Que la mer a pris
Je vivrai cent mille ans
Je m’appelle MercyJe suis née ce matin
Je m’appelle MercyMercy, Mercy, je vais bien merci

Mercy, Mercy, je vais bien merci

Videos:
SF1 Reaction (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUhPwZLeTOw&t=11s)
SF2 Reaction (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jtki_cVblY&t=284s)
Final Reaction (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcCc9JBFYJQ&t=1305s)

CPV4931
11th April 2017, 15:12
Their songs in 2016 and 2017 both belong to my favorites of the year. I hope, France will continue this way in 2018 :-)

12Points
12th April 2017, 15:06
As long as Grassi's in charge, i think we'll get a good pop in 2018

EscGeek
17th April 2017, 10:25
any chance of Black M? xlisten2

toinou03
17th April 2017, 16:12
any chance of Black M? xlisten2

please no, never !

tuorem
17th April 2017, 19:07
Given the current trend France 2 has opted for so far, we'll probably be represented by an utter unknown name or a long-forgotten talent show participant. And I don't mind tbh, what matters is whoever goes to Eurovision must have decent vocals and performance skills.

Song-wise, I somehow hope Grassi won't choose the composers of our two last entries, firstly to give any composer a fair chance of "winning the bid" and secondly for the sake of change so that we don't get into the habit of selecting sequels or what we think is the perfect recipe for success only because it worked once or twice. They should move forward and dare.

ScarlettGirl
17th April 2017, 20:23
No Black M? :(

toinou03
17th April 2017, 21:54
No Black M? :(

his songs are really bad. The lyrics are among the most stupid ever... He's a singer for children actually. After 11 years old, he's seen as tacky...

jimijoop
17th April 2017, 21:58
Send Sasha pls

DaFlo
17th April 2017, 22:48
Soprano tbh

ScarlettGirl
19th April 2017, 12:52
his songs are really bad. The lyrics are among the most stupid ever... He's a singer for children actually. After 11 years old, he's seen as tacky...

I don´t understand french, so I can´t really comment on that :lol: I just think he has catchy songs ;)

BarefootBoogaloo
17th May 2017, 05:13
Since it's a pipe dream for the likes of Kendji Girac and Maître Gims to participate

What about Indila?

https://youtu.be/K5KAc5CoCuk

https://youtu.be/vtNJMAyeP0s

ory26
17th May 2017, 10:58
Indila will never accept.

Peoples here have to understand than more the name is big in France, more the chance to see them refuse to participat in esc is big.

Endemol Shine France have a project for a national finale in 4 parts for next year or years to comes: "mission eurovision" but Edoardo Grassi seem against the idea, because it's already complicate for him to find more than 5 decent act :D

John1
17th May 2017, 11:44
Indila will never accept.

Peoples here have to understand than more the name is big in France, more the chance to see them refuse to participat in esc is big.

Endemol Shine France have a project for a national finale in 4 parts for next year or years to comes: "mission eurovision" but Edoardo Grassi seem against the idea, because it's already complicate for him to find more than 5 decent act :D

http://www.nouveautes-tele.com/59285-mission-eurovision-2018-france-2-recherche-du-candidat-francais.html

I assume you're referring to this press article?

popavapeur
17th May 2017, 11:47
but we just send Indila ! with another face and name

randajad
17th May 2017, 11:52
Just do Un homme debout 2.0

John1
17th May 2017, 13:22
http://www.nouveautes-tele.com/59285-mission-eurovision-2018-france-2-recherche-du-candidat-francais.html

Can we state that France is going to participate next year then?

popavapeur
17th May 2017, 20:11
I was thinking about the so-gay duo : Cassandre

what they're doing right now is kinda cheap but they can create their music and with an extra push from a bigger producer to clean the track and make it more memorable that could work very well. It will help them to take out all the tacky gimmicks they always put and give an actual pop track catchy as hell

Not the best one but it gives you an idea, it sounds like a random track we can hear in French Musicals nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvk6Npwu8-4

Laepo1
20th May 2017, 22:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F31ESEs1wmc

I like this :P

AlekS
21st June 2017, 22:22
France 2 opens song submissions:
http://evenements.francetv.fr/evenements/candidatures-eurovision-2018/_570543

John1
21st June 2017, 22:52
https://eurovoix.com/2017/06/21/france-eurovision-2018-search-begins/

Some of you will be reassured and delighted: The next French entrant will be chosen through a national final.

JonnyWest
21st June 2017, 23:24
France 2 acting like Lisa Angell never existed :lol:

GWTW1939
22nd June 2017, 02:55
I just hope they have songs that can match "J'ai cherché" and "Requiem" and the quality doesn't dip because no artist wants to risk going on a national final xcrossed

Having your name/song quietly leaked as a "potential entry" is a completely different game then actually participating in a national final for everybody to see :oops:

EscGeek
22nd June 2017, 09:19
yaaay for national final! xheya

tuorem
22nd June 2017, 22:27
I just hope they have songs that can match "J'ai cherché" and "Requiem" and the quality doesn't dip because no artist wants to risk going on a national final xcrossed

Having your name/song quietly leaked as a "potential entry" is a completely different game then actually participating in a national final for everybody to see :oops:

Exactly my thoughts and worries. Honestly, I would have liked them to wait for a few more years before organizing something like that; it's only been two years since we started getting good results and I doubt the hype is strong enough for good artists to enter a national competition at the moment. Besides, all our past attempts at making a selection show have sucked monkey balls because it was cheap and there wasn't any worthy song to vote for. We'll probably have 90% of talent show rejects with pretty disposable songs, I wish we could send an actual artist one day.

Let's wait and see, but I'm not thrilled at the moment. A show means live vocals and presentation might be taken into account right from the start, to the detriment of musical merit (given our current music scene, I wouldn't trust French televoters either :lol:).

blue00eyes
22nd June 2017, 22:36
I have high hopes, I believe first NF after a long break may be very good because there are acts that always wanted to go to ESC but never were asked by broadcaster to go and they will all submit songs in one year :)

DanielLuis
23rd June 2017, 16:14
I didn't follow French NF's in the past as I wasn't a close Eurovision fan back in those times, but what people usually say is that French televoters can't be trusted :lol: We'll see how it goes, I hope the best for the French NF!

Stiven
24th June 2017, 13:14
Okay for me the problem isn't the French televoters becuase the last time ::fr had a NF(2014) they made the right decision (also for now no one said that it's going to be 100% televoting), what worries me more is, if France Télévisions can find good wiling candidates with good songs for a NF. Because last time they had a NF the songs were the main problem.

GianlucaTomoe
24th June 2017, 16:59
I hope Joanna Lagrave tries to take part again, she should've won the French NF in 2014!

DanielLuis
24th June 2017, 20:35
Okay for me the problem isn't the French televoters becuase the last time ::fr had a NF(2014) they made the right decision (also for now no one said that it's going to be 100% televoting), what worries me more is, if France Télévisions can find good wiling candidates with good songs for a NF. Because last time they had a NF the songs were the main problem.

2014 can't really serve as a basis for anything though, given how there were only 3 choices anyway (and in a much less advertised show than the new NF will be, I guess). Still, I hope everything will be fine! France 2 is doing a great job with internal selections so I'm hopeful they'll find good entries for the NF, even if the singers are newcomers. I mean, if they don't allow any joke entry in the NF they won't give the option of troll voting to the French public!

ESCKerli
24th June 2017, 20:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiKj0Z_Xnjc

France could do really well with a song like this imo xheya
You have a beautiful language. Continue singing in it!

EuroEccentric
2nd July 2017, 10:54
Unfortunately Stromae doesn't seem to be releasing any new music... I don't count on him being a part of Eurovision next year. Would love to proved wrong though!

DanielLuis
2nd July 2017, 16:32
Stromae is Belgian.

EuroEccentric
3rd July 2017, 01:24
Stromae is Belgian.

I knew that one... but didn't realise that I went off a bit too much in the France thread rather than the Belgium thread XD
Anyways, it's good to be back discussing more Eurovision :)
Looking forward to any updates about France's national final!

ESCKerli
3rd July 2017, 13:25
Stromae is Belgian.

"Even though he was raised as a Belgian, he has stated that he did not always feel that he was from Belgium."
Just messing with you :lol:

I just think considering that this song peaked number 1 in both Belgium and France, that he also could participate for a bigger country like France.

John1
10th September 2017, 17:07
http://www.ouest-france.fr/medias/eurovision/eurovision-garou-pour-les-trois-primes-de-selection-5232396

According to a local French newspaper, this national final will be held through three shows: two semi-finals and one grand final. Does it imply that France 2 got a lot of submissions? I do hope that the French televote won't mess the whole thing up...xcookie

tuorem
10th September 2017, 19:21
http://www.ouest-france.fr/medias/eurovision/eurovision-garou-pour-les-trois-primes-de-selection-5232396

According to a local French newspaper, this national final will be held through three shows: two semi-finals and one grand final. Does it imply that France 2 got a lot of submissions? I do hope that the French televote won't mess the whole thing up...xcookie

They seem so confident... At least fifteen acts will mean more options for us than just three, like in 2014).

Personally, I think it's far too early to have semis and stuff - one show would have been enough for a start. If they think Eurovision has become big after Amir, they just lie to themselves. Although I like the fact they want people to connect more with the contest by selecting their representative, I fear we'll end up picking someone with very little potential given our poor taste at the moment. :? We've had the bad habit of doing that in the past already.

I'm highly sceptical about our brand new NF anyway, I'll wait for the names of the participants and the alleged "jury" before holding my breath (or not).

The additional difficulty for our acts is that live vocals and presentation will matter to some extent I suppose.

PS: The article says people will vote in the final only... what's the point of organising semis then? :lol: They could do a show with the preselected songs. By the way, it'll be Melfest 2.0 with a European jury in the final... I can smell a bland winning entry from here.

John1
10th September 2017, 20:14
They seem so confident... At least fifteen acts will mean more options for us than just three, like in 2014).

Personally, I think it's far too early to have semis and stuff - one show would have been enough for a start. If they think Eurovision has become big after Amir, they just lie to themselves. Although I like the fact they want people to connect more with the contest by selecting their representative, I fear we'll end up picking someone with very little potential given our poor taste at the moment. :? We've had the bad habit of doing that in the past already.

I'm highly sceptical about our brand new NF anyway, I'll wait for the names of the participants and the alleged "jury" before holding my breath (or not).

The additional difficulty for our acts is that live vocals and presentation will matter to some extent I suppose.

PS: The article says people will vote in the final only... what's the point of organising semis then? :lol: They could do a show with the preselected songs. By the way, it'll be Melfest 2.0 with a European jury in the final... I can smell a bland winning entry from here.

There's no way to worry, as France TV didn't even confirm that this selection process would be organised like the way which has been evoked by Ouest-France. To my mind, I do agree with you on the fact that -first of all- they should host only one show instead of three.
On the other hand, I do reckon that it might be some rumours which are being reported by this local newspaper, don't get anxious about that! :)

By the way, either Wiktoria or Nano or Jon Henrik should've won the whole thing instead of this vaunting artist. The whole show has been broken down by the European jury for sure!

GWTW1939
12th September 2017, 00:57
Judging from the national final they seem to be planning, and their past history, one would have thought France won last year and Paris will be hosting in 2018. Their going from 0 to 10 just like that :lol:

They did so well the last two years picking and packaging the entries. All they need to do is make a few adjustments here and there to take it to the next level, nothing major required. It sounds like from the current developments their getting too confident too fast. I mean they had a top 10 and a top 15 (a HUGE improvement after years in the bottom 5) but have still yet to really challenge for a top 5 or win. :oops:

I really think they should have just continued the method of the last two years and get more consistency results wise before getting so ambitious with the national final their supposedly planning. It can backfire and go down the drain in a heartbeat. I mean look at Germany! A win and two top 10s all in a row, and now they can barely escape 0 points! :o

As for a jury I hope its not Bjorkman influenced in any shape or form (too much to ask for I suppose). The last two French entries were so much better the Sweden's they don't need him xsnooty

NickWilde
3rd October 2017, 22:23
It's true that France don't shine a lot when it's national selection especially in 2007 and 2014.
But, since we have Edoardo Grassi, the recent French Head of Delegation, i'm confident. He takes really Eurovision seriously and so much the better. The hardest, it's improve in image. It's understable when we did the bottom 5 between 2012-2015.

I'm sure he takes great songs and not "troll" songs. Plus, european juries can vote, it avoid to send a bad song

DanielLuis
3rd October 2017, 23:17
It's true that France don't shine a lot when it's national selection especially in 2007 and 2014.
But, since we have Edoardo Grassi, the recent French Head of Delegation, i'm confident. He takes really Eurovision seriously and so much the better. The hardest, it's improve in image. It's understable when we did the bottom 5 between 2012-2015.

I'm sure he takes great songs and not "troll" songs. Plus, european juries can vote, it avoid to send a bad song

Well all they have to do to avoid a troll entry is not allow troll entries on the NF :lol:
Hopefully the song quality will be similar to or even better than what you guys offered us in the past 2 years!

NickWilde
5th October 2017, 11:54
https://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/119373efr.png

According to Eurovision-fr.net, we'll know one of candidate for the French selection.

EDIT : After Nony (Ex-Tribal King) and Jeremy Montana, the 3rd French candidate is Volcavision

https://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/248647volcavision.jpg

Sorry if the pic is too (idk how to edit the size)

ory26
11th October 2017, 16:34
Some confirmations by France 2 this morning : translation by tvfan from escforum

- The NF will be called "Destination Eurovision" and will be hosted by Garou.
- France 2 had approched all the record companies and also famous singers to participate in the NF (in addition of the submissions call)
- The French jury will be composed of artists (singers, composers...). Confirmation about the use of international jury during the show also.
- The finalists will have to propose a staging similar to that they will present to the Eurovision.
- Around 15 candidats (most probably 16) will participate during several shows.
- Participation of non-French artists is not excluded at the moment.
- The choice of the finalists will be made by France 2, ITV Studios France (producer of the show) and the French Eurovision delegation.
- Garou expects French viewers to be open-minded about musical styles.
- If the winning song is 100 % French, English lyrics won't be added to the song.

Sammy
11th October 2017, 18:08
Some confirmations by France 2 this morning : translation by tvfan from escforum

- France 2 had approched all the record companies and also famous singers to participate in the NF (in addition of the submissions call)
- The French jury will be composed of artists (singers, composers...). Confirmation about the use of international jury during the show also.
- The finalists will have to propose a staging similar to that they will present to the Eurovision.
- The choice of the finalists will be made by France 2, ITV Studios France (producer of the show) and the French Eurovision delegation.
- If the winning song is 100 % French, English lyrics won't be added to the song.
xupxup

NickWilde
11th October 2017, 20:05

Merci ! For your post. I'm happy that there aren't revamp like Requiem :). It might costs jury rank

John1
12th October 2017, 20:13
https://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/119373efr.png

According to Eurovision-fr.net, we'll know one of candidate for the French selection.

EDIT : After Nony (Ex-Tribal King) and Jeremy Montana, the 3rd French candidate is Volcavision

https://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/248647volcavision.jpg

Sorry if the pic is too (idk how to edit the size)

Let's hope that none of these three artists will represent France. :?

NickWilde
12th October 2017, 23:20
John1 Anyway Nony is such a pretentious. He's doing too much advert about him. Like if he thinks to won easily. For information, he participates in a French reality show "Secret Story" (it's French Big Brother). Known also as Tribal King and "Façon S**"

https://youtu.be/VMmjXN_GoAQ

Sorry if it's in French, to summarize : he confirms there are 30 candidates for the selection and he sents not one song, but many to have a lot of chance to be selected. And sounds like the case

John1
13th October 2017, 07:48
John1 Anyway Nony is such a pretentious. He's doing too much advert about him. Like if he thinks to won easily. For information, he participates in a French reality show "Secret Story" (it's French Big Brother). Known also as Tribal King and "Façon S**"

https://youtu.be/VMmjXN_GoAQ

Sorry if it's in French, to summarize : he confirms there are 30 candidates for the selection and he sents not one song, but many to have a lot of chance to be selected. And sounds like the case

His entry sounds not as promising as he seems to tell us.

NickWilde
17th October 2017, 13:03
Nony have release his song for Eurovision "Que Toi", by the way he can realease his ESC now ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9GttWSL2gQ

For his song, he can't go further. Sounds like a love song from 2000's like his Tribal King time. Even if media talked a lot about Jeremy Montana, Nony and Volcavision. I prefer none of 3. Maybe a song like "Puis danse" by Eugenie could work

NickWilde
3rd December 2017, 13:54
I love this teaser <3 8)
I love the design except gold color, it sounds Christmas or New Year

https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/771989destinationeurovision.png

ory26
11th December 2017, 10:35
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQwWatqUQAAhIEV.jpg:large

Internatinal jury for the final are the head of delegation, of

Bulgaria / Armenia (but talk about Iveta Mukuchyan)/ Switzerland / Russia / Israel / Finland / Iceland / Sweden / Belarus and Italy

tuorem
11th December 2017, 11:14
Apparently, the jury who will get to select the entries in the semis is composed of six people:
-Amir (our 2016 representative)
-Isabelle Boulay (famous French-Canadian singer)
-Christophe Willem (a French singer who won a talent show more than a decade ago and managed to build an interesting career afterwards)
-Nicola Cagliore (head of delegation from Italy)
-Olga Salamakha (head of delegation from Belarus)
-Christer Björkman (no presentation needed).

I guess having Amir, Isabelle and Christophe is a good thing because they have different artistic profiles and most likely have different musical tastes.

It is said famous songwriters like Zazie or Maitre Gims have submitted songs. Wait and see.

Source: Eurovisionf2 twitter

ory26
11th December 2017, 11:17
Now i can't wait for the 18 songs !!!

A-lister
11th December 2017, 14:33
Zazie!? If it's the Zazie I think about then it's looking promising!!!

esc87fan
11th December 2017, 16:09
Amir is a good presence on the jury, he's had the Eurovision experience so he would know what he's looking for in a candidate for Lisbon

DaFlo
11th December 2017, 19:02
Woah King Gims xheat Looking forward to this NF

Sammy
11th December 2017, 21:21
I have very high expectations for this! Probably one of the NF i'm most looking forward to!

Geborgenheit
16th December 2017, 17:27
It is said famous songwriters like Zazie or Maitre Gims have submitted songs. Wait and see.

I hope their songs won't be mediocre songs just voted by public because of their popularity.

AdilHassani
16th December 2017, 19:57
France 2 really wants to win or a good result well done but we must listen the songs

SwissKung
26th December 2017, 13:52
https://twitter.com/Mister12points/status/945632613175365632

First semi-final of Destination Eurovision on Jannuary 13.

tvfan
26th December 2017, 13:54
The first semi-final will be broadcast on the 13th of January at 20:55 CET.

The second semi-final and the final will be probably broadcast of the 20th and the 27th but it's not officially confirmed yet.

DaFlo
26th December 2017, 19:56
Cannot wait for this #amhype When will we get the songs of semi 1?

John1
28th December 2017, 17:46
https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/946413606798848005

Some tease about the competing songs. Furthermore, all of the French entries will be revealed step by step in the following days.

JonnyWest
28th December 2017, 17:50
This is going to be one of the best if not the best NF of the year I bet, I'm really excited to hear the songs xcheer

tvfan
29th December 2017, 14:00
First confirmed act for the French NF is Malo with Ciao : https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/946697821993889793

It seems that one act will be confirmed per day.

toinou03
29th December 2017, 15:44
He's a good act ! His debut song :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8xerL7b4tI

toinou03
29th December 2017, 15:49
Apparently most of the candidates come from The Voice, and for RainyWoods possibly Luc Arbogast...

esc87fan
29th December 2017, 16:07
Apparently most of the candidates come from The Voice, and for RainyWoods possibly Luc Arbogast...

And Lisandro Cuxi, the most recent winner. He succeeded Amir as the winner of the NRJ Music Award for Francophone Breakthrough of the Year

Nicholas123
29th December 2017, 16:08

xcheer xcheer

toinou03
29th December 2017, 16:13
And Lisandro Cuxi, the most recent winner. He succeeded Amir as the winner of the NRJ Music Award for Francophone Breakthrough of the Year

And might win... Meeh... :( For people who doesn't know him yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCpfzC1WfYI

JonnyWest
29th December 2017, 16:26
^ Lisandro Cuxi is half portuguese :D

julien4ESC
29th December 2017, 23:56
I was wondering why the last winner of the voice (Lisandro Cuxi) would participate in preselection for France while he has some succes here an he is young but actually I understood why: he is portugese, born in Lisboa and came to France when he was 9 years old.

So it is quite a logical choice to participate. I hope his song is good.

John1
30th December 2017, 01:01

I wish it remained only rumours. These names come from a list published on Twitter, even though nothing has been confirmed so far apart from Malo.

Sean
30th December 2017, 11:02
Lisa The Girl is the second act, seems an interesting one. Excited for this selection

Sean
30th December 2017, 11:05
I'd love to see either of these acts though xheart

https://youtu.be/NThOdQNXt1c

https://youtu.be/ILP3KAVfKLs

esc87fan
30th December 2017, 15:39
Lisa The Girl is the second act, seems an interesting one. Excited for this selection

I believe it's June The Girl, not Lisa

John1
30th December 2017, 18:30
Two promising spinnets so far.

toinou03
30th December 2017, 21:58
Line-up :

1. Malo - Ciao
2. June - Same

tvfan
31st December 2017, 12:18
Third contestant : Louka with "Mamma Mia" : https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/947377289397919744

John1
31st December 2017, 12:33
The best one so far.

toinou03
31st December 2017, 14:42
Line-up :

1. Malo - Ciao
2. June - Same
3. Louka - Mamma mia (composers : Vitaa / Maître Gims)

Sammy
31st December 2017, 14:55
OMG! France is going to give us the best NF this year!

John1
31st December 2017, 15:58
OMG! France is going to give us the best NF this year!

Truly hoping that you're right about this. xheat

esc87fan
31st December 2017, 16:50
We have another one - it's Igit! He competed in Amir's season of "The Voice" in 2014 on Garou's team and made it all the way to the semifinals. His song will be called "Lisboa Jérusalem"
https://www.facebook.com/EurovisionFrance2/videos/1837924643165407/

John1
31st December 2017, 18:13
We have another one - it's Igit! He competed in Amir's season of "The Voice" in 2014 on Garou's team and made it all the way to the semifinals. His song will be called "Lisboa Jérusalem"
https://www.facebook.com/EurovisionFrance2/videos/1837924643165407/

The first one that does appear as dull.

aef
31st December 2017, 18:17
It feels like this will be my favourite NF this season! Well done so far, ::fr!! xup

lavieenrose
1st January 2018, 00:58
https://imgur.com/2St1p1b.gif

popavapeur
1st January 2018, 15:33
June The Girl seems to be the best choice for me so far (and the worst is Louka, production is very cheap but I saw it was maître gims behind so that makes sense)

toinou03
1st January 2018, 16:01
Line-up :

1. Malo - Ciao
2. June - Same (Idol)
3. Louka - Mamma mia (composers : Vitaa / Maître Gims/Renaud Rebillaud/Louka)
4. Igit - Lisboa, Jérusalem (The Voice)
5. Emma Liyana - O.K. ou K.O. (The Voice / Composers : Zazie xbow /Jean-Pierre Pilot/Olivier Schulteis/William Rousseau)

tvfan
1st January 2018, 16:08
The two snippets of the day :
Madame Monsieur with Mercy : https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/947845880291274756
Emma Liyana with OK ou KO : https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/947739679134121989

SwissKung
1st January 2018, 16:19
OMG the snippet for Madame Monsieur is brilliant xheat I also really like what I'm hearing from Emmy Liyana.

I can't believe France is going to have the best national final, what a fantastic selection.

RomanFromRussia
1st January 2018, 17:23
Emma xfaint

This thing I am about to follow tbh xheart

EscGeek
1st January 2018, 19:39
I really like Madame Monsieur's snippet:D

John1
1st January 2018, 19:41
The most promising acts among the announced artists so far are June the Girl, Madame Monsieur and Emmy Liyana. xheat

Sammy
1st January 2018, 19:46
I really like Madame Monsieur's snippet:D

Me too!

theCONWEL
1st January 2018, 20:15
Oh wow this lineup is shaping up to be a very good one!! I'm so looking forward to the NF xcheer

toinou03
1st January 2018, 21:28
Line-up :

1. Malo - Ciao
2. June - Same (Idol)
5. Emma Liyana - O.K. ou K.O. (The Voice / Composers : Zazie xbow /Jean-Pierre Pilot/Olivier Schulteis/William Rousseau)
6. Madame Monsieur - Mercy

SwissKung
2nd January 2018, 16:09
2 new artists revealed today

Sweem with Là-Haut https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/948107605905420288

Noée with L'un près de l'autre https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/948208788703547392

popavapeur
2nd January 2018, 17:44
I'm afraid of something : having a bunch of good songs but nothing outstanding nor winning material. 85% of these snippets seems to be radio friendly tunes like.. yeah I like it, it's nice but that's it. I remember when I was listening to the melfest's snippets saying "OMG winning potential" "Solid act" althought I didn't see anything of the act itself (with a lot of "very bad song" on the other hand). Maybe the fact that very good songs and very bad songs in the melfest makes the good ones shine brighter, while all the goods songs in Destination Eurovision makes them compete for the same shining spot ? Just wondering.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, this sounds promising still a little bit light. So I'm very curious to see how this turns out live.

EXECHope
2nd January 2018, 19:04
I'm afraid of something : having a bunch of good songs but nothing outstanding nor winning material. 85% of these snippets seems to be radio friendly tunes like.. yeah I like it, it's nice but that's it. I remember when I was listening to the melfest's snippets saying "OMG winning potential" "Solid act" althought I didn't see anything of the act itself (with a lot of "very bad song" on the other hand). Maybe the fact that very good songs and very bad songs in the melfest makes the good ones shine brighter, while all the goods songs in Destination Eurovision makes them compete for the same shining spot ? Just wondering.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, this sounds promising still a little bit light. So I'm very curious to see how this turns out live.

I think you're not wrong but it's too early to judge the songs.

toinou03
2nd January 2018, 19:56
Line-up :

1. Malo - Ciao
2. June - Same (Idol)
7. Sweem - Là-haut (Up there/ The Voice)
8. Noée - L'un près de l'autre (One close to the other/ Idol)

John1
2nd January 2018, 20:00

The point is that we're yet to see every song from this national final. Moreover, I do think that making such a comparison between the MF and Destination Eurovision is pointless. I mean, a lot of songs in the MF are being composed in order to appeal to casual viewers of the Eurovision.

Hence the featured entries so far are all great. The purpose of this selection process is to pick out the best entries among the 1500 submitted ones. It'll be very hard to make a choice, even though Malo's song is beyond horrendous.

Sammy
2nd January 2018, 20:07
I can't wait to hear all the songs in full length. xheart

John1
2nd January 2018, 20:21
I can't wait to hear all the songs in full length. xheart

7 songs out of 8 sound utterly promising, that's why I'm actually waiting for their full release in order to start giving them some... marks? :lol: I could even begin to be keen on Malo's song, so who knows? :lol:

popavapeur
2nd January 2018, 21:22
Moreover, I do think that making such a comparison between the MF and Destination Eurovision is pointless. I mean, a lot of songs in the MF are being composed in order to appeal to casual viewers of the Eurovision.

Every opinion matters ;-) I made a comparison with the NF that gave us 2 winners in less than 5years (which seems relevant to me) and another NF. I don't see the problem to have songs composed in order to appeal the casual viewers of Eurovision, or for short : a song composed to win. It's still a contest, even Portugal 2017 came from a contest before ESC, this was not sent for the pure sake of music.

Pas la peine d'être défensif dès qu'on émet un avis un poil critique. C'est bien aussi de ne pas dire amen à tout ce qu'on nous propose et je suis loin de dire que c'est de la merde.
(tl;dr : don't be defensive when someone ask relevant questions)

Mrm
3rd January 2018, 00:49
based on samples, this can be the best NF ever..it all depends how good they are all live..

The most promising fr me is Emmy Liyana.. :)

tsegaye
3rd January 2018, 09:14
I don't care that it's too contemporary, Mamma Mia feels like an obvious top 10 song in Eurovision if not more to mexcheer

Kaz
3rd January 2018, 09:45
I am LOVING this NF. France is honestly proving itself to be a real contender lately, like Belgium and Bulgaria. So excited for this Eurovision season.

John1
3rd January 2018, 11:53
Every opinion matters ;-) I made a comparison with the NF that gave us 2 winners in less than 5years (which seems relevant to me) and another NF. I don't see the problem to have songs composed in order to appeal the casual viewers of Eurovision, or for short : a song composed to win. It's still a contest, even Portugal 2017 came from a contest before ESC, this was not sent for the pure sake of music.

Pas la peine d'être défensif dès qu'on émet un avis un poil critique. C'est bien aussi de ne pas dire amen à tout ce qu'on nous propose et je suis loin de dire que c'est de la merde.
(tl;dr : don't be defensive when someone ask relevant questions)

Amar Pelos Dois was sent for the sake of music as this was stated by Salvador himself. ;)
Nonetheless, I'm not criticising anyone but MF isn't obviously the beacon of awesomeness when it comes to their entries. Don't forget that most of Swedish entries are always supported by some countries, whatever country it is. In contrast to France, Sweden is always ensured to make it to the top 10 every year.

tuorem
3rd January 2018, 13:31
based on samples, this can be the best NF ever..it all depends how good they are all live..

That's the point! I mean things can (and will) change with the live performances.

I hope this NF will finally give us a representative with steady vocals and better stage presence than Amir and Alma.

Also, the visual dimension might be important. I wonder if all acts will have their own staging, or if it's an element only the winner will have to deal with. xthink

John1
3rd January 2018, 14:04
That's the point! I mean things can (and will) change with the live performances.

I hope this NF will finally give us a representative with steady vocals and better stage presence than Amir and Alma.

Also, the visual dimension might be important. I wonder if all acts will have their own staging, or if it's an element only the winner will have to deal with. xthink

Oh please... He stood out much more than Alma to be honest.

DanielLuis
3rd January 2018, 15:37
France's NF this year sounds really really promising. I wouldn't be shocked to see France winning in Lisbon. Can't wait to see the show next week!

esc87fan
3rd January 2018, 15:58
Half the field is now complete, the ninth act that was just announced is R&B-soul group Pheno Men and their song is called "Jamais sans toi"
http://wiwibloggs.com/2018/01/03/pheno-men-confirmed-destination-eurovision/206539/

RainyWoods
3rd January 2018, 16:02
I like how France seems to really be making an effort these past few years. From the songs presented so far, I think June The Girl's one interests me most, strangely enough. I like how bold the synths are in the chorus. I think that's a pop song I could get behind. I might enjoy Pheno Men too. They're groovy. With the others i'll need to hear more ("Ciao" leaves me with conflicting feelings), but this selection already feels better than the past two UK national finals combined.

John1
3rd January 2018, 16:18
Lucie's song "My World" is f****ing awesome, she's gonna win the whole thing for sure.

popavapeur
3rd January 2018, 16:31
the best one so far (based of the snippets ofc)

John1
3rd January 2018, 16:35
the best one so far (based of the snippets ofc)

I was expecting this kind of release: from worst to best ones.

SwissKung
3rd January 2018, 16:43
Lucie song is very generic, I'm not a fan. Hopefully the verses and bridge of the song will be more interesting but I'm doubtful. :?

Charly
3rd January 2018, 17:21
France gotta be really promising this year based on the snippets but lets see how strong is the other half first xcheer

tuorem
3rd January 2018, 17:34
Oh please... He stood out much more than Alma to be honest.

Yet he still lacked charisma and his vocals weren't the best, even though it did the job (kind of).

This year, I'd like the total package: the song + the vocals + the attitude + hopefully a nice staging.

John1
3rd January 2018, 17:51
Yet he still lacked charisma and his vocals weren't the best, even though it did the job (kind of).

This year, I'd like the total package: the song + the vocals + the attitude + hopefully a nice staging.

Some strong contenders have already been announced. ;)

tuorem
3rd January 2018, 17:59
Some strong contenders have already been announced. ;)

Well, I hope they'll remain strong the whole time! Hence why I'm looking forward to the shows!
Now that there is no internal selection anymore, not only the song will be taken into account, but also how it translates on stage... and that will help us improve our results I guess. :)

John1
3rd January 2018, 18:00
Well, I hope they'll remain strong the whole time! Hence why I'm looking forward to the shows!
Now that there is no internal selection anymore, not only the song will be taken into account, but also how it translates on stage... and that will help us improve our results I guess. :)

Given the whole efforts which are being put in this national final make me much more impatient to find out who will be our next entrant... ;)

tuorem
3rd January 2018, 18:03
Given the whole efforts which are being put in this national final make me much more impatient to find out who will be our next entrant... ;)

Let's pray for the voting results then xpray Hopefully, they won't be too weird or disappointing.

John1
3rd January 2018, 18:08
Let's pray for the voting results then xpray Hopefully, they won't be too weird or disappointing.

Let's see whether Lisandro is winning it or not. I do personally hope that he won't.

tuorem
3rd January 2018, 18:15
Let's see whether Lisandro is winning it or not. I do personally hope that he won't.

I haven't listened to the snippets yet (probably won't until the shows start), but I don't see what kind of televoting advantage he could possibly have... He won The Voice but his debut album flopped hard, so... If the song is along the lines of his released material, I doubt he'll be more of a threat than anyone else.

Anyway, we also have juries in to even things out; 100% televoting is imo too frightening for now, we have yet to see how people react to the selection format.

Sammy
3rd January 2018, 22:45
Lucie Vagenheim - My world.
Also a title that caught me instantly. But I suppose they will only have the chorus in english? Or....? No! Not in France!

John1
3rd January 2018, 23:05
I haven't listened to the snippets yet (probably won't until the shows start), but I don't see what kind of televoting advantage he could possibly have... He won The Voice but his debut album flopped hard, so... If the song is along the lines of his released material, I doubt he'll be more of a threat than anyone else.

Anyway, we also have juries in to even things out; 100% televoting is imo too frightening for now, we have yet to see how people react to the selection format.

He didn't deserve to win The Voice to be honest though, then I can't bear his kind of attitude towards people anyway... :?

Lucie Vagenheim - My world.
Also a title that caught me instantly. But I suppose they will only have the chorus in english? Or....? No! Not in France!

The chorus only is being sung in French. The remaining parts are performed in French. ;)

toinou03
3rd January 2018, 23:27
Line-up :

1. Malo - Ciao
2. June - Same (Idol)
9. Pheno-Men - Jamais sans toi (Never without you)
10. Lucie - My world (The Voice)

Mrm
3rd January 2018, 23:39
Where and when will be the NF? :)

DanielLuis
4th January 2018, 00:50
Where and when will be the NF? :)

First semi final will take place on January 13th. It's not been oficially confirmed, but the second semi final will probably be on the 20th and the final on the 27th.

nekoisneko
4th January 2018, 03:47
Mercy is still the best so far (for me)! xbow xbow

this NF is just fantastic and really shows French music scenes! xup

EXECHope
4th January 2018, 04:28
Oh my god... Right now, I'm really scared. I hope it will not be too much for us for a first time. But it clearly looks promising.

tvfan
4th January 2018, 12:41
First semi final will take place on January 13th. It's not been oficially confirmed, but the second semi final will probably be on the 20th and the final on the 27th.

The second semi-final date is officially confirmed too (since Tuesday).

The first extract of the day is Enéa with I'll Be There : https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/948827858146811904

tvfan
4th January 2018, 16:18
And the second is just a confirmation since it's Sarah Caillibot with "Tu me manques" : https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/948933049927876608

yulara
4th January 2018, 17:37
so far, no astonishing song for me but can't wait to see the NF for real !

John1
4th January 2018, 18:53
Sarah Caillibot's song is dreadful. :?

popavapeur
4th January 2018, 19:18
screams bottom for me but hey everything could happen and the full song is maybe a huge hit.

John1
4th January 2018, 20:02
screams bottom for me but hey everything could happen and the full song is maybe a huge hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9IO24eTIpE

The full-length song is even too boring.

Mrm
4th January 2018, 23:46
Why dreadful? :?

I really like it! :)

John1
5th January 2018, 00:31
Why dreadful? :?

I really like it! :)

After having listened to it several times, I've got to say that I pretty like it...

tvfan
5th January 2018, 11:04
Next artist : Masoe with Paradis : https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/949189745883492352

esc87fan
5th January 2018, 15:36
I have to say the French team is dong a fantastic job so far as the candidates are revealed, they certainly are aiming for a great finish in Lisbon. I've listened to many of the snippets and I am very impressed, I'd have to listen to them again so I can share with you guys which ones I thought stood out

VasilijeM
5th January 2018, 17:53
I'd love to see France win.

esc87fan
5th January 2018, 19:11
Big news for international fans: TV5Monde will air Destination Eurovision on their channel worldwide. TV5 Québec will air it in Canada, the first time that channel has ever aired a Eurovision selection show (it aired the contest on delay between 1999 and 2003)

https://eurovoix.com/2018/01/05/france-tv5monde-broadcast-destination-eurovision-internationally/

Schlagerman1
5th January 2018, 19:29
I must admit I was actually pretty worried when France was planning a selection, since over ten years ago, it was pretty dreadful...but it seems they are doing most things right this time. The presentation of the artists are made great and it feels very well thought. Listening to most snippets so far and it does sound extremly promising. It feels that all songs reflect the modern french society in all it's colours, which makes the NF even more interesting. If the songs work in Eurovision, well that depends on the performance I guess. I will for sure try to watch this NF this month, feeling that this might be a nice new addition to the typical NF-season. :mrgreen:

JonnyWest
5th January 2018, 19:35
Yes! I'm gonna be able to watch it on TV xheya

EscGeek
5th January 2018, 20:45
yes! finally a subscription for channels i never watch will pay off xyes :lol:

toinou03
5th January 2018, 23:49
Line-up :

1. Malo - Ciao
2. June - Same (Idol)
11. Enea - I'll be there
12. Sarah Caillibot - Tu me manques (I miss you /The Voice)
13. Masoe - Paradise (Composer : Dany Synthé, producer of Maitre Gims and others)
14. Max Cinnamon - Ailleurs (Somewhere else)
15. Nassi - Rêve de gamin (Childhood dream / Has written songs for Kendji, Sorpano and Claudio Capéo)

Sammy
6th January 2018, 07:40
I really like Max Cinnamon's song. (as far as the snippet goes)

EscGeek
6th January 2018, 10:16
Madame Monsieur won my heart already. They make just the kind of music i'm a fan of

I probably can't expect rap in "mercy" but her voice is so relaxing i'll forgive it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh95XMJ3gO4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USExFNJj6FI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF1kolgR1v8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei4HrjGFiY4
xcookie

toinou03
6th January 2018, 10:51
Line-up so far :

1. Malo - Ciao
2. June - Same (Idol)
11. Enea - I'll be there
13. Masoe - Paradise (Composer : Dany Synthé, producer of Maitre Gims and others)
15. Nassi - Rêve de gamin (Childhood dream / Has written songs for Kendji, Sorpano and Claudio Capéo)

RomanFromRussia
6th January 2018, 11:26
Nassi sounds like something ESC needs for a long time.
#teamNassi

John1
6th January 2018, 12:36
Nassi is so great omg... I can't wait to hear it on the 13th January.

tsegaye
6th January 2018, 13:28
Wow Reve de Gamin is a banger... Imagine hearing the chorus in a fully packed golden circle at the esc-final!! Hope he doesn't have a stupid rap break or something :lol:

JonnyWest
6th January 2018, 14:06
Omg this NF... I can't even! The quality of the songs is even better than I expected, so many favorites already and we still have to wait for the final 3 acts xbow

John1
6th January 2018, 14:16
Omg this NF... I can't even! The quality of the songs is even better than I expected, so many favorites already and we still have to wait for the final 3 acts xbow

Hype is already rising... :lol:

DaFlo
6th January 2018, 15:52
Nassi King. Also really like Masoe.

Now waiting for this Lisandro guy.

esc87fan
6th January 2018, 16:17
Artist #16 is a 17-year-old named Jane Constance, a former participant of "The Voice Kids"
https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/949657826086940674

tvfan
6th January 2018, 16:20
Next artist : Jane Constance with Un jour j'ai rêvé : https://twitter.com/EurovisionF2/status/949657826086940674

John1
6th January 2018, 19:25
Nassi King. Also really like Masoe.

Now waiting for this Lisandro guy.

Hoping genuinely that Lisandro isn't taking part at this NF.

DaFlo
6th January 2018, 19:53
Hoping genuinely that Lisandro isn't taking part at this NF.

Well that rumour list seemed pretty accurate so far I think (?) so I'm expecting him to be one of the last two to be revealed. Vote Nassi tho xheat

John1
6th January 2018, 20:18
Well that rumour list seemed pretty accurate so far I think (?) so I'm expecting him to be one of the last two to be revealed. Vote Nassi tho xheat

Of course. :o

An amazing entry along with a pretty talented singer.

ParadiseES
7th January 2018, 00:03
I haven't fallen in love with any of the songs yet, although all of them seem ok. I guess the snippets are too short to judge.

But Nassi's seems the most interesting choice. I knew his music before and he's great. Loukas seems interesting too. We'll confirm when we get to listen to the whole songs :)

tsegaye
7th January 2018, 00:45
Do we get the full songs tomorrow or on the night of the live shows?

esc87fan
7th January 2018, 05:29
Do we get the full songs tomorrow or on the night of the live shows?

We'll only most likely get the snippets of the final two artists tomorrow. The full songs will be streamed on Deezer on the day of each semi

toinou03
7th January 2018, 10:29
Line-up so far :

1. Malo - Ciao
2. June - Same (Idol)
11. Enea - I'll be there
16. Jane Constance - Un jour, j'ai rêvé (One day, I dreamed / Winner of The Voice Kids)
17. Ehla - J'ai cru (I belived / Composer : Grand Corps Malade)

John1
7th January 2018, 16:15
Lisandro Cuxi will be the last entrant with his FABULOUS (how could someone foretell that I would state this kind of thing someday?) entry "Eva".

esc87fan
7th January 2018, 16:24
Just heard Lisandro's snippet, it sounds like Beautiful Mess 2.0 to be brutally honest. Doesn't really excite me like many of the other songs

JonnyWest
7th January 2018, 16:26
Lisandro's song is great xclap Definitely one to watch and an obvious contender!

Mrm
7th January 2018, 16:50
Lisandro's entry is definitely the most americanized, but it sounds well.. we will see.. :)

Mrm
7th January 2018, 18:02
14 out of 18 snippets sound promising to me…but Emmy Liyana will be my fave, I’m almost 100% sure..she is in her own league.. xheart
Hope to see Emmy Liyana in Lisbon with "Ok Ou Ko":.. :)
June the Girl sounds like the one to beat though..this will be a hell of a NF! :D

DirtyFalcon
7th January 2018, 18:02
Lisandro could be a serious contender in Eurovision, more than Amir in 2016

Mrm
7th January 2018, 18:03
DirtyFalcon

Welcome to the forum! :)

DirtyFalcon
7th January 2018, 18:06
DirtyFalcon

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you :)

SwissKung
7th January 2018, 18:08
Lisandro Cuxi's song sounds way too americanized, a mix between Bruno Mars and The Weeknd. Jury would love this at Eurovision but the public not so much, predicting a similar result like Amir.

Nonetheless, France has come up with a strong selection and they can be proud of that.

John1
7th January 2018, 19:04
Lisandro Cuxi's song sounds way too americanized, a mix between Bruno Mars and The Weeknd. Jury would love this at Eurovision but the public not so much, predicting a similar result like Amir.

Nonetheless, France has come up with a strong selection and they can be proud of that.

Oof. I assume this would lead to the best result, which France has ever gotten for the past few years.

JonnyWest
7th January 2018, 19:15
Lisandro is way better as a singer than Amir tho :p

esc87fan
7th January 2018, 20:09
Lisandro is way better as a singer than Amir tho :p

Disagree. Amir to me is a more genuine singer than Lisandro

SwissKung
7th January 2018, 20:43
Oof. I assume this would lead to the best result, which France has ever gotten for the past few years.

They need to pick Madame Monsieur to get a top 5 :p

John1
7th January 2018, 20:53
They need to pick Madame Monsieur to get a top 5 :p

NO PLEASE. Not this one. :(

Mrm
7th January 2018, 20:59
NO PLEASE. Not this one. :(

Why? :?

hunty73
7th January 2018, 21:19
France and the world lost one of the great ESC winners today when France Gall went to show the angels how its done.Bang in the middle of the 1960s she showed how to win an ESC by connecting through the camera with the audience at home,not just through the song.Poupée de cire, poupée de son by France Gall was and always will be a seminal moment in ESC history.

Listening to most of the songs so far this year,maybe the writers can take a listen to this master class in how you position a bridge in a song,and for the artists how you lift the melody with emotional perfection as you come out of said bridge.Superb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRva0YOVtcI

Mrm
7th January 2018, 21:22
France and the world lost one of the great ESC winners today when France Gal went to show the angels how its done.Bang in the middle of the 1960s she showed how to win an ESC by connecting through the camera with the audience at home,not just through the song.Poupée de cire, poupée de son by France Gal was and always will be a seminal moment in ESC history.

Listening to most of the songs so far this year,maybe the writers can take a listen to this master class in how you position a bridge in a song,and for the artists how you lift the melody with emotional perfection as you come out of said bridge.Superb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRva0YOVtcI

xclapxclapxclapxclap Bravo dear hunty! :)

RIP France Gall!

John1
7th January 2018, 21:27
Why? :?

This is quite weak and we wouldn't be able to stand out much more than Alma or Amir did.

SwissKung
7th January 2018, 21:44
This is quite weak and we wouldn't be able to stand out much more than Alma or Amir did.

We'll have to wait for the full version and the live performance to be sure of its potential but personnaly, already based on the snippet, this would easily be my favourite French entry of the century. It's a modern pop-electro track with many influences sound in in it and I like her voice. Also, I find the couple very charismatic and French (if that makes sense) which a huge plus.

12 points de la Suisse pour Madame Monsieur x12s

EscGeek
7th January 2018, 21:59
my top 5 from snippets

::12Madame Monsieur "Mercy" <----- this is gold right here..i can't wait for full version xheya
::10Pheno Men "Jamais sans toi"
::8Emmy Liyana "OK ou KO"
::7Louka "Mamma Mia"
::6Enéa "I'll Be There"

John1
7th January 2018, 22:05
We'll have to wait for the full version and the live performance to be sure of its potential but personnaly, already based on the snippet, this would easily be my favourite French entry of the century. It's a modern pop-electro track with many influences sound in in it and I like her voice. Also, I find the couple very charismatic and French (if that makes sense) which a huge plus.

12 points de la Suisse pour Madame Monsieur x12s

Well, I'm a bit pessimistic but whatever...

Mrm
7th January 2018, 22:05
What does "OK ou KO" means? :)

julien4ESC
7th January 2018, 22:31

It means "OK or KO"

hunty73
7th January 2018, 23:34

KO is slang for Knock Out,like when a boxer is knocked out in the ring he (or she) is KOed,Knocked Out.So Emmy might be saying you say Ok to her or she uses extreme violence on you.xstars

JonnyWest
7th January 2018, 23:46
Disagree. Amir to me is a more genuine singer than Lisandro

I wasn't talking about genuineness

JonnyWest
8th January 2018, 01:46
Time to post my faves based on the snippets available.
So in alphabetical order:

Emmy Liyana - "OK ou KO"
Lisandro Cuxi - "Eva"
Louka - "Mamma Mia"
Lucie - "My World"
Madame Monsieur - "Mercy"
Malo' - "Ciao"
Masoe - "Paradise"
Nassi - "Rêve de gamin"
Noée - "L'un près de l'autre"
Sarah Caillibot - "Tu me manques"
Sweem - "Là-haut"

Yes... 11 songs xheat so far Nassi is probably my top favorite but I'll wait for the full versions ;)
There's just one song that I don't like and it's considered one of the favorites so that's kinda bothering me... it's June the Girl, so please France

https://media.giphy.com/media/KEQzTcbdIvyaA/giphy.gif

Kaz
8th January 2018, 05:29
I'm so excited! I like literally almost every song here. Can Macedonia/Montenegro/San Marino etc please just take the acts that don't win here?

Honestly, the most intriguing snippet for me belongs to Max Cinnamon. I think it has the most unique instrumentation of all the songs and I'm especially keen for the full version.

DirtyFalcon
8th January 2018, 12:25
I think Nassi song will be very good but not fine for eurovision, because it's a very risky choice for France. I think Madame Monsieur and Lisandro should be better

John1
8th January 2018, 13:09
I think Nassi song will be very good but not fine for eurovision, because it's a very risky choice for France. I think Madame Monsieur and Lisandro should be better

Don't worry about it, Lisandro has already won it, thus it doesn't truly matter.

tsegaye
8th January 2018, 14:18
Don't worry about it, Lisandro has already won it, thus it doesn't truly matter.

Is he that popular? I didn't find his song that promising, so hopefully the juries won't favourize him that much...

tvfan
8th January 2018, 15:24
He sure has a fanbase but his album flopped so we never know.

John1
8th January 2018, 15:26
Is he that popular? I didn't find his song that promising, so hopefully the juries won't favourize him that much...

Of course he's popular and his song looks one of the most promising somehow.

DaFlo
8th January 2018, 17:19
Nassi / Masoe / Lisandro

are my favs. Need those full songs tho. Do we know already who is part of semi 1?

Schlagerman1
8th January 2018, 18:10
It is really hard to judge the small clips, but there are many good songs according to them, at least noone is that bad. The ones that stand out a little more from the rest are for me these (in no particular order):

"Ciao" Malo
"Same" June The Girl
"Mamma Mia" Louka
"Mercy" Madame Monsieur
"OK Ou KO" Emmy Lyiana
"L'Un Près De L'Autre" Noèe
"Tu Me Manques" Sarah Caillibot
"Paradise" Masoe
"Rêve De Gamin" Nassi
"Eva" Lisandro Cuxi

There is no chance they change the number of songs in the final from 8 to 10? :oops: No, but I am really looking forward to DE now! :D

astatine86
8th January 2018, 19:18
Definitely Masoe. The rest is very good, but Paradise stands out the most to me.

tvfan
8th January 2018, 22:04
Contestants of semi-final 1 :
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTC_vFqX0AAXUj5.jpg

esc87fan
8th January 2018, 22:07
So that means...

SEMIFINAL 1 (January 13)
*Elah
*Emmy Liyana
*Enea
*Lisandro Cuxi
*Louka
*MALO'
*Masoe
*Noée
*PhenoMen

SEMIFINAL 2 (January 20)
*Igit
*Jane Constance
*June the Girl
*Lucie
*Madame Monsieur
*Max Cinnamon
*Nassi
*Sarah Caillibot
*Sweem

Marvelous
8th January 2018, 23:54
SPOILER ALERT
Don't read any futher - you'll only have yourself to blame.

The qualifiers of the first SF are :
- Emmy Liyana
- Lisandro Cuxi
- Malo
- Louka

See you tomorrow ;)

SwissKung
9th January 2018, 00:38
^ fake list? I saw another one with 2 different qualified artists,

DanielLuis
9th January 2018, 00:42
I can't wait to follow this NF! Bring it on France!

julien4ESC
9th January 2018, 01:05
Lixandro has just killed the contest, he was so good and finished first by far.

pymalix
9th January 2018, 01:17
are you forced to spoil without write an alert before?

t'étais obligé de spoil ? tu pouvais pas mettre une alerte ou une balise avant? y'en a qui ne souhaite pas savoir

popavapeur
9th January 2018, 01:20
c'est pas du foutage de gueule ? c'est ton premier post et pour te plaindre des spoils, comme si t'avais cherché à tout prix à chercher l'info.Et on sait très bien que ça va spoiler sur les forums non-francophones. Faut.juste.pas.venir.ici.

Can't wait to see how this turns out, luckily it's already on saturday yay

pymalix
9th January 2018, 01:24
Si je suis sur forum c'est que j'en ai rien à foutre d'être spoil, par contre j'ai pas envie que d'autre soit spoil, une simple balise c'est pas compliqué à mettre! et à la base ce thread est fait pour avoir un ressenti des candidats, pas d'avoir les résultats des demi-finales. Si quelqu'un qui veut voir un peu ce que pense les autres pays de nos candidats tombe sur cette info il va se faire spoil alors qu'il ne le voulait pas forcemment.

popavapeur
9th January 2018, 01:39
c'est quoi cette excuse malhonnête ? tu es seul responsable et tu n'as pas à parler pour les autres. "si quelqu'un" avec des si, on met Paris en bouteille.

pymalix
9th January 2018, 01:45
Cette excuse malhonnête?

Un mec à mis un message avec une alerte spoil j'ai pas fait de remarque, j'ai pas besoin d'excuse, je dis ce que je pense et oui j'aime pas que les gens ne respectent pas les autres en s'amusant à leak. J'en ai rien à faire que ça te plaise pas que je "parle" pour les autres, c'est pas ce que je veux, je dis juste que c'est pas le sujet pour leak et que si on souhaite donner des info, le minimum c'est de mettre une balise ou une alerte spoil comme celui qui a eu l'intelligence de le faire avant. en revanche toi tu prend la défense de ce mec ? parle pas à sa place je t'ai pas demandé quoi que ce soit, c'est une remarque je lui fait et t'as pas besoin de jouer à l'avocat..

popavapeur
9th January 2018, 02:26
je trouve ça gonflé qu'un type vienne s'inscrire juste pour casser les couilles, pas de bonjour, pas de présentation mais juste pour faire le français : le gros relou de base qui est la raison pour laquelle les fans français qui parlent une autre langue ne vont plus sur les forums francophones. C'est mieux avec une balise spoil c'est vrai, mais rien n'oblige les gens à le faire ici et on est sur un forum où les leaks sont souvent autorisés, généralement, si je viens ici c'est justement pour lire les spoils en grand en large... comme assez souvent en fait. Y en a marre des mecs qui viennent pourrir des forums quand on est là pour ça : parler de spoil, de leaks, de nos attentes, de tout lié au concours.

tl:dr for non french speakers : I'm just shredding him to pieces cause he's complaining/making a rant with his first messages to spit on someone that made a spoiler. Excuse is : "I don't care about spoilers but I'm talking for anyone else", I strongly advice to speak for himself and himself only and not worry about others, we can all take responsability of what we're reading and where we're going. I agree with him with the fact that a "spoiler" quote is better but there's not obligation to do it and I'm pointing out the fact that I like this forum for the fact that this is the place I'm coming first to read spoilers/reactions as they're often easy to find and not hidden. So my last sentence is basically saying that I'm fed up with people that act like a rotten apple in the tree, creating bad vibes when we're all here for this : talking about ESC, leaks, spoils, and what we're expecting from the contest.

(and also I'm saying that French "bilinguasl" are running from french forums cause it's often worse than a spanish meltdown : always ranting, complaining, trolling)

J'arrête ici pour cette histoire de spoil et continue le sujet normalement / Stopping here with that spoiler issue and bring back the thread to "normal"

John1
9th January 2018, 06:52
Omg I'm so tired with people, who are passing by this kind of website, provided that this is the place where you'll mostly get a lot of spoilers.

blackhole
9th January 2018, 15:23
Perso si je viens sur ce forum c'est pour avoir le spoil le plus rapidement possible, donc si quelqu'un est sur le plateau ce soir il serait gentil de publier les qualifiés et le classement dès sa sortie ^^

Imo I'm here to know the spoil asap so if someone is in the touring tonight please come directly after, I want the qualifiers and the rank asap!

Sammy
9th January 2018, 15:55
Honestly, I‘d like to hear the full versions before I get the results :mrgreen:

ory26
9th January 2018, 17:20
The full songs will be available on Deezer the saturday 13th in the morning for semi 1 and the saturday 20th in the morning for semi 2.

Destination Eurovision will be broadcast on facebook live worldwide too.

julien4ESC
9th January 2018, 17:43
I can't go to the semi final tonight so if somebody can send me the results it would be great !

popavapeur
9th January 2018, 22:13
making a spoiler thing, so spoilers of yesterday evening.

So the 4 acts of yesterday are : Lisandro, Emmy Liyana, Malo and Loukas

IJ seemed to like Emmy Liyana (Sweden's 12) and Lisandro was a strong contender full package : Dancing, Singing, charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent and the song was allegedly the strongest of the bunch and got First place easily, followed by Emmy. There's a little gap after and Malo came 3rd while Loukas barely made top 4 saved by a french jury and his 10p, Pheno Men are dead last with a nul point. Masoe was not very well liked too with a few points. Amir and Isabelle did their job as a judge but Christophe didn't hold back and said openly what were the flaws of the artist/song (he said during the show : I don't want to be the one but I'm gonna be the one). His comments were actually useful and true so he's not playing a villain for the sake of being a villain.

Every act sang 2songs, a cover and the song for ESC, the show was quite long and voting was exciting and well made. Overall the show and the songs were high quality and has a good entertaining value, post-prod and editing are welcome to cut all the useless parts that felt the show a little bit boring/slow/long

Marvelous
10th January 2018, 00:05
SPOILER ALERT

The qualifiers of the second SF are :

- June The Girl
- Madame Monsieur
- Lucie Vagenheim
- Sweem

John1
10th January 2018, 00:13
SPOILER ALERT

Random order?

blackhole
10th January 2018, 00:15
Marvelous do you have the full rank?
And the information about Nassi's performance

Koori
10th January 2018, 00:27
Amazing job, France! Two best snippets are already out :lol:

John1
10th January 2018, 00:29
Amazing job, France! Two best snippets are already out :lol:

LOL, these might have sounded bland when they performed.

ES2011
10th January 2018, 00:32
SPOILER ALERT

- June The Girl
- Madame Monsieur
- Lucie Vagenheim
- Sweem

Oeh, I'm actually quite satisfied with that, means all my favourites are going to the Finals :)

Koori
10th January 2018, 00:34
LOL, these might have sounded bland when they performed.

Do you think that Lucie with her DeForest reject could've sounded better than, let's say, Nassi or Igit? Doubt it.
Sweem is also very boring even in 10-15 seconds snippet.

I'm disappointed. A lot. What is the freaking reason to make 2 semis and to let someone random from Sweden to choose what should be in the final.
They'd better to semis live as well and 10 songs in the grand final, but whatever...

John1
10th January 2018, 00:39
Do you think that Lucie with her DeForest reject could've sounded better than, let's say, Nassi or Igit? Doubt it.
Sweem is also very boring even in 10-15 seconds snippet.

I'm disappointed. A lot. What is the freaking reason to make 2 semis and to let someone random from Sweden to choose what should be in the final.
They'd better to semis live as well and 10 songs in the grand final, but whatever...

You don't even know how she performed tonight. Deal with it, stp complaining. One of my favourites didn't get through either, and I think there are some logical reasons to what happened.

Bryon
10th January 2018, 00:45
The logical reason is that Marvelous was fake news. Thank god :lol:

Koori
10th January 2018, 00:46
You don't even know how she performed tonight. Deal with it, stp complaining. One of my favourites didn't get through either, and I think there are some logical reasons to what happened.

Why should I care about her performance? Amazing staging and voice doesn't make song better, lul.
Also, I thought everyone has a right to share thoughts, so, gurl, I'll decide myself what and when to write there xqueenbitch

Also, another version appeared :confused:

1. Madame Monsieur - Mercy 56 points
2. Maxim Cinnamon - Ailleurs 54 points
3rd and 4th place with equal points Igit - Lisboa Jerusalem and Nassi - Reves de gamins - 46 p

blackhole
10th January 2018, 00:47
What what? So what is the real one ?
June the girl out or Nassi out ?

JonnyWest
10th January 2018, 00:47
Deleted

94ayd
10th January 2018, 00:48
Also, another version appeared :confused:

1. Madame Monsieur - Mercy 56 points
2. Maxim Cinnamon - Ailleurs 54 points
3rd and 4th place with equal points Igit - Lisboa Jerusalem and Nassi - Reves de gamins - 46 p

I prefer this version by a mile!

John1
10th January 2018, 00:49
I prefer this version by a mile!

Oh God I hope not. :s

popavapeur
10th January 2018, 01:00
if June The girl (f*c* that was my fave from the snippet)and Lucie are out, that's a boulevard for Lisandro and Madame Monsieur

blackhole
10th January 2018, 01:04
I had the confirmation that the real qualifiers are Madame Monsieur, Max, Igit and Nassi

Koori
10th January 2018, 01:05
I believe second option is more likable because person delivered comments as well (like Amir totally hated JTG and M&M etc), and also of course it fits my taste more :lol:

Odalis
10th January 2018, 01:15
Please, let the second list be true, tell me it's true! xheat

blackhole
10th January 2018, 01:23
Yes the second is true, escpedia confirmed it

JonnyWest
10th January 2018, 02:06
That 2nd finalist is so random :s

Kaz
10th January 2018, 02:19
I love three songs on that second list, although I must admit that I would've preferred literally any other song over Lisboa Jerusalem... Disappointing that June the Girl is supposedly out.

popavapeur
10th January 2018, 04:53
I hope the song of the act "out" that I liked is far worse than I think... because if it ranked that low and if it is a good/great song I'll lose my mind.

Sammy
10th January 2018, 22:44
There are so many great songs in this NF. I really hope they release an album with all of them!

AshleyWright
11th January 2018, 01:21
I haven't really paid full attention to this, but why do we already know the qualifiers? What logic is there in telling everyone before the semis even air? We all might as well wait for the final now instead. :?

ZoboCamel
11th January 2018, 08:57
I haven't really paid full attention to this, but why do we already know the qualifiers? What logic is there in telling everyone before the semis even air? We all might as well wait for the final now instead. :?

Haven't followed it too closely myself, but my understanding is that there hasn't been an official announcement of the qualifiers. Rather, since the shows are pre-recorded, there were leaks from the filming sessions or something.

John1
11th January 2018, 10:33
Haven't followed it too closely myself, but my understanding is that there hasn't been an official announcement of the qualifiers. Rather, since the shows are pre-recorded, there were leaks from the filming sessions or something.

They may have announced fake qualifiers like they usually do in the ESC regarding the dress rehearsals. I think they're perfectly aware of what they'd face : leaks and disappointment.

tuorem
11th January 2018, 17:54
They may have announced fake qualifiers like they usually do in the ESC regarding the dress rehearsals. I think they're perfectly aware of what they'd face : leaks and disappointment.

Wait, I'm lost... Has there been more than one show for each semi? xthink

If that isn't the case, I'd be shocked to learn France 2 has taken such precautions tbh. Would they be willing to record fake results just for the sake of a limited audience?

By the way, I think pre-recording the semis - even if only juries vote - is nonsensical if the final is meant to be broadcast live. They might as well air everything live: they have the means to do it and it would prevent such inconveniences from happening.

John1
11th January 2018, 18:15
Wait, I'm lost... Has there been more than one show for each semi? xthink

If that isn't the case, I'd be shocked to learn France 2 has taken such precautions tbh. Would they be willing to record fake results just for the sake of a limited audience?

By the way, I think pre-recording the semis - even if only juries vote - is nonsensical if the final is meant to be broadcast live. They might as well air everything live: they have the means to do it and it would prevent such inconveniences from happening.

Indeed. This is the very first time that they air it on FTV, thus it doesn't matter whether there are some issues in regards to this brand new national final. I'm pretty sure they'll fix it next year?

tuorem
11th January 2018, 18:56
Indeed. This is the very first time that they air it on FTV, thus it doesn't matter whether there are some issues in regards to this brand new national final. I'm pretty sure they'll fix it next year?

For sure they will. As you say, it doesn't overshadow the efforts they've put in this NF: for a first time, it seems very promising and professional. Thank God the years of France 3 are over. :)

John1
11th January 2018, 19:04
For sure they will. As you say, it doesn't overshadow the efforts they've put in this NF: for a first time, it seems very promising and professional. Thank God the years of France 3 are over. :)

LOL. When you're comparing "Destination Eurovision" to "Les chansons d'abord" or whatsoever, it only proves us that FTV did the right choice to deal with the ESC once again instead of FR3... :?

The former selections were beyond horrendous, it all started from 2004 onwards tbh.