PDA

View Full Version : Қазақстан - Kazakhstan

TF100
8th December 2009, 22:29
http://flagspot.net/images/k/kz.gif

AlekS
8th February 2010, 22:02
According to the music producer of Khabar Kazakhstan will NOT join EBU in a year or 2 (financial reason) meaning that we won't see them on ESC in 3-4 years.

94ayd
8th February 2010, 22:10
At least they have that possibility from what I understand. ;) There was some controversy, I think, around Kazakhstan and Qatar. You know, due to area of broadcating or something. :lol:

AlekS
8th February 2010, 22:25
At least they have that possibility from what I understand. ;) There was some controversy, I think, around Kazakhstan and Qatar. You know, due to area of broadcating or something. :lol:
Kazakhstan has theoretical chances but they depend of politics. The current president stopped paying attention to European partnership, imo, so we have to wait at least 3-4 years, in the best case. Most def it will be longer.

I would LOVE to see Kazakhstan because if Russia could enter then Kazakhstan should do it too without any single doubt... depends of money.
btw, EBU can accept them as an exception. In any case Kazakhstan was interested indeed and they discussed financial questions etc. It's only up to them.

AlekS
8th February 2010, 22:35
According to EBU:
Active membership of the EBU is open to broadcasting organizations or groups of such organizations from:

a member country of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) situated in the European Broadcasting Area as defined by the Radio Regulations annexed to the International Telecommunication Convention, or a member country of the Council of Europe which is situated outside the European Broadcasting Area.
In order to become a member of the Council of Europe they have to satisfy all demands ie. they have to be interested in European partnership and changes inside of the country ie. ... this won't happen in the near future. It requires money and political will. Of course Khabar can't just enter EBU without agreements with local politics and businessmen etc, it's very complicated and they need time *sigh*
if they wanna solve this problem financially without entering political organizations ;) :twisted: they need a lot of money and again they should get a blessing from local politics.

Matt
11th July 2010, 18:21
Apparently the European Broadcasting Union has, once again, rejected the Central Asian countriesí request for participation in the Eurovision Song Contest. As Kazakhstan is not part of the broadcasting area of the EBU, but rather of the Asian Broadcasting Union the former soviet country is not eligible to enter, Svante Stockselius explained. The president of Kazakhstan had already announced a big concert to celebrate Kazakhstanís participation, that now will go to pot. There are apparently no plans to participate in the new Asia-Pacific Song Contest, that Kazakhstan is certainly allowed to participate in. What do you think? Should Kazakhstan be able to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest?

http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com/20 ... g-contest/ (http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com/2010/06/26/no-kazakhstan-at-the-eurovision-song-contest/)

AlekS
11th July 2010, 19:23
^ I think this news is fake.

According to their broadcaster officials they don't plan to enter EBU in the near future (see my report from Feb 9 ;) ).

The president of Kazakhstan announced their own festival. He's not a fond of European integration currently. And this new festival is for Russia, Kazakhstan, and few other countries.

And again eurovisiontimes spreads untrue info about Eastern countries. Shame on them :evil:
I'm gonna ignore this "source" from now :roll: :roll:

goktengri
17th July 2010, 19:58
Hope they will join.It would be awesome with a new Turkic country... :)

goktengri
8th November 2010, 22:59
ebUKYQKL9bA

Kazakhstan should participate with Ulytau if they will participate.

AlekS
4th December 2010, 00:30
Rumors. Apparently Kazakhstan applied for EBU membership :shock:

Not rumors. EBU broadcasted OSCE summit from Astana live 2 days ago. I think it's a proof that Kazakhstan can broadcast live via EBU.
Imo, it will be a plus for their application.

A-lister
4th December 2010, 00:32
If Lichtenstein enters and Kazakhstan, then the circle is closed and every country that atleast has some geographical part in Europe have taken part atleast once! :D

I'm all for Kazakhstan entering!

MyHeartIsYours
4th December 2010, 01:32
Id support them entering too, imo any country that is geographically or culturally part of Europe should be allowed to join :D. But after Kazakhstan, I wouldnt want any further expansion eastwards to the likes of the other 'stan's.

A-lister
4th December 2010, 01:36
Id support them entering too, imo any country that is geographically or culturally part of Europe should be allowed to join :D. But after Kazakhstan, I wouldnt want any further expansion eastwards to the likes of the other 'stan's.

Exactly my point aswell. Kazakhstan is geographically (and more or less culturally aswell) Europan to some extent.

But agree, I'm also opposed to any further NON-European (geographical) expansion. Eurovision should be about Europe, atleast that's how i view and I find it the most logical way to be.

YES, I know the rules, but doesn't have to mean I agree with them though and alot of people view it the same way.

MyHeartIsYours
4th December 2010, 01:44
Most definitely it is the most logical way, to keep the contest inside Europe. The contest begun as a way to unite war-torn Europe and I may sound slightly conservative here but I think that is what it should stay as. Uniting Europe, not uniting Arabia, Africa, Asia and any randomer who wishes to join.
If people want these countries then there should be a new contest - Worldvision - for this. Lets not ruin good old Eurovision!!

A-lister
4th December 2010, 01:46
^

100% agree.

And just the name alone says it all; EUROvision.

MyHeartIsYours
4th December 2010, 01:53
Yup!! Not EUROANDALLTHESURROUNDINGCOUNTRIESREGARDLESSOFTHEIR GEOGRAGPHYANDCULTUREvision :lol:

94ayd
4th December 2010, 10:55
Kazakhstan will be very interesting from me with both it's Russian and Asian influences. About time they entered, IMO! :)

nikolay_BG
12th December 2010, 22:12
I really want to see Kazakhstan in Eurovision. Kazakhstan has great musical business and they got my vote :)

Quent91
18th January 2011, 18:51
If they come, more points will go to the ex-USSR leader Russia and other ex-satellite countries... NO !

AlekS
18th January 2011, 18:58
^ We like our music so sue us for that! :p
YES to Kazakhstan then :D

ps. I'll pretend that I didn't see that "satellite-country" remark.

A-lister
18th January 2011, 19:37
I've got no problem with Kazakhstan entering at all. I want ALL European countries to take part in Eurovision, and since Kazakhstan is geographically partly Europe, also culturally, I see no problem with it.

Yes, obviously the so called "ex-USSR block" will be a little stronger and countries like Russia would benefit from it, but that's just how it is, I still welcome them though.

I think we would get some pretty cool entries from them aswell! Hope EBU will allow them finally so we could see them in 2012 or 2013 already :)

Darko
18th January 2011, 20:03
I would love to see them in!

AlekS
18th January 2011, 20:16
I think that their juries will vote for any European country because they want to enter EU one day, their modern culture borrowed a lot from Russia and Europe.
As for votes, they will vote for Russia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine (also our performers are popular there)... maybe Turkey/Armenia/Georgia. The rest 4-6 spots can be taken by any European country xshrug The jury will be more loyal to Western Europe, imo.

Scooby
22nd January 2011, 15:56
I have nothing against Kazakhstan on ESC

AlekS
16th November 2011, 21:23
Kazakh "Idol" show Eki Zhulduz will be dedicated to Eurovision this Saturday.

Songs: almost all ESC winners starting from Ruslana and just ESC entries.

The channel had negotiations with Ani Lorak (she can be a juror) and Alexander Rybak (as invited performer).

ps. Ulytau have just confirmed that they would like to participate in Eurovison (very much) one day.

A-lister
17th November 2011, 01:21
^
Nice to see their ESC dedication and Ulyatu would be amazing in ESC!

Unfortunately not this year it seems :( Maybe 2013?

I actually thought Kazakhstan would end up debut in Azerbaijan (since the connection between the two), but seeing there's no EBU deal yet it seems highly unlikely.

CPV4931
17th November 2011, 17:27
Nice, that the Kazakhian TW shows some interest in ESC :-)
Maybe, they will participate there one time - who knows?

A-lister
17th November 2011, 19:59
Maybe, they will participate there one time - who knows?

Oh I think they will actually, but maybe not in the nearest years though.

Sabiondo
19th November 2011, 00:49
Kazakh "Idol" show Eki Zhulduz will be dedicated to Eurovision this Saturday.

Songs: almost all ESC winners starting from Ruslana and just ESC entries.

The channel had negotiations with Ani Lorak (she can be a juror) and Alexander Rybak (as invited performer).

ps. Ulytau have just confirmed that they would like to participate in Eurovison (very much) one day.

Can you post some links then if available? :D Ulytau are awesome for ESC....°°°°°

dizzydjc
20th December 2012, 03:19
Excited to see this:

Kazakhstan to become a member of the European Broadcasting Union (http://www.bnews.kz/en/news/post/104040)

2014 debut?

A-lister
20th December 2012, 09:59
:mrgreen:

SRBIJA
27th March 2013, 23:42
I would really like to see them in! :D

A-lister
28th March 2013, 00:05
^
Me too !

Jim
28th March 2013, 00:28
Since Azerbaijan and some other countries that are not fully European or they are not at all European (geographically), I think that EBU should accept Kazakhstan in order to participate at the Eurovision song contest!

whiteshoes
28th March 2013, 00:38
Certainly Kazakhstan would enhance the contest in terms of Music, but I think there are already enough countries who give lots of points to Russia, Ukraine or Azerbaijan....
I prefer Faroer Islands and Greenland for ESC, although it would be hard for them to find proper contenders

GRE
28th March 2013, 00:40
ok then,
but i dont wanna hear you saying anything about political voting,ok?

GRE
28th March 2013, 00:41
I prefer Faroer Islands and Greenland for ESC, although it would be hard for them to find proper contenders
They are not countries,they belong to Denmark.

A-lister
28th March 2013, 02:02
Certainly Kazakhstan would enhance the contest in terms of Music, but I think there are already enough countries who give lots of points to Russia, Ukraine or Azerbaijan....

So you think countries should only be accepted in terms of who they vote for??? xshrug

Faroe Islands and Greenland are no independent states...

A-lister
28th March 2013, 02:10
Since Azerbaijan and some other countries that are not fully European or they are not at all European (geographically), I think that EBU should accept Kazakhstan in order to participate at the Eurovision song contest!

Well, I stick to my original opinion (regardless of what current EBU rules state about ESC participation... rules that I personally don't agree with).

I think that any independent and recognized state that fully or partly lies within the geographical area making up the European continent should be allowed to enter + the few non- geographical countries that have already entered the contest up until now and have been active participants. Since Kazakhstan partly is located within the geographical European continent, it would be hypocrisy not to let them in when we have other borderline cases such as Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Israel already in.

The argument that Kazakhstan should not be let in because they are a former USSR state that, because of the close ties to Russia (politically, culturally, linguistically, historically) and other ex- USSR participants aswell, therefor hypothetically would give extra points to Russia and the others, is imo not a valid argument really. While there are chances that they would end up giving high scores to countries like Russia and Ukraine, it would be highly unfair to dismiss a country just because some of us want the "right" countries to get points...

DanielLuis
28th March 2013, 02:45
Well, I stick to my original opinion (regardless of what current EBU rules state about ESC participation... rules that I personally don't agree with).

I think that any independent and recognized state that fully or partly lies within the geographical area making up the European continent should be allowed to enter + the few non- geographical countries that have already entered the contest up until now and have been active participants. Since Kazakhstan partly is located within the geographical European continent, it would be hypocrisy not to let them in when we have other borderline cases such as Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Israel already in.

The argument that Kazakhstan should not be let in because they are a former USSR state that, because of the close ties to Russia (politically, culturally, linguistically, historically) and other ex- USSR participants aswell, therefor hypothetically would give extra points to Russia and the others, is imo not a valid argument really. While there are chances that they would end up giving high scores to countries like Russia and Ukraine, it would be highly unfair to dismiss a country just because some of us want the "right" countries to get points...

Even though that's my biggest fear about Kazhakstan's participation, it's obviously hypocritical to say that they shouldn't enter because of an hypothetical situation like that.

A-lister
28th March 2013, 02:50
Even though that's my biggest fear about Kazhakstan's participation, it's obviously hypocritical to say that they shouldn't enter because of an hypothetical situation like that.

Exactly, I mean that could very well happen, and the last thing ESC needs more of is diaspora and bloc/political type of voting... but still though I doubt alot of people would say the same thing if let's say Basque Country, Catalonia, Scotland, Greenland, Wallonia and Flanders would ever become independent states and start voting for their "mother-lands" or new neighbors... so in the end I think this also has to partly do with "western" ignorance and grouping countries into different groups.

EscTurkey
1st April 2013, 19:51
I personally don't care about the points they'll give.
I just want to see them on the stage, performing their song and waving their flag in the greenroom.
Who the hell knew about Azerbaijan before Eurovision?
This contest will give them the greatest opportunity to be heard.

GRE
1st April 2013, 21:16
I personally don't care about the points they'll give.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: