)

alca
7th November 2010, 19:09
I agree. I think it's time we sent a ballad after all these years. And because of that change (of course if the song is good) we'll get another place in top 10! :lol: :lol: 8-)

Isabella
8th November 2010, 01:31
Gabriel Baruta from Hotel FM (Romanian NF 2010) will compose a song for those two for sure, but in the Romanian forums people are saying that they will submit the song in the Greek Preselection as Anna Vissi is not alowed to represent Romania because she doesen't have our citizenship.

I really wanna see Mihai on ESC again, no matter is it Romania or Greece :lol:
Hope this comes true :D xcrossed

AlekS
10th November 2010, 19:54
Eleni Foureira Not Participating in 2011 Eurovision Contest
http://greece.greekreporter.com/2010/11/10/eleni-foureira-not-participating-in-2011-eurovision-contest/

Eleni Foureira spoke to Antenna TV about the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. Eleni who participated in the 2010 Greek national final along with Manos Pyrovolakis, was highly tipped to represent Greece in the Dusseldorf Eurovision edition. This was emphasized especially after her spectacular presentation in the 2010 MAD Video Music Awards along with Dan Balan. But the schedule of the artist is so full that there is no free time for a demo recording of a song for the contest.
Sources close to the Greek national broadcaster revealed that the star is not in favor of her participation in the Greek national final mainly because ERT would like to avoid participations from artists of the 2010 contest. The most likely scenario for the 2011 selection would be a national final in a studio with 3 acts in late February.

GRE
6th December 2010, 23:36
There was a rumor few days ago,that ert will submit a propose to Vicky Leandros,to represent Greece.

alca
7th December 2010, 16:31
There was a rumor few days ago,that ert will submit a propose to Vicky Leandros,to represent Greece.

Yeah and that the composer of her song will be either Stefanos Korkolis or Mihalis Hatzigiannis... (duh for the second!). But anyway I don't think that Leandros would bother...

GRE
7th December 2010, 17:38
I dont agree.
And i will tell you the reason:
Ιn 2006,when the esc was organised by Greece,Vicky Leandros tried to represent Germany with the song Dont break my heart.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVa7p30W3D0
She was asked,why she never represented Greece,and answered that Greece never propose her for presentation.
This year,is happening the oposite:Esc is organised by Germany.So the problem,in my opinion,is not Vicky Leandros,but Ert!!!

alca
7th December 2010, 22:52
Hmm ok then. I'm fine with her. And I'm sure it will be a ballad (obviously :lol:) so it would be great! After all these years we sent up tempo songs, it's time for a change. ;)

Matt
22nd December 2010, 19:40
Apparently Star Channel revelaed the three artists willing to represent Greece next year. The three singers are

Eleni Foureira, Theoxaris Ioannidis and Antigoni Psixrami (sorry if there are any spelling erros)

Matt
22nd December 2010, 19:42
Keep in mind these are just rumors, some of those individuals are already denying these claims.

evilperson
22nd December 2010, 21:05
Loukas Giorkas, Kokina Xalia, and Valando Trifonos have also been rumoured by STAR.

GRE
23rd December 2010, 22:28
Acoording to oikotimes the names of artists that will try to represent Greece are:
1)Loykas (winner of 2009 x-factor)
2)Kokkina Halia (finalist of 2009 x-factor)
3)Valanto (winner of 2010 pop idol)
4)Antigoni Psihrami (participant of 2010 pop idol)
not sure about group Vegas yet.
Loykas and Valanto are Cypriots.
In my opinion at least 3 of them are very talented.

You can listen some of tracks of the artists bellow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODJm_gHNmUI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHb-nhhzDOU

alca
27th December 2010, 16:52
Apparently Star Channel revelaed the three artists willing to represent Greece next year. The three singers are

Eleni Foureira, Theoxaris Ioannidis and Antigoni Psixrami (sorry if there are any spelling erros)

I seriously doubt about that! If ERT chooses him it will be a total disaster! Theoxaris is just an actor! Not a singer! He participates in the show Just The 2 Of Us where a singer and another famous person are singing songs together. I've seen some of his performances and he's not good... So that would only stay a rumor.

nikolay_BG
27th December 2010, 17:28
I think it`s time for Elli Kokkinou to represent Greece.

I really doubt that Anna Vissi will do it again. She has other plans now :)

But anyway, no matter what Greece sends, I`m sure it`ll be awesome like every year :)

GRE
27th December 2010, 19:06
I seriously doubt about that! If ERT chooses him it will be a total disaster! Theoxaris is just an actor! Not a singer! He participates in the show Just The 2 Of Us where a singer and another famous person are singing songs together. I've seen some of his performances and he's not good... So that would only stay a rumor.
Τoday Makis Pounentis (from Heaven music) said that Theocharis Ioannidis will be the choise of Heaven.:?

Kryptonite
27th December 2010, 22:29
I totally agree!

alca
27th December 2010, 23:10
Τoday Makis Pounentis (from Heaven music) said that Theocharis Ioannidis will be the choise of Heaven.:?

What?! :o Well even if he's one of the contestants I don't think we'll be so stupid to send him. But it also depends on the other artists... Pff let's wait.

PeterLPZ
4th January 2011, 15:55
I agree with you, that it´s time to send a ballad after the up-tempo-songs of the last years.
And I also doubt, that Vicky Leandros will take part, but if she would be the participant from Greece, it could be very successfull in Germany.
I´m very exciting about the choice. The Greek songs are mostly great.

Gerly
4th January 2011, 16:00
I'm the one, who just wait these up-tempo songs from Greece. They have been amazing. When I've watched the semifinals then Greece is always the country what I wait to see on stage.
But if they will send ballad then better it be amazing :D
Greeks taste is really great, then I hope the best from them.

GRE
5th January 2011, 18:40
Yiannis Savvidakis (Cyprus 1989),will be one of the finalists who will try to represent Greece.

gabimen
5th January 2011, 22:01
Yeah! A folk ballad in Greek would be just amazing! Totally agree with you guys!

EvNickGR
6th January 2011, 15:35
Next week, ERT will give the names of the artists that will be in the Greek National Final, end of February! :mrgreen:

alca
7th January 2011, 01:26
It is confirmed that Yiannis Savidakis will enter the Greek national final of 2011!

http://www.oikotimes.com/v2/index.php?file=articles&id=9527

nikolay_BG
7th January 2011, 09:38
I don`t think a ballad will be a good choice of Greece for ESC...

alca
8th January 2011, 14:23
According to newsbeast.gr (http://www.newsbeast.gr/entertainment/arthro/102591/oi-upopsifiotites-gia-ti-fetini-eurovision/) (in greek), the artists who will compete on the greek national final are:

Valanto Tryfonos (from Greek Idol)
Antigoni Psyhrami (from Greek Idol)
Yiannis Savidakis
the band Kokkina Halia (from X-Factor)
the group Triimitonio (from X-Factor)
Lukas Giorkas (from X-Factor)
and Theoharis Ioannidis (Just The 2 Of Us)

What can I comment here? Sounds better than last year but still I don't like the idea of any of them representing Greece. I want to listen to the songs first.

AlekS
8th January 2011, 18:08
^ yep, oikotimes.
They quote ERT. 6 acts for the NF, so 1 of those will be out.
+ no Kontopoulos.

The Greek national broadcaster revealed that the official announcement is expected by the end of next week.

GRE
8th January 2011, 19:34
Some people claim that ert wants a national final with 10 songs/artists.
From these artists Theocharis Ioannidis has the same manager as Sakis Rouvas had in 2004.Yiannis Savvidakis has represented Cyprus in 1989 and he is wellknown in Greece,but forgotten.Antigoni Psihrami has a duet with famous singer George Dalaras 13 years ago,when she was a child (music Goran Bregovic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsM9bGqjxbs ).Kokkina halia come from x factor,and young people like them.Lukas was the winner of x factor,but i really doubt if many people remember him.The same (and worse) for Valanto (winner of greek idol) and Triimitonio but i think that they will participate with an emotional ballad,thats their style.

EvNickGR
8th January 2011, 19:39
The situation is much better, we will listen to many different songs and i like it! I hope that one of these, will be nice and send it to the contest! Let's wait ...:D

GRE
8th January 2011, 19:44
The situation is much better, we will listen to many different songs and i like it! I hope that one of these, will be nice and send it to the contest! Let's wait ...:D

Last year we had 9 songs (before withdrawings) and almost nothing was good!So disapointed!

alca
8th January 2011, 23:56
Last year's NF was a disaster imo.

Starmania
9th January 2011, 11:08
Last year the best NF , considering songs, was Greek NF imo. I liked'm all. (Including great disq. songs :) )
And it would be great for Greece to send the girl featuring Manos last year.

EvNickGR
9th January 2011, 17:51
^ Yeap, i liked them too!
We have to listen to the songs first, and then say our opinion , we will see soon! 1 month left for NF...:D

GRE
10th January 2011, 20:33
I heard today two more names
Bo and Natali Thanou.
Ok i should just listen all the songs first,but i think i was so wrong last year when i thought that our national final was piece of crap.This year seems a disaster!

GRE
11th January 2011, 13:48
In the afternoon ERT will announce the line up!
No Yiannis Savvidakis and Theocharis Ioannidis.
1.Kokkina halia (x factor)
2.Antigoni Psichrami (greek idol)
3.Loukas (winner x factor)
4.Valanto (winner greek idol)
5.Triimitonio (x factor)
6.Nikki Ponte (x factor)

A-lister
11th January 2011, 14:57
Eew just a bunch of reality TV stars.

GRE
11th January 2011, 15:09
But they are all talented,and i am so pleased with that!

alca
11th January 2011, 16:27
http://www.tralala.gr/music-news/item/10252-eurovision-giannis-savvidakis (in Greek)

Yes, Yiannis Savidakis is officialy out. ERT rejected him because they said they want to give a shot to new people.

EvNickGR
12th January 2011, 01:39
Niki from X-Factor is in! videos from X-Factor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpeRNMxgDjg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID65bG3Udsw&feature=related

GRE
12th January 2011, 11:41
http://www.tralala.gr/music-news/item/10252-eurovision-giannis-savvidakis (in Greek)

Yes, Yiannis Savidakis is officialy out. ERT rejected him because they said they want to give a shot to new people.

Ert also rejected Theocharis Ioannidis becouse he is not a singer!:D

Matt
12th January 2011, 18:39
eurovision.tv article

Pick the next superstar of the Eurovision Song Contest from TV talent shows. This is the recipe that Greek TV hopes will make success. Each of the six acts now announced for the national final was brought to the limelight in a talent show.

Greece is one of the most successful countries in the Eurovision Song Contest in recent years. The country hopes to continue its successful campaign by picking the next star from a selection of artists with a past in the TV talent shows Greek X Factor and Greek Idol.

All of the artists have recent experience from either one of the talent shows. Nikki Ponte is even currently participating in Greek X Factor.

The Greek broadcaster ERT will reveal further details about the national selection later. The final will be held in February with the winner decided by half televotes, half jury votes.

The artists battling in Greece – here's the full line-up:

Antigoni Psichrami
Valanto Trifonos
Nikki Ponte
Kokkina Halia
Loukas Yorkas
Trimitonio

GRE
12th January 2011, 21:11
The title of Antigoni Psichramis song is "Its all greek to me!" :D

GRE
12th January 2011, 21:16
The good thing is that prolably the songs will be diferent styles,becouse artists have diferent styles
Kokkina halia=>rock
Triimitonio=>emotional ballad
Loukas=>rock ballad
Antigoni=>Pop/dance
Valanto=>pop ballad
Niki Ponte=>hmm thats a questionmark,maybe something dance
I think that we will not have ethnik elements in our NF.
So,we could remember these greek songs the last decade without ethnik elements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cXpPgJXT4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRJJPpAqzGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uixGZHaW0Zo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sp94nRuwpo&feature=related

94ayd
13th January 2011, 00:09
Interestingly enough I dislike 3/4. However, I'm crazy in love with 2003. :mrgreen: Was just thinking of playing it on YouTube, to be honest... :D :lol:

GRE
13th January 2011, 01:40
I hope for a good song this year.
My country is the only one in Eurovision,that gets into the decade,for last 7 years continuesly!

GRE
13th January 2011, 12:20
I have just been informed that Greece had many posibilities this year to withdraw.
The politics didnt want our country to participate,becouse our economy is not good enough to support this project.There were many argues before the final desicion,and at last they decided not to withdraw.
I am affraid that maybe this year will be the last one that Greece take part to eurovision.

evilperson
13th January 2011, 13:54
^That's typically the same story we hear from Greece every year recently.

EvNickGR
13th January 2011, 14:42
Noo, ERT said that Greece will be in ESC, but with small budget! All the other things are just rumors guys!

alca
14th January 2011, 13:39
Yiannis Savidakis asked ERT to review his entry!

GRE
14th January 2011, 15:17
ERT will re-examine the submissions of Yiannis Savvidakis and Theocharis Ioannidis!:o

alca
14th January 2011, 22:58
http://news-piper.blogspot.com/2011/01/eurovision_4381.html (again in Greek - sorry)

ERT rejected Sofia Bernston!! Sofia entered twice the Swedish Melodifestivalen. Once in 2007 with "Hypnotized" and once in 2009 with "Alla" which was sung in greek!

Stupid ERT!

ParadiseES
16th January 2011, 01:31
Can someone tell me why Greece is kinda losing interest in ESC? I mean.... Greece has sent their best singers the last years and now doesn't look ambitious at all...

EvNickGR
16th January 2011, 02:02
ERT is so stupid...ERT been scared from Psinakis (Manager of Ioannidis)? hahaha

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/nick14_014/eurovidion2011gr.jpg

CiprianZisu
16th January 2011, 20:36
you guys should choose an unkown singer
not famous people
seemed to work for germany
she couldnt even sing
lol
but in all honesty, i think tahts the way to go
get a non-famous singer and let them get their shot

voodoo
17th January 2011, 01:59
That's exactly what we're gonna do this year!

CiprianZisu
17th January 2011, 03:25
good
im still mad about when elena stolle eurovision from luminta anghel but i love greece
my dads sister lives there so we always have greek in our life
and we go to a greek orthodox church here
we love everything about greece
especially the music

EvNickGR
17th January 2011, 15:20
^Thank you! YOU abroad (America, Australia, Europe) make us proud! ;)

CiprianZisu
17th January 2011, 15:21
just one thing
just because im in the united states
im still a romanian at heart
haha

annyskod
17th January 2011, 15:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cXpPgJXT4c

I like him!Some ricky martin style..(maybe he is a relative?) but good...greece has good choices this year!

CiprianZisu
17th January 2011, 15:50
sakis is a legend
everywhere
haha

EvNickGR
18th January 2011, 12:33
;)

So Greece in first semifinal, it's a bit tricky because there are big countries with history in Eurovision! Let's see, i can't wait!

Theoharis Ioannidis who excluded participation by ERT , had a very good song (according to Psinakis) and it's about Greece. The title of the song is ''Never give up'' written by famous librettist Korkolis! Too bad the song was excluded...

alca
18th January 2011, 14:44
Any news about Savidakis (well I don't really care) or Sofia???

CiprianZisu
18th January 2011, 14:49
previous history shouldmt batter when talking semifinaly
its all about the present

EvNickGR
22nd January 2011, 10:45
I want to say that from yesterday i support Nikki for Eurovision 2011, i want a girl to represent us, and Nikki is the best.

A ballad singned by Nikki from yesterday's X-Factor...so good! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n69lVUDDGo

EvNickGR
23rd January 2011, 12:02
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/nick14_014/161917_133677090028346_720595_n.jpg

Ready to represent Greece in Eurovision, says Nikki Ponte, a 19 year old player of «X Factor» is among six contenders for the "ticket." Niki replied to those who accuse and revealed that she is preparing for the musical competition.
"The ERT chose me," said 19-year old singer in reply to those who say that Sony Music is separated from the other players «X Factor», and added that he had never thought to take part in the European song contest.
On Friday, Nikki listened to the songs offered by record company, one of which will be selected to participate in the Greek final.
"I want to do a show, to have more dance», she said.
She will struggle learn the Greek language really well the young Greek-American, however, has begun an intensive courses and she said that on stage she will surprise us!

EvNickGR
24th January 2011, 15:45
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/nick14_014/Image.jpg

Talking to Star Channel's camera ''Kokkina Halia'' said that Eurovision is a ''dangerous'' competition and they must be careful. ''In 3 minutes, Europe must listen and understand the song, so we must have a <<digestible>> song''. They also said that the composer of their song is Swedish, and it will be in English.

GRE
24th January 2011, 20:04
BREAKINS NEWS
The Greek newspapers and blogs keep claiming a story as of this morning: Greek national broadcaster is considering the withdrawal from the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest despite they know they will pay a fine.
The rumors that executives of ERT consider withdrawal from Duseeldorf's Eurovision edition are enhanced by the statement of the former Eurovision executive on ERT and actually the man who made Eurovision a big show in Greece Mr Johnny Kalimeris (interview to Antonis Andrikakis) who said that he doubts he will see a Greek entry in Germany! and that would be wise according to him because we cannot go to such a big event like the poor relatives.
An official statement is expected soon.

nikolay_BG
24th January 2011, 20:32
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO oOXoOXoOXoOXoOXoOXoOXoOXoOXoOXoOXoOXoOX

alca
24th January 2011, 20:52
I doubt that... hmm

Greekboy
25th January 2011, 09:46
They also said that the composer of their song is Swedish, and it will be in English.

If the composer of the song is Swedish, I think it might be Alex Papaconstantinou. (Sarbel - Yassou Maria, also a lot of Greek hits like Paparizou - Gigolo, Mambo, Vissi - Sti Pira, Fabulous)

Papaconstantinou wrote their current single "Se Thelo Apose"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jin1Mfp2HrM

Greekboy
25th January 2011, 10:00
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2269/19406939.jpg

Speaking exclusively to the camera's Star, the young singer said she does not have stage fright, and responds to those who criticize the children of the talent shows.

"I do not have anxiety yet. As the days approach and I go into the studio to record I will become nervous." said Valanto to Star, adding that these days she is listening to songs to choose the one she will go with.

Sure of herself and ready to compete in the Eurovision is Valanto Trifonos. "It's something I can do, and even at such a high level. It will be a very good experience for me. I would prefer to compete with a song that has English lyrics. A dynamic ballad would be my best. "

Greekboy
25th January 2011, 10:13
http://tralala.gr/media/k2/items/cache/fe8cc049cb689c207df40f054d9bc040_L.jpg

We talked briefly with Mario Kouma from Trimitonio and asked him to make a statement to us about their proposal and he agreed and said:

"We see a great opportunity for us as we turned in we will do our best, to work hard to make everything better. We mind our two songs for the moment, which we worked until 4 February will be we submit our songs to ERT. So we're in the studio and looking for more music, to present them and decide what song ERT will compete in the final. "

"We are currently trying out several pieces of our own and other composers, to see what song will say in the contest. The final selection will be made by us and our company. "

During their appearance on Mega Channel they also said the song will be in their style and will most likely be with Greek lyrics.

EvNickGR
25th January 2011, 14:16
The ERT delegation for the Eurovision Song Contest resigned today. The song contest, is now taking the Director General TV Lena Choida. ;)

GRE
25th January 2011, 18:47
The Greek national broadcaster closed all scenarios issued yesterday by newspapers.The national broadcaster calls the participants to submit their entries up to February 4th. Then the broadcaster will examine the songs and if ERT finds a song not suitable to represent Greece this year the artist will have one more chance to submit a song.

Matt
25th January 2011, 18:52
It's good to hear that Greece is working on choosing the right song which is a good indication they're not going to withdraw (which was rather unlikely anyway)

evilperson
25th January 2011, 21:29
The same rumours come up every year from Greece and usually nothing results from it.

goktengri
26th January 2011, 01:05
I'm sure Greece will send a great song as always xkiss

Turkish97
26th January 2011, 11:16
One of the most successful countries in the last 10 years Greece.

So,I'm sure they are again will send a good song. ;)

Milos-BC
26th January 2011, 12:36
The same rumours come up every year from Greece and usually nothing results from it.

agree totally :)

I hope Greece will send the best entry possible.

alca
26th January 2011, 14:05
One of the most successful countries in the last 10 years Greece.

So,I'm sure they are again will send a good song. ;)

The fact that we did well the last years doesn't mean that we will send a good song again! :p But I hope so... :)

Turkish97
26th January 2011, 14:15
The fact that we did well the last years doesn't mean that we will send a good song again!:p But I hope so... :)

You're right. :mrgreen:

CiprianZisu
26th January 2011, 14:46
whoever thought greece would withdraw *DELETED BY ADMIN - INSULTING BOARD MEMBERS IS AGAINST THE BOARD RULES*

Matt
26th January 2011, 16:54
ERT has revamped their website with news and updates about the upcoming selection process.

Twitter: Click HERE (http://twitter.com/ert2011)
Facebook: Click HERE (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eurovision-2011-ERT-online/162675463780004)

CiprianZisu
26th January 2011, 18:58
heck yea
go greece

EvNickGR
27th January 2011, 12:08
Nice eurovision site by ERT, i didnt expect it :P

We want to send a nice song this year, i think we will do it. Greece will NOT withdraw guys, other are just rumors, ERT is preparing for Eurovision 2011 hard, and this is good news! We will not have a fantastic super stuff anyway the badget is not big for this year...!
One month left until we will know the winner for the ''gold ticket''...waiting...:P

alca
27th January 2011, 12:40
We can't withdraw! We need to win so we can host the contest and bring money to the country from the eurofans! :p

nikolay_BG
27th January 2011, 13:49
The fact that we did well the last years doesn't mean that we will send a good song again! :p But I hope so... :)

Greece is every year with the best song, so this year to have a good song isn`t a dream :)

CiprianZisu
27th January 2011, 14:55
idont remember the lsat time greece sent a bad song
lol

EvNickGR
27th January 2011, 18:02
And it's almost official. Savvidakis and Ioannidis are out of the National Final! ERT rejected them because they are not...emerging artists and their record companies are not...big and famous...! (Ioannidis is in ''Heaven Music'' which is one of the biggest and famous companies here in Greece)... ERT is so silly!

So, the contenders for the ''ticket'' are: Niki Ponte, Valado Trifonos, Kokkina Halia, Triimitonio, Loukas Giorkas and Antigoni Psihrami!

CiprianZisu
27th January 2011, 20:13
evnick, that sounds like total bs.. what if they had better songs than the others?

alca
27th January 2011, 20:13
What about Sofia?????

EvNickGR
28th January 2011, 18:24
^^ If they had better songs...i don't know.. :P

^Sofia rejected by ERT too...i don't know why...:S

evilperson
28th January 2011, 22:49
There is always next year for these rejected artists. So much drama in Greece every year. I can't wait until the first disqualifications when the songs start leaking. :?

EvNickGR
29th January 2011, 18:02
^This ''drama'' is made by MME (tv) and not by the Greeks ;). We want a fair and healthy competition, and we all know that ERT is so irrelevant and confused...

Scooby
29th January 2011, 18:41
idont remember the lsat time greece sent a bad song
lol

I can't remember the last time when Greece send GOOD song?
Oh I remember - that was Anna Vissi in Athens!!!

nikolay_BG
29th January 2011, 19:05

Anna Vissi had to win!
I personally sent 9 SMS for her and Bulgaria gave 12 points to Greece in that year. I was so happy :)

evilperson
29th January 2011, 19:31
I can't remember the last time when Greece send GOOD song?

Agreed, I think Greece has been terribly overrated the last few years. Anna was great but Sarbel, Kalomira, Sakis, and Giorgos were definitely not in my taste.

nikolay_BG
29th January 2011, 23:45
Agreed, I think Greece has been terribly overrated the last few years. Anna was great but Sarbel, Kalomira, Sakis, and Giorgos were definitely not in my taste.

I think they were great (accept Sakis, his song was pure $hit)

I think Giorgos Alkaios made good contrast between 2009 and 2010. In 2009 Greece sebt a pop crap song and in 2010 they sent a folk song on greek (which is really different for Greece in past years).

Every year the best song comes from Greece, no matter what the turkish fans say :lol:

Scooby
29th January 2011, 23:59
Almost every year Greece sends turbo-folk songs and it sounds horrible.
Kalomira, Sakis, Sarbel, Giorgios and company are just for xpuke

alca
30th January 2011, 00:29
Anna Vissi had to win!
I personally sent 9 SMS for her and Bulgaria gave 12 points to Greece in that year. I was so happy :)

Ah lucky you! That year I sent about 6-7 SMS for Carola and we gave 0 points to Sweden! There goes my money! But I hated us so much that year coz Carola deserved a lot of points!

EvNickGR
30th January 2011, 01:05
Kalomoira didn't have a turbo-folk song. ;)

evilperson
30th January 2011, 01:08
Yeah she had a hindi/punjabi inspired one with a Timbaland beat. I guess that was the secret combination for 3rd place. :lol:

nikolay_BG
30th January 2011, 01:41
And Sakis`s song was with pure pop sound. Can`t find anything folk in it.

And Sarbel`s song was charming :)

evilperson
30th January 2011, 01:45
Sarbel's was a very cheap ethno-pop song not unlike the Armenian 2006 song. I don't even care about what Sakis puts forward, the man is a dancer, not a singer. And OPA made me cringe last year.

I hope these new talents come up with something that is actually good.

Scooby
30th January 2011, 02:52
Yeah she had a hindi/punjabi inspired one with a Timbaland beat. I guess that was the secret combination for 3rd place. :lol:

LOOOOOL xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3

I really really LOVE YOU xrollinglol

aletem
30th January 2011, 03:36
IMO, the last bad entry from Greece came in 2003. I liked/loved all the entries afterwards (especially last year :mrgreen:, although the cell-phone sounds ruined the song a bit), and it kinda reflects the positions that Greece got throughout the years. :)
I wander if they still gonna stick with their formula.

A-lister
30th January 2011, 03:47
Almost every year Greece sends turbo-folk songs and it sounds horrible.
Kalomira, Sakis, Sarbel, Giorgios and company are just for xpuke

Your country should learn from Greece finally then! Turbo-folk RULES! :mrgreen:

But none of those you mentioned were turbo-folk though. Which Sakis song are you referring to? Because the last song was almost schlager lol

I didn't like Sarbel at all, I liked Kalomira though. The 2010 was very overrated indeed, there's a Israeli cover of that one which was better than the original actually.

GRE
30th January 2011, 09:37
Everyone here in Greece are telling that our representer will be Nikki Ponte.
She is still IN the x-factor!:shock:

alca
30th January 2011, 11:41
She'll be out soon. The final is close.

EvNickGR
30th January 2011, 17:24
Niki Ponte said before the LIVE of the X-Factor on Friday, that she has a ''very good'' song, and now they are working on stage presence!

nikolay_BG
30th January 2011, 23:35
I didn`t watched the greek Xfactor. Is she good?

Greekboy
31st January 2011, 11:57
She is overrated in my honest opinion. Don't get me wrong, she has had some great performances (mostly the ballads), but she has murdered more than a few of the up tempo songs. Let's see what the songs (and performances) will be like, that is what I am going to judge by. Not by the performer. By the way X Factor should be ending February 11, they are down to the final 3.

I like the line up this year. From what we have heard, we should have a good mix of songs. Nikki and Antigoni most likely pop up tempo songs, and most likely in English. Valanto a dynamic pop ballad most likely, and also probably in English. Kokkina Halia probably an uptempo song with possible pop-rock influences, (By a Swedish composer, I am guessing something like "Se thelo apopse" which is by Alex Papaconstantinou, a Greek-swede). Trimitonio I am not sure on, they have said they reviewed a lot of songs, but said it will be something in their style and in Greek, maybe a hint of ethnic element. I have not heard any news about Loukas, so it could go either way for him, any style. Can he even speak English by the way?

coca_cola
31st January 2011, 12:45
I agree that Nikki is totally over rated. She is a good singer , she is ok like a dancer but she has totally no charisma on stage. I think that ANTENNA TV is pushing her too much but on the final night the audience will be disappointed.
Lets wait for the songs as well.

ParadiseES
31st January 2011, 16:53
I want to say happy 29th birthday to Elena Paparizou. She was the best thing that ever happened to Greece in ESC and one of my favourite singers of all time.

Elena, wish you the best and hope I will still listen to your marvelous music many, many years more! xkiss

alca
31st January 2011, 17:17
I want to say happy 29th birthday to Elena Paparizou. She was the best thing that ever happened to Greece in ESC and one of my favourite singers of all time.

Elena, wish you the best and hope I will still listen to your marvelous music many, many years more! xkiss

Join the Official Fan Club and wish her whatever you want! :D The messages will be given to her personally! We are planning to have an english section in less than 7 days so you're welcome! http://www.helenapaparizouclub.gr

ParadiseES
31st January 2011, 19:07
^ Well, I'll probably join it when I'll be able to understand the website :lol:

GRE
1st February 2011, 18:17
Breaking news
The group Kokkina halia (red carpets) have withdrawn from the national final.

evilperson
1st February 2011, 18:39
What a surprise, I feel like this wont be the last withdrawal/disqualification.

Also from what I've read that may not be entirely true. ^

Greekboy
1st February 2011, 19:21
Sony Music is denying that the band has withdrawn. Some sites claim that the lead singer of the band said they are withdrawing because they do not want to sing the song their label has chosen for them. Sony Music denied such claims, and said the band will sing whatever song they want. ERT has not commented yet. We should know soon enough, all the acts are supposed to submit their songs by Friday Feb. 4.

I think just some media are trying to create drama for more hits for their sites. It is possible that rival fans/artists could be behind it as well, like they were with Eleftheria Eleftheriou's leak last year. The sites claim they have exclusive quotes from the lead singer though, so I don't know.

EvNickGR
1st February 2011, 19:35
I don't like Kokkina Halia, but i want them to compete! Let's see, i agree that we will listen/see many things until end of February :P

CiprianZisu
1st February 2011, 19:54
time needs to hurry up
greece is always the second c ountry i look forward to at eurovision

EvNickGR
3rd February 2011, 14:35
Kokkina Halia will compete in National Final. The songs are ready and ERT will publish them next week! ;)

CiprianZisu
3rd February 2011, 15:00
why next week? can they not hurry this up a bit? lol

EvNickGR
3rd February 2011, 17:14
^I want the same :P but rules are rules...

evilperson
3rd February 2011, 20:30
The faster they release the songs the better. That whole leaking thing last year was really ridiculous.

Greekboy
3rd February 2011, 21:44
The labels have until Feb. 4 to submit the songs officially, but most of them are ready. Antigoni Psihrami confirmed in her interview with OAGE that her song is called "Its all Greek to me", and is an uptempo song.

Oikotimes is claiming that the acts will film videos in the studio of them singing their song to be presented in a TV show by ERT a week before the national final. (like in previous years)

The faster they release the songs the better. That whole leaking thing last year was really ridiculous.
If the labels and ERT are smart this year, they will keep the songs under lock and key. In past years the songs have been passed around to get opinions. (to industry people, euro fans close to ERT or the label, etc.....a dumb practice) Last year's leak happened solely to hurt Eleftheria Eleftheriou unfortunately, and it worked. I hope we won't have a similar situation this year, but I have a feeling it may happen again. The situation seems tense currently, and some people will do anything to further the chances of the act they like....

EvNickGR
3rd February 2011, 21:55
I don't think that there will be a leak this year...things are so simple...;)

And a breaking new is that Lena Aroni will present the National Final.

A-lister
4th February 2011, 00:49
Antigoni Psihrami confirmed in her interview with OAGE that her song is called "Its all Greek to me", and is an uptempo song.

Sounds good to me! :)

I don't know who she is though.

GRE
4th February 2011, 13:33
Last year group Melisses tried to represent Greece in Eurovision.
Ι think that they could have chosen this one:(and also hope that Greece could have this year a song like this)
*New videocip*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AVCxDkD1k8

Greekboy
4th February 2011, 16:21
Last year group Melisses tried to represent Greece in Eurovision.
Ι think that they could have chosen this one:(and also hope that Greece could have this year a song like this)
*New videocip*

From what had been written about the selection (before the announcements, and before the drama) ERT wanted "fresh" acts. They did not want acts that were associated to past Greek selection procedures, especially the 2010 NF. Plus Melisses are on Universal, who chose to remain out of the selection this year. :p Also "Lonely Heart" is from their debut album released last March, well before the EBU deadlines. :D

GRE
4th February 2011, 17:37
The first time i have seen the group Kokkina halia,was at the audition of x-factor.
Have a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-0hGx0kdQ

Greekboy
4th February 2011, 22:23
Valanto met with "eurovisionfanclub.gr". http://www.eurovisionfanclub.gr/wordpress/?p=2882

She said her song will be a power ballad, and will most likely be half Greek, half English. (I wonder if the rumors of ERT demanding half Greek/half English are true, since she had said from the beginning she wanted an English song) She also said for the NF she will be styled by Konstantinos Koutsomihos.

EvNickGR
5th February 2011, 01:25
Breaking News

Nikki Ponte has left X-Factor today, and came 3rd! Nikki now she will prepare her song for National Final to be held end of February! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9DEy2R29kc

A-lister
5th February 2011, 02:37
The first time i have seen the group Kokkina halia,was at the audition of x-factor.
Have a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-0hGx0kdQ

I'm sorry but I don't like this group. They can sing offcourse, but i've listened to some of their songs now, and it's just too much teen-music for my taste. Sort of like Greek version of Busted/McFly.

Andorra send something like this in 2007, and it didn't work out too well. This style was popular in late 90's/early 00's.. not so much anymore.

A-lister
5th February 2011, 02:40
Valanto met with "eurovisionfanclub.gr". http://www.eurovisionfanclub.gr/wordpress/?p=2882

She said her song will be a power ballad, and will most likely be half Greek, half English. (I wonder if the rumors of ERT demanding half Greek/half English are true, since she had said from the beginning she wanted an English song) She also said for the NF she will be styled by Konstantinos Koutsomihos.

Power ballads is the last thing Eurovision needs right now imo.

So far Trimitonio and Antigoni Psihrami seems the most promising acts for Greece this year.

GRE
5th February 2011, 10:23
Power ballads is the last thing Eurovision needs right now imo.

So far Trimitonio and Antigoni Psihrami seems the most promising acts for Greece this year.
@ A-lister,
why do you attack to Greece like this?
She only said that the song is a power ballad.
Lets wait and see,maybe it will be a nice song.:)

alca
5th February 2011, 15:11
@ A-lister,

Wow attack is a big word! He just expressed his opinion. It's ok :)

A-lister
5th February 2011, 17:35
@ A-lister,

Where exactly did I attack Greece (the country)???? :/

I wrote my opinion on some of the acts and what has been said about the songs.

Can you point out exactly where in this there should be some sort of "attack" on Greece plz??

That's a rude silly statement.

Greekboy
8th February 2011, 11:51
This is a clip of the song that Theoharis Ioannidis would have competed with if ERT would have accepted his bid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxhQcbJvxI

Music is by Nikos Terzis. Apparently Stefanos Korkolis was supposed to write for him, but when he found out ERT denied his bid, he moved on.

Steffan
8th February 2011, 11:58
Not too bad that he got dissed...
This wouldn't do well...

GRE
8th February 2011, 14:21
Dont know if this info is 100% sure,but i will tell it to you:
Τhe song that group Triimitonio will performe at the national final,is composed by Nikos Terzis (1995,2001,2004 composer)

evilperson
8th February 2011, 15:02
^So it will be crap then?

CiprianZisu
8th February 2011, 16:24
that video of the promo of whoever that is, that song sucks
no offense
its bad
i expect MUCH more of greece

GRE
8th February 2011, 17:40
^So it will be crap then?
Ok in 2004 the song was not good,but i think many people like Die for you (2001).
As far as 1995,if this is crap :shock:,i have no words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFUdbkUjXO8

alca
8th February 2011, 20:16
1995's entry is AMAZING for so many reasons!! LOVE the lyrics! 8-)

Greekboy
8th February 2011, 21:38
that video of the promo of whoever that is, that song sucks
no offense
its bad
i expect MUCH more of greece

He is Theoharis Ioannidis, an actor, at least up until recently when he took part in a celebrity show and started singing. ERT denied his bid, they didn't want anything to do with him. His manager made a huge deal about it, and was (still is?) threatening to sue ERT. He is not in the running.

Ok in 2004 the song was not good,but i think many people like Die for you (2001).
As far as 1995,if this is crap :shock:,i have no words

I think when they say crap from Terzis, they are also referring to the song I posted above from Ioannidis which is also Terzis. :lol:

From what I can remember, here are all the ESC Terzis songs:
1995: "Pia Prosefhi" - Greece
2001: "Die For you" - Greece
2004: "Shake it" - Greece
2005: "Love Me Tonight" - Belarus
2007: "With Love" - NF Greece

Am I missing any others?

evilperson
8th February 2011, 22:25
^Wasn't the song by Emigre by him as well last year?

Greekboy
8th February 2011, 22:37
^Wasn't the song by Emigre by him as well last year?

Yep, forgot about that one. Thanks.

Greekboy
8th February 2011, 22:38
Well this should be interesting:

Loukas Yorkas said to www.ogaegreece.com during his fan club interview that he is excited to participate in the selection and his song entry will be very different from what we have used to. A surprise song, is what he said about his bidding entry. The song touches him personally and it is a proposal of what type of songs should Greece submit to Eurovision. Although he wishes viewers to decide upon his song, he wished all participants the very best of luck. (From oikotimes)

I was expecting him to go with a typical Greek song. Should be interesting to see what he comes up with now. I have a feeling it might be a ballad, since he said it "touches him personally"?

GRE
8th February 2011, 22:59
He is Theoharis Ioannidis, an actor, at least up until recently when he took part in a celebrity show and started singing. ERT denied his bid, they didn't want anything to do with him. His manager made a huge deal about it, and was (still is?) threatening to sue ERT. He is not in the running.

I think when they say crap from Terzis, they are also referring to the song I posted above from Ioannidis which is also Terzis. :lol:

From what I can remember, here are all the ESC Terzis songs:
1995: "Pia Prosefhi" - Greece
2001: "Die For you" - Greece
2004: "Shake it" - Greece
2005: "Love Me Tonight" - Belarus
2007: "With Love" - NF Greece

Am I missing any others?

+ 2002 To be together MLV

Scooby
8th February 2011, 23:09
Pia Prosefhi is one of the best Greek entry ever!

There is also Serbian version by Lepa Brena "Ti si moj greh" (You are my sin) :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu3_jMWCimY

I hope that Greece this year will send great song!

Greekboy
9th February 2011, 07:02
ERT has announced that the songs will be revealed in a special TV show on February 15 at 20:00 hosted by Lena Aroni.

http://eurovision.ert.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=154

b_a_k
9th February 2011, 10:29
ERT has announced that the songs will be revealed in a special TV show on February 15 at 20:00 hosted by Lena Aroni.

http://eurovision.ert.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=154

Also, it appears that audio snippets of the songs (60 sec. each) will be presented today for the first time by ERA (Greek public radio station) at 1:00 pm (local time).

Greekboy
9th February 2011, 10:59
Yep, its official!

http://eurovision.ert.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=163

They are probably doing this to avoid leaks like last year.

On Proini Meleti, they also claimed that Loukas Giorkas song is written by Giannis Hristodoulopoulos with lyrics by Eleana Vrahli. They say its is very Greek (ethnic, they actually said "laiko") and will have English lyrics.

Anyway, we are only 2 hour away!

alca
9th February 2011, 11:49
Yep, its official!

http://eurovision.ert.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=163

They are probably doing this to avoid leaks like last year.

On Proini Meleti, they also claimed that Loukas Giorkas song is written by Giannis Hristodoulopoulos with lyrics by Eleana Vrahli. They say its is very Greek (ethnic, they actually said "laiko") and will have English lyrics.

Anyway, we are only 2 hour away!

Laiko with english lyrics?! :shock: :shock: Are they kidding?

Greekboy
9th February 2011, 11:57
Laiko with english lyrics?! :shock: :shock: Are they kidding?

That is what they were claiming on the TV show. We will find out in an hour for sure. lol

Greekboy
9th February 2011, 11:57
Does anyone know where I can find a live stream for ERA - Deftero Programma 103,7 (Δεύτερο Πρόγραμμα), the radio station the songs will be on? The link on ERT's site won't work for me. It asks me to download Microsoft Silverlight, but I already have it installed, and Microsoft's site confirms that.

Greekboy
9th February 2011, 12:07
According to ERT's site, Loukas is listed as "Loukas Giorgkas feat. Stereo Mike".

adnar
9th February 2011, 12:56
Guys, is this radio the same as "ERA 2" on Hotbird?

b_a_k
9th February 2011, 13:00
Does anyone know where I can find a live stream for ERA - Deftero Programma 103,7 (Δεύτερο Πρόγραμμα), the radio station the songs will be on? The link on ERT's site won't work for me. It asks me to download Microsoft Silverlight, but I already have it installed, and Microsoft's site confirms that.

Try this:

http://radiotime.com/WebTuner.aspx?StationId=15785&

Greekboy
9th February 2011, 13:02
Guys, is this radio the same as "ERA 2" on Hotbird?
Yes.

Try this:

http://radiotime.com/WebTuner.aspx?StationId=15785&

Thanks!

adnar
9th February 2011, 13:03
Great! Thanks for answer :) Now there is some live performance on the radio. I suppose it's not the same but I will be waiting. I can't wait for the songs :)

Greekboy
9th February 2011, 13:06
Yeah it is 5 past 1, and the songs have not been aired yet. Hopefully they will after this live song.

Greekboy
9th February 2011, 13:10
Ridiculous, they said we have to wait a bit longer for the songs.....My guess is they have not arrived at the studio yet. LOL