Alcazar
Helena Paparizou (amén to that!!!)
Sanna Nielsen
Linda Bengtzing
Magnus Carlsson
Måns Zelmerlöw
Agnes Carlsson

Sweden has so many great artists but they NEVER make the right choice! :cry:
xyeah This would be a perfect line up for the final of Melodifestivalen. :D But Mando Diao, Kevin Borg or Gathania would also be nice imo.

Schlagerman1
2nd May 2010, 13:56
To be honest, I hope they change Melodifestivalen alot. I hope to see a formula like this:

2 Semifinals with 10 songs in each. The public votes forward 5 songs to the final = 10 songs final! :)

We are tired with the "Neverending Melodifestivalen" that has too many bad songs. We want less songs and all of them to be good! :)

alca
2nd May 2010, 14:17
^ Are you kidding? :P I adore those six weeks full of music! Even if there are many bad songs, the shows are great! :D

94ayd
2nd May 2010, 14:27
I'd rather see a new system, too. There was nothing to see this year - really bad music and it took SOOO long. :lol:

imno12u
3rd May 2010, 18:38
Miike Snow

wittgenstein
3rd May 2010, 18:55
ROBYN

alca
3rd May 2010, 23:38
OK here's the bomb: K E N T ! ! !
But I seriously doubt that Europe will appreciate Kent's marvellous music! :(

ithanspain
4th May 2010, 02:25
MANS ZELMELRÖW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

wittgenstein
5th May 2010, 10:04
I'd rather see a new system, too. There was nothing to see this year - really bad music and it tool SOOO long. :lol:

totally agree.

wittgenstein
5th May 2010, 10:07
Alcazar
Sanna Nielsen
Linda Bengtzing
Magnus Carlsson
Måns Zelmerlöw
Agnes Carlsson

oh please. none of them except agnes.
this is the problem with swedish melodifestivalen - the same artist coming back again and again.
with the same songs again and again.

i hope 2011 will be the year when all participants has to be newcomers in melodifestivalen.

Schlagerman1
5th May 2010, 12:20
^ Agree with Wittgenstein. Something young, fresh and different and not just Kempe, G:son and the same songwriters all over again.

I would like to see a new artist that just comes in on MF and takes the stage like noone ever done before, with a new style and a great song. Then we maybe have a real shot in ESC 2011! :)

wittgenstein
5th May 2010, 12:21
^ Agree with Wittgenstein. Something young, fresh and different and not just Kempe, G:son and the same songwriters all over again.

I would like to see a new artist that just comes in on MF and takes the stage like noone ever done before, with a new style and a great song. Then we maybe have a real shot in ESC 2011! :)

yeah! :D

Let's lobby.

94ayd
5th May 2010, 13:24
Adiam Dymott. :mrgreen:

Milos-BC
6th May 2010, 23:33
Mans, BWO (i heard that the singer left the group :( ), Marie Serneholt (her song was awesome last year, too bad she failed), Sanna Nielsen would all be great. Oh, and Eric Saade too :D

alca
7th May 2010, 18:00
Alcazar
Sanna Nielsen
Linda Bengtzing
Magnus Carlsson
Måns Zelmerlöw
Agnes Carlsson

oh please. none of them except agnes.
this is the problem with swedish melodifestivalen - the same artist coming back again and again.
with the same songs again and again.

i hope 2011 will be the year when all participants has to be newcomers in melodifestivalen.

They are here every year coz they never got the chance to represent Sweden! Måns was the best choice for 2007! Sanna in 2008 (she won the OGAE Second Chance Contest), Alcazar in 2009 (2nd in OGAE Second chance -- 1st in 2003 and 2005).

It's not the artists that should be changed. It's the composers and the writers that should stop participating in Melodifestivalen.

Or as I said: Send KENT! 8-)

Schlagerman1
9th May 2010, 00:06
^
Of the ones that you listed, Sanna Nielsen and Måns are big possibilities for a win in the next years. Still the question remains if Sanna could get a song like "Empty Room" or if Måns can get one like "Cara Mia", since his "Hope & Glory" weren't good enough.

Alcazar is good, but they are starting to get repetive + Stay The Night were possibly in the wrong year..would have been better to have that song this year...

Helena could of course win MF, but I would personally skip that, cause she might fail when she comes to ESC. Except maybe You, Greeks and Cyprus, who would like to see her again..not many countries I believe.

Magnus Carlsson is too old for MF/ESC if you ask me. His chance were "Live Forever" in 07, but he got unlucky when he got sick.

Agnes is in America at the moment, and won't be back until a few years time...I hardly believe though that she'll ever be in MF again.

And Kent..if they would be in MF, they would by deafult win I believe, though they are a group that is too far away from MF I believe. But maybe Jocke Berg (The singer) as a songwriter, could possibly work maybe...;)

alca
9th May 2010, 21:10
^ About Helena. I don't want her to represent Sweden just because I want to see her competing again. I want her to represent Sweden coz I want Sweden to reach 5 victories in the history of the ESC! :)

Yeah I know that Kent aren't interested in ESC :( And as I said, Europe wouldn't appreciate their music...

DoctorX
13th May 2010, 16:27
BWO to come back and get the ticket this time... :D

Matt
13th May 2010, 16:32
BWO would be fantastic. Did they ever comment on if they would try out again? They failed so many times so I wouldn't be shocked if they're done with MF.

KilledByShoes
24th May 2010, 21:14
There's no real chance of him taking part in Melodifestivalen and I'm not sure his music is the kind for ESC but still, Moto Boy is my favourite Swedish singer.

wittgenstein
24th May 2010, 21:16
There's no real chance of him taking part in Melodifestivalen and I'm not sure his music is the kind for ESC but still, Moto Boy is my favourite Swedish singer.

yes! moto boy. then i would be proud for once.

ithanspain
25th May 2010, 11:22
When Sweden will permit Mans Zelmerlöw to go Eurovision???? :mrgreen:

Margerita86
25th May 2010, 16:51
I don't really care if we have old or new performs in Melodifestivalen next year.
I just want some new song writers with some really good songs to go with them.

Cause not even the most fabulouse performer can help an awful song really.

Maleandro
25th May 2010, 17:07
-

Margerita86
28th May 2010, 00:51
Ok, after this years failure I want something uptempo and very catchy, anyone who can deliver? :D

Anjeza
28th May 2010, 00:56
Ok, after this years failure I want something uptempo and very catchy, anyone who can deliver? :D

I don't care about the song, but send Måns finally!!!

Margerita86
28th May 2010, 01:05

I don't care about the song, but send Måns finally!!!
If he send something like Cara mia sure, I want something not Schlager, uptempo and somewhat modern.
I honestly only care that performer is competent I want a good song.

FallenAngelII
28th May 2010, 16:34
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126071180751471

Get Christer Björkman out of my Eurovision now! My God he's an eyesore. He's responsible for the past few years' fiascos and he's clearly incompetent because every single year, he thinks Sweden's going to do well with what anyone with half a brain knows is garbage.

evilperson
29th May 2010, 08:53
I have a feeling Carola is the evil genius behind Sweden's recent failures! She's so plotting a plan of attack for an upcoming Melodifestivalen! :lol:

Her main pitch being the last Swedish top 10 result! Never say never!

Margerita86
29th May 2010, 15:47
I have a feeling Carola is the evil genius behind Sweden's recent failures! She's so plotting a plan of attack for an upcoming Melodifestivalen! :lol:

Her main pitch being the last Swedish top 10 result! Never say never!
The fact that Carola had a very energetic performance helped her a great deal.
No standing still swaying there hehe...

alca
29th May 2010, 16:32
Carola's song was the best in 2006. It was my winner! :D

LadyInTheMirror
29th May 2010, 19:25
Carola's song was the best in 2006. It was my winner! :D

It was my winner too! :) hope she tries again..

alca
29th May 2010, 21:33
Even though she's one of my favourite artists, I don't want to see her again in ESC. 3 times are more than enough especially if you won the contest once. She had 3 great results and I'm afraid if she comes back she'll flop. I think eurofans had enough of her. :roll:

Margerita86
29th May 2010, 21:48
Ok, they revealed in our pre-show that Eric Saade will present our votes tonight. I wonder how that will go.
He is also one of the members of our jury group.

Margerita86
29th May 2010, 21:49
Even though she's one of my favourite artists, I don't want to see her again in ESC. 3 times are more than enough especially if you won the contest once. She had 3 great results and I'm afraid if she comes back she'll flop. I think eurofans had enough of her. :roll:
Especially since she has already had a flop here in Sweden when she tried last time.

alca
29th May 2010, 22:00
Yeah that too! It would be harder to win MF than ESC...

Deltage
30th May 2010, 04:57
Who exactly are the songwriters/producers involved in MF? Since Sweden has a history of having lots of great producers and apparently it's continuing since several songs in ESC this year were written by Swedes.

Margerita86
30th May 2010, 05:46
The most common ones when it comes to songwriters these last few years has been Fredrik Kempe, Bobby Ljunggren, Tony Nilsson, Thomas G:son, Ingela "Pling" Forsman, Marcos Ubeda, Alexander Bard, Anders Hansson and probably more that were not in wikipedia, they only had full info on all who wrote the songs in 2008, 2009 and this year. But alot of the names was the same all 3 years.

evilperson
30th May 2010, 05:48
Well they are seriously going to have to reconsider how they conduct Melodifestivalen when the 2010 Danish song (which is an MF reject) not only comfortably qualified from the same semifinal as Sweden, but also ended up in 4th place in the final.

Deltage
30th May 2010, 06:44
Well, from what I've noticed people's main problem with MF seems to be that its songs are old fashioned and similar. I haven't followed MF at all, so I don't know about that, but I think that the Swedish song this year was definitely better and more original than the Danish one.

The most common ones when it comes to songwriters these last few years has been Fredrik Kempe, Bobby Ljunggren, Tony Nilsson, Thomas G:son, Ingela "Pling" Forsman, Marcos Ubeda, Alexander Bard, Anders Hansson and probably more that were not in wikipedia, they only had full info on all who wrote the songs in 2008, 2009 and this year. But alot of the names was the same all 3 years.

I don't seem to recognize any of those names (apart from some who I know from ESC). Oh well, I doubt that the producers who work with for example US pop artists want to take part in ESC anyway. It's probably the same like with popular singers or bands.

Sim
30th May 2010, 07:29
Good luck sweden,;)

Margerita86
30th May 2010, 20:50
Good luck sweden,;)
Thank you, we might just need it :lol:
Good luck to you guys to with your new process of selection.

A-lister
30th May 2010, 22:49
The problem is that the people behind Melodifestivalen aren't willing moving with the times, they are always two steps behind, it's all about friendship between organizers and songwriters and we always see the same old BAD songwriters every year...

Sweden has soo much good producers, songwriters etc. and Melodifestivalen has clearly not been representative of ACTUAL modern music coming out of Sweden... I mean we're the country of producers like Bloodshy & Avant (Britney, Madonna), RedOne (Lady Gaga), Max Martin (Britney, Katy Perry) etc. etc.

And instead they chose some crappy schlager songwriters to represent us...

Melodifestivalen needs to realize what is ACTUALLY good Swedish music, that we're in the 10's now and not the 90's anymore..

It has to be shorter with more quality and less quantity. 2 semifinals and 1 final.. no more useless second chance round and 4 semifinals... this year was painful since the quality was sooo low and it went on for soo long..

no more Kempe, G:son etc. etc. Enough is enough already! Focus on the actual Swedish pop scene...

Fresh blood in Melodifestivalen is desperately needed and the people responsible for it not happening yet should be kicked out!

Deltage
31st May 2010, 02:28
Max Martin (like Denniz Pop and pretty much the other producers at Cheiron Studios) was one of my favorite producers with that electronic pop music in the 90's/early 2000's, but of course I'm disappointed with his new material (like most new pop music).

alca
31st May 2010, 14:12
I don't mind if it's taking too long. It's a music show and I could be watching it every Saturday all year long! But what I want is to stop andra chansen. There is absolutely no way that a singer from andra chansen will win Melodifestivalen. The best place someone took from andra chansen was the 2nd last year with Caroline af Ugglas. If the swedes loved the song so much they would send it directly to the final and not in andra chansen!

Margerita86
31st May 2010, 15:12
Besides those in Andra Chansen are usually either not popular enough to gain votes to win or had one of those slow grower songs.

paddyirl
31st May 2010, 18:18
Just vote Alcazar for once, they would do well. :D :D :D

Margerita86
31st May 2010, 18:55
Just vote Alcazar for once, they would do well. :D :D :D
I will never vote for name alone and you never should, Alcazar and everyone else would need a good song to win regardless.

paddyirl
31st May 2010, 19:01
They have had 2 amazing songs in 2008/2009.

Margerita86
31st May 2010, 19:08
Had is correct, but the past is not what matters, will they have one next year?
That is what we don't know.

Schlagerman1
31st May 2010, 19:51
We don't need popular singers! We don't need famous songwriters! We don't need to blame Christer Björkman every year something goes wrong!

What we need is a amazing song with a lot of feelings, that has a good performance that doesn't make people feel bored when watching ESC. Sweds are seen by many europeans as cold, boring, and doesn't show enough of emotions and effort in there performances I believe!
We need shorten MF, from 6 weeks, to maximum 1 week - ESC style, 2 semis and 1 final!

We must dare to win!
Das Comeback der Schweden beim Eurovision Song Contest beginnt!

Deltage
31st May 2010, 20:03
LOL, I thought that their this year's song was much better than 2008 or 2009. And it was as far from a typical ESC song as Belgium was.

alca
31st May 2010, 20:17
Actually Alcazar competed in MF only in 2003, 2005, 2009 and 2010. 8-) Not in 2008!

Matt
31st May 2010, 20:26
Andreas Lundstedt indicated though that Alcazar would not return to MF...but you never know.

alca
31st May 2010, 20:38
Well he's right. They never gave them the chance! And even though I am a huge fan of Alcazar I think that 2010's song wasn't the best choice but in 2009 Sweden HAD to send them!

Margerita86
1st June 2010, 12:29
We don't need popular singers! We don't need famous songwriters! We don't need to blame Christer Björkman every year something goes wrong!

What we need is a amazing song with a lot of feelings, that has a good performance that doesn't make people feel bored when watching ESC. Sweds are seen by many europeans as cold, boring, and doesn't show enough of emotions and effort in there performances I believe!
We need shorten MF, from 6 weeks, to maximum 1 week - ESC style, 2 semis and 1 final!

We must dare to win!
Das Comeback der Schweden beim Eurovision Song Contest beginnt!
The only year we can say we didn't vote forward a major popular singer was last year, Malena really had no big following until her performance last in our heats.

But god, I am SO tired of people both here and otherwise sugesting we ought to send x performer without realising europe wouldn't give a damn about them without a good song. And popular name does not alone a good song make.

Sim
1st June 2010, 12:31
Viewing figures: 1.3 million in semi and also around 1.3 million in final (last year 3.5 million in final)

Margerita86
1st June 2010, 12:33
Viewing figures: 1.3 million in semi and also around 1.3 million in final (last year 3.5 million in final)
Good, eurovision is still going strong, but of course some people are going to stop watch if we aren't there for the final.

Raul_Spain
1st June 2010, 15:10
It's weird how people vote in Melodifestivalen. How could them eliminate Hanna Lindblad at the second heat? Not even second chance :?

[youtube:1wp85v76]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfSSYOv45P0&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfSSYOv45P0&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube:1wp85v76]

alca
1st June 2010, 16:21
That song wasn't that good! Actually the second semi was a disaster!

Margerita86
1st June 2010, 16:26
Actually that 3rd semi was not that bad actually, but out of those that went to the final and second chance round, I would have prefered to trade out Andreas Johnsson and put Hanna in instead.

A-lister
1st June 2010, 17:19
It's weird how people vote in Melodifestivalen. How could them eliminate Hanna Lindblad at the second heat? Not even second chance :?

[youtube:f9q0dpol]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfSSYOv45P0&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfSSYOv45P0&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube:f9q0dpol]

Totally agree. Hanna deserved final... but Swedes are very conservative about this and anything that could be considered a little too sexy will get dissed, but there's alot of double standards though because it only applies to the women and not guys performing... but we're the land of double standards in general so no surprise really :lol:

alca
1st June 2010, 18:03
Actually that 3rd semi was not that bad actually, but out of those that went to the final and second chance round, I would have prefered to trade out Andreas Johnsson and put Hanna in instead.
2nd actually ;) :)

94ayd
1st June 2010, 22:33

[youtube:200r5vit]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfSSYOv45P0&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfSSYOv45P0&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube:200r5vit]

Sounds a bit like a cover of something. It's still miles better than the blandness we saw from Anna... :| I seem to recall some really good catchy songs being eliminated very quickly and the final only included songs with absolutely no rhythm...

MrJadeEwen
1st June 2010, 23:20
Sweden need to actually send the best participant from MF... they always fail at sending them.

FallenAngelII
1st June 2010, 23:25
Sweden needs to get its head out of its behind and stop blaming everyone else and recognize that there were a lot of mistakes done with this year's entry (the biggest of which was the song itself) so that we'll stop repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again.

For Goddess' sake, when will Björkman & Friends finally realize that at Eurovision, you cannot win by simply swaying or walking back and forth unless your song is a giant super ballad?! I mean, even out disco entries have lackluster choreography. Charlotte Perelli pacing back and forth during "Hero" was a giant joke choreography-wise.

And Anna's sartorial choices. Really? She looked like a 13 yearold who couldn't decide on what to wear. And she was blatantly faking playing that guitar, she barely even moved her hands.

And stop sending either old news from the 90's (Charlotte's disco) or inexperienced newbies (Anna) who get nervous and have a lackluster performance because of it. And stop voting for what you think will work in Sweden (heck, it's not even really working in Sweden. It's not topping the charts, it never really did for more than a few separate days, getting beaten by a bunch of other Melodifestivalen artists, sometimes with entries that weren't even in Melodifestivalen (thus ensuring free publicity and airplay for said entries). You know a MF winner is a failure when it can't even top the charts in Sweden!) and then become enraged when Europe doesn't vote for it.

Either vote for what you personally like or what you think Europe will like.

paddyirl
2nd June 2010, 04:49
Well he's right. They never gave them the chance! And even though I am a huge fan of Alcazar I think that 2010's song wasn't the best choice but in 2009 Sweden HAD to send them!

I loved them both :lol:

Headlines deserved to make the final compared to some of the crap that did.

Alcazar already have fans in Europe something most of the Swedish acts in MF don't have. This lineup in Alcazar is the best yet imo, I never liked that other guy.

They would at least qualify for the final and then would probably be Top 10 in final. I can't actually name a bad song that they have released, I LOVE them all.

Also are Star Pilots still together? I loved that song "In the Heat of the Night".

alca
2nd June 2010, 13:10
Headlines deserved to make the final compared to some of the crap that did.
That's true!

Alcazar already have fans in Europe something most of the Swedish acts in MF don't have. This lineup in Alcazar is the best yet imo, I never liked that other guy.
That's a + coz the fans of any artist or group love (almost) every single song from their favourite artist. Well in Alcazar's case it would be great if Italy was in the contest! They have many many fans there! ;)

Raul_Spain
2nd June 2010, 17:12
This lineup in Alcazar is the best yet imo, I never liked that other guy. Lol his name is Magnus Carlson. I like Magnus :oops:

alca
2nd June 2010, 18:13
I like Magnus too! Actually he was the reason that I became a fan of Alcazar. :)

Norrbotten
2nd June 2010, 19:13
We really need to get a jury that sends good songs so we can choose between good songs.

Who the hell thought Idiot and Yeba would make it in Melodifestivalen?

Idiot took In a Moment like This spot? How on earth could that happen!? :shock: :evil:

DoctorX
2nd June 2010, 19:53
This lineup in Alcazar is the best yet imo, I never liked that other guy. Lol his name is Magnus Carlson. I like Magnus :oops:

Andreas likes him too :P :D

sharkan
2nd June 2010, 20:43
Amanda Jenssen/Veronica Maggio/KENT/Vincent Pontare/Ola Salo :P/Salem al Fakir

alca
2nd June 2010, 21:02
I liked Yeba a lot! Maybe it's not for the ESC but we'll never know how it would work there! :|

chikos_2011
3rd June 2010, 01:06
I think if they really wanted a good eurovision entry, they shouldve just listened to their international juries. Ola would've worked so well at Eurovision, was shattered that it didnt.

Eric Saade too, i mean I have no problems with Ana, and the guy ^^^ above who said that she didnt top the charts is wrong, she had a successful single, its just that there were performances that we're liked by international juries, listen to them! or at least give them more power than others...

FallenAngelII
3rd June 2010, 02:50
Eric Saade too, i mean I have no problems with Ana, and the guy ^^^ above who said that she didnt top the charts is wrong, she had a successful single, its just that there were performances that we're liked by international juries, listen to them! or at least give them more power than others...
She topped the single's chart... for a very short time. She didn't hang on to the top spot.

lolexo
3rd June 2010, 19:40
THE SOUNDS!!!! but they never will take part in this contest :/

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/240013/The+Sounds.jpg
http://www.gew3.org/covers/r/artists/200/the-sounds.jpg

[youtube:248lu5mv]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IAbaib2CJ5Q&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IAbaib2CJ5Q&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:248lu5mv]

Margerita86
3rd June 2010, 21:12
Regarding the Sounds even if they were intrested I have a feeling Christer wouldn't let them in regardless.

Jukica
4th June 2010, 00:30
I'd like to see September, but I don't think she'll want to take part in MF

Agnes can be amazing choice too :D

alca
4th June 2010, 11:33
I'd like to see September, but I don't think she'll want to take part in MF
Hm yeah... Actually the song "Headlines" was originally written for September but she refused so they gave it to Alcazar. But maybe she just didn't like the song. If she finds a good one she might enter MF. Who knows? :)

Margerita86
17th June 2010, 19:46
It has been reported in media that Christer Björkman is going to pick all songs and singers in Melodifestivalen next year.

Ok, it seems like Christer is going to get one last chance next year and if it fails then - no more excuses leave!

wittgenstein
17th June 2010, 21:25
^where did u read that?! :shock:

alca
18th June 2010, 10:33
Yes yes I read it too!

http://poplight.zitiz.se/blogg/yoizan/kommer-bjoerkman-vaelja-alla-latarna-infoer-naesta-ar

What can I say? It doesn't sound good to me! So I guess as Margerita86 said, this is his last chance...

wittgenstein
18th June 2010, 11:05
I dont know if its a good idea to hand this over to just one man. I think they should bring in someone fresh. it's time for good songs - not for popular artists only.

and I also think there should be only two semifinals, like in eurovision.

Milos-BC
18th June 2010, 11:07
Not a good idea at all IMO :?

sharkan
18th June 2010, 14:06
I dont know if its a good idea to hand this over to just one man. I think they should bring in someone fresh. it's time for good songs - not for popular artists only.

I hope for some popular artists which aren't connected with esc or schlager-genere. I want to see real view of swedish market.
In MF 2010 was progress in this issue and we could see Salem Al Fakir, Pain of Salvation, Crucified Barbra or Paulie - all of them present great quality. I think that Sweden and Europe as well are bored of schlager music [even if Denmark was 4th]. Look at result of Pernilla in the final or Hera Bjork in Oslo.

I'd love to see for example Amanda Jenssen, Kent, Veronica Maggio or Martin Stenmarck again.

And I hope Bjorkman see this problem and will take it into consideration.

wittgenstein
18th June 2010, 16:01
amanda, veronica or kent would be nice. but stenmarck? 8-)

alca
18th June 2010, 16:11
KENT KENT KENT!! I've said that since page 1 on this topic :P :P But I don't think they are interested in Melodifestivalen or ESC. :(

Margerita86
18th June 2010, 23:03
KENT KENT KENT!! I've said that since page 1 on this topic :P :P But I don't think they are interested in Melodifestivalen or ESC. :(
Honestly you can never be 100% certain who will enter and who won't. But Kent could be a good choice with a really good song.

Turkish97
23rd June 2010, 15:44
I think it should go Eric Saade!

DoctorX
10th July 2010, 01:02
There're plenty of changes in MF this year. First of all, SVT will accept foreign composers as long as they're accompanied by a Swedish composer. Web wildcard will be given to 2 performers. 15 songs will be chosen by SVT's jury and there will be 15 wildcards. I loved the 15 wildcards rule the most. Thanks to this rule i believe MF will gain even more quality as well as popularity. I'm sooo excited... :o

alca
10th July 2010, 10:32
As long as they keep the 4 semis I'm fine with anything!! :mrgreen: 8-)
No really, this sounds interesting! Let's hope this works! :)

andreaaaaa
11th July 2010, 14:37
I think it should go Eric Saade!
Me too. :D He would be great!

Milos-BC
11th July 2010, 14:42
Me 3 :D

Stella
14th July 2010, 23:48
I don't think Sweden will send ballads ever again :lol:
I'm sorry for Anna,she really deserved the final...
I can't wait Melodifestivalen to begin,so many good songs!
This year I liked a lot Eric Saade and Timoteij.And a song "I did it for love" but I forgot singer's name :)

Raul_Spain
15th July 2010, 19:28
Jessica Anderson

Lenalite
16th July 2010, 17:34
Måns Zelmerlöw or Timoteij !!!!

paddyirl
19th July 2010, 02:27
Pernilla Wahlgren, I am actually addicted to her last entry in MF. :D

Sway
30th July 2010, 01:13
I would love to see Erika Selin represent Sweden next year! Agnes would be cool too, or Robyn...

Matt
2nd August 2010, 16:24
Apparently Linda Bengtzing wants to return to MF, let's see if she'll return next year.

alca
2nd August 2010, 18:13
Apparently Linda Bengtzing wants to return to MF, let's see if she'll return next year.
???!!!! :D xclap xclap xclap xwave1 xfruit

Matt
4th August 2010, 16:24
Also Marie Serneholt wants to return in 2011. Good luck to her

Matt
4th August 2010, 16:26
This sounds like a far fetched rumor but according to oikotimes, Arash and Helena Paparizou may try their luck with MF next year though there are now confirmations from either artist yet.

alca
4th August 2010, 19:40
This sounds like a far fetched rumor but according to oikotimes, Arash and Helena Paparizou may try their luck with MF next year though there are now confirmations from either artist yet.
I heard about that too! Hope that's true too!! :D :D :D :D :D xwave1 xfruit

If any of these are true then we're looking at a great Mello in 2011. At least when it comes to artists... We'll see about the songs...

DominikS
4th August 2010, 20:32
Apparently Mans Zelmerlow will return to Melodifestivalen only in 2012.

Anjeza
4th August 2010, 22:17
Apparently Mans Zelmerlow will return to Melodifestivalen only in 2012.

No! xcry xcry xcry

But I hope that the rumor about Helena is true :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AlekS
14th September 2010, 11:48
Sweden: Melodifestivalen dates and venues announced
http://esctoday.com/news/read/16119

These are the dates and venues for Melodifestivalen 2011:

First semi final: February 5, Coop Arena Lulea
Second semi final: February 12, Scandinavium, Goteborg
Third semi final: February 19, Cloetta Center, Linkoping
Fourth semi final: February 26, Malmo Arena, Malmo
Second Chance: March 5, Nordichallen, Sundsvall
Final: March 12, Globen, Stockholm

As usual rumours have started swirling about which artists will submit songs for this high profile event. Last week, Aftonbladet revealed Christer Bjorkman's "secret list" with names of artists which, according to the Swedish tabloid, the Melodifestivalen top man has or hopes to persuade to give it a go this year. Among them resounding names of the Swedish music scene such as Sanna Nielsen, Shirley Clamp, Danny of EMD, Lili & Susie and Lasse Stefanz. The list also includes past Eurostars such as Nanne Gronvall and Greek Swedish Eurovision 2005 winner Helena Paparizou. Aftonbladet claim that Sara Varga, Marie Picasso, Rebound, Marie Serneholt, Le Kid, Timoteij, Sarah Dawn Finer, Elisabeth Andreassen and Linda Bengtzing are all planning or have already submitted songs. As nothing has been confirmed yet and won't be for quite some time, we will just have to wait and see.

DoctorX
15th September 2010, 00:14
The new logo looks so cool :)

http://svt.se/content/1/c8/02/14/55/08/logga-mel2011.jpg

Karlicious
15th September 2010, 00:20
I want Eric Saade, Agnes and Alcazar! Sweden please choose the best song this year! You have the best NF!

Turkish97
15th September 2010, 11:58
I want Eric Saade, Agnes and Alcazar! Sweden please choose the best song this year! You have the best NF!

same! ;)

alca
15th September 2010, 20:13
The new logo looks so cool :)

http://svt.se/content/1/c8/02/14/55/08/logga-mel2011.jpg

I don't like at all! This might look like more futuristic but the old one is miles better. This looks like a melted crown while the old logo brought to mind a crown but when you were seeing it being formed by the spotlights you were nicely surprised. They could just make the old one's colors more shiny and not bring a new one. My opinion...

Milos-BC
17th September 2010, 17:34
They are pretty similar imo. It's hard to say which one I prefer. I liked the old one, but this one is quite nice too.

Matt
24th September 2010, 14:56
A record of 3852 songs have been submitted to enter MF. I hope that's a good sign for Sweden.

Karlicious
25th September 2010, 17:03
A record of 3852 songs have been submitted to enter MF. I hope that's a good sign for Sweden.

Gosh, thats a lot :D

Cannot wait to hear them!

AlekS
3rd October 2010, 21:06
According to Poplight and their "sources" Eric Saade will apply for MF 2011.
They also asked him but he wasn't clear (duh!) but he hinted that he would like to come back (he didn't specify the year though).

aletem
4th October 2010, 01:23
And they probably gonna ditch a song like "In a moment like this". Then, Denmark might include it and it might win in their NF. And then it might end in top5. :mrgreen: :lol:

I hope for anything better than last year, even if it is a standard schlager in the type of "Hero". :D

Milos-BC
4th October 2010, 10:49
I hope Eric will have an entry like "Manboy" and win the MF in case he returns :D

I liked Anna's entry, and I still think it was VERY underrated.

A-lister
4th October 2010, 16:18
I hope Eric will have an entry like "Manboy" and win the MF in case he returns :D

I liked Anna's entry, and I still think it was VERY underrated.

"Manboy" was a song for little children. Very child-ish indeed.

Anna was underrated though, extremely so and it just proves that the juries in ESC have no taste, as we could see in some of their other chocies :lol:

alca
7th October 2010, 16:18
4 entries (http://svt.se/2.121594/1.2182352/de_fyra_forsta_bidragen_och_artisterna_ar_klara_fo r_melodifestivalen_2011?lid=puff_2182342&lpos=lasMer) of Melodifestivalen 2011 are revealed!!!
Linda Bengtzing will take part!!! YES!!!:D:D:Dxfruit

Anjeza
7th October 2010, 16:42
:lol: A song called "Me and my drum"??? But great to see Linda at MF :D

Margerita86
7th October 2010, 18:10
Looks like this years schlager quota is in already since Linda is back.
Oh well I just hope all the songs presented today are good.

Milos-BC
7th October 2010, 18:18
As per esctoday:

Today, the first four songs and artists to enter Melodifestivalen 2011, the Swedish selection for Eurovision, have been announced. Linda Bengtzing, who has competed three times already, is back with a song composed by Thomas G:son. The other three names are debuting in one of the most acclaimed national selections across Europe.

These are the first four acts confirmed to take part in Melodifestivalen 2011:

Song title: Desperados
Composer: Pernilla Andersson
Artist: Pernilla Andersson

Song title: E de fel på mig
Composer: Pontus Assarsson, Thomas G:son, Jörgen Ringqvist
Artist: Linda Bengtzing

Song title: En blick och något händer
Composer: Alexander Bard, Ola Håkansson, Tim Norell
Artist: Lasse Stefanz

Song title: Me and my drum
Composer: Teron Beal, Patrik Magnusson, Johan Ramström
Artist: Swingfly

More participants are expected to be confirmed within the next two or three weeks.

source: http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/16166

"Me and my drum" sounds promising :lol:

sysys
13th October 2010, 16:15
Swedish Web Joker contest is in full swing. Votes can only be made by swedish mobile phones via sms.

Webjoker = unsigned artist/person that is not known, over 16 years.

18 Oct the 100 first will got to next round.
25 Oct the 50 most voted will got to next round.
27 Oct the 20 most voted will go to next round.
29 Oct the 10 most voted will go to next round.
1 song is voted out every day until 5th Nov - Now 5 songs are left and they will compete in a televised show on the 8th November.

Listen and see the songs here: www.svt.se/mello

My favorites:

1. Believe in Me - Maliq - http://svt.se/2.142716
2. Get Out - Fredrk och Magnus - http://svt.se/2.143132

Schlagerman1
13th October 2010, 16:40
I have three big favorites, all three of them is just what Sweden need, modern, songs that both east and west can like and especially, feels honest and from the heart.

118 "Better Or Worse" Julia Alvgard
http://svt.se/2.142516/julia_alvgard_-_better_or_worse?lid=puff_2184248&lpos=lasMer

204 "Just A Dream" Natalie
http://svt.se/2.142399/natalie_-_just_a_dream?lid=puff_2185419&lpos=lasMer

282 "The Unchosen" Musicemia
http://svt.se/2.142173/musicemia_-_the_unchosen?lid=puff_2184679&lpos=lasMer

AlekS
15th October 2010, 13:51
according to Aftonbladet more wildcards will be confirmed by SVT tomorrow and one of them is Caroline Wennergren.

A.B.
16th October 2010, 18:29
"Me and My Drum"? :?: :?

alca
19th October 2010, 14:31
http://svt.se/2.120899/start

8 more artists are revealed! SANNA NIELSEN IS BACK!!! Yeehaw!!:D:D:Dxfruitxdancexclap

yulichka
19th October 2010, 15:50
I see Sara Lumholdt there too :) I guess it will be rivalry between A-teens ex-members with Marie participating too :D

Schlagerman1
19th October 2010, 16:34
Sanna Nielsen, Danny and Melody Club are the by far best of this line up! :)
Loreen was is Idol 2004, I liked her back then, wonder if she still is that good! :D
I liked Dilba...in the 90s though....:P
Sara Lumholdt...I don't know, but I feel that it might go as with Marie Serneholt..bad that means.

The other two guys, Simon Forsberg and Rasmus Viberg is pretty unknown to me. I remember a Simon a little from Fame Factory-seasons, but not enough to make him special in some way.
The list with the 4 that was announced before feels at least a bit better now! :)

Tribeca
19th October 2010, 17:23
Not too happy about Sara and Dilba (she was such a bitch back in the days... don't care for her musically, I don't think I've ever heard her music!) and a little scared to see that Melody Club is in!! I'm sure they'll win, I get a strong The Ark-vibe... they'll win in Sweden because the Swedes can't stop thinking: "They're big in Germany!" (are they, even?), and then we'll end at the bottom in the semi final :)

I really hope Erika Selin will compete next year, she's the kind of artist I can see winning for Sweden.

Schlagerman1
19th October 2010, 22:12
^You are not alone Tribeca, only a few hours after the announcement I got the same The Ark-warning...Hopefully the song and the show is good, but if it's not, then we can't send them.

A-lister
20th October 2010, 16:16
Hmm not majorly interested in any of the chosen acts so far to be honest.

Dilba could be interesting though.

This is her biggest (ony real) hit to date;

I'm Sorry [1996]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJTOurCTd9U

Her only other top.10 single... also a pretty good song though;

Every Little Thing [2003]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHXxzHuXlo

A-lister
20th October 2010, 16:23
...and a little scared to see that Melody Club is in!! I'm sure they'll win, I get a strong The Ark-vibe... they'll win in Sweden because the Swedes can't stop thinking: "They're big in Germany!" (are they, even?), and then we'll end at the bottom in the semi final :)

I too get that vibe BUT Melody Club ain't half as popular as The Ark ever where so I wouldn't be too scared. The problem with The Ark entry is that it was just bad and it didn't really sound like their own style, it sounded like it was compromized to fit in with Melodifestivalen.

In Sweden everyone think our acts are big somewhere lol. Alot of people still believe Robyn is #1 in the states hahaha.

Talking about Robyn... they should just give her the ESC ticket already! :)

Tribeca
21st October 2010, 00:20
Talking about Robyn... they should just give her the ESC ticket already! :)

Is she even interested? :p

A-lister
21st October 2010, 00:23
Is she even interested? :p

Nope... but one could wish ;)

She did write an entry once though... Cajsa-Lisa Ejemyr's "Du Gör Mig Hel Igen" from 1997's Melodfestivalen... which btw should have won that year!

Schlagerman1
28th October 2010, 12:35
20 songs is left in the swedish webjoker, tomorrow the bottom 5 is gone! http://svt.se/melodifestivalen

I got 3 of my top 4 left, even if the best song "Just A Dream"..looks like it has no chance in qualifying for the next round at the moment.
STUPID SWEDES! :(

Tribeca
28th October 2010, 23:07
My favorites out of all the contestants in the webjoker have been out for ages :p I liked Stand here by Ghena and Stop! (can't remember their name, but it was two boys and a bunch of beer bottles :P)

It's sad, but the songs left are still good... Eurovision quality? Nahh...

Schlagerman1
3rd November 2010, 16:18
hmm this thread is slow at updating! xD we've had two new artists ready for Melodifestivalen!

The first on is the drag artist called Babsan with the song "Ge Mig En Spanjor" (Give Me A Spaniard)
http://www.alltomstockholm.se/multimedia/archive/00005/babsan_5028a.jpg

the 2nd one is very different from Babsan. Nicke Borg, singer and guitarrist in the rock band Backyard Babies sings the song "Leaving Home".
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/12069801.jpg

And in the webjoker there are only 7 left! Two more will be eliminated and then the rest will go to the final held on Monday! Check out who is left here: http://svt.se/2.139514 :)

94ayd
3rd November 2010, 17:04
OH! A song in Swedish. ;) I hope one in that language wins and someone finally objects to changing teh language. :mrgreen:

alca
3rd November 2010, 17:06
Smells like a LOT OF SCHLAGER!!! :D :D :D
I hope AT LEAST Sanna and Linda (so far) make it to the final! I would love to see them live! ;)

Schlagerman1
3rd November 2010, 19:09
Smells like a LOT OF SCHLAGER!!! :D :D :D
I hope AT LEAST Sanna and Linda (so far) make it to the final! I would love to see them live! ;)

I like Sanna, but I hope that Linda gets to be this years fave-flop in Andra Chansen...so tired of her shouting all the time! :(

alca
4th November 2010, 20:06
I like Sanna, but I hope that Linda gets to be this years fave-flop in Andra Chansen...so tired of her shouting all the time! :(
But nooo! :p This will be my first Melodifestivalen and I want to see her live in Globen!! Hahaha Plus, I love her songs!

Schlagerman1
4th November 2010, 22:59
But nooo! :p This will be my first Melodifestivalen and I want to see her live in Globen!! Hahaha Plus, I love her songs!

Sry But I don't like her at all..xP

Only one more to be eliminated tomorrow and then we know the line up in the Webjoker final! :)
http://svt.se/2.139515/ :)

Schlagerman1
5th November 2010, 16:03
And now the we have the five finalists in the Webjoker, They are as follows (in order of placement after the last voting):

1. "On My Own" Jonas Mattsson
2. "Tusen Nätter" (Thousand Nights) Billy
3. "Better Or Worse" Julia Alvgren
4. "I Wanna Be With You" Anton & Dejo
5. "Don't Stop" Engla

http://svt.se/2.139515/ You can listen to the songs here! The final is held on Monday, 21 CET on SVT 24! :)

Megasalt
7th November 2010, 16:23
1. "On My Own" Jonas Mattsson
2. "Tusen Nätter" (Thousand Nights) Billy
3. "Better Or Worse" Julia Alvgren
4. "I Wanna Be With You" Anton & Dejo
5. "Don't Stop" Engla

Wow, I actually like all of the songs! Especially "On my own" and "I wanna be with you". First post BTW:D

AlekS
7th November 2010, 16:31
^ xwelcome
I quite like "Tusen Nätter".

alca
7th November 2010, 18:23
Elisabeth Andreassen is participating in Melodifestivalen!!! This is getting so much better!!!! :D :D

Megasalt
7th November 2010, 18:47
^:shock: A veteran! *thumbs up*

A-lister
7th November 2010, 19:44
I guess i'm the only one who is disappointed so far?

Babsan!? Elisabeth Andreasson!? Sanna (for the 11111th time)!? .. this turning out to be one campy lame Melodifestivalen full of desperate has-beens...

We really don't wanna fair well in ESC do we?

Schlagerman1
7th November 2010, 20:33
Elisabeth Andreassen..oh please give me a break.
She has been in too many times both in Sweden and in Norway...thumps down for me xdown

alca
7th November 2010, 20:57
Haha why?! I think this is awesome! OK about Bettan she competed to many times in ESC but Sanna NEEDS to get a shot! You missed a first place in 2008 but anyway...

Megasalt
7th November 2010, 21:06
I don't mind the fact that Elisabeth competed many times. Her voice is still really good :D

94ayd
7th November 2010, 22:40
Yay, I really like Elisabeth Andreassen! :mrgreen: I'd prefer to see her for Norway but whatever...

Milos-BC
8th November 2010, 10:34
I like her as well, and quite a lot, but I'll wait for the entry before giving a final word (well it won't be "final", but at least some impression :lol: )

A-lister
8th November 2010, 14:11
Elisabeth Andreassen..oh please give me a break.
She has been in too many times both in Sweden and in Norway...thumps down for me xdown

Agree!

Seems Melodifestivalen 2011 will be an even more "has-been" contest than previously years... Yawn Zzz

Schlagerman1
8th November 2010, 17:08
Starting order for tonight is looking like this:

1. Tusen nätter
Artist: Billy
Tel: 099-206 01, sms:a 293 till 72211

2. Better or Worse
Artist: Julia Alvgard
Tel: 099-206 02, sms:a 118 till 72211

3. I Wanna Be With You
Artist: Anton & Dejo
Tel: 099-206 03, sms:a 185 till 72211

4. Don´t Stop
Artist: Engla
Tel: 099-206 04, sms:a 142 till 72211

5. On My Own
Artist: Jonas Matsson
Tel: 099-206 05, sms:a 240 till 72211

Megasalt
8th November 2010, 18:25
My tip:

Jonas Matsson and Julia Alvgard -> MF 2011....
But who knows:confused:

Stella
8th November 2010, 18:56
I expect the best NF with the best songs this year:)
Sweden is the best at this part!

Schlagerman1
8th November 2010, 21:59
A webstream of the final of Webjoker is helf here: http://svt.se/2.139515/

It starts now! :)

Lenalite
8th November 2010, 22:20
I'm watching Webbjokern now and "Don't Stop" the best so far imo! <3

Lenalite
8th November 2010, 22:37
Yaay Better or Worse is my 2nd fave. I hope my 1st fave will go to MF too. (Don't Stop)

Schlagerman1
8th November 2010, 22:44
The songs that is going to compete in MF 2011 is:

"Better Or Worse" Julia Alvgard

"On My Own" Jonas Matsson

My two faves of the night, great! :)

Lenalite
8th November 2010, 22:47
1 - Don't Stop
2 - Better or Worse
3 - On My Own
4 - I Wanna Be With You
5 - Tusen Natter

My second and third places, not so bad!

Megasalt
8th November 2010, 22:51
My tip:

Jonas Matsson and Julia Alvgard -> MF 2011....
But who knows:confused:

xyeah

Megasalt
13th November 2010, 20:57
I would like to see Nordman in mf 2011. My favourite in 2008 :D

Cole
13th November 2010, 21:46
On My Own is mint! I love it!

I think it could do well in germany, as soon as I heard it i loved it

Matt
17th November 2010, 14:09
The Swedish broadcaster SVT has just announced that the 2011 Melodifestivalen tour to select the Swedish entry for the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest will be singer and ex-member of A-Teens Marie Serneholt and TV host and broadcaster Rickard Olsson. Here the Swedes once again combine a familiar face from the pop music world with an experienced media personality.
Marie Serneholt takes over presenting duties from her boyfriend Måns Zelmerlöv, who got very good critique as one of the three hosts last year. She has also taken part in Melodifestivalen as a singer in 2009, having previously been a member of the popular band A-Teens. She has previously hosted one show for SVT and has been a member of the Swedish Eurovision Song Contest preview show jury.

Rickard Olsson is an experienced TV host who has even previously worked on Melodifestivalen, the Second Chance round in 2003. The host pair will also be joined every week by a secret guest.

In other Swedish news it has been reported, that a big fan favourite from last year, Eric Saade will take to the stage again. He made his big break last year after finishing third with Manboy. The artist himself refused to confirm to Expressen he will take part, and the official confirmation will come from SVT in due course. According to the Expressen newspaper the list of songs taking part in 2011 is as follows at the moment:

Linda Bengtzing - E de fel på mig
Lasse Stefanz - En blick och något händer
Sara Lumholdt - Enemy
Sanna Nielsen - I'm in love
Danny - In the club
Elisabeth Andreassen - Vaken i en dröm
Melody Club - The hunter
Dilba - Try again
Nicke Borg - Leaving home
Pernilla Andersson - Desperados
Babsan - Ge mig en spanjor
Swingfly- Me and my drum
Simon Forsberg - Tid att andas
Loreen - My heart is refusing me
Rasmus Viberg - Social butterfly
Jonas Matsson - On my own
Julia Alvgard - Better or worse
Eric Saade - TBA

A-lister
17th November 2010, 16:58
Måns got good criticism last year? I can't remember that. Actually I thought he was a pretty bad host, but the girl was even worse.

As for these year's hosts I think they're ok. Marie is actually pretty fun and the other guy is neutral, I think they'll be better than last year.

As for the announced acts so far I have not many positive words to say, but let's wait and see.

Megasalt
17th November 2010, 20:07
Well they can't be worse then last year's hosts. Even though I thought Måns did a pretty good job the show was :?. Mostly because of Meltzer.

It's also nice to see that Saade tries again!

Turkish97
18th November 2010, 14:00
Omgg ! :shock: :o Eric Saade ! Yaaaaay xcheer

alca
18th November 2010, 15:26
Wow! Is it only me that liked Måns and Christine?!

And Saade? xdown

Schlagerman1
18th November 2010, 21:44
...I have big news....:P

The swedish singer September has rosed fame after her participation in the program "Så Mycket Bättre (So Much Better)" there 7 Swedish artist are making their own version of each others songs. Now in the swedish Aftonbladet, she says, secretly, that it 90% sure she will compete in Melodifestivalen!! Either as singer or songwriter or maybe even both!! :D
It all depends on how her schedule looks like for spring, but she says that she really would like to make "a real September-show" for the swedish public! :D

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/melodifestivalen2010/article8141859.ab

I think it is now or never for September, PLEASE PLEASE SAY YES!! xD

Matt
18th November 2010, 22:20
That would be a major surpise, as far as I remember September tried to stay away from ESC as far as possible. But that is great news indeed.

Jukica
19th November 2010, 00:53
Go September xcheer I hope she'll take part :D September would be awesome choice for ESC, one of best Swedish singers :D

A-lister
19th November 2010, 01:58
I asked for September to take part for years now!

If this rumour is true then she'll have my full support! :mrgreen: I just hope hope hope that Swedes won't be as traditional and predictable as always and vote her off! :(

September ALL THE WAY! This is the ONLY good news about Melodifestivalen 2011 so far (if it's true). This is EXACTLY the type of music Sweden should send! Fresh, party, clubby, current sound, good looking singer with good voice and stage persona!

But I wouldn't be surprised if the public will once again disappoint me and either vote for one of the tween girl idols (Danny or Eric Saade) or some other predictable stuff as pity voting for Sanna because she never won so far or something like that :(

Oh well my support is for September!

Cole
19th November 2010, 17:44
If September participates I hope she doesnt do a Kate Ryan and sing a song that is completelly different to what she usually sings

A-lister
19th November 2010, 17:47
If September participates I hope she doesnt do a Kate Ryan and sing a song that is completelly different to what she usually sings

Actually I liked Kate's song but I get your point and that's been a problem with Melodifestivalen for a long time.

Sometimes there's surprising acts looking good on the paper, then they try to compromise their sound to the perception of how an MF song "should" sound like. We had that with The Ark, Agnes, Velvet and others.

Schlagerman1
19th November 2010, 17:48
Now it seems that September is going to say no because of the lack of time having carriers in multiple countries at the same time..but I guess we need to wait til the 29th November, which is the last day to decide for her.

evilperson
22nd November 2010, 12:25
These are the songs in the first two semifinals:

Deltävling 1 - Luleå

http://cdnstatic.expressen.se/polopoly/bilder/2010/11/22/1.2222802TS1290419432805_slot100slotWide75ArticleF ull.jpg

Desperados - Pernilla Andersson

In the Club - Danny

Me And My Drum - Swingfly

Oh My God - Le Kid

On My Own - Jonas Matsson

Social Butterfly - Rasmus Viberg

Something In Your Eyes - Jenny Silver

Try Again - Dilba

Deltävling 2 – Göteborg

http://cdnstatic.expressen.se/polopoly/bilder/2010/11/22/1.2222801TS1290419403173_slot100slotWide75ArticleF ull.jpg

Elektrisk - Anniela

Ge mig en spanjor - Babsan

I'm In Love - Sanna Nielsen

Like Suicide - Christian Walz

My Heart Is Refusing Me - Loreen

Oh My God! - The Moniker

Seven Days And Seven Nights - Brolle

Vaken i en dröm - Elisabeth Andreassen

Schlagerman1
22nd November 2010, 16:52
Looking pretty good after all! :)
Many new cool names, the strongest ones being Danny, Le Kid, Pernilla Andersson, Sanna Nielsen and Brolle. The Moniker (Daniel Karlsson) was in Idol 2007, a really cool comeback for me! :D

Turkish97
22nd November 2010, 17:03
Le Kid :o

94ayd
22nd November 2010, 17:27
Yeah, they seem to be my pre-faves after having heard an amazing song by them in NSC (Adamsburg). :mrgreen:

Megasalt
22nd November 2010, 17:28
Like Suicide - Christian Walz

xparty One of my favourite artists from Sweden :D

alca
22nd November 2010, 23:19
Göteborg's semi has many strong competitors...
I am rooting for Sanna, Brolle and Bettan!

A-lister
23rd November 2010, 18:27
Out of these semis Le Kid & Christian Walz are the acts that interest me the most.

Dilba could be ok aswell and i'm curious about the song "elektrisk". As for the rest I just feel "meh".

evilperson
29th November 2010, 12:23
And the last two semifinals:

Semi 3:
Eric Saade - Popular
Sebastian Karlsson - No one else could
Sara Lumholdt - Enemy
Sara Varga - Spring för livet
The Playtones - The king
Simon Forsberg - Tid att andas
Shirley's Angels - I thought it was forever
Linda Sundblad - Lucky You

Semi 4:
Linda Bengtzing - E det fel på mig
Lasse Stefanz - I surrender
Nicke Borge - Leaving home
Melody Club - The hunter
Love Generation - TBA (produced by RedOne)
Linda Pritchard - Alive
Julia Alvgard - Better or worse
Anders Fernette - Don´t stop

A-lister
29th November 2010, 12:27
And the last two semifinals:

Semi 3:
Eric Saade
Sebastian Karlsson
Sara Lumholdt
Sara Varga
The Playtones
Simon Forsberg
Shirley Clamp
Linda Sundblad

Semi 4:
Linda Bengtzing
Lasse Stefanz
Nicke Borge
Melody Club
Love Generation (produced by RedOne)
Linda Pritchard
Julia Alvgard
Anders Fernette

^

a RedOne song? Now we're talking!

As for the rest I just wanna cry haha.

Tribeca
29th November 2010, 14:40
Oh no, seems like the only good singer in Love Generation has quit! That's sad news... and I think Red One would do better with a solo artist... like Lady Gaga. Haha just kidding :p

I'm not too excited about any artist really. I haven't heard the songs yet, but I doubt Elisabeth Andreassen, Lasse Stefanz, Babsan or Shirley and her best friends could ever win Eurovision... so my fingers are crossed for Saade and Love generation (we all love the Red One-songs, don't we? Exactly what Eurovision needs! Let's just hope THIS song is good enough, though...)

A-lister
29th November 2010, 15:23
... Elisabeth Andreassen, Lasse Stefanz, Babsan or Shirley and her best friends...

Add Sanna to that list.

The fact that these names are in makes me realize why Sweden has such a hard time in Eurovision nowadays. We're simply out of touch with time and reality.

As for Saade he looks like a kid and his public are kids. I hope we won't choose him, especially if the entry will be as childish as "Manboy" was :oops:

But he and Danny will collect the screaming tween/teen girl votes and they unfortunally got alot of say, but I don't see any of them doing wonders in Eurovision though.

Schlagerman1
29th November 2010, 16:09
I wouldn't personally add Sanna to that list, even if she had been in MF many times, she still is a pretty young and good singer that can easily sing a winning song if she gets it (Empty Room anyone?!)

Overall not a bad line up, it is pretty fresh with only 9 artitsts that has competed in MF before, which is very good! :) We can't hope for our biggest names cause they are too big for the contest, so we can't expect anything better than this to be honest. I think we got a slight chance of seeing many good songs this year, and isn't that better than loads of known names and weaker songs? :)

alca
29th November 2010, 21:44
I wouldn't personally add Sanna to that list, even if she had been in MF many times, she still is a pretty young and good singer that can easily sing a winning song if she gets it (Empty Room anyone?!)

Couldn't agree more!!
My favourites so far (as artists since we haven't listened to the songs yet)
(at random order)

Sanna Nielsen
Elisabeth Andreassen
Brolle
Shirley's Angels
Linda Pritchard
Linda Bengtzing

And as for Anders Fernette - he is disqualified! His song leaked on youtube!

A-lister
29th November 2010, 22:37

Overall not a bad line up, it is pretty fresh with only 9 artitsts that has competed in MF before, which is very good! :)

Well I found "Empty Room" pretty cheesy schlager ballad...

I agree with that it's nice to have mostly fresh names, I think a problem with MF has been to stick with all these veterans all the time.

So far out of all announced i'm most curious about Love Generation & Le Kid.

Matt
29th November 2010, 23:28
When do they usually start releasing preview clips??? I know that the MF folks like to keep them all confidential as long as they possibly can but I'm really curious about the quality of the songs.

A-lister
29th November 2010, 23:37
When do they usually start releasing preview clips??? I know that the MF folks like to keep them all confidential as long as they possibly can but I'm really curious about the quality of the songs.

Well I think previews won't start until like a week or a couple of days prior each semi, so you just have to wait. Atleast that's how it worked last year. They are known to keep it very confidential.

Matt
29th November 2010, 23:42
and the article from .tv

Stockholm, Sweden - On Monday, the line-up for the Swedish national selections for the Eurovision Song Contest was completed. The artists competing for the Eurovision spot includes Eric Saade, managing the Swedish third place in 2010 – and an entry from RedOne, the songwriter of several of Lady Gaga's major hit songs.

To be one of the world's top songwriters is not enough for RedOne. Now, he also wants to win the Eurovision Song Contest.

When the remaining half of the artists was presented for next year's Melodifestivalen, the Swedish national selections for the Eurovision Song Contest, one act stood out for it's international flavour. But not because of the Swedish girl band Love Generation, who will perform a song that is yet to be revealed. The main attention was drawn to the songwriter.

Composed with Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson
The Swedish composer Nadir Khayat, born in Morocco, has written music as RedOne for artists like Shakira, Akon and Lionel Richie. His most famous hits are Lady Gaga songs such as Just Dance, Pokerface and Bad Romance, and he has also composed several as of yet unpublished songs together with Michael Jackson.

Now, he has taken on a Swedish project with the girl band Love Generation. They will compete with one of his songs in Melodifestivalen 2011.

“He figured that Melodifestivalen was a great idea and pushed on to get this to happen,” the girls told Eurovision.tv today.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=22423&_t=International+superstar+competing+for+Swedish+E urovision+spot

Simon87
3rd December 2010, 17:50
omg where is Timoteij :(

Tribeca
4th December 2010, 03:47
omg where is Timoteij :(

It's common for young singers not to return the year after. The only ones who did/are doing that is Amy Diamond and Eric Saade... unless I forgot someone... Bubbles might have done it too, not sure (girl group from the early 2000's)

Starmania
4th December 2010, 21:25
It's quite surprising to see Linda Sundblad and RedOne supported Love Generation in the list.
I know it'll be even better than last years MF.

Matt
4th December 2010, 21:29
It has to be. MF 2010 was probably the weakest one in years, certainly since I've been following it

A-lister
4th December 2010, 22:28
It has to be. MF 2010 was probably the weakest one in years, certainly since I've been following it

Don't remind me of the disastrous MF 2010. I felt ashame, especially since people tend to say we've got the best pre-selection, that year was just awful more or less.

Ewigkeit
6th December 2010, 00:52
I want Linda Sundblad! I look forward to hearing her song

pyryniemi
6th December 2010, 18:14
I just realised there are 10 NSC artists/groups in MF this year :o

Gandan
6th December 2010, 22:59
According to me, MF 2010 was good. Only a problem, the winning song wasn't so good for ESC :? I love Sweden and I was really angry :!: -.-

I think that Salem Al-Fakir or Ola Svensson was a better choice. Or Pernilla Wahlgren xheart. Sincerely, maybe everything was a little better for Eurovision :?

However in next MF... pay attention to Eric Saade :!:

A-lister
6th December 2010, 23:09
^

Hmm, personally I think Ola and Pernilla would be disastrous choices :lol: , but that's just my opinion.

I liked our winning song, but I would have chosen Timoteij though.

Gandan
6th December 2010, 23:17
Oh yessssssss Timotej!

Kom kom kom, medan som som sommaren ännu hänger sig kvarrrr xcheer

I didn't say that Ola or Pernilla was winning choices, but maybe they could reach the final :(

Ok, maybe Pernilla not, but i LOVE that song :mrgreen:

A-lister
6th December 2010, 23:37
Oh yessssssss Timotej!

Kom kom kom, medan som som sommaren ännu hänger sig kvarrrr xcheer

I didn't say that Ola or Pernilla was winning choices, but maybe they could reach the final :(

Ok, maybe Pernilla not, but i LOVE that song :mrgreen:

I actually like Pernilla's song at times aswell, but I think it would fail in ESC though.

Actually, I partly blame the juries for Sweden not qualifying, it was just 1p and Sweden would have qualified, but they chose Ireland over Sweden...

wow you have Swedish keyboard??

Gandan
6th December 2010, 23:45
I've installed in the windows language bar swedish, spanish and chinese (and italian obviously :lol:)

åöä

En gång för allaaaaaa xlisten2

A-lister
6th December 2010, 23:49
^
:lol: that's funny

oh you know that "old" entry? I liked that one actually, pity it didn't make it to the final.

Gandan
7th December 2010, 00:11
Oh yes, I've found it on youtube... and also "Alla flickor" or "Vad du än trodde så trodde du fel" :lol:

Often I watch melodifestivalen on SVT website. It's simply wonderful!

AAore
12th December 2010, 14:59
Melodyclub!! Amen to that! :D ...

I've only heard one song, but I've been in the same limousine as them, so I hope thay win! :P Go!

Tristran
14th December 2010, 01:12
I actually thought Melodifestivalen 2010 was pretty good! Timoteij, Ola, Darin, Salem El Fakir, Hanna Lindblad, Lovestoned, Eric Saade, all good to me! I kind of liked Anna Bergendahl's song as well, but wasn't too crazy about it.

Smart move btw from Eric Saade to announce the votes of Sweden at Eurovision this year. If he gets chosen next year, he'll be a somewhat familiar face already. I mean, the reactions to this video say it all. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4xUBpkl_k&feature=related

KilledByShoes
15th December 2010, 21:55
Melodyclub!! Amen to that! :D ...

I've only heard one song, but I've been in the same limousine as them, so I hope thay win! :P Go!
Oh my, you lucky thing! How come you had this pleasure?
I like Melody Club a lot, I'm happy that they decided to take part in Melodifestivalen and I hope they win. :D

A-lister
16th December 2010, 00:29
Oh my, you lucky thing! How come you had this pleasure?
I like Melody Club a lot, I'm happy that they decided to take part in Melodifestivalen and I hope they win. :D

Well let's hope that they won't bring a "The Ark" disaster. The Ark was a band that was pretty good from the start, but won with a crap song (that was way under their normal standard) in MF based only because of their popularity. I'm fearing something similar might happen with Melody Club, kind of getting a deju vu here. I hope I'm wrong though and that they'll actually deliver something up to their normal standards.

Melody Club ain't that popular though, so I don't think they could win with a bad entry only based on popularity like The Ark did.

alca
16th December 2010, 01:09
^

Hmm, personally I think Ola and Pernilla would be disastrous choices :lol: , but that's just my opinion.

I liked our winning song, but I would have chosen Timoteij though.

I agree on everything you said!

Charly
1st January 2011, 02:28
I want Love Generation to represent Sweden :D

Turkish97
1st January 2011, 12:20
I hope Eric Saade...

paddyirl
3rd January 2011, 18:40
I hope something more Swedish, like the faux-Taylor Swift was a pretty lame attempt to capitalize on a genre that is flavor of the month.

Alcazar, Eric, Timoteji and Pernilla were better choices imho last year. I think all 4 would have qualified even Pernilla.

A-lister
3rd January 2011, 21:02
I can't believe everyone wants Eric! He is considered an act for tween girls here, no girl/boy age 16+ takes him seriously. His song was hits for kids material.

martin
3rd January 2011, 21:18
i think many want eric to win because they think he is hot maybe? I don,t think he will win because i don,t think the jury and people over 30 year old will vote for him. But we will see

A-lister
3rd January 2011, 21:21
^
He is good looking indeed, but he still looks kinda like a kid to me though and his music is also for kids so :/

martin
3rd January 2011, 21:38
agree with that

Tristran
4th January 2011, 00:26
I can't believe everyone wants Eric! He is considered an act for tween girls here, no girl/boy age 16+ takes him seriously. His song was hits for kids material.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think his music is fun to listen to and he's entertaining to watch on stage (and being 16, that was over 10 years ago for me ;)). I also wouldn't consider his songs kids stuff. Yes, his songs are not very complicated, but they're easy on the ear and just simple fun without being childish imo. Also don't think his appeal is limited to 16 year old girls if he would make it to eurovision. Didn't his song last year got some good scores from the international juries at Melodifestivalen?

A-lister
4th January 2011, 02:39
^
Ok let me re-phrase me then..

young girls and older... ehm... men

The latter aren't even interested in the music...

Matt
4th January 2011, 06:52
Didn't his song last year got some good scores from the international juries at Melodifestivalen?

Not really, he only got 6th place (out of 10) from the juries so much lower than the televoters.

Tristran
5th January 2011, 03:26
^ But that was because he got very low votes from the Swedish juries. If this wikipedia page is correct (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodifestivalen_2010) he was actually second with international juries (after Salem El Fakir), while being second to last with the Swedish juries, resulting in a 6th place overall. Anyway, doesn't really matter, who's to say where he would have ended up if he had represented Sweden last year, but I'm interested to see how successful he'd be if he goes this year. 8-)

Matt
5th January 2011, 16:02
MF Running Order

SEMIFINAL 1 - LULEÅ, 5 FEBRUARY

1. Dilba - Try again
2. Swingfly - Me and my drum
3. Jenny Silver - Something in your eyes
4. Jonas Matsson - On my own
5. Le Kid - Oh my God
6. Rasmus Viberg - Social butterfly
7. Pernilla Andersson - Desperados
8. Danny - In the club

SEMIFINAL 2 - GÖTEBORG, 12 FEBRUARY

1. Brolle - 7 days and 7 nights
2. Loreen - My heart is refusing me
3. Babsan - Ge mig en spanjor
4. Elisabeth Andreassen - Vaken i en drom
5. Sanna Nielsen - I'm in love
6. The Moniker - Oh my God!
7. Anniela - Elektrisk
8. Christian Walz - Like suicide

SEMIFINAL 3 - LINKÖPING, 19 FEBRUARY

1. Linda Sundblad - Lucky you
2. Simon Forsberg - Tid att andas
3. Sara Lumholdt - Enemy
4. The Playtones - The king
5. Shirley's Angels (Shirley Clamp) - I thought it was forever
6. Sebastian Karlsson - No one else could
7. Sara Varga - Spring för livet
8. Eric Saade - Popular

SEMIFINAL 4 - MALMÖ, 26 FEBRUARY

1. Melody Club - The hunter
2. Julia Alvgard - Better or worse
3. Lasse Stefanz - I surrender
4. Linda Pritchard - Alive
5. Anders Fernette - Run
6. Linda Bengtzing - E de fel på mig
7. Nicke Borg - Leaving home
8. Love Generation - Dance alone

A-lister
7th January 2011, 00:15
I'm having most hopes on the Love Generation act! First time in like forever that we have an internationally established songwriter/producer (RedOne) and not only (although they're unfortunally still there) bunch of people (like Kempe and G:son) who never gets any job outside MF because they are simply not good enough.

KilledByShoes
9th January 2011, 13:42
Well let's hope that they won't bring a "The Ark" disaster. The Ark was a band that was pretty good from the start, but won with a crap song (that was way under their normal standard) in MF based only because of their popularity. I'm fearing something similar might happen with Melody Club, kind of getting a deju vu here. I hope I'm wrong though and that they'll actually deliver something up to their normal standards.

Melody Club ain't that popular though, so I don't think they could win with a bad entry only based on popularity like The Ark did.
Well, The Worrying Kind certainly isn't one of The Ark's deepest songs but it's deffinately catchy and fun and I honestly don't know what went wrong. Maybe Europe just doesn't share Sweden's taste in glam ... Anyhow, Melody Club might do better if they bring another one of their utterly catchy songs to the competition. I'm really excited to see what will they do.

Oh and can I just add my oppinion on Eric Saade? I realise he's probably ment to be music for girlies and I know his songs aren't the most intelligent thing on the planet but I still enjoy listnening to them from time to time - just like I feel like watching a simple comedy sometimes. He's the kind of musician/boy I would usually despise but there's just something likable about him. In short words: I don't take him seriously but that doesn't mean I have to dislike him.

A-lister
9th January 2011, 14:38
^
Well certainly we don't have the same taste :) But that's what makes music so diverse in the first place.
I like some The Ark, but their MF song was NOT like their regular stuff at all.

Well, offcourse music can be enjoyable aswell. But I'd rather have enjoyable music for all ages than for a certain group representing my country though. I don't dislike "him", I just don't want him to represent us basically.

KilledByShoes
9th January 2011, 17:19
Luckily you don't or I wouldn't be able to enjoy your fantastic bands, haha! I love The Ark (and actually I became their fan after hearing The Worrying Kind) but honestly I didn't expect them to come in top 10 or something because I knew their song (and especially performance) weren't something most of people could appreciate. But that doesn't make them any less cool. :)

Well, that's fair enough. Let's just hope then that Melody Club will have an awesome song and a great performance to go with it so they will win instead of Eric, hehe.

A-lister
9th January 2011, 18:19
^
Personally I'm most curious about the RedOne entry (Love Generation group), Le Kid, Linda Bengtzing (guilty pleasure haha) and these two unknown ladies singing in Swedish (Anniela & Sara Varga).

Melody Club is quite low on my list so far but I'll see what they'll come up with..

The tweeny girls' favorites Danny & Eric Saade will gain alot of televotes, hopefully not enough to actually win.

KilledByShoes
9th January 2011, 19:22
Well, personally none of those is really my cup of tea although I must say that compared with majority of pop production in Slovenia they are at least of a decent quality. Le Kid are intersting, their music is lovely and cathchy and forgettable but what I really like about them is their style, the videos are quite pretty!

I have to admit I don't know most of the artist taking part in MF and am hoping for a quirky surprise.

KilledByShoes
9th January 2011, 19:26
Oh and considering that last year Eric didn't get enough votes to win and that the first two were actually artists of a quite different style I think this year your hopes of Eric not winning might come true again, heh.

A-lister
9th January 2011, 19:30
^
I'm not too sure about that. Last year he was a newcomer, now he made a name of himself so I think his chances are higher this year.

KilledByShoes
9th January 2011, 19:54
Oh, I haven't considered that. Well, maybe he will have a really good song and even you will end up supporting him. :p

A-lister
9th January 2011, 20:11
^
We'll see about that, doubt it though since it's a Kempe song (who I don't like).

evilperson
9th January 2011, 20:31
If Sweden wants change in ESC, then they should stop accepting songs by the same old composers. I don't get this whole Melodifestivalen tuning up that seems to have focused on inviting artists rather than finding better songs.

Gandan
10th January 2011, 00:51
^
Personally I'm most curious about the RedOne entry (Love Generation group), Le Kid, Linda Bengtzing (guilty pleasure haha) and these two unknown ladies singing in Swedish (Anniela & Sara Varga).

I simply love LINDAAAAA!!! <3

Gandan
19th January 2011, 15:45
http://poplight.zitiz.se/blogg/luddini/newsflash-schlagerartist-misstaenks-foer-kvinnomisshandel

Schlager artists suspected of the abuse of women

OH MY GOD! :shock:

Mackan
19th January 2011, 16:47
http://poplight.zitiz.se/blogg/luddini/newsflash-schlagerartist-misstaenks-foer-kvinnomisshandel

OH MY GOD! :shock:

It's one of the members in Melody Club, Richard Ankers, he will take a time out from the band and will not be in the semifinal in Malmö.

Stella
19th January 2011, 19:48
please send Eric Saade or Timoteij....you would have got top 5 100% if they had represented Sweden last year :)

Turkish97
20th January 2011, 18:16
please send Eric Saade or Timoteij....you would have got top 5 100% if they had represented Sweden last year :)

Totally agree !!

A-lister
21st January 2011, 00:59

Timoteij = Yes

Eric Saade = No

;)

But Timoteij are not in this year :(

alca
23rd January 2011, 00:57
I doubt if we ever see a song like "Kom" again! Sweden lost an EASY victory! :(

Gandan
24th January 2011, 15:41
Timoteij = Yes

Eric Saade = No

I agree, I agree, I agree!

I hope for a good choice...

Charlotte Perrelli, Malena Ernman, Anna Bergendahl...

and this year? Another woman? :D

starving
24th January 2011, 20:46
I agree, I agree, I agree!
Charlotte Perrelli, Malena Ernman, Anna Bergendahl...

and this year? Another woman? :D
Bengtzing!

Turkish97
24th January 2011, 20:47
Bengtzing!

Yes !