PDA

View Full Version : Which 2019 Entry Do You Not Want It To Win?

crashworld
12th May 2019, 16:20
Given we are nearing to the actual competition, coming in less than 1 week and with all entries having done their rehearsals.
Which entry do you not want it to win this year?

Let's discuss (and throw all the shades you want).

I included all 41 entries, despite we know 80% of them are not likely to win, but just putting all there in case there are some shock final qualifiers.

Citelis
12th May 2019, 16:26
Azerbaijan.

Realest
12th May 2019, 16:28
From the Fan- and Bettingfavourites ::gr::fr
Besides this, other horrible, chanceless Songs like ::lt::at::md etc..

crashworld
12th May 2019, 16:28
For me:
(1) Iceland
(2) Sweden
(3) Russia

GermanBango
12th May 2019, 16:30
::ru
The song is bland af and almost every other country would never be considered a potential winner with something as weak as that song.

Citelis
12th May 2019, 16:31
Also except ::az overrated entry voted for terrible but chanceless for win entries from ::be ::hr ::al

JonnyWest
12th May 2019, 17:42
::ru

HayashiM
12th May 2019, 18:25
Anyone except for Portugal, Azerbaijan and the Netherlands would be ok. Yeah, basically I just cheer against the favourites :-)

Zonne147
12th May 2019, 19:48
France, definitely.

Inspite of enjoying more Malta than Russia, Malta is too cheap to win the whole thing and the performance is far away from being good enough to satisfy me.

I would be ok with Azerbaijan, I have it 10 places below Malta but it's more original than Malta, so I'm ok.

Sweden, Netherlands and Italy, I would definitely be satisfied with them.

Among the others, there are only 10 entries I would accept them to win

Ezio
12th May 2019, 21:41
29/41 I don't want to win

esc87fan
12th May 2019, 21:58
France, Russia and Sweden

EscTurkey
12th May 2019, 22:03
I'm ok with anyone but Sweden. They need to learn to take risks and send sth daring, original and unsafe next year, an act that brings sth new to the table.

blue00eyes
12th May 2019, 22:05
::am ::au ::at ::cz ::dk ::fr ::ge ::lv ::lt ::md ::me ::no ::sm ::rs ::es ::ch ::uk these are worth mentioning

Pawhlen
12th May 2019, 22:12
Iīm so shocked about us topping that vote :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No seriously, why are you so scared? We wonīt win but itīs very likely with a good placing

I really donīt want to see ::is win

anaraqueen
12th May 2019, 22:23
i wonder :rolleyes:

popavapeur
12th May 2019, 23:02
mh nobody, what's wrong with y'all. you're attracted to negative things or what.

94ayd
12th May 2019, 23:26
::hr::cz::ee::ge::de::gr::il::nl::ru::rs::se::uk

A-lister
13th May 2019, 00:23
Well most of them :lol:

But looking at the ones currently top. 10 in the odds, it's a big no no to ::ru , ::az , ::fr ... the rest I can more or less tolerate as winners with different degrees of toleration :lol: extending to the current top. 15 in polls, also big no no to ::gr and ::mk ... although I don't think that any entries outside of the top. 10 odds are potential winners except for MAYBE ::cy but highly doubt it... I wouldn't mind a win for ::cy though but not expecting it...

DaFlo
13th May 2019, 00:45
From the betting top 10

::nl ::fr ::au ::is big no

::se ::ru ::it would be okay

::az ::mt ::ch would be great

A-lister
13th May 2019, 01:02
I'm ok with anyone but Sweden. They need to learn to take risks and send sth daring, original and unsafe next year, an act that brings sth new to the table.

Yeah because all the other entries are so "risky, original, daring and unsafe" :lol: :lol: :lol:

People are entitled to their opinions and taste, but seeing comments like these it's just so obvious it's country targeting and has little to do with the entries because I highly doubt people saying "all but Sweden" truly would want a ::me or ::sm victory but ok :lol: ... but I guess it's somewhat flattering in a twisted way that people expect more from us wheres other countries can get away with just about anything...

EscTurkey
13th May 2019, 01:31
Yeah because all the other entries are so "risky, original, daring and unsafe" :lol: :lol: :lol:

People are entitled to their opinions and taste, but seeing comments like these it's just so obvious it's country targeting and has little to do with the entries because I highly doubt people saying "all but Sweden" truly would want a ::me or ::sm victory but ok :lol: ... but I guess it's somewhat flattering in a twisted way that people expect more from us wheres other countries can get away with just about anything...

Of course i would set Tel Aviv to fire if ::me wins, when I said 'anybody but Sweden' I meant among the contenders (namely ::nl ::se ::ru ::fr ::az ::it)
I just couldn't be bothered to name them all.

It's not that we have astronomic expectations from Sweden. All countries send sth out of the box once in a while, but Sweden keeps on recycling itself.
And the thing is, they have a great NF with a very wide range of genres, however always the safest and the most radio friendly one gets picked. If you send sth daring and innovative to Melodifestivalen, the farthest it can reach is AC and then eliminated. Can you imagine Hatari winning MF? I hardly even see them proceeding to MF final.
Till now every year ::au and ::se were harshly criticized for going safe with songs written with a default recipe. ::au had a NF for the first time and Top 2 songs were both daring and original. As you might have realized, this year nobody is complaining about Australia. So it's not that we have a grudge against any country, nor are we so childish to get jealous of a country for its good results. Australia managed to change its vision in the contest, and so can Sweden.

Those people that are accused of being Sweden haters, I'm so sure that they all had a fave in MF who they would stan crazily and vote for it at ESC had it won the NF.

A-lister
13th May 2019, 01:48
Of course i would set Tel Aviv to fire if ::me wins, when I said 'anybody but Sweden' I meant among the contenders (namely ::nl ::se ::ru ::fr ::az ::it)
I just couldn't be bothered to name them all.

It's not that we have astronomic expectations from Sweden. All countries send sth out of the box once in a while, but Sweden keeps on recycling itself.
And the thing is, they have a great NF with a very wide range of genres, however always the safest and the most radio friendly one gets picked. If you send sth daring and innovative to Melodifestivalen, the farthest it can reach is AC and then eliminated. Can you imagine Hatari winning MF? I hardly even see them proceeding to MF final.
Till now every year ::au and ::se were harshly criticized for going safe with songs written with a default recipe. ::au had a NF for the first time and Top 2 songs were both daring and original. As you might have realized, this year nobody is complaining about Australia. So it's not that we have a grudge against any country, nor are we so childish to get jealous of a country for its good results. Australia managed to change its vision in the contest, and so can Sweden.

Those people that are accused of being Sweden haters, I'm so sure that they all had a fave in MF who they would stan crazily and vote for it at ESC had it won the NF.

Ok, I get your point although the "anyone but..." was a bit misleading considering that could have been referred to all entries (although I didn't truly think you meant that, as apparently it wasn't the case). I wouldn't say that all of those contenders you mentioned are particularly innovative either (some are more than our entry, but really ::ru and ::fr more "original and unsafe"?... xshrug)... as for ::au , they get alot of criticism from people calling it Eurotrash though :lol: , but yeah I agree that they finally stopped playing it safe for a change and I'd love the same for us trust me....

You have a good point, I do discuss this issue in the 2020 Sweden thread, as I think the problem with our choices for ESC lays in the fact that MF doesn't provide better options tbh... :

http://escunited.com/forum/threads/18792-SWEDEN-2020?p=1909786&viewfull=1#post1909786

MyHeartIsYours
13th May 2019, 02:03
Of the "favourites", France.

lavieenrose
13th May 2019, 05:39

I am trying to be happy with a Swedish win stop making that hard

anaraqueen
13th May 2019, 07:24

this san marino slander though??????

Volkisistan
13th May 2019, 09:23
Definitely France.
Yes, I understand that Bilal has a message and all. But imho Eurovision should still be about the song, for heaven's sake! Everyone seems to agree that the song is not that great and that Bilal is a rather weak singer. I'm pretty sure he's gonna make the Top10 anyway, because people are gonna vote for the message.
I don't like this direction that Eurovision is taking... If people want to judge personalities and stories, why not start a Eurovision Personality Contest? It seems people want to hear tracic life stories and express their feelings by voting for the story that touches them the most, but I would like that to not happen at the ESC.

So, I would just like to have a winner who wins because of his song.

midnightsun
13th May 2019, 15:07
Top 10 odds:

1. Netherlands
2. Sweden
3. France
4. Russia
5. Azerbaijan
6. Italy
7. Australia
8. Malta
9. Switzerland
10. Iceland

Out of them I only want Russia or the Netherlands to win.
I could also accept Italy.

But none of the rest, escpecially NOT Malta!

darkap
13th May 2019, 15:22
A big NO to Russia, Azerbaijan and Iceland - from the top contenders
Only because I wouldn't be able to attend the ESC again after skipping this year

Chorizo
14th May 2019, 01:02
Among the favorites to win according to the odds: ::ru ::fr ::se
I like the Swedish song but I prefer other countries to win in the next few years.

joao
17th May 2019, 00:40
RUSSIA

PA-LEASE

https://media.giphy.com/media/c12vYfKIs2WRi/giphy.gif

anaraqueen
17th May 2019, 01:00
i guess i can also add ::dk as they qualified :rolleyes:

Realest
17th May 2019, 09:19
Out of the Favourites ::au
I like the Song and shes Beautiful, but 1st is too much. But Top5 would be ok.