PDA

View Full Version : Who do you THINK will win ESC 2018?

Pages : [1] 2

Jacketh
26th March 2018, 13:18
Sorry if there is a thread like this - but I can't find one. This isn't about who you want to win, lets try and put personal bias aside. Will offer up my thoughts later!

Realest
26th March 2018, 13:28
I think Estonia will win (in the Opposite to my earlier Opinion) after a few weeks of Thinking. Its the Only Song where I can see the Jury and the TV-Appeal. Its the only Song tbh where I get Winner-Feelings and which I can imagine to be in a Row with "Amar Pelos Dias", "1944", "Heroes" etc.. I think Elina has everything that makes a Eurovision-Winner. The Look, the Personality, the Song, the Voice, the Attitude and the Potential of a sustainable international Career.

Citelis
26th March 2018, 13:46
::se or ::no

carl1
26th March 2018, 13:54
::bg I have a feeling the staging will be epic and if the voices sound as good together as in the studio version, then We should be going to Sofia next year tbh.

henhu
26th March 2018, 14:07
I can actually see us winning... I have no idea, though.

Kaz
26th March 2018, 14:17
Controversial opinion but I think it'll be between ::au::be::bg::ee::se

Of course these are all in my top 10 :D

BernadetteCydonia
26th March 2018, 14:28
I don't know, really. For me it must be a song that can strike well in the lyrical section too (so there can be a chance for a bit generic/formulaic lyrical stuff) and that could be well imaginable as having a post-winner reprise 1 year later. And of course the song but the problem is that it could be anybody's game... but actually I'm expecting ::ee to win against all odds.

Unless someone comes up with a random sob story 2 weeks before the competition :lol: (nothing against Salvador, I even felt odd how even without knowing he had heart problems people were believed to cast "pity" votes for him... rly now :/)

aef
26th March 2018, 14:57
I think Estonia will win (in the Opposite to my earlier Opinion) after a few weeks of Thinking. Its the Only Song where I can see the Jury and the TV-Appeal. Its the only Song tbh where I get Winner-Feelings and which I can imagine to be in a Row with "Amar Pelos Dias", "1944", "Heroes" etc.. I think Elina has everything that makes a Eurovision-Winner. The Look, the Personality, the Song, the Voice, the Attitude and the Potential of a sustainable international Career.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but I lost it while reading that comment...

Himan
26th March 2018, 15:02
Israel.

Realest
26th March 2018, 15:44
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but I lost while reading that comment...

Why?

ayzelto
26th March 2018, 15:44
No doubt ::il will win this year

::be and ::bg have got chances too, but miles away from ::il imo.

FoxOfShadows
26th March 2018, 15:47
::bg

In a contest as close as this year is, a song will have to do exceedingly well with both the jury AND the televote. Songs from ::ee, ::il and ::se will do well in one but not as well in the other. ::bg will score comfortably high with both and that'll be enough for them to win.

Jacketh
26th March 2018, 16:01

In a contest as close as this year is, a song will have to do exceedingly well with both the jury AND the televote. Songs from ::ee, ::il and ::se will do well in one but not as well in the other. ::bg will score comfortably high with both and that'll be enough for them to win.

I've had this thought about both Bulgaria and Belgium.

blein
26th March 2018, 16:12
::ee::fr::it or ::il
::bg is my top 1 , but it think it is too dark for typical esc viewers.... it will do better than skeletons but not top 4.
I will laugh if ::au will win

A-lister
26th March 2018, 16:34
I actually find it hard to guess this year, it looks as if Israel should win, but then again I don't think juries will support it enough and there are lots of anitsemites (since it's "popular" again in Europe yuck) that won't vote for it simply because it's Israel xshrug

I don't think Bulgaria is a winner candidate though, on the contrary I think they might even struggle to qualify from the semi (but I could be wrong).

I doubt a "Big 5" country would win, but if any of them will have a chance, it's France's year this time.

JonnyWest
26th March 2018, 16:45
To be very honest and objective for now, before rehearsals, I would say ::ee

GermanBango
26th March 2018, 17:07
It's really hard to tell ...
::il ::ee ::ru ::se ::bg could do very well in the Televoting
::bg ::be ::au ::se ::fr could do very well with the Juries

So for now I'd say it's going to be either ::se or ::bg

Jacketh
26th March 2018, 18:25
I think a lot of people are having trouble this year because the songs that are seemingly favourites are also songs you can see either having trouble with either one of the Juries or Televotes. There aren't many songs you can say will score consistently well with both, like you could say that with Heroes for example.

There is uncertainty because of the perceived lack of charisma with La Forza, as well as how the Juries have previously ranked opera.
There is uncertainty over Toy because the Juries could just view the chicken noises as weird.

I'm watching Belgium, France, and the Netherlands. I know people aren't expecting much from the Netherlands, but I can really see the Juries loving it if he can bring the energy that he did when he first performed it. France is a major dark horse if they manage to get people talking about the actual lyrics and can covey the meaning of the song on stage.

aef
26th March 2018, 19:34
Why?

Because "this isn't about who you want to win, lets try and put personal bias aside." ::ee doesn't have any mass appeal to win Eurovision but it also doesn't have the "wow factor" to win like ::ua 2016 and ::pt 2017. You exaggerated like hell in your comment... It's a mediocre opera song, that's it. It might be better than ::se 2009 but it definitely won't do much better than that. Most people will just endure it with a cringy "ugh" feeling... This is not a winner at all, believe me. Don't get me wrong, I respect everyones personal taste but it's just annoying to see fanboys going crazy over certain songs year by year and acting like "this is heaven, this is will win by a landslide..." when it's not realistic at all. It feels like ::il 2014 when so many people obviously really thought that that crap would do well...

leelook
26th March 2018, 19:51
I think either ::il lives up to the hype and becomes the undisputed televote and jury winner, or it bombs and we get a new 2011 where no one can agree on a favorite and the winner is a song that scored bits and pieces from all over the place without getting a lot of 12s. ::bg seems like a good candidate for this. I could see ::se pulling it off as well.

revallsay
26th March 2018, 19:59
I wouldn't be surprised if ::ua won again.

Jacketh
26th March 2018, 20:20
Because "this isn't about who you want to win, lets try and put personal bias aside." ::ee doesn't have any mass appeal to win Eurovision but it also doesn't have the "wow factor" to win like ::ua 2016 and ::pt 2017. You exaggerated like hell in your comment... It's a mediocre opera song, that's it. It might be better than ::se 2009 but it definitely won't do much better than that. Most people will just endure it with a cringy "ugh" feeling... This is not a winner at all, believe me. Don't get me wrong, I respect everyones personal taste but it's just annoying to see fanboys going crazy over certain songs year by year and acting like "this is heaven, this is will win by a landslide..." when it's not realistic at all. It feels like ::il 2014 when so many people obviously really thought that that crap would do well...

I respect your point of view but to call La Forza mediocre opera song is doing it an injustice. Sure, lyrically, perhaps not all there. But I think it has the power to wow with how atmospheric it is and her voice - that last note is just insane. I appreciate it isn't for everyone, but it is the only song I've heard this year and got real winner vibes from immediately.

Who do you think will win, curiously?

aef
26th March 2018, 20:40
I respect your point of view but to call La Forza mediocre opera song is doing it an injustice. Sure, lyrically, perhaps not all there. But I think it has the power to wow with how atmospheric it is and her voice - that last note is just insane. I appreciate it isn't for everyone, but it is the only song I've heard this year and got real winner vibes from immediately.

Who do you think will win, curiously?

For me Eurovision simply isn't the right place for opera stuff. The song itself deserves the space and the audience like any other serious entry but there is no chance of winning. And I can't feel any emotions there, it's way to artificial for my taste...

Well I agree on the unpredictability of this year! For me ::bg or ::cz seem likely winners but ::cz usually struggles with the televoting... ::bg could easily do well in both televoting AND jury voting and that's what you need in such a year! So ::bg is the strongest contender for now I'd guess... ::il might do really well with the televoters but it won't be that high with the juries (only in the top 10) so a top 5 or top 10 result seems likely to me!

::be could struggle with the audience and it might also not do that well with the juries - I predict a top 10 result

Juries will push ::se again without any reason, maybe the audience will also like it so I'd call him another possible contender... (only because it's ::se!)

But after all I see a 2011 result coming - yes ::az had been one of the contenders but in the end their victory was quite a surprise!

Ezio
26th March 2018, 21:25
I can only see one winner. Hungary.

Realest
26th March 2018, 21:44

These were my arguments why I thought Estonia will win and not my personal Taste.
For Eurovisions Future I think maybe Sweden, Bulgaria or Hungary would be better.

aef
26th March 2018, 21:47
I can only see one winner. Hungary.

This is also your PERSONAL TASTE... This thread is about the realistic contenders! ::hu might get enough votes for a top 15 or even top 10 result but how on earth should it win?

Iker
26th March 2018, 21:55
::ee

Because it will leave many people speechless.

lolita
26th March 2018, 22:13
I wonder if juries didn't like last year's Occidentali's Karma, which is clever satire of today's community, would they like Israel? Israel would maybe be good without awful chicken noise, but this way, I really see OK 2.0 coming here. :) And I think it is popular because of funny video, everyone wanted too hear it just when they saw that funny thumbnail, something like Gangnam Style. Many people are saying they are already tired of it. But everything is possible.

Ezio
26th March 2018, 22:15
This is also your PERSONAL TASTE... This thread is about the realistic contenders! ::hu might get enough votes for a top 15 or even top 10 result but how on earth should it win?

I was convinced of its winning chances before I started to like it. Bye.

Citelis
26th March 2018, 23:21
Now way Hungary wins! Even if it wins televote it won't be on juries top 10! In fact even the qualification is not sure either!

Romeo
26th March 2018, 23:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CziHrYYSyPc

anaraqueen
27th March 2018, 03:28
of course ::sl

ok for real idk if israel can keep up the hype (+ jury) and idk if estonia is attractive enough for televote.

so ::be or ::bg????

karico
6th April 2018, 01:24
Italy, France, Bulgaria and Isreal, Belgium Macedonia as dark horses.

megzpegz
6th April 2018, 01:29
Israel or Estonia.

DirtyFalcon
6th April 2018, 01:42
The strongest countries with the best potential for win :

Israel Estonia and Belgium in no particular order

The dark-horses :

Bulgaria, France, Sweden and Greece.
I can also add Czech Republic but im not sure about that because Lie To Me is a typical song for Top 10/Top 5 but i never seen a song like this win ESC. I have the feeling that this one will have a similar fate to Moldova last year

lolita
6th April 2018, 02:02
The strongest countries with the best potential for win :

Israel Estonia and Belgium in no particular order

The dark-horses :

Bulgaria, France, Sweden and Greece.
I can also add Czech Republic but im not sure about that because Lie To Me is a typical song for Top 10/Top 5 but i never seen a song like this win ESC. I have the feeling that this one will have a similar fate to Moldova last year

I share your opinion about possible winners, I think all of them could win, but most likely first three, and the others counted here, depending of situation could surprise us.

aef
6th April 2018, 07:52
I now deeply believe ::bg will win... Maybe even by a landslide... After the performance in London I can say that his is way stronger than their entry last year and we all know where that went... I guess it will do well with both juries and televoters and that is exactly what you need in a year like that!

ory26
6th April 2018, 17:03
Bulgaria, like others acts, used pre recorded vocals, is very obvious, and don't give any assumption about what could be their live in may. But i think they will have a good staging, like the last 2 years. Dark horse for sure, winner, maybe.

For me, right now, 6 acts can be the big winner

Israel.......maybe too obvious
Estonia......but i feel no emotion, better to listen than watch
Bulgaria......i cant see them outside the top 10
Belgium......but can flop
France.........can flop too, and big ? about the staging
Norway ......not the most obvious, but there are a chance

And maybe the surprise country nobody expected: Hungary :mrgreen:

I would be happy if one of them won, even more if is France, Hungary or Bulgaria.

lolita
6th April 2018, 17:08
Bulgaria, like others acts, used pre recorded vocals, is very obvious, and don't give any assumption about what could be their live in may. But i think they will have a good staging, like the last 2 years. Dark horse for sure, winner, maybe.

For me, right now, 6 acts can be the big winner

Israel.......maybe too obvious
Estonia......but i feel no emotion, better to listen than watch
Bulgaria......i cant see them outside the top 10
Belgium......but can flop
France.........can flop too, and big ? about the staging
Norway ......not the most obvious, but there are a chance

I would be happy if one of them won, even more if is France, Hungary or Bulgaria.

God, nooo... Anyone BUT Norway! NONOX-OI

Alaska49
6th April 2018, 17:24
bulgaria did not use prerecorded vocals extensively and that is evidenced by the soundchecking sounding different from the actual performance in london. they are just that good i think.

Ezio
6th April 2018, 17:30

IOTAP

revallsay
6th April 2018, 17:57
I think it's gonna be a shocking winner, so neither of: ::il ::ee ::bg or ::cz

lolita
6th April 2018, 19:29
I think it's gonna be a shocking winner, so neither of: ::il ::ee ::bg or ::cz

Hahaha, than ::se or ::no or ::dk, since there is one popular belief or superstition, that every third year one Nordic country has to win.

revallsay
6th April 2018, 19:32
Hahaha, than ::se or ::no or ::dk, since there is one popular belief or superstition, that every third year one Nordic country has to win.

I am not supersticious.

lolita
6th April 2018, 19:36
I am not supersticious.

Me neither, but I saw this story these days, many people are talking about that, and I am just kidding, I don't think any of these three will win, but this year is open for any winner really. You people are too serious about ESC.

hawadharma
6th April 2018, 23:26
I think ::bg will win

tsegaye
8th April 2018, 16:42
Whoever wins, I think that the winner won't win any semi. It feels like 2008 this year with a few songs that can win, maybe 5, and that the winning song will place like 2nd or 3rd in the semi and then win (just thinking of semi 1 actually because I think ::se will win semi 2).

LesterMalvo
8th April 2018, 17:27
The winners in the recent years have been way unpredictable. I could easily say Israel now, but I could also easily say Italy last year, or Russia in 2016.

ag89
9th April 2018, 13:36

or ::hu

or ::au

or ::se

or ::it

:D

I want ::ie to win, but I am pretty sure that is not going to happen.

ag89
9th April 2018, 13:40
Now way Hungary wins! Even if it wins televote it won't be on juries top 10! In fact even the qualification is not sure either!

Hungary will qualify with EASE.

Citelis
9th April 2018, 14:34
Hungary will qualify with EASE.

Well, propably yes but still no way for win!

Jacketh
18th April 2018, 18:43
My mind is changing every day. It's so hard this year.

Still a bit confused why there is so much money on Lie To Me...

lolita
18th April 2018, 19:45
My mind is changing every day. It's so hard this year.

Still a bit confused why there is so much money on Lie To Me...

Same, I am trying to figure it for few weeks, I am not saying the song is bad, but it is to basic for victory and heard so many times before. Whenever I hear it, I just can't make it distinctive from "Talk Dirty To Me", that is all I hear. I find this years' odds weird overall, especially some positions are questionable.

GermanBango
18th April 2018, 21:19
Well ... at this point (without any information about the performances) I see 4 countries that have a shot at taking this home.
::il Tele: 1 // Jury: 3-5
::bg Tele: 2-5 // Jury: 1-3
::au Tele: 3-5 // Jury: 1 or 2
::se Tele: 4 or 5 // Jury 1-3
Outsider chances for ::fr and ::ee

If I had to bet money, I would go with Bulgaria right now.

Nefertiti
18th April 2018, 21:21
For me, this is going to be between ::il and::bg. Israel will do really well with televote but the juries will not give her many points, whereas Bulgaria will earn more jury points and... maybe less televote points? I've seen Bulgaria in almost every top but not as much as Israel I think. It will be a susprise if neither of them wins.

mauve
18th April 2018, 21:33
I hope the televoters and Jury will surprise us and don't give the most points to Israel or Bulgaria. To me these two songs are so boring. :? But in the past years I was never happy with the winner and I guess it's almost like a Tradition, so I won't be happy this year again. :lol:

lolita
18th April 2018, 21:51
Well ... at this point (without any information about the performances) I see 4 countries who have a shot at taking this home.
::il Tele: 1 // Jury: 3-5
::bg Tele: 2-5 // Jury: 1-3
::au Tele: 3-5 // Jury: 1 or 2
::se Tele: 4 or 5 // Jury 1-3
Outsider chances for ::fr and ::ee

If I had to bet money, I would go with Bulgaria right now.

Agree with all of these, and maybe ::cz, because it is very popular with public. :) Tele- 2-5 for sure, Jury- 3-10, but I am not so sure, I don't know why are people convinced that Czech Republic can not do good in televote, it always can if people like the song. I think after Israel, this is the most popular song, and then Bulgaria.

Kairit
18th April 2018, 22:17
::it or ::fr xqueenbitch

FreeFair
23rd April 2018, 12:38
ESC 2018 predicted top 10 (combined Jury+televoting)
1) Bulgaria (top 3 in both, but slightly more jury points)
2) Israel (televote winner)
3) France (jury winner)
4) Sweden (more jury points)
5) Estonia (more televoting points)
6) Ukraine (even split)
7) Czech Republic (more televotes)
8) Belgium (more jury)
9) Portugal (even split)
10) Hungary (more televotes)
Australia will receive less than 50 televoting points , and that will kill their chances to be in top 10. Same for Rybak with Juries.

Fluke
23rd April 2018, 16:14
Czechia, Hungary or possibly Israel. No way it will be Bulgiara or Estonia, though they might still make top 5.

lolita
23rd April 2018, 17:01
3) France (jury winner)
6) Ukraine (even split)
8) Belgium (more jury)
9) Portugal (even split)

Italy & Australia will each receive less than 50 televoting points , and that will kill their chances to be in top 10. Same for Rybak with Juries.

Wow, I couldn't agree more with this, I think the same! And Fluke I think that Estonia and Bulgaria, along with France have huge chance of winning, more than three countries you've counted. :D

aef
23rd April 2018, 19:32
3) France (jury winner)
6) Ukraine (even split)
8) Belgium (more jury)
9) Portugal (even split)

Italy & Australia will each receive less than 50 televoting points , and that will kill their chances to be in top 10. Same for Rybak with Juries.

I also agree with most of what you wrote! But I really don't see ::ee doing that well and ::fr might sneak into top 10 but it won't be that high! The rest seems quite plausible! Of course we might have some dark horses though and this year I can really see ::at doing well again (even finishing top 10 or more)...

ory26
23rd April 2018, 21:40
Before the rehearsal, i think, for now, it's a race between:

::il
::fr
::cz
::ee

FilipFromSweden
23rd April 2018, 21:45
Win: ::bg / ::ee / ::se
Runner-up: ::il
Third place: ::at

A-lister
23rd April 2018, 21:50
It's hard to tell, juries will once again unfairly boost ::au, so I expect a top. 3 for them maybe even a win in the jury votes... as for televote I'm leaning on ::il to win...

So it all comes down to what entry that will manage to score averagely the highest with both televoters and jury voters combined, and I think in the end it will be between ::il (more televoters) and ::fr (more jury votes) (I think both of these entries have the chance to become top. 3 in both jury and televoters separately).

Contrary to popular belief, I think ::bg won't do that good with televotes (a top. 10 perhaps but not a top top contender), so I don't see them as a winner candidate if juries won't boost them enough that is, and I think juries will give them quite well, but not well enough because I think they want a "richer" country/broadcaster to win so ::bg won't be their top priority xshrug

Nefertiti
23rd April 2018, 23:24
It's hard to tell, juries will once again unfairly boost ::au, so I expect a top. 3 for them maybe even a win in the jury votes... as for televote I'm leaning on ::il to win...

So it all comes down to what entry that will manage to score averagely the highest with both televoters and jury voters combined, and I think in the end it will be between ::il (more televoters) and ::fr (more jury votes) (I think both of these entries have the chance to become top. 3 in both jury and televoters separately).

Contrary to popular belief, I think ::bg won't do that good with televotes (a top. 10 perhaps but not a top top contender), so I don't see them as a winner candidate if juries won't boost them enough that is, and I think juries will give them quite well, but not well enough because I think they want a "richer" country/broadcaster to win so ::bg won't be their top priority xshrug

That's really interesting and now that you pointed it out, I quite see France becoming a really strong contender because I think it's the only song in top 10 that is going to do well with both the jury and the televote. I am positive that Netta is not going to be boosted by the jury at all, so maybe France has a chance.

John1
23rd April 2018, 23:31
::fr ::bg or ::ee

tsegaye
24th April 2018, 01:07
::fr ::bg ::il ::se are the only ones I see winning right before rehearsals...

QwaarJet
24th April 2018, 07:27
Pre-rehearsal I would say it's a fight between Israel, Norway and France.

Realest
24th April 2018, 10:11
Pre-rehearsal I would say it's a fight between Israel, Norway and France.

Norway would be one of the best Winners of all Time.
France one of the Worst.
Israel the Worst.

aef
24th April 2018, 12:53
Norway would be one of the best Winners of all Time.
France one of the Worst.
Israel the Worst.

Oh god I really enjoy your taste of music... xheat :lol:

Antho
24th April 2018, 13:39
::fr ::bg ::il

GermanBango
24th April 2018, 14:02
I feel like France is currently building up some kind of momentum. (similar to Portugal last year)
Maybe it's gonna be a three-horse-race after all. xheat

John1
24th April 2018, 16:37
I feel like France is currently building up some kind of momentum. (similar to Portugal last year)
Maybe it's gonna be a three-horse-race after all. xheat

::fr is now 5th in the odds. :)

lolita
24th April 2018, 16:46
::fr is now 5th in the odds. :)

Well deserved, it is shame I can't say it for 2 other songs in top 5. I don't know what Australia and Czech Republic are doing there, but I guess my taste is not so mainstream this year. :D

John1
24th April 2018, 16:57
I can't wait to see ::il crashing and burning in the odds after the beginning of the rehearsals... :lol:

revallsay
24th April 2018, 17:14
I want ::pl ofc. I would also be as happy with ::ua ::al and ::se. From those who are considered pretenders, only ::fr and ::it (if they are).

mauve
24th April 2018, 18:14
Well deserved, it is shame I can't say it for 2 other songs in top 5. I don't know what Australia and Czech Republic are doing there, but I guess my taste is not so mainstream this year. :D

I think the same about Australia and Czech Republic. :D I wouldn't mind France becoming winner, even when it's not on my top. BUt they would deserve it.

revallsay
24th April 2018, 20:12
I want ::pl ofc. I would also be as happy with ::ua ::al and ::se. From those who are considered pretenders, only ::fr and ::it (if they are).

Gosh, just realised it's not who do you want to win thread...

Realest
24th April 2018, 20:14
The Hype around Estonia died somehow. I think Norway has the best chances, although hes hated by the Fandom.

ChrisOL
24th April 2018, 20:15
I would absolutely LOVE France to win. It was my number one in the beginning and then dropped out of my Top 10, but now it's my number two behind Bulgaria again, and Israel dropped a few places :D

Right now I could live with a win of:
- ::bg
- ::fr
- ::se
- ::il
- ::au

But this changes a lot. Norway would be one of the worst winners ever in my opinion.

Dodiih
24th April 2018, 20:16
I'd say ::fr ::it or ::bg. Unfortunately, I don't think we stand a chance, but I'm happy I've seen people who want AWS to win. :)

Alaska49
24th April 2018, 21:46
bulgaria, czech rep, france and estonia are basically tied in the odds so if israel doesn't pan out we should have a very exciting voting ahead of us

mauve
24th April 2018, 21:46
Unfortunately, I don't think we stand a chance, but I'm happy I've seen people who want AWS to win. :)

Like me. :Dxyes It's on my top!

EscTurkey
25th April 2018, 00:11
I'd say ::fr ::it or ::bg. Unfortunately, I don't think we stand a chance, but I'm happy I've seen people who want AWS to win. :)

I think Hungary really has a shot at winning the whole thing. I would have definitely put some money on it if I understood how this betting thing works out.

John1
25th April 2018, 00:17
::no will never win the whole thing. Given the blandness of Alexander's entry, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't manage to end up in the top 15.

midnightsun
25th April 2018, 00:52
From an unbiased point of view I‘d say the winner will probably be Estonia. Israel second, Bulgaria third.

EscGeek
25th April 2018, 15:07
Okay, i thought this through and i think one of ::be::it::fr::am is the winner

but if we stay in the escgeek-no-like zone for the third year, then the winner is ::bg

midnightsun
25th April 2018, 16:19
::no will never win the whole thing. Given the blandness of Alexander's entry, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't manage to end up in the top 15.

Top 5 I think. The song has huge potential. Could see this winning actually but fanbase will push Israel and the ordinary viewer who just watches the final will probably go for Estonia.
This song is anything but bland. If so, a lot of songs would be, every year. It's the special "Eurovision factor" that makes the song likable.

lolita
25th April 2018, 16:47
Top 5 I think. The song has huge potential. Could see this winning actually but fanbase will push Israel and the ordinary viewer who just watches the final will probably go for Estonia.
This song is anything but bland. If so, a lot of songs would be, every year. It's the special "Eurovision factor" that makes the song likable.

He probably won't win, top 5 is possible, but even if he wins, one thing we all know- he would dethrone Azerbaijan as the worst winner in this decade at least. :lol:

25th April 2018, 16:58

If the song itself is anything but bland, how do you explain that - out of all the songs winning their national final in the last 10 years - this one entered the charts on the lowest position?
How do you explain that it did much worse on spotify than JOWST?

Citelis
25th April 2018, 17:01
I see many people that believe that France will win. I still think no way that France wins!
Bulgaria, Sweden have more chances!

ayzelto
25th April 2018, 17:11
I am between ::il and ::bg

EscTurkey
25th April 2018, 22:25
I still think Estonia will win.
When the rehearsals start, many of the contenders will fail live or not live up to expectations in terms of staging,
and Estonia will slay us hard.
With a good draw in final, TALLINN 2019 is very possible!

VikingTiger
26th April 2018, 19:10

Good bet! I am thinking the same....

hawadharma
27th April 2018, 23:32

The Youtube war is between Israel and Bulgaria.

Himan
28th April 2018, 01:30
I also think ::il or ::bg. I have some outsiders.

::fr Well popular here, has the best message
::nl I'm from here, I know what happened in 2014. And I'm sure he is trying to do the trick again, don't know if it will work
::cz Don't really know what he will do on stage.
::mk But I don't believe they will make the best stage. Small is big in those cases.

I want you to know winners aren't songs which get in the top ten. ::It will probably be top ten, but won't stand out enough to be a winner. ::au also gives me that kind of vibes or ::ee, ::be,

Citelis
28th April 2018, 19:14
Now i believe that ::se will win the whole!

mauve
28th April 2018, 20:05
Now i believe that ::se will win the whole!

You mean because of the fuss around his reaction video? I hope he doesn't win. It's not a terrible song, but simply something is missing :)

Citelis
28th April 2018, 20:17
You mean because of the fuss around his reaction video? I hope he doesn't win. It's not a terrible song, but simply something is missing :)

No, but i believe that he will get easily jurie's 1st place. And on televoting i expect him 3rd or 4th so this can make him winner!
Song is not horrible in my opinion but does not deserve win for sure! Bulgaria, Israel, Estonia, Belgium, Greece, Italy, Finland and others deserve the win more.

John1
28th April 2018, 20:56
No, but i believe that he will get easily jurie's 1st place. And on televoting i expect him 3rd or 4th so this can make him winner!
Song is not horrible in my opinion but does not deserve win for sure! Bulgaria, Israel, Estonia, Belgium, Greece, Italy, Finland and others deserve the win more.

Wait what?

Citelis
28th April 2018, 21:09
Wait what?

Yes i expect him to be 1st on juries.

Antho
28th April 2018, 21:49
I'm absolutely not fine with Norway winning. I hate this song and I think it has no chance of winning.
I'm more and more thinking that if Greece delivers a great performance, then it could win. I wouldn't be surprised to see the country moving down or up in the bookmakers' charts after the rehearsals. But for now, France, Israel and Bulgaria are the still the only possible winners in my opinion. I'll post my definitive predictions after all the rehearsals.

Citelis
28th April 2018, 21:55
Sweden has more chances than Norway!

Stiven
28th April 2018, 23:33
Ok I don't know if anyone else posted this but Israel ::il won Eurojury 2018 (https://eurovoix.com/2018/04/28/winner-eurojury-2018/) by wining the jury and coming 3rd in the online votes. However in the last two years the 5th place in Eurojury went to win the actual Eurovision so good news for Cyprus ::cy .

carl1
28th April 2018, 23:35
UK won the Eurojury in 2014, and Iceland was 6th in 2015 and UK 7th, it mostly means nothing. They are rating on the studio versions anyway.

John1
28th April 2018, 23:59
Eurojury is a huge joke compared to OGAE. These juries aren't even able to rate songs properly. However, I have to admit that barely anyone can rate a song properly when it comes to the ESC. :mrgreen:

29th April 2018, 00:48
Bottom 20 of the Eurojury jury vote:
Greece, UK, Hungary, Romania, Albania, Poland, Lithuania, Macedonia, Georgia, Iceland, Armenia, Russia, Ukraine, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Montenegro, San Marino, Moldova

Seems like western countries are much more favoured by eurojury. Sweden 3rd, Austria 4th, Australia 5th, Switzerland 6th, Norway 7th, Germany 8th.

Citelis
29th April 2018, 15:42
Eurojury voting are the most horrible voting i've have ever seen!

SwedishFailurez
29th April 2018, 16:26
That's why pointing out the potential winner before the rehearsals are pointless... Even if the songs themselves like City Lights and If Love Was A Crime did well in the end, but almost every year we will be disappointed if the results did not live up to our overhyped expectations. Even if Italy's 6th place last year is not really a flop, but I expected this to win and even I fell for it. Hype is a trap that not just in the ESC-bubble, but social media overall fall into.

I feel that the gap between March and May is the reason for this hype because as time goes, as we became way too warmed up for the songs. It's hard to predict with the perspective of the casual veiwer then.

ChrisOL
29th April 2018, 19:02
Right now I think it's between ::se, ::bg and ::fr.

aef
29th April 2018, 19:10
I'm sorry but ::il is more a lame duck than a spicy chicken with that boring staging! :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure now that this will never ever win, I can even see it not making the top 5, just like ::it last year... Judging based on the snippet the staging is totally uninspired with really ugly colors... + The chicken dance will put off many people, even more than just with the chicken sounds!

::bg is now an even bigger favourite to win than before I guess - they did a great job, simple but effective staging!

lolita
29th April 2018, 19:17
Right now I think it's between ::se, ::bg and ::fr.

After 1st rehearsals it really does appear that ::se is dark horse, obviously. If he will manage to be good vocally, whole performance is rare full package and real perfection.

DaFlo
29th April 2018, 19:17
Don't mind Bulgaria winning after seeing that rehearsal clip *obamasweatpic*

SerRusLena
29th April 2018, 19:32
Probably: Czechia, Israel, Bulgaria, France and Italy

Dark Horses: Greece, Albania, Lithuania, Ukraine

In my honest opinion :).

EscTurkey
29th April 2018, 20:28
At betting odds Bulgaria and Israel are full of red, while Estonia is full of blue.

Hopes rise... Let's bring ESC to Tallinn

anaraqueen
29th April 2018, 20:45
with that staging, i can't see netta winning at all

joao
30th April 2018, 16:41
I'm betting on France!

hungo
30th April 2018, 16:44
from the reactions of the press to the rehearsals so far i would say austria is the dark horse.

wtf
1st May 2018, 10:59
from the reactions of the press to the rehearsals so far i would say austria is the dark horse.

I've been getting that vibe tbh. If they nail the staging and camerawork (and it seems they did), they can definitely win the jury vote. I don't see the televoters going for it, but it sure has this gospel-like vibe that gets you hyped. :lol:

megzpegz
1st May 2018, 12:08
France or Norway just have a feeling it will be one of these 2 now.

mauve
1st May 2018, 13:12

I could live with that! They are both in my top 10 now. These two are my biggest growers over the past weeks. Never thought they would sneak into my heart. :mrgreen:

A-lister
1st May 2018, 14:07

Norway would be a disaster, 2018 is like the best Eurovision in average quality since 2012 imo, Norway (which belongs to the bottom this year) winning would be a real step down. To me it would remind me of Estonia 2001 winning, the song is on equal banal childish level. '
'
France however I could be totally fine with.

Charly
1st May 2018, 14:10
I stand clear, that Bulgaria will win and I guess its the best to to put a bet on with odds drifting a lil :lol:

Ezio
1st May 2018, 16:39
I could not take Norway winning this year. I will jump out of my windows if that happens.

Overall, 2018 starts to bore me. There are more favourites and is considered wide open like 2011, but also like 2011 or 2012, I hardly love any song at all. Except for Hungary.

2013 to 2017 were five strong years, so I feel let down by 2018.

Citelis
1st May 2018, 16:54
Looks like Norway will win! Maybe Sweden can stop them.

lolita
1st May 2018, 16:58
Looks like Norway will win! Maybe Sweden can stop them.
Or...Moldova? :lol:

Citelis
1st May 2018, 16:59
Or...Moldova? :lol:

Moldova? I need to see their rehearsal!

lolita
1st May 2018, 17:01
Moldova? I need to see their rehearsal!

People are talking that they are better than Eleni yesterday even, soo. Hahaha, I would die, what kind of top contenders are all of them, anyway?!

Ezio
1st May 2018, 17:01
I will pray for Sweden to stop Norway

DaFlo
1st May 2018, 17:02
Australia will stop Norway in about 45 minutes xyes

lolita
1st May 2018, 17:03
I will pray for Sweden to stop Norway

At least the song has its beginning and the end, unlike Rybak's, and Benjamin is slightly less hated than Rybak.

lolita
1st May 2018, 17:05
I could not take Norway winning this year. I will jump out of my windows if that happens.

Overall, 2018 starts to bore me. There are more favourites and is considered wide open like 2011, but also like 2011 or 2012, I hardly love any song at all. Except for Hungary.

2013 to 2017 were five strong years, so I feel let down by 2018.

Oh, I agree with everything, I am also bored with this drama, I am just waiting for it to end. And I like a few songs just. Last year we knew that it will be either Italy, Portugal or Bulgaria, and maybe Belgium. This year is open for minimum 10 winners, and it is driving me crazy.

Ezio
1st May 2018, 17:05
At least the song has its beginning and the end, unlike Rybak's, and Benjamin is slightly less hated than Rybak.

I am not rooting for Sweden, but on the upside, their song is contemporary and if Sweden wins, Christer Björkman will hopefully and finally retire and leave Eurovision alone.

Ezio
1st May 2018, 17:06
Australia will stop Norway in about 45 minutes xyes

If Australia wins, I will eat my shorts. This song is so stupid, it belongs to a retirement home to entertain the elderly. And bring Rybak too!

DaFlo
1st May 2018, 17:08
If Australia wins, I will eat my shorts. This song is so stupid, it belongs to a retirement home to entertain the elderly. And bring Rybak too!

Grey vote on lock xyes xyes

lolita
1st May 2018, 17:10
Yeah, for Sweden fans think it is generic, but it is good, contemporary song. It is not anything special in Eurovision, but at least that song is normal, nothing too annoying and bad in it like in Rybak's song and Australia, Australia is just too cliche.

Ezio
1st May 2018, 17:17
I have my moments, when I enjoy Dance you off. For example, when I was shopping at a Dressmann Store, and they played this song. It is better than Undo, Heroes or Can't go on, which I all loathed.

lolita
1st May 2018, 17:45
I have my moments, when I enjoy Dance you off. For example, when I was shopping at a Dressmann Store, and they played this song. It is better than Undo, Heroes or Can't go on, which I all loathed.

Yes, I have almost same opinion, I loved Euphoria, and now Dance You Off, and I find Undo beautiful, too, but Heroes and ICGO, little boring and like flat line. DYO makes my mood go from -10 to +10 level, instantly, and I can't stop myself from loving it.

wtf
1st May 2018, 17:55
Yes, I have almost same opinion, I loved Euphoria, and now Dance You Off, and I find Undo beautiful, too, but Heroes and ICGO, little boring and like flat line. DYO makes my mood go from -10 to +10 level, instantly, and I can't stop myself from loving it.

OMG agreed so much. Heroes is the worst Swedish entry of the decade and it won because of the damn juries. Can't believe it did better than the masterpiece called Undo.
Euphoria >>> Undo >>> Dance You Off >>>> the remaining >>> Heroes

I don't complain though, because Stockholm 2016 is one of my favorite contests ever. Totally redeemed after the mess of Malmö 2013.

lolita
1st May 2018, 17:57
OMG agreed so much. Heroes is the worst Swedish entry of the decade and it won because of the damn juries. Can't believe it did better than the masterpiece called Undo.
Euphoria >>> Undo >>> Dance You Off >>>> the remaining >>> Heroes

I don't complain though, because Stockholm 2016 is one of my favorite contests ever. Totally redeemed after the mess of Malmö 2013.

My ranking of this decade ( little of topic) - 1.Loreen, 2.Benjamin, 3. Sanna, 4. Frans, 5. Mans Zelmerlow, 6. Robin Bengtsson, 7. Eric Saade, 8. Robin Stjernberg, 9. Anna Bergendahl. :D First three we have almost the same. ;) Mans I find ok, but I think that year, Italy and Belgium, and even Russia were better songs.

aef
1st May 2018, 18:04

I quite enjoyed ICGO due to Robins personality... Before I really loved Constellation Prize which made me start liking him as an artist... I totally hated Frans and IIWS that was such annoying song and I always tried to leave stores as fast as possible when the played that song on the radio :lol: I didn't mind Heros winning in 2015 and Undo also was one of my early favourites back in 2014 but then faded after some time..

Now in 2018 I'd be really upset with ::se winning with that shitty song, but I don't see it happening anyway. All I can say is that I hate the song like hell and Benjamin as an artist isn't winning me over as an artist at all....

My focus as a potential winner is still mainly on ::bg. I really can't make any other predictions... It's so hard! This could also be a dark horse year which we really didn't have for a very long time...

lolita
1st May 2018, 18:06
When you look that all the shitty songs are hyped including Cyprus, Moldova, both WAAAY MOOORE more shitty than DYO, it could happen that it wins, this year is so 2011 anyway.

aef
1st May 2018, 18:14
When you look that all the shitty songs are hyped including Cyprus, Moldova, both WAAAY MOOORE more shitty than DYO, it could happen that it wins, this year is so 2011 anyway.

Well of course I was talking about my personal taste and for me it's the shittiest one this year... Of course many people will like it, but for me it's way too Bieber-ish in a bad way!

I was just thinking about doing a top 5 list instead of a winner prediction - for now I can see those countries in the top 5:

::il ::bg ::fr ::no ::cz ::cy ::md ::at ::dk ::se

so for me no ::ee ::gr ::be and ::hu

lolita
1st May 2018, 18:18
Hahaha, I know, but I like Biber's songs( last album is great, Purpose), not his personality, because he is the biggest douchebag. Guess who loves Bieber-loves Benjamin, hahaha.

aef
1st May 2018, 18:21
Hahaha, I know, but I like Biber's songs

Yeah that was exactly what I meant... I'm totally fine with many people liking stuff like that and obviously many will go for DYO too... I simply can't stand this certain song :lol: I'm sure it will be in the top 10 but not winning

lolita
1st May 2018, 18:26
Yeah that was exactly what I meant... I'm totally fine with many people liking stuff like that and obviously many will go for DYO too... I simply can't stand this certain song :lol: I'm sure it will be in the top 10 but not winning

Yeah, I have generic, commercial taste, I admit it, even when it comes to ESC, but I can't help it, taste is taste, subjective thing always. :lol: I listen MTV too much on daily basis. :lol:

aef
1st May 2018, 18:55
Yeah, I have generic, commercial taste, I admit it, even when it comes to ESC, but I can't help it, taste is taste, subjective thing always. :lol: I listen MTV too much on daily basis. :lol:

Don't worry, personally I don't have anything against generic mainstream stuff haha... It's all about the song itself for me, I can't say "I just like that and that genre"... I love certain tropical house songs just as much as certain 80s new wave songs :lol: So please feel free to share any kind of personal taste of music! ;)

lolita
1st May 2018, 19:01
Don't worry, personally I don't have anything about generic mainstream stuff haha... It's all about the song itself for me, I can't say "I just like that and that genre"... I love certain tropical house songs just as much as certain 80s new wave songs :lol: So please feel free to share any kind of personal taste of music! ;)

Oh, thank you so much, same I wish for you! xrose And I think that really, when it comes to music, there is no such thing as good/bad taste, because when something is excellent for someone, it will sound awful for other person, and other way, too. :D

kayak
1st May 2018, 19:01
My 3 candidates to WIN: HUNGARY, ESTONIA, FRANCE

midnightsun
1st May 2018, 19:11
After watching the rehearsals I have a feeling there will be some huge surprises. Some songs really disappointed me (yeah I know it‘s just the first rehearsal) - others were surprisingly positive. So, the most surprising probable qualifiers for me are Azerbaijan, Croatia and Moldova. I think they will really do well.

Fan-Favourites that will have a hard time qualifying because they wont get much points from the public: Austria, Finland, Macedonia

Wont qualify for sure: San Marino, (and I‘m so sad to say - I hope I‘m wrong) Lithuania

Israel, Cyprus and Bulgaria were not as good as I expected so far, still safe qualifiers.

Denmark wasnt that strong either. I’m really afraid this could be a borderline qualifier. Same goes for Armenia.
Russia too, they have to rely on all the public Russian Diaspora and Friends.

Songs that will come very far (top 10): Estonia, Greece, Norway, Netherlands, Israel, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Belgium.

At the moment I see Estonia & Norway batteling for the win.

megzpegz
1st May 2018, 20:20
Norway would be a disaster, 2018 is like the best Eurovision in average quality since 2012 imo, Norway (which belongs to the bottom this year) winning would be a real step down. To me it would remind me of Estonia 2001 winning, the song is on equal banal childish level. '
'
France however I could be totally fine with.

I wouldn't mind Norway winning it's my sort of music.

Chorizo
1st May 2018, 20:38
I am not rooting for Sweden, but on the upside, their song is contemporary and if Sweden wins, Christer Björkman will hopefully and finally retire and leave Eurovision alone.

No, he would try to beat Ireland's record first.

Chorizo
1st May 2018, 20:42
I quite enjoyed ICGO due to Robins personality...

What personality? He had no charisma in any of the interviews.

aef
1st May 2018, 20:52
What personality? He had no charisma in any of the interviews.

Yeah I know what you mean... Maybe personality wasn't the right word haha (Even though he still has a great personality in my opinion compared to Frans or Benjamin Ingrosso)

I meant his stage presence and in generell his appearance. It was just fine and overall he did a pretty solid job...

GermanBango
1st May 2018, 20:52
Nothing has changed imo ... it's still between Israel and Bulgaria (and possibly France).

Chorizo
1st May 2018, 20:58
Yeah I know what you mean... Maybe personality wasn't the right word haha (Even though he still has a great personality in my opinion compared to Frans or Benjamin Ingrosso)

I meant his stage presence and in generell his appearance. It was just fine and overall he did a pretty solid job...

His looks were fine. That's what you mean. :mrgreen:

lolita
1st May 2018, 21:00

Hahah, now I wanted to write him the same. Robin is/was sexier than these young boys, altough I find Benjamin beautiful, too, but Frans is not hot or beautiful, for me, ahahah.

aef
1st May 2018, 21:10

No I don't care about that if you know what I mean. ;) It was just a slick, cool performance and I really liked it after some time.... (In fact you can also pretty much criticize it with the same adjectives haha) My first reaction to ICGO after really loving Constellation Prize wasn't that good to be honest but it was a real grower for me and kept finding it's way on my playlist! And Robins interviews were also fine, he just has some Skandinavian distance in his personality I guess? :lol:

You see, I quite liked that one back in 2017 and it is totally generic, mainstream. So ::se 2018 will also have many fans and maybe it will be top 5 again but it has no chances for winning in my opinion...

94ayd
1st May 2018, 21:48
I don't see anyone but ::fr - it has been giving me the same vibes since it was chosen, just like ::pt last year, even ::ua the year before. Also I think it would make sense from an astrological point of view because Scorpio is surviving a crisis and Aries is about a new birth. :) I could see ::bg doing very well, but more like 3rd place.

Chorizo
1st May 2018, 23:21
No I don't care about that if you know what I mean. ;) It was just a slick, cool performance and I really liked it after some time.... (In fact you can also pretty much criticize it with the same adjectives haha) My first reaction to ICGO after really loving Constellation Prize wasn't that good to be honest but it was a real grower for me and kept finding it's way on my playlist! And Robins interviews were also fine, he just has some Skandinavian distance in his personality I guess? :lol:

You see, I quite liked that one back in 2017 and it is totally generic, mainstream. So ::se 2018 will also have many fans and maybe it will be top 5 again but it has no chances for winning in my opinion...

Apparently many people agreed with you, since Sweden was fifth last year, but to me it looked too plastic with all those memorized moves like the wink, the nod, and the OK sign. In combination with the interviews, he reminded me of a mannequin: Good looking but soulless. It might not be your topic, but as far as I am concerned, I can't even imagine him being good in bed. I think he's probably just repeating a few memorized moves over and over again there too and that's all there is to it. While that might be the gist of it, if that's all there is, I would get the impression that something is missing.

I like this year's staging better, btw.

aef
1st May 2018, 23:41
Apparently many people agreed with you, since Sweden was fifth last year, but to me it looked too plastic with all those memorized moves like the wink, the nod, and the OK sign. In combination with the interviews, he reminded me of a mannequin: Good looking but soulless. It might not be your topic, but as far as I am concerned, I can't even imagine him being good in bed. I think he's probably just repeating a few memorized moves over and over again there too and that's all there is to it. While that might be the gist of it, if that's all there is, I would get the impression that something is missing.

I like this year's staging better, btw.

My point is that you can criticize the 2017 and the 2018 entry quite for the same reasons... As I said I really understand that some people (like you) might call the 2017 one slick, plastic, artificial or whatever and I can understand that! I just liked the song and the performance in a way I can't really describe it! :lol: In fact I was even surprised how my mind about it changed after some time...

And all your arguments against ICGO count for me concerning DYO. It's the same kind of staging but my problem is (I know I wrote it before) that I hate the song and don't like the singer either... Let's agree that you're more a fan of DYO and I'm the Robin Bengtsson fanboy (without the physical part in mind hehe) and there we have our simple solution! ;) 8-)

SiXo
2nd May 2018, 18:31
I think it will be a battle of France, Italy, Estonia and (maybe) Bulgaria. Israel doesn't stand a chance.

I don't see anyone but ::fr - it has been giving me the same vibes since it was chosen, just like ::pt last year, even ::ua the year before. Also I think it would make sense from an astrological point of view because Scorpio is surviving a crisis and Aries is about a new birth. :) I could see ::bg doing very well, but more like 3rd place.

https://m.popkey.co/78b6c6/jrqp3_f-thumbnail-100-0.jpg

JSSArcos
2nd May 2018, 19:30
I think it's going to be between ::fr and ::bg: !

Jacketh
2nd May 2018, 19:38
Everyone is saying that Rybak is going to smash the televote, but I'm not too sure. A high placing similar to Hey Mamma? Sure. But lets look at the previous televote winners...

2017 - Portugal.
2016 - Russia (Pretty close with 1944).
2015 - Italy
2014 - Austria

I'm just not seeing the potential for Rybak to storm home on the popular vote. Third is the max in opinion. The televoters record in recent years for songs towards the top end of the scoreboard, with the exception of some songs like Hey Mamma, has been just as "serious" as the Juries. People really underestimate the 35+ vote in ESC. I really can't see many people in that age bracket going for Rybak. There is also the potential Rybak's "fun" song loses some votes in the younger demographic to other "fun" songs, mainly Czech Republic if he can return to full health.

Right now if I had to predict the top three, assuming that France keep it relatively simple and don't destroy the staging, I'd go for:

1. Bulgaria.
2. France
3. Estonia

I think at the moment Bulgaria will nail the top three with the Juries and ensure a top three with the televote.

2nd May 2018, 23:33
I am also not sure why so many people believe he will smash the televote. On esctips it is probably the most hyped entry of the year at the moment. Today someone claimed Rybak would beat Kostov's Beautiful Mess in the televote. No idea on what factors those claims are made.

lolita
2nd May 2018, 23:39
I am also not sure why so many people believe he will smash the televote. On esctips it is probably the most hyped entry of the year at the moment. Today someone claimed Rybak would beat Kostov's Beautiful Mess in the televote. No idea on what factors those claims are made.

Well, his idea is to beat Salvador and everyone else, to hold the new record. When new system was made last year, he was whining like a baby how it is unfair now, now that everyone can beat the record he held for years easily. He is hypocryte, I am dissapointed in him very much, he is just acting all cute, but deep inside he really is far from that.

midnightsun
3rd May 2018, 01:17
Televoters tend to vote for the „special“ songs while juries surprisingly went for the rather generic, radio-friendly songs the last years. I always thought it‘d be the other way round but I think especially since the Jury members are published most go for „safe songs“. My feeling is they even look at the odds before and try not to be that much away from that ranking as it would letting them appear biased. That‘s why I suggest to get rid off those juries. But they may surprise me this year, who knows.

So I expect a difference in the jury and telephone voting, like in 2015 and 2016.

My guess: people vote for Estonia and Bulgaria most, juries for Israel and Norway.

So it‘s also possible someone is winning who is right after them in the ranking but loved by both juries and audience. This could be someone like France, for example.

MyHeartIsYours
3rd May 2018, 01:52
Oh I really don't know :lol: I'm starting to think Hungary now (but then I look at the odds... )!!! I think Estonia has had the best rehearsal but I think that looks like an obvious runner-up rather than winner. France is definitely a contender.

I think the Israel ship has sailed and I just can't see Norway winning...

Czech Republic and Bulgaria are the fourth and fifth favourites but are they good enough to win? Mikolas possibly, it stands out and he's charismatic, but Bulgaria... if they didn't win last year I can't see them winning with this.

Nefertiti
3rd May 2018, 09:16
After the semi final rehearsals, I will say France is a strong contender to be the winner this year (well, we need to watch their rehearsal, but I think it's going to be simple and effective, the song doesn't need that much). They're slowly climbing the tops and I think they will be the surprise of the year. Israel and Bulgaria will go down due to poor staging (well, not poor, but not enouh for the hyped songs) and Czech Republic hasn't go that much support. Estonia is a loved one, but not by everyone (I actually hate it) and the juries wil also kill this.

GlamSIMorous
3rd May 2018, 10:52
I think the following acts could be potential winners:
::no I expect Norway to win by a margin once again, not deserved, but his fame and his oh-so-catchy song will impress the people in Europe! :mad:
::se Sweden brings on a show, and a modern song teenage girls will fall for. Definite Top 5!
::hu This can go either really well (especially in the televote) or super bad (I think the juries will kill this). If uniqueness wins this year, it should be them.
::ua Ukraine is like Sweden, they always have a great show and Melovin is a strong vocalist. I could see him pull a surprising Jamala-win!
::bg They might slipped in the betting odds, but I still think their song could go really well in Europe!
::fr Outsider chances! If commentators explain what their song is about and if their staging is good .. kudos to you France!

Also have chances, not sure if its only personal taste though: ::il ::cz ::ee ::cy ::gr

Chorizo
3rd May 2018, 12:39
Before the rehearsals:
::be ::bg ::cz ::se (and wishful thinking: Austria, which should at least get a decent result)

Belgium seems to be out, the others still have a chance, and France might surprise, although I still don't see it win.
Netta is this year's Francesco. Estonia will not get enough support from the juries. Cyprus should be popular but I don't think it will be enough to win. Norway will not get enough jury support. Australia won't get enough support from the televote.

After the semi rehearsals:
::bg ::cz ::se ::fr but that might be premature since we haven't seen all rehearsals yet and the votes could look like in 2011 leading to a surprise compromise winner.

leelook
4th May 2018, 17:06
I didn't get the initial hype over ::ee at all, but my latest gut feeling is that we're going to Tallinn next year. It's going to be one of the most memorable entries for sure and it'd continue the trend of alternative and non-commercial winners we've had lately. The only other songs that feel like contenders to me are ::il, ::se, and ::fr, in about that order of likelihood. Been convinced about Israel pulling through until now (which would be my preferred winner out of the favorites), it's possible my confidence might be waning just to prepare myself for disappointment.

Chorizo
4th May 2018, 18:39
Now I'm wondering if ::cy could actually do it. I think it would be a fine winner.

A-lister
4th May 2018, 19:26
Now I'm wondering if ::cy could actually do it. I think it would be a fine winner.

It would be a great winner, finally Eurovision could produce a hit again (last time being 2012), but I'm afraid the juries are too conservative, it's too modern and too showy for their taste Zzzz

Out of the entries I think juries could get behind, I think France is the best option and I'm leaning towards a win for France lately...

Israel could be super fun (although not my personal favorite), but again I think the juries are too close minded to get behind it and add some antisemitism from the public and they simply won't win I'm afraid xshrug

Realest
4th May 2018, 19:31
I predict Cyprus to get more Points by the Juries like 2012. Maybe 6th with the Juries and 11th with the TV.

Jim
4th May 2018, 19:34
::cy Cyprus!!! :o:o:o

revallsay
4th May 2018, 19:34
I think "::fr will win.

Ezio
4th May 2018, 22:00
::cy ::fr or ::hu

I really hope it's ::hu

Ezio
4th May 2018, 22:04
It would be a great winner, finally Eurovision could produce a hit again (last time being 2012), but I'm afraid the juries are too conservative, it's too modern and too showy for their taste Zzzz

You always talking like juries consist of old people. That's not true. They include a lot of young professional musicians such as many recent EUrovision acts.

I think the difference between a juror, who happens to be a musician, and the opiniated fan or viewer at home is, that a juror is way more sensitive himself and sensible towards the other artists. They value a song differently. That does not mean Cyprus is lost with juries, why?

For instance, I could see Nathan Trent voting for Cyprus rather than for Greece.

tsegaye
4th May 2018, 22:21
Honestly at this point I don't think anyone will win because it's too many countries that are in the running that I can't see anyone beating the other.

GRE
4th May 2018, 22:27
One of these countries will be the winner:

::ee::dk::fr::hu::il::it

0scar
4th May 2018, 22:46
Honestly at this point I don't think anyone will win because it's too many countries that are in the running that I can't see anyone beating the other.

Really this indeed :lol:

I can see ::cz ::il ::ee ::no ::fr winning, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a random winner like ::cy ::hu ::au even though the last one's rehearsal seemed a bit underwhelming.

I can't see ::bg winning though.

lolita
4th May 2018, 22:50
I can't see ::au winning in any universe really...

Grinch
4th May 2018, 23:28
::cy

Citelis
4th May 2018, 23:30
I don't think so! Maybe good result for Cyprus but not win!

FoxOfShadows
4th May 2018, 23:49
::cy have no chance of winning even without the juries, they wouldn't get enough support from the televote. The public just doesn't vote for 'banger' songs.

I still think ::bg will win via massive jury support like Mans did in 2015 but this is year is so difficult to predict :?

anaraqueen
5th May 2018, 01:33
at the moment, considering vocal consistency, hype and rehearsal, it's ::ee

but being an opera......... hmmm i dont really know for sure

Kitakaze
5th May 2018, 04:59
Wish I had put money on Estonia back when all the Eesti Laul songs were released as I believed it could go all the way then and I do again now. Israel could still do it, but I think and hope Elina. No doubt we'll have a clearer idea on the eve of the Grand Final.

Kaz
5th May 2018, 06:29
I think it's between ::ee ::fr ::au ::se ::hu
Bulgaria used to be in there too, but the rehearsal clip changed my mind. I never considered Israel to be a potential winner.

revallsay
5th May 2018, 08:47
Can anyone explain me how would it be possible that ::hu wins? I love the song, but really can't see them winning.

Vektor
5th May 2018, 09:46
lol, we aren't winning. There's still not much evidence outside the ESCfan bubble that our song will perform well with the general public. I am not getting winner vibes from the YT view numbers at all. At best we will get a 15th placement or something close to that, I don't think a Top10 placement is plausible with this song unless our numbers on YT explode after the SF.

mauve
5th May 2018, 10:13
I could actually see Italy winning. And it's even not in my top 10. But the rehearsal set some true Emotion free within myself. :D What a passionate singing! Loved it.

Storm
5th May 2018, 11:17
Love that it is so open this year.

Estonia has the momentum tbh. Israel will probably flop. I can see Mikolas winning but it depends on how he can perform.

Citelis
5th May 2018, 14:38
Australia is nowhere near the win! Staging is terrible and song is nothing amazing.

GermanBango
5th May 2018, 15:11
It kinda feels like 2011 (and to some extent like 2016) ...
::il will do very well in the televoting but a top 5 placing with the juries just seems rather unlikely
::bg will do very well with the juries but what about the televoting?
::fr is somewhat of a surprise bag. I can see it doing really well with the public but the juries probably won't be amused.
::au will do well with the juries but the televoters will destroy it (especially with such a weak staging)
::ee seems destined to be destroyed by the juries
That leaves us with ::se which is basically the "perfect" compromise. I can totally see them finishing top 3 with the juries and top 5 with the public.

A-lister
5th May 2018, 15:43
::cy have no chance of winning even without the juries, they wouldn't get enough support from the televote. The public just doesn't vote for 'banger' songs.

I think history contradicts this statement xshrug, if anything I could see this top. 3 with the televoters, but juries will block them for simply being the boring party poopers they always were xshrug

A-lister
5th May 2018, 15:48
Australia is nowhere near the win! Staging is terrible and song is nothing amazing.

Well, they still have the juries, who can forget last year for instance? xshrug

Juries will automatically boost them just for being Australia, and quite frankly their song this year is the best they sent (although it's nothing extraordinary still)... but yeah I doubt the public will be excited enough even if juries will manage to push them into the top. 10 at least in the end.

A-lister
5th May 2018, 15:51
*mistake*

Citelis
5th May 2018, 16:10
Well, they still have the juries, who can forget last year for instance? xshrug

Juries will automatically boost them just for being Australia, and quite frankly their song this year is the best they sent (although it's nothing extraordinary still)... but yeah I doubt the public will be excited enough even if juries will manage to push them into the top. 10 at least in the end.

Even if they win jury by far on the televoting they will propably be bottom 5!

EvNickGR
5th May 2018, 16:30
Estonia? France? I would love to see ESC in Nicosia, so Cyprus could do it too!

FoxOfShadows
5th May 2018, 17:07
I think history contradicts this statement xshrug, if anything I could see this top. 3 with the televoters, but juries will block them for simply being the boring party poopers they always were xshrug

I have to disagree with you about that. How many songs like 'Fuego' have done well with the public recently? ::pt 2017, ::ru 2016, ::it 2015, ::at 2014, ::dk 2013. All public winners but none are really 'bangers'. Even if we look at the top 3 with the public each year, the only songs that might fit that status are ::md 2017 and ::se 2015

I think public opinion on Eurovision has changed a lot in recent years. It's not like the 2000s where you could put a sexy man/woman on stage with an upbeat dance tube and almost guarantee top 3 (::ua 2004, ::gr 2005, ::gr 2008, ::am 2008, ::tr 2009 etc.) The public just don't vote the same way anymore. Whether or not that's a good thing is up to you but I certainly wouldn't say recent history points towards Cyprus doing well.

popavapeur
5th May 2018, 17:11
My thoughts on the top 10 bookmakers
::il doesn't look like a winner performance but that wouldn't be the first time, song is great, personnality is here. High chances to win, depending of which songs are surrounded by the act in the finale and position
::no Pleasant song but imho not enough of a "wow effect" to make people vote for him, not a winner performance too, it's just great but just there, Israël has a better song, Estonia has a better charisma, France has a better package.
::ee I still think this could stay in the semi. For opera to succeed it has to be simple and Estonia did pull a specific staging that may lower her chances to win, the skirt/dress looked very odd to me the first time and i'm getting distracted, maybe too sophisticated for what whould have been a perfect opera-like simple performance. Still this could pull some strings and even the winner performance isn't there yet, I think the moment could be there during the finale, has far higher chances to win than Norway, very memorable.
::fr as above, not a winner performance yet, but as Estonia, the moment could be there with the hands "waving" thing they're doing at the end and could come across the TV and make people vote for it. I would say the song is not as good as Toy, the performance not as sleek as Norway and not charismatic as Elena but they're the most "relatable" and "real" of the four above which could make them win based on average score. They're in the right middle if I can say that.
::cz I don't think it has a chance to win, that's the less likely to me and his injury did not help him at all (but even without I can't see this winning, can't explain why it's just my feeling)

::cy ::bg ::se ::md ::it
I think, Cyprus and Sweden here have the best shots, songs alike Fuego ou DYO already won in the past, both performances are really good my only question is : Are they gonna be strong enough to beat the 4(5) others acts above ? Not so sure.
Moldova won't win 100%, not even sure this is gonna qualify based on the song alone and don't know if the hilarous staging will save this. There is something about Italy, as Czech Republic, I can't figure out why but I can't see this winning, well that could still happen ofc (for both of them) just the chances are thin. Song is cool, both performers are charismatic but Francesco had a better package and reached 6th (even with the finale staging). Last but not least Bulgaria is another performance that could stay in the semi for me, there is just something completely disconnected about them and other countries beat them in so many areas : Estonia is more powerful, France has a better alchemy and a more real feeling, Norway is just more prepared, Czech Republic has more charisma, Israel Cyprus and Sweden are more enjoyable. The song is right, performers can sing their asses off but there is nothing happening.

I'd say 7 to 8 acts out of those 10 can win. I won't rule out some countries that are not appearing in the bookies 10 such as Austria, Germany, Portugal and Hungary.

Citelis
5th May 2018, 18:24
Sweden will win!

lolita
5th May 2018, 18:25
Sweden will win!

One xheart for you! :)

Nicholas123
5th May 2018, 18:31
Sweden will win!

One xheart for you! :)

Get a room, you two! :mrgreen:

As for now, my money is on ::ee

prime
5th May 2018, 19:16
Yeah for now, the ones I can see winning based on the rehearsal footage are ::cz, ::se, ::ee or ::fr. I think Elena connected much better with the camera in the rehearsal footage, while I can see Benjamin and Mikolas both could be compromise winners if the televoters and the juries has different winners. MM maybe could prove popular in the western countries, but giving how controversial the subject of their song actually is, especially in the east, their victory chances will really depend on how well they perform during night.

A-lister
5th May 2018, 22:15
I have to disagree with you about that. How many songs like 'Fuego' have done well with the public recently? ::pt 2017, ::ru 2016, ::it 2015, ::at 2014, ::dk 2013. All public winners but none are really 'bangers'. Even if we look at the top 3 with the public each year, the only songs that might fit that status are ::md 2017 and ::se 2015

I think public opinion on Eurovision has changed a lot in recent years. It's not like the 2000s where you could put a sexy man/woman on stage with an upbeat dance tube and almost guarantee top 3 (::ua 2004, ::gr 2005, ::gr 2008, ::am 2008, ::tr 2009 etc.) The public just don't vote the same way anymore. Whether or not that's a good thing is up to you but I certainly wouldn't say recent history points towards Cyprus doing well.

I think you look at it from the wrong perspective, as you just pointed out the public did indeed support such entries in the past, but what happened after 2009? The juries were brought in, and we saw a sharp decline in such entries which left the public with no such alternatives any longer, hence the "no vote", but I think history shows that Europe actually enjoy some good booty shaking bangers (if there are any such options and if they are good enough), but with the juries downgrading such entries every year, we rarely see those anymore.

We'll have to wait until we see the split vote, but something tells me the public will like this, maybe not a top. 3 but still good enough, while the juries will (like they tend to) downgrade it, which is why I don't see this as a winner candidate (unfortunately).

0scar
5th May 2018, 22:23
I'd actually like ::cz winning the most at the moment, being part of the Eurovision family for so short amount of time, I think it'll definitely boost the image of the contest in Czechia. Plus Prague is an amazing city. Side note, I absolutely cannot stand "Lie to Me" :?.

A-lister
6th May 2018, 09:37
I'd actually like ::cz winning the most at the moment, being part of the Eurovision family for so short amount of time, I think it'll definitely boost the image of the contest in Czechia. Plus Prague is an amazing city. Side note, I absolutely cannot stand "Lie to Me" :?.

Wait, so you want ::cz to win but can't stand their entry? Makes absolutely no sense to me xshrug , and here I thought it was a song contest, not a "country contest"... I don't think a country should win just because they didn't so far, they have to earn it like everyone else. Czechia might have sent their best entry to date (not a difficult task if you look at their previous ones), but that alone shouldn't be a reason for them to win, it's still by far no the best entry of the year, a generic and flat homemade version of Jason Derulo's "Talk Dirty"? That's all? If they come back and actually slay and have an entry that is worthy top. 10 (at minimum), then they might deserve it, this is not the year however.

ESCKerli
6th May 2018, 09:46
Wait, so you want ::cz to win but can't stand their entry? Makes absolutely no sense to me xshrug , and here I thought it was a song contest, not a "country contest"... I don't think a country should win just because they didn't so far, they have to earn it like everyone else. Czechia might have sent their best entry to date (not a difficult task if you look at their previous ones), but that alone shouldn't be a reason for them to win, it's still by far no the best entry of the year, a generic and flat homemade version of Jason Derulo's "Talk Dirty"? That's all? If they come back and actually slay and have an entry that is worthy top. 10 (at minimum), then they might deserve it, this is not the year however.

Did you forget that we technically won with a carbon copy of David Guetta's "Lovers On the Sun" despite coming 3rd with the televote? I don't believe for a second that Czech Republic is gonna win, but this looks really hypocritical :lol:

A-lister
6th May 2018, 09:49
Did you forget that we technically won with a carbon copy of David Guetta's "Lovers On the Sun" despite coming 3rd with the televote? I don't believe for a second that Czech Republic is gonna win, but this looks really hypocritical :lol:

I don't think it's gonna win, but my point wasn't if someone predicts it to win or even wants it to win, that's their opinions, but to say you dislike the entry yet want it to win because of the country xshrug

ESCKerli
6th May 2018, 10:00
I don't think it's gonna win, but my point wasn't if someone predicts it to win or even wants it to win, that's their opinions, but to say you dislike the entry yet want it to win because of the country xshrug

I dislike very few entries and still wouldn't be mad if either of them won. It's not something paradoxal. If they have made an effort that can threaten other contenders, then that might be just enough for you to want the country to win. I wouldn't mind a country winning if they hadn't hosted either.

A-lister
6th May 2018, 10:22
I dislike very few entries and still wouldn't be mad if either of them won. It's not something paradoxal. If they have made an effort that can threaten other contenders, then that might be just enough for you to want the country to win. I wouldn't mind a country winning if they hadn't hosted either.

So you'd like an entry to win that you totally dislike? Now that doesn't make sense to me. Now 0scar didn't say that he found the entry so-so but is ok with it winning for other reasons, he said that he "absolutely cannot stand the entry". Now, if you'd predict an entry to win that you cannot stand is one thing, but to support an entry you cannot stand that's something else, truly paradoxical and contrary to the purpose of the contest no?

Haverdge
6th May 2018, 10:42
I really hope France wins.

0scar
6th May 2018, 10:42
I might not have expressed myself well enough I guess. I have sympathy for the Czech, so I would enjoy seeing them winning. The scenario where a pretty 'new to Eurovision', 'not experienced' contender wins appeals to me. Yes, I do not like "Lie to Me" so ofcourse I'd be supporting other countries to win, but I wouldn't be mad about ::cz winning either.

It's kinda hard to explain I guess, I do not get a 100% myself either haha

ESCKerli
6th May 2018, 11:33
After Eesti Laul, I said that ::ee was the only one out of all the entries that gave me the feeling of a winner. I still feel like that to some degree. Then again, I'm never good at predicting winners, so it probably doesn't mean much. This year is incredibly open.

A-lister
6th May 2018, 13:54
I might not have expressed myself well enough I guess. I have sympathy for the Czech, so I would enjoy seeing them winning. The scenario where a pretty 'new to Eurovision', 'not experienced' contender wins appeals to me. Yes, I do not like "Lie to Me" so ofcourse I'd be supporting other countries to win, but I wouldn't be mad about ::cz winning either.

It's kinda hard to explain I guess, I do not get a 100% myself either haha

Ok, well, each to their own... I could never support an entry which I dislike myself based on sympathy, then we'd have awful winners almost every year :lol:

At least in my logic a country should only win if they deserve so, there are cases with countries that tried for decades without a win (Portugal for instance), and some of those tries they were truly underrated which could create a sense of sympathy towards them, as for Czechia they are still pretty fresh and frankly they never tried hard enough so not sure why they suddenly would deserve to win when they send something so-so rather than something awful, but maybe I don't get your point correctly :lol:

aef
6th May 2018, 16:15
Gonna give this to ::it for now... xheat It's such an open field this year and with their surprising staging the could really make it!

megzpegz
6th May 2018, 17:04
Ok, well, each to their own... I could never support an entry which I dislike myself based on sympathy, then we'd have awful winners almost every year :lol:

At least in my logic a country should only win if they deserve so, there are cases with countries that tried for decades without a win (Portugal for instance), and some of those tries they were truly underrated which could create a sense of sympathy towards them, as for Czechia they are still pretty fresh and frankly they never tried hard enough so not sure why they suddenly would deserve to win when they send something so-so rather than something awful, but maybe I don't get your point correctly :lol:

That's your opinion not all of us think Czechs entry is so so some of us really like it. It's the first Czech entry that I've liked at eurovision.

A-lister
6th May 2018, 20:56
That's your opinion not all of us think Czechs entry is so so some of us really like it. It's the first Czech entry that I've liked at eurovision.

Yes, of course it's my opinion and people are entitled to other opinions since taste differs, but if you followed the conversation I didn't react at someone liking it (that's their business), I reacted how someone can root for an entry they expressed to dislike a lot.

MyHeartIsYours
6th May 2018, 21:01
I think Estonia's rehearsals have been so good that it might be them.

France and Hungary are also contenders I would say.

LalehForWD
6th May 2018, 21:12
You're all mad, this is a classic no-brainer and has been from the start

::il will win by a landslide and rightfully so. My true heart belongs to ::bg though

Swedenvision
6th May 2018, 22:51
This year is very exciting since there is no clear winner.

I THINK one of these countries will win:

::se ::il ::ee ::bg ::no or ::fr

But i WANT one of these countries to win:

::se ::bg ::au or ::cy

This four is also the only songs from this year that I have added to my Spotify!

As for Cyprus, the song itself and the whole stage performance feels like ESC 2008, very dated to be honest but still I like it! ;)

Ezio
6th May 2018, 23:34
Compelling prediction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUjWRu4Cv6w

lolita
7th May 2018, 01:33
Compelling prediction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUjWRu4Cv6w

I like it, especially 1st and 3rd place, I will be so much happy, if it would be like this. ;) Other placements are good and reasonable, too, it seems it could be like this.

nofuxCZ
7th May 2018, 02:30
I think ::ee Estonia will take it this year

Although I really like ::il, I simply don't believe the juries will place Israel high enough for it to win.

Jacketh
7th May 2018, 02:42
I normally have pretty strong convictions with my betting. Three years ago, I was certain Heroes would win. Two years ago, I was certain Sound of Silence would win. Last year, I was certain Portugal would win. This year...

I've just got no idea and I'm changing my mind every couple of days. I've just got this feeling right now through a combination of his charisma on the night, his name recognition in both some eastern countries and Scandinavia and the sound just being catchy that norway will take it. I really hope not.

Norway, Estonia, France, and Sweden are the contenders in my opinion.

lolita
7th May 2018, 02:50
Only ::ee has winner vibes, same as Jamala and Salvador had. My sister called me yesterday and has said to me that only Estonia stands out so far, she is impressed by the song and performance, and she is not a fan of opera and serious music like that usually (I would expect from her usually to get impressed with something cheap like ::cy or ::md, because she loves such kind of the songs the most) :) She listened all the songs during rehearsals only, she wasn't familiar with them before. She has said that all the other contenders as ::cy ::cz ::se ::no ::il are good, upbeat dancey songs, but little boring, because it is all already seen many times before, only ::ee is different this year. I would like it to win, too.

Rowenna
7th May 2018, 03:10
Predictions at this point are not very accurate even for the betting odds until the final running order is known - that happened last year and years previously.

Jacketh
7th May 2018, 04:02
Predictions at this point are not very accurate even for the betting odds until the final running order is known - that happened last year and years previously.

By this time last year it was absolutely becoming clear that Italy had the potential to flop and Portugal was bringing something special.

The winners of S1/S2 are pretty much guaranteed a good spot in the running order.

mauve
7th May 2018, 09:00
Hoping for Estonia very much. Would love to see Hungary as winner, but that's unrealistic. Would be happy with France and Norway (please no shitstorm! :lol:) as winner as well. :D

midnightsun
7th May 2018, 20:17
Although I really like ::il, I simply don't believe the juries will place Israel high enough for it to win.

I think, to the contrary, it‘s the juries who will give their many points to Israel, because metoo, politically correct, „artsy“ therefore sophisticated and so on.
For the public it may be a bit too strange, it‘s definitely too much for some parts of the viewers. Also viewers tend to vote for good singers with epic songs. That‘s why I also think Estonia wins.

aef
8th May 2018, 07:39
Haha the odds for ::cy are going wild at the moment... :lol:

LalehForWD
8th May 2018, 09:14
Fuego as the winner? I think it's a catchy thing but sounds somehow very much like a mash-up of Helena Paparizou 2005 and something else. I wish every success for Cyprus, but I really don't think the song is a good winner today.

Realest
8th May 2018, 11:04
Everything that saves us from Israel is a good Winner. So, go Cyprus xcheer

midnightsun
8th May 2018, 11:44
I really like FUEGO but if it's winning it would not feel right imo. But who am I to say this, I've always thought this about most of the winners in recent times. As I really loathed the winners of 2016 und 2017, 2018 will definitely be more pleasing for me as I can live with almost every song winning though it does not feel fair in some cases.

Citelis
8th May 2018, 13:22
Norway will propably win!

A-lister
8th May 2018, 19:02
I would really love for Cyprus to win, I've been rooting for this since the get-go and finally people are jumping onboard. It's just an unapologetic booty shaker, it's not trying to be something it's not, but we should still appreciate it for how well produced and well performed it is. I think it would do Eurovision good to finally have a party/uptempo song as a winner after the last two winners, something contemporary that actually could have a chance in the "real world" and become a potential summer hit in Europe after the contest, I can't see that with any other entry except for maybe Israel. Now do I think it will win? This year is unpredictable, unfortunately I don't think it will, the juries are simply too conservative, they never went for the ethno bangers or booty shakers in the past, doubt they'll suddenly do, but who knows? xshrug

I really don't know who will win, I hope and pray it won't be Norway out of the ones leading the odds, that would be a disaster win. Israel or France would deserve it though, but if I would say who I "think", I'd still go for France at this moment xshrug I still believe that is the entry that both juries and televoters will be able to somewhat agree on.

aef
11th May 2018, 00:59
To be honest I think ::md is a real threat now. This looks amazing on tv, even better than last year with Sunstroke Projekt. As they said in the Wiwibloggs review, I also expect them to get loads of 12 points from the ex-Sovjet countries. It's the obvious choice now, especially after ::ru is out.

megzpegz
11th May 2018, 01:24
I think we know the winner but after that we have no idea.

anaraqueen
11th May 2018, 01:43
i still think it's one of these:
::ee::cy::il::no with ::se::fr and ::md with likely chances as well

i would love to see ::md tho because 1. their first victory 2. the least expected

Chorizo
11th May 2018, 04:59
::cy really looks like the winner now. Others like Sweden, France and maybe Italy have a small chance. Maybe it will be like in 2011 and there will be a random compromise winner or Cyprus will win by a landslide. Really not sure what to expect. If there is severe disagreement between the juries and the televote, someone else might win too.

mauve
11th May 2018, 07:35
Just hope it won't be Cyprus ... it is in my bottom ... can't connect with the song at all. Please, juries, televoters, surprise us tomorrow!

midnightsun
11th May 2018, 09:44
This year‘s so unpredictable, it‘s so much fun! Plus, there‘s almost no song I would not like to win.
I‘d say everything‘s possible this year. I wouldn’t even rule out Germany. Or the Netherlands. Even Hungary, if there‘s the „Lordi effect“: rock fans who never vote actually see their chance of winning happening and unite to vote!

LalehForWD
11th May 2018, 09:55
no fckn idea

Still hope for ::bg to get their shit together or Netta to regain her confidence. On the other hand and especially after the Sobral incident, I wouldn't mind a ::cy runaway victory. Sweden will not win and I think few Swedes actually think it would be a good idea if it happen (looking past the mandatory cheering that is). I wouldn't like Rybak to win (ffs why didn't you send Ida Maria Norway?)

Kitakaze
11th May 2018, 10:26
All the momentum is with Cyprus now. Never saw that coming.

janetan
11th May 2018, 10:29
I have no idea tại đây (https://trietlongchan.vn/chua-viem-day-sung-nang-long/) :D

cassio
11th May 2018, 14:11
Well I think its among Israel, Bulgaria, France, Estonia

I will be chocked if Hungary, Cyprus, Germany or Norway win

lolita
11th May 2018, 14:45
I think ::cy.