PDA

View Full Version : Hungary HUNGARY 2020 - not taking part

escYOUnited
10th May 2019, 15:10
http://flagpedia.net/data/flags/w1160/hu.png

Alaska49
31st May 2019, 04:59
nobody posting in this thread at all after everyone being SHOCKED AND APPALLED that az en apam NQ'd proves that nobody was that invested in az en apam to begin with and just thought it was a song they were Supposed To Love. IN THIS ESSAY I WILL--

anyway, hungary. a dal. stop actively and consciously killing the televote favourites just because you can. like, that's literally what the jury was doing this year lol. there was no rhyme or reason to their scores other than that. if the juries can't vote responsibly and allow themselves to agree with the televote then the format needs to be thrown in the bin. just be normal and do a 50/50 system for once.

alternative: internally select petruska after doing him so dirty this year. fucking rascals.

BarefootBoogaloo
2nd June 2019, 01:08
nobody posting in this thread at all after everyone being SHOCKED AND APPALLED that az en apam NQ'd proves that nobody was that invested in az en apam to begin with and just thought it was a song they were Supposed To Love. IN THIS ESSAY I WILL--

While I preferred Origo, I still think it should've qualified.

anyway, hungary. a dal. stop actively and consciously killing the televote favourites just because you can. like, that's literally what the jury was doing this year lol. there was no rhyme or reason to their scores other than that. if the juries can't vote responsibly and allow themselves to agree with the televote then the format needs to be thrown in the bin. just be normal and do a 50/50 system for once.

xyeah
I'd love to see Leander Kills come back, but after how the juries screwed them over this year, I don't blame them if they stay away.

HayashiM
17th June 2019, 21:26

alternative: internally select petruska after doing him so dirty this year. fucking rascals.

It's the opposite in my case - I had been so invested that I have been sulking in the corner till this very day. ;-)

Anyway, please let's ditch the A Dal's format, I just hate it.

Loindici
18th June 2019, 02:45
Search for a new (and less misogynistic) jury set. They're the ones that mess up the system this year.

EscGeek
4th July 2019, 09:12
Deniz & Reni is such a perfect combination. Send them! Here's the follow up of Ide várnak vissza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVVJSJaABAIxlisten2

anaraqueen
4th July 2019, 16:34
please DenizESC has to go asap

ESC94
9th September 2019, 16:48
Any news from Hungary??

I hope they´ll reach the final again next year, they always send something different to the contest, it may not always be my taste, but they are at least interesting.

I would love to see the contest in Budapest in the future, would make a great host city for sure.

NemesisNick
5th October 2019, 19:49
Any news from Hungary??
According to the ESC 2020 page on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest_2020), Hungary hasn't yet announced whether or not it wants to participate in ESC 2020. However, according to Eurovision World (https://eurovisionworld.com/eurovision/2020/event), Hungary is on the list of 40 countries that have expressed their initial interest for participation in ESC 2020. Confusing to say the least! Anyway, I guess neither is an official source.

ESC94
5th October 2019, 20:06
According to the ESC 2020 page on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest_2020), Hungary hasn't yet announced whether or not it wants to participate in ESC 2020. However, according to Eurovision World (https://eurovisionworld.com/eurovision/2020/event), Hungary is on the list of 40 countries that have expressed their initial interest for participation in ESC 2020. Confusing to say the least! Anyway, I guess neither is an official source.

Yeah, I think we have to wait until the EBU announces the number of participating countries.

Charly
19th October 2019, 16:06
There is an increasing amount of uncertainty by MTVA

Not sure if A Dal will be used for ESC citing rule changes especially the song publishing data of March 2018 rather than the September 1 2019.

John1
19th October 2019, 17:26
It isn't so bold to assume that Hungary is going to withdraw, since most of you don't know that they usually confirm very late and shortly before the deadline.

BorisBubbles
20th October 2019, 02:54
We're currently looking at more info, but it looks like Hungary may indeed withdraw.

Or at least not use A Dal for ESC.

ESC94
20th October 2019, 12:59
Maybe an internal selection??

hungo
20th October 2019, 15:22
would be strange if they still bring a dal but change to an internal selection. i also cant imagine that hungary will withdraw. let wait and see.....

AlekS
20th October 2019, 19:34
If it's not internal selection then they want to select the performer at A Dal and annnounce a separate call for authors songs xshrug

John1
20th October 2019, 21:44
We're currently looking at more info, but it looks like Hungary may indeed withdraw.

Or at least not use A Dal for ESC.

lol what? why would hungary even withdraw from esc?

randajad
21st October 2019, 08:56
Bad ratings?

Charly
21st October 2019, 17:08
For now just a complete mystery :lol:

John1
25th October 2019, 22:10
lol ok everyone has gone mad on twitter saying that ::hu will withdraw... :lol: omg stop spreading fake news

ESC94
25th October 2019, 22:11
I won´t believe anything until we have a confirmation.

John1
25th October 2019, 22:16
I won´t believe anything until we hav a confirmation.

Und du hast Recht! ;)

They only dropped their selection process, so what? It did happen before and it will most likely occur all over again with other countries.

Mainshow
25th October 2019, 23:42
Apparently, the Hungarian broadcaster said that "instead of competing at Eurovision, A Dal will focus on national/local talent" and that's why fans and international fan pages think that Hungary would be going to withdraw. They take the Hungarian broadcaster's first phase as proof (and I can totally say why they come to that conclusion) but there's still a glimpse of hope that it was just referring to A Dal as a format to select the Hungarian entry.... At least, I will keep my fingers crossed.
https://eurovoix.com/2019/10/25/hungary-withdraws-from-the-eurovision-song-contest/

Mainshow
26th October 2019, 00:06
Maybe Hungary just ditched A Dal as a preselection process because they have already internally chosen Aly Ryan to be Hungary's entrant?

ESC94
26th October 2019, 00:08
Maybe Hungary just ditched A Dal as a preselection because they have already internally chosen Aly Ryan to be Hungary's entrant?

Yeah, that´s the answer most likely. xrofl3

tuorem
26th October 2019, 00:29
Maybe Hungary just ditched A Dal as a preselection because they have already internally chosen Aly Ryan to be Hungary's entrant?

So withdrawing wouldn't be the worst case scenario then?? xshifty

Mainshow
26th October 2019, 00:36
So withdrawing wouldn't be the worst case scenario then?? xshifty

OMG leave Aly Ryan alone, pls xD

anaraqueen
26th October 2019, 00:38
Maybe Hungary just ditched A Dal as a preselection process because they have already internally chosen Aly Ryan to be Hungary's entrant?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS what a country xheat

Vektor
26th October 2019, 18:46
It's pretty simple what's happening. It's not worth it for the MTVA to send someone to the ESC, because the ratings are low and nobody cares about the ESC anymore in Hungary. Why do we still have A Dal? Well, because it doesn't matter how low the ratings are, the money they spend on a show made by them goes into the pockets of the "friends" of the Hungarian government. It's the same money laundering scheme they do with everything else in the country. But they obviously can't launder money with an ESC participation.

GRE
26th October 2019, 21:36
Hungary is out ! https://oikotimes.com/breaking-news-%f0%9f%87%ad%f0%9f%87%ba-hungary-withdraws-from-the-eurovision-song-contest-2020/

I will miss you Hungary :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEYt1kd1K1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiqwj6a2J4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOimfHq76xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdybVsBESQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT2DcpqvorI

Realest
26th October 2019, 21:38
Its Oikotimes, so theres still Hope.

Btw. the best Entry was Origo,

GRE
26th October 2019, 21:51
Its Oikotimes, so theres still Hope.

Btw. the best Entry was Origo,

You mean your favorite entry.

GRE
26th October 2019, 21:53
I also liked their 2011 entry, but Kati's life performance was a mess

Citelis
26th October 2019, 23:19
The best Hungarian entry ever is by far Friderika in 1994! ''Origo'' is great but nowhere close to ''Kinek mondjam el vétkeimet''.

HayashiM
26th October 2019, 23:33
*****! @$%$$@! *#*#*#*#*!
This is just a bad dream of mine, right?

Sammy
27th October 2019, 09:08
oikotimes... :rolleyes:
As long as we don't have an official statement that is reported by reliable sites and sources, I count Hungary in.

randajad
27th October 2019, 10:38
That article says the same thing as others and then just jumps to conclusion Hungary is withdrawing. That level of journalism xheat

ESC94
27th October 2019, 12:10
oikotimes... :rolleyes:
As long as we don't have an official statement that is reported by reliable sites and sources, I count Hungary in.

Is oikotimes generally not a trustworthy website??

BorisBubbles
27th October 2019, 13:45
We don't know whether Hungary will compete in Rotterdam. Nobody does.

Members of our team have contacted officials who may know more, but as long as they don't reply back, Hungary's participation will remain a big question mark.

Mainshow
27th October 2019, 14:01

Amongst fans, it's widely known that oikotimes follow its own narrative. People claim they usually promote rumours as confirmed news, e.g. they believed that Portugal would be disqualified 2011, that Greece would withdraw 2012, that the Hungarian entry 2011 was plagiarism, Czech Republic would switch to semi 2 in 2018 (after Mikolas got hurt in the rehearsals)...they also wrote that the Echo awards 2011 were hosted by Bruno Mars and Adele (lol), that San Marino was to sent a girl band from Hong Kong back in 2013.... They are also very patriotic and published articles like "Maria Elena Kyriakou explains why she failed: it was due to ORF!" :D - Maybe submitting a boring, old-fashioned and dated ballad back in 2015 was the reason for not making the Top 10?

They have also stated that "Greece is thinking to withdraw becasue of bad result in 2014" and that "The EBU to impose sancations on MRTV (2017)" (FYR Macedonia) which in fact, didn't happen at all. :D - That's why even a few Greek fans told me to not take anything for granted what Oikotimes posts.

Back in 2012, Oikotimes had troubles with a huge virus (Trojaner).

They also helped to spread hatred when it comes to Germany, e.g. publishing articles such as "BREAK THE RULES IT'S OK IF YOU ARE NDR" - They published it even AFTER NDR as well as EBU declared that Mobilée's entry was eligible for the preselection.

Personally, I think that the page is trustworthy in terms of Greece, Cyprus and Russia (somehow they got exclusive) but personally, I don't like the page's attitude towards other nations.

They are usually quite faster than other pages, though, and therefore, it's difficult to avoid the page.

Ok, these were my 2 cents.

Mainshow
27th October 2019, 14:07
We don't know whether Hungary will compete in Rotterdam. Nobody does.

Members of our team have contacted officials who may know more, but as long as they don't reply back, Hungary's participation will remain a big question mark.

Thank you for trying to reach out to get a proper and official announcement/information.

Personally, I would be utterly sad. Hungary has been a great country in Eurovision. I haven't loved all of their choices but they have been one of the best countries in the competition based on originality and diversity, in my opinion; especially their entries in 2014, 2017, 2018 were bold as f*ck.

ESC94
27th October 2019, 14:10
Amongst fans, it's widely known that oikotimes follow its own narrative. People claim they usually promote rumours as confirmed news, e.g. they believed that Portugal would be disqualified 2011, that Greece would withdraw 2012, that the Hungarian entry 2011 was plagiarism, Czech Republic would switch to semi 2 in 2018 (after Mikolas got hurt in the rehearsals)...they also wrote that the Echo awards 2011 were hosted by Bruno Mars and Adele (lol), that San Marino was to sent a girl band from Hong Kong back in 2013.... They are also very patriotic and published articles like "Maria Elena Kyriakou explains why she failed: it was due to ORF!" :D - Maybe submitting a boring, old-fashioned and dated ballad back in 2015 was the reason for not making the Top 10?

They have also stated that "Greece is thinking to withdraw becasue of bad result in 2014" and that "The EBU to impose sancations on MRTV (2017)" (FYR Macedonia) which in fact, didn't happen at all. :D - That's why even a few Greek fans told me to not take anything for granted what Oikotimes posts.

They also helped to spread hatred when it comes to Germany, e.g. publishing articles such as "BREAK THE RULES IT'S OK IF YOU ARE NDR" - They published it even AFTER NDR as well as EBU declared that Mobilée's entry was eligible for the preselection.

Personally, I think that the page is trustworthy in terms of Greece, Cyprus and Russia (somehow they got exclusive) but personally, I don't like the page's attitude towards other nations.

They are usually quite faster than other pages, though, and therefore, it's difficult to avoid the page.

So we should take everything from them with a HUGE grain of salt?? For some reason I expected this.

Mainshow
27th October 2019, 14:17
^^ Definitely.

I mean, it depends on what you want. They keep you alive off-season (as long as you don't catch a virus) but they focus more on their own narrative + rumours than anything else.

Sammy
27th October 2019, 21:46

Of to put it in short: oikotimes is the RTL II of eurovision. :lol:

ESC94
27th October 2019, 21:47
Of to put it in short: oikotimes is the RTL II of eurovision. :lol:

Or to say it shortly: Ignore them!! Am I right??

Vektor
27th October 2019, 21:49
I think the only reason we don't have an official statement is because MTVA is avoiding bad press. They will just continue to not confirm anything until we reach the ESC deadline and Hungary just won't be among the entries.

ESC94
27th October 2019, 21:53
I think the only reason we don't have an official statement is because MTVA is avoiding bad press. They will just continue to not confirm anything until we reach the ESC deadline and Hungary just won't be among the entries.

I think we just have to wait and see what happens. xshrug

anto475
28th October 2019, 00:22

Not to mention that Fotis Konstantopolous has been reported at many contests to have been running around the press centres stealing laptops. Oikotimes is an utter mess.

Mainshow
28th October 2019, 01:29
Not to mention that Fotis Konstantopolous has been reported at many contests to have been running around the press centres stealing laptops. Oikotimes is an utter mess.

OMG! That's something I've never heard of before. Wow.

Sorcery
28th October 2019, 11:32
The reason is simple why they don't start. .It's considered to gay propaganda. Thats all.

Grinch
29th October 2019, 02:27
Why is this thread sticky?

Sammy
29th October 2019, 10:10
Why is this thread sticky?

A very good question!

Mainshow
29th October 2019, 23:01
esctoday just published an article stating that they have reached out to Duna TV and they interpret the broadcaster'answer that Hungary would withdraw and even state that "Hungary joins the list of countries announcing their non participation".

Instead of taking part in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2020, we will support the valuable productions created by the talents of Hungarian pop music directly.

Duna Television will support the winner of A Dal 2020 with numerous promotional opportunities and a chance to perform on the stages of the most prestigious Hungarian festivals.

Additionally, the winner will be rewarded with a special promotion on Petőfi Radio and will receive support for the development of their music career.

http://esctoday.com/177000/hungary-has-mtva-withdrawn-from-eurovision-2020/

ESC94
29th October 2019, 23:46
That´s pretty sad.:cry:

HayashiM
30th October 2019, 00:13
Basically, when the year's number ends with a zero, Hungary takes a gap year. :(

GRE
30th October 2019, 01:58
Bye Hungary :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evffsXJwXDQ

John1
30th October 2019, 02:43
Its withdrawal isn't even confirmed since this statement is vague, so I wouldn't put "not taking part" beside the thread's title. We should be quite careful about translation issues and stuff, as I personally believe that Hungary didn't write this statement in English.

Anyway, I'm so pissed at Hungary's attitude, like, if they want to promote the Hungarian music industry/culture at a whole another level, the best thing to do is not to take part at ESC according to them? Okay, lol, bye Felicia!
However, we all know that the real reason behind Hungary's withdrawal from the ESC is that they didn't make it through for the first time since 2011. Lol, what?!

The Netherlands didn't qualify for 8 years in a row and they still attempted to get back to the grand final and they did so in 2013. What about Hungary? They nearly miss out a spot to the GF and they withdraw from the ESC. :lol:

Never come back Hungary, no one misses you here. xkiss

anaraqueen
30th October 2019, 02:45
I'll miss it because I like how experimental they were. We need it!1111 :(

AshleyWright
30th October 2019, 02:46
no clear withdrawal but it's as good as. Such a shame because they've put up some really great entries. Didn't think they'd be leaving ESC.

Edweis
30th October 2019, 10:06
If it turns out to be true then it's a real shame, they weren't afraid to send entries which differed from the common ESC song. Each year I looked forward to the A Dal selection.
I didn't always like their entry, but when I did it was a top 8 for sure.

MalagaToledo
30th October 2019, 10:43
At the end it's the same. Hungary withdraws, but Ukraine is back, so the balance is restored. I don't remember any hun songs that I listen to after eurovision.

Sammy
30th October 2019, 11:15
This very strongly reminds me of Turkey. Anti-european attitude masked behind some random explanation....
too bad!

MalagaToledo
30th October 2019, 11:36
This very strongly reminds me of Turkey. Anti-european attitude masked behind some random explanation....
too bad!

Interesting. I just read the same thoughts on another esc forum. I doubt it's financial reason. It might be very that or possibly bad results. Hungary isn't as much open minded country as her neighbouring central European countries.

ESC94
30th October 2019, 11:48
Its withdrawal isn't even confirmed since this statement is vague, so I wouldn't put "not taking part" beside the thread's title. We should be quite careful about translation issues and stuff, as I personally believe that Hungary didn't write this statement in English.

Anyway, I'm so pissed at Hungary's attitude, like, if they want to promote the Hungarian music industry/culture at a whole another level, the best thing to do is not to take part at ESC according to them? Okay, lol, bye Felicia!
However, we all know that the real reason behind Hungary's withdrawal from the ESC is that they didn't make it through for the first time since 2011. Lol, what?!

The Netherlands didn't qualify for 8 years in a row and they still attempted to get back to the grand final and they did so in 2013. What about Hungary? They nearly miss out a spot to the GF and they withdraw from the ESC. :lol:

Never come back Hungary, no one misses you here. xkiss

Sorry, but this is a big lie!! NONO

nofuxCZ
30th October 2019, 12:20
Very sad. Hungary delivers almost every year - a big loss for Eurovision

Ezio
30th October 2019, 14:43
Where's the confirmation that Hungary has withdrawn? The only thing we know is that A Dal is not the selection format for Eurovision. They might as well have already internally chosen a great act and rather not go public yet. Fans jumping to conclusions xfacepalm

John1
30th October 2019, 15:39
All I've got to say is that if they indeed went on to withdraw from the ESC, that'd be quite a childish attitude from the Hungarian broadcaster. Do y'all think, that if they qualified this year, they would still have withdrawn? Highly doubt it tbh.

Sorry, but this is a big lie!! NONO

When has Hungary been a powerhouse at the ESC or delivered a single time since 2014? Apart from 2014, 2017 and 2018, I can't remember anything relevant from Hungary.

They were never in for a win anyway, so that's not a big loss to me.

ESC94
30th October 2019, 15:48
All I've got to say is that if they indeed went on to withdraw from the ESC, that'd be quite a childish attitude from the Hungarian broadcaster. Do y'all think, that if they qualified this year, they would still have withdrawn? Highly doubt it tbh.

When has Hungary been a powerhouse at the ESC or delivered a single time since 2014? Apart from 2014, 2017 and 2018, I can't remember anything relevant from Hungary.

They were never in for a win anyway, so that's not a big loss to me.

You already wrote it. It isn´t a a big loss to YOU!! Don´t talk in the name of others!!

I would personally miss them a lot since they alway brought a very interesting flavour to the contest.

Mainshow
30th October 2019, 15:54
I would even sacrifice Germany, Spain and/or the UK for Hungary.

Hungary has always been kinda bold and diverse at Eurovision. They might not have submitted the best entries but clearly one of the most interesting ones, especially in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018.

2019 and 2016 weren't bad either

HayashiM
30th October 2019, 16:25
Where's the confirmation that Hungary has withdrawn? The only thing we know is that A Dal is not the selection format for Eurovision. They might as well have already internally chosen a great act and rather not go public yet. Fans jumping to conclusions xfacepalm

As things are, I think we don't have the official confirmation yet, but everything points that way. In such cases, I prefer to be pessimistic and assume the worse option. Any eventual pleasant surprise more than makes up for me being wrong.

John1
30th October 2019, 17:17
You already wrote it. It isn´t a a big loss to YOU!! Don´t talk in the name of others!!

I would personally miss them a lot since they alway brought a very interesting flavour to the contest.

That's why I wrote "to me". Calm your tits sis'.

Sammy
30th October 2019, 17:27

The issued a statement where it says „instead of participating in the ESC“ or something similar. So no official withdrawl but still a clear statement... I was also sceptical until that statement, but it seems to be true...

Grinch
30th October 2019, 18:05
That's sad. I liked their experimental entries :(

ESC94
30th October 2019, 19:07
Another question: Does someone know why the ESC isn´t broadcasted on the big main channel M1 anymore but on Duna??

John1
30th October 2019, 20:04
The issued a statement where it says „instead of participating in the ESC“ or something similar. So no official withdrawl but still a clear statement... I was also sceptical until that statement, but it seems to be true...

This is not a statement from MTVA but from A Dal's producers.

Sammy
30th October 2019, 20:49
This is not a statement from MTVA but from A Dal's producers.

I get confused... I thought I read it was MTVA...

John1
31st October 2019, 00:33
I get confused... I thought I read it was MTVA...

Actually, no...

Charly
31st October 2019, 01:01
I think for now, its best to take off 'Not taking part' till whatever is official. ;)

GRE
31st October 2019, 01:12
It is official
https://oikotimes.com/breaking-news-%f0%9f%87%ad%f0%9f%87%ba-hungary-withdraws-from-the-eurovision-song-contest-2020/

Schlagerman1
31st October 2019, 01:34
It is official
https://oikotimes.com/breaking-news-%f0%9f%87%ad%f0%9f%87%ba-hungary-withdraws-from-the-eurovision-song-contest-2020/

It is still the same statement, nothing is 100% clear. It could be that they want to trick us fans, and suddenly go for a internal choice, where Andras Kallay-Saunders in som form could be the one maybe. I know it sounds stupid, but we have had a lot of stuff happen in the contest that has been outrageous, so who knows.

GRE
31st October 2019, 09:15
I believe it's very clear and obvious, but we (the fans) don't want to realize it.

Mainshow
31st October 2019, 10:02
I believe it's very clear and obvious, but we (the fans) don't want to realize it.

It might be "obvious" but it is still not official.
Thus, there's still a slight chance of Hungary taking part and just ditching their preselection process.

Let's wait for something official to claim that it's official instead of relaying on interpretation by fans based on a statement on A Dal.

randajad
31st October 2019, 10:08
Oikotimes, again :rolleyes:
To be completely honest, I do not care that much if Hungary withdraws. Love the country, it is very prett, cool language, culture and music, but me personally rarely have big favourites among their entries. That being said, I think we should wait the official list of participants, published by EBU.

Schlagerman1
31st October 2019, 12:31

Still, they don't say that they ARE withdrawing. Either it is the language barrier that has made everyone confused and believes it is so that they will. But they should know the word "withdrawing" since Hungary is a country that has done it a lot in the past. That makes me think that they could be just messing with us, making some extra coverage just to see how the fans react and from that decide if they are staying or not. We haven't heard anything from the EBU either that any country is on the verge of withdrawing (at least from what I heard, maybe someone has more info about that?), so that makes me think that they could be just testing us....

Maybe there are spies from MTVA amongst us, laughing at us and pressing their fingertips to each other and says:
https://media0.giphy.com/media/8fen5LSZcHQ5O/giphy.gif

:?

Charly
31st October 2019, 13:04
I always think and continue to believe Oikotimes are a bad source for such news :lol: they are biased for godsake :lol:

The only clear way to see is either an official statement by MTVA or the official participation list which should be upcoming oretty soon so for now although very clear A Dam wont be used, I will count Hungary as still participating untill its made officially

Romeo
3rd November 2019, 01:36
I always think and continue to believe Oikotimes are a bad source for such news :lol: they are biased for godsake :lol:

The only clear way to see is either an official statement by MTVA or the official participation list which should be upcoming oretty soon so for now although very clear A Dam wont be used, I will count Hungary as still participating untill its made officially

Do people still use oikotimes? I literally just got reminded it was a site and went on to it and it said I last visited in 2017 haha

Daybreak
6th November 2019, 12:43
Hungary often sends these genuinely interesting songs, I think they might actually be one of my favorite ESC countries since I've pretty much liked all of their entries at least somewhat since 2014 or so. Given what their current government and political situation is like, I guess I can also appreciate how it doesn't seem to have to affected their Eurovision selection/participation (at least so far, anyway).

FilipFromSweden
13th November 2019, 17:24
STRANGE. NO PARTICIPATION

ESC94
13th November 2019, 17:26
I´m very sad right now. xcry

randajad
13th November 2019, 17:33
Honestly, don’t care. It is a beautiful country, but I rarely cared for their entries.

Biscuit02
13th November 2019, 21:11
I really don't understand Hungary they don't qualify once and withdraw because of that, if so then they should come back when they are not such sore losers, The Netherlands didn't qualify from 2005 to 2012 but they didn't withdraw and now they qualify almost every year, same with North Macedonia, even my country particiapted from 2005-2013 even though we only qualified in 2007, and the only reason we withdrew in 2014 and 2019 as well were finanacial diffictulties, but that's clearly not the case for Hungary because they will still have A Dal just now i't won't be used for Eurovision.

My point is that basically Hungary withdrew without any real reason.

Mainshow
13th November 2019, 21:55
Devastating news, I'm utterly sad about it. Hungary has been on of my favourite countries lately and I really don't get their withdrawal. It's not like a situation like Portugal vs. Sweden, or Turkey vs. Rest of the world or Hungary having scored poorly in the past... It doesn't make sense to me.

I hope that they will be back in 2021. I ALREADY MISS THEM

ESC94
13th November 2019, 21:56
Maybe political reasons??

Mainshow
13th November 2019, 21:58
Maybe political reasons??

I don't think so. Poland didn't withdraw either.

Vektor
14th November 2019, 19:55
The ratings were incredibly low, that's the clear reason. They don't want to spend money on an event that almost nobody cares about in Hungary. And obviously it also doesn't help that ESC doesn't represent the "Christian" (in other words, homophobic) worldview of the right wing government. I am pretty sure about that we won't return in the near future.

Vektor
14th November 2019, 20:01
Also, just to be clear, the right wingers used their "ESC is for the degenerates" narrative in the last few weeks to justify the withdraw. It couldn't be more clear that Hungary won't return until we have a left wing government. So see you guys in 2030 (I am not joking, Orbán will be in power for a very long time)...

BernadetteCydonia
14th November 2019, 20:35
Also, just to be clear, the right wingers used their "ESC is for the degenerates" narrative in the last few weeks to justify the withdraw. It couldn't be more clear that Hungary won't return until we have a left wing government. So see you guys in 2030 (I am not joking, Orbán will be in power for a very long time)...

this is devastating as fucking fuck. I started loving Hungary since AWS got chosen, and now this happens??? fucking hell... can't believe my new favourite ESC country is gonna miss out on a long ass time because of some fucking stupid politics... jesus

BorisBubbles
14th November 2019, 21:00
lol if that's the general attitude they can stay gone. Bye felicia.

We will happily adopt any repressed hungarians. ^__^

BernadetteCydonia
16th November 2019, 15:06
lol if that's the general attitude they can stay gone. Bye felicia.

We will happily adopt any repressed hungarians. ^__^

may I join in opening the shelter? xrose

Alaska49
25th November 2019, 20:27
with the direction their NF was going i won't particularly miss them this year and if they are going to be all right-wingy about it then they can stay gone too. we can do better.

Lindon
28th November 2019, 10:16
The Guardian:
Hungary pulls out of Eurovision amid rise in anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric

...a pro-government television commentator referred to Eurovision as “a homosexual flotilla” and said not participating would benefit the nation’s mental health.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/nov/27/hungary-pulls-out-of-eurovision-amid-rise-in-anti-lgbt-rhetoric

Mainshow
28th November 2019, 11:27
It breaks my heart that such assholes still exist and that they are able to make such disgusting comments.

Anyway, I hope to see Hungery back. They have some history in terms of withdrawals and comebacks... So who knows...

Citelis
28th November 2019, 13:23
It's not a surprise. Far-right goverments (like Orban's) does not hate only refugees. They hate everyone.

ESC94
28th November 2019, 16:20
The direction ::hu is taking in recent years is pretty disturbing, especially when you keep in mind that it used to be one of the more liberal countries in Eastern Europe.

AlekS
28th November 2019, 16:47
a homosexual flotilla

Bishwut?! *AlekS turns his head*

https://i.imgur.com/moTgwxU.gif

Russia being called "a homosexual flotilla", Putin be like:

https://i.imgur.com/4b5fCgC.gif

FilipFromSweden
29th November 2019, 12:23
Don't let the door hit you on the way out, trash!

MalagaToledo
29th November 2019, 12:46
xyesxsalutexyaaay I will miss their brilliant entries. How can we ever live without masterpieces from this wonderful nation.

A-lister
29th November 2019, 20:23
is the news about Hungary's alleged reason for withdrawing real news or "fake news"? xshrug

ESC94
29th November 2019, 22:13
is the news about Hungary's alleged reason for withdrawing real news or "fake news"? xshrug

Well, nobody really knows. xshrug

Sammy
30th November 2019, 00:16
I suspected Hungary would follow the path of Turkey in this matter. If this alleged reason is really true it would support this suspicion. And it would be a deep concern far beyond the contest.

randajad
30th November 2019, 09:17
Guys, guys, let them be miserable alone. When they become normalnagain they will come back.

Grinch
30th November 2019, 23:23
So is it true? They withdrew because it's gay?

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/904/451/4451904.gif

Matt
30th November 2019, 23:29
Don't think it was posted here but the broadcaster responded

lavieenrose
30th November 2019, 23:32
The broadcaster doth protest too much, methinks.