PDA

View Full Version : فلسطين‎‎ - Palestine

TF100
8th December 2009, 23:22
http://flagspot.net/images/p/ps.gif

goktengri
11th August 2010, 19:50
I'm not sure that they want to join this contest or they'll be accepted.They must accept Israel and I don't think they'll accept.But i want every country if they ingenuous.

MyHeartIsYours
11th August 2010, 20:04
Definitely NO!!!
They are not a proper country, have no money, don't accept Israel and it would increase the security threat at Eurovision because of the terrorists.

ParadiseES
11th August 2010, 20:14
it would increase the security threat at Eurovision because of the terrorists.

what?? :shock:

MyHeartIsYours
11th August 2010, 20:17
Well it's quite obvious that if Palestine were in the contest that there will be a higher security risk.
I know you love them but you gotta face the facts. ;) :D

ParadiseES
11th August 2010, 20:25
Well it's quite obvious that if Palestine were in the contest that there will be a higher security risk.
I know you love them but you gotta face the facts. ;) :D
But even if there's a terrorist threat, they wouldn't go to attack Palestinians but Israel, so the supposed security risk is the same than now ;)

goktengri
11th August 2010, 20:39
Definitely NO!!!
They are not a proper country, have no money, don't accept Israel and it would increase the security threat at Eurovision because of the terrorists.

Then it will not to be organized in Palestine if they win.But it's not fair that abase a country with their economy.There are countries too which has economic problems in Eurovision.

I'm against prejudices,all the palestinians are not terrorists or its supporters.There are secular people too (You should look for Fatah,Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine,Palestinian Democratic Union,Palestinian People's Party,Palestinian National Initiative,Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine,Palestinian Popular Struggle Front)

If Palestine accept Israel,They are a proper country.It's eurovision,no politics.

Rim Banna:

[youtube:be5jau62]xHy1xpznE48[/youtube:be5jau62]

ParadiseES
11th August 2010, 20:46
Exactly. Of course they can't enter until they accept Israel. But if they ever do, I see no reason why they can't join!

goktengri
11th August 2010, 20:49
Exactly. Of course they can't enter until they accept Israel. But if they ever do, I see no reason why they can't join!

Also we can't sure that israel will accept Palestine ! ;) Maybe they will withdraw because of them.

MyHeartIsYours
11th August 2010, 21:58
Israel would still participate if Palestine was also participating because, contrary to popular belief, Israel does not hate Palestine or the Palestinians. As the Israeli Deputy Prime Minister said on BBC 2 days ago, "We celebrated 50 years of independence in 2008, we wish the Palestinians could have done the same."

Matt
11th August 2010, 22:05
Please refrain from discussing the political positions of Palestine and focus on ESC. Thank you!

goktengri
11th August 2010, 22:09
Please refrain from discussing the political positions of Palestine and focus on ESC. Thank you!

Yes.Maybe I have negative views against Palestine but I don't exclude any country in ESC.Palestine have right to participate in ESC !

MyHeartIsYours
11th August 2010, 22:24
Sorry Matt :oops:

American Andy
17th August 2010, 09:46
ANYWAY....Palestine has a national broadcaster that is an "approved participant member" of the EBU. If they want to pay the extra money to become full member, then technically, they can participate. I think they could definitely be used as a gateway to help ease issues in that area. Not all Palestinians hate Israel and not all Israelis hate Palestine.

The same goes for Kosovo, who does have a broadcaster actively applying for EBU membership. Not all Kosovars hate Serbia and not all Serbians hate Kosovo. It should be allowed to participate also, although many of the ESC countries do not recognize it as a country, either.

As I always say, when it comes to the Eurovision Song Contest, the more the merrier!

Milos-BC
17th August 2010, 14:16
^

How can Palestine's participation change any political relations?

Also, when ALL countries recognize Kosovo, then they can enter, but 'till then it is just a dream.

ParadiseES
17th August 2010, 14:34
Kosovo is not an UN member, so they still can't enter ;)

AlekS
17th August 2010, 17:21
Countries which lie within European Broadcasting (OR members of European Council) area with official TV broadcasters can enter EBU. In order to gather all necessary documents they have to spport certain standards.
I doubt that this will happen to Kosovo or Palestine in the near future.
Even if someone was UN member even if it was recognized as a country by total majority I doubt that they could be accepted. Not in this decade for sure.

MyHeartIsYours
17th August 2010, 19:48
I believe in the next few years Kosovo will join EBU and therefore Eurovision. After all, it is recognised by the European Union. :)

And sorry for my post before... I guess it was a bit too political :oops:

Israeliboy
17th August 2010, 19:49
@goktengri
With all the respect, to say that Israel will withdraw because of pallisitne? It's pathetic (I am not gonna offend you, but if you say that, you really don't know Israel in this issue)!

And for the topic, when palestine will be a country, they can join esc, but not, unless they recognize Israel (something that will take a lot of years)!

ParadiseES
17th August 2010, 20:07
THE END OF EUROVISION, OMG!!!!! :o

AlekS
17th August 2010, 21:30
http://images.all-free-download.com/images/graphicmedium/evil_admin_warning_clip_art_13387.jpg

http://www.semeistvo.by/forum/images/smilies/evil_admin.gif

Schlagerman1
17th August 2010, 21:33
Well I say what I often think about countries in ESC...if they are in the Euro Championships, then IMO they are allowed to compete in ESC.

Still, if suddenly Palestine accepts Israel and gets into ESC, then they are welcomed! :)

MyHeartIsYours
17th August 2010, 21:45
Sorry Aleks :oops: :lol:

A-lister
21st October 2010, 00:12
Not geographically nor culturally European, unrecognized territory, in conflict with another ESC country, one part ruled by a terrorist organization...

I'd say NO!

No more non-European countries in the contest unless we want to turn it into some sort of UN "peace-making" song contest FARCE!

goktengri
16th November 2010, 02:28
Palestine has a democratic and modern constitution, it would be better country if politicians would treat in accordance with their laws, but i still support Palestine cause i see that the people trying to get rid of terrorists and build a secular country. There are liberal and secular movements in Palestine.

Palestine recognizes Israel politically (even they claim sovereignty in some israeli lands, but at least they recognize them and it shows they are different from other arabian countries). Also they are closer to europe as much as Israel, so they deserve a chance.

mSwBuEmM5WQ

xlisten2 go Palestinian Folk Rock ! :mrgreen:

MyHeartIsYours
16th November 2010, 12:08
It doesnt matter what the constitution of Palestine is, it is by no way modern or democratic. It's a dictatorship of living hell where the people are denied all rights.
I dont really care whether it's secular or not (which it isnt), as far as Im concerned a religious country has just as much right to join ESC as a non-religious country. The issue here is human rights, Israeli rights and keeping a non-Westernized state out of Eurovision. Israel has long been a member of ESC so why should we let a regime which does not recognise Israel's right to exist join? Why should we let a country that celebrates 9/11 join our contest? The answer is we shouldnt and if Palestine ever joined the way it is now then you can kiss goodbye to Eurovision.
The world backed cultural isolation of Apartheid South Africa, why have different morals for the much worse Palestine?

goktengri
16th November 2010, 13:35
It doesnt matter what the constitution of Palestine is, it is by no way modern or democratic. It's a dictatorship of living hell where the people are denied all rights.
I dont really care whether it's secular or not (which it isnt), as far as Im concerned a religious country has just as much right to join ESC as a non-religious country. The issue here is human rights, Israeli rights and keeping a non-Westernized state out of Eurovision. Israel has long been a member of ESC so why should we let Palestinians who go out and massacre Israelis on a daily basis join our contest? Why should we let a country that celebrates 9/11 join our contest? The answer is we shouldnt and if Palestine ever joined the way it is now then you can kiss goodbye to Eurovision.
The world backed cultural isolation of Apartheid South Africa, why have different morals for the much worse Palestine?

It is not about what the Palestinian regime. North Korea played in world cup. Anyone didn't say that they have a dictator regime, they can't be in the cup.

Attacker is not only Palestine, Everyone saw what happened the civils in Gaza... You shouldn't be sided by saying '' Palestinians attacking, killing the Israeli people '' Government of Israel doing same thing. I understand you, cause you love israel so much more than palestine as they have more democratic and liberal laws, You are so sensitive about lgbt rights so you can ignore attacks from Israeli side to Palestinian lands easily. But 2 sides killing their people each other and first you should see that.

However, These issues about politics, Politics should stay away from Eurovision !

Schlagerman1
16th November 2010, 15:56
About Palestine joining ESC or not is actually not a question of politics, otherwise we wouldn't have countries like Belarus or Azerbaijan in the contest, two countries there democratic values is sligthy different comparing to the other countries in ESC. Problem for me with Palestine is the culture, that feels a little too much arab, not a single bit european in my opinion. Then also, I go after the Euro-qualifications in football, there we have countries like Israel, Azerbaijan, Armenia and even Kazakhstan, but no Palestine and other arabian country and thats why I don't want them personally in ESC. But if it happens that Palestine suddenly accepts Israel and are allowed to join ESC, then of course it will be fun to see new countries in ESC! :)

goktengri
16th November 2010, 16:09
About Palestine joining ESC or not is actually not a question of politics, otherwise we wouldn't have countries like Belarus or Azerbaijan in the contest, two countries there democratic values is sligthy different comparing to the other countries in ESC. Problem for me with Palestine is the culture, that feels a little too much arab, not a single bit european in my opinion. Then also, I go after the Euro-qualifications in football, there we have countries like Israel, Azerbaijan, Armenia and even Kazakhstan, but no Palestine and other arabian country and thats why I don't want them personally in ESC. But if it happens that Palestine suddenly accepts Israel and are allowed to join ESC, then of course it will be fun to see new countries in ESC! :)

I think everyone knows what i think about Arabs :mrgreen: but i want to see new countries too :D

xgood

Matt
16th November 2010, 16:47
This is not a political thread. Anything going forward will be deleted. Thank you!

goktengri
16th November 2010, 21:13
This is not a political thread. Anything going forward will be deleted. Thank you!

Sorry :)

bubblingtrue
6th March 2012, 02:26
Im sure Palestine were looking at joining at one point too?

Stiven
24th May 2018, 22:12
Okay I'm a bit late but apparently a lot of people thought that Waterford Whispers News was a credible source:
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/05/14/palestine-granted-permission-to-compete-in-eurovision-2019/
It even got Snopes involved (their first Eurovision related fact check):
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-palestine-permission-compete-eurovision-2019/

Chorizo
30th May 2018, 01:01
I would like Palestine to participate next year with a political song just for the sake of drama. 8-)

anto475
1st June 2018, 23:21
Okay I'm a bit late but apparantly a lot of people that Waterford Whispers News was a credible source:
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/05/14/palestine-granted-permission-to-compete-in-eurovision-2019/
It even got Snopes involved (their first Eurovision related fact check):
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-palestine-permission-compete-eurovision-2019/

Waterford Whispers is a national institution. This isn't the first time they've been taken seriously!