PDA

View Full Version : Estonia ESTONIA 2020

escYOUnited
10th May 2019, 15:06
http://escunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Estonia-scaled.jpg

ESC United content on Estonia 2020:
Estonia: First Eesti-Laul participants revealed for 2020 (https://escunited.com/estonia-first-eesti-laul-participants-revealed-for-2020/)

randajad
11th May 2019, 17:50
Let’s resurrect that Inga - Lumevärv collab xlove

eerik
17th May 2019, 21:16
Tomi Rahula should step down and issue a public apology. That is all.

tuorem
17th May 2019, 22:27
This year, Eesti Laul was so cheap both musically and visually. How can one go from the most "now" and edgiest NF to Moldovan levels of production and substance? I'm still giving a sour laugh to the promised visuals and stagings - supposed to make mediocre and similar-sounding songs more unique - which were nonexistent.

Please make Estonia great again.

eerik
17th May 2019, 23:05
This year, Eesti Laul was so cheap both musically and visually. How can one go from the most "now" and edgiest NF to Moldovan levels of production and substance? I'm still giving a sour laugh to the promised visuals and stagings - supposed to make mediocre and similar-sounding songs more unique - which were nonexistent.

Please make Estonia great again.

We all know it's because of Tomi Rahula. He's a complete fraud, a con man. He has sullied the name of Eesti Laul, and alienated local singers-songwriters. Nothing good will come out of Eesti Laul in-name-only 2020 as long as he's in charge.

Realest
17th May 2019, 23:07
I have a Feeling it will be Stefan this Year after 2 3rd Places.

wtf
20th May 2019, 04:16
Hope she takes part next year. It's about time the urban/trap trend reached Eurovision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gdXBZO8ToI

anaraqueen
20th May 2019, 04:25
stan iiris

Daybreak
20th May 2019, 09:33
Hip-hop would be awesome if unlikely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUt0FuqY34M&list=PLvzSgU4z2qtJAyrJcrkhWyxhGzJhYtPzs&index=33&t=0s

wtf
20th May 2019, 20:23
Bold prediction: Uku will be back with a song written by Kirkorov.

eerik
20th May 2019, 22:39
Bold prediction: Uku will be back with a song written by Kirkorov.

Sounds plausible. I bet all the entries will be Uku-level "I must get to the Eurovision or else I will die" crowd.

wtf
20th May 2019, 23:39
Sounds plausible. I bet all the entries will be Uku-level "I must get to the Eurovision or else I will die" crowd.

The rules for next year will be published by the beginning of June, the producer said. Would not be surprised if it drifts even further away from the OG Eesti Laul concept because I recall him mentioning he'd not change anything major the first year. :rolleyes: we'll see.

eerik
21st May 2019, 00:25
The rules for next year will be published by the beginning of June, the producer said. Would not be surprised if it drifts even further away from the OG Eesti Laul concept because I recall him mentioning he'd not change anything major the first year. :rolleyes: we'll see.

Rahula said already last year that he's considering ordering entries from specific people for the contest. Which is exactly what Paadam did in the last years of Eurolaul, and the reason we got Leto Svet. Good luck with that.

Alaska49
21st May 2019, 00:37
*reality show-esque chanting and booing* GET TOMI RAHULA OUT. GET TOMI RAHULA OUT.

Daybreak
21st May 2019, 01:18
Rahula said already last year that he's considering ordering entries from specific people for the contest. Which is exactly what Paadam did in the last years of Eurolaul, and the reason we got Leto Svet. Good luck with that.

It's a fallacious comparison because it ignores the general public mood towards Eurovision back in 2008, that the contest is "unfair" to Estonia and people missing the "glory days" of the late 90's. I seriously doubt any invited composers now would enter a troll song that then goes on to win large public support.

That being said, I'm not exactly in favour of inviting certain people beforehand either. It would likely lead to lots of written-for-Eurovision type songs.

wtf
21st May 2019, 23:45
Kerli liked many Eurovision related comments on her IG, even plenty that shaded Storm. "Estonia didn't deserve to qualify" among many :lol: She seemed to have liked Iceland, Austrlia and Malta as she liked comments mentioning them as well.

She also replied to a comment asking her to return with: "I’ll fuck w Amsterdam any time! One of my favorite cities ✨"

If true, 2020 is gonna be interesting.

Alaska49
22nd May 2019, 05:18
the time at which i will be convinced kerli should have won over koit and laura is NEVER THOUSAND YEARS FROM NOW WHEN I AM DEAD but spirit animal has regardless gotten me on her train and i want to see her back, specially if this is her attitude <3

LastDreamer
22nd May 2019, 16:03
Bring back Kaia Tamm. ;)

wtf
24th May 2019, 17:18
Sissi could easily win Eesti Laul with a better song. The fact that she was able to make a hideous song like Strong sound amazing and bring the energy is telling.

laululind
25th May 2019, 23:00
I just wish Kerli could actually sing better. :rolleyes: Unless the song was very undemanding, it would be another case of good potential shot down by shitty vocals. Perhaps a slower ballad with no dancers could work, so she could stack up 5 backing singers behind the scenes. :lol:

Wonder who Tomi would plan to invite, if he ever implemented such a plan. :rolleyes: If those invited were actual talented people and not just random dated hacks from Eurolaul days, it wouldn't necessarily be a disaster. That said, those people would need to take their job seriously and actually send something good. If they can't really be bothered and just fish out some random unfinished album filler, they'd only be wasting a spot in the lineup. I don't think Leto Svet would happen again, as long as juries are involved.. but wasting a spot on such garbage would be sad anyway. :lol: He'd better write "no troll songs!" in the contract. :rolleyes: Or reserve the right to actually reject the song, but that would probably cut down on people taking his offer.

wtf
26th May 2019, 15:14
The Kirkorov and Uku thing is only getting more likely. :rolleyes: Don't know how to feel about this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxukUuKB8g-/

Wonder who Tomi would plan to invite, if he ever implemented such a plan. :rolleyes: If those invited were actual talented people and not just random dated hacks from Eurolaul days, it wouldn't necessarily be a disaster.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kerli was one whom Tomi plans to invite. He literally got 3/7 of the international jury from Kerli. :lol: Her manager and 2 producers she's recently worked with. :rolleyes:

laululind
26th May 2019, 17:56
The Kirkorov and Uku thing is only getting more likely. :rolleyes: Don't know how to feel about this.

Imagine Uku & Kirkorov not even making it past the selection round. :lol: Or maybe he'd be on Tomi's invite list as well. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be surprised if Kerli was one whom Tomi plans to invite. He literally got 3/7 of the international jury from Kerli. :lol: Her manager and 2 producers she's recently worked with. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I imagine the likes of Kerli, Taukar, Lenna, Lepland, Lemsalu etc. All of them have already taken part on their own before tho', so it's not like they need a special invitation. :confused: But I suppose knowing they have a spot reserved might encourage them to enter.
He'll definitely need new international juries if Kerli takes part. :lol: Victor did better with Eurovision juries than EL ones.. not anything outstanding, but not the complete flop that EL jury result would have predicted. If he keeps the international juries, I hope they raise the number of jurors, have them judge on the final performance & include less random Americans. :) I'm sure there are plenty of random Europeans he can cobble together. :lol:

Alaska49
27th May 2019, 19:08
lmao imagine if uku just goes to like belarus or moldova to guarantee his eurovision ticket. it's what i want to happen tbh. i don't want a 100% kirkorov production in eesti laul at all STAY THE FUCK AWAY but uku would be such an incredible addition to The Fantastic World Of Kirkorov. he is perfect looking for the part (and just in general tbh).

wtf
30th May 2019, 20:47
The only returning artist we need. Would be so lovely to have her back with a strong jury-bite ballad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLYBstcUKOg

Realest
1st June 2019, 20:51
New Single of Victor. Imo very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WueLDczuto

Alaska49
1st June 2019, 23:13
of course his new song is just storm if you remove everything that made it horrible. why couldn't storm just have been this?

next up, stig rasta will also compose a song that is just storm-if-it-didn't-suck to confirm that the entire affair was born to spite me. (and a lot of the fandom, but mostly me, the person who matters!!!)

wtf
2nd June 2019, 03:22
of course his new song is just storm if you remove everything that made it horrible. why couldn't storm just have been this?

next up, stig rasta will also compose a song that is just storm-if-it-didn't-suck to confirm that the entire affair was born to spite me. (and a lot of the fandom, but mostly me, the person who matters!!!)

What's crazy is that Stig has sent a song every year for the past million years and he's won 3 times in the last 5 years, and the number would already be 4 if it wasn't for La Forza.
Can he just chill for one year, please? :rolleyes: GTY was his peak anyway, it seems.

Bsimmons
10th June 2019, 14:43
What's crazy is that Stig has sent a song every year for the past million years and he's won 3 times in the last 5 years, and the number would already be 4 if it wasn't for La Forza.
Can he just chill for one year, please? :rolleyes: GTY was his peak anyway, it seems.

You dont kill your cash cow, you milk it until it dies.

Loindici
10th June 2019, 18:47
You dont kill your cash cow, you milk it until it dies.

And Tomi will basically milk them all in 2020, ain't he?

Mimmon
7th August 2019, 19:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAuFkKLq4Yw

I commented on Evestus video asking if they intrested to participate in NF for next year. They hearted the comment.
Is this a sing that they are intrested to make a comeback ?

Romeo
17th August 2019, 01:37
DANIEL LEVI FOR 2020

That's all I ask!

Mainshow
31st August 2019, 04:11
The final of Eesti Laul will take place on 29th February, 2020!

Mrm
31st August 2019, 16:05
I want Kerli and Iiris Vesik back!!!

hunty73
2nd September 2019, 01:21
I want Kerli and Iiris Vesik back!!!

Lenna might have a shot if she returns.Won female artist of the year at this years Estonia music awards.She needs something strong enough for the televote though.
I still think Liis Lemsalu could go close with the right song.She has great songs,but then goes to EL with a weak one.She maybe doesnt quite have enough to win,but you never know.I loved her Püüab meid performance at the EMA last year,just needs to be a bit tighter.
NOËP would probably win if for some reason he decided to enter,now imagine him with Iiris,,that would be something to get excited about.

EL has lost its way the last few years.The show itself is fantastic now,the final production values really good,but the songs have been lacking.Lets hope things get back on track next year.ESC needs a strong EL and Estonia.

anaraqueen
2nd September 2019, 01:35
iiris xheat

randajad
2nd September 2019, 11:13
Lenna might have a shot if she returns.Won female artist of the year at this years Estonia music awards.She needs something strong enough for the televote though.
I still think Liis Lemsalu could go close with the right song.She has great songs,but then goes to EL with a weak one.She maybe doesnt quite have enough to win,but you never know.I loved her Püüab meid performance at the EMA last year,just needs to be a bit tighter.
NOËP would probably win if for some reason he decided to enter,now imagine him with Iiris,,that would be something to get excited about.

EL has lost its way the last few years.The show itself is fantastic now,the final production values really good,but the songs have been lacking.Lets hope things get back on track next year.ESC needs a strong EL and Estonia.
I love both Andres’ entries, so I would not mind him to return, especially featurin Iiris xheat Agree with everything you said about Liis, +1 was such a good album.

randajad
2nd September 2019, 11:14

I love both Andres’ entries, so I would not mind him to return, especially featurin Iiris xheat Agree with everything you said about Liis, +1 was such a good album.

hunty73
2nd September 2019, 15:10

Its always amazed me how Liis has access to some good songs yet comes to EL with the wrong ones.If you watch her performance of Sunflowers here i think it shows how good she can be with the right song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGLS0wze0ts

Maybe she needs to go for something like that instead of really low rent stuff.?
Andre and Iiris would be a dream team thats for sure.Brutal how talented Iiris is,but Andre would really help her deliver the goods.On talent they probably have enough between them to get into a top 5 position at ESC,with the right song of course.

outsynk
3rd September 2019, 14:31
So I'm guessing we will see Sven returning this year with his new artist German unless he is still hung up on the Verona mess. Would be a great opportunity to properly launch German who isn't really a big name yet. Just cut down on the autotune please.

https://youtu.be/UCs2n3sSmmg

Bsimmons
4th September 2019, 17:15
So I'm guessing we will see Sven returning this year with his new artist German unless he is still hung up on the Verona mess. Would be a great opportunity to properly launch German who isn't really a big name yet. Just cut down on the autotune please.

In classic Sven style the lyrics are just so cringeworthy that it just pretty much ruins everything else.

Loindici
5th September 2019, 04:05
Is GERMAN Greek/Lithuanian?

outsynk
5th September 2019, 16:01
In classic Sven style the lyrics are just so cringeworthy that it just pretty much ruins everything else.
I don't see a problem with his Estonian lyrics? Most of them are quite good. English lyrics I can agree with. I mean this song in particular of course has generic lyrics but nothing horrible you wouldn't expect from this kind of song.

Mrm
5th September 2019, 19:34

xupxupxupxupxup

What about Kerli in your opinion?

Did you like her Eesti Laul entry and performance “Spirit Animal”?

hunty73
6th September 2019, 14:02
xupxupxupxupxup

What about Kerli in your opinion?

Did you like her Eesti Laul entry and performance “Spirit Animal”?

I did like it,it was a bit rough around the edges but would of polished up nicely for ESC.Its always hard though coming up against really popular people among the Estonian public.The first thing i look for each year is who is safe and well liked.

ESC94
7th September 2019, 22:30
I really hope the Estonians send a good song next year, their last entry i liked was "Goodbye to Yesterday", afterwards it went really downhill.:?

outsynk
8th September 2019, 13:04
I really hope the Estonians send a good song next year, their last entry i liked was "Goddbye to Yesterday", afterwards it went really downhill.:?
http://i.imgur.com/4hXlep7.gif

ESC94
8th September 2019, 13:18
Sorry, but I didn´t get the hype around "Verona" either.

Loindici
8th September 2019, 13:30
Another question regarding Eesti Laus is: will we get another Stig song?

tuorem
8th September 2019, 15:01
Another question regarding Eesti Laus is: will we get another Stig song?

The contrary would be surprising imo. Especially given how successful "Storm" was xboring Personally, the last entry I liked from him was "In Or Out", he lost me afterwards.

I thought the vintage flavour in his compositions made him stand out: now that it's gone, his recent entries sound like uninspired copies of other artists to me, which isn't the kind of evolution I'm here for. He's undoubtedly talented, but he should take a break from Eesti Laul and come back with a solid song imo. Inspiration comes and goes: unless he has a rock-solid concept in store, I'd rather he pulled a Lõhmus and took some time off.

Estonia is resourceful enough not to rely on one single songwriter. New blood would be appreciated.

Alaska49
9th September 2019, 02:44
king sven lohmus should compose the entry of every single country next year please

failing that, yes, i agree, estonia needs to trust their talent and give a chance to less known composers or even just leave stig rasta out for next year

Realest
24th October 2019, 13:54
::ee rejected her as well.

https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/73370610_943852039281294_1514254942850777088_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=110&_nc_eui2=AeGSpd-r5umriC_yDyESyZ0Dzli8PTHtLEfdduHj2EfPSoAlttEDpAbXq sX4uiWTJ2LrE6Bj7f_B6C3fcP1tZJohxqa0hXD1MHTvuq3GU8Y VRA&_nc_oc=AQnL6HBPYqd5A1p54jPFr98GmiYqWC7ruo-dnpWDhLs6dDkz_ra5m1EmdjdC4H_Uv2M&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.xx&oh=997eba63308b789c3d60a8dc0a1b3387&oe=5E1E79DB

ESC94
24th October 2019, 14:55
::ee rejected her as well.

https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/73370610_943852039281294_1514254942850777088_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=110&_nc_eui2=AeGSpd-r5umriC_yDyESyZ0Dzli8PTHtLEfdduHj2EfPSoAlttEDpAbXq sX4uiWTJ2LrE6Bj7f_B6C3fcP1tZJohxqa0hXD1MHTvuq3GU8Y VRA&_nc_oc=AQnL6HBPYqd5A1p54jPFr98GmiYqWC7ruo-dnpWDhLs6dDkz_ra5m1EmdjdC4H_Uv2M&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.xx&oh=997eba63308b789c3d60a8dc0a1b3387&oe=5E1E79DB

Is ist mean when that I´m laughing right now?? :lol:

tuorem
24th October 2019, 15:54
Self-esteem? I don't know her :lol:

Back to the topic, I genuinely cross my fingers for a better batch of songs for Eesti Laul next year: yes we had "Milline Päev", "Soovide Puu" and a few other okay songs this year, but overall everything was rather weak and sounded alike imo. I also hope that the production will improve because the shows were cheap as hell if you ask me, and there were no visuals despite what the new producer claimed when taking up his post. The fact Crone's qualification might be seen as an auspicious sign scares me a bit, for I personally don't want the NF to remain as is.

randajad
24th October 2019, 17:36
2016 songs and 2017 show, and I’m good. xheart

As for Aly, she needs someone to tell her.

BorisBubbles
25th October 2019, 00:09
I mean, she can always try Moldova. They've eagerly accepted other countries' reject trash before, so...

Sammy
25th October 2019, 09:35
I mean, she can always try Moldova. They've eagerly accepted other countries' reject trash before, so...

Oh come on - Aly is not trash though!

randajad
25th October 2019, 13:44
A bit.

AlekS
7th November 2019, 17:57
https://menu.err.ee/1000231/eesti-laul-2020-voistlusele-saabus-178-laulu

ERR received 178 songs.

76 in Estonian, 102 in other languages.
Performers and authors will be revealed next Wednesday & Thursday.

Sammy
7th November 2019, 18:01
https://menu.err.ee/1000231/eesti-laul-2020-voistlusele-saabus-178-laulu

ERR received 178 songs.

76 in Estonian, 102 in other languages.

100 in english, one in german, one in a rare estonian dialect :lol:

AlekS
8th November 2019, 01:01
one in a rare estonian dialect :lol:
called Russian.

tuorem
8th November 2019, 16:39
Only a few days left before we discover whether Rästa couldn't help submitting something or not. :mrgreen: Will Lõhmus rear his head instead?

I wouldn't mind if Uku Suviste didn't come back tbh, he wasn't that good live this year, the song was meh and we don't need Kirkorov there.

hunty73
9th November 2019, 03:26
Im hoping for a shock return for Kordumatu with the long awaited follow up to Bluestocking.Maria will show the world.:lol:

Failing that, a return for Ines would be lovely.

outsynk
9th November 2019, 23:42
Do they really need to announce the songs over two days? A mess.

Loindici
10th November 2019, 02:28
Do they really need to announce the songs over two days? A mess.

It might already be a semifinal division, which is less of a mess.

hunty73
10th November 2019, 22:23
eerik must of heard some rumours,might be the two semi's over the two days.Fingers crossed Estonia get back on track.

Biscuit02
12th November 2019, 23:01
There is a pattern I have noticed with Estonia, in 2009 they reached 6th place, then they didn't qualify in 2010 and had a bad result in 2011 then they were 6th again in 2012, then in 2013 they had a bad result and in 2014 they failed to qualify to the final, then in 2015 they ended in 7th place, then in both 2016 and 2017 they failed to qualify, then in 2018 they finished in 8th place, and then they once again had a bad result in 2019,

So It seems like Estonia gets a top 10 result every 3 years, if the pattern continues, then Estonia will either fail to qualify or have a bad result in 2020, and will finish in the top 10 in 2021.

outsynk
13th November 2019, 17:16
There is a pattern I have noticed with Estonia, in 2009 they reached 6th place, then they didn't qualify in 2010 and had a bad result in 2011 then they were 6th again in 2012, then in 2013 they had a bad result and in 2014 they failed to qualify to the final, then in 2015 they ended in 7th place, then in both 2016 and 2017 they failed to qualify, then in 2018 they finished in 8th place, and then they once again had a bad result in 2019,

So It seems like Estonia gets a top 10 result every 3 years, if the pattern continues, then Estonia will either fail to qualify or have a bad result in 2020, and will finish in the top 10 in 2021.
We been knew xx

Diego
13th November 2019, 17:18
What time will the first 12 participants be presented today?

njdevils94
13th November 2019, 19:10
Its being presented on ETV's Ringvaade program although it might not be until the end of it.

https://etv.err.ee/

Realest
13th November 2019, 20:09
STEFAN – By My Side
Kruuv – Leelo
SHIRA – Out In Space
Jaagup Tuisk – Beautiful Lie
Little Mess – Without A Reason
Ziggy Wild – Lean On Me
Uku Suviste – What Love Is
Traffic – Üks kord veel
Rasmus Rändvee – Young
Mariliis Jõgeva – Unistustes
Renate – Videomäng
Laura – Break Me

https://i0.wp.com/escxtra.com/wp-content/uploads/Eesti-Laul-SF1.jpg?resize=780%2C470&ssl=1

outsynk
13th November 2019, 20:13
A huge groan at three songs by Karl-Ander Reismann. Fingers crossed for Sven Lõhmus and no Stig Rästa for tomorrow.

outsynk
13th November 2019, 20:16
Never mind, Stig Rästa is part of the Traffic song.

"Beautiful Lie": Jaagup Tuisk (Jaagup Tuisk)
"Break Me": Laura (Janne Hyöty, Jessica Hyöty & Laura Põldvere)
"By My Side": STEFAN (Karl-Ander Reismann & Stefan Airapetjan)
"Lean On Me": Ziggy Wild (Laura Prits, Valdur Viiklepp, Sander Nõmmistu & Henri-Hannes Sell)
"Leelo": Kruuv (Allan Kasuk)
"Out In Space": SHIRA (SHIRA & Karl-Ander Reismann)
"Unistustes": Mariliis Jõgeva (Mariliis Jõgeva & Oliver Mazurtšak)
"Videomäng": Renate (Renate Saluste)
"What Love Is": Uku Suviste (Uku Suviste & Sharon Vaugh)
"Without a Reason": Little Mess (Ebbe Ravn, Timo Vendt, Mihkel Mattisen & Tanja Mihhailova-Saar)
"Üks kord veel": Traffic (Victor Crone, Fred Krieger, Vallo Kikas & Stig Rästa)
"Young": Rasmus Rändvee (Karl-Ander Reismann & Rasmus Rändvee)

Sammy
13th November 2019, 20:26
Apart from Stig Rästa and Uku Suviste I don't know any of the names. So ist that a promising line-up?

tuorem
13th November 2019, 20:29
Happy to see Laura and Rasmus Rändvee back. xcheer That was unexpected! Also hyped for Renate, her Eurovision piano covers on Youtube are great. Don't know what her voice sounds like though.

Stefan returning so soon is... xthink And Suviste is in, Lord help us!

outsynk
13th November 2019, 20:29
Apart from Stig Rästa and Uku Suviste I don't know any of the names.
http://i.imgur.com/OkDLwwH.jpg

jaan
13th November 2019, 20:30
Apart from Stig Rästa and Uku Suviste I don't know any of the names. So ist that a promising line-up?

If you like it bland and soulless: yes.

njdevils94
13th November 2019, 20:46
Kruuv – Leelo

https://i0.wp.com/escxtra.com/wp-content/uploads/Eesti-Laul-SF1.jpg?resize=780%2C470&ssl=1

I think Leelo is the artist and not Kruuv.

Daybreak
13th November 2019, 20:49
You know, I didn't care much about Stefan's previous entry, but his song Better Days is awesome and one of my fave Estonian songs this year. So if this new song is comparable, I'm all for it.

About the others... I remember Renate doing those cool drum'n'bass tracks back in like mid-decade, in fact Supernova from Eesti Laul 2019 reminded me of those. I have no idea what her newer stuff sounds like though, it might be completely different. Same with Laura, I know she's released some new music without Lõhmus that I haven't heard yet, and often when pop artists change their producers or start (co-)writing songs their sound might totally change. It seems like a decent lineup overall, I'm expecting to like at least some of those songs.

outsynk
13th November 2019, 20:53
I CAN'T at that new girl group looking like a carbon copy of La La Ladies. Same songwriters and one of them even looks just like Inga.

tuorem
13th November 2019, 21:00
I CAN'T at that new girl group looking like a carbon copy of La La Ladies. Same songwriters and one of them even looks just like Inga.

Are you referring to Little Mess? That name tho :mrgreen:

randajad
13th November 2019, 21:02
Kruuv, omg gimme that folk realness <333

Also can’t wait for Wiwibloggs to describe Laura Prits as Hey Kiddo hitmaker xheat

lavieenrose
13th November 2019, 21:21
I’m amazed and happy that Laura is back as quickly as she is after 2017; I really like her voice (NOT the Verona live performance).

It sounds like a name that someone would call Little Mix in order to be rude about them :lol:

Daybreak
13th November 2019, 21:22

Well, if they end up being picked and get a better result than the UK, maybe that'll lead to them sending Little Mix :p

Sammy
13th November 2019, 21:33
http://i.imgur.com/OkDLwwH.jpg

I f I say, I know of course Laura as well, would you lower the gun? :mrgreen:

outsynk
13th November 2019, 21:44
I f I say, I know of course Laura as well, would you lower the gun? :mrgreen:
Only if you really mean it.

Sean
13th November 2019, 21:51
Absolutely thrilled that Traffic are back xheya

anaraqueen
13th November 2019, 21:55
GO LAURA

And I hope Stefan goes with something similar to Laura (Walk With Me) this time

Sammy
13th November 2019, 22:20
Only if you really mean it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/fGIoXHnVkRQ4GThU7p/giphy.gif

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

BarefootBoogaloo
13th November 2019, 23:44
When Rasmus posted the news to his Instagram I was like

https://media.giphy.com/media/QeRhKTbtxw7GwzFTRb/giphy.gif

but Laura and STEFAN are returning as well?

https://media.giphy.com/media/gHEFgjbpbknCshW7uf/giphy.gif

Bsimmons
14th November 2019, 00:36
Tomi Rahula said that based on pre-selection jury scores the quality of songs this year was way better than last year. Last selected song that made the semis a year ago would have been only 60th this year ... so lets hope we will have better semis as there is not enough alcohol in Estonia for me to get through the same shitshow we experienced in 2019.

outsynk
14th November 2019, 19:47
INGA IS BACK
https://media.giphy.com/media/2tL31Pi2KilsHTf9cw/giphy.gif

Daybreak
14th November 2019, 20:05
"I'm Sorry. I Messed Up" Uudo Sepp (Andrei Zevakin)

"Georgia (On My Mind)" Egert Milder (Kaspar Kalluste, Matteo Capreoli, Egert Milder)

"Heart Winder" German & Violina (Timo Vendt, Ebbe Ravn, Carine-Jessica Kostla, Liis-Marii Vendt)

"Hingelind" Janet (Marek Rosenberg, Lauri Lembinen, Kadri Lepik, Janet Vavilov)

"Kapa Kohi-LA" Viinerid (Peter Põder, Hardo Hansar, Martti Kask)

"Kirjutan romaani" Revals (Jaanus Saago)

"Majakad" Synne Valtri feat. Väliharf (Synne Valtri, Jaanus Viskar, Toomas Laur, Gert Gregor Källo, Aapo Ilves)

"Miljon sammu" Merilin Mälk (Jonas Olsson, Teemu Jokinen, Jana Hallas, Merilin Mälk)

"Only Dream" INGER (Inger Fridolin, Karl-Ander Reismann)

"Ping Pong" Jennifer Cohen (Jennifer Cohen, Luisa Lõhmus)

"Right Time" INGA (Peter Põder, Allan Kasuk, Raul Krebs, Inga Tislar)

"Write About Me" Anett x Fredi (Frederik Küüts, Anett Kulbin)

outsynk
14th November 2019, 20:07
Have a great retirement Sven!

tuorem
14th November 2019, 20:10
So many returnees from last edition. I'm not thrilled about Synne, Inger and Jennifer tbh.

And INGA is back but with a song in English xthink

What do you think of this second batch of names guys? Daybreak outsynk

Daybreak
14th November 2019, 20:11
There seems to be a surprising amount of rehash from this year...

I don't really know most of them. Violina might be interesting and I liked Jennifer Cohen's previous song. There are some Idol finalists like Uudo and Merilin who are probably good pop singers I guess? And Jaanus Saago is the John4 guy from few years back I think.

outsynk
14th November 2019, 20:17
What do you think of this second batch of names guys? Daybreak outsynk
I'm not impressed. Way too many artists from last year. Only Inga is allowed to return!

They were already hyping Uudo Sepp who I was rolling my eyes at so prepare for a potential winner.

Four songs by Karl-Ander Reismann, one of them with Inger again. WHY.

I was expecting to see German but didn't expect him to be without Sven. *sigh*

Daybreak
14th November 2019, 20:29
Hilariously enough, Renate, who was revealed yesterday, apparently also has a song titled Ping Pong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2PuUgGDsYI

randajad
14th November 2019, 20:49
Omg where my Inga stans at? xheat
Also Anett Kulbin xheart
Also also Zevakin working with Sepp is making me laugh for some reason. Did they collaborate before?

lavieenrose
14th November 2019, 20:54
MY YEAR HAS JUST BEEN MADE. WELCOME BACK QUEN INGA OF THE ESTONIA.

njdevils94
14th November 2019, 20:56
Anett Kulbin xcheer I really liked Strong so happy to see her back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAx1TkGP4Do

Uku though is just my cup of tea. We really didn't need Inger, Jenifer Cohen, INGA, and Synne probably not. Merilin Mälk is just 18 and one of four former Estonian Idol 2018 alumni in this field (Others being Udo Sepp, Jenifer Cohen, and Jaagup Tuisk)

Egert Milder co-wrote Cold Love which was sung by Kerli Kivilaan last year. Traffic of course competed and go very close to winning in 2014. Superfinalists from 2018 (with Vaje), 2019 Stefan and 2017 Rasmus Rändvee are back for another year along with various newcomers.

And last of course is Laura who has been to ESC twice and failed to qualify both times but hasn't gone as a solo act yet.

I guess the early front-runners would be Stefan, Rasmus, Uku, Traffic, Laura, and maybe Merilin Mälk as an outside choice.

randajad
14th November 2019, 21:26
I love all of her entries, especially Resignal xheart

Mrm
14th November 2019, 23:16
OMFG!!! :o

INGA it is the RIGHT TIME for you!! xlove xheart

https://i.ibb.co/qMVdzfs/ezgif-com-resize.gif

xyaaay xyaaay xyaaay

Mrm
14th November 2019, 23:20
See ya in Rotterdam, guys! xheart

https://media.giphy.com/media/2bWI5byGNPbDfcrDWS/giphy.gif

laululind
14th November 2019, 23:56
So many returning artists, but I guess that's nothing new in Eesti Laul. Small country and everything. :rolleyes: Happened back in Purga days as well. I do wish a few of the ones who just took part last year would have taken a little break, but oh well. Biggest way to promote your music and all that, can't really blame people for trying I guess. I'll wait and see what songs they all bring to the table.

I don't expect Laura to be a contender this year, if her recent songs are anything to go by. They don't quite have the same mass-appeal her Lõhmus entries had, but who knows, maybe she saved her best banger for EL. It'll be interesting to see. :D No Sven to be seen, it seems his muse is taking a break.
I hope Uudo won't win just because he's cute and has blue eyes and whatever else got him his Idol win. :rolleyes: Dude's not even that good of a singer. If he wins, I fully expect a vocal flop come May. But hey, maybe he has a really good song.

Mrm
15th November 2019, 00:11
So many returning artists, but I guess that's nothing new in Eesti Laul. Small country and everything. :rolleyes: Happened back in Purga days as well. I do wish a few of the ones who just took part last year would have taken a little break, but oh well. Biggest way to promote your music and all that, can't really blame people for trying I guess. I'll wait and see what songs they all bring to the table.

I don't expect Laura to be a contender this year, if her recent songs are anything to go by. They don't quite have the same mass-appeal her Lõhmus entries had, but who knows, maybe she saved her best banger for EL. It'll be interesting to see. :D No Sven to be seen, it seems his muse is taking a break.
I hope Uudo won't win just because he's cute and has blue eyes and whatever else got him his Idol win. :rolleyes: Dude's not even that good of a singer. If he wins, I fully expect a vocal flop come May. But hey, maybe he has a really good song.

https://i.imgur.com/vAuRvF8.gif

ESC94
15th November 2019, 14:54
Hopefully I can support an entry from ::ee next yea again, the last time I cheered for one of their entries was "Goodbye to Yesterday" in 2015, which I still love.

Good luck!! The lineup looks promising so far!! xcheer

tuorem
15th November 2019, 14:59
Mrm is turnt up and ready for Inga's election campaign. :lol: I'm sure he's preparing banners and leaflets as I write this.

I fear poor Bsimmons will have to suffer another year of gif spam. Life is unfair.

Zonne147
15th November 2019, 20:51
Estonia, my good friend, please don't disappoint me again :lol:

::ee is the only country that selected my favourite song in each NF, since 2017... Weird huh?

Well, there are many returning artists... I hope they make the best choice again.

Imo everything sounds promising according to the participants list and to what I have been reading everywhere.

Hope we have a good NF, I think the winners are always good but there is always something missing in Eesti Laul to be considered as one of the best NF's...

randajad
15th November 2019, 21:02
Hope we have a good NF, I think the winners are always good but there is always something missing in Eesti Laul to be considered as one of the best NF's...

Imo, quite the opposite, fantastic festival, usually safe and dull winners :lol:

Zonne147
15th November 2019, 21:25
Imo, quite the opposite, fantastic festival, usually safe and dull winners :lol:

This is my opinion only in a musical way, in terms of lights/stage/camera work it is one of my favourites...

Yes, Storm and Verona were too too safe, but tbh imo nothing was better than those ones in 2017 and 2019... There were riskier choices but I don't know if the result would be better

randajad
15th November 2019, 21:33
This is my opinion only in a musical way, in terms of lights/stage/camera work it is one of my favourites...

Yes, Storm and Verona were too too safe, but tbh imo nothing was better than those ones in 2017 and 2019... There were riskier choices but I don't know if the result would be better
Oh I like them as well, don’t get me wrong, even the worse ones, but they usually have much better acts left behind.

BarefootBoogaloo
16th November 2019, 09:11
Hilariously enough, Renate, who was revealed yesterday, apparently also has a song titled Ping Pong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2PuUgGDsYI

Ping Pong was recommended to me last week on Spotify xlol

outsynk
16th November 2019, 14:47
I noticed Inga has now gone blonde, clearly to differentiate herself from that knock off from Little MESS. Clever Inga!

ESCDenmark
18th November 2019, 22:41
According to eurovisionworld.com

All songs from Estonia 2020 will be realesed on 30 november. 2019

https://eurovisionworld.com/esc/estonia-here-are-the-participants-for-eesti-laul-2020

tuorem
19th November 2019, 01:18
I noticed Inga has now gone blonde, clearly to differentiate herself from that knock off from Little MESS. Clever Inga!

"knock off" :lol: I'm under the impression those girls will get a slap in the face with you. And I'm low-key high-key here for it...

Also, why not post Ingoddess's performance? It's been a while :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o89KI6kZv2c

njdevils94
19th November 2019, 01:48
According to eurovisionworld.com

All songs from Estonia 2020 will be realesed on 30 november. 2019

https://eurovisionworld.com/esc/estonia-here-are-the-participants-for-eesti-laul-2020

No surprise as that is when Eesti Laul Start show is and they are usually all out after that programs concludes.

tuorem
20th November 2019, 00:57
Why did the Youtube channel that posted all the Eesti Laul performances was deleted a few days ago? :( This is so stupid.

I wish I had saved some videos, now everything's gone.

Mrm
23rd November 2019, 20:43
Mrm is turnt up and ready for Inga's election campaign. :lol: I'm sure he's preparing banners and leaflets as I write this.

I fear poor Bsimmons will have to suffer another year of gif spam. Life is unfair.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alaska49
25th November 2019, 03:16
so, eesti laul 2020 = "despite the good result, we decided that it wasn't a good idea to let a swede win, so we are just gonna do eesti laul 2019 again without victor crone"? so many people returning immediately. we don't need any of you other than inga right now. in particular, GO TO BED STIG RASTA GOOD LORD.

outsynk
26th November 2019, 20:06
https://youtu.be/ciGwRjmC36o

It's no Verona is it.:(

tuorem
26th November 2019, 21:12
Laura's voice xlove This woman always gets me.

It's a cute duet, I didn't think they would collaborate again. But yeah, "Verona" is >>>>>>>>>>>>

Lõhmus, if you read us, I'm waiting for "Venice" next edition xpray

edit: outsynk I didn't know Laura had released a song last month. The songwriters are the same for new entry "Break Me" apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dvUGi-VU9w

njdevils94
26th November 2019, 23:14
so, eesti laul 2020 = "despite the good result, we decided that it wasn't a good idea to let a swede win, so we are just gonna do eesti laul 2019 again without victor crone"? so many people returning immediately. we don't need any of you other than inga right now. in particular, GO TO BED STIG RASTA GOOD LORD.

I think he's one of the favorites to win writing for Traffic this time around. :D

outsynk
26th November 2019, 23:16
edit: outsynk I didn't know Laura had released a song last month. The songwriters are the same for new entry "Break Me" apparently.
Yeah she basically did an entire album with these songwriters. It's coming out next week.

Daybreak
27th November 2019, 18:13
Semifinal 1, February 13

Anett x Fredi - "Write About Me"
Egert Milder - "Georgia (On My Mind)"
INGA - "Right Time"
Jennifer Cohen - "Ping Pong"
Kruuv - "Leelo"
Laura - "Break Me"
Little Mess - "Without a Reason"
Rasmus Rändvee - "Young"
Renate - "Videomäng"
Revals - "Kirjutan romaani"
STEFAN - "By My Side"
Synne feat. Väliharf - "Majakad"

Semifinal 2, February 15

German & Violina - "Heart Winder"
INGER - "Only Dream"
Jaagup Tuisk - "Beautiful Lie"
Janet - "Hingelind"
Mariliis Jõgeva - "Unistustes"
Merilin Mälk - "Miljon sammu"
SHIRA - "Out In Space"
Traffic - "Üks kord veel"
Uku Suviste - "What Love Is"
Uudo Sepp - "I'm Sorry. I Messed Up"
Viinerid - "Kapa Kohi-LA"
Ziggy Wild - "Lean On Me"

It's not the performing order, though.

Mainshow
28th November 2019, 00:01
I would like to hear something extra-ordinary in Estonian again (or someting like 2018).
2017 and 2019 were painfully tragic and dreadful.

Biscuit02
28th November 2019, 02:06
I would like to hear something extra-ordinary in Estonian again (or someting like 2018).
2017 and 2019 were painfully tragic and dreadful.

I am afraid you will have to wait till 2021, because it seems like Estonia sends a top 10 song every three years see: 2009,2012,2015,2018,2021???

Daybreak
29th November 2019, 21:57
The unexpected things you can discover listening to the radio - apparently Koit Toome and Hedvig Hanson did an Estonian cover of "A Whole New World" from Aladdin way back in the 90's. Oh, and I finally heard Laura's Keerleme and I really like it, so I'm looking forward to her Eesti Laul track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgGc0e0cmA8

randajad
29th November 2019, 23:26
I remember Getter Jaani sang this exact version at Eesti otsib superstaari? It is quite lovely.

pastablanche
30th November 2019, 16:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzIjU6Buvzk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkk1_JIBA6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TIE-MHt1_s

outsynk
30th November 2019, 17:34
Where are these leaks coming from?
http://i.imgur.com/MNfnlrL.gif

randajad
30th November 2019, 17:48
Oh my god Stefan staph with these basic bitch songs, they all sound the same. Shira tho xheat

pastablanche
30th November 2019, 18:38
Where are these leaks coming from?
http://i.imgur.com/MNfnlrL.gif

they're not leaks, it just so happened that the songs got released by the artists' labels on youtube/spotify before the official ERR release.

outsynk
30th November 2019, 19:35
staph with these basic bitch songs, they all sound the same.
Us after we've heard all the songs.

randajad
30th November 2019, 22:05
I love Egert's song. Very George Ezra xheart

Yanis2Y
30th November 2019, 22:10
For now, I really like Stefan, Laura, Egert Milder, Traffic & Jaagup Tuisk's songs.
Hope this will be a better selection than last year...
Love that there is a lot more Estonian songs than previous years.

Mrm
30th November 2019, 22:11
RainyWoods

OMG, Synne Valtri feat. Väliharf “Majakad” sounds like Finnish schlager sung by mature female singer with male voice and looks like Sanna Nielsen! FAVE alarm!! :o

Bsimmons
30th November 2019, 22:26
It is insane I liked so many songs ... like 10+ and hated almost none (maybe 1 or 2), so it is like total reverse from last year.

Yanis2Y
30th November 2019, 22:30
Unistustes = BOP
I also really like Videomäng.

njdevils94
30th November 2019, 22:36
Traffic should be one of the favorites.

randajad
30th November 2019, 22:41
This is really good, I am half through the songs and I didn’t like only Laura Prits.

Bsimmons
30th November 2019, 22:42
Stefan, Shira, Jaagup Tuisk, German, Mariliis Jõgeva stood out for me, but that was based on a 1 minute clip

Daybreak
30th November 2019, 22:49
So far I like Laura and Little Mess the best, as well as maybe Merilin, Mariliis and Revals. I might support the hip-hop track if the performance isn't something ridiculous, if mostly just because it sounds more like 90's rap than recent Soundcloud stuff.

njdevils94
30th November 2019, 23:02
Stig delivered so much! Üks kord veel is amazing xheart

Kairit
30th November 2019, 23:02
I am stanning Synne Valtri this year. xfaint

pastablanche
30th November 2019, 23:05
omg jaagup SLAYED xheat serving that "imma rip off the previous winner but do it better" realness

Bsimmons
30th November 2019, 23:07
omg jaagup SLAYED xheat serving that "imma rip off the previous winner but do it better" realness

yes, I liked him a lot, but would hate us to send a copycat from previous year.

randajad
30th November 2019, 23:16
After the first listening I love the overall sound of the 2020 edition. There are quite a few nice entries and videos are very pretty. From what I remember my faves could be Traffic, 90s throwback queen Inga, upgraded Jennifer Cohen, Jaagup Tuisk, Rasmus and Shira. Inger improved and Kruuv has the best song since Tantsida on hea, I’m impressed. xheat Honorary mention: all blond girls singing in Estonian, Little Mix & Laura; Honorary Where Are the Cats award goes to Viinerid. Overall nice.

pastablanche
30th November 2019, 23:17
you know when youtube cover singers release their first original single? out in space is that song

pastablanche
30th November 2019, 23:19
also i was prepared to hate the georgia song but it being about georgia the country is pretty hilar oops

Bsimmons
30th November 2019, 23:23
also i was prepared to hate the georgia song but it being about georgia the country is pretty hilar oops

I kept hearing: "geo-ORGIA on my mind" there

hunty73
30th November 2019, 23:44
Little Mess have a song that feels slow and flat.Very talented singers though so live they might make it work.These girls would do very well with a great song i think,but the production on this has lots of mistakes and is dis-jointed.Im surprised they accepted this song unless they feel its much better live.Amazing harmonies and range these girls have yet the melody keeps stopping them in their tracks.

Synne Valtri isnt of this world.She is like a Siren of myth calling ships onto the rocks up that lighthouse.She cant of walked up all those steps in that dress.

Traffic will do very well,is it a Super final 1st or 2nd though?.it sounds like a song that something would get in front of,but if nothing stands out live they will take it.

Inger is a one trick pony and keeps releasing the same song.Might do ok though.

Shira is very very interesting.I have a feeling this young lady is a real talent and could make a name for herself.The song is a slow burner,but its very classy and has some very great layers to it.It lacks the hooks and instant hit that usually get songs into the Super final,but this is going to be all about creating an atmosphere.Is that piano in D-. all the way through the melody?If they get the staging right on this it will do well,if they dont it wont.

Diego
30th November 2019, 23:54
My favorites:

Rasmus Rändvee - Young
Jaagup Tuisk - Beautiful Lie
Traffic - Üks Kord Veel

tuorem
1st December 2019, 00:16
Having listened to all the entries minus a couple, I unfortunately don't share your enthusiasm guys. I don't really see a difference between this lineup and the previous one.

What surprised me is that it sounds more like Louisiana Laul than Eesti laul: what's with all these mainstream pop entries with country flavour? xthink

Once again, nothing really stands out to me.

After one listening, I remember:

-Jennifer Cohen "Ping Pong": this may well be among my favourites, the production is great and addictive. Sadly, the chorus is flat and we could have lived without the swear words. Not to mention I suspect this will flop since Cohen doesn't have any charisma to do it justice. Pity.
-Renate "Videomäng": same criticism as for "Ping Pong", the production is interesting, but the chorus is meh. I look forward to her live performance though. I like her for some reason.
-SHIRA "Out in Space": best ballad of the whole lineup imo. Hopefully, she can make something out of it live. I imagine a mysterious presentation to set the right atmosphere. Please don't put her behind a piano! xpray
-Synne Valtri feat. Väliharf "Majakad": Synne is going all out this time :lol: Well, at least the song is catchy and isn't country-pop. Go mamma! Save us from boredom!
-Ziggy Wild "Lean on Me": not entirely my thing, but this woman seems to have both attitude and a good voice for this kind of song. The live performance should be energetic.
-Laura "Break Me": I didn't know what to think of her song at first, since I didn't expect her to go in this direction. The production is lit and gets better with each listening actually. The best country-ish pop entry on offer by far. Could be my personal pick this season.

I'm disappointed by Inga and Rasmus Rändvee. I had other plans for them. :(

FabiESC
1st December 2019, 00:41
Laura – “Break Me” 10/10
SHIRA – “Out In Space” 10/10
Jaagup Tuisk – “Beautiful Lie” 9/10
Traffic – “Üks kord veel” 8/10
Uku Suviste – “What Love Is” 8/10
STEFAN – “By My Side” 7/10
Uudo Sepp – “I’m Sorry. I Messed Up” 7/10
Synne Valtri feat. Väliharf – “Majakad” 6/10
German & Violina – “Heart Winder” 6/10
Egert Milder – “Georgia (On My Mind)” 5/10
Rasmus Rändvee – “Young” 5/10
INGA – “Right Time” 4/10
Little Mess – “Without a Reason” 4/10
Mariliis Jõgeva – “Unistustes” 4/10
Merilin Mälk – “Miljon sammu” 4/10
Kruuv – “Leelo” 3/10
INGER – “Only Dream” 3/10
Janet – “Hingelind” 3/10
Renate – “Videomäng” 3/10
Viinerid – “Kapa Kohi-LA” 3/10
Anett & Fredi – “Write About Me” 2/10
REVALS – “Kirjutan romaani” 2/10
Ziggy Wild – “Lean On Me” 1/10
Jennifer Cohen – “Ping Pong” 1/10

This is not bad a NF, there are some songs they have a good potential and some they could grown. I really love Laura's and Shira's Songs from the first listening. Also great entrys from Jaagup, Traffic and Uku, like this Songs very much. Good start in the ESC NF Season. xup

aardvark
1st December 2019, 00:47
Surprisingly, quite a few good songs here! xup

Jaagup, Traffic, Egert, Rasmus, Synne, SHIRA and Ziggy Wild are all nice.

Laura, Stefan and Inga fail to impress, and Inger is a big disappointment.

Then after being initially put off by the first seconds of Uku's song, I'm so glad I listened the whole song, it turns around completely. I don't know what's wrong with me, cause I think I like this a lot. Does it really have potential or will I change my mind again?

laululind
1st December 2019, 00:59
I can definitely see Uku and Stefan in the superfinal again, like last year. :lol: Who could the third one be tho'. Traffic, for a complete deja vu? :rolleyes: Maybe Uudo or Jaagup, if all these similar male ballads don't end up dividing their votes. Uudo might flop with vocals tho' and Jaagup seems too artsy for average Estonian taste. Rasmus perhaps? Not sure if Laura will manage top 3, but you never know.

Based on first listen, I guess I'm team Stefan/Shira for now. :lol: Lots of radio-friendly songs on offer, decent quality but not many stand-outs. I guess it's not 2021 yet, so it's not top 10 time for us anyway. :rolleyes: But with good staging, I could see some of these doing OK.

AlekS
1st December 2019, 01:54
SHIRA - xheart her. The video is very Lana Del Sleigh xbow

Traffic - very Baltic sound imo. If somebody gave me the instrumental I would assigned it to Baltic states or Sweden. Victor Crone wants to place his gorgeous ass on 2 seats :rolleyes: And I certainly don't mind them to represent Estonia.

Jennifer Cohen - I just couldn't miss this ratchet lyrics: "Please don´t play me like a ping pong bish", "The balls in my court" xheat

Ziggy Wild - she's my guilty pleasure. 80's pop singer trying to be PJ Harvey, but she sounds too soft for that.

I kinda liked Laura's song but that video was a mess :lol: Uku's song sounds like something from Kirkorov/Kontopoulos recycle bin :?

Zonne147
1st December 2019, 02:06
After listening all the 24 songs, I feel this is a good Eesti Laul edition, I can't see a clear winner and a sing you listen and you say - "omg, this is going ftw), but the song I liked the most was Uks Kord Vel (nice work by Stig and Victor one more year).

I also liked Young, Georgia and Break Me, but my overall impression was that I prefer 2nd semifinal.

I I was expecting more from Stefan tbh, last year Imo was much better, this is still average. I definitely prefer this year's Uku song, though.

Uudo Sepp and Shira gave me a very good first impression too, Only Dream, Majakad and Heart Winder close my top 10 by now.

Another song I would to mention is "Beautiful Lie", I think it will grow on me in the following days, it's an interesting one too, very "Arcade-ish", think people may enjoy it too...

This is a NF full of radio-friendly songs, I will keep listening and listening and soon I guess I will have a clearer favourite... Traffic & Uks Kord Vel by now!! xheart :D

Mainshow
1st December 2019, 03:20
My favorites:

Rasmus Rändvee - Young
Jaagup Tuisk - Beautiful Lie
Traffic - Üks Kord Veel

+ Shira - Out In Space

The rest is really not my cup of tea at all. Tbh, I can see Estonia being part of my bottom 15 this year. The other tracks are bland and uneventful. I hope one of the 4 entries wins!
Laura's song is ridiculous. Even worse than "Verona".

This must be the worst Eesti Laul line-up ever. Utterly disappointing!

Mainshow
1st December 2019, 03:24
I can definitely see Uku and Stefan in the superfinal again, like last year. :lol: Who could the third one be tho'. Traffic, for a complete deja vu? :rolleyes: Maybe Uudo or Jaagup, if all these similar male ballads don't end up dividing their votes. Uudo might flop with vocals tho' and Jaagup seems too artsy for average Estonian taste. Rasmus perhaps? Not sure if Laura will manage top 3, but you never know.

Based on first listen, I guess I'm team Stefan/Shira for now. :lol: Lots of radio-friendly songs on offer, decent quality but not many stand-outs. I guess it's not 2021 yet, so it's not top 10 time for us anyway. :rolleyes: But with good staging, I could see some of these doing OK.

You have been so right about your three-years-theory!
Better luck in 2021! <3

BarefootBoogaloo
1st December 2019, 06:11
Naturally, live performances will change things, but for now:

https://media.giphy.com/media/5vhO7ZgXMJx6T3SEgx/giphy.gif

Videomäng - Renate
Majakad - Synne Valtri feat. Väliharf
Young - Rasmus Rändvee
Hingelind - Janet
Beautiful Lie - Jaagup Tuisk
Miljon sammu - Merilin Mälk
Georgia (On My Mind) - Eger Milder

LastDreamer
1st December 2019, 06:31
OMG, Synne Valtri feat. Väliharf “Majakad” sounds like Finnish schlager sung by mature female singer with male voice and looks like Sanna Nielsen! FAVE alarm!! :o

Not so great as her 2019 entry, but I like it too.

lavieenrose
1st December 2019, 07:39
RainyWoods

I nearly pissed myself laughing at the GarageBand intro that then changes without warning or motivation. Is it part of the song? Why is it there? I was already sold before she started singing, but that just took it over the top. I feel almost pandered to. RainyWoods is currently swept up in the forum's technical difficulties, but I have confirmed with him that he, too, loves it.

On a less pleasant note, I am rather let down by erstwhile forum hero INGA's song :(

Loindici
1st December 2019, 10:10
It's kind of funny that we sometimes want some stuffs like what this EL season offers, then we cry that it's not a good season. I feel these are better than what EL 2019 can offer.

My standouts:
"What Love Is" - another interesting offer from Uku. Not expecting too much good fare on Eurovision though, that's a handful of words in that chorus.
"Ping Pong" - I like minimal club bangers. Also something we need to mdoernize the lineup.
"Beautiful Lies" - The most unique and stood-out of all the selection. Prone to low televoting.
"Out in Space" - Good vibes, reminded me of lilyamongclouds's "Surprise" from ULF Israel last year.
"Write About Me" - Lianne La Havas-y sound that I love, minus Lianne La Havas.
"Uks Kord Veel" - As usual, Stig songs are something to look out for. I like the vibe that it gives, too.

and I just can't stand Laura's song at this point :lol:

aardvark
1st December 2019, 10:28
Ok, after a few listenings, these are my faves:

Uku Suviste - What love is 9/10
Rasmus Rändvee - Young 9/10
Egert Milder - Georgia (On My Mind) 8/10
Traffic - Üks kord veel 7/10
Synne Valtri feat. Väliharf - Majakad 7/10

I would be happy with any one of them winning, but one of the first three would be preferable.

carl1
1st December 2019, 11:12
For me there is one winner. Jaagup Tuisk - Beautiful lie.
Powerful song with incredible staging potential. The pre chorus is absolutely killer.

Realest
1st December 2019, 12:00
<--- #teamjaagub

Also Uku, Stefan are in my Top3.

ESC94
1st December 2019, 12:04
I really like "Beautiful Lie", but for some reason I think this could come across as a darker copy of "Arcade".

Apart from that my other favourites are "Young", "Milljon sammu" and "By My Side", but in general this could be a very strong preselection. xup

randajad
1st December 2019, 12:07
Well, obvious influence and trend are obvious, but I would not say it’s either a copy or rip-off. It is my favourite as well, tho.

opinionsigotem
1st December 2019, 12:11
I think 24 songs may be too many! Like there are songs that feel competitive (Jaagup Tuisk, Rasmus Randvee, Uku, Traffic), ones that don't but at least you can envisage a good show coming from them (Ziggy Wild, German & Violina, the sausages), and then the remaining majority is mid-tempo b-side sounding stuff that will fade into nothingness (Inger and Laura for example have well-produced entries that are by no means BAD but they sound like filler album tracks). It doesn't feel EXCITING.

I'm Sorry. I Messed Up should be a biographical song about Tomi Rahula...x

Sammy
1st December 2019, 13:02
Is it just me or does Jaagup sound A LOT like Arcade at times ? But that must be a pure coincidence, right?:mrgreen:

Edit: Just noticed, it's not just me. :lol:

Mrm
1st December 2019, 15:12
I nearly pissed myself laughing at the GarageBand intro that then changes without warning or motivation. Is it part of the song? Why is it there? I was already sold before she started singing, but that just took it over the top. I feel almost pandered to. RainyWoods is currently swept up in the forum's technical difficulties, but I have confirmed with him that he, too, loves it.

On a less pleasant note, I am rather let down by erstwhile forum hero INGA's song :(

OMG I hope RainyWoods comes back soon! :( So glad he looooves it! :D

Exactly the same for me, I'm let down with INGA's entry.. xcry xcry

Synne Valtri feat. Väliharf “Majakad” is INCREDIBLE!!

I'd die to have this in Rotterdam!

outsynk
1st December 2019, 15:46
We will not see you in the final this year Inga but it's fine because we still have "Milline päev".
https://media.giphy.com/media/2bWI5byGNPbDfcrDWS/giphy.gif

EscGeek
1st December 2019, 16:04
I was so close declaring Jennifer Cohen as my winner, but the very last song i've heard was "Lean on Me" by Ziggy Wild and it looks like Jennifer is my runner up again.

My suggestions:p

1-Ziggy Wild "Lean on Me"
2-Jennifer Cohen "Ping Pong"
3-German & Violina "Heart Winder"
4-SHIRA "Out in Space" (Sarah McTernan wants her filter back)
5-Viinerid "Kapa Kohi-LA"
6-INGA "Right Time" (I expected more from her, she can do better, but okay)
https://media.giphy.com/media/2bWI5byGNPbDfcrDWS/giphy.gif:lol:

Overall, I'm satisfied with the quantity of good songs, unlike last year. :D

Loindici
1st December 2019, 16:13
Footnote: I feel 2020 has better entries than 2019. Although the amount of returning artists is INAPPROPRIATE, they brought better entries too so I can forgive.

Footnote 2: is Inga turning into Lea Sirk at this point in time?

Mrm
1st December 2019, 16:29
I was so close declaring Jennifer Cohen as my winner, but the very last song i've heard was "Lean on Me" by Ziggy Wild and it looks like Jennifer is my runner up again.

My suggestions:p

1-Ziggy Wild "Lean on Me"
2-Jennifer Cohen "Ping Pong"
3-German & Violina "Heart Winder"
4-SHIRA "Out in Space" (Sarah McTernan wants her filter back)
5-Viinerid "Kapa Kohi-LA"
6-INGA "Right Time" (I expected more from her, she can do better, but okay)
https://media.giphy.com/media/2bWI5byGNPbDfcrDWS/giphy.gif:lol:

No Synne Valtri ft. Väliharf – "Majakad"?? :o:twisted::mad:

EscGeek
1st December 2019, 16:45
No Synne Valtri ft. Väliharf – "Majakad"?? :o:twisted::mad:

No, but i like the first two seconds, as it sounds like I'm about to listen "Moje leto" 2.0, after that, the song takes a very Draamaatic turn xrofl

randajad
1st December 2019, 16:53
No, but i like the first two seconds, as it sounds like I'm about to listen "Moje leto" 2.0, after that, the song takes a very Draamaatic turn xrofl

https://youtu.be/i6V4X_anKn4

:mrgreen:

Edweis
1st December 2019, 17:25
I didn't follow Eesti Laul last year so I can't compare, but I like this selection ? I mean, I could listen to this playlist without almost skipping a song, there are none that I stan with a passion but there aren't bad ones either. It's giving me good vibes, something to listen to when you're taking a walk in the nature.
Of course we can lament about the lack of musically-challenging entries, but oh well.

That is to say, my favorite are as follow :
Ziggy Wild - Lean on Me (this is like, totally my thing)
Traffic - Üks kord veel
Synne Valtri feat. Väliharf - Majakad
INGA - Right Time (so much positivity)
Renate - Videomäng
Uku Suviste - What Love Is

outsynk
1st December 2019, 17:29
I'm pleasantly surprised by Laura's song. My expectations were low because her output hasn't been as good without Sven but I'm really enjoying this and it's probably my fave. In fact once again there's not much to choose from here and it makes me sad about the state of Estonia's music scene. It's almost like it's forbidden to do anything out of the box or interesting. It's all bland inoffensive radio fodder. Jaagup Tuisk could be epic on the stage but it also made me want to go and listen to Netherlands 2019 instead so what's the point?

tuorem
1st December 2019, 17:51
I'm pleasantly surprised by Laura's song. My expectations were low because her output hasn't been as good without Sven but I'm really enjoying this and it's probably my fave. In fact once again there's not much to choose from here and it makes me sad about the state of Estonia's music scene. It's almost like it's forbidden to do anything out of the box or interesting. It's all bland inoffensive radio fodder. Jaagup Tuisk could be epic on the stage but it also made me want to go and listen to Netherlands 2019 instead so what's the point?

https://media.tenor.com/images/0e9d9711c5a99482636a248aa7c10390/tenor.gif

I agree with every single word.

Tuisk's song production is great and could have made an epic composition, but the melody itself is too familiar and reminiscent of "Arcade", and one Arcade is enough as far as I'm concerned. With a less predictable melody, it could have been a moment. With the right staging, it could make an impact, but if Rahula doesn't contemplate upgrading the visuals compared to 2019, then we're in for an empty stage and nothing else again.

Like you, I'm saddened by the beige plague that hits Eesti Laul. I'm not someone who often gets bored with music, but I admit I yawned at many entries here. :( As you said, it's not that the lineup is bad, it's just... uninteresting. Thank the Lord I had the chance to follow EL 2018 at least.

I had the same feeling about Laura, and "Break Me" turned out to be better crafted than I expected. It's not explosive, but I think it's a grower actually. Her presence made me want to binge-listen to "Lennujaamas" again: Lõhmus knows his business. I hope he comes back. That track was my tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fc_5uzQYNQ

Bsimmons
1st December 2019, 17:51

QUANTITY is the same though :mrgreen:. We had 24 songs each year :D:D:D

I am surprised I seem to be the only one who likes "Unistustes". Maybe it is the song that asks for understanding of Estonian. It is not a Shakespeare, but compared to usual "Sven Lõhmus level lyrics" EL songs have, I like this a lot.

Bsimmons
1st December 2019, 18:08
3 songs (Stefan, Shira and Mariliis Jõgeva) that were out before the correct time will get fined, but not disqualified

pastablanche
1st December 2019, 20:13
i've concluded that beautiful lie is more similar to when the party's over by billie eilish than arcade lmfao. the 2 songs have really similar verses, backing vocals, the "mmmmmmm" sound in the beginning and it even comes down to the lyrics:

"i can't afford to lose you once more"/"i've learned to lose you, can't afford to"
"call me friend but keep me closer"/"call me friend but keep me closer" :lol:

Sammy
1st December 2019, 23:06
So after a second run through, I like most :

- Synne Valtri feat. Väliharf - Majakad
- Uku Suviste - What love is
- Renate - Videomäng
- Traffic - Üks kord veel
- German & Violina - Heart Winder

The other songs are pleasant to listen to, but they don't stand out for me with one exception: "Beautiful lie". But it's so similar to last years winner that it rather puts me off. It just feels too strategic and tailor-made.
And lastly, there is one song that just triggers my "skip"-finger as fast as light: Viinerid - Kapa kohi-LA. That's just annoying to me.

BorisBubbles
2nd December 2019, 12:23
I have listened.

Blergh. What a sea of middle-of-the-road, run-the-mill background noise. None of my top 3 (German&Violina, Synne and Mariliis) stand a snowball's chance in hell.

Hate to admit it, but the loaf of crustless bread known as Jaagub Tuisk is Estonia's best chance. 'Break me' borrows a lot of ideas from 'Arcade' but is by thr same token a better composition than 'Arcade'. Fingers crossed he can win EL because anything else will die a quiet death in the semifinal.

EscUKFan
2nd December 2019, 12:32
Estonia turning into the new Denmark I see. That said I’m quite fond of Georgia (On My Mind) but genuinely can’t remember any of the others.

EscTurkey
2nd December 2019, 12:37
Omg majakad is such a bliss I feel my ears are baptized after hearing it! In real world such songs never win a NF, but in my perfect world she would slay all the 12 pointers in the universe.
Another standout is "I'm sorry I messed up" I can relate so well to the lyrics. The harmony between his voice and the sweet melody. xheart I am in admiration.
Same comment applies to Jaagup's Beautiful Lie. (I feel some Arcade inspiration there, tho ;) We will hear many vulnerable songs this year, I suppose)

Ummm and apparently one Estonian guy chose to sing a song about Georgia to represent Estonia at Eurovision. That's an original idea, to say the least.

Overall a slightly over average year for me. Just heard the snippets so far (except for Majakad the BOP)
Will judge after hearing all songs separately

randajad
2nd December 2019, 13:20
If George Ezra can sing about Budapest and Barcelona, let the poor man sing about Georgia. :lol:
This is the second time I mentioned George Ezra, I might be obsessed.:lol:

BorisBubbles
2nd December 2019, 14:01
Estonia turning into the new Denmark I see.

Ouch! That's a bit too harsh though. Estonia have turned into a lesser Norway, but they're still ahead of Denmark on the grounds of still having a few fun (/schlager) songs in the mix.

Citelis
2nd December 2019, 15:19
There are some nice songs there!

ESC94
2nd December 2019, 16:20
If George Ezra can sing about Budapest and Barcelona, let the poor man sing about Georgia. :lol:
This is the second time I mentioned George Ezra, I might be obsessed.:lol:

Maybe he´s not singing about the country called Georgia, but about Georgia in the US?? ;)

Anyway, I think I have to add Shira and Traffic to my list of favourites, especially "Üks kord veel" is stuck in my head. xlisten2

randajad
2nd December 2019, 16:38
Maybe he´s not singing about the country called Georgia, but about Georgia in the US?? ;)

Anyway, I think I have to add Shira and Traffic to my list of favourites, especially "Üks kord veel" is stuck in my head. xlisten2

Nope, he lived in our Georgia for a few years, and it is the song about ending that chapter in his life. He wrote that in the comments or something. :lol:

ESC94
2nd December 2019, 16:44
Nope, he lived in our Georgia for a few years, and it is the song about ending that chapter in his life. He wrote that in the comments or something. :lol:

Didn´t you see this ;) emoji? It was meant to be a joke!!

LastDreamer
3rd December 2019, 10:50
Synne Vatri or withdrawn xcheer

Biscuit02
3rd December 2019, 11:00
My top 2 from this year's Eesti Laul are:
1."Beatiful Lie"
2."Out in Space"

I feel like these are the only two songs that can do decent if they are sent to Rotterdam, the rest are just meh and probably wouldn't quailfy if they are picked(maybe except "Young").

EscTurkey
3rd December 2019, 12:27
Dunno why people are sleeping on Janet- Hingelind
It's such a bop

LastDreamer
3rd December 2019, 15:25
"Beautiful Lie" and especially "Miljon sammu" are good samples of songs, which I don't want to see as Eurovision participants.
Eurovision must save the spirit of something special and not repeat awful current music chart trends.

RainyWoods
4th December 2019, 00:54
Hello. I have returned from exile to tell you all that this is the greatest Estonian song of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIAivqQLSUY

You hear those gunshots during the tremendously awesome chorus? The sound of your other faves being shot down by Synne Valtri. This is a lady who knows what she's got to do to conquer the hearts of Europe. The song truly has it all. Drive, drama, Sanna Nielsen-esque looks, rowing boats and sailors. SAILORS. Actual singing sailors. Estonia ain't messing around this year. The only question is why wasn't this an internal choice? I salute you Synne Valtri and the Väliharf gentlemen.

outsynk
4th December 2019, 01:04
You hear those gunshots during the tremendously awesome chorus? The sound of your other faves being shot down by Synne Valtri. This is a lady who knows what she's got to do to conquer the hearts of Europe. The song truly has it all. Drive, drama, Sanna Nielsen-esque looks, rowing boats and sailors. SAILORS. Actual singing sailors. Estonia ain't messing around this year. The only question is why wasn't this an internal choice? I salute you Synne Valtri and the Väliharf gentlemen.
This post with that avatar.:lol:
https://media3.giphy.com/media/3nIGQGcFyUhLq/giphy.gif

Zonne147
4th December 2019, 01:12
Here is my TOP 24 of :::ee Eesti Laul 2020. Tried to use a scale according to what I could expect if the song was selected to Eurovision:

1 Traffic - Üks Kord Veel 8.5/10
2 Laura - Break Me 7.5/10
3 Rasmus Rändvee - Young 7.5/10
4 Egert Milder - Georgia (On My Mind) 7.5/10
5 Uku Suviste - What Love Is 7/10
6 German & Violina - Heart Winder 7/10
7 Jaagup Tuisk - Beautiful Lie 7/10
8 Mariliis Jõgeva – Unistustes 7/10
9 Inger - Only Dream 7/10
10 Uudo Sepp - I'm Sorry. I Messed Up 6.5/10
11 Shira - Out In Space 6.5/10
12 Synne Valtri ft. Väliharf - Majakad 6.5/10
13 Kruuv - Leelo 6.5/10
14 Merilin Mälk - Miljon sammu 6/10
15 Janet - Hingelind 6/10
16 Renate - Videomang 5/10
17 Anett & Fredi - Write About Me 5/10
18 Stefan - By My Side 5/10
19 Inga - Right Time 4.5/10
20 Revals - Kirjutan romaani 4.5/10
21 Little Mess – Without a Reason 4.5/10
22 Jennifer Cohen - Ping Pong 4/10
23 Ziggy Wild - Lean On Me 3.5/10
24 Viinerud - Kapa Kohi-LA 3/10
AVERAGE: 5.96/10

Overall opinion: I guess this is a good Eesti Laul edition, imo the level is slightly better than last year's edition. I don't see a clear favourite, as in the last 2 years, I feel the songs are good in average, but there is not a song that screams WINNER. There are some better than the others, though. I like "Üks Kord Veel" very much, I'm rooting for this, nice production, harmony, and I specially appreciate its positive vibe and I hope Estonia votes for this. And it would be really interesting to see something in Estonian in the main contest. "Young" and "Break Me" complete my Top 3, nice pop songs but there are missing some details (I find them quite generic). About fan favourites, I like "Beautiful Lie" too, but it gives me mixed feelings. People compare it a lot to "Arcade", I do it too, but there are parts of the song that I just don't like, and the song as a whole can be seen as kinda messy. In Rotterdam this could do very well or very badly. I wouldn't care if this won tho, but I would rather any of (specially) my Top 4. I think Uku Suviste has improved too. Finally, I respect why some people like "By My Side", but I find it uninteresting and flat.

BorisBubbles
4th December 2019, 01:20
Dunno why people are sleeping on Janet- Hingelind
It's such a bop

She vibes similarly to how INGA vibed last year, but Hingelind isn't as good as Miline Paëv was.

Mrm
4th December 2019, 01:48
Synne Valtri ft. Väliharf - "Majakad" is a true PEARL of this selection.. xlove xheart
A DIAMOND! xbow

https://s.err.ee/photo/crop/2019/11/27/714227h9eb3t12.jpg

randajad
4th December 2019, 12:54
Love
01 Shira
02 Jaagup Tuisk
03 Egert Milder
04 Rasmus Rändvee

05 Inga
06 Uudo Sepp
07 Jennifer Cohen
08 Merilin Mälk
09 Anett & Fredi
10 Traffic

Ok, but don't care
11 Uku Suviste
12 Little Mess
13 Mariliis Jõgeva
14 Janet
15 Inger
16 Kruuv

Meh
17 Revals
18 Laura
19 Stefan

Bad, but fun
20 Viinerid

Hate
21 German & Violina
22 Renate
23 Ziggy Wild
24 Synne Valtri ft. Väliharf

choda
4th December 2019, 13:02
According to first impressions among the fans, I think favourites to fill top 3 are:

Jaagup Tuisk, Rasmus Randvee, Shira (actually, Uku and Stefan are quite close, as well as Makajad, but I would give her a slight advantage).

Did you notice that last years top 3 on Eesti Laul (Victor, Uku, Stefan) are again on preselections? They are true fans :D

Schlagerman1
4th December 2019, 16:20
Got time now to listen to the Eesti Laul songs in 2020, here is some quick thoughts and a score 0-10p:

"Miljon Sammu" Merilin Mälk 8p
Cute, fresh and contemporary pop song, I like this actually. Probably not a winner of Eesti Laul, but a finalist for sure I believe.

"Only Dream" Inger 6p
I really like the melody and the verses are really nice, but I wish the chorus was stronger. I can totally see INGER though be a singer that could do very well in ESC if she has the right song, too bad it isn't in 2020.

"Unistustes" Mariliis Jogeva 3p
A song that just passes me by to be honest...not bad, but nothing to remember here.

"Lean On Me" Ziggy Wild 7p
A pretty good rock song, not maybe the most inovative one and I have hard time seeing Estonia sending this.

"Out In Space" Shira 8p
A very nice indie poprock song, that maybe lacks something to bring it all the way home for me. But a nice song nevertheless!

"Break Me" Laura 2p
NO, Laura will not win this time around. This is actually one of her worst songs in Eesti Laul. Really really pointless.

"Üks Kord Veel" Traffic 6p
A pretty nice song, but I expected more from Traffic. Feels like a song made for the Estonian market and not for ESC.

"By My Side" Stefan 2p
Stefan has a great voice, but this song is pretty boring to be honest. Nothing happens and makes me wanna shut it off in just a minute.

"I'm Sorry, I Messed Up" Uudo Sepp 7p
This is a song that could surprise live I feel, if it is done good live. Could totally see this as a touching moment in the show.

"Beautiful Lie" Jaagup Tuisk 6p
It started off promising, but it takes little too long for me to get it. Pretty epic towards the end, but nah I don't know...decent.

"Kirjutan Romaani" Revals 0p
yuck....next

"Right Time" Inga 2p
Another pop song that just passes me by...

"Hingelind" Janet 1p
This feels oldfashioned and underproduced...doesn't work for me at all.

"Write About Me" Anett x Fredi 2p
Gosh, many bad ones in a row here, this had a little potential but went absolutely nowhere....

"Without A Reason" Little Mess 3p
A listenable little girl group song that has a slight 80s touch. But nothing that will be close to win though.

"Heart Winder" German & Violina 7p
What the heck is this....I will probably remember this song which of course an advantage and it is not so bad tbh...but I can't stand the she singer. He is too much for me.

"Majakad" Synna Valtri feat. Väliharf 7p
Haha such a schlager song! Absolutely not a song to send to Rotterdam, but it is a little fun and different in the line up! :D

"Videomäng" Renate 2p
Another one that just passes me by...

"Georgia (On My Mind") Egert Milder 9p
Haha, never in my wildest dreams I would hear a song that is a hymn to the country Georgia from a singer in an another country..but here it is. And it is pretty good, I really like it, really catchy and his voice nice. One of my faves in the line-up! :D

"Ping Pong" Jennifer Cohen 4p
This had potential, but lyrics is hilariously awkward...noone can take this seriously!

"Kapa Kohi-La" Viinerid 3p
It is hard when it comes to this genre in their own language...it might be some parts of it that you might not understand and such. As a song it is okay, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does rather well.

"Leelo" Kruuv 7p
This had also potential, but the chorus lacks a little sadly. But overall, pretty fun.

"What Love Is" Uku Suviste 7p
Too cheesy for me to be honest, but I hear that this is the song to beat this year in Eesti Laul. It has enough quality to be listenable and many old viewers will probably go for it. This will be a certain top 3 finisher in EL.

So yeah, a decent edition of EL if you ask me, where I think Uku got the win already to be fair. Though I hope for a surprise from Egert and his "Georgia (On My Mind)" :D

ESC94
4th December 2019, 16:31
Schlagerman1

You forgot Rasmus Rändvee and his song "Young".

Schlagerman1
4th December 2019, 17:16
Schlagerman1

You forgot Rasmus Rändvee and his song "Young".

Thanks, listened to it now, this is among the best songs for sure! Not a perfect one, but catchy and well produced at least. Would probably put it 2nd behind "Georgia (On My Mind)" so far. :)

Sammy
4th December 2019, 18:07
I'm ever so surprised to read that cheese songs are automatically linked to old viewers. My experiences concerning that matter is a different one.

Daybreak
4th December 2019, 18:33
I do hope that all the people thinking Jaagup Tuisk should win aren't also the ones wishing Eesti Laul would go back to its indie/Estonian-focused roots, because if we pick a song clearly similar to last year's Eurovision winner (and especially if it does well) it will pretty much ensure that EL will be even more typical pop-and Eurovision-oriented in the following years. Just sayin'. :)

laululind
4th December 2019, 20:51
I don't think Jaagup is likely to win anyway. I'd say he's headed for a Seis result.. liked by juries, moderate support by televoters, not enough for superfinal. Unless they bring something really impressive on stage, I don't see him as a contender.
I also don't think Stig will be doing a double this time around. :rolleyes: Still very early days, but I haven't seen any hype for Traffic. Uku , Stefan & Rasmus seem to get the most mentions. Never know what the live shows will bring tho'. :)

Making a very early guess about the qualifiers. :geek:
SF1 : Stefan, Rasmus Rändvee, Sünne Valtri, Laura, Egert Milder & Renate. Pretty sure about the first three, kind of sure about next two and last one is a guess. Could be Kruuv instead, or maybe Little Mess. Rest seem somewhat hopeless.
SF2 : Uku Suviste, Uudo Sepp, Traffic, Jaagup Tuisk, SHIRA, Merilin Mälk. First four seem pretty likely (jury should help out Jaagup if need be), but last two spots seem pretty open. Could see any of the 'generic female pop songs' sneaking in, depending on staging & vocals. Inger might have a chance, tho' I don't think she'll do anywhere near as well as last year. Could also see Ziggy Wild or Viinerid making it, if the televoters want something a little different.

Wonder if we'll have pre-recorded backings again? :rolleyes: That'll help out Uku and Jaagup if so (and probably several others). And what will the juries be like. International again? Will Uku get the Victor treatment this year? :lol: He's got the cheesiest of the male ballads.

tuorem
4th December 2019, 21:57
When listening to Inger's "Only Dream", I thought of RainyWoods instantly :lol: He's going to love it!

Kai I need your unfiltered opinion about the songs ASAP xheat (I mean, apart from Mother Synne of course)

RainyWoods
4th December 2019, 23:15
When listening to Inger's "Only Dream", I thought of @<b><a href="http://escunited.com/forum/member.php?u=9441" target="_blank">RainyWoods</a></b> instantly :lol: He's going to love it!

Kai I need your unfiltered opinion about the songs ASAP xheat (I mean, apart from Mother Synne of course)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEcRZFZERCg

Not for me. It sounds once again like app advert music. Very much my kryptonite. Lock me in a room with someone doing twee folksy guitar pop with whistles and a vocalist with hot potato twirling around the mouth vocals... literally.. I die. If anyone here wants to kill me off one day (I imagine there are a few) that's the way to achieve my demise, and it wouldn't be a pretty demise at all.

Kaz
5th December 2019, 04:55
Some of my initial thoughts on Eesti Laul:

The Good

- Jaagup Tuisk and "Beautiful Lie" is the obvious standout for me! The comparisons to Duncan Laurence are completely justified, however the song stands strong on its own merit. It's a bit of a slow burn, but I can absolutely imagine how impactful this could be in Amsterdam when the choir comes in, as well as during that 8-second long pause. I hope he can pull off the live vocals. This is my winner.

- Uku Suviste's "What Love Is" is not as bad as some people are making it out to be. It's pretty generic, yes, but it's not necessarily bad, and we know he can sing. I wouldn't be surprised if this made it to the superfinal.

- Rasmus Randvee has another respectable entry. Again, not the most unique, but in recent years that's become synonymous with Eesti Laul. Gone are the days of Winny Puhh and Mick Pedaja. We also know Rasmus has a great live vocal, and this song allows him to show it off really well. Would not be mad if "Young" won.

- Jennifer Cohen's "Ping Pong" is a true guilty pleasure. I adore this song. I don't know how she's gonna make it work at Eurovision considering she'll have to change the lyrics to remove the word "bitch", but this is so radio friendly and catchy.

- SHIRA's entry "Out In Space" is another good option for Estonia. It's a contemporary, approachable song yet manages to avoid being uninteresting.

The Not So Good

- Inger and Stefan are competing with the exact same songs as last year.

- Laura's song is extremely underwhelming. Kind of difficult to follow too.

- Everything else is kind of just meh. We have a few electro-pop songs in Estonian by young women like we do every year, as well as various bands/folk-inspired songs/joke entries. Nothing different than normal.

I think overall Estonia really does have a few gems here, in particular Jaagup Tuisk and SHIRA.

Brtdm
5th December 2019, 15:00
I always like the level of Estonia's national finals. It is so good this year.
I especially like 'Beautiful Lie', but also 'What love is', 'Young' and 'I am sorry, I messed up'.

Great job Estonia!

Citelis
5th December 2019, 23:54
I finally decided that ''LITTLE MESS - Without a reason'' is my favorite of all.

njdevils94
6th December 2019, 00:45
Some promo for Matt for Eesti Laul. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB-7GQVMXgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iwi-2y4FEo&t=1s

tuorem
6th December 2019, 03:53
Much as I missed the point of her entry "I'll Do It My Way" last edition, Synne's "Majakad" low-key high-key slays: she really DID THAT! I'm getting addicted xheat

In the sea of slow songs in semi one, she's going to stand out so much. Unless she sings off-key out of nowhere (but I doubt that since she was good live last time), I can't imagine her not qualifying.

I like that the song is unashamedly in-your-face and catchy. And in Estonian! Hopefully, the performance will be as epic. I already hear the crowd going wild.

Estonia should pick her so that we have our winter-spring-summer megahit of the season. xlisten2 Tallinn 2021

edit: below her MV, she liked a comment that asked for a duet with Serhat xheat I'm sold. Someone make it happen please.

Biscuit02
6th December 2019, 05:07
Honestly at first I thought the Eesti Laul 2020 edition was kind of dissapointing like the 2019 one, but after listening to all the songs more times, I honestly think this is a pretty decent selection all around, better than 2019, but not as good as 2018, but stil I feel like there are at least 4 songs that if they are chosen will qualify so there's that, anyways still rooting for Jaagup's "Beatiful Lie" but wouldn't mind of Shira's "Out in Space" wins aswell.

LastDreamer
6th December 2019, 10:07
::ee language version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HulgIwxo6o

NikolaiMoller
6th December 2019, 13:05
Synne = The Estonian Schlager Queen 8-)

hunty73
6th December 2019, 23:14
At first i thought this was a poor EL,but i think its actually pretty good with some songs that will come alive.Im actually really liking Laura's song now.I thought it was a bit trashy at first,but its actually a very decent song and really suits her.She is also looking really great and is always stylish.I think this is the kind of song she feels confident singing and isnt out of winning again.
Synne Valtri will do well if she keeps the staging from becoming messy.
There is also another entry nobody is talking about,but who i think might win.Im not mentioning it though because il be betting on it ;)

BarefootBoogaloo
7th December 2019, 01:36
There is also another entry nobody is talking about,but who i think might win.Im not mentioning it though because il be betting on it ;)

https://media.giphy.com/media/4YY4DnqeUDBXNTcYMu/giphy.gif

Matt
7th December 2019, 08:01
Some promo for Matt for Eesti Laul. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB-7GQVMXgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iwi-2y4FEo&t=1s

https://media.makeameme.org/created/aww-thanks-hun.jpg

Everyone keeps whining on Social Media on how weak Eeesti Laul is this year. Granted, we hear that every year about virtually every NF and then people change their minds eventually. To be fair, it is definitely catering to a specific taste this year but it works for me. I agree with the overall sentiment about the second Semi being way stronger. Most of my favorites come from the SF and I also agree with the masses that Beautiful Lie is just too good to ignore. If Jaagup manages to come up with great Staging and can sing live, then it is his to lose. I cannot wait to listen to his backup singers as they will play a vital part in this song, kinda like Sweden 2019.

I get that Uku's song is a bit dated but I'm okay with it. I just love the chorus to bits, can't help it. To me, his best effort yet and while I'm team Jaagup all the way, I do fancy this song quite a bit.

And yes, I am in the clear minority here but Heart Winder totally does it for me. Yes, I get it: WTF is a Heart Winder and lyrically it is not trying to move mountains but I can look past it. It's probably the most uplifting song in this selection and I desperately need this in my life. Hope that it at least qualifies from the Semis.

The best song in Estonian is Videomang to me. Just totally up my alley and it's overlooked by the Eurovision fans which kind of surprises me, I thought they would like this kinda song.

------------

But don't get me wrong, plenty of meh songs so let's be negative for a moment.

My least favorite song in the selection is definitely Jennifer Cohen's song but I will definitely steal her PING PONG BITCH line for the for rest of the Eurovision 2020 season. It's offensively bad and I do see this song pretty high up in a bunch of videos on YT, I guess some kind of guilty pleasure? No pleasure here I'm afraid.

Not gonna lie, INGER's voice is just grading to my ears and I just can't listen to the song at all. And it's kind of acoustic so you'd think I gravitate towards it but it's just not for me. Sorry!!!!!!

And yes, the Sausage song is just no bueno, I'm sure some woke folks will really like this but I just can't watch the video, maybe the live performance will be slightly more bearable but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, these are just my two cents....please continue.

DaFlo
8th December 2019, 04:13
Damn these songs are bad b

outsynk
8th December 2019, 16:28
Damn these songs are bad b
Yes, they are.

Has eerik completely given up?

tuorem
10th December 2019, 19:38
This thread looks gloomy, let me inject some light into it with a few homemade gifs. You're welcome.

https://i.imgur.com/h5tEhOn.gif

https://i.imgur.com/DTUwijk.gif

https://i.imgur.com/ZLlb4JU.gif

ESC94
10th December 2019, 19:46
At the moment I´m rooting for Rasmus. xcheer

RainyWoods
10th December 2019, 20:38
This thread looks gloomy, let me inject some light into it with a few homemade gifs. You're welcome.

https://i.imgur.com/h5tEhOn.gif

https://i.imgur.com/DTUwijk.gif

https://i.imgur.com/ZLlb4JU.gif

These gifs enhanced my evening. I thank you profusely.

Let's talk staging. lavieenrose I believe envisioned a few days ago Synne Valtri standing atop a lighthouse, which I must say is the most wonderful vision. Let us go further and imagine the gentlemen of Väliharf out looking for our queen one dark stormy night whilst rowing their little boat. The immense sparkle of Synne's dress (which replaces the lighthouse lightbulb) stops the boys from crashing their rowing boat into a rock, saving them from what would have been a very watery demise. They then proceed to climb to the very top of the lighthouse, joining Synne for the final chorus as waves crash around them.

LastDreamer
10th December 2019, 20:49
Possibly it's the first time, when tuorem like my favourite. :lol:

Bsimmons
10th December 2019, 21:53
These gifs enhanced my evening. I thank you profusely.

Let's talk staging. lavieenrose I believe envisioned a few days ago Synne Valtri standing atop a lighthouse, which I must say is the most wonderful vision. Let us go further and imagine the gentlemen of Väliharf out looking for our queen one dark stormy night whilst rowing their little boat. The immense sparkle of Synne's dress (which replaces the lighthouse lightbulb) stops the boys from crashing their rowing boat into a rock, saving them from what would have been a very watery demise. They then proceed to climb to the very top of the lighthouse, joining Synne for the final chorus as waves crash around them.

Can you PM me the number of your dealer? I really need the same shit you are using ...

tuorem
10th December 2019, 21:59
Possibly it's the first time, when tuorem like my favourite. :lol:

Possibly! Let's cherish this unusual moment together xlove :D

Ooh, that sounds thrilling! Great job! Actually, I do not have any particular remark to make, since building on the foundations laid by the music video seems to be the smartest move.

Synne needs a big platform to stand on and a sparkling dress indeed, that's not negotiable. With the right lighting effects, she would shine brightly and thus make the visual impact Nina Kraljić would have dreamed of back in 2016. Väliharf's involvement is crucial, if they are two sailors on stage, it would be even better. I'm sure they could work on decent LED graphics to represent the stormy sky and the rough sea. A boat prop, tight dramatic camera angles and they're good to go.

Excellent story progression when the sailors eventually reach gleaming Synne for the climax. xheat Now that would be an unforgettable presentation. And if they have some budget left, they could use a few augmented reality tricks to add some thunderbolts or raindrops on camera.

RainyWoods
11th December 2019, 12:08
Can you PM me the number of your dealer? I really need the same shit you are using ...

Sure thing. It's this guy.

https://ents24.imgix.net/image/000/048/474/4e02e16db0bfaab5e4245938734877d898b65452.jpg?auto= format&fit=crop&crop=faces&w=350

He gets me the real deal every time.

RainyWoods
11th December 2019, 12:19
Possibly! Let's cherish this unusual moment together xlove :D

Ooh, that sounds thrilling! Great job! Actually, I do not have any particular remark to make, since building on the foundations laid by the music video seems to be the smartest move.

Synne needs a big platform to stand on and a sparkling dress indeed, that's not negotiable. With the right lighting effects, she would shine brightly and thus make the visual impact Nina Kraljić would have dreamed of back in 2016. Väliharf's involvement is crucial, if they are two sailors on stage, it would be even better. I'm sure they could work on decent LED graphics to represent the stormy sky and the rough sea. A boat prop, tight dramatic camera angles and they're good to go.

Excellent story progression when the sailors eventually reach gleaming Synne for the climax. xheat Now that would be an unforgettable presentation. And if they have some budget left, they could use a few augmented reality tricks to add some thunderbolts or raindrops on camera.

Perfection. I believe Sacha Jean-Baptiste just retired, cause there's two new unstoppable creative directors on the scene.

LED graphics though? Surely what you meant to say was real waves imported from Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOliaFZgc2k

Some rough seas for our sailor boys from Väliharf to traverse, but they'll make it safely to the top of the lighthouse to join our luminous Synne.

randajad
11th December 2019, 14:29
Sandra and her boat from 2014 are quacking. :lol:

Mrm
11th December 2019, 15:07
Synne Valtri currently thinking of all proposals for her performance.. xlove xheart

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLO1fwk-lirCoIqpYORHAC5miWs9uuKVwDOpE07l-GPLWbZHSKnw&s

Mrm
11th December 2019, 15:14
The comment of the year of YT, has been written on "Majakad" video yesterday:

Diego's TV
16 hours ago
this is the serhat of this year������

Congrats "Diogo's TV" xlove xheart

You have won the ticket for EE Laul semifinal when THE LEGEND will perform.. xbow

tuorem
13th December 2019, 00:13
Here are the Youtube view counts per act as of now, twelve days after the songs were released. It's quite a mess because almost each artist uploaded a MV on their own channel, but a "eesti laul" account posted them too, Janet's MV was apparently uploaded by two official accounts, German & Violina don't have a channel... :?

Anyway it may not mean much at this point, but I wanted to see what people have been gravitating towards since the release.

Egert Milder - Georgia (On My Mind) 66 640
Synne Valtri Feat. Väliharf - Majakad 52 356
Merilin Mälk - Miljon sammu 52 081
Uku Suviste - What Love Is 42 697
Jaagup Tuisk - Beautiful Lie 42 494
STEFAN - By My Side 30 469
Traffic - Üks kord veel 23 892
Rasmus Rändvee - Young 21 644
Janet - Hingelind 19 900 (the video was uploaded twice, so I added the views)
Jennifer Cohen - Ping Pong 16 713
Uudo sepp - i'm sorry. i messed up 16 051
INGER - Only Dream 15 845
Laura Põldvere ''Break Me'' 15 002
Renate - Videomäng 14 293
REVALS - ''Kirjutan romaani'' 11 901
SHIRA - Out In Space 11 464
Mariliis Jõgeva - Unistustes 10 923
Anett x Fredi - Write About Me 10 548
Kruuv - Leelo - 9 893
INGA - Right Time 8 508
Viinerid - Kapa Kohi-LA 8 458
GERMAN & VIOLINA – "Heart Winder" 8 057 (no official channel but MV uploaded twice)
Ziggy Wild - Lean on Me 7 500
Little Mess - Without a Reason 3 000

NikolaiMoller
13th December 2019, 01:12
Synne!!! She's up there 8-)