PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine UKRAINE 2020

escYOUnited
10th May 2019, 15:28
http://flagpedia.net/data/flags/w1160/ua.png

Sean
10th May 2019, 15:37
Ukraine will return in 2020 providing Sergey Lazarev does not win this year's contest. Vidbir will be held regardless

https://iz.ru/851117/2019-02-28/ukraina-otkazhetsia-ot-evrovideniia-2020-v-sluchae-pobedy-lazareva

WhoKnows
10th May 2019, 15:37
End the Vidbir nonesense and send someone internally. Khrystyna Soloviy. The Hardkiss. Tayanna. KADNAY.

Vidbir, while it might be a good program, has proven to be terrible for selecting a successful Eurovision entry. They really lucked out with Jamala vs. The Hardkiss the first year. Since then, they either pick the wrong entry or we end up with what happened this year.

AlekS
10th May 2019, 21:24
Alasania will be fired soon probably. Not sure if they get funded at all after that. Fat-ass oligarch only cares about his channels, nobody needs UA:PBC there)).

ps. I wouldn't be surprised if they select Maruv internally and she will suddenly change her mind about EBU rules :lol: The president likes her. Though it heavily depends of who's gonna become the new UA:PBC boss.

WhoKnows
10th May 2019, 21:40
ps. I won't be surprised if they select шMaruv internally and she will suddenly agree with EBU rules :lol: The president likes her. Though it heavily depends of who's gonna become the new UA:PBC boss.

Oooh, that's actually a good possibility. She better have a song that's at least equally as good though. Otherwise, the fandom will turn on her in no time. Lol.

anaraqueen
10th May 2019, 23:43
nooooo don't get rid of my fave nf :(

AlekS
11th May 2019, 22:51
Oooh, that's actually a good possibility.
She was a good possibility at such weak Vidbir this year. I voted for her because everyone else sucked even more.

As for general Eurovision...imo she wouldn't even finished in the top 3, even in such dreadful year :?
Her vocals were atrocious. + vulgar image (not in my opinion tho). The juries wouldn't even put her in the top 10.
Screw the results, she would still be my ultimate winner this year. But her disagreeing with the core EBU rules turned me off. She put her ex-USSR promo above the contest. Gurl bye, sashay away.

njdevils94
12th May 2019, 05:54
I would like to see Vivienne Mort try again.

WhoKnows
12th May 2019, 17:28
She was a good possibility at such weak Vidbir this year. I voted for her because everyone else sucked even more.

As for general Eurovision...imo she wouldn't even finished in the top 3, even in such dreadful year :?
Her vocals were atrocious. + vulgar image (not in my opinion tho). The juries wouldn't even put her in the top 10.
Screw the results, she would still be my ultimate winner this year. But her disagreeing with the core EBU rules turned me off. She put her ex-USSR promo above the contest. Gurl bye, sashay away.

I meant "good possibility" as in "hight possibility". I don't actually like the idea of it, but i could see it happening. If she goes next year, then this year's absence would've been totally useless.

AlekS
12th May 2019, 19:15
I meant "good possibility" as in "hight possibility". I don't actually like the idea of it, but i could see it happening. If she goes next year, then this year's absence would've been totally useless.
She agrees and then pulls out in the last moment again? Nah. That's too boring. I want someone with better vocals.
But I'm 100% sure that the president's channel (1+1) is going to promote someone from the Voice.
+ A lot of things can change until December/January when the new parliament votes for the national budget.

ps. 1+1 has just posted EBU's Orange Carpet live broadcast ;)

AlekS
12th May 2019, 19:30
I know that Nadya is best friends with MARUV so I wouldn't mind such exchange:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJPXs7J7JyY
(Vremya i Steklo)

A-lister
13th May 2019, 02:13
She agrees and then pulls out in the last moment again? Nah. That's too boring. I want someone with better vocals.
But I'm 100% sure that the president's channel (1+1) is going to promote someone from the Voice.
+ A lot of things can change until December/January when the new parliament votes for the national budget.

ps. 1+1 has just posted EBU's Orange Carpet live broadcast ;)

You think 1+1 will take over? Now that would be a relief, I would trust them more to do a proper selection...

As for MARUV, she is weak vocalist and the entry was so so and I think the juries in ESC would have killed it... yes I agree that there were catchy aspects in the song, and she is a good performer but she would have to have a song with more oomph and really work on her live vocals if she would even be considered a hot candidate for ESC...

Anyways her behavior in the 2019 selection was really off-putting, it was political and a way to boost her self-promo not a genuine will to go to ESC... so preferably someone who would actually want to and be proud to represent the country... although now with the new president we will see more of these "Russia-fixated" singers back in Ukraine and maybe in ESC too so MARUV would fit right in...

DaFlo
13th May 2019, 13:31
I read Vrema i Steklo I stan xheat

Michelle Andrade is probably more realistic from Mozgi tho

AlekS
14th May 2019, 00:03
Surprisingly KAZKA want to take part in Vidbir 2020. Thought they've had enough :twisted:

LastDreamer
14th May 2019, 11:19
Please withdrawn … together with Russia.

AlekS
14th May 2019, 11:59
Please withdrawn … together with Russia.
http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sangry_givethefinger_100-101.gif

https://i.imgur.com/VRnknl7.gif

AlekS
17th May 2019, 16:35
UA:PBC commentator hinted during yesterday's broadcast that we will take part in 2020 no matter if Russia wins or not.
He also hinted at presidential inauguration, basically repeating everything I've said before.

The new Ukrainian president was against this year's withdrawal, he supported MARUV and he's really competitive :rolleyes:
https://i.imgur.com/EJc2XrV.jpg

xheat

The current Head of UA:PBC won't be re-elected imho.

The new (or not) format will be discussed in September/October.

WhoKnows
17th May 2019, 16:51
UA:PBC commentator hinted during yesterday's broadcast that we will take part in 2020 no matter if Russia wins or not.

Was it Prytula? What did he say?

It probably won't be an issue as it doesn't look like Russia is winning this year. BUT, if it were to win, I think there'd be a big public backlash against participating there.

AlekS
17th May 2019, 17:14
Was it Prytula? What did he say?

It probably won't be an issue as it doesn't look like Russia is winning this year. BUT, if it were to win, I think there'd be a big public backlash against participating there.
Prytula comments on STB. It was Timur.

Also there would be people saying "let's beat them on their own soil" too. As well as "it's just a song contest".

WhoKnows
17th May 2019, 17:19
Prytula comments on STB. It was Timur.

And there would be people saying "let's beat them on their own soil" too. As well as "it's just a song contest".

Yeah, but those against it would probably be more vocal about it. If Maruv's performing in Russia was an issue this year, I can't see how they can turn around and send an official delegation to Russia a year later. Would not be a good look.

AlekS
17th May 2019, 17:49
Yeah, but those against it would probably be more vocal about it. If Maruv's performing in Russia was an issue this year, I can't see how they can turn around and send an official delegation to Russia a year later. Would not be a good look.
People have already spoken by voting 8-) People are free to like or dislike her but the choice had been made.
UA:PBC wanted her as representative and she agreed to their conditions but not to EBU's. Nobody cared about people xshrug And I don't really see why they should care about it. It wouldn't influenced TV ratings that much honestly.

This is just a song contest and listening to people who blow everything out of proportion is not the best idea.
And she would have been our representative already if her label she didn't refuse. Despite some people's opinion.
Some of our sportsmen compete in Russia and when they win :twisted: there, all those against it suddenly shut their pieholes. Because they (Finally! Hallelujah!) discover a different perspective.

EscGeek
22nd May 2019, 09:54
Again: Give me back the old Ukraine that died after your first withdrawal, and send Tayanna xpray xheart

Maruv was a good start (you screwed up anyway), but you can do even better:p

LesterMalvo
22nd May 2019, 19:35
Do we even know if UA:PBC won't apply the same rules and cause a similar drama as they did with Maruv?

AlekS
22nd May 2019, 22:49
Do we even know if UA:PBC won't apply the same rules and cause a similar drama as they did with Maruv?
Maruv said that she accepted UA:PBC rules xshrug Her label She didn't accept EBU rules.

UA:PBC should aknowledge all performers about having the Head of delegation & Universal being one of the copyright holders.

Alaska49
23rd May 2019, 23:00
vidbir is year in year out the best NF in europe and this year was literally flawless with not one bad song (and every time i read people saying it was anything less than that my blood boils lol), so it needs to stay. i just hope there are no political sheningans next year. i welcome their new comedian overlord if our outcome is a vidbir unaffected by politics. ukraine has so much quality, they can send anyone they want. i don't have a horse in this race. just come back, kick ass and regain your throne as the best eurovision country.

LesterMalvo
24th May 2019, 11:08
Maruv said that she accepted UA:PBC rules xshrug Her label She didn't accept EBU rules.

UA:PBC should aknowledge all performers about having the Head of delegation & Universal being one of the copyright holders.

Wait, what? This is definitely not what Wikipedia claims.

Following Maruv's win, it was reported that the broadcaster had sent her management a contract, requiring Maruv to cancel all upcoming appearances and performances in Russia in order to become the Ukrainian representative. After it became clear that she would be performing in two concerts in Russia the following months, Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Culture Vyacheslav Kyrylenko stated that artists who toured in Russia or "did not recognise the territorial integrity of Ukraine" should not take part in Eurovision.[7] She was also given 48 hours to sign the contract or be replaced.[8] The day afterwards, Maruv revealed that the broadcaster's contract had additionally banned her from improvising on stage and communicating with any journalist without the permission of the broadcaster, and required her to fully comply with any requests from the broadcaster. If she were to not follow any of these clauses, she would be fined ₴2 million (~€67,000). Maruv also stated that the broadcaster would not give her any financial compensation for the competition and would not pay for the trip to Tel Aviv.[9]

AlekS
24th May 2019, 21:00
Wikipedia

These are her own words: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuSYdiWgd6z/

Following Maruv's win, it was reported that the broadcaster had sent her management a contract, requiring Maruv to cancel all upcoming appearances and performances in Russia in order to become the Ukrainian representative. After it became clear that she would be performing in two concerts in Russia the following months, Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Culture Vyacheslav Kyrylenko stated that artists who toured in Russia or "did not recognise the territorial integrity of Ukraine" should not take part in Eurovision.

"I'm ready to refuse from performances in Russia. I had answered all jury's questions live.I haven't been to Crimea since 2014. I didn't abolish any Ukrainian laws. I'm also ready to cover all expenses of my Eurovision participation."

The Minister of Culture has no power to interfere into UA:PBC business.
+ he was flipped off by UA:PBC music department. In the end he was raving that we refused.
ps. Not to mention that UA:PBC is at war with the government for cutting their budget repeatedly and trying to add positive news about PM before the elections (didn't happen).

As for funding - MARUV perfectly knew that UA:PBC wasn't funded properly (again) and they never funded our performers. STB used to sponsor our performers in 2016-2018 but they stopped doing so this year. + STB used to take the majority of contract responsibilities so performers could sign a "lite" version. But not this year.

The day afterwards, Maruv revealed that the broadcaster's contract had additionally banned her from improvising on stage

UA:PBC responded by publishing the excerpts of their (fully) / EBU's contract (only the parts which were allowed by the EBU) 8-)

http://1tv.com.ua/news/channel/105106

I agree with Andy from ESCKaz - there was no "any uncoordinated split will be fined" thing and she blew it out of proportion. Also she could discuss it with UA:PBC instead of fantasizing in instagram (I blame UA:PBC in that too). ESC Techies pre-program cameras and lighting so any change of plans will ruin the performance and the EBU will ask to compensate their reputational damages. These are the EBU's demands. And it's certainly not about minor improvs such as uncoordinated split. But if she decides to change her performance right before the rehearsals ... The exact timing and description should be ready by the middle/end of March. If she values her artistic freedom more... xshrug

+ According to UA:PBC Head of music department there were only 2 UA:PBC demands and MARUV agreed to both (do not commit actions prohibited by our law & no concerts in Russia until August). MARUV confirmed that herself.
The EBU asks all broadcasters to avoid politics in May otherwise they will be fined (like Iceland). Any provocation and her wrong response to that provocation would have beeen fined by the EBU. Any serious change of plans during the broadcast would have been fined by the EBU.

communicating with any journalist without the permission of the broadcaster, and required her to fully comply with any requests from the broadcaster.
Communication with journalists is authorized by the EBU & delegations. Every delegation has a person responsible for that. "Clearly comply with any requirements and instructions of UA:PBC" - there was no "any". All requirements were listed in the contract.

And the copyright issue is from the EBU rules too. It's not UA:PBC's fault that Warner didn't want to hand their copyrights to Universal. She has already been aware of that rule since January btw.

AlekS
24th May 2019, 22:15
2 most popular suggestions for internal selection in 1 pic:

https://i.imgur.com/mG0GHQe.jpg

MARUV & Olya Polyakova.

njdevils94
24th May 2019, 22:39
That's not Vivienne Mort.

A-lister
25th May 2019, 01:29

MARUV & Olya Polyakova.

You think Ukraine will go for internal selection next year?

None of these names excites me tbh... oh well.. I know that they can both put up good stage shows though, musically it's a hit-or-miss however.

WhoKnows
25th May 2019, 05:32
While she wouldn't be my top choice, I actually think Polyakova could do very well. She has the voice, the charisma and just the right amount of camp. If she finds a song as good as Koroleva Nochi, she'd be dangerous.

With that said, based on some of the things she's said in the past, I don't see her taking part.

LesterMalvo
25th May 2019, 13:09
These are her own words: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuSYdiWgd6z/

"I'm ready to refuse from performances in Russia. I had answered all jury's questions live.I haven't been to Crimea since 2014. I didn't abolish any Ukrainian laws. I'm also ready to cover all expenses of my Eurovision participation."

The Minister of Culture has no power to interfere into UA:PBC business.
+ he was flipped off by UA:PBC music department. In the end he was raving that we refused.
ps. Not to mention that UA:PBC is at war with the government for cutting their budget repeatedly and trying to add positive news about PM before the elections (didn't happen).

As for funding - MARUV perfectly knew that UA:PBC wasn't funded properly (again) and they never funded our performers. STB used to sponsor our performers in 2016-2018 but they stopped doing so this year. + STB used to take the majority of contract responsibilities so performers could sign a "lite" version. But not this year.

UA:PBC responded by publishing the excerpts of their (fully) / EBU's contract (only the parts which were allowed by the EBU) 8-)

http://1tv.com.ua/news/channel/105106

I agree with Andy from ESCKaz - there was no "any uncoordinated split will be fined" thing and she blew it out of proportion. Also she could discuss it with UA:PBC instead of fantasizing in instagram (I blame UA:PBC in that too). ESC Techies pre-program cameras and lighting so any change of plans will ruin the performance and the EBU will ask to compensate their reputational damages. These are the EBU's demands. And it's certainly not about minor improvs such as uncoordinated split. But if she decides to change her performance right before the rehearsals ... The exact timing and description should be ready by the middle/end of March. If she values her artistic freedom more... xshrug

+ According to UA:PBC Head of music department there were only 2 UA:PBC demands and MARUV agreed to both (do not commit actions prohibited by our law & no concerts in Russia until August). MARUV confirmed that herself.
The EBU asks all broadcasters to avoid politics in May otherwise they will be fined (like Iceland). Any provocation and her wrong response to that provocation would have beeen fined by the EBU. Any serious change of plans during the broadcast would have been fined by the EBU.

Communication with journalists is authorized by the EBU & delegations. Every delegation has a person responsible for that. "Clearly comply with any requirements and instructions of UA:PBC" - there was no "any". All requirements were listed in the contract.

And the copyright issue is from the EBU rules too. It's not UA:PBC's fault that Warner didn't want to hand their copyrights to Universal. She has already been aware of that rule since January btw.

Her Instagram post doesn't exactly conduct anything against EBU, though.

I am ready to abandon performances in Russia. Live answered all questions that interested the jury. I have not visited the Crimea since 2014. Did not violate a single law of Ukraine. And also ready to take on all the costs of participation in the International Competition.
And now about the sensational contract itself, which they demand from me:
1. I am forbidden any improvisation on the stage without the approval of NTU. (Uncoordinated split, for example, will result in a fine of 2 million hryvnia)
2. Immediately transferring the copyright to the song belonging to the world label Warner Music (these rights were known before the start of the competition)
3. Accurately fulfill any requirements and instructions of NTU. (Theoretically, they can force me to dance at a birthday party with some deputy prime minister, and in case of refusal, they will disqualify me and oblige me to pay a fine of 2 million hryvnias again. Plus, compensate NTU for alleged losses!)
4. The ban on communication with journalists without the consent of the NTU. (Which completely violates freedom of speech and human rights)
And a lot of what is absurd.
In case of violation of one of the points, a fine of 2 million hryvnia and compensation of losses is still an indefinite amount.
In return, I get nothing from the NTU: not a dime of financial support, nor assistance in organizing a trip, nor, especially, international promotional support. Even I have to deal with a visa myself.

MalagaToledo
25th May 2019, 16:41
Svetlana Loboda ft Verka ft Tina Karol.

AlekS
25th May 2019, 17:59
Her Instagram post doesn't exactly conduct anything against EBU, though.

I am ready to abandon performances in Russia. Live answered all questions that interested the jury. I have not visited the Crimea since 2014. Did not violate a single law of Ukraine. And also ready to take on all the costs of participation in the International Competition.
And now about the sensational contract itself, which they demand from me:
1. I am forbidden any improvisation on the stage without the approval of NTU. (Uncoordinated split, for example, will result in a fine of 2 million hryvnia)
2. Immediately transferring the copyright to the song belonging to the world label Warner Music (these rights were known before the start of the competition)
3. Accurately fulfill any requirements and instructions of NTU. (Theoretically, they can force me to dance at a birthday party with some deputy prime minister, and in case of refusal, they will disqualify me and oblige me to pay a fine of 2 million hryvnias again. Plus, compensate NTU for alleged losses!)
4. The ban on communication with journalists without the consent of the NTU. (Which completely violates freedom of speech and human rights)
And a lot of what is absurd.
In case of violation of one of the points, a fine of 2 million hryvnia and compensation of losses is still an indefinite amount.
In return, I get nothing from the NTU: not a dime of financial support, nor assistance in organizing a trip, nor, especially, international promotional support. Even I have to deal with a visa myself.

;)

1. The EBU rules: "The stage performance shall be identical in all second Dress Rehearsals and during the live Shows."

The EBU demands detailed plan (audio, color scheme, number of people on stage, their names) /timing/technical description of the performance until March/beginning of April. I've got some of the documents from UA:PBC but I'm not authorized to publish them.
The performance in May is pre-programmed by ESC techies basing on that data.
Every broadcaster is obliged to make sure that ESC techies and performer understood each other. Changing camera angles, adding pyros, minor changes in lead/backing vocals is allowed. UA:PBC never said anything like "uncoordinated split". It's ok if she misses the camera but if she drastically changed her performance the broadcaster would have been fined.

2. The EBU rules:

PART 2 — LEGAL AND FINANCIAL PROVISIONS

2.4.3 EBU's rights and obligations

Grant of rights

The EBU is in exclusive control of all centralized marketing and exploitation of the ESC.

Without prejudice to the other rules in this Section, all broadcasting and other rights to the Shows and the ESC are exclusively owned by the EBU, to be managed centrally by the EBU on behalf of the Participating Broadcasters.
Universal receives copyright in order to publish those songs on the TV, on the radio, on the ESC official YT channel, on the album, promo etc.

3. According to the EBU rules:

"The Head of Delegation shall be responsible for:

- the national entry, including delivering all material requested by the EBU and the host broadcaster in due time;
- supervise the national delegation
The head of delegation is the point of contact between the EBU and/or the host broadcaster and the other Participating broadcasters and as such is fully responsible for all aspects of its organization's participation."

The EBU requires all performers to follow their schedule (press conferences, interviews, rehearsals, shooting postcards, red carpet etc.) via the delegation officials and there's nothing UA:PBC can do about it. They are obliged to control the performer. + there was no word "any" in the contract.

4. The EBU has their own communication pool of officials who don't give a heck if performer doesn't want to go to press-conferences or record interviews for YT channel, at the red carpet etc. Journalists have accreditation terms & conditions. Delegations are getting instructed by the EBU in a private way. + Every delegation has its own press secretary (or a HoD) who decides whether they want to give interviews or not. They can't give interviews to unaccredited media obviously. Or answer "uncomfortable" questions and get fined by the EBU. If that violates freedom of speech and human rights... xshrug
ps. Jamala talked to some aggressive Russian media on Eurovision even despite UA:PBC wasn't in awe.
ps2. Also UA:PBC sends all their press releases to the EBU first and only after that they are allowed to post ESC-related info.

UA:PBC has nothing to do with those EBU demands. Thus she disagreed with EBU rules/demands only. No matter if she made UA:PBC guilty in all deadly sins.

AlekS
25th May 2019, 18:57
With that said, based on some of the things she's said in the past, I don't see her taking part.
She will agree only if they ask her... and pay for her participation :lol:

Fierro
31st May 2019, 19:57
I honestly didn't miss Ukraine this year, I don't like to be nervous about our place as well. The one thing to regret about is that we didn't know how'd our audience and juries vote, that is always one of the most exciting parts.

I think it's a bit too early for Maruv (+ the public outrage will be huge, many people are afraid our President is hiddenly pro-Russian). I'd go with Soloviy.

BarefootBoogaloo
2nd June 2019, 00:39

MARUV & Olya Polyakova.

Superblondika!!! x12s

njdevils94
2nd June 2019, 06:04
I wonder if Viktoria Petryk will try again.

AlekS
8th June 2019, 01:27
FO SHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99dtaEnv2cc

Akine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-awFrATfC4

Khayat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmtLPyKyFNI
With a great song this time pls.

Odyn v kanoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw2nclcoFNE

The Hardkiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5nT-13zcWg
(one can dream)

Alina Pash xheya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moqT1YwMBlg

And of course ViS, alyona alyona or NK.

Loindici
8th June 2019, 03:16
Just do something effective and less demanding. The fact that most of the Ukrainian budget for Eurovision comes from their participating artist is a shame to be thought of. xbored

AlekS
9th June 2019, 01:42
It seems that Vidbir stays. Most def with the new rules and pre-selection system.

Good news for UA:PBC. The president promised to support the broadcaster and fund it fully.

Just do something effective and less demanding. The fact that most of the Ukrainian budget for Eurovision comes from their participating artist is a shame to be thought of. xbored

^

Participation fee and the voting process are the biggest parts of the budget, paid by UA:PBC.
Not their fault that their budget had been repeatedly cut in half during the last 2 years :rolleyes:
Shame is when you have money & don't want to pay. Also nobody's gonna fund someone's commercial project (which will receive all the profit after ESC) fully. It should be joint sponsorship.

Verka paid 200k for her participation (all expenses). UA:PBC paid almost 350k for the participation fee only.
Jamala paid 125k (70% co-funded by STB). UA:PBC - almost 400k.
The broadcast rights expenses are split between UA:PBC & STB.

Loindici
9th June 2019, 03:09
It seems that Vidbir stays. Most def with the new rules and pre-selection system.

Good news for UA:PBC. The president promised to support the broadcaster and fund it fully.

^The lie.

Participation fee and the voting process are the biggest part of the budget, paid by UA:PBC.
Not their fault that their budget had been repeatedly cut in half during the last 2 years :rolleyes:
Shame is when you have money & don't want to pay. Also nobody's gonna fund someone's commercial project (which will receive all the profit after ESC) fully. It should be joint sponsorship.

Verka paid 200k for her participation (all expenses). UA:PBC paid almost 350k for the participation fee only.
Jamala paid 125k (70% co-funded by STB). UA:PBC - almost 400k.
The broadcast rights expenses are split between UA:PBC & STB.

Seems I'm quite stubborn. I've read somewhere that thus is the case with most participation, but perhaps I'm wrong in that part.

WhoKnows
9th June 2019, 04:19
FO SHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99dtaEnv2cc

No thanks.

Haverdge
9th June 2019, 09:42
Send Maruv

AlekS
9th June 2019, 14:26
Send Maruv
Will EBU change their rules especially for her?

No thanks.
Yes pls xviolin Imho they're better than 80% of Vidbir semifinalists. Rap & RnB won't win Vidbir in a while tho)).

ps. Speaking of "Sho". Bring TseSho back! xcheer

Alaska49
9th June 2019, 18:52
YASSSSSSSS VIDBIR WILL BE BACK BEST NF OF ALL TIMES WILL SNATCH EVERYONE'S WIGS FOR ONE MORE YEAR

WhoKnows
10th June 2019, 16:43
OT but AlekS do you watch Holos Dity? I don't, but I've been watching some of the clips on youtube this morning.
This girl KILLED it! OMG. I've had to watch it on repeat because she's so good. Sanina needs to write her a song and Ukraine should send her to Junior Eurovision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX27XW3QUzA
Her performance starts at 1:44.

That boy who sang a duet with Jamala of Shlyakh Dodomu was also good. Although, after going through his and his mom's instagram accounts, they all seem very stage hungary. His dad is hunky though, too bad he doesn't seem to have an account. xheat

AlekS
10th June 2019, 18:44
I'm more interested in her ESC future. Will her voice stay as awesome as it is already when she grows up? My main demand for JESC & ESC is performance that fits the song, don't wanna see her flop. Sanina opened a big home studio btw so maybe in a few years she will write for someone else.

Yehor Umanets' dad? Not my cup of tea

AlekS
13th June 2019, 19:23
The Voice Kids final on July 7 will be very ESC-oriented.

Netta will perform as a special guest, as well as ::kz JESC 2018 (the previous edition winner) in a duo with her coach Monatik (ESC 2017 opening act).
As well as KAZKA, Michelle Andrade and The Hardkiss ;)

The Voice shares the same music producer with Vidbir.

Zonne147
13th June 2019, 20:02
::ua is possibly one of the countries I disagree the most with the hype built around their entries, in the last 3 years. I think Siren Song would be around 25th-30th place in my 2019 top, same with Melovin in 2018. Well, I can't say the same about Jamala, 1944 is a piece of art and one of my favourite winners.

I would like Ukraine to send a ballad this time. Their last 2 efforts were a bit disappointing for me.

BorisBubbles
13th June 2019, 20:38
When are we FINALLY getting ONUKA???

Fierro
14th June 2019, 11:20

Yes, please! Whatever she goes with it will be my favorite Ukrainian entry

Loindici
14th June 2019, 12:23

... when Eugene Filatov is not in the jury panel? But when will it be? :(

MalagaToledo
15th June 2019, 13:07
Loboda for Ukraine. They have abundance of great singers, but she needs to return to esc. :D

https://youtu.be/HtIRPP0dHQo

This video is wtf, over the top and that's the only way it should be. That's why she needs to return.

AlekS
16th June 2019, 00:08
Maruv had a solo concert in Kyiv and she performed with ... KAZAKY :o (they're back, with a new members)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrveHikZlwg

https://i.imgur.com/bPiDvgz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Wtagntm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Vc0eeyE.jpg

Vidbir music producer was in the venue :rolleyes:

WhoKnows
19th June 2019, 18:30
^Did she record any new music with Kazaky, or was it just her existing material?

On an unrelated topic... I read about some kind of conflict between Lazarev and Loboda, and something else about Barskih and Gagarina - both from a recent music awards show in Russia. Is there an uprising brewing by the Russian stars against Ukrainian stars infinging on their territory? :lol:

Kruto
20th June 2019, 04:45
Are any of the original members still in there? I like the old Kazaky. :)

WhoKnows
20th June 2019, 21:00
Are any of the original members still in there? I like the old Kazaky. :)

Based on the photos above, looks like just the one wearing a baseball cap. I think he was the creator of the original group too.

AlekS
21st June 2019, 00:53
KADNAY xheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrSautPvJcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QBtdzpWRUI

^Did she record any new music with Kazaky, or was it just her existing material?

On an unrelated topic... I read about some kind of conflict between Lazarev and Loboda, and something else about Barskih and Gagarina - both from a recent music awards show in Russia. Is there an uprising brewing by the Russian stars against Ukrainian stars infinging on their territory? :lol:
Her existing material. Kazaky will release the new music soon.

Nah, it's just after years of friendship Lazarev turns into a lite version of Kirkorov ;)

KYKO
21st June 2019, 20:27
Michelle Andrade or NK pleasseeeee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg6Mg5noK8s
(her album is coming out on the 27th)

NK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgY4a-qPxg4

WhoKnows
23rd June 2019, 17:50
I watched an interview with Nastya recently and she came off as having a pretty high opinion of herself. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I bring it up to say that unless she's internally selected, there is no way she's doing Vidbir. I can't see her subjecting herself to criticism from Prytula or Jamala only to lose to Viktoriya Petrik.

Michelle, though, I'm surprised we haven't seen her yet.

Nikitin (Kazka's producer) has a new project - GRLS. They released their first single a couple days ago. In Ukrainian. Unless they completely fail to register, I expect to see them at Vidbir in the next couple years.
https://youtu.be/5VE6QhD3m7E

AlekS
24th June 2019, 21:18
The new music video from Kazaky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUheB5lnsA0

xbow

AlekS
26th June 2019, 11:37
https://i.imgur.com/R4HSNHo.jpg

NK, Verka Danylko, Olya Polyakova and Alessandro Safina became the new X Factor judges/team leaders.

More chances that NK won't take part in Vidbir even despite it's produced by the same channel. Those who like Polyakova better hope for internal selection (which is highly unlikely at this point).

WhoKnows
26th June 2019, 14:54
More chances that NK won't take part in Vidbir even despite it's produced by the same channel. Those who like Polyakova better hope for internal selection (which is highly unlikely at this point).

Why? Is there some kind of conflict between XFactor and Vidbir?

Italian guy on the jury? How is he going to communicate with everyone on the show?

AlekS
26th June 2019, 19:56
Why? Is there some kind of conflict between XFactor and Vidbir?

Italian guy on the jury? How is he going to communicate with everyone on the show?
X Factor live shows coincide with submission period of Vidbir. That's like 3-4 full busy days per week (rehearsals, video shooting for each show, working with her team, promo work). Not to mention that she's a busy star. I bet she will start recording the new album and release the new song right when live shows start ;) , meaning corporate gigs and maybe even a tour, shooting music videos and commercials in between, promo appearances etc. + another visit to the US in January? The Hardkiss said they had no time left for Vidbir in the same situation when Yulya was a judge.

He's going to communicate via interpreter. + NK knows Italian. She lived there, you know ;)

Yoozek
29th June 2019, 03:08
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pBBzyg_m4Qs/maxresdefault.jpg

Can anyone wake this one up? What the @$&! is she thinking while creating new songs.

She had the best, the fullest package in the entire Eurovision. Up to this day.
Here are 17 reasons why:

1. She came to the natinal final with a bomb, that'd been never seen before ( 'Kukushka'). "Oh, it's too weak?" she thought and skipped a year after she's finished 2nd. Then, she came with even bigger bomb.
2. She co-wrote the song with her friend.
3. That song. That first version of it. Girl, you know if the song is good when you're already halfway through it and there's still no chorus. The more you wait, the more you're getting ready to be slayed.
4. It was 75% refreshing and 25% bringing childhood memories back with Lion King vibes. I could listen to it for days and I've searched everywhere for the instrumental version of it.
5. She loved the song. She wasn't just performing it - She was living for it.
6. She slayed. Every. Single. Note. I remember these goosebumps. It was the first time ever when I've wanted the song (hearing it for the first time in the NF) to go in a way my mind wanted it to go - and the song actually did go in that very same direction. It was mindblowing at a time.
7. She won both tele and jury votes. Since then no one did that in your NF
8. The revamp. Gathering ideas, there was some kind of public "send a letter with your thoughts" thing if I remember correctly?
9. Don't get me started on how clever the revamp was. "I'm not afraid" got replaced with "I feel no fear" just so she could show off her perfect voice even better . It also created a bigger, more dramatic moment before the next chorus.
11. At first I didn't like it, but then she came as a performing guest to yuna awards. This was the first time I was gagged because of an eurovision artist
12. She had a performance that was too advanced technically to implement for that stage/year. She came with something, you've seen something else. You didn't even notice it wasn't meant to look like that. Professionalism.
13. She tried out different ideas in rehearsals, totally different outfits and light setups. Picked the best options. Every. Single. Time.
14. Performance started in a weird way, but most people were like "What the &$@*?! Hey wifey, come and see this one!". Got everyone's attention. Bull's eye once again.
15. All of the camera shots were perfectly matched with what was going on there on the stage.
16. Backing singers were on point, helping but not overdoing. She, again, didn't miss a note.
17. Unless you're into Serhat, she is most likely in your TOP10 of most beautiful Eurovision women up to this day.

Preuss
29th June 2019, 11:06
Zlata was a gem and like one of my alltime favs

Loindici
30th June 2019, 09:38
Zlata back! She's one of the few that can make their live version better than its studio cut!

AlekS
30th June 2019, 23:36
Proud to be a member of her focus group that helped her to improve the song (not exactly how I wanted tho, I live for those strings from the NF demo) and helped her to choose the right dress for ESC live shows.
But I don't wanna see her again at ESC with something like her old material. She has already had her swan song. Let other performers to take part. Or create a bop and make me spend all money on the votes xheya Allow Сила to lose its bop-virginity and create a real masterpiece that will put Foureira to shame.

DaFlo
6th July 2019, 17:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XoyJLUE0BM

Take what you take
Make what you dream of
Make a sweet escape
Donít hesitate
Donít stop believing
Real love is not fade
Fade away
Fade away
Fade away
Fade awa a a ay

xsing

Eurovision when?

Hopefully never should've sent them when ya hosted *yeezyshrug*

Mainshow
7th July 2019, 11:48
Ukraine should just nominate KAZKA internally and let them sing a well-produced, modern, memorable track performed in Ukrainian.

Ukraine would be happy, fans would be happy and Ukraine would get a Top 10 result effortlessly.

Ezio
7th July 2019, 16:19
I want Jamala with her song "Crimea is Ukraine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tv4AGIMlF0

AlekS
7th July 2019, 21:30
I want that too :mrgreen:

Thankfully it will be some other juicy drama.

AlekS
7th July 2019, 22:21
Ukraine should just nominate KAZKA internally and let them sing a well-produced, modern, memorable track performed in Ukrainian.

Few minutes ago at Voice Kids with their new song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUMvyubSNU8
(skip to 1:20)

Sasha's vocals were heavily altered by sound engineers or they were pre-recorded, the ending was fully live :?
GRLS were on the backing vocals, I want them more.

AlekS
8th July 2019, 22:29
The season hasn't even started but controversy & drama are already in xyaay

From JESC NF rules: UA:PBC will not accept entries from performers who used to give concerts in Russia or in occupied territories since January 2014.

Most def it's been approved by the EBU already. No controversy for me but for certain people... the flame in asses is burning.
The new UA:PBC bosses will cancel this rule tho, probably :lol:

ps. Another stupid move from UA:PBC team. Instead of creating such rules & drama simply don't select those who entertain murderers and war criminals (or all the people who chose such person as their president). This rule wouldn't be needed if you were doing your job :rolleyes:
If you're not involved in NF selection, don't complain when other channel chooses controversial entry for you. If you don't want such performers to politicize Eurovision against our country, don't bring such unnecessary attention yourself :p Just do your job.

Fierro
11th July 2019, 15:19
I would limited this rule only to artists that perform on russian TV channels. Although... that would mean Polyakova is out despite she is openly not-prorussian.

WhoKnows
11th July 2019, 16:47
The season hasn't even started but controversy & drama are already in xyaay

From JESC NF rules: UA:PBC will not accept entries from performers who used to give concerts in Russia or in occupied territories since January 2014.

Most def it's been approved by the EBU already. No controversy for me but for certain people... the flame in asses is burning.
The new UA:PBC bosses will cancel this rule tho, probably :lol:

ps. Another stupid move from UA:PBC team. Instead of creating such rules & drama simply don't select those who entertain murderers and war criminals (or all the people who chose such person as their president). This rule wouldn't be needed if you were doing your job :rolleyes:
If you're not involved in NF selection, don't complain when other channel chooses controversial entry for you. If you don't want such performers to politicize Eurovision against our country, don't bring such unnecessary attention yourself :p Just do your job.

I think that's a good idea tbh. I'd rather it were a clear-cut rule than having a Maruv situation repeat itself. The only issue I see is, how are they going to verify who did or didn't perform in Russia? Since they make it an official rule, you just know that once they announce the lineup, people will start snooping around and find out that half of the acts had a concert in the middle of Russia somewhere five years ago. Then what? What if that info comes out after the winner is selected?

AlekS
12th July 2019, 17:04
^ I think it's a good idea too ;) but I don't like how it's outlined. Even Jamala performed in Sochi :lol:
And the Hardkiss. Many anti-Putin performers were "trapped" in contract obligations (or did it for their friends who don't support the aggression) and stopped performing there after giving 1-2 concerts or continued their tour and haven't performed since then. What about them?
Imho each case is different and creating a rule which equals real scum (the queen of paultry farm :rolleyes: ) or someone like Alekseev whose producer called all modern Western Ukrainians a nazis :o ... with Jamala or The Hardkiss... dafuq.

WhoKnows
13th July 2019, 14:56
Jamala was exactly the one I thought of as well. There's definitely a difference between someone who went there once under special circumstances or even those that did go regularly at one point but stopped, and those that regularly tour and perform there, and do so openly and brazenly like Alekseev, Barskih, Loboda, Maruv, etc.

AlekS
13th July 2019, 16:58
The Presidential Office again confirmed their intentions to fund UA:PBC in 2020 fully and they will change the funding model finally.
UA:PBC will receive their guaranteed share from the fees for the use of radio frequency resource.
Presidential party can get 45-50% of places in the parliament + the loyal PM so it won't be a problem to provide these changes until January. Will they fund our ESC participant is another question.

Fierro
18th July 2019, 01:31

This would win Eurovision I guarantee

A-lister
18th July 2019, 12:43

Lovely!

However after the Presidential election and upcoming Parliamentary election, it looks more like we will have Ani Lorak with a song singing "We Are All Russians" instead :lol:

AlekS
18th July 2019, 18:17
^ Judging from failed Ukraine-Russia space TV bridge this would be the last performance in her life (O)
Imho Russia can go political for the 5th time and select her.

We will see if UA:PBC would keep their independence from the government.

A-lister
18th July 2019, 18:41
^ Judging from failed Ukraine-Russia space TV bridge this will be the last performance in her life (O)
Imho Russia can go political for the 5th time and select her.

We will see if UA:PBC would keep their independence from the government.

Ani Lorak didn't have anything to do with that? xshrug

Well... did they ever keep their independence from any government really? But now with Medvedchuk surprisingly gaining all these accesses and other questionable figures back in the country (odd timing with #teamZelensky onboard? ...), I wouldn't be surprised to see all these pro Russian acts back on the scene in Ukraine again... whether or not they'll end up in selections for ESC, we'll see about that...

AlekS
18th July 2019, 19:51
Ani Lorak didn't have anything to do with that? xshrug

Well... did they ever keep their independence from any government really? But now with Medvedchuk surprisingly gaining all these accesses and other questionable figures back in the country (odd timing with #teamZelensky onboard? ...), I wouldn't be surprised to see all these pro Russian acts back on the scene in Ukraine again... whether or not they'll end up in selections for ESC, we'll see about that...
Never said that she was involved xthink
I clearly meant it will end just like that TV bridge tho - even before it starts. I highly dislike Zelensky & never voted for him but he was the one who slammed Medvedchuk and ordered SSU to deal with that TV bridge crap.
Wasn't it #teamZelensky that fired Medvedchuk in Minsk?

UA:PBC successfully kept their independence from the government since the very beginning of its existence and they paid for that with their budget being cut in two for 2 consecutive years. The most independent UA news in accordance with European standards (the government tried to force some asslicking but didn't succeed). UA:PBC started the biggest investigation against the president, about corruption scandal in the military that killed his rating at the current elections :o

Not to mention that UA:PBC president is a personal enemy of soon-to-be-ex-Prime Minister and ex-president's people in the TV/Radio Council ... who actually fired him but he won the court 8-)

Of course a president's person can become the new Head of UA:PBC but the Council is pretty balanced now and they don't favor any people :twisted: At this point nothing is clear at all on who will become the new boss.

Moreover Zelensky plans to make UA:PBC more independent financially & fund them from guaranteed rental payments instead of having "UA:PBC vs. government" annual war.

A-lister
19th July 2019, 12:15
Never said that she was involved xthink
I clearly meant it will end just like that TV bridge tho - even before it starts. I highly dislike Zelensky & never voted for him but he was the one who slammed Medvedchuk and ordered SSU to deal with that TV bridge crap.
Wasn't it #teamZelensky that fired Medvedchuk in Minsk?

UA:PBC successfully kept their independence from the government since the very beginning of its existence and they paid for that with their budget being cut in two for 2 consecutive years. The most independent UA news in accordance with European standards (the government tried to force some asslicking but didn't succeed). UA:PBC started the biggest investigation against the president, about corruption scandal in the military that killed his rating at the current elections :o

Not to mention that UA:PBC president is a personal enemy of soon-to-be-ex-Prime Minister and ex-president's people in the TV/Radio Council ... who actually fired him but he won the court 8-)

Of course a president's person can become the new Head of UA:PBC but the Council is pretty balanced now and they don't favor any people :twisted: At this point nothing is clear at all on who will become the new boss.

Moreover Zelensky plans to make UA:PBC more independent financially & fund them from guaranteed rental payments instead of having "UA:PBC vs. government" annual war.

What I meant is that every government, to some extent at least, had influence over the broadcaster (regardless of government)... I know that things got better under Poroshenko though (pretty much everything did if we try to ignore Russia's war that obviously had a very bad impact on the economic growth)... but name a European country where the public broadcaster isn't politicized at least partly? You won't find any lol

Did they actually fire him? Maybe, but now he's back owning alot of media channels suddenly, timing? Zelensky will of course not openly say this but there could be deals behind close doors, we will see in the long run, this "team" certainly worries me... but to stay on topic, not sure how it will effect the Eurovision selection? Probably not significantly, other than Russian language songs will be back in the national selection and pro-Russian artists will be more visible in Ukraine again...

AlekS
19th July 2019, 16:14
What I meant is that every government, to some extent at least, had influence over the broadcaster (regardless of government)... I know that things got better under Poroshenko though (pretty much everything did if we try to ignore Russia's war that obviously had a very bad impact on the economic growth)... but name a European country where the public broadcaster isn't politicized at least partly? You won't find any lol
Economic growth regional GDP has reached the pre-war level.
Having political shows and slamming different politicians is already politicized but the question is whether it's biased or not. Does it favor one particular side? Certainly not. They dind't kiss government's ass for money - as a result they had no money. They refused to suck ... I mean to air government's promo every day - their boss got fired (and hired again by the court's order).
This is the only one big independent channel which is not owned by oligarchs and not managed by the government/president.

Speaking of. The current UA:PBC president and music department are against Zelensky (their personal opinion which doesn't influence anything) so I'm wondering how they will co-exist in the future.

Btw, latest news: Zelensky's advisor said they want to take Medvedchuk's channels :twisted: + they set additional duties for his companies. This is a clear war (or blackmail) against Medvedchuk. Zelensky's party proclaimed Holos (basically the US democrats representatives in Ukraine) as their closest allies so I don't imagine extremely pro-Russian performers not causing any reaction here.

As for our selection. There will be people from the Voice 4sure. And I'm wondering how Kvinta reacts on this UA:PBC rule and if he stays at all... will it lower The Voice's chances or STB will invite someone from UA:PBC to select the semifinalists together.

Loindici
19th July 2019, 16:40
So, a little interruption here... will it uphill or downfall?

AlekS
31st July 2019, 15:10
KAZAKY didn't refuse from participation right away & said they will think about it.

The new song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yPaD2Il1Mc

People from STB are indirectly involved in our JESC selection so Vidbir is almost confirmed. But this is Ukraine. Nothing is confirmed until the last second ... or even days after the deadline :lol:

Fierro
10th August 2019, 11:06
Ukraine needs some slut pop already. Even if it's Kazaky. I'm for it!

AlekS
10th August 2019, 23:37
Ukraine needs some slut pop already. Even if it's Kazaky. I'm for it!

xheat

https://i.imgur.com/F8PRNHt.jpg

With Loreen at MF 2015:

https://i.imgur.com/AJr6Zn0.jpg

With Maruv:

https://i.imgur.com/FL8KoMq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eciptUX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2CtbmY6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fyIXawZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/i9Q7jFO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mFQBrMg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HBTbck1.gif

Alaska49
16th August 2019, 17:58
But this is Ukraine. Nothing is confirmed until the last second ... or even days after the deadline :lol:... or even after vidbir is finished.....................

i still want it to return though. ukraine and vidbir own my heart forever.

Fierro
16th August 2019, 23:02
... or even after vidbir is finished.....................

i still want it to return though. ukraine and vidbir own my heart forever.

Honestly it's not a music competition anymore, it's pure soap opera.

Romeo
17th August 2019, 01:20
https://i.imgur.com/HBTbck1.gif

what is that gif from? :lol:

AlekS
17th August 2019, 15:04
^ Eurovision Another Gay Sequel : Gays Gone Wild

choda
18th August 2019, 15:47
I would prefer Kazka. Even if it probably won't win, it may deliver quality to the contest.

Preuss
19th August 2019, 21:54
I pretend like Ukraine sent MARUV to Tel Aviv so they ended the decade on a good note with me! :lol:
One of my favourite countries this decade although 2017 and 2018 entries didn't light my fire at all

Hopefully no complications next year :D

AlekS
26th August 2019, 23:06
MARUV vogue-ing at our Dancing With the Stars:

https://youtu.be/cObxKfBjgTI?t=165

Slightly vulgar but I like the gayness of it all xheat

Tayanna is there as well:

https://youtu.be/h4_N8I2100Q?t=181

Kvinta composed "Apart" for KAZKA around the same time last year. This time he composed a song for Alekseev :?
He also had a meeting with Vidbir colleague (the one who selects semifinalists with him) few days ago.

EDIT: He's also creating a bop for Khayat. I'm all ears for this one :p

AlekS
11th September 2019, 16:34
::ua ::ro Myata said she will probably submit a song in English, written/produced by Vanotek.

I don't mind Vanotek but imho she's so mediocre.
For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OEmlVjB0LI

anaraqueen
11th September 2019, 22:00
no myata slander please i love prosto tak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQVB6wkYDSY

WhoKnows
12th September 2019, 16:52
Well, if Vanotek does write the song, it would be different from her usual stuff anyway. I love some of Vanotek's tracks - Back to Me and Tell Me Who are two of my most played songs the last few years, but he can be a hit or miss.

AlekS
14th September 2019, 23:37
ESC is stalking me in real life 8-)

https://i.imgur.com/Y2gCZTr.jpg

njdevils94
15th September 2019, 02:36
AlekS

Is there any chance than NK would take part in Vidbir (or whatever method they choose) selection next year?

AlekS
15th September 2019, 20:00
AlekS

Is there any chance than NK would take part in Vidbir (or whatever method they choose) selection next year?
That would be weird if X Factor judge decides to take part ... while Verka another X Factor judge is in the jury most def.

Not so weird for Vidbir tho :lol: But associated acts usually get skinned alive judged even harsher & sometimes even stay in the semis :rolleyes:

"Apart" was created by the dude who selects the songs for Vidbir ;) at his studio. And yet KAZKA finished at the 3rd place, even despite their previous hit has had more than 250 million views on YT.

It's too risky for NK, imo. You can be the most popular act at the moment and still barely finish in the top-3.

AlekS
20th September 2019, 23:20
Somebody else is gonna ask uncomfortable questions. Jamala said she will pause her career after the tour to have the 2nd baby.

I'm suspicious that STB can change Vidbir's sound producer (the person who invites performers & selects songs).

WhoKnows
21st September 2019, 06:08
Somebody else is gonna ask uncomfortable questions. Jamala said she will pause her career after the tour to have the 2nd baby.

I'm suspicious that STB can change Vidbir's sound producer (the person who invites performers & selects songs).

Maybe Badoev? :lol: I'm not as familiar with the behind the scenes people. Other than Kvinta and Meladze, who are some other big name producers? I imagine they'll want someone with some pull in the business to get bigger names to take part.

Also, I want Ruslana back. And take a break from Danylko. Maybe get Potap instead?

Charly
21st September 2019, 06:37
Hopefully ::ua wont have a contract issue again :lol:

Fierro
21st September 2019, 12:25

Omg i was thinking just this morning about what if Jamala would like to have 2nd baby.

Idk why these thoughts visit me after waking up

AlekS
21st September 2019, 17:58
Even if they change Kvinta I believe it will be a joint selection, between STB & PBC.
Imho, 1 person from PBC can join 1 current person from STB with the new sound producer representing STB.
The Maneken? That would be a perfect candidate for both channels.
Badoev is a video director, not composer. But it would mean more slutpop :D

https://i.imgur.com/7mF4z6r.jpg

... and twinks xwhistle

:lol:

Meanwhile ONUKA gave 3 concerts in China:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM9b28KgkKA
Vienna, NY, Philly, Chicago and Toronto are coming in October. Hopefully she changes her mind. I know that she followed the previous Vidbir.

Maruv said she won't take part.

There's a slight chance to see Alyona Alyona, she's on tour too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPtiZM6tqaM
https://i.imgur.com/JZyTXXx.jpg

If The Maneken is involved I bet they will invite TVORCHI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uGesAdQiso

If Kvinta stays I bet we can see this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t87JvC4Jfro

WhoKnows
21st September 2019, 21:09
The Maneken is too... niche and intellectual to be in charge. He probably wouldn't let any conventional pop songs through. Besides, would he be able to convince big names to take part?

Maruv better not come anywhere near the NF ever again.

A-lister
21st September 2019, 21:16
If Kvinta stays I bet we can see this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t87JvC4Jfro

I like this, cool song, the chorus is addictive and when the male choir kicks in giving it a sort of folky vibe blending with the modern takes the song to a higher level!!! xlisten2 Just this song alone is miles above the past couple of entries Ukraine sent to ESC, and maybe bar Jamala, it would have been the best Ukrainian entry since Alyosha! :o

Sammy
22nd September 2019, 10:07
it would have been the best Ukrainian entry since Alyosha! :o

easy task in my ranking. :mrgreen:

A-lister
22nd September 2019, 11:46
easy task in my ranking. :mrgreen:

True true, well I liked Jamala, but the others were mediocre at best (well Zlata was pretty ok, Gaitana and Mariya works in some contexts but still meh compared to Ukraine's glory days 2004, 2006-2010).

A-lister
22nd September 2019, 11:47
MamaRika (previously Erika) just released her new track, which is under 3 minutes... a candidate maybe? It's a cool track. She already competed in Vidbir 2017 with the crappy We Are One (https://youtu.be/3Y--tyRoliM?t=124), but lately she has really grown into her own and released some pretty dope tracks and I wouldn't mind seeing her in ESC for Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7hyAa7IXaA

Sammy
23rd September 2019, 00:46
True true, well I liked Jamala, but the others were mediocre at best (well Zlata was pretty ok, Gaitana and Mariya works in some contexts but still meh compared to Ukraine's glory days 2004, 2006-2010).

I rather meant that nearly ANY ukrainian entry was better than Alyosha in my ranking. (With the exception of Gaetana perhaps)

KYKO
23rd September 2019, 19:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FvrAGj2IRg

A-lister
23rd September 2019, 20:46
I rather meant that nearly ANY ukrainian entry was better than Alyosha in my ranking. (With the exception of Gaetana perhaps)

Oh ... I understood it the complete opposite :lol:

A-lister
23rd September 2019, 22:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FvrAGj2IRg

The first Michele Andrade song that is tolerable... but nah... she'd be slaughtered by the ESC juries for being a weak live singer...

Potap is really going hard with the Ukrainian language lately? Soon all Mozgi acts have released at least one major Ukrainian language release... I guess the language quota really has a good effect.

WhoKnows
24th September 2019, 01:22
The first Michele Andrade song that is tolerable... but nah... she'd be slaughtered by the ESC juries for being a weak live singer...

Potap is really going hard with the Ukrainian language lately? Soon all Mozgi acts have released at least one major Ukrainian language release... I guess the language quota really has a good effect.

I believe they ALL now have released a song in Ukrainian - Nastya, ViS, Ingret, Mozgi and now Michelle. Is there anyone I'm missing? I'm sure some might accuse them of not being authentic or whatever but I don't care. I'll take it any way we get it. Baby steps but the progress is noticeable.

Is Michelle really that bad live? I thought she was ok on The Voice, no?

ESC94
24th September 2019, 20:34
Well, on one side im happy that ::ua is back in the contest, since I want as many countries as possible, but on the other side I found most of their entries pretty overrated, especially "Angel" in 2011. :?

A-lister
24th September 2019, 21:19
I believe they ALL now have released a song in Ukrainian - Nastya, ViS, Ingret, Mozgi and now Michelle. Is there anyone I'm missing? I'm sure some might accuse them of not being authentic or whatever but I don't care. I'll take it any way we get it. Baby steps but the progress is noticeable.

Is Michelle really that bad live? I thought she was ok on The Voice, no?

Ingret? I missed this one... so those are all on Mozgi? I dunno, she always seems to sing playback and her voice sounds weak even in studio versions... generally I think Mozgi might eventually drop her, they are pushing her alot but she has yet to have one actual hit and frankly the pseudo latin songs with bad production isn't really helping her "case".... they can put her on as many TV shows they can, but the material speaks for itself and it seems she gets the left-overs...

I'm afraid a certain new president with a certain new cabinet might take away the quota, which would really be a major setback for the Ukrainian language... but I guess we should be happy as long as it lasts...

WhoKnows
24th September 2019, 21:37
Ingret? I missed this one... so those are all on Mozgi? I dunno, she always seems to sing playback and her voice sounds weak even in studio versions... generally I think Mozgi might eventually drop her, they are pushing her alot but she has yet to have one actual hit and frankly the pseudo latin songs with bad production isn't really helping her "case".... they can put her on as many TV shows they can, but the material speaks for itself and it seems she gets the left-overs...

I'm afraid a certain new president with a certain new cabinet might take away the quota, which would really be a major setback for the Ukrainian language... but I guess we should be happy as long as it lasts...

A few months ago I watched an interview with Irina Gorova (she's the "Mozgi" in Mozgi Entertainment - Potap is the "Entertainment") and she was saying how it's just now that Michelle started to make money for them. Ingret isn't making them any money yet. But they seem committed to their acts. Idk, we'll see.

AlekS
24th September 2019, 22:02
I like this, cool song...
She presented the song at UA:PBC radio first.
In the video there's a dancer who works for Maruv.
She has already taken part in Belarusian selection (she's Belarusian) in 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPhGKlmKJ8U
(she sounds much better now)

She moved to Ukraine and took part in the Voice. Meaning that Kvinta has already worked with her.
She started writing songs in Ukrainian. And this became her 1st big release.

From what I've heard another new song will be cool as well :twisted:

A-lister
24th September 2019, 22:10
She presented it at UA:PBC's radio first.
In the video there's a dancer who works for Maruv.
She has already taken part in Belarusian selection (she's Belarusian) in 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPhGKlmKJ8U

She moved to Ukraine and took part in the Voice. Meaning that Kvinta has already worked with her.
She started writing songs in Ukrainian. And this became her 1st big release.

From what I've heard the 2nd single will be cool as well :twisted:

Ok, fortunately I must have totally forgotten about this entrant in the Belarusian selection... that was bad so no wonder if I forgot it already :lol:

However with this Kvinta production she seems potentially interesting... there is already a second song out? Shouldn't they wait and see what will happen with this first major release? Anyways, if that song is meant for Vidbir, I'd be all for it!

AlekS
24th September 2019, 22:17
^ Not out yet 8-)

I'm afraid a certain new president with a certain new cabinet might take away the quota...
No, they don't plan to change quotas. Confirmed by the new minister of culture. Potap & his team are very close to Z btw.

A-lister
24th September 2019, 22:27
^ Not out yet 8-)

No, they don't plan to change quotas. Confirmed by new minister of culture. Potap & his team are very close to Z btw.

Well, we are only some months into this new presidency and cabinet so I guess only the future will tell... considering what the president said earlier about the language laws and all these trolls suddenly coming back to Ukraine makes me sceptical at best... anyways let's hope they stick to their words but politicians are never to be trusted... I guess Ukrainians know better than anyone about that :lol:

Potap & his team were all Russian just recently so they couldn't care less, they just want their stuff on the radio so I think it's more opportunism than some profound love for the national language :lol:

Monatik seems to be the only major act so far that hasn't released a proper Ukrainian language single right?... also Max Barskih and Loboda (but they seem to be all focused on the Russian market so no surprise).

AlekS
25th September 2019, 00:36
Well, we are only some months into this new presidency and cabinet so I guess only the future will tell... considering what the president said earlier about the language laws and all these trolls suddenly coming back to Ukraine makes me sceptical at best... anyways let's hope they stick to their words but politicians are never to be trusted... I guess Ukrainians know better than anyone about that :lol:
This minister is the former Head of STB broadcaster so I do believe him xshrug

As for Potap, and especially Mozgi. Their songs are too dumb for my perception :?

WhoKnows
25th September 2019, 00:43
Monatik seems to be the only major act so far that hasn't released a proper Ukrainian language single right?... also Max Barskih and Loboda (but they seem to be all focused on the Russian market so no surprise).

Also NeAngely, Olya Polyakova, Alekseev (aside from that Iryna Bilyk cover). Who else?

Putting aside the fact that Monatik's popularity is completely confusing to me, I'm actually very surprised that he doesn't have a single song in Ukrainian (that duet or whatever with Matviyenko doesn't count). Moreover, nobody seems to be bothering him about that either.

AlekS
25th September 2019, 01:05
Moreover, nobody seems to be bothering him about that either.
And he has never toured Russia since 2014. So why be bothered?

Didn't Polyakova write "Hasta La Vista Separatista"? :lol: I'm more worried by her intellectual abilities (and people who visit her concerts) but that's another story.
She said she will visit Russia only after they stop their aggression, even despite her mom lives there.

WhoKnows
25th September 2019, 05:04
And he has never toured Russia since 2014. So why be bothered?

Didn't Polyakova write "Hasta La Vista Separatista"? :lol: I'm more worried by her intellectual abilities (and people who visit her concerts) but that's another story.
She said she will visit Russia only after they stop their aggression, even despite her mom lives there.

Didn't Monatik do a commercial for Russia for a big brand a couple years ago? I thought he'd get a backlash for that, but he got away unscathed. He must have a good PR team.

Did not know that about Polyakova's mom. I know the Hasta Lavista song but that was still in Russia. I'm still waiting for her to record something in Ukrainian. I did see some clips of her speaking Ukrainian on xfactor last week. Think that was a first. Maybe a song is next. And Alex, don't hate on her music. It's so much fun! Koroleva Nochi is the bomb.

AlekS
25th September 2019, 17:18
Didn't Monatik do a commercial for Russia for a big brand a couple years ago? I thought he'd get a backlash for that, but he got away unscathed. He must have a good PR team.
Didn't he receive money from aggressor and gave it to his homecountry? I would did the same thing ;)
I'd gave all money to our soldiers or invested into ammo factory.
The one who should worry are Russian performers who didn't receive those money.
He didn't perform there, touring is different, imo. If mobile operator can hire literally anyone, tour managers are very limited in their choice and refusal would bring them bigger economic damage. If it's commercials, then it makes sense to take money.

Did not know that about Polyakova's mom. I know the Hasta Lavista song but that was still in Russian. I'm still waiting for her to record something in Ukrainian. I did see some clips of her speaking Ukrainian on xfactor last week. Think that was a first. Maybe a song is next. And Alex, don't hate on her music. It's so much fun! Koroleva Nochi is the bomb.
When I hear a song in Russian I skip to another one. That language was one of few excuses why they started a war: "There are our people!", "Everyone who speaks Russian is Russian by nationality" etc. Their politicians created a weapon of their language. Talking about promo products only! I don't mind speaking in Russian or hearing it in real life xshrug but not on TV, shows, songs, movies etc. It reminds me of war and everything I've seen and experienced. When I hear that language in the media - gurl bye!

https://i.imgur.com/bXF2KJ0.gif

WhoKnows
25th September 2019, 18:58
Didn't he receive money from aggressor and gave it to his homecountry? I would did the same thing ;)
I'd gave all money to our soldiers or invested into ammo factory.
The one who should worry are Russian performers who didn't receive those money.
He didn't perform there, touring is different, imo. If mobile operator can hire literally anyone, tour agencies are very limited in their choice and refusal would bring them bigger economic damage. If it's commercials, then it makes sense to take money.

If you're justifying his ad by saying he gave money from it to the home country and army, then I don't know why you think that performing there is different.

AlekS
26th September 2019, 02:55
If you're justifying his ad by saying he gave money from it to the home country and army, then I don't know why you think that performing there is different.
I'm not justifying anything, we are not in the court :rolleyes: I've already explained clearly but I'll repeat again. Mobile operator which hired Monatik can receive profit by inviting someone else (an actor or even ordinary person via casting) because his popularity means nothing - the best ads don't necessary feature famous people.
It's much harder for tour managers to find a talented performer. No Monatik or other popular performers = no profit. He took their money for ads and didn't pay their tour managers and promoters - perfect combination (Kalomira style 8-) ).
Most def he shot everything in Kyiv using green screen so he didn't even pass the border.
Ads mean them investing into their own economy. Touring means you spending 2 or more months of your life there with some propahandist media giving you attention all this time, you invest into them, you pay their staff, transportation, their promo bs, hotels, food etc.

AlekS
27th September 2019, 21:12
The new song by Alyona Alyona:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-JNyYY1Y9o

xbow

Very brief appearances by ONUKA at 2:35 and ::uk Skepta in the end.

ps. Waiting for Jamala & Jah Khalib (famous Kazakh rapper who moved to Ukraine, 2 songs with 100+ milion views on YT) song, heard a snippet and it's awesome.

ps2. The new song from The Hardkiss xheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgr9AEyySbo

#1 in YT trends.

Fierro
28th September 2019, 13:16
I cam a bit surprised why this song of The Hardkiss is so popular. This is one of their "just normal" songs

But.. GO ALYONA!

AlekS
28th September 2019, 16:04
Jerry Heil released the new song. Slightly less than 3 minutes :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzrZRFiJGOY

She's got weak live vocals for my tatse + imo, she's about local market, not sure if others would like her.

But dayum... this new BOP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRQznQhcob8
Maruv had a steamy sex loving with Melanie Martinez xheat

WhoKnows
30th September 2019, 00:01
I cam a bit surprised why this song of The Hardkiss is so popular. This is one of their "just normal" songs

I love the verses but the chorus is underwhelming.

A-lister
30th September 2019, 22:57

I love the verses but the chorus is underwhelming.

Interestingly I find it one of their better singles :mrgreen:

WhoKnows
5th October 2019, 05:35
::ua ::ro Myata said she will probably submit a song in English, written/produced by Vanotek.

Guessing this is the song. It'sok. I was hoping for something better. Vanotek can do better.

https://youtu.be/IFq2849GIQY

She tagged it on her Instagram as #evrovision2020.

anaraqueen
5th October 2019, 05:54
i liked it, it's just that both have better songs

AlekS
5th October 2019, 12:52
The song sucks. It's 3:55 long. I don't want to see them in the lineup simply because of his name or nationality (STB likes to select foreign singers for X Factor) :?

She tagged it on her Instagram as #evrovision2020.
lol xfacepalm :lol:

A-lister
7th October 2019, 20:15
Another potential candidate for Vidbir 2020? The song just got released and is just 3min long.. Andriana is sort of a guilty pleasure for me, with the right staging, a tongue in cheek performance and if she manages live well enough, I wouldn't mind seeing her one day for Ukraine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2n8VpWw4Gg

WhoKnows
7th October 2019, 20:56
A-lister, have you heard about this little track? It's written by Potap and there's a play on words that's kinda dirty. Already has over 1million views in just a couple days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZHnaPM9lus

A-lister
7th October 2019, 21:27
A-lister, have you heard about this little track? It's written by Potap and there's a play on words that's kinda dirty. Already has over 1million views in just a couple days.

Omg the ugly guy that was together with Aleksey from Vremya i Steklo in that group New'Z'Kool is back after some 10 years :lol: ... I just wondered what happened to him... I can't believe he is only 32 years old!? He looks like 50 !!! (maybe not in the video but just watched their trainwreck performance on X-Factor)...

Not a big fan of the song though... bu yes I kind of get the wordplay here... :lol:

To me they come across as a bad version of DILEMMA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So7zwmSAiaQ) ...

AlekS
8th October 2019, 17:13
A little OT ---> PBC plans to join Eurovision Young Musicians 2020 and select our representative via the NF on the radio (with a possible TV broadcast on UA:Culture?).

The venue for our national contest:

https://i.imgur.com/RajbhWF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EqBKgvB.jpg

Fierro
8th October 2019, 22:54

What a terrible accent when he sings Ukrainian... just don't do it if your only and primary language is Russian - better keep making songs that suit you better

WhoKnows
9th October 2019, 03:38
What a terrible accent when he sings Ukrainian... just don't do it if your only and primary language is Russian - better keep making songs that suit you better

Does he? Which one? I didn't notice it. Either way, I disagree with you. The more songs in Ukrainian, the better.

AlekS
9th October 2019, 17:42
I didn't notice any terrible accent xthink Everything else is ... :lol:

AlekS
9th October 2019, 18:17
The only Potap project I can tolerate is Vremya i Steklo (ViS).

ViS gave life-changing concert in the Sports Palace. The TV version will be released in December.
Every song looked like ESC entry xheat

Epic opening:

https://i.imgur.com/mEtCV8T.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vpKgxwV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yoC2Iq0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1LYC6Te.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eaQoEEX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6bSug6t.jpg

Biiiiyaaaaatch!

https://i.imgur.com/0apvCul.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GontLGx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2fyBxPq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wiTvhmn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/b64djcd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4QTDcvY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZEZp63p.jpg

Children from JESC selection and Voice Kids:

https://i.imgur.com/WGJ57kf.jpg

O.Torvald lead singer (ESC 2017) with the guitar:

https://i.imgur.com/LPKKdOW.jpg

Monatik (ESC 2017 opening act) pre-recorded his part under water:

https://i.imgur.com/YfgFYYL.gif

Vidbir producer was in the venue. He attended TseSho gig in Dnipro as well ;)

WhoKnows
9th October 2019, 23:27
Vidbir producer was in the venue. He attended TseSho gig in Dnipro as well ;) [/spoiler]

Kvinta? I thought the producer hasn't been anounced yet? Or am I thinking of some other position?

But yeah, ViS need to just do it already.

AlekS
10th October 2019, 01:08
They will be in ::cz Retro Muisc Hall (Prague) this Sunday.
October 18 - ::dk VoxHall (Aarhus)
October 19 - ::se Kraken (Stockhom)
October 20 - ::dk Amager Bio (KÝbenhavn)

The Ukrainian leg ends in December *fingers crossed*

I don't believe that they would submit an entry but I wasn't expecting KAZKA or Maruv at first too :lol:

Kvinta? I thought the producer hasn't been anounced yet?
Yep.
He's still a producer... until the new announcement at least ;) Can't call him "ex".

Fierro
10th October 2019, 18:52
If ViS submits I will give away my wig on charity

AlekS
13th October 2019, 18:01
Ok, fortunately I must have totally forgotten about this entrant in the Belarusian selection... that was bad so no wonder if I forgot it already :lol:

However with this Kvinta production she seems potentially interesting...
And this is her recent performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l3cKSbjuRY

Comparing to her previous Belarusian entries the improvement is huge.
Wondering if she would submit an entry for Belarus or Ukraine.

WhoKnows
13th October 2019, 19:51
What is her deal? Is she Ukrainian or Belarussian? The song is in Ukrainian but most of her promo seems to be focused on Belarus.

WhoKnows
15th October 2019, 18:48
Khayat's new single. I love it.

He should apply for the NF with it. Also, I think he'd have a great chance of winning the NF too. If he has the right people working with him, it could work magnificently on the ESC stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNd_H_1ZJgw

AlekS
16th October 2019, 12:26
https://i.imgur.com/kEbYosB.jpg

The deadline for sending entries is on X-mas, December 25.

Semi #1 - February 8
Semi #2 - February 15
The final - February 22

Kvinta stayed.
Yas! Prytula stayed as the host! :D They also confirmed Vidbir 2021.
Predictably they copy & pasted JESC rule which prohibited concerts in Russia. They added EBU as another side of the contract.
If the winner refuses to sign the contract, STB & PBC will ask the 2nd place.
The winner shouldn't have problems with the ::nl law.

For the first time in history PBC will fund our representative :o

https://i.imgur.com/sUqBBTo.gif

As I've said before ;) STB and 1 PBC representative will select 14-20 semifinalists.

ps. All the biggest commercial channels have published the news about Vidbir o__0

njdevils94
16th October 2019, 13:36
Are you surprised Kvinta stayed on as music producer AlekS?

Fierro
16th October 2019, 16:10
Kvinta, Prytula... they learned nothing.

I really liked Prytula as host at first but from perspective of the performers his behavior towards them looks just rude and disrepectful. If i'd be there I would slap him in face couple of times probably (like drama queen).

Now I will not be surprised if Jamala, Danylko and The Maneken stay on the jury panel. Of these three I can bear only The Maneken as juror. Tired of the rest.

AlekS
16th October 2019, 16:59
Kvinta, Prytula... they learned nothing.
They've learnt a lot actually and did almost everything I was saying here 8-)
You're complaining as always :rolleyes:

I agree about Kvinta though. He begged Maruv (against all rules - she was past the deadline!) but he fooled her with the contract. He didn't even give it to her, that was unprofessional. Not a fond that he selects 2-3 obvious choices and 17 "backing vocalists".
But I must thank him for bitching with Alekseev so that car crash represented Belarus and not us.
I'm thankful for involving the 2nd biggest commercial channel. 1+1 is unofficially involved in ESC and uses ESC songs in their shows (Kvinta is the Voice's producer too) and sends their journalists to each Eurovision. Netta performed there. Maruv & the hottest ESC host were at Dancing with the Stars etc.
Even Maruv's song was xheat The whole mess was my most fave NF moment ever. Vidbir entry was better than the whole ESC that year, imo. It wouldn't have happened without Kvinta. We would chose some mediocrity which is equal to non-participation to me.

Prytula is East European Terry Wogan :mrgreen: (he lived in the UK so he probably knows Terry). He tells our performers how they look in other people's eyes. If they can't accept the reality then Eurovision is not for their fragile mental state. There was only 1 rude comment about Khayat but he said that because Khayat himself approved.
I'm proud that he didn't silence anything & brought all topics people were raving about before Vidbir last year. He's the only one host who can openly go against producers right during the show and I like him for honesty xlove

Jamala will give birth to a 2nd baby next year. She won't be there. At least for now, lol.

AlekS
16th October 2019, 18:20
Are you surprised Kvinta stayed on as music producer AlekS?
It was a 50/50 situation few months ago, it became more clear that he will stay after STB asked PBC to keep going with Vidbir.
PBC controlled the whole situation. They've got balls to choose internally btw, PBC will be funded enough to forget STB next year :mrgreen: but as a public TV they have to involve televoters.

Sammy
16th October 2019, 21:48
I just read on a german blog that any artist who has travelled to Russia or Crimea since 2014 or plans to do so in the future can not take part in the NF. Is that an official statement?

AlekS
16th October 2019, 21:56
I just read on a german blog that any artist who has travelled to Russia or Crimea since 2014 or plans to do so in the future can not take part in the NF. Is that an official statement?
That's a lie :p
Only those who performed at agressor's territory and only in concerts organized by their government or companies (ie. corporate gigs or concerts organized by non-commercial companies do not count). Or entered Crimea illegally, not from Ukraine.

lowyby
16th October 2019, 22:24
Honestly, what credible artist will still want to enter with this new rules?

AlekS
16th October 2019, 22:28
Honestly, what credible artist will still want to enter with this new rules?
And how does it hurt credible artists?

lowyby
16th October 2019, 22:35
And how does it hurt credible artists?

It completely prohibits to enter the Russian market?
I mean? What's that

AlekS
16th October 2019, 22:36
It completely prohibits to enter the Russian market?
I mean? What's that
Wow! How dare we to refuse to entertain agressor and feed their military occupation of our own country by sponsoring their budget.
Do Belgian performers perform in front of ISIS btw?

lowyby
16th October 2019, 22:42
Wow! How dare we to refuse to entertain agressor and feed their military occupation of our own country by sponsoring their budget.
Do Belgian performers perform in front of ISIS btw?

Let's have that discussion in a PM and not over the forum, let's not get political here :)

AlekS
16th October 2019, 22:49
Let's have that discussion in a PM and not over the forum, let's not get political here :)
See! Now it's political :rolleyes:
And now imagine the shitstorm when we choose someone who performed in Russia. PBC & STB avoided that situation.
People wanted no politics at Vidbir, there will be no politics xshrug

lowyby
16th October 2019, 22:58
See! Now it's political :rolleyes:
And now imagine the shitstorm when we choose someone who performed in Russia. PBC & STB avoided that situation.
People wanted no politics at Vidbir, there will be no politics xshrug

You're competing at Eurovision, there will always be politics ;)
Trying to make it non-political is as such already political.

AlekS
16th October 2019, 23:11
You're competing at Eurovision, there will always be politics ;)
Yep. Iceland and Palestinian flag.... and who was fined btw? The broadcaster.

Trying to make it non-political is as such already political.
I disagree with this one. They simply removed the unnecessary attention which we've already had in 2016 which resulted in a physical attack on our performer back then. By Russian journalist btw.

ps. Should I even comment that political delusion that Russian market is more important? If it's more important than such performers should represent Russia :rolleyes: Anyone has a right to whore for Russian money & cover it with bs talks about peace but they should be ready for response. What did allies do to collaborants during WWII btw? Certain top performers proved that it's possible to tour Ukraine, Europe and N. America and live perfectly without Russian money.

https://i.imgur.com/XZM3ag5.gif

Also the new law which prohibits funding aggressor's media businesses connected with their government will be introduced soon. Considering our president comes from media business himself, his team knows what to do. The minister responsible for TV is the former Head of STB ;) If they'll pass this law until May our broadcaster can face legal actions if they select a collaborant. The whole thing doesn't touch corporate gigs, non-commercial companies etc. Just those companies which fund military aggression.

AlekS
17th October 2019, 16:55
Olya Polyakova's producer is dissatisfied with previous jurors and the host but he praised the new rules and said there will be a plenty of interested performers.

I don't think that Polyakova decides to apply but imho we can expect Jerry Heil & Tayanna from the same agency.

ps. Connor, gurl, bye! :p
What an unprofessional article.
Lies about the rules (The quote is not from the rules). Lies about Maruv (she was ready to refuse from concerts, she said that herself).
Maruv has already refused from representing Ukraine or any other country. Her label prohibited their copyrights to Universal. She refused from 5 EBU demands.
The rule is not new, it's been already introduced at JESC selection.

And another untrue myth. How many prominent performers have taken part in Vidbir since 2016?

Maruv is the only one who wouldn't qualified.
Jamala has performed in Russia prior 2016 but she qualifies according to the rules. It's almost impossible to find out who organizes corporate parties + I'd like to see PBC going against Tatar businessmen :rolleyes: even if they lived in Russia.
The Hardkiss performed at 1 fest in 2014 but their contract has been signed until March + they openly refused from concerts in Russia back then. This is their personal position for years & they are very vocal about it.
O. Torvald - very patriotic, there wasn't even a thought, lol.
Melovin - no concerts there, openly said about that.
KAZKA - no concerts there. They could perform at the concert in Germany, organized by Russians but they refused. Their song (in Ukrainian!) scored 370 million YT views with Russian media promoting it for free because KAZKA's producer refused to have any business with them & pay for airplay.
KADNAY - Just one time, after that they openly said they can't betray our soldiers.
Tayanna - she visited her brother in Russia but didn't perform there.

AlekS
18th October 2019, 16:32
Vidbir 2019 --> 1600 entries in total (including ineligible ones).

Vidbir 2020 --> 800 entries already (as of 14:00 yesterday). The deadline is on X-mas.

Usually less than half of all entries are ineligible or put Belarusian auditions to shame.
(More than half arrives until the last week, less than half - during the last week of the deadline).
60-80 will be selected for auditions at STB studio and 14-20 will be shortlisted for the semis.

AlekS
24th October 2019, 17:07
Most definitely Navka's entry for Vidbir. She premiered it today at PBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0cx89t7aqg

anaraqueen
24th October 2019, 19:17
Ooooh I like it!

Edweis
24th October 2019, 22:00
It's not the type of music I usually like, but I must say after a few listening that I'm warming up to it. It's catchy.

AlekS
26th October 2019, 22:40
La Voix at our X Factor.

https://youtu.be/9qhCEQtT5ho?t=192

Wondering who will fill the X Factor "quota" on Vidbir but imho it won't be her.

WhoKnows
27th October 2019, 04:40
La Voix at our X Factor.

https://youtu.be/9qhCEQtT5ho?t=192

Wondering who will fill the X Factor "quota" on Vidbir but imho it won't be her.

Maybe these guys? They were a pleasant discovery for me. They already have their own music and seem pretty competent. I enjoyed their EP.
https://youtu.be/oUsIdm39KD4

This is an older song but it's amazing.
https://youtu.be/xfXhgMIdpF0

AlekS
27th October 2019, 15:53
^ Yeah, I watched them yesterday.
What in the name of Florence Welch vocals xheart is going on? :o

Not sure if STB would risk tho. Imho they will stick to their old "twinks for teen girls & gays" formula:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frIbt8mKW5Q

Though I bet that we haven't seen the alpha-twink yet :lol:

AlekS
1st November 2019, 13:33
16 years old Twink Sinatra Dmytro Rogozhynsky who sings in baritone will submit his entry.
He's being prepared by the producer of our JESC entry.

Nat King Cole cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcMkfSMsFng

I've heard only covers from him so I have no idea about the song, if it's as great as JESC entry I don't mind to see him on Vidbir.

https://i.imgur.com/95F6X8Z.jpg

Mainshow
1st November 2019, 16:25
Wow! Send him! - I mean, I would love to get another slutty and trashy pop banger from Ukraine but Rogozhynskyi Dmytrii's voice is simply incredible! Wow!

Sammy
1st November 2019, 18:33
In fact - a very good voice!
Only thing is, this kind of artist (young, male, kinda cute) attracts a lot of negativity from a certain fraction of fans for whatever reason in advance. Of course it‘s always about their song, but interestingly these fans seem to know that the song will be meh long before it is even published. The list of examples for this is long and I don‘t give any to avoid the „yes but HE was REALLY cheesy, awful, dated,.... you name it. I wonder when this narrative will start about Dymitro

Mainshow
1st November 2019, 18:50
Only thing is, this kind of artist (young, male, kinda cute) attracts a lot of negativity from a certain fraction of fans for whatever reason in advance. Of course it‘s always about their song, but interestingly these fans seem to know that the song will be meh long before it is even published. The list of examples for this is long and I don‘t give any to avoid the „yes but HE was REALLY cheesy, awful, dated,.... you name it. I wonder when this narrative will start about Dymitro

The older gay men grow, the more embittered and grumpier they get.

WhoKnows
1st November 2019, 21:51
16 years old Twink Sinatra Dmytro Rogozhynsky who sings in baritone will submit his entry.
He's being prepared by the producer of our JESC entry.

Nat King Cole cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcMkfSMsFng

I've heard only covers from him so I have no idea about the song, if it's as great as JESC entry I don't mind to see him on Vidbir.

https://i.imgur.com/95F6X8Z.jpg

If his JESC entry is anything to go by, I'm not expecting anything amazing.

AlekS
2nd November 2019, 13:28
Only thing is, this kind of artist (young, male, kinda cute) attracts a lot of negativity from a certain fraction of fans for whatever reason in advance.
Everything depends of the song. My 2 worries about him is whether Vidbir producers would select him at all and what if the song sucks. He's VERY attractive :oops: but we never choose just for looks. Also I don't want to see some less talented twink being chosen (because of good relationships with producers) instead of him. Dmytro stands in the league of his own - he's not just a good-looking teen.

ps. The main excuse to bitch about our entry beforehand will be politics. In Wiwi-style... let's praise Russia and slam Ukraine, bring all the hate & fakes we can find (they literally copy & pasted one Ukrainian blogger's assumptions and published them as their own article), not talking about re-posting Russian media instead of reading the original source.
And what did I witness yesterday? Certain Western broadcaster basically re-posted all that shit on its official site and even mentioned Wiwi (so professional) instead of receiving the receipts from us :lol: That coincided with certain big political event in that country involving Russia which happened 2 days ago. Vidbir announcement has been made 2 weeks ago but they delayed the article and posted it 2 days ago, what an interesting choice of timing :rolleyes: The title of that article was so biased that even they changed it in 30 minutes since it's been posted.... one 0 (or very low mark) from their jury beforehand. I won't be surprised if there are more broadcasters like that one.

AlekS
5th November 2019, 01:48
KAZKA is recording the new song (for the new album).
At the same studio where they recorded Apart.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4dRjFRpnlT/

That backing vocalist should sing the whole song :oops:

AlekS
6th November 2019, 13:41
xlove The Hardkiss gave incredible acoustic concert in Kyiv.

https://i.imgur.com/ZOzziw4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aIRY6JM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5VkzlkF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/InLgtbB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wiyHWDl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QtO8N2T.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Qy5RPEg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uNjICtg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oV6EkeB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ORuuz9Z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0kCxdSm.jpg

Yulya and her gays:
https://i.imgur.com/syvrqFo.jpg
The drummer in a mask is no longer with them. They revealed his face yesterday:
https://i.imgur.com/Y5qcx7Q.jpg

The tour is over, now it's time for Eurovision the new chapter :rolleyes:

Sammy
7th November 2019, 18:10
The older gay men grow, the more embittered and grumpier they get.

And the younger the gay men are, the bitchier they are :lol:

Fierro
8th November 2019, 09:00
And the younger the gay men are, the bitchier they are :lol:

I think both statements equally imply to women. Not all of course, but general tendency, at least where I live.

AlekS
8th November 2019, 15:47
Another entry for Vidbir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxz50w5n2d0

Pleasant & unusual. Not sure if I would vote for something like this but I liked the culmination. The song will be obviously edited for Vidbir if it gets selected.

Meanwhile Tayanna keeps raping her style:

https://i.imgur.com/UgCr6uk.gif

That wig reminds me someone xthink

https://i.imgur.com/7xhdm2U.jpg

Edweis
8th November 2019, 20:42
Another entry for Vidbir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxz50w5n2d0

I like it a lot ! Not what I expected for Vidbir but I hope this will do well.

AlekS
11th November 2019, 02:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvbSBkDzFTQ

The hutsul queen of trash vlogs made her 1st music video ever and was asked by NF bosses to make another song for Vidbir.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/tg7TYrYeXp1Cw/giphy.gif

ps. It's my guilty pleasure :D She will stay in Vidbir's semi but the trash quota should be hers.
The beat is SICK xheat

Waiting for the epic trash battle on auditions with Hapuga:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtyKiWzgA50

Yoozek
12th November 2019, 20:37
The hutsul queen of camp/trash vlogs made her 1st music video ever and was asked by NF bosses to make another song for Vidbir.

ps. It's my guilty pleasure :D She will stay in Vidbir's semi but the trash quota should be hers.
The beat is SICK xheat

Waiting for the epic trash battle on auditions with Hapuga

Hapuga looks like Zulema from Vis a Vis and moves like Maruv next to those fountains. Count me in!

AlekS
18th November 2019, 23:37
I want to see this one on Vidbir as a semifinal filler, pls mr. Kvinta 8-), you know him well ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PULDAb5Z-p8

BarefootBoogaloo
19th November 2019, 00:32
https://media.giphy.com/media/l1JoiEAUDftf6wTok/giphy.gif

https://youtu.be/ohmiaCSRtO8

WhoKnows
19th November 2019, 00:52
I want to see this one on Vidbir as a semifinal filler, pls mr. Kvinta 8-), you know him well ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PULDAb5Z-p8

Why filler? That's pretty good. Who is he?

Alaska49
25th November 2019, 20:30
If his JESC entry is anything to go by, I'm not expecting anything amazing.
did we watch the same show? the spirit of music was brilliant and a clear case of a song and a performer that were too good for eurovision. if the same composers are working with this boy, i look forward to see him in vidbir.

WhoKnows
26th November 2019, 16:07
did we watch the same show? the spirit of music was brilliant and a clear case of a song and a performer that were too good for eurovision. if the same composers are working with this boy, i look forward to see him in vidbir.

It finished 15th out of 19. Whatever you may think about the song/performance/singer, that result is a bust. And it was clear that it would be the moment it was selected.

Loindici
26th November 2019, 16:23
Whatever. The Spirit of Music is great (at least for me, it is).

elanyvx
26th November 2019, 17:06
I want Vilna/Eria/Irina pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnXU4mnU8F4

WhoKnows
26th November 2019, 17:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnXU4mnU8F4

That chipmunk voice is not doing it for me.

AlekS
26th November 2019, 18:24
Most def not this time, she's on tour.

AlekS
27th November 2019, 23:51
LETAY frontman will probably take part one more time as the lead singer of AIO band with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfIdq_YuB9s

njdevils94
29th November 2019, 09:03
xheat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPKqyudEUAE

AlekS
29th November 2019, 14:00
Vidbir producer hopes that performers won't screw up at the live auditions.

He also posted this:

https://i.imgur.com/D56nrTD.jpg

AVA is probably the girl from Ukraine's Next Supermodel.

If I saw it right we've got the first big name - JERRY HEIL. Her biggest hit has 14 million views on YT. It was literally everywhere this summer.
The song title is very short so this is probably the new song in Ukrainian or English.

AlekS
29th November 2019, 22:01
M1 Music Awards is tomorrow xheya

All biggest names who take part in Vidbir usually perform on M1 Music Awards first (The Hardkiss, Jamala, Maruv, KAZKA).

https://i.imgur.com/5qxNNpB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/L0l5SX4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/427TeWN.gif

:o The stage & lighting are epic this year.
The first Vidbir 2020 associated act (::ro Vanotek & ::ua Myata) will be there as well.

John1
29th November 2019, 22:05
xheat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPKqyudEUAE

A BOP

WhoKnows
29th November 2019, 23:44
Based on nothing whatsoever, I feel like we're gonna have a returning ESC artist in Vidbir. Maybe Zlata or Alyosha.

AlekS
30th November 2019, 00:11
Based on nothing whatsoever, I feel like we're gonna have a returning ESC artist in Vidbir. Maybe Zlata or Alyosha.
Zlata instead of Jamala in the jury is more realistic, imho.

Sammy
30th November 2019, 00:14

Why is that?

Mainshow
30th November 2019, 00:29
I'm still praying for Vidbir going to be scrapped. I just need KAZKA in Eurovision. Ukraine, don't you want my 20+ votes?

WhoKnows
30th November 2019, 01:00

Really? I feel like she doesn't even have much of a career at the moment to speak of.

Kam2
30th November 2019, 22:06
Fragment of the picture on the previous page
https://i.imgur.com/kFbISPI_d.jpg
Havana feat. Yaar & Kaiia - Big Love

https://youtu.be/aVFNJBqj5vU
Did they confuse Vidbir with Selectia nationala?
Or did Vanotek ditch Myata in favor of his own band with crimean tatar vocalist?
Their previous song has 50M Views on YT.

AlekS
30th November 2019, 22:42
I can't at this Romanian expansion :lol: Both songs suck, imo.

ps. I think I can decipher Ingret and Sonya Kay from that pic.

There's also this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7546nbsRyw

There's also FIINKA - Груба

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvbSBkDzFTQ

But she has already confirmed that she was asked to write another one ... so the songs in the list aren't the final option.
Performers aren't shortlisted too.

WhoKnows
30th November 2019, 23:39
Lol I don't know how you can even tell anything from that pic. A+ for investigative work.

I like the Romanian song and the one by ENDJL.

AlekS
1st December 2019, 02:35
X Factor judges ditched 4 performers (1 per every judge).

Imho X Factor is incredibly weak this season and the strongest in NK's team (Yuriy Kanalosh) was eliminated.
He said he's gonna prepare for Vidbir (the deadline is on Christmas).

His today's performance: https://youtu.be/sXE4axb9HBw?t=141
He's cute but his vocals didn't convince me.

GianlucaTomoe
1st December 2019, 02:58

I wish Anastasia Prikhodko would return.

choda
1st December 2019, 03:20
All of names we talk about must fullfil criteria of not performing in Russia. I would like KAZKA but is it realistic? A band with a hit with 260m views to sacrifice for going to Vidbir? Hardly.

Mainshow
1st December 2019, 03:44
The Romanian song is absolutely horrible.
I love the one by that guy you posted.... That's actually what I want to hear from Ukraine for years now!!!

Kam2
1st December 2019, 11:47
Former Voice kids winner and soon to be X factor one 17-year-old Elina Ivashchenko said that she is preparing a song for Vidbir.
Yesterday’s live performance at the X factor.

https://youtu.be/LCAP0kRflNo
1944 during Voice kids knockouts phase few years ago.

https://youtu.be/IKOP3Bz7Jyc

AlekS
1st December 2019, 12:09
^Imho, it's too soon for her. She's got awesome ballads but this Vidbir song is uptempo, with jazzy elements :? Not sure if it would work well for her.

All of names we talk about must fullfil criteria of not performing in Russia. I would like KAZKA but is it realistic? A band with a hit with 260m views to sacrifice for going to Vidbir? Hardly.
:lol: they have already refused from performing in Russia in the beginning of their existence.

WhoKnows
1st December 2019, 15:16
If Elina gets a good song, she has my support.

Is it true that Kadnay performed in Russia? :(

AlekS
1st December 2019, 16:01
Is it true that Kadnay performed in Russia? :(

If it happened once or twice few years ago, UA:PBC will close their eyes on that. According to UA:PBC president, so don't worry ;)
UA:PBC will not check the performers at all, btw. It will be up to society to react.

I've heard KADNAY will skip this year. One of the band members is not in awe from Eurovision while another one gave us hope for 2021.

WhoKnows
1st December 2019, 17:06
If it happened once or twice few years ago, UA:PBC will close their eyes on that. According to UA:PBC president, so don't worry ;)
UA:PBC will not check the performers at all, btw. It will be up to society to react.

I've heard KADNAY will skip this year. One of the band members is not in awe from Eurovision while another one gave us hope for 2021.

They posted on their Instagram their performance on Comedy Women - a show that takes place in Russia, no? Some of the comments there expressed disappointment with that.

AlekS
1st December 2019, 17:24
They posted on their Instagram their performance on Comedy Women - a show that takes place in Russia, no? Some of the comments there expressed disappointment with that.
Not some, but most of them :lol: 1 year ago - "We won't go there. We can't betray our soldiers".

https://pics.me.me/thumb_you-cant-blame-a-hoe-wendy-for-doing-what-hoes-52726629.png

AlekS
1st December 2019, 18:32
Vidbir producer posted in his FB that he thinks that JERRY HEIL should have been awarded the best breakthrough of the year award on M1 Awards.

It's safe to say that she's the first known Vidbir semifinalist cuz her name is in the "leaked" list.

AlekS
5th December 2019, 15:12
OGAE Ukraine president submitted his entry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjbNUzS-goY

Messy production + imho, he should have sticked to songwriting and given this song to someone else.

WhoKnows
5th December 2019, 19:55
^That's a no from me. Production and soundmixing, particularly, are terrible - sounds like a demo. On top of that, I just don't think it's any good of a song.

njdevils94
5th December 2019, 23:13
Meanwhile in 45 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNv-6XybPrw

Mrm
5th December 2019, 23:37
Is there any chance that Artik & Asti take part? xlove xheart

WhoKnows
6th December 2019, 00:36
Is there any chance that Artik & Asti take part? xlove xheart

I would say less than 0 chance. Pretty much their whole career is in Russia.

AlekS
6th December 2019, 15:16
KAZKA released the English version of Палала:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwoUuOMOZ2Y

Even though they saved the culmination in Ukrainian, this version sounds more boring/"sterile"/soulless.
Andreas ÷hrn (::se Gravitonas) is a co-author. He also wrote NuAngels' Vidbir 2016 entry "Higher" ;)
Wondering if they've applied with this song, but it's 3:18 *confused*.

ps. UA:PBC hinted that Alyona Alyona submitted her song :o

WhoKnows
6th December 2019, 15:55
I can see Alyona Alyona winning the NF - she seems to have a lot of momentum in Ukraine, BUT she's going to flop bad at ESC. I personally don't get the hype around her, so I hope she doesn't win.

Kazka needs to chill. They've flopped at Vidbir twice now. They're doing fine without ESC.

AlekS
6th December 2019, 16:35
I can see Alyona Alyona winning the NF - she seems to have a lot of momentum in Ukraine, BUT she's going to flop bad at ESC. I personally don't get the hype around her, so I hope she doesn't win.

Kazka needs to chill. They've flopped at Vidbir twice now. They're doing fine without ESC.
She can get screwed by our televoters. Danylko hates rap so if he stays she won't win.

KAZKA needs to improve her vocals :rolleyes:

If Danylko stays... another epic drama & vicious bitching are coming xpopcorn There's massive bad blood between 3 producer camps going on right now. To the point where it escalated on X Factor last Saturday and on Facebook where their main producers joined the fight xheat

Kam2
6th December 2019, 17:58
^ I doubt that Danylko will be in the judging panel when Verka has this fresh 3 minute bop to participate with.
Make it rain champagne

https://youtu.be/W2eJjWMqBSo

AlekS
6th December 2019, 20:58
Verka, Alyona Alyona, KAZKA, Jerry Heil ... not with our luck. I won't be surprised if none of them will be in the list :lol:
Verka could become our 2019 representative but she chose to appear as a special guest + the jury member becoming a participant? Lol. Not to mention her corporate parties in Russia, it would be lulzy to see her in the jury.

BarefootBoogaloo
7th December 2019, 01:51
Even though they saved the culmination in Ukrainian, this version sounds more boring/"sterile"/soulless.

https://media.giphy.com/media/E99OMc6pkdvGw/giphy.gif

Mrm
7th December 2019, 02:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwoUuOMOZ2Y

xlove xheart

KAZKA is awesome..but KAZKA live..hmmm.. :( :cry: