PDA

View Full Version : Germany GERMANY 2018 - Michael Schulte - You Let Me Walk Alone

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

escYOUnited
9th April 2017, 02:29
http://escunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Germany-Card.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxP3WlahA_g

LYRICS (Click Spoiler)

I'm a dreamer, a make believer
I was told that you were, too
I love the silence and the clear horizon
And I got that all from you

Every now and then I'm drawn to places
Where I hear your voice or see your face
And every little thought will lead me right back to you

I was born from one love
Of two hearts
We were three kids and a loving mum
You made this place a home
A shelter from the storm
You said I had one life
And a true heart
I tried my best
And I came so far
But you will never know
'Cause you let me walk this road alone

My childhood hero will always be you
And no one else comes close
I thought you'd lead me
When life's misleading
That's when I miss you most

Every now and then I'm drawn to places
Where I hear your voice or see your face
And every little thought will lead me right back to you

I was born from one love
Of two hearts
A shelter from the storm
You said I had one life
And a true heart
I tried my best
And I came so far
But you will never know

Ohhhh, ohhhh, ohhhh

I was born from one love
Of two hearts
A shelter from the storm
You said I had one life
And a true heart
I tried my best
And I came so far
But you will never know

Videos:
Reaction Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNuPstGJtFM&t=21s)

Charly
9th April 2017, 17:54
Aiming a 4th ast place in a row? xhot

LoveHate
20th April 2017, 13:11
They need to come up with a new selection process.

GermanBango
26th April 2017, 01:36
So another Bottom 6 result already seems set for 2016 which means it's basically the 5th failure in a row.It should be clear by now that the NDR doesn't give a shit about Eurovision. I'm gonna say again what I already said last year: "Let's just withdraw!"
It doesn't make any sense to me to send anyone anywhere if the NDR isn't able to put any passion/effort into this. This whole thing is just one never ending embarrassment/disappointment and it slowly takes away all the fun and excitement for me.
Sure, we can change the NF-format yet again but it won't help anyway.... The 2 main-problems are here to stay:

1. The NDR only gives us a bunch of bland middle-of-the-road-songs and/or artists with zero personality. Maybe there are going to be one or two interesting/promising songs in the lineup ("Frozen Silence", "Mother Earth", "Cotton Candy Hurricane", "Heart one the line", "Wechselt die Beleuchtung",...) but the German public just ignores them and goes for one of the bland ones instead.
2. The creativity of the NDR is blow sea level. The performances always end up being boring/uninspired.

Let's just face it ... EVERY Eurovision fan could probably come up with a) a better NF-concept and choice of songs/artists and b) more creative/innovative ideas for performances.

ChrisOL
26th April 2017, 02:50
So another Bottom 6 result already seems set for 2016 which means it's basically the 5th failure in a row.It should be clear by now that the NDR doesn't give a shit about Eurovision. I'm gonna say again what I already said last year: "Let's just withdraw!"
It doesn't make any sense to me to send anyone anywhere if the NDR isn't able to put any passion/effort into this. This whole thing is just one never ending embarrassment/disappointment and it slowly takes away all the fun and excitement for me.
Sure, we can change the NF-format yet again but it won't help anyway.... The 2 main-problems are here to stay:

1. The NDR only gives us a bunch of bland middle-of-the-road-songs and/or artists with zero personality. Maybe there are going to be one or two interesting/promising songs in the lineup ("Frozen Silence", "Mother Earth", "Cotton Candy Hurricane", "Heart one the line", "Wechselt die Beleuchtung",...) but the German public just ignores them and goes for one of the bland ones instead.
2. The creativity of the NDR is blow sea level. The performances always end up being boring/uninspired.

Let's just face it ... EVERY Eurovision fan could probably come up with a) a better NF-concept and choice of songs/artists and b) more creative/innovative ideas for performances.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if were on rank 19, 22 or 26 this year. Basically everything this year is a fail for us, even Slovenia has a more "edgy" song than Levina. It would be the 5th failure as you said, and if nothing changes were probably ending somewhere in the bottom in 2018 as well... Sadly "Perfect life" is boring, bad produced and just cheep. Well done, NDR.
After 2016 I really thought things could just get better for this year, but they have proven me wrong. This year was the first year without a major scandal since 2014(!), I just need to name Andreas Kümmert and Xavier Naidoo.

The NDR had time, they had hundreds of artist, probably hundreds of songs and what just happened? We had a national selection with 5 singers, in which only Levina had a qualification in some way. Not even talking about Felicia's and Helene's vocals. Not even everyone could sing their own version, who the hell had this idea for example in 2014 or 2015?!
Two bland, forgettable and cheap songs. I'm pretty sure I could have written a better, more edgy and catchy song...

T. Schreiber said in an interview a few months ago that were ready for the top 10 and want to reach it again. Is the NDR suffering a loss of reality?

I wouldn't consider withdrawing, we can do it better. But maybe not with the NDR and not with their attitude.

What about songwriters like Felix Jaehn, Alexander Zuckowski ("Rise like a phoenix", "80 Millionen", Alvaro Soler etc.). We have so many good producers and songwriters in Germany, it can't be that hard.

NDR, give the money to the right people and not to the same production team like almost every year. I don't want to hear "Ich kann mir echt nicht erklären, woran es gelegen hat, aber Deutschland unterstützt dich" the next 10 years at the aftershowparty at the Reeperbahn in television...
The only good thing this year is the promotion and that Levina is a great artist herself.

What to expect for 2018? I really don't know. Maybe we should just apply at the NDR.

12Points
26th April 2017, 13:43
Internal selection that's actually working. Please.

JonnyWest
27th April 2017, 00:11
Please don't buy flop songs from foreigners, ::de has so much talent inside borders xpray

AshleyWright
27th April 2017, 00:36
lmao. Considering the fit they threw in 2015 at the BBC getting the anniversary show, accusing them of being a joke, not taking seriously etc, i'd say NDR do care for esc. They're just a complete hopeless lost cause at it. If they didn't care you wouldn't get your over thought, over planned NF formats as you do. You just need a new team on it (as do the BBC). France did that and look at the turn around there, 2 great entries from endless years of mediocrity before. Coming from someone who has lived through a few internal selections, they do not work out if the team is hopeless. In 2011, it was right. In 2012, the BBC rejected (current and popular at the time) Pixie Lott (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swcULf1ATyU) and changed their mind on the kinda unknown at the time, but producing stunning music, Hurts, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt1kc_FniKM) for the relic that is Englebert Humperdink. Sadly both of our nations will be stuck plodding along with mehness until the teams are completely changed with people who are young, experienced and have another view on eurovision and what good music is.

GermanBango
28th April 2017, 04:08
lmao. Considering the fit they threw in 2015 at the BBC getting the anniversary show, accusing them of being a joke, not taking seriously etc, i'd say NDR do care for esc. They're just a complete hopeless lost cause at it. If they didn't care you wouldn't get your over thought, over planned NF formats as you do. You just need a new team on it (as do the BBC). France did that and look at the turn around there, 2 great entries from endless years of mediocrity before. Coming from someone who has lived through a few internal selections, they do not work out if the team is hopeless. In 2011, it was right. In 2012, the BBC rejected (current and popular at the time) Pixie Lott (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swcULf1ATyU) and changed their mind on the kinda unknown at the time, but producing stunning music, Hurts, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt1kc_FniKM) for the relic that is Englebert Humperdink. Sadly both of our nations will be stuck plodding along with mehness until the teams are completely changed with people who are young, experienced and have another view on eurovision and what good music is.

They should just hire us :lol:

Lenny1993
3rd May 2017, 22:14
Whatever the outcome in 2017 might be, I'm sure they'll stick to the casting format. Just because they don't wanna throw it away after only one run. But the thing is that the concept of the show didn't work. The singers were all quite good here but the song selection process was miserable. Neither "Perfect Life" nor "Wildfire" were instant catchy songs, you loved from the first performance. Even after a few listens, they don't really stick. "Perfect Life" more than "Wildfire", that's why the German public picked it. Anyway, my point is: Okay, do a casting show, I don't mind finding fresh talent. BUT and this is the most important thing: Don't give everyone two identical songs and expect the greatest versions ever. Through that we don't get quality but songs that are so lame and totally bland. If you really wanna do a casting show, then do it as follows:

1) Make one show where the audience chooses a singer. Let them do three covers, let's say two of their favorite songs (they obviously need to be quite different, so that the audience can see what they could do at Eurovision) and a Eurovision one. Then the audience decides who is going to represent Germany. (Call this "Unser Star für...")
2) The chosen artists gets a month in the studio. He is able to listen to songs that people send in for Eurovision in general, that people maybe wrote with them in mind after the national final and they can also write songs on their own. By the end the act should provide six potential songs for Eurovision. (You could do a webseries on the process ;-))
3) One month later the act performs all songs in one show. The public chooses its two favorites and then decides in a superfinal what song is going to be the German one at Eurovision 2018. (Call this "Unser Song 2018")

Through this we'll get radiofriendly pop-songs but also individual songs and tracks that are written especially for an act. Just listen to Levina's album: I'm sure if they did the procedure I just explained in 2017, Levina would have performed "Echo", "Perfect Life", "Ordinary People", "Wildfire", "Stop Right There" and "Courage to Say Goodbye". And I'm also sure that people wouldn't have picked "Perfect Life" but rather "Ordinary People" or "Stop Right There" because you here that she is much more doing her thing on those songs than on "Perfect Life".

DanielLuis
3rd May 2017, 23:26
I think if they really want to do a casting format they just need to try and adapt the format used from 2010-2012. It worked wonders for them back then.

Lenny1993
4th May 2017, 12:19
I think if they really want to do a casting format they just need to try and adapt the format used from 2010-2012. It worked wonders for them back then.

The problem with that is that it was a co-production with a private channel. And Raab was involved. Those two factors brought Raab's sense for great pop-songs and a much younger audience into the selection process. Also, the shows were much more promoted than this year, where the show was only a production of ARD/NDR. Just adapting the same format won't help us getting better results. They need to find their OWN way of doing it and they need to learn to promote the acts more. Promote the show more. Bringing in a variety of people with different tastes, ages, etc.

ChrisOL
4th May 2017, 15:37
The problem with that is that it was a co-production with a private channel. And Raab was involved. Those two factors brought Raab's sense for great pop-songs and a much younger audience into the selection process. Also, the shows were much more promoted than this year, where the show was only a production of ARD/NDR. Just adapting the same format won't help us getting better results. They need to find their OWN way of doing it and they need to learn to promote the acts more. Promote the show more. Bringing in a variety of people with different tastes, ages, etc.

I think they also have to learn how to deal with a low budget. I don't know our budget the NDR has, but it is our money they spend for Eurovision - Which is different to the cooperation with Pro7. Private channels can basically spend whatever they want on something, the channels we pay for have to go through a lot of committees. Therefore, the NDR probably can't even spend the money they want to spend, because it is not allowed for them.

I honestly don't know the prices for pop songs, but being able to spend more money brings the chance for better songs. For example, with the help of Pro7/Sat.1 they were able to buy "Satellite" or something else, which would not have been possible this year. (It's already 7 years ago, the NDR shouldn't refer to this succesful idea all the time, time has changed :rolleyes:)

And maybe that's the reason why we only had two songs this year: They didn't have enough money to buy more (that would be really really sad by the way).
If I get to know the budget it would be really interesting to see if corruption is another possible thing...

So, I don't want to defend the NDR, but this could be a problem in Germany that private channels won't have.

bstream
14th May 2017, 06:57
Out of the struggling three (UK, Germany, Spain), Germany found their answer long ago: Stefan. Raab.

From my understanding, funding is an issue. Hire Raab as a consultant, utilize his techniques regarding partnering with private networks and funding sources.

The Raab method is tried and tested, and produced the first German winner in decades and a string of top 10s. I feel like this will continue to be a discussion until Raab and/or his methodology is finally brought back into the mix.

GermanBango
14th May 2017, 19:54
Dear NDR,
do it right or stay at home.
Thank you, bye. :lol:

Kicker
14th May 2017, 21:44
To be honest, as long as the NDR keeps demonstrating one year after another that they just have no idea about how Eurovision works and also don't seem to care about it, I'd prefer seeing Germany withdraw and trying again with new people around 2021 or so.

Stiven
15th May 2017, 14:46
Sorry for going off-topic but I just have to share this:
https://twitter.com/CallumRowe_/status/863702185972043777
Back on topic I hope that the German HoD learned once and for all that the current voting system where a sizeable portion of the songs will not be heard at all doesn't work, people need to listen to all the songs before they can pick the best one.

Jay25
16th May 2017, 22:34
Just one thing: Please, just PLEASE don't send a "radio-friendly-song". All the songs Germany sent in the last years were "radio-friendly", and this has always been a problem.
You could have switched every german entry with some generic "radio-friendly-pop-song". And you just can't get any points with it.
There are thousand of those songs in the world.

We need something with character, we need a singer and a song with edges, with surprises, with heart.

Franzilein
16th May 2017, 22:58
I think we had some decent acts in the national finals the last few years (thinking of Blitzkids etc.), but sadly they never managed to get enough votes. Maybe an internal selection isn't the worst (then again, the public was outraged when it was tried with Xavier Naidoo, and I don't even want to know what Schreiber and his comrades would select, knowing their incapability :?)

VasilijeM
17th May 2017, 00:04
Mia Diekow, Blitzkids mvt. or GTFO

Jay25
17th May 2017, 00:12
Yes, there were indeed some "creative" entries, almost every year.

But there were also those "safe calls", winning most of the time. Probably because the German's just feel it is "good to send an average radio-friendly" song. At least, most of the Germans don't seem to understand the reason we are failing at eurovision ("Everything is political!", "Blame it on Merkel!", "Everyone hates the Germans!", "We don't get any neighbour points!", "The contest is corrupt!", I could go on for ages...)

One moment that somehow described this feeling: There was an interview with the German jury, asking why they gave 12 points to Norway. And the answer was, they (I think Nicole answered) felt like this was the "most modern and best-produced song" in the contest. Well, you can't say that the German entires weren't modern nor badly produced. But those attributes are not enough for a successful song.. :-(

aef
20th May 2017, 13:36
Hopefully ::de finally realized that the won't succeed with bland female entries? I mean they now did the same concept for 3 years in a row and it never worked! Extremely dull song, inoffensive staging, cold artist... :rolleyes:

I guess the best thing would be an internal selection because on the one side NDR is obviously unable to put up a decent NF and on the other side the ::de audience is selecting the wrong artist and/or song... :lol: (For example the other song from this year's NF would have been so much better!)

Sean
20th May 2017, 18:30
Myself and the team have mused on Germany's problems in an editorial which you can read HERE (http://escunited.com/2017/05/20/germany-the-rise-and-fall-of-a-promising-rebirth/).

Is it right? Or is it wrong? :mrgreen:

jimijoop
20th May 2017, 21:15
Only Nadia Ceana can bring the victory for Germany again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLHxQUu04TI

EscGeek
21st May 2017, 12:38
I want something daring.... like gothic metal with a guy in lederhosen dancing kolo + solo with a bizzare local instrument

my point is: stop trying to be radio friendly and please everyone

12Points
21st May 2017, 14:37
I'm so waiting for Unser Song 2018 to be like Supernova 2015 (Latvia's NF for 2015), an NF full of quirky cool songs :mrgreen:

I think 2014 is a pretty good diverse edition tho. If only they chose Madeline or MarieMarie :rolleyes:

Hopefully ::de finally realized that the won't succeed with bland female entries? I mean they now did the same concept for 3 years in a row and it never worked! Extremely dull song, inoffensive staging, cold artist... :rolleyes:

I guess the best thing would be an internal selection because on the one side NDR is obviously unable to put up a decent NF and on the other side the ::de audience is selecting the wrong artist and/or song... :lol: (For example the other song from this year's NF would have been so much better!)

Is It Right is also pretty bland :rolleyes:

Rusch
22nd May 2017, 09:09
Only Nadia Ceana can bring the victory for Germany again:

You are jocking? This would ensure bottom 3 again.

Just one thing: Please, just PLEASE don't send a "radio-friendly-song". All the songs Germany sent in the last years were "radio-friendly", and this has always been a problem.

As I remember, Perfect life was mainly ignored by the radio stations.

I got no problem ending up on the last place with a daring so song that missed the pan european sense of music, but I defenitely don't want to end up us again on the last places with that kind of song we sent the past years.

Realest
25th May 2017, 12:19
A "Radio-friendly" song that hadnt been played in the Radio for once :D The best would be an intern selection of an established Musician (Please Helene Fischer). The German Audience has no clue about the Eurovision since they claim every year to be the victim of politics and dont understand that they have to stand out in order to get some Top10-Rankings. 2014 Im Sure that we would have been Top10 with MarieMarie, but unfortunately our Audience picked the normal beat-hitter Elaiza which got most of their points thanks to their polish and ukrainian Origin and the corrupt armenian Jury.

A-lister
25th May 2017, 12:28
Germany is playing it so damn safe, how about a song in German for a change? xshrug

ChrisOL
25th May 2017, 16:17
Helene Fischer? Please no. And she won't go to Eurovision to not ruin her career in the worst case anyway. (And I haven't heard a good song for Eurovision by briefly listening to her new album for example)

Realest
25th May 2017, 17:59
Of Course she wouldnt, since it is not necessary for her career.

Franzilein
26th May 2017, 00:37
I for one would love to see my favourite redhead participating one day xpray

https://youtu.be/mWQVc9tSbWI

He is still relatively unknown, although he deserves so much more attention, which he could easily gain through Eurovision. He doesn't need other people to write songs for him, as he's an amazing composer himself (imo), got a very pleasant voice - and is incredibly handsome, hrhr. He's probably not the type to stand out with crazy staging or unusual songs and goes more into the "radio-friendly" direction, but I'm pretty sure the whole package wouldn't be as dull as Levina's or unfitting as Jamie-Lee's xthink

HSV1887
27th May 2017, 13:19
Helene Fischer would have to make drastic changes to her music style if she were to ever take part in Eurovision and I really don't think she would be interested in doing that. She's Germany's IT-girl. Why take the chance to potentially fail and ruin her perfectly constructed image?

Realest
27th May 2017, 15:08
Vanessa Mai would be the Perfect Choice, since she sings in german and represents our Musicculture.

izHB2EdMngg

ChrisOL
27th May 2017, 17:20
Vanessa Mai would be the Perfect Choice, since she sings in german and represents our Musicculture.

izHB2EdMngg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khNXKXuJqUQ

And this song is written by Dieter Bohlen, who just recycled this and other old songs for Vanessa Mai :lol::mrgreen:, I'm sorry :mrgreen: (I feel like I'm being rude, but I'm not :))
Still, Dieter Bohlen knows how the music industry works, since he can sell thousands of copies of old songs in new versions. He probably could write a Eurovision hit, but I guess that he would just recycle some old stuff again. Or we would have discussions about plagiarism again :/

Alex1211ander
27th May 2017, 17:40
Vanessa Mai represents German music culture? :lol:

ESCKerli
27th May 2017, 18:35
At this point, you need Lena to save your reputation :D

12Points
27th May 2017, 19:18
After seeing the 2016 NF, Alex Diehl kinda reminds me of Salvador. His performance is simpler and more matching to its song than Jamie's which makes me wonder. Why didn't he won last year? :(

Hope he gets the ticket to Lisbon :)

Vondenburg
27th May 2017, 20:36
Well we should send these kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxZMfufRJfo

jaan
27th May 2017, 23:12
Well we should send these kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxZMfufRJfo

The applied for the wildcard round in 2015 (?), but weren't selected.

Vondenburg
28th May 2017, 00:08
The applied for the wildcard round in 2015 (?), but weren't selected.
2015 was the wildcard round with the most singer especially the favorites, except Ann-Sophie, that couldn't sing live.
I remember my ears bleeding during the wildcard-concert.

nikkisback
28th May 2017, 22:48
You don't need a talking potato (raab) to find a good song. Just make a simple national final which EVERYONE can apply with their own songs, a website is enough for the first round and for the second round, take the top 10 in the stage and please don't choose a safe song. Germany has gone home so many times and now they need to go big. I really want to root for my favourite country in my favourite contest. I believe in y'all but please let this be the next one.

Realest
9th June 2017, 16:45
She should represent us next year:

cjyUGX1_uyk

Pawhlen
10th June 2017, 00:31
I really wonder, what actually happened on NDR after Roman Lobs 7th Place in Baku? Since then, it has become worse for each year, is those people responsible for the German finals still in charge?

I agree with nikkisback here above, one thing that needs to change is the national final, don´t make it so complicated for god sake (one of many reasons probably that makes it hard to get good acts to compete)

CaraMia
11th June 2017, 00:27
I would love if Germany sent a schlager song like these that are more modern versions of old German songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK3Z4CByuoc

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSzdEqN4xNE

Actually this second song is such a hit that even has a Portuguese version... :)

Realest
2nd July 2017, 00:14
Germany should apology to Xavier Naidoo and send him with a direct nomination. The Deserved last Place from halftalented (or lets say quartertalented) Jamie gives him right.

HSV1887
5th July 2017, 03:40
Well, I just found out that this lovely lady is German and currently resides in Berlin. She would certainly be an interesting choice for Eurovision (not that I think she would ever want to do it, though):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUdyuKaGQd4

Realest
1st August 2017, 00:05
Even if she seemed to be Lying, i think she would be a good option (at 05:04):

TitGUHVmMEA

jaan
1st August 2017, 02:21
Even if she seemed to be Lying, i think she would be a good option (at 05:04):

TitGUHVmMEA

Why should she lie? She has no career at all.

Realest
1st August 2017, 02:24
Why should she lie? She has no career at all.

I mean i had not the impression that she was serious while saying she could imagine to represent Germany.

CC92
5th August 2017, 14:33
It's a very ambitious goal for them, of course, but the NDR will probably attempt reaching 22nd place to round off their collection of bottom-third places for the era since 2004 (introduction of semi-finals):

27th 2015 rarity
26th 2016
25th 2017
24th 2005
23rd 2008
22nd 2018(?)
21st 2013
20th 2009
19th 2007
18th 2014

Leaving 2006 (14th) as the only miss (assisted [Raab] years don't count). xclap

DanielLuis
5th August 2017, 17:20
It's a very ambitious goal for them, of course, but the NDR will probably attempt reaching 22nd place to round off their collection of bottom-third places for the era since 2004 (introduction of semi-finals):

27th 2015 rarity

Germany saw the opportunity and took it! :lol:

tuorem
6th August 2017, 13:31
Germans might as well sing in German tbh, like Spain they have nothing to lose really.

Even if they don't want to win, they could bother sending alternative acts, which can't be worse than their middle-of-the-road pop songs.

I'm sincerely sorry for Jamie-Lee and Levina who could have rocked the contest had they been given solid songs. They had great voices, it's scandalous to waste talents like these on impactless tracks.

Like TVE, I hope NDR wakes up for the sake of German fans: wasn't it sad that many people (including me) were so delighted with the fact Germany avoided the last place this year? The level of expectations has become abysmal over the years. :?

Realest
8th August 2017, 15:28
Id rather say, that Jamie Lee and Levina are at best halftalented and not nearly good enough for europes biggest music competition. Both suffer a lot from Selfesteem. Jamie still thinks she is a victim of a political voting and that its definetly not her fault and Levina really thought that she would end up in the Top9 and that she was very surprised although
everyone predicted her 25th place. Both sang very horrible, Jamie had about 5-6 crooked Notes within 3 Minutes and Levinas whole beginning (while she lied on the ground) was crooked and during the high notes her voice cracked up several times.

I have that feeling that many Countries will bring "real music" in their own language so id rather say, that next year is the wrong moment to return in german.

randajad
8th August 2017, 17:14
Id rather say, that Jamie Lee and Levina are at best halftalented and not nearly good enough for europes biggest music competition. Both suffer a lot from Selfesteem. Jamie still thinks she is a victim of a political voting and that its definetly not her fault and Levina really thought that she would end up in the Top9 and that she was very surprised although
everyone predicted her 25th place. Both sang very horrible, Jamie had about 5-6 crooked Notes within 3 Minutes and Levinas whole beginning (while she lied on the ground) was crooked and during the high notes her voice cracked up several times.

I have that feeling that many Countries will bring "real music" in their own language so id rather say, that next year is the wrong moment to return in german. Tbh, I kinda agree with you. And do not forget that song must be good, but memorable as well, eg. Ghost was good, but fail completely to be remembered, and Perfect life had good lyrics, but everything else was terrible. And on the other hand I do not know what advice should be given to germany except get someone from most popular radio stations in Germany who is competent enough to choose a good charming vocalist, then chose between good songs with different tempos after the half of entries are chosen. :D

Realest
8th August 2017, 17:44
Tbh, I kinda agree with you. And do not forget that song must be good, but memorable as well, eg. Ghost was good, but fail completely to be remembered, and Perfect life had good lyrics, but everything else was terrible. And on the other hand I do not know what advice should be given to germany except get someone from most popular radio stations in Germany who is competent enough to choose a good charming vocalist, then chose between good songs with different tempos after the half of entries are chosen. :D

Of Course, many People had Jamie or Levina on their 5th-10th Place, but usually they vote only for their Top 2 or 3. Thats what our Fans and the NDR dont understand.

Im not sure if there is anything to save in Germany. Our Delegation has no clue from Music and our Audience always chose the wrong entry. I bet MarieMarie in 2014 would be easily without exaggeration Top 10. Or 2015 Laing and 2016 Ella Endlich would be much better Choices, while Kümmert and Jamie are too normal. The next problem is, that we will never ever have an internal selection of someone famous because noone would accept to not have a choice. Even Superstars like Helene Fischer would probably not be accepted. And international Juries that have a Clue is also impossible to imply because Germans would never accept being outvoted by them. And in General, famous people here dont want to risk their careers. And talented (enough for Europes Biggest Musicshow) nonames dont seem to exist. So at this point im starting to think if a withdrawal would be the best solution.

CC92
8th August 2017, 19:57
German televoters are not to blame for the misguided choices. The fault lay in the flimflammed destructive voting systems which produced winners people primilary did not support. Having international juries aboard works well for many countries, however, just as with internal selections I cannot trust the NDR to not mess something up there, too. Therefore I would recommend to hold a national final with one voting round and 100% televoting to them.
This being said, the best option would still be if the NDR ceded the whole thing to another broadcaster given how much they are certified in incompetence.

blue00eyes
8th August 2017, 21:37
Levina was, along with No Angels one of the most bland, beige ESC entries. I don't remember much from her performance, can't even sing a bit of her song, I can only say it reminded me of Titanium at the beginning, I remember she lied on the floor for a while and she had grey, a bit futuristic clothes (and no shoes?). Nothing outstanding, nothing original, I hope you can pick something more daring and memorable next time.

A-lister
9th August 2017, 13:46
Germans might as well sing in German tbh, like Spain they have nothing to lose really.

Even if they don't want to win, they could bother sending alternative acts, which can't be worse than their middle-of-the-road pop songs.

This! But for some reason there's an extreme self-loath in German TV so unlikely seeing something in German, maybe alternative is a higher chance. They don't have anything to loose because it's not as if these meh songs in English lately have helped them.

Realest
12th August 2017, 16:52
I don't remember much from her performance[...] I can only say it reminded me of Titanium at the beginning, I remember she lied on the floor for a while and she had grey, a bit futuristic clothes (and no shoes?). Nothing outstanding, nothing original

Actually, you remembered everything :D :D

blue00eyes
12th August 2017, 18:35
Actually, you remembered everything :D :D
All the bad things sadly

Homer2099
23rd August 2017, 13:44
I made a video about Germany in Eurovision from 2013 to 2017 and at the end I also added five suggestions for 2018! All of them would be great in my opinion. What do you think?
https://youtu.be/pPm4aFSsBOo

Realest
23rd August 2017, 17:03
I made a video about Germany in Eurovision from 2013 to 2017 and at the end I also added five suggestions for 2018! All of them would be great in my opinion. What do you think?
https://youtu.be/pPm4aFSsBOo

For me Jamie was the worst from the last 5 years. Cant understand how you put her on 1st Place.

Concerning the Suggestions:

Im not sure if Alice is a one hit wonder or if she is more than that. But she seems talented, I rather think the last one.
Adel Tawil wont work outside Germany i think.
Madeline is the same like the last participants. A normal young girl with some solid popsongs. Again somebody who would be about 15-20th in everyones list.
Valentina Mer... I dont know her and see nothing outstanding.
Wincent Weiss problably the same like Adel.

If we sent someone with a german song it should be real german Schlager. If not Helene Fischer, then maybe Beatrice Egli (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpUO6XCMQAM).

But in the end it will be someone unknown as usual.

ChrisOL
24th August 2017, 01:49
All songs that were already released before September are out of the race anyway - And I also think we would flop pretty hard with someone like Adel Tawil or just a song of this "kind" of German music. Alice Merton actually could be a good choice with a GOOD song - with a song similar to those of the last years, she would fail aswell...

By the way, Ela from Elaiza (Germany 2014) is featuring in a new Culcha Candela song, in my opinion it sounds more or less different compared to German clichee pop...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wgx0jVd4qQ

RomanFromRussia
24th August 2017, 16:44
I think Germany can be a dark horse with an inner product like Wincent Weiss or Revolverheld. The only trouble of Germany in the years 2013-2017, its entries were not that much outstanding as Europe needs. Elaiza was just forgotten due to being out of competition, Cascada's song was just a dance song of one million copies of it and even Nathalie's charisma could not save it, Ann Sophie, Jamie and Levina have been lost in the race due too hard competition.

Germany has nothing to lose, I am waiting for an experiment entries.

jaan
30th August 2017, 00:47
I'm quite sure that we have winning chances with this girl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8q8bw5Bwds

But of course she will never appear in one of Brainpools horrible national finals. Sad.

missbones
1st September 2017, 21:26
I can't believe you just saw Portugal winning with a song like Amar pelos dois yet you guys still say that 'locals' like Adel or Wincent wouldn't work outside Germany. Please, think outside the box! You have so many great artists... I've been loving this guy latelyxheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki2Rb860kaY

also this: you only have to read the comments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tERRFWuYG48

Realest
5th September 2017, 23:50
So it seems like ::de is the only Country who doesnt know anything about next year..

ChrisOL
6th September 2017, 02:04
I guess they are working on it, we just don't have any information yet.

Realest
6th September 2017, 02:24
Yes, but other Countries have already Dates, Concepts and inserted Songs etc.. and we have nothing.

JamieBrown
6th September 2017, 15:22
We have half a year to the submission deadline left.

ChrisOL
6th September 2017, 23:28
I don't even want to know everything by now. And I think that we never got any information in the first week of September...

They have a date, a concept and so on - WE just don't know yet.. If not, there is so much time left.

Chorizo
7th September 2017, 01:23
Yes, but other Countries have already Dates, Concepts and inserted Songs etc.. and we have nothing.

Nothing is still better than what they had the last few years. xshrug

The problem is they will think very hard how to improve but then fail spectacularly again.

Realest
7th September 2017, 02:02
Nothing is still better than what they had the last few years. xshrug

:lol: :lol:

ChrisOL
8th September 2017, 01:27
Released too early, but what about her in general?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXgo4Z-Lvfw

Realest
12th September 2017, 00:10
Ive listened to a few songs from her and i find them nice, but they sound a bit swedish and Im rather for the deswedisation of the ESC, so Im not sure.

Paddy
15th September 2017, 17:19
I really hope that we send something in German next year. Its really time to change something after the last results. Why not try it with an authentic song in national language instead of some completely forgettable songs in english?

HSV1887
16th September 2017, 17:58
I really hope that we send something in German next year. Its really time to change something after the last results. Why not try it with an authentic song in national language instead of some completely forgettable songs in english?

Agreed, but unfortunately, most Germans have such a deep-seated dislike for their own culture and country that they wouldn't vote for a German song on principle.

tuorem
19th September 2017, 23:21
Agreed, but unfortunately, most Germans have such a deep-seated dislike for their own culture and country that they wouldn't vote for a German song on principle.

Unless all the songs on offer are in German ;) (one can dream ikr)

Your songs would already have much more character thanks to language musicality.

Realest
23rd September 2017, 21:20
https://eurovoix.com/2017/09/23/germany-ard-program-director-doesnt-want-win-eurovision/

So we will send terrible Songs for at least the next 4 Years.

Chorizo
26th September 2017, 17:20
https://eurovoix.com/2017/09/23/germany-ard-program-director-doesnt-want-win-eurovision/

He sounds like a bad loser who insists that he didn't want to win in the first place.
Now that the AfD entered the Bundestag, Germany will probably send a song about peace and tolerance performed by a young woman dressed in white. :mrgreen:
Unlike Russia, Germany will place in the 20s again. :lol:
:p

Romeo
29th September 2017, 01:05
terrible news today.... The legend herself... Joy Fleming has sadly passed away.

I am in shock.. so upset. I love Joy

tuorem
30th September 2017, 16:28

You've probably hit the nail on the head about how Herres's opinion on the contest may be translated musically (that is, sequels of "Perfect Life" to come), still - even if he doesn't want Germany to win soon - I don't get why Germans should necessarily make no effort whatsoever.

It's exactly like my country a few years ago: their excuse not to change their approach was that our former broadcaster supposedly didn't want to win (they still believed they would win in 2009 and 2011 though :lol:).

I mean, there is only one winner per year and having a good song doesn't automatically put you ahead of the competitors. Besides - although virtually anyone can win - Germany isn't part of the nations that get good results with anything. With that being said, sending a good song never hurt anybody, I'm sure Germans would be happy with a top 10 like everyone else. ARD should realise it's not that simple to win, if they haven't yet.

And honestly, in what kind of world one would be "afraid" of winning after doing so badly three years in a row? :? That's absurd.

Realest
4th October 2017, 13:14
So it seems like ::de is the only Country who doesnt know anything about next year..

And another Month has passed.....
I wonder if I can finally cheer for my own Country for a change next year.

Lenny1993
10th October 2017, 12:06
I've summed up my thoughts on my blog (in Germany). Basically: We've tried everything possible the last few years. We need a completely new direction and we need to risk something in order for us to get better. We need to stop and send lukewarm acts with bad to average songs that are radio-friendly and need to put songs in the national final that are different and have that special something. I'm not sure if our broadcaster is capable of these kind of songs tbh.

https://listen-to-lenny.blogspot.de/2017/10/eurovision-update-2018-nr-1-wenn-die-hoffnung-stirbt-und-die-aussichtslosigkeit-ruft.html

Realest
12th October 2017, 00:16
http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/e-mail-mit-teilnahmeaufruf-ndr-sucht-musiktalente-fuer-esc-2018/

It seems that the NDR is looking for New Talents. Allowed are Soloists, Duets and Bands from the Genres Pop, Rock, Schlager and Musical

Realest
12th October 2017, 16:45
http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/e-mail-mit-teilnahmeaufruf-ndr-sucht-musiktalente-fuer-esc-2018/

It seems that the NDR is looking for New Talents. Allowed are Soloists, Duets and Bands from the Genres Pop, Rock, Schlager and Musical

http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/offizielle-klarstellung-casting-aufruf-nicht-vom-ndr-initiiert/

It seems that this Email was fake. The only thing known is, that we will have a NF in January/February.

GermanBango
20th October 2017, 21:20
https://media.giphy.com/media/z0gGWxRPcHNuM/giphy.gif

Realest
20th October 2017, 21:34
Our Queen released a new Video:

JfwjsjBcDoU

I wished she could be our representer and the NDR spared us from another horrible NF.

Realest
27th October 2017, 14:34
+++Breaking News++++

http://www.eurovision.de/news/Vorentscheid-Modus-steht-fest-Bewerbungsfrist-laeuft,deutschland1068.html

To summarize:

-The deadline to apply is the 6th Novembre.
- The (german) Televoting, an international Jury with 20-25 Professionals and a 100-headed Europe-Panel will decide about the German Entry.
- From all candidates the Europe-Panel will decide which 20 Candidates come in the closer preselection.
- Then those 20 candidates will work hard in the studio so it will be shown who of them has the most talent considering voice, singing-skills, stagepresence etc..
- After this, the Panel and the int. Jury will decide which 5 make it in the national Final.
- Meanwhile the NDR is contacting Composer and Producer who produces to every one of these 5 a tailor-made song.

ChrisOL
27th October 2017, 14:59
So just another shade of grey.

Realest
27th October 2017, 22:56
At Least we have no 100% Televoting anymore.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/959Cf8Nk9O8/maxresdefault.jpg

Sammy
28th October 2017, 16:35
I think the idea with the european panel and the jury is a good idea. But whatever the procedure, the most important thing is to have the right song.

GlamSIMorous
28th October 2017, 22:21
I mean the voting procedure is good, yeah, but once again they are going with unprofessional candidates and go with "only" 5 songs in the national final. I wished we had to choose from 10 songs or so. And not meaning a second round.

I hope they ditch judges that give comments. What really bugs me is that Germany selects its entry due to personality reasons. If someone is super kind or an outsider they go for that person not even taking the song into consideration. I hope we will get quality songs that will NOT be played by a live band so we get to see the full potential of a song immediately. So many things can still go wrong. FINGERS ARE CROSSED :lol:

Realest
28th October 2017, 22:52
The Problem is, that the focus seems to lie on the artists and not on the songs. The best solution would be that the int. Jury and the Panel decide about Songs and Singers, so we might have a NF with 5 High-Quality acts. Then we could even use the 100% Televoting because the Audience cant do anything wrong in this case. Here in Germany, ESC-Fans think they are always right with their opinions and that there singer were among the best and that the bad places are Fr. Merkels fault. So they would never accept to be overvoted by the Juries. Even in 2013 some experts think that it was the Juries fault that LBB lost, even if this is not true. So in the End there might be a huge Drama, but lets see.

Realest
29th October 2017, 12:43
http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/exklusiv-30-fragen-an-thomas-schreiber-so-antwortet-der-ndr-unterhaltungschef/

Another Exclusive Interview from Th. Schreiber. Unfortunately it is too long to translate.

Realest
3rd November 2017, 19:41
http://www.myonlinestudy.eu/jury/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?hid_studyname=jury&hid_pagenum=0

Here you can apply for the Panel
If I understand right, you have to rank the songs as follows to improve your chance to be taken and say that you havent heard any of those songs before to prove you didnt cheat :D:
2014: ::am ::se ::pl ::no ::is ::sl
2016: ::ru ::pl ::cy ::nl ::cz

Sammy
3rd November 2017, 20:10
http://www.myonlinestudy.eu/jury/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?hid_studyname=jury&hid_pagenum=0

Here you can apply for the Panel
If I understand right, you have to rank the songs as follows to improve your chance to be taken and say that you havent heard any of those songs before to prove you didnt cheat :D:
2014: ::am ::se ::pl ::no ::is ::sl
2016: ::ru ::pl ::cy ::nl ::cz

I said I knew all of them and the server crashed! xrofl

Lenny1993
4th November 2017, 12:34
I said I knew all of them and the server crashed! xrofl

I said I knew all of them and it worked perfectly fine :rolleyes:

DaFlo
4th November 2017, 15:27
I applied as well, here for those iPads tbh

blue00eyes
4th November 2017, 22:09
I applied. That was fun, they surely won't take me because I favoured the Polish entries and shamelessly wrote at the end that I am aus Polen :lol:

Realest
8th November 2017, 13:14
The NDR changed their Opinion. Only Germans can apply for the Europe-Panel.

AshleyWright
8th November 2017, 14:15
That's scandalous. I was going to apply. Might as well call it the German Panel.

PamSwynford
8th November 2017, 14:19

How? There are several people from other countries which already received an e-mail how they are in the second round and they will be notified in the next 14 days.

PamSwynford
8th November 2017, 14:19
Double post

Realest
8th November 2017, 14:25
How? There are several people from other countries which already received an e-mail how they are in the second round and they will be notified in the next 14 days.

Probably the Non-Germans will be sorted out in the next round or something like this. In this Interview (http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/exklusiv-30-fragen-an-thomas-schreiber-so-antwortet-der-ndr-unterhaltungschef/) Th. Schreiber said that the German Televoter voted in the Past the nearest like whole Europe (our TV-Favorites in the Past were Salvador, Sergey, Il Volo, Conchita and Probably Emmelie) so the Panel can be occupied by Germans so they dont need more international help.

DaFlo
8th November 2017, 14:58
Woah I made it to the next round xheat #makeGermanyhipagain

DanielLuis
8th November 2017, 15:53

Makes total sense :lol:
I found it stranger how the application webpage for a Europe Panel was in German anyway.

PamSwynford
8th November 2017, 16:03
Probably the Non-Germans will be sorted out in the next round or something like this. In this Interview (http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/exklusiv-30-fragen-an-thomas-schreiber-so-antwortet-der-ndr-unterhaltungschef/) Th. Schreiber said that the German Televoter voted in the Past the nearest like whole Europe (our TV-Favorites in the Past were Salvador, Sergey, Il Volo, Conchita and Probably Emmelie) so the Panel can be occupied by Germans so they dont need more international help.

Basically, we all got hooked up out of nothing. :clap: Bravo ARD, no wonder you're flopping like San Marino in World Football Cup qualification.

Realest
8th November 2017, 16:09
Basically, we all got hooked up out of nothing. :clap: Bravo ARD, no wonder you're flopping like San Marino in World Football Cup qualification.

I just found out that Th. Schreiber said that they use only germans in the panel already on 29.10. and that the Poll was released on 03.11. So thats probably why the whole poll was in german.

Sammy
8th November 2017, 16:16
They could have done that already, but despite of stating, that I'm austrian, I got into the 2nd round.

PamSwynford
8th November 2017, 16:22
I just found out that Th. Schreiber said that they use only germans in the panel already on 29.10. and that the Poll was released on 03.11. So thats probably why the whole poll was in german.

What a bunch of frauds.

Miguel
8th November 2017, 20:29
Something I noticed today: Germany is the only nation that has awarded 12 points to all the televote winners since 2014. In all four occasions the German public voted in line with the televoting, giving full marks to "Rise Like a Phoenix", "Grande amore", "You Are the Only One" and "Amar pelos dois". What kind of flawless voting! Always trust the Germans because they really know their stuff. :)

Realest
8th November 2017, 20:53
Something I noticed today: Germany is the only nation that has awarded 12 points to all the televote winners since 2014. In all four occasions the German public voted in line with the televoting, giving full marks to "Rise Like a Phoenix", "Grande amore", "You Are the Only One" and "Amar pelos dois". What kind of flawless voting! Always trust the Germans because they really know their stuff. :)

Its because we have the biggest (or 2nd biggest TV after Russia?) TV in whole Europe and since Turkey doesnt participate our TV isnt prone to diaspora-Voting in the opposite to almost all others.

Realest
9th November 2017, 01:23
http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/ndr-roadshow-in-frankfurt-die-neue-nationale-aufgabe/

-Germany won the Juryvoting in 2007 (Why couldnt we have Juries back then?? :( :( :( )
-The Panel-Jury reduces the 200 Candidate to 20
- The Juries help reducing those 20 to 5
- The NF-Performance should be similar like the ESC-Performance
- Probably the Songs will be performed only once (Because this year the Televoter were clearly for "Wildfire" in the 3rd Round and even clearlier for "Perfect Life in the 4th Round)
- Probably the German Representer will go to the Fan-Events.

Preuss
9th November 2017, 18:58
How many points have Germany collected the last years? must be less than amount of goals scored in the world cup qualification really

Realest
9th November 2017, 19:02
How many points have Germany collected the last years? must be less than amount of goals scored in the world cup qualification really

17 in the last 3 years.
And in the Worldcup-Quali it was 43 Goals.
To compare with sweden:
970 in the last 3 years.
And 26 Goals.

:D :D

blue00eyes
10th November 2017, 08:38
I think they invited everyone to the next round :p I have also received an e-mail but I'm already out since I can't attend the live shows in Germany twice :( I was hoping I could pick my favourite songs online. 8-)

I also think it would be better if they gave us non-ESC material to judge because most of us already knew the songs and we are somehow biased

Sammy
10th November 2017, 11:42
I think they invited everyone to the next round :p I have also received an e-mail but I'm already out since I can't attend the live shows in Germany twice :( I was hoping I could pick my favourite songs online. 8-)

I also think it would be better if they gave us non-ESC material to judge because most of us already knew the songs and we are somehow biased

Same for me! I simply havo not so much time to go there at least 2 times, if not more often.... this condition might be a huge bias when it comes to having a representative pannel.

DanielLuis
10th November 2017, 13:31
17 in the last 3 years.
And in the Worldcup-Quali it was 43 Goals.
To compare with sweden:
970 in the last 3 years.
And 26 Goals.

:D :D

Oh my god, that is so sad and hilarious at the same time :lol: I love that Portugal with only one final appearance has made 44 times more points than Germany in the last 3 years combined
It's sad really, I hope Germany can get back on it's feet

Realest
12th November 2017, 02:42
Another interesting Interview:

http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/ndr-roadshow-aufbruchstimmung-ueber-den-daechern-von-berlin/

- Its not 100% that we have only 5 Finalists.
- The Name "Europe Panel" is a bit unlucky
- He wanted Levina to sing another Song in Lana del Rey-Style but the whole Team overvoted him
- They try to convince some famous Artists to take part in the NF
- They try to get "away from the Mainstream"

Realest
13th November 2017, 14:31
An Interview with the new HoD Christoph Pellander:
http://www.eurovision.de/news/Interview-mit-dem-deutschen-ESC-Delegationsleiter,interview3192.html

- They had 4000 Candidates, and 1000 serious among them (probably 3000 Trolls)
- 15000 applied for the Europe-Panel
-The 100 Panel-Juries will be revealed.
- His Favorite ESC-Song is ::dk 2010

RomanFromRussia
13th November 2017, 15:48

Not a thing to be proud of tbh

Realest
13th November 2017, 16:24
Not a thing to be proud of tbh

This was also my #2 behind Germany (without being patriotic) so he made a good impression to me.

lavieenrose
13th November 2017, 17:30
- He wanted Levina to sing another Song in Lana del Rey-Style but the whole Team overvoted him

This...doesn't feel like anything more than a post-hoc arse-covering.

DanielLuis
13th November 2017, 18:14

Well I guess if he has ny input on the seleciton of songs the tide won't turn for Germany very soon.

Alex1211ander
17th November 2017, 00:39
I Could be Part of the panel :)

30.11. Selection of Top20
18.-20.12. Selection of Top5
21.02.-01.03. National Final (1 or 2 days)

CC92
18th November 2017, 16:25
This was also my #2 behind Germany (without being patriotic) so he made a good impression to me.

Sampling only this entry would'f probably been the easiest way to separate out all unrepresentative fanboy taste from the
panel.

Realest
25th November 2017, 02:03
Just found this Comment on a german Forum:

Habe auch ne Zusage bekommen. Hier ein paar Infos, die für viele mit Sicherheit interessant sein dürften:

1. Auswahl der TOP 20 Kandidaten Sa, 02.12.
2. Auswahl der TOP 5 Kandidaten, ein Tag im Zeitraum 18.12. bis 20.12.2017
3. ein bis zwei Tage (!) Vorentscheid im Zeitraum 21.2. bis 01.03.2018

Alex1211ander
25th November 2017, 09:08

Which Forum? :)

Realest
25th November 2017, 11:05
Which Forum? :)

It was on Prinzblog.

Stiven
25th November 2017, 12:43
Habe auch ne Zusage bekommen. Hier ein paar Infos, die für viele mit Sicherheit interessant sein dürften:

1. Auswahl der TOP 20 Kandidaten Sa, 02.12.
2. Auswahl der TOP 5 Kandidaten, ein Tag im Zeitraum 18.12. bis 20.12.2017
3. ein bis zwei Tage (!) Vorentscheid im Zeitraum 21.2. bis 01.03.2018
Translation please?

Realest
25th November 2017, 13:01
Translation please?

1. Preselection of the Top20 Candidates 02.12.
2. Selection of the Top5 between 18-20.12
3. 1 or 2 Days NF between 21.2. and 2.3.

kjetil
26th November 2017, 20:13
1 or 2 days NF sounds interesting. I can't wait for more information, I'm really excited!

Realest
26th November 2017, 20:15
This is what i read on another Forum:

There're no real bignames among the 211 candidates, but "a select few that you might have heard from". So basically all unknown.
But depending on the quality of these candidates there might even be 6 or 7 artists in the final.

kjetil
26th November 2017, 21:01
I guess it was obvious that no really big names would apply. And I don't mind. In the end we just need a great song sung by a great singer with a great staging. It doesn't matter if the singer is well known (Cascada) or not (Lena). Anyway, more than 5 participants would be great! The more the merrier (at least until 10 or 12). Many awesome songs to choose from would be perfect of course!

Sammy
27th November 2017, 07:20
1 or 2 days NF sounds interesting. I can't wait for more information, I'm really excited!

That is the time the panel members need to be present. Nothing more.

Alex1211ander
29th November 2017, 20:13
The German Top 20 candidates will be announced on Monday!

Realest
29th November 2017, 20:20
The German Top 20 candidates will be announced on Monday!

Where do you know that?

Alex1211ander
29th November 2017, 20:39
Where do you know that?

Prinzblog :lol:

Sammy
1st December 2017, 10:47
It was only last week that i got the info about not being in the panel! how is it possible to get 100 people together so quickly and sort out the 20 candidates?

Alex1211ander
1st December 2017, 14:56
Sorry, NDR will know the 20 on Monday, the Public will be informed After the participants Confirm their participation

CC92
1st December 2017, 18:09
It was only last week that i got the info about not being in the panel! how is it possible to get 100 people together so quickly and sort out the 20 candidates?

The selected panelists had been informed several days earlier.

Sammy
1st December 2017, 23:37
The selected panelists had been informed several days earlier.

Even with several days earlier, this seems to be a very, very tight schedule to free yourself, spend 2 days wherever the preselection took place and reduce the number down to 20. I'm pretty relived I renounced to be a part of the panel in the last item of the questionnaire.

Realest
15th December 2017, 19:21
Ivy Quainoo, Danyal Demir, Lara Trautmann and Vinh Khuat are among the potential Finalists.

Alex1211ander
16th December 2017, 10:10
The First 4 of 20 according to Prinz Blog

https://youtu.be/6HkrP_-Me2c

https://youtu.be/Nm8LwgNLh-E

https://youtu.be/2jt9vl5gNrY

https://youtu.be/1-eV4k6_e9w

ChrisOL
16th December 2017, 13:00
The best thing is that it won't be a Brainpool production - the show will be produced by Kimmig Entertainment / MBTV. Therefully they will put some more effort into it hopefully :D It felt like they were running out of ideas in the last years...

Realest
16th December 2017, 13:41
This Group is also among the Top20:

xRypWrDccPI

Alex1211ander
16th December 2017, 14:23
No. 6: Zweiland

https://youtu.be/XjGp2dHOQtg

No. 7: Unknown Girlband Trio

Laing have been Part of the Top20 but they are working for their new Album so they refused

ChrisOL
16th December 2017, 14:48
I'm already afraid of Voxxclub... :lol:

Realest
16th December 2017, 15:07
I didnt know them before, but I find they are alright, but imnot sure about their Juryfriendlyness. But even if they fail, at least they are somehow representative for our Country.
But lets see of course if they make it to the Top5 and if we get some better acts.

Sammy
16th December 2017, 23:15
Voxxclub is probably the most interesting german act this year so far...

http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/voxxclub-200626526-54167514/4,c=0,h=720.bild.jpg

Alex1211ander
17th December 2017, 11:42
No. 8: Xavier Darcy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt7Ndt0HSzs

Alex1211ander
17th December 2017, 12:56
No. 9: Boris Alexander Stein (The Voice of Germany 2016, placed 4th)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCgeI84q-dg

Realest
17th December 2017, 13:47
Ive never watched the Voice a single second of my Life. After A. Kümmert and Jamie Lee, I have Prejudices about this show. I want someone with a career xboringxboringxboring

GlamSIMorous
17th December 2017, 15:03
Thats a great bunch so far: Love Ivy Quainoo, but I dont think her voice is the one that would blow judges away really. So surprised to see Lara Loft here, didnt even know she performed at The Voice. Only know her as a Lets Player :D I hope the show, and the songs plus the performances are well made. Thats the only thing I strive for at this point.

kjetil
17th December 2017, 23:57
According to Prinzblog the 10th act in the Top 20 (well, not really 20) is a band with four members and a female lead singer, but they don't want to be named yet. Let the speculations begin!

GlamSIMorous
18th December 2017, 07:52
According to Prinzblog the 10th act in the Top 20 (well, not really 20) is a band with four members and a female lead singer, but they don't want to be named yet. Let the speculations begin!

That could totally be Frida Gold actually. Or Mia, maybe.

Franzilein
18th December 2017, 13:53
What the hell, Lara is in there as well?! I adore her, amazing voice actress and singer! And voXXclub! <3 Lederhosen for ESC! xyes

ChrisOL
20th December 2017, 13:31
He is also part of the Top 20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7d2OZ3H_pM

Realest
21st December 2017, 17:58
http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/deutscher-vorentscheid-am-22-februar-2018-in-berlin/

National Final on 22.02.18 in Berlin.

11/20 possible Contesters (only 5 will make it to the NF):

Boris Alexander Stein
Danyal Demir
Ivy Quainoo
Lara Loft
Laura, Aubrey & Wanja
Ryk
Steal A Taxi
Vinh Khuat
VoXXclub
Xavier Darcy
ZweiLand

GermanBango
21st December 2017, 22:08
Prediction: VoXXclub is going to win the televoting in the NF because "OMG so funny hahahaha. What could possibly go wrong?! Everyone loves Lederhosen, right? Rofl, Lol!!11!".
They won't do all that well with the Euro-panel thing and the international juries and they are therefore going to lose thus causing an uproar in Germany yet again. This leads to NDR just scrapping the NF-format again next year.
Germany - We are the number one when it comes to Eurovision-drama.

The line-up so far feels like another gathering of failed casting-show outcasts .... let's hope that the songs are good at least ...

Yes, I am salty. Duh.

Sammy
21st December 2017, 23:46
Prediction: VoXXclub is going to win the televoting in the NF because "OMG so funny hahahaha. What could possibly go wrong?! Everyone loves Lederhosen, right? Rofl, Lol!!11!".
They won't do all that well with the Euro-panel thing and the international juries and they are therefore going to lose thus causing an uproar in Germany yet again. This leads to NDR just scrapping the NF-format again next year.
Germany - We are the number one when it comes to Eurovision-drama.

The line-up so far feels like another gathering of failed casting-show outcasts .... let's hope that the songs are good at least ...

Yes, I am salty. Duh.

Voxxclub is not LaBrassbanda. Musically they have more appeal to broader audiences. Plus they don't only play the "rural"/Lederhosen-card. I think they could do not so bad and wouldn't probably perceived as a 100% joke entry. But let's wait for the songs

Realest
22nd December 2017, 00:09
I still think we should have 100% TV in the Final. If the Panel and the Int. Jury did their Job well, we'll have a good NF with 5 Songs in the Same League and we wont have Drama if the TV-Winner isnt the overall Winner. 2013 was horrible when several Pseudo-serious Magazines (Focus, Spiegel,Welt im looking at you) claimed that the Jury prevented LBB from winning.

Btw after having watched some YT-Videos from the Top11 I decided to cheer for Voxxclub atm. I like a lot of their Songs and at least they really represent our Country. Im also a bit sick of normal Popsongs, but lets see what the future brings.

ChrisOL
22nd December 2017, 00:32
At the moment I'm totally against Voxxclub and I will point out my thoughts why at a later moment (if they are in the Top 5). All I hope is that we will have rather good songs in general - please no Perfect Life, Perfect Ghost or Black Life ;) I don't want to be last again...

Realest
22nd December 2017, 01:32
2. Selection of the Top5 between 18-20.12

Apparently not.

ChrisOL
22nd December 2017, 01:53
Apparently not.

Why not? They already said that we don't get to know the Top 5 before Christmas, but the Top 5 are already set probably, as they wanted the panel and the jury to vote before Christmas.

Ringdalen
22nd December 2017, 02:20
DaFlo said Italobrothers might show up in Eurovision 2018 xwoo

DaFlo
22nd December 2017, 02:27
DaFlo said Italobrothers might show up in Eurovision 2018 xwoo

Yes secret insider information. Can't reveal more in public, PM me for more info.

Alex1211ander
22nd December 2017, 09:28
Yes secret insider information. Can't reveal more in public, PM me for more info.

Who is your Secret Insider? :lol: I am in the Panel but I cant tell you the other artists because I am not allowed to. But I know them already

ChrisOL
22nd December 2017, 13:02
Italobrothers? I like their music, but his live-singing qualities seem to be very limited... :/

ChrisOL
23rd December 2017, 17:30
New video about the selection of the Top 6 (there will probably be 6 finalists now, as T. Schreiber confirmed):

http://www.eurovision.de/videos/ESC-Vorentscheid-Auswahl-der-Kandidaten-,auswahl102.html

Realest
23rd December 2017, 18:30
Lissabjörn is a Very Funny guy, but im not sure if Anke is right that Ivy has the best chances.

Realest
25th December 2017, 01:28
I have to admit that Voxxclub is really growing on me. I really hope we choose them with a similar Song like "Ziwui" or "Donnawedda" and no Voice-Reject. Also they have at least a career in the opposite to the most other Candidates.

By the way there are Rumours that Labrassbanda is among the Top 17 (not Top20 anymore)-Selection.

Sean
25th December 2017, 13:53

If they're in then I hope it's not another Cascada trainwreck flop, excited to see what they come up with if they're there! xheya

HSV1887
26th December 2017, 18:52
Does anyone here have a Bild+ subscription? Apparently, they already know the 6 artists that have been chosen to compete in our national final this coming February:

http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/unterhaltung/musik/eurovision-song-contest/das-sind-die-esc-vorentscheid-kandidaten-54302148,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

Realest
26th December 2017, 19:31
Does anyone here have a Bild+ subscription? Apparently, they already know the 6 artists that have been chosen to compete in our national final this coming February:

http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/unterhaltung/musik/eurovision-song-contest/das-sind-die-esc-vorentscheid-kandidaten-54302148,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/unterhaltung/musik/eurovision-song-contest/das-sind-die-esc-vorentscheid-kandidaten-54302148,la=de.bild.html

Bild-Pus hat vor wenigen Minuten die Top6 enthüllt: hier der Artikel im Wortlaut:

Sie sollen uns wieder nach vorne singen!

Diese Woche möchte die ARD die sechs Teilnehmer für den deutschen ESC-Vorentscheid „Unser Lied für Lissabon“ am 22. Februar verkünden. Bekannt ist bereits, dass die aktuelle „The Voice“-Gewinnerin Natia Todua (21) antritt.

Die anderen fünf Musiker nennt BILD jetzt exklusiv: Ivy Quainoo (25, erste „The Voice“-Gewinnerin 2012), Michael Schulte (27, 3. Platz bei „The Voice“ 2012), die junge Soul-Rockband Steal a Taxi (mit Sängerin Makeda Michalke, 25), der bisher eher unbekannte Balladensänger Rick Jurthe (28) und die Volksmusik-Boygroup VoXXclub.

Die Kandidaten wurden aus 4000 Bewerbern von einer europäischen Experten-Jury herausgefiltert.

In den Charts war zuletzt nur VoXXclub erfolgreich und auch optisch sind die fünf Jungs in Lederhosen schon mal ein Knalleffekt.

JChan
26th December 2017, 19:50
^I ran the above through Google Translate:

Bild-Pus revealed the Top6 a few minutes ago: here the article in the wording:

They should sing us forward again!

This week, the ARD wants to announce the six participants for the German ESC preliminary vote "Our Song for Lisbon" on 22 February. It is already known that the current "The Voice" winner Natia Todua (21) takes.

The other five musicians BILD now exclusive: Ivy Quainoo (25, first "The Voice" winner 2012), Michael Schulte (27, 3rd place in "The Voice" 2012), the young soul rock band Steal a Taxi (with Singer Makeda Michalke, 25), the previously unknown ballad singer Rick Jurthe (28) and the folk music boy band VoXXclub.

The candidates were filtered out of 4000 applicants by a European expert jury.

In the charts, only VoXXclub was successful recently and visually, the five guys in leather pants ever a bang.

DaFlo
26th December 2017, 19:54
:'''D

Doesn't look promising at all.

ChrisOL
26th December 2017, 20:02
I'm looking forward for Ryk, Michael Schulte and Ivy Quainoo, hope they all get good songs. I don't know how Natia Todua could make it to the Top 6, as she probably didn't attend the workshop.

Realest
26th December 2017, 20:21
Im a bit surprised. In This Interview (http://www.rp-online.de/kultur/musik/eurovision/ard-unterhaltungschef-thomas-schreiber-gegen-esc-ausstieg-aid-1.6823155) Thomas Schreiber said that they wouldnt collaborate with "The Voice" since this Show never brought a Hit except I.Q.s First Album and because of the Flops with Jamie Lee and Andreas Kümmert.

EscGeek
26th December 2017, 20:35
VoXXclub guys are fun xheya
I can't say how far they can go at eurovision, but looking at your recent results, you really don't have anything to lose, so make me happy and pick them8-)

i see the've covered the famous "rock mi" song xlisten2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRzwE95E8dY

here's slovene version if any1's interested:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcqyUbumOOw

tvfan
26th December 2017, 20:35
I'm looking forward for Ryk, Michael Schulte and Ivy Quainoo, hope they all get good songs. I don't know how Natia Todua could make it to the Top 6, as she probably didn't attend the workshop.

Maybe that's why there are 6 finalists and 5 like announced earlier, she's perhaps a kind of wildcard or something like that.

Realest
26th December 2017, 20:39
The Problem is that she has an unfair advantage, since she has the Momentum on her Side. The same Problem was with Jamie Lee who definitely did not have the best song and won only because of this.

ChrisOL
26th December 2017, 20:43
Thomas Schreiber's statement on the article: (as seen on the prinz-blog)
- until now 4 finalists are set and confirmed their participation
- they will publish all of them, as soon as all are confirmed
- not everything in the article is true (so probably at least one wrong name)
- there is no wildcard

Realest
26th December 2017, 23:31
Our Media are starting their Game:
https://www.tz.de/tv/esc-2018-kandidaten-fuer-esc-vorentscheid-in-deutschland-zr-9478923.html

GlamSIMorous
27th December 2017, 00:43
Our Media are starting their Game:
https://www.tz.de/tv/esc-2018-kandidaten-fuer-esc-vorentscheid-in-deutschland-zr-9478923.html

its sad how the media destroys it all. I myself am sad that Lara Loft didnt make the cut, if everything is true so far, but at the end of the day the songs are important. We'll see what the national final brings. I wished they chose 10-12 acts instead of such a low number. But seriously, Ivy had a hit and didnt get any support .. I mean, why the media is hating on all of them so much? -.-

Franzilein
28th December 2017, 00:36
I for one would love to see my favourite redhead participating one day xpray

https://youtu.be/mWQVc9tSbWI

He is still relatively unknown, although he deserves so much more attention, which he could easily gain through Eurovision. He doesn't need other people to write songs for him, as he's an amazing composer himself (imo), got a very pleasant voice - and is incredibly handsome, hrhr. He's probably not the type to stand out with crazy staging or unusual songs and goes more into the "radio-friendly" direction, but I'm pretty sure the whole package wouldn't be as dull as Levina's or unfitting as Jamie-Lee's xthink

Ahahahaha :D If it’s true that Michael is at the Vorentscheid, you may as well bury me, I’m so happy! :D
And sad for Lara, she’s great live and has a very charming presence. Really wonder how she didn't make it through, I actually rate her above Ivy.

AshleyWright
28th December 2017, 01:52
its sad how the media destroys it all. I myself am sad that Lara Loft didnt make the cut, if everything is true so far, but at the end of the day the songs are important. We'll see what the national final brings. I wished they chose 10-12 acts instead of such a low number. But seriously, Ivy had a hit and didnt get any support .. I mean, why the media is hating on all of them so much? -.-

What do you honestly expect in from a country where their recent record is 'LAST-LAST-SECOND LAST BY 1 POINT' ? The media are always the first to judge, and it can be just as brutal here. They're not about to hype Eurovision when i'm fairly sure it is trash in Germany again.

Realest
28th December 2017, 09:33
What do you honestly expect in from a country where their recent record is 'LAST-LAST-SECOND LAST BY 1 POINT' ? The media are always the first to judge, and it can be just as brutal here. They're not about to hype Eurovision when i'm fairly sure it is trash in Germany again.

But this doesnt justify the unobjective B*Sh*t they are writing every year imo.

GlamSIMorous
28th December 2017, 13:07

True, I myself study journalism and media management. I am really ashamed of how they write about it. I mean, is it too difficult to write objectively? I mean, its probably meant to be in a funny way, but I am so bored by the fact that they dont give new people a chance. Its like, Levina couldve made it far with a better song, with better staging. But they try to make it up to success in Germany, thats not relevant if they have a great song to present at Eurovision. I hate the lack of support here,

AshleyWright
28th December 2017, 13:13

No it doesn't justify it at all, but that is just how things go. They feed the opinion of the masses and get reads. It's what they do.

You all really need go desensitize yourself from pointless tabloid trash and carry on. You enjoy yourself and let the other ill-informed morons do their bit.

Grisflappy
28th December 2017, 15:30
Ivy ftw!xlove

Realest
28th December 2017, 20:29
Thomas Schreiber made clear, that he wants to bring Eurovision to Germany 2019.

GermanBango
29th December 2017, 00:18
Thomas Schreiber made clear, that he wants to bring Eurovision to Germany 2019.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/2d4935ac4f3a974a292630693404be69/tenor.gif?itemid=4958026

HSV1887
29th December 2017, 01:25
LOL, it's hilarious to see the national media bitching about the quality of the contestants. Do they not have any self-awareness at all? I mean, I am just as tired of the casting show cast-offs as the next person, but maybe if the stupid media AND fans hadn't torpedoed Xavier Naidoo's candidacy 2 years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess right now. Thanks to that crap, no established German artist wants to touch ESC with a 10-foot pole because they all fear that they could face a similar backlash and they know from past experience that NDR doesn't stand by it's artists. They leave them high and dry instead.

GermanBango
29th December 2017, 01:42
LOL, it's hilarious to see the national media bitching about the quality of the contestants. Do they not have any self-awareness at all? I mean, I am just as tired of the casting show cast-offs as the next person, but maybe if the stupid media AND fans hadn't torpedoed Xavier Naidoo's candidacy 2 years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess right now. Thanks to that crap, no established German artist wants to touch ESC with a 10-foot pole because they all fear that they could face a similar backlash.

Uhm sorry but no. Nominating Xavier Naidoo was one huge mistake by the NDR - that dude should be caged in a mental institution, instead of standing on the Eurovision stage.
Btw I was one of the "stupid fans" who "torpedoed" his candidacy.
That's not important anymore anyway ... the past is in the past, right? Let's see what happens next year. Can't get any worse ... I hope.

Realest
29th December 2017, 01:57
Xavier was the right Choice. Its ridiculous how many german Fans complain how political this Tournament is, but then want to have Xavier out for political Reasons although hes one of our most successful Singers. But in the End the german Fans got what they deserved 7 Months later.

Alex1211ander
29th December 2017, 10:37
We got our Top 6 for the National Final 2018:

No. 1: Xavier Darcy (probably with a French or English song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI9PZqOuj0U

No. 2: Ivy Quainoo (probably with a song similar to Wildfire) - 1st in The Voice of Germany 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPZAkYLkPB0

No. 3: Ryk (I think the chance that "You and I" will be his song is 90%)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7d2OZ3H_pM

No. 4: Voxxclub (Fun-Act)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRypWrDccPI

No. 5: Michael Schulte (3rd in The Voice of Germany 2011)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFbV9BW5kU

No. 6: Natia Todua (1st in The Voice of Germany 2017)

- No Song released yet -

BernadetteCydonia
29th December 2017, 11:22
Out of those I would so far root for Schulte.

Ivy Quainoo is ok enough for Eurovision as well though.

No idea about the rest, and sadly the winner will likely be between those 4 :( but if they deliver something more chocolate than vanilla then I'd be down for it ;)

EscGeek
29th December 2017, 12:33
this is one of those times when i have a favorite before the songs are out xcrazy

Sean
29th December 2017, 12:56
No. 4: Voxxclub (Fun-Act)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRypWrDccPI

For the love of god no, no, no...

Realest
29th December 2017, 13:49
Our 2 Schlager-Queens performed together at the "Helene Fischer-Show":

8lUutJdVFwQ

GermanBango
29th December 2017, 13:59
Let's wait for the songs then ...

Gordon_Shumway
29th December 2017, 14:58
"Voxxclub"? Seriously?
This shows that Mr Schreiber and his companions still have learned nothing from past events.
If this, well, "group" represents the musical capabilities of artists from Germany, then I don't want to be German any more.
And you can be sure that our idiotic televoting audience will push them forward because they are so "different" and "funny".

I have had that glimpse of hope when they announced a new system for the national final, but now it's already gone and we are not even in 2018 yet.

Realest
29th December 2017, 17:12
"Voxxclub"? Seriously?
This shows that Mr Schreiber and his companions still have learned nothing from past events.

If theres something he didnt learn, then to let again middle of the Road Females participate.

If this, well, "group" represents the musical capabilities of artists from Germany, then I don't want to be German any more..

Definitely more than the last Four Participants.

And you can be sure that our idiotic televoting audience will push them forward because they are so "different" and "funny".

Thats why they chose Andreas Kümmert (!!!!) over Laing, Elaiza over MarieMarie or Jamie Lee over Avantasia, because they were different and Funny and definitely No Safe-Choices.

HSV1887
29th December 2017, 17:56
Considering that LaBrassBanda was a huge crowd favourite a few years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if Voxxclub wins. LOL

marty
29th December 2017, 18:17
the artists are by far more interesting than last year. but i expect NDR to ruin everything again by chosing bad songs.

GlamSIMorous
29th December 2017, 19:02
I'll stay a little hopeful that the candidates will choose themselves a great song that fits them. I just dont want NDR to mess it up again, however then again I wished they would so that Schreiber would finally go, I mean, what theyve done is to a level pathetic. Seriously, last years attempt was meant to fail, how can someone like him be considered professional.

I like the finalists, but I hoped for a higher number, like 10 or so, because there were a bunch of great singers that fit the Eurovision family. I cannot wait to see where this goes. I like everyone to an extend. But its all down to their live performances, give them space to perform, give them a say with the songs and give them enough freedom to decide on their own. Levina, Ann-Sophie and Jamie-Lee all seemed so lost in the Eurovision bubble, only being controlled by NDR, maybe thats just my opinion. Not sure.

Sammy
29th December 2017, 20:02
Considering that LaBrassBanda was a huge crowd favourite a few years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if Voxxclub wins. LOL

Don't compare LaBrassBanda to Voxxclub. They have nothing in common but the occasional wearing of leather trousers. La BrassBanda was an overhyped insult to musical taste (At least "Nackert" was)

Mrm
29th December 2017, 23:19
I have a feeling this will be great NF....contestants seem great! :)

Hoping for good entries...

Koori
30th December 2017, 16:53
Having high hopes for Ryk xheat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTrK5HWpAOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtx9r_buxgE

Realest
2nd January 2018, 21:49
They are so fun to watch. I so so want them to represent us:

m8iTHee1ByI

Jasi
3rd January 2018, 00:56
I really really want Voxxclub to represent Germany. I'm really not the person to listen to this genre. But... it's different and to me it totally suits Eurovision.
To be honest I can't stand Schlager at all, but... I would totally support sending it to Eurovision for once. It's absolutely refreshing, quite outstanding, it is not boring! And to me the absolutely worst have always been the songs that are plain boring. I prefer "cheap" fun songs over "Perfect Life" or "Ghost", which just make me fall asleep, by far. We just need attention. You don't have to become a fan of the actual song and put it in your favourite playlist or play it in your car when you come home from work. It's not about quality music. It's about the show. And... is there really a German who aims for winning Eurovision? :lol: Our results have been horrible recently. So what is there to lose? I just beg for a change. Please, I don't want to see another young woman with an average boring song. It's not enough if people find it "decent". The songs need to stay in memory.
And yeah... Eurovision is not supposed to be taken too seriously. It is not purely about quality content, the colorful mess is what makes the most people love Eurovision.
There have to be a handful of "crazy" entries in every edition to keep this Eurovision spirit in my opinion. And why shouldn't Germany be responsible to bring some craziness for once? I would even support sending a troll entry. There really is nothing to lose anymore. It will bring us attention, attention is the key. Even if it's close to rubbish, at least people will remember it (and I don't seek a top 10 result, I just don't want to be forgotten again :lol:)
Fun > Quality. Sorry :)
Also, with this excellent "Schuhplattler"-dance Germany would finally have a meme again :lol:
(if there actually will be a "quality" song that I love a lot, I might change my mind. But I just have been wishing for a joke or fun entry for so many years xjumplol)

Mrm
3rd January 2018, 01:03
That Voxxclub is by far the least promising out of these contestants..without knowing any of the songs, I hope they wont win..but we have to wait a bit..

Realest
3rd January 2018, 08:53
Here you can listen to Voxxclubs new Album from 29.12.
Its Possible that their ESC-Entry comes from there:

http://www.voxxclub.de/

RomanFromRussia
3rd January 2018, 09:02
Voxxclub reminds me of Staysmann & Lazz from MGP 2015, I loved them, but I loved "A monster like me" more :lol:

I'm waiting from Voxxclub something like "En godt steckt pizza" then

EscGeek
3rd January 2018, 11:52
Donnawedda is the best, but maybe it's because i've heard it like 20 times nowxheat
But i really enjoyed song 6 - lass es regnen.. i hope it's not a cover like 500 meilen:p

missbones
4th January 2018, 21:08
I can't believe Michael Schulte is here, I've loved his music for a couple of years now!! Also really curious about Xavier, his style reminds me a little bit of Damien Ricexheartxheart

Franzilein
4th January 2018, 23:04
Donnawedda is the best, but maybe it's because i've heard it like 20 times nowxheat
But i really enjoyed song 6 - lass es regnen.. i hope it's not a cover like 500 meilen:p

Donnawedda also uses a sample of "Zillertaler Hochzeitsmarsch", so that's out of question as well sadly :lol:

EscGeek
4th January 2018, 23:16
Donnawedda also uses a sample of "Zillertaler Hochzeitsmarsch", so that's out of question as well sadly :lol:
thanks for the info

the original song above sucks so bad (or i just hate the genre) and yet Voxxclub made it fun and entertaining! xheya
and that's why i love these guys xparty

Franzilein
4th January 2018, 23:27
thanks for the info

the original song above sucks so bad (or i just hate the genre) and yet Voxxclub made it fun and entertaining! xheya
and that's why i love these guys xparty

Whut, alpine folk music is awesome! xcrazy

But yes, I agree, they're super fun, especially live :lol:

EscGeek
5th January 2018, 00:28
Whut, alpine folk music is awesome! xcrazy
Many people here in slovenia think so too...hence Narodnozabavni rock

But i only like the ones with a techno touch to it like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm2UKQxxslg)(and you can even hear it in german (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etkUh0r-R_4)) :)
bonus track: Raay and Marjetka at the start of their careersxlisten2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q2nuFM_uHI

Gordon_Shumway
5th January 2018, 10:39
I really really want Voxxclub to represent Germany. I'm really not the person to listen to this genre. But... it's different and to me it totally suits Eurovision.
To be honest I can't stand Schlager at all, but... I would totally support sending it to Eurovision for once. It's absolutely refreshing, quite outstanding, it is not boring! And to me the absolutely worst have always been the songs that are plain boring. I prefer "cheap" fun songs over "Perfect Life" or "Ghost", which just make me fall asleep, by far. We just need attention. You don't have to become a fan of the actual song and put it in your favourite playlist or play it in your car when you come home from work. It's not about quality music. It's about the show. And... is there really a German who aims for winning Eurovision? :lol: Our results have been horrible recently. So what is there to lose? I just beg for a change. Please, I don't want to see another young woman with an average boring song. It's not enough if people find it "decent". The songs need to stay in memory.
And yeah... Eurovision is not supposed to be taken too seriously. It is not purely about quality content, the colorful mess is what makes the most people love Eurovision. (...) Fun > Quality.

NO, NO, NO and one more time NO, especially to the parts highlighted with bold letters.
I deeply disagree with your opinion.
This Bavarian subculture consisting of drunk Oktoberfest-visitors wearing leather trousers does NOT represent Germany or German culture. And sending such a party combo to the ESC would be a slap in the face of those many musically talented people that exist in Germany as well. Of course I tolerate your "fun over quality no matter what" attitude, but I hope you respect my point of view as well: I want to hear musical quality, not some party event where the alcohol level of the audience decides about the voting.

Realest
5th January 2018, 11:32
New Comment from Thomas Schreiber:

Liebe Fans und Blogger –

Moderation geben wir Montag oder Dienstag bekannt (Pressemeldung muß noch abgestimmt werden; hat sich krankheits- und ferienbedingt verzögert).
Song Writing Camp findet Mittwoch bis Freitag in Berlin statt. Song Writing findet auch außerhalb und nach dem Camp statt, das Datum, wann die finale Entscheidung über den jeweiligen Song getroffen wird, legen wir derzeit in Abstimmung mit allen Beteiligten fest.
Herzlich
TS
Showablauf kommt später.

Stiven
5th January 2018, 12:06
New Comment from Thomas Schreiber:
Liebe Fans und Blogger –

Moderation geben wir Montag oder Dienstag bekannt (Pressemeldung muß noch abgestimmt werden; hat sich krankheits- und ferienbedingt verzögert).
Song Writing Camp findet Mittwoch bis Freitag in Berlin statt. Song Writing findet auch außerhalb und nach dem Camp statt, das Datum, wann die finale Entscheidung über den jeweiligen Song getroffen wird, legen wir derzeit in Abstimmung mit allen Beteiligten fest.
Herzlich
TS
Showablauf kommt später.
Can Someone translate please.

Realest
5th January 2018, 12:49
Can Someone translate please.

I thought that the german Language is easy to understand even without knowing it :D

It says that the Moderation of our NF will be revealed Monday or Tuesday. Next week Wednesday until Friday the Songwriting Camp for our Finalists will take place.
But the Final Decision which Song will be Sung by which Artist will take place later.

JamieBrown
5th January 2018, 13:31
I thought that the german Language is easy to understand even without knowing it :D

I can relate to this, as I'm speaking English, Dutch, Afrikaans, Swedish and all other scandninavian languages fluently without knowing them. The perks of speaking a germanic language xup

EscGeek
5th January 2018, 14:38
two years in high school with one hour per week is not enough

zwei jahre in *something* schule mit ein stunde *something* woche ist nicht *something*
xrofl3

Franzilein
6th January 2018, 14:07
Many people here in slovenia think so too...hence Narodnozabavni rock

But i only like the ones with a techno touch to it like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm2UKQxxslg)(and you can even hear it in german (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etkUh0r-R_4)) :)
bonus track: Raay and Marjetka at the start of their careersxlisten2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q2nuFM_uHI

Haha, amazing :lol: I actually like that combination, didn't know it was a thing in Slovenia as well!

So are you also invested in Die Woodys? xcrazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP9Wp6QVbsk

EscGeek
6th January 2018, 14:13
I love Die Woodys... Most of songs that became a meme are super-duper mega amazingxheya

la la la la la la la la la la xsing

Jasi
6th January 2018, 20:55
NO, NO, NO and one more time NO, especially to the parts highlighted with bold letters.
I deeply disagree with your opinion.
This Bavarian subculture consisting of drunk Oktoberfest-visitors wearing leather trousers does NOT represent Germany or German culture. And sending such a party combo to the ESC would be a slap in the face of those many musically talented people that exist in Germany as well. Of course I tolerate your "fun over quality no matter what" attitude, but I hope you respect my point of view as well: I want to hear musical quality, not some party event where the alcohol level of the audience decides about the voting.

Of course I respect your opinion!
I also understand that some Germans might feel offended being represented by a group that promotes such stereotypes. I'm German myself, I never went to the Oktoberfest and know no one personally who did. I neither own a Dirndl nor do I even like beer (which, ok, most Germans do I suppose). I've never seen a single person wearing Lederhosen in my whole life. But I expect the modern European to know that 99.5% of us are not like this. And if someone thinks otherwise, well... I don't care :lol:
And I don't have a "fun over quality no matter what"-attitude. Maybe "fun > quality" wasn't the most appropriate way to express my opinion. I also said that if there will be a stunning ballad that excites me like e.g. "A Monster Like Me" or "Quédate Conmigo" did, I would totally support it. Really the only thing I'm asking for is change. Nothing would be worse for me than another woman with another boring song. Do you consider "Perfect Life" and "Black Smoke" as quality? I respect if you do, maybe you want more "safe" songs like these for the next ten years, but personally I couldn't stand a song similar to those. Not a trace of entertainment to me.
I also have quite high hopes for Michael Schulte. If he, or any of the other participants, will show an amazing performance, I would have a new favourite for sure. But another "safe" entry that no one really hates but neither loves... no thanks. Voxxclub would be sooo entertaining to me. A looot of Germans would be ashamed, I think that's safe to say. This happens every year and with Voxxclub it might be even more extreme. But yeah, I'm just stating my personal opinion and I hope for something different, something no one expects. I'd also be down for sending Rammstein (out of question of course) even though I don't like this kind of music in general.

Also it's a fact that many Germans actually enjoy Schlager or Volksmusik. I DON'T. I'm a daughter of a man obsessed with Helene Fischer and I suffer A LOT :lol:. I can't stand this music. But for some reason I wouldn't mind having it at Eurovision for once. I never felt represented in my taste in music by Germany anyway :lol: But at least Voxxclub would be something we haven't had in a decade and I'm sure they would bring a smile to many faces. It's not possible to take everyone's taste in regard anyway.
Quality is great of course, but nothing is worse than boredom. (I also kind of miss Serhat :mrgreen:)

Gordon_Shumway
7th January 2018, 08:18
Jasi
Thanks for your detailed statement. I would also like some change, but I am not willing to pay any price for it. And "Voxxclub" would make things even worse than unsuccessful entries of the previous years, in my opinion.
We could really start solving the core problem by putting much, much more time and effort in finding a good song. Instead we have again a list of singers or "artists" before anyone knows or cares about the songs they could present. And that is what makes me think that the organizers did not learn from the previous national finals.

CC92
7th January 2018, 17:34
Judging the finalists by their previous work, it is very easy to think of VoXXclub as the most promising choice.

Not a music theorist, but if ::se 2001 and ::ch 2008 got accepted there should be nothing to be said against this one either. Except that in case of a victory it'd probably make things worse for them on home soil.

Mrm
7th January 2018, 17:46
CC92

Hi, dear CC!! :)

You remember me? :) :) :)

CC92
7th January 2018, 18:07
CC92

Hi, dear CC!! :)

You remember me? :) :) :)

Of course, I do. Missing the good old esctoday times. :(

Mrm
7th January 2018, 18:36
Of course, I do. Missing the good old esctoday times. :(

:( Yeah, we had a great time there..especially in 2009 when I was in "Prikhodko mood"! hahaha :D :D

But really glad to see you! :)

Franzilein
8th January 2018, 02:22
Not a music theorist, but if ::se 2001 and ::ch 2008 got accepted there should be nothing to be said against this one either. Except that in case of a victory it'd probably make things worse for them on home soil.

"The entering song is also not allowed to be a cover version, and is not allowed to sample another artist's work. All songs must be completely original in terms of songwriting and instrumentation [...]"
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest

I think it's pretty obvious that it wouldn't be allowed at the ESC, basically the whole chorus is sampled :lol: And not even the instrumentation differs that much from the original, it's almost the same genre. Chances are very slim.

Realest
8th January 2018, 13:20
Our Hosts for the NF:

http://www.eurovision.de/zervakiselton100_v-ardgrosswidescreen.jpg

ChrisOL
8th January 2018, 18:16
Tomorrow the songwriters taking part in the songwriting-camp will be revealed. The camp starts this Wednesday.

CC92
8th January 2018, 19:04
"The entering song is also not allowed to be a cover version, and is not allowed to sample another artist's work. All songs must be completely original in terms of songwriting and instrumentation [...]"
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest

I think it's pretty obvious that it wouldn't be allowed at the ESC, basically the whole chorus is sampled :lol: And not even the instrumentation differs that much from the original, it's almost the same genre. Chances are very slim.

The CD booklet lists Florian Jahrstorfer and Martin Semma as composers while there is no mention of a traditional. Their antecedent album, however, features a track that is in full a rehaul of an old folk song – it was denoted accordingly. Furthermore the EBU did not object to Die Priester's NF entry in 2013, a medieval hymn. Generally they have a loose way of dealing with their own rules in order to not alienate someone.

CPV4931
8th January 2018, 19:32
I like the two hosts, Elton might be the funny part and Linda doing the serious part of the show, maybe a bit like Stefan/Anke and Judith in Düsseldorf 2011. So a good mixture imo :-)

PeterLPZ
8th January 2018, 21:55
Thanks, no Barbara again.

Franzilein
9th January 2018, 01:46
The CD booklet lists Florian Jahrstorfer and Martin Semma as composers while there is no mention of a traditional. Their antecedent album, however, features a track that is in full a rehaul of an old folk song – it was denoted accordingly. Furthermore the EBU did not object to Die Priester's NF entry in 2013, a medieval hymn. Generally they have a loose way of dealing with their own rules in order to not alienate someone.

May very well be, I also had to dig quite a bit to find this rule, haha. But it's such a well known song, especially in the alpine region (Bayern Munich even used it as their goal tune once :lol:), I think there would be quite an uproar if "Donnawedda" was allowed. And to be fair, I would love to avoid such discussions, last year we had the "Perfect Life" = "Titanium" debate, 2013 "Glorious" was considered a mix between "Euphoria" and "Don't You Worry Child"... and sampling is even more than just a "similar melody", it is the exact same.

Franzilein
9th January 2018, 02:04
Our Hosts for the NF:

http://www.eurovision.de/zervakiselton100_v-ardgrosswidescreen.jpg

Sorry for double posting, but...

ELTON! xlove

GlamSIMorous
10th January 2018, 16:57
So the songwriter camp just started and NDR has revealed the 15 composers and songwriters. Definitely a nice bunch, but it doesnt matter how many hits and stuff they already wrote, they have to come up with six great ESC Songs or adapt the singers songs to that! Definitely excited to see what that all brings. :lol:

I hate what Schreiber just said: "Ursprünglich ist der ESC ein Komponisten-Wettbewerb - daran knüpfen wir an." - "Originally the ESC is a competition of composers - we'll built on that."

.. yeah you tried that last year and that did succeed didnt it? xfacepalm

tuorem
10th January 2018, 18:09
Personally, I don't really like this idea that there should be a time and a place to write a song with Eurovision in mind because it very often produces nothing out of the ordinary.

Some of the representatives picked do have potential to shine, but like Spain this year, I'm afraid the songs won't live up to their talent and showcase their assets properly.

Indeed, the songwriters will have to work hard because the songs are the base of a Eurovision success. No matter how perfectly one sings, if the entry is blah, it won't go anywhere.

Sammy
10th January 2018, 21:54
One of the songwriters is Paradise Oskar...

tuorem
10th January 2018, 22:16
One of the songwriters is Paradise Oskar...

https://m.popkey.co/5bf7c4/DY57m.gif

Realest
11th January 2018, 14:57
He changed his Style a bit:

http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/files/Song-Writing-Camp-2018-Unser-Lied-fuer-Portugal-Paradise-Oskar-aka-Axel-Ehnstroem.jpg

E: Nohate, but why are there really some people who want her to represent us? :( :( :(

http://blog.prinz.de/grand-prix/files/Song-Writing-Camp-2018-Unser-Lied-fuer-Portugal-Natia-Todua-in-den-Kung-Fu-Studios-Berlin-Kreuzberg-430x645.jpg