PDA

View Full Version : Best/worst ever result

tsegaye
5th March 2018, 23:24
The task is simple! Which country/countries do YOU think will get their best AND worst ever results? I'll start!

Best:
::cz - Can't see it not finishing top 20

Okay that was about it... Or... Whatever I'll go bold on this one!
::hu - Will slay the televote and get enough jury points to finish 3rd :lol:

Worst (you can define it however you want, worst placement in the final or semi, you choose):
::mt - I think it will be fighting with ::sm to avoid the bottom place of the semi unfortunately :(
::au - Will probably end up right outside of the top 10. It's sick that that will be their worst ever result :lol:
::ro - I've been feeling this one all winter, a first NQ is ahead of them.
::is - Will be fighting in the bottom of SF1 as well.
::az - I think it's a borderline qualifier, and if it qualifies it will do a Levina.

JonnyWest
5th March 2018, 23:32
Best: ::cz ::hu

Worst: ::ro ::az ::au

Just possibilities, not saying they WILL have their best/worst results ;)

94ayd
5th March 2018, 23:50
Best: ::bg ::hr ::cz ::mk (2 of these songs are not out, so I might put ::cy instead of one of ::hr & ::mk :lol:)
Worst: ::is ::ro ::ru ::ua

megzpegz
6th March 2018, 00:17
Best - Czech Republic

Worst - Australia and Azerbaijan

Ofocnukilovska
6th March 2018, 09:49
Best: ::cz
Worst: ::is

midnightsun
6th March 2018, 14:55
Best - Czech Republic

Worst - Australia and Azerbaijan

Agree

Alaska49
7th March 2018, 15:14
BEST EVER RESULTS: czech republic (almost by default)

this is it because most countries have placed in the top 3 already and i cannot say anything this year will be top 3 with such confidence. i do think finland will get their best result in the decade though.

WORST EVER RESULTS: romania, iceland, russia, australia (also by default)

ayzelto
7th March 2018, 18:12
Best:
::cz that will end up like Moldova last year, getting a decent result in the juries and slaying in the televote.

Worst:
::az possibly not qualifying for the first time.
::au borderline qualifier, bad result in the final.
::is not qualifying, and being maybe last or second before last in semi?

Citelis
7th March 2018, 19:02
Best: ::cz Personally i don't like it but it will finish very high!

Worst: Propably ::is since no one likes it! Maybe ::au but there are always juries that can help it rech top 10!

QwaarJet
9th March 2018, 15:05
So far :

Best : Czech Republic, Australia, France and possibly Bulgaria
Worst : Iceland, Azerbaijan, Serbia and Slovenia

Realest
9th March 2018, 15:50
So far :

Best : Australia

You dont really believe Australia to win?

QwaarJet
9th March 2018, 15:59
You dont really believe Australia to win?

I'm not a huge fan of the song, but it has tremendous potential, and all the pundits are rating it highly, despite the mixed fan reaction. In such a terrible year, where there isn't a stand-out contender so far, Australia can't be counted out for victory.

mauve
9th March 2018, 17:33
I'm not a huge fan of the song, but it has tremendous potential, and all the pundits are rating it highly, despite the mixed fan reaction. In such a terrible year, where there isn't a stand-out contender so far, Australia can't be counted out for victory.

Still I think that the statement - Australia might be a possible winner - rather belongs to the bold prediction thread. :D

Chorizo
9th March 2018, 18:21
Worst: ::au

QwaarJet
10th March 2018, 19:50
Still I think that the statement - Australia might be a possible winner - rather belongs to the bold prediction thread. :D

Why would it be bold? They are one of the favourites to win with the bookies.

mauve
10th March 2018, 21:45
Why would it be bold? They are one of the favourites to win with the bookies.

I am usually sceptical about the odds. I mean how can they place countries in the odds when the songs are not even published yet (Bulgaria, Sweden, Finland, Israel, Russia)? And they rank them high. So I also don't trust the other placements such as Australia.

henhu
11th March 2018, 18:20

Worst: ::az ::ru ::ro

Ezio
11th March 2018, 21:12
Best: ::am ::cz
Worst:: ::az ::au ::is

ZoboCamel
13th March 2018, 08:53
Best result: ::cz. As a bit of a less likely guess, ::au::bg, which I think are outside chances for the win.

Worst result: ::ro::ru::az, and at a longer shot ::rs::is.

If we're just talking about the last 10 years, then I think ::ee::il are in with a particularly good chance to top themselves, with ::gr::be less likely but still possible.

FreeFair
14th March 2018, 18:56
Best results: Czech Republic (almost certain!), Bulgaria, Hungary
Worst Results- Romania (NQ), Azerbaijan (NQ), Armenia (NQ), Russia (NQ), Australia (probably 12th)

Citelis
14th March 2018, 20:12
Worst: difficult but i think ::am

BernadetteCydonia
19th March 2018, 09:54
best: ::cz (undoubtedly), ::hu (wouldn't be much possible but I cannot X them out just yet), ::lt (I heard foreigners fawning over Ieva for some reason so them byacthes better vote then to justify their support :P)

worst: ::au perhaps as it's time for them to fade out, ::ro

SwedishFailurez
19th March 2018, 15:48
Best result
::cz
This is no contest! With its edge and charisma, this entry will do WAY beyond what Czech has done before. At least top 15.

::bg
With a killer-staging and if their performances are on-point, Bulgaria may finally win it.

::ee ::il
Same as above, but they have already won before.

::hu
Quite risky of an entry. If they will pull this off, 3rd place is enough to be their best placing ever.

::mk
If they do not screw this up live, Karolina will dethrone her position as queen of Macedonia. xcry1

::sm
https://i.imgur.com/0aTn7Vn.jpg

Worst result
::az
This song is too vanilla to get any attention from the televoters. Only the staging can save them from their first ever disqualification.

::ro
The song has some flavor and Romania does decently with the televote. Romania may qualify, but the final will be another gruesome story.

::is
Iceland can potentially be dead last in the semi this year...

::au
This one is tricky, but I think this entry will be better executed why the one last year and Australia seem to retain their jury-support for another year. The televote and the upcomming staging is the tricky part and its hard to predict if the televoters will vote for it. We will see in the end...

94ayd
19th March 2018, 18:09
::mk
If they do not screw this up live, Karolina will dethrone her position as queen of Macedonia. xcry1

You know ::mk's best place (12th) was achieved by Elena Risteska (2006) & Kaliopi (2012), right? :p

SwedishFailurez
19th March 2018, 18:21
You know ::mk's best place (12th) was achieved by Elena Risteska (2006) & Kaliopi (2012), right? :p
Ops, I mixed Elena with Karolina, but Kaliopi ended up 13th though.
And yes... Top 11 is a slim chance, but we can dream.

Muovivalas
19th March 2018, 20:29
Best:
::cz - This is inevitable, I suppose. They should finally enter top10, it's a crime if they don't!
::bg - They're in it to win it 8-)

Worst:
::ro - Oh Romania. It's time.

anaraqueen
20th March 2018, 02:50
best:
::cz - if they stay below the top 20 i'll be shocked
(maybe cyprus because why not)

worst:
::ro - one of favorite countries in the contest... i'll be sad but itswhatshedeserves.gif
(and i think azerbaijan will still do better than in 2014)

Realest
6th January 2019, 22:08
Lol, unbelievable how many people thought the horrible macedonian Entry would get their best result, while it got their worst result by far.
Also interesting to see that some people thought Australia, Croatia and Armenia would het their best result.

Mainshow
6th January 2019, 22:18
To be fair, the painful live performance was probably the reason for FYR Macedonia not qualifying. The song itself was top-notch, well-produced, fresh, innovative and genuinely interesting and instant.

Realest
6th January 2019, 22:23
It was an amateurish try to mix different styles without sounding like a Unit for me and some parts dont match together.

Mainshow
6th January 2019, 22:27
Actually, I think it was a very refreshing and experimental masterpiece of channeling the best different styles have to offer. Like fusion cuisine.

Sammy
13th January 2019, 21:52
I rather tend to think it was like when I was a child and I thought I'd get the most beautiful color out our my paintbox by mixing all the colors I liked best together. :mrgreen: