PDA

View Full Version : Norway NORWAY 2018 - Alexander Rybak - That's How You Write a Song

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

escYOUnited
9th April 2017, 02:12
http://img.freeflagicons.com/thumb/glossy_wave_icon/norway/norway_640.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oicLsTZRp28

Ringdalen
9th April 2017, 16:56
Let´s "Grab The Moment" and send something awesome once again xheya

Carrie
9th April 2017, 18:36
Annie would be perfect :(

ScarlettGirl
12th April 2017, 12:53
Please no Kristian Valen....

12Points
12th April 2017, 15:03
Amina Sewali comeback for sure xlove

ScarlettGirl
19th May 2017, 18:30
Not sure if this is interesting for anyone, but Jan Fredrik won´t be in charge for 2018 or the future. Stig Karlsen will take over completely.

Pawhlen
20th May 2017, 00:45
Not sure if this is interesting for anyone, but Jan Fredrik won´t be in charge for 2018 or the future. Stig Karlsen will take over completely.

A bit of a shame since Jan Fredrik is extreme passioned about ESC and MGP, a bit hyperactive though.

ScarlettGirl
20th May 2017, 07:42
A bit of a shame since Jan Fredrik is extreme passioned about ESC and MGP, a bit hyperactive though.

I think the reasons n many people weren't too enthusiastic about him being in charge, was because he was so pleased with himself that Kristian Valen was his big "star" in the show

Neo
20th May 2017, 08:43
Very good news that Stig Karlsen is taking sole charge. He will actively target writers and producers and involve more in the selection process.

Jan Fredrik Karlsen is living in the past, both musically and also when it comes to MGP. He also lacks nous TBPF.

Pawhlen
20th May 2017, 16:00
I think the reasons n many people weren't too enthusiastic about him being in charge, was because he was so pleased with himself that Kristian Valen was his big "star" in the show

Ok, then I understand

ScarlettGirl
20th May 2017, 16:14
Very good news that Stig Karlsen is taking sole charge. He will actively target writers and producers and involve more in the selection process.

Jan Fredrik Karlsen is living in the past, both musically and also when it comes to MGP. He also lacks nous TBPF.

We´ll see I guess. I try to not get my hopes up. I just hope for good songs.

Neo
20th May 2017, 22:54
An example would be last two ESC winning songs and also artists were deeper, more serious, sincere. I bet this fact would fly straight past Jan Fredrik who has an outdated preconceived idea or formula of what works, it certainly sounds that way from all his comments.

Stig might pick up the bigger trends and see where the focus needs to be. If he's really clever and has studied the big waves he might even foresee when the pendulum swings back the other way and serious becomes old etc.

Romeo
18th June 2017, 23:10
Marcus & Martinus will be 16 in February so they can enter Eurovision!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIOn18Gi8No

VikingTiger
29th June 2017, 15:23
Marcus & Martinus will be 16 in February so they can enter Eurovision!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if Marcus and Martinius were to participate I cant see how they could not loose the MGP - at least if the general level of the songs doesn't improve significantly from the past two years. Their music definitely isn't my style... but one cant argue that they reflect popular music in Norway these days.

Realest
30th June 2017, 00:03
Didnt know that they were singers, when I saw them on Eurovision, but just listened a few tracks. I really could imagine them winning one time or getting at least Top 3.

AshleyWright
30th June 2017, 00:49
If that song is a representation of the Norweigan popular music scene then I really do worry for you. :'D I don't think i've ever heard such an soulless mess of a pop song. :? Sung by an equally soulless mess of a duo.

lavieenrose
30th June 2017, 00:55
Somewhere in a stately manor on the Norwegian coast, Vivi Stenberg is WEEPING

ScarlettGirl
30th June 2017, 11:07
Marcus & Martinus are lovely boys, but their music is not in my age group, so for now, no thank you.
I just hope next years MGP will be better, now that JFK is out. I have much more faith in Stig Karlsen, as long as he doesn´t use this years script writers :? The way they explained the voting was like a kiddies show... it was embarrassing to watch...
(I love Line though xheart )

ESCKerli
9th July 2017, 20:59
Astrid S or Aurora xheat

ScarlettGirl
10th July 2017, 11:52
Astrid S or Aurora xheat

Not a big fan of Astrid S, but I love Aurora xheart
Sadly, it will never happen.

goncalovieira
16th July 2017, 01:06
Tone Damli, please!!

RomanFromRussia
16th July 2017, 12:47
I hope to see Nordic ballad from Norway. 2014-2015 were amazing

...or just The Hungry Hearts Performance Band

GianlucaTomoe
18th August 2017, 13:01
Adelén is back with a new song, it's called "Go home" xheart

RomanFromRussia
28th August 2017, 21:58
What about Linnea Dale?

DanielLuis
29th August 2017, 01:41
What about Linnea Dale?

Something like "High hopes" or "A room in a city" would almost surely be my personal winner!

ScarlettGirl
3rd September 2017, 14:40
Eva Weel Skram would be great xheart xheart

ScarlettGirl
6th December 2017, 17:38
There are some rumors that Stella Mwangi, Alexander Rybak, Alexander Walmann and Mørland will all return to MGP in 2018.
Other names that there is rumors about is Ida Maria (wrote Mamas Boy for Ella this year), Vidar Villa and Alexandra Rotan (MGPJR2011 and vocalist for Alan Walker). It has also been speculated that Marcus and Martinus (who read points from Norway this year) might participate as well.
None of them has confirmed or declined participation.

(Source: https://www.vg.no/rampelys/musikk/i/ngaXGm/alexander-rybak-aktuell-med-mgp-comeback )

Gera11
6th December 2017, 18:24
Alexander Rybak

What on earth is he doing back in MGP? :lol: I never get why winners of Eurovision would try again. As composers, sure. But participants?

Stoked for Stella & Morland though xheart

DanielLuis
6th December 2017, 21:34
Now we just need rumours that Margaret Berger and Linnea Dale are returning and I think NMGP might have the best line-up ever xlove

JonnyWest
7th December 2017, 00:38
Now we just need rumours that Margaret Berger and Linnea Dale are returning and I think NMGP might have the best line-up ever xlove

Yasss her song in 2014 was so good !

DanielLuis
7th December 2017, 03:23
Yasss her song in 2014 was so good !

I wanted it in Eurovision so much! Linnea Dale's work is really amazing and she definitely would be one of my dream singers to represent Norway in Lisbon!

ScarlettGirl
7th December 2017, 10:49
Normally I don´t listen to rumors like this, but since the newspapers were right last year about Rune Rudberg, Wig Wam Åge and Kristian Valen ( xpuke ) it is a bit difficult to look past these. But since no of the newspapers have a direct source I am a bit suspicious, but as far as I know both JOWST and Alexander Walmann has said that they would love to do it again, so it´s not completely unbelievable that Alexander Walmann might be alone on stage this time. I don´t see the Rybak rumor as totally unbelievable either. He adored Salvador Sobral, so his victory might have inspired him to participate again.

But we don´t know if all of these will be on stage, it could be that some of them will show up as songwriters, but it´s the best names I´ve heard on NMGP since 2015 in my opinion so I am positive. xcheers

Realest
7th December 2017, 10:58
Rybak maybe wants his record back. In 2012 he said hes facilitated that Loreen didnt break it.

AlekS
11th December 2017, 23:22
Stella's "Not Your Ordinary" leaked 1 week ago, it's 2:53 and I hope it's not her entry :?

ScarlettGirl
12th December 2017, 21:01
Stella's "Not Your Ordinary" leaked 1 week ago, it's 2:53 and I hope it's not her entry :?

Haven´t heard it, but if it´s somewhat similar to "Ready To Pop" or "Bad as I wanna Be" that´s because that´s her style. Don´t really have an opinion on her music because it´s been a while that I listened to her, but If this list turns out to be correct, then it´s good that NRK are getting artists so return again I think :)

RomanFromRussia
12th December 2017, 21:16
Omg Mørland Omg

AlekS
12th December 2017, 22:17
but if it´s somewhat similar to "Ready To Pop" or "Bad as I wanna Be"
Not even close. These 2 are slower & more urban. This one is uptempo ... it's reggae rap. Less pop thaan Haba Haba, but cheaper than Cool Me Down.

Geborgenheit
16th December 2017, 17:43
Pleas no Jowst, no Rybak. Send Julie Bergan or at least Line from NRK.

DipintoDiBlu
17th December 2017, 11:13
Long shot for next year considering the rumours but I need my lesbian space queens The Hungry Hearts to come back for another shot! Laika was roobed!

Mrm
8th January 2018, 18:46
Last year I liked MGP and I liked winner!

But I hope to see GEMS like these in 2018 MGP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49vCiGfOP6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opT6VGB5zuc

ScarlettGirl
12th January 2018, 21:05
I like Stig Karlsen better than JFK. He seems to actually care about MGP and is keen on winning, but If more people think of him like that will be determined on Monday. But based on what escnorge has said about the entries, I think I will allow myself to be a little more positive this time. :) Based on how they described the songs, I think it is a big chance that the Rybak and Mørland rumor might be true. Stellas suspected MGP song was released today on Spotify, so maybe this means that she isn´t in? (But it´s under 3 minutes though... ;) )

Also, Debrah Scarlett wrote on Instagram not too long ago that she had some exciting news soon and somebody thinks it might be MGP (but I doubt it, since I think she said that she wasn't´t interested in participating again)

I´m excited, sorry :P

VikingTiger
13th January 2018, 13:47
After having read the comment on escnorge.net from a fan that has listened to all the norwegian 2018 entries I am VERY excited! I have reason to believe that the norwegian MGP 2018 will be the best in many years (even though I have to admit that doesnt say too much, the quality of the last years have been rather meager).

I also very much like the idea that all the entries are released at the same time as the contestants are being presented. I am hoping that several of the entries will become actual hits in Norway.

DaFlo
13th January 2018, 14:00
After having read the comment on escnorge.net from a fan that has listened to all the norwegian 2018 entries I am VERY excited! I have reason to believe that the norwegian MGP 2018 will be the best in many years (even though I have to admit that doesnt say too much, the quality of the last years have been rather meager).

I also very much like the idea that all the entries are released at the same time as the contestants are being presented. I am hoping that several of the entries will become actual hits in Norway.

Can you share comments & do you know when the songs will be released? :)

VikingTiger
13th January 2018, 14:24

The artists will be presented this Monday, and the songs will be released on the same day!

DaFlo
13th January 2018, 14:29
Oh woah Monday already, looking forward to that. Most NFs this year are meh so far, hopefully Norway brings quality again ^^

VikingTiger
13th January 2018, 14:29
Well, no pure ballads this year. Several very dancable songs. Modern sound (whatever that means). Profesional productions. And supposedly 1 or 2 with potential to be fighting for the victory (very subjective, I know...). And according to sourses on the net; a couple of positive surprises on the song-writer side...

AlekS
13th January 2018, 14:31

https://eurovisionharlekin.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/wow-mgp2018-er-oppe-pa-2010-niva-mine.html

Some of the rumoured performers basing on that list:

Song #1 – Charla K
Song #2 – Adelén & Alejandro Fuentes
Song #4 – Stella Mwangi
Song #6 – Alexander Wallmann
Song #7 – Vidar Villa
Song #8 – Mr. Little Jeans (Monica Birkenes)
Song #9 – Ida Maria – “Scandilove”
Song #10 - Alexander Rybak involved.

VikingTiger
13th January 2018, 14:31
Most NFs this year are meh so far, hopefully Norway brings quality again ^^

yeah...one can only hope...

VikingTiger
13th January 2018, 14:41
https://eurovisionharlekin.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/wow-mgp2018-er-oppe-pa-2010-niva-mine.html

Some of the rumoured performers basing on that list:

Song #1 – Charla K
Song #2 – Adelén & Alejandro Fuentes
Song #4 – Stella Mwangi
Song #6 – Aleksander Wallmann
Song #7 – Vidar Villa
Song #8 – Mr. Little Jeans (Monica Birkenes)
Song #9 – Ida Maria – “Scandilove”
Song #10 - Alexander Rybak involved.

So where did those names turn up? But from the comments of the different songs I can see why...Interesting!

ScarlettGirl
13th January 2018, 16:21
JOWST are hinting about something on his instagram. Not sure if it´s MGP but it could be. Idk.

Mrm
13th January 2018, 16:36
I want to visit Norway!! :(

Romeo
13th January 2018, 16:42
I want to visit Norway!! :(

Same. I'd love to do a Scandinavian tour

Mrm
13th January 2018, 16:43
Same. I'd love to do a Scandinavian tour

I have been to Copenhagen, Malmo and surrounding of Malmo...

Mrm
13th January 2018, 16:48
Romeo

Why you put location Kosovo and Kosovar flag? just asking...

Romeo
13th January 2018, 16:55
Romeo

Why you put location Kosovo and Kosovar flag? just asking...

I change it to whatever country I am in WV, when I sent songs from Kosovo I changed it. Just haven't got round to changing it. Not sure if the ::vict flag is available so it might have to be UK. Thanks for reminding me, I totally forgot about it lol

Mrm
13th January 2018, 17:00
I change it to whatever country I am in WV, when I sent songs from Kosovo I changed it. Just haven't got round to changing it. Not sure if the ::vict flag is available so it might have to be UK. Thanks for reminding me, I totally forgot about it lol

hahaha OK, let's hope to put Norwegian flag when we visit magical fjords.. :D

Romeo
13th January 2018, 17:01
hahaha OK, let's hope to put Norwegian flag when we visit magical fjords.. :D

sounds like a good idea haha

RomanFromRussia
15th January 2018, 11:45
What about Morland's comeback?

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:01
Not long until we will know :) I will write which artists will be announced If I can. Artists will be revealed around 12:30. It is currently broadcasted on NRK1, and now some people (including songwriter Christian Ingebrigtsen from A1) are speculating in some of the rumors of the artists. I guess they are going to do that until they reveal the artist.

Christian from A1 is definitely not in this year haha, but he would consider to participate again with the right song :P

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:33
Stig Karlsen walks on stage now to talk about this years selection

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:36
With Per from Roxette as one of the songwriters. 1st artist is Charla K from Shackles

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:38
Alejandro Fuentes as 2nd artist, with a Spanish song I think. Makes perfect sense, but it sounds cool :P

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:40
Alexander Walmann is back peeps!!!! JOWST returns as songwriter also, If I understood what they said correctly

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:43
4th artist: Stella Mwangi and Alexandra

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:45
5th artist: Vidar Villa....and in his song he sings about wanting somebodies mother....yikes.... :?

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:47
6th artist: Tom Hugo (MGP2013 I believe). He has really changed.

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:49
7th artist: Ida Maria

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:50
Still no Rybak

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:52
Kjetil Mørland back as songwriter. 8th artist is Rebecca

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:54
9th artist is Nicoline

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:56
And the 10th and final artist is *drumroll* Alexander Rybak!!!! Not a shocker there, haha.
Songs should be out in full length around now on Spotify and other streaming platforms. :)

elanyvx
15th January 2018, 12:57
Melodi Grand Prix 2018

1. Charla K - Stop the Music

2. Alejandro Fuentes - Tengo Otra

3. Alexander Walmann - Talk to the Hand

4. Stella Mwangi & Alexandra Rotan - You Got Me

5. Vidar Villa - Moren Din

6. Tom Hugo - I Like I Like I Like

7. Ida Maria - Scandilove

8. Rebecca Thorsen - Who We Are

9. Nicoline - Light Me Up

10. Alexander Rybak - That's How You Write a Song

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 12:58
I will have to listen to the songs later. From the little I heard it sounds good, but I feel like many of the songs sounds a bit alike. Now they are bringing this years songwriters on stage (not everyone is present though).

Okay, I will wrap up my little live blogging, and I will listen to the songs later. :)

Realest
15th January 2018, 12:58
Alex wants his record back.

Realest
15th January 2018, 13:05
Walmanns Song is better than last year.

tsegaye
15th January 2018, 13:07
I think Norway will have a hard time qualifying this year, how come the songs were SO much better between 2012-2015? There were at least 3 songs that were great each year and now there's none...

Realest
15th January 2018, 13:23
Alex wants his record back.

After having heard the Song. I dont think he will win.

Havent heard to all Songs, but surprisingly I like Aleks Walmann and Ida Maria the most.

SwissKung
15th January 2018, 13:30
Norway and a top 10 televoting will not happen for a 5th year in a row! What a generic selection where all songs were made with Eurovision in mind which has been your downfall for quite some time now.

Aleksander Walmann has the best song but I'm not sure if sending him again so soon to Eurovision is a good idea.

Realest
15th January 2018, 13:33
Btw for those who dont know norwegian, I found a translation for Vidar Villas Song:

Norwegian:
Jeg bærer en hemmelighet
En ting som ikke du eller noen andre vet
Jeg har forelsket meg igjen
Tror at jeg har funnet min sjelevenn

Hun er solbrun
Hun er våt, vakker og vill
Jeg tror du vet hvem jeg sikter til

Jeg vil ha moren din
Jeg vil ha leppene hennes mot mitt kinn
Vet det blir rart for deg
Men jeg elsker hennes ratta-ta-ta-ta
Jeg vil ha moren din

Hennes himmelblå øyne skriker ja
Hun vet hennes kjærlighet er alt jeg vil ha
Glemmer helt at hun er 55
Når jeg besøker det som en gang var ditt hjem

Jeg elsker henne
Og jeg tror hun elsker meg
Og best av alt, hun ligner på deg

Jeg vil ha moren din
Men jeg elsker hennes ratta-ta-ta-ta
Jeg vil ha moren din

Og hvis du virkelig er min venn
Så blir du glad for meg og mamma
Uten å bli forbanna
Jeg tror du vet hvor jeg vil hen
Du skal bli storebror igjen

Jeg vil ha moren din
Men jeg elsker hennes ratta-ta-da-ta
Jeg vil ha moren din

Translation:
I have a secret
Something not you or any others know
I have fallen in love again
Think that I’ve found my soulmate

She is tanned
She is wet, beautiful and wild
I think you know who I mean

I want your mother
I want her lips against my cheek
Know it will be strange for you
But I love her ass-ass-ass
I want your mother

Her sky blue eyes scream yes
She knows that her love is all I want
Forget completely that she’s 55
When I visit what once was your home

I love her
And I think she loves me
And the best of it all, she looks like you

I want your mother
I want your mother

And if you really are my friend
Then you’ll be happy for me and your mom
Without being pissed
I think you know what I mean
You’re gonna be a big brother again

I want your mother
I want your mother

julien4ESC
15th January 2018, 13:36
I think it is clear that Aleksander Walmann will win again this year. His song is a real grower ! The others are very bland.

RainyWoods
15th January 2018, 14:04
Gosh, that Alexander Rybak song is so shockingly the wrong direction to take that I almost like it. Who would have thought one of the biggest and most beloved Eurovision winners ever would come back with what sounds like an Alcazar album track. It's so (I hate this word) dated and cheesy. I'm wondering if it's an April Fools but we're only in January. I know that "Fairytale" was very much Eurovision cliche to the max, but it was big and bombastic, with an unforgettable hook. "That's How You Write A Song" wouldn't sound out of place at a Las Vegas casino show. Goodness, the song even has a "Miss Kiss Kiss Bang" scat section. It's such a weird comeback. I'm wondering how far name power will get the song. When I saw Rybak was back I assumed that his participation in Lisbon was a done deal, but boy, even with this song choice!? I'm super curious now.

On a positive note, I like it actually a lot more than "Fairytale". In fact, I think I secretly am quite enjoying this ridiculous comeback songxwhistle

theCONWEL
15th January 2018, 14:23
What has happened to you Norway? A dreadful selection of songs here. Why do they all sound so cheap and dated? At a push I'd go for NICOLINE or Vidar Villa, but it seems as though Norway is going to struggle in Lisbon.

ory26
15th January 2018, 14:33
Disappointed, sad to say it again, by you Norvège...

Maybe the songs will be better live :) my ranking:

1- Alexandra Stella - You Got Me
2 - Aleksander Walmann - Talk To The Hand
3 - Alexander Rybak - That's How You Write A Song
4 - Rebecca - Who we are
5 - Moren Din - Vidar Villa
6 - Nicoline - Light Me Up
7 - Ida Maria - Scandilove
8 - Alejandro Fuentes - Tengo Otr
9 - Tom Hugo - I Like I Like I Like
10 - Charla K - Stop the Music

Gera11
15th January 2018, 15:02
What the hell, "How to write a song" is actually his MGP entry? :lol: I've seen it today on youtube, but didn't think it's actually the one he's trying to compete with. I don't know what to think, to be honest. On one hand, it's not of the borefests he released lately. On the other hand, what on earth is this song? :lol: Dated af

This whole participation is a mistake.

RainyWoods
15th January 2018, 15:09
Tengo Otra» - Alejandro Fuentes Not my kind of thing at all, but who knows what could happen if Norway jumped on a trend and brought this kind of music to Eurovision? It could possibly do well.

That's How You Write A Song» - Alexander Rybak As I mentioned in my previous post, this is a highly weird comeback. After having listened to all the songs, it's bizarrely turned out to be actually one of the best ones here, so I don't think it would be shocking at all if it at least won the selection.

Talk to the Hand» - Aleksander Walmann Great to see Aleksander and his mighty fine taste in hats back so soon. This song is pretty great. Not quite as kick-butt as "Grab The Moment" but this is super catchy, and it builds very nicely. The bridge is kind of delicious, and then the final chorus has a lovely texture to it. It does all just abruptly end though. This doesn't exactly feel like a Eurovision song, which perhaps could play to it's advantage. It's a little bit sassy and I want to see Aleksander back unleashing his inner sasspot.

Stop the Music» - Charla K Those OoooOOoooOOoooOOooo's at the beginning made me want to turn the song off straight away, but I pushed through. The song isn't bad but I don't find it appealing.

Scandilove» - Ida Maria Something different. This is an earworm and I don't think i'm keen on it. I find it irritating and a bit obnoxious which is a shame. The music is ok but lyrically it bugs me. Lord, any song that name checks hipsters I think automatically will have a rough time with me.

Light Me Up» - NICOLINE This one leaves me feeling quite cold. Another song that's a bit irritating.

Who We Are» - Rebecca I wasn't sure which direction this one was heading in. It feels like three songs in one. The verse, the pre-chorus and chorus itself connect together in a peculiar fashion, but weirdly it sort of works. There are parts of this that usually i'd be quite critical of (not keen on the chorus for instance) but there's so many little things going on in this song that I somehow forgive it. I don't like it that much, but it did manage to keep my interest during the 3 minutes.

You Got Me» - Stella og Alexandra I really disliked "Haba Haba" and I don't mind this one so much, but like Rybak, another really weird comeback. Sounds like something that might have done well at Eurovision in early 00s. Wouldn't sound out of place in a UK national final.

Like It Like It Like It » - Tom Hugo What's with all the pop-funk in this NF? This is inoffensive and kind of cute, but I mean..... come on, is this the best you have to offer?

Moren din» - Vidar Villa This one sounds super dooper Norway-ish. At first I thought it was the guy with long hair from Staysman & Lazz. This one just isn't my kind of thing.

If Aleksander Walmann wasn't here, I think the NF would be a complete lost cause. His song is very solid and i'd like to see him back. My curiosity levels are quite high though to see just what would happen if Rybak made a comeback. His song isn't extremely bad, in fact it's guilty pleasure material, but it certainly doesn't strike me as something that could come anywhere near close to the success "Fairytale" managed. In fact, in other hands I think it could end up a big semi flop. Rebecca's "Who We Are" has elements I like (in particular the production) but i'm unsure how much I appreciate it yet. The others i'm not into.

Go for Aleksander again please or face talking to my hand.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xtcRej8eqRsixa/giphy.gif

Fierro
15th January 2018, 15:22
Aleksander Walmann FOR THE WIN xheart xheart xheart

Can't wait to add it to my favorites on YT. What a lovely song! I adored his last year's entry, would be cool to see him again on ESC stage.

Also there are couple of decent songs but overall NF is weak (however better than Maltese and Czech for my taste).

EDIT: I officially confirm that Rybak song is huge disappointment.

ParadiseES
15th January 2018, 15:39
Nice, decent, listenable songs, but there's nothing with the wow factor. My favourites are the two of them which are not in English :lol:

Rybak's song is meh, but Stella and Alexander's comeback are muuuuuuch worse. They have the two worst songs.

tuorem
15th January 2018, 16:17
Love the acts' names: Alexander, Aleksander, Alexandra and Alejandro... :lol: We've got the whole family there.

QwaarJet
15th January 2018, 16:18
Not much at all here. Not a lot of bad songs, but such blandness. I have a bad feeling Nicoline will win, even though I hate the song and the lyrics. I'd be OK with Wallmann or Rebecca winning. Rybak winning would be good for the lulz.

Schlagerman1
15th January 2018, 16:20
Well on paper, this is a extremly strong NF with four MGP-winners, one of the biggest songwriters of all time (Per Gessle from Roxette) and several pretty big norwegian singers, this had all the chances of being a superb NF. Overall it ends in a "Meh".
Most of the songs are pretty okay, but doesn't work fully for me. I guess the top 2 for me is the ones that give the middle finger to the public, Aleksander Walmann and Ida Maria. Aleksanders song is so cool, fun, catchy and really gives no f**ks. Very Jamiroquai and Pharell Williams, modern and makes me just wanna dance.
"Scandilove" is so similar to "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon and also a little "Wannabe" by Spice Girls, but is so modern, catchy, and is as well giving everyone to f**k off if you don't make love like an scandinavian! I have a hard time seeing Norway go for something this bold...but I have seen surprises before from the norwegians so who knows. I love it like a scandinavian I guess. :mrgreen:

Alexander Rybaks song was really bad...but I guess he is just in to restart his carrier in Norway and well...that is his choice I guess. :lol:

Schlagerman1
15th January 2018, 16:32
Go for Aleksander again please or face talking to my hand.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xtcRej8eqRsixa/giphy.gif

I will join you with this statement.

http://rs1208.pbsrc.com/albums/cc368/EunDara/Brian%20Joo%20and%20Bi%20Rain/BRIAN02-1.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Gera11
15th January 2018, 16:35
Alexander Rybaks song was really bad...but I guess he is just in to restart his carrier in Norway and well...that is his choice I guess. :lol:

Oh now it dawned on me what's with this random comeback in MGP :lol:

DirtyFalcon
15th January 2018, 16:39
I am surprised no one says Rebecca song is a masterpiece :o
This song is sooooooooooo good and is a Top 3 material at Eurovision

Schlagerman1
15th January 2018, 16:42
I am surprised no one says Rebecca song is a masterpiece :o
This song is sooooooooooo good and is a Top 3 material at Eurovision

Well It has potential perhaps, but like with Mørlands last song, it doesn't grip me at all. The verse and chorus doesn't fit together...but that hasn't stopped Norway sending a song to ESC (2016...), so I wouldn't be surprised if it is in the top 3 in MGP at least. But doing well in ESC...that I doubt...

Gera11
15th January 2018, 16:46
Ok, finally had time to check all the songs.

Alejandro's Tengo Otra is super hot xheat

Also, Tom Hugo as in "Open up your eyes" Tom Hugo? :o Shame this song isn't as strong as that one.

Rebecca's "Who we are" is kinda hot too.

Overall a nice, but not extraordinary NF. Seems to continue the MGP tradition from the last years. Aaaand I hate to admit, but Alexander's song is one of the strongest even if it is such a dissapointment >.>

JonnyWest
15th January 2018, 17:01
Charla K – Stop The Music I like the gospel touch but the song is not very memorable I'm afraid
Alejandro Fuentes – Tengo Otra: 2nd spanish song in a NF I listen in just one day xheat I prefer the one from Armenia but it's still a nice addition to the line-up
Aleksander Walmann – Talk To The Hand: don't care for it, it's nice I guess. But I don't want him to return so soon
Stella (Mwangi) and Alexandra – You Got Me this song reminds me a lot of another one but I can't remember right now. Anyway is great to have Stella ''Minaj'' Mwangi back :lol: the song is decent imo, tho a bit repetitive
Vidar Villa – Moren Din (Your Mother) decent attempt, but not really my style
Tom Hugo – I like I Like I Like Justin Timberlake rip-off... absolute bye xpuke
Ida Maria – Scandilove :lol: u know what, I actually like it! it's not a winner but at least is fun
Rebecca – Who We Are disappointing since it came from Morland...
Nicoline – Light Me Up Meeeeh don't care for it
Alexander Rybak – That’s How You Write A Song First: great to have Alexander back! Second: given the low level of this NF this is actually my favorite xheat I really don't think it's as bad as some people say, but it does remind me of another certain song :lol: :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2qEhGeLb6A

All in all, just like in the past years, I'm disappointed with Norway :( they need to go back to the level they had prior to 2015, the past few years have been really weak ...

Sammy
15th January 2018, 17:02

http://rs1208.pbsrc.com/albums/cc368/EunDara/Brian%20Joo%20and%20Bi%20Rain/BRIAN02-1.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop
xheart

May I just add a little french flavor here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4FamibkUH4

Fierro
15th January 2018, 17:03
JonnyWest Jesssica Lange xbow I love that song btw

JonnyWest
15th January 2018, 17:04
JonnyWest Jesssica Lange xbow I love that song btw

Me toooo xheartxheartxheart

JonnyWest
15th January 2018, 17:13
Ok just came back here to say that Rybak's song is brilliant and if there's any justice he will win MGP xoxo

kjetil
15th January 2018, 17:14
I'm really disappointed tbh. The only songs I really like are Scandilove and You Got Me. I hope one of them wins!

Anthony Tesla
15th January 2018, 17:30
I... actually like Rybak's song... it is cheesy, corny, but... after listen to the rest of the songs, it's the one still echoing in my mind.

Fierro
15th January 2018, 17:37
Ok Rybak's song is growing on me but I still don't want him

Gera11
15th January 2018, 17:39
Ok Rybak's song is growing on me but I still don't want him

ikr it's annoyingly catchy gahhhhhhhhhhh ; stop iitttt xrofl2

RainyWoods
15th January 2018, 18:00

https://media.giphy.com/media/g7ZlV1riFzVHW/giphy.gif

Such a lush choice of talk to the hand gifs we have available. I can't stop listening to this bop. Such a just one more play kind of song, and then before you know it, you've just spammed it 6 or 7 times in a row.

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 18:02
I don´t have the feeling I had with Amor Pelos Does on any of these songs and I am not super impressed. I feel like maybe they got too hung up in having the more famous names/songwriters, which is a good thing. But I am just scared that some big names can have been taking spots of something that possibly could have been amazing, if you understand what I mean?

Rybaks song is cheesy as sh*t, but in some weird way I kinda like it to. Nothing I want to send to Eurovision though.
Ida Maria is a good singer, but sadly this song is simply not my cup of tea. It kinda annoys me.
Like Rybaks song, Tom Hugos song is a bit to cheesy for me.
You Got Me by Stella and Alexandra is okay, but not one of my favorites.
I think I have already made it clear how I feel about Vidar Villas song earlier in this thread. :lol:
Don´t really have an opinion on Alejandros song.

Charla K, Alexander W, Rebecca and Nicoline is definitely my favorites here, but I am not super blown away by this selection. I feel like many of the songs sounds alike and none of them really stands out and gives me a really winner feeling. With this said, I think I want either Alexander W to go to Eurovision again or Rebecca with Mørlands song. I think I have to listen more to Charla and Nicoline.
But will Norway win in Lisbon? Probably not.

(This is just my opinion on the songs btw).

ScarlettGirl
15th January 2018, 18:13
I also wish to add that even though these songs might not be my favorites, I still think that Stig Karlsen is doing a better job than JFK. I saw him in an interview yesterday and it´s clear that he genuinely cares about Eurovision and wants to do a good job. not saying that JFK didn't´t want that either, but my point is I think he actually cares. I liked the fact that he actually listened to the fans and released the songs inn full length right away. This is something that many have requested for a long time. I also like the fact that he got so many good songwriters to join the team and so many people to come back to MGP, even though I think many of the songs sounds too generic and equal. Maybe next year they can take a little bigger risks when it comes to choosing songs. :)

Anyway, thank you Stig xrunhug

VikingTiger
15th January 2018, 18:34
I dont know what to think about this selection of songs. There are no really bad songs, and the productions all seem to be well done. I don't think these are typical "MGP-songs". But none of the songs really caught my attention on the first listening.
But - I am not all positive about this years MGP.

Rybak's song is annoying, and when he starts that "shu-bi-duh-bi"-part I cringe... Because in general I do when such "frases" are added to songs to give it groove (or whatever might be the reason....).
Ida Maria; well, the lyrics are xbutt.....cant listen to this one....

I guess one of my favourites is Alejandro; because this is the kind of music I normally listen to - even though the song should have a much better hook in the refrain, this is not too easy to remember.

I can't help but liking "Moren Din" - the lyrics...!! xrofl

I am also curious to see and hear the live versions of Who we Are and You Got Me.

DaFlo
15th January 2018, 18:37
I strongly dislike seeing the same artist two years in a row buuuuutt...

Who cares, am officially joining the "Talk To The Hand" hype train, issa bop. xlisten2 xdance

Also like You Got Me & Scandilove. Whole NF is kinda funny haaaa. xblessyouNorway

ChrisOL
15th January 2018, 18:42
I am really really disappointed, Rybak's song is so weak and dated and the other songs are rather "meh" too... There is no song with instant appeal and therefore no song I would actually vote for.

EscGeek
15th January 2018, 19:34
This is BY FAR my favorite selection of the season! xheat

Alexander Rybak is my favorite...his song has ALL the components to become my winner 2018...it's freaking amazing x12s xfruit

Ida Maria is also out of this world holy sh.... Now that i know how to write a song, i also want to learn if i can make love like scandinavian..:mrgreen: This can also easily be in my top 5 x12s xsponge

Stella & Alexandra are amazing! btw, I'm the guy who can't stand "Haba Haba".. it is dead last in my 2011 top.. but of course this song is completely different and TOTALLY MY PREFERRED style...YEEEEEAH xheya

I really looove Aleksander Walmann too...

I also want to mention Vidar Villa and Tom Hugo

Don't disappoint me like ::fi did last year xpray

Romeo
15th January 2018, 19:51
ALEJANDRO FUENTES – “TENGO OTRA”
LOVE THIS! This could do very well

ALEKSANDER WALMANN – “TALK TO THE HAND”
Couldn't listen all the way through, its bad!

ALEXANDER RYBAK – “THAT’S HOW YOU WRITE A SONG”
No, that is not how you write a song! This is the worst song up to now

CHARLA K – “STOP THE MUSIC”
Zzzzzzz... Boring, not a fan at all. The best part is the "oooohooohooo"

IDA MARIA — “SCANDILOVE”
Oh dear god... why does Norway hate music this year?!?! Fun song, not awful, could have been released in 1999

NICOLINE – “LIGHT ME UP”
Okay this starts off well. I think it needs to be a bit faster in parts, but this is good. I like this a lot

REBECCA – “WHO WE ARE”
This has potential but it fails to go anywhere. I lie... It picks up... I think I'll like this one

STELLA & ALEXANDRA – “YOU GOT ME”
Okay, I was not expecting to like this but I really do!! It's happy, fun, energetic... I don't know it's potential in ESC but I like it a a lot!!!!

TOM HUGO – “I LIKE I LIKE I LIKE”
I don't like it. it's not origainal, its not appealing to me... just no

VIDAR VILLA – “MOREN DIN”
I actually quite like this. It's fun has energy. Don't see it doing well in ESC but I like this

So for me... My favourite is:
ALEJANDRO FUENTES – “TENGO OTRA”
followed by
STELLA & ALEXANDRA – “YOU GOT ME”

aef
15th January 2018, 21:36
OMG what a shitty Rybak comeback!! :? :? What's the aim of his song? It feels like a really bad attempt to do something like "Love Love, Peace Peace"....

Hands up for Aleksander Walmann and "Talk to the Hand" though!!! x12s By far my clear favourite out of the line-up! I'm feeling such positive vibes... xlisten2 Somehow brings back Madcon - Glow memories...?! :lol: I can see big potential for staging...

I strongly dislike seeing the same artist two years in a row buuuuutt...

Who cares, am officially joining the "Talk To The Hand" hype train, issa bop. xlisten2 xdance

Boy you seem to have a really good taste of music! xcheers I remember having almost the same NF favourites like you last season so lets bring this hype train forward again!! :lol:

DaFlo
15th January 2018, 21:48
Boy you seem to have a really good taste of music! xcheers I remember having almost the same NF favourites like you last season so lets bring this hype train forward again!! :lol:

Yes that hype train is strong #dreamteam
I've seen you having same fav as me in another NF as well already haha France I think (Paradis, but live was bad unfortunately) :lol:

Sammy
15th January 2018, 22:04
OMG what a shitty Rybak comeback!! :? :? What's the aim of his song? It feels like a really bad attempt to do something like "Love Love, Peace Peace"....
xup
I'm also very disappointed. When you have such a big victory to defend, you better have a damn good song, instead of this. (though i wouldn't call it shitty. :lol:)
I think we'll get another angry instagram-message from him like when his group didn't make it in Belarus.

EscGeek
15th January 2018, 23:17
no love for Rybak here huh?

rybak's youtube channel has the video with 94,38 % of likes
"eurovision fan community" gave him 47,96% of likes on youtube
come on, guys :lol:

CPV4931
15th January 2018, 23:19
I like most of the songs in this NF, again Melodi Grand Prix seems to be one of the strongest NFs of the season.
But so far my #1 definitley is "Scandilove" :-)

Sean
15th January 2018, 23:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocXhOl1wSfQ

Where did it all go so wrong, Norway?

Mrm
16th January 2018, 00:34
I have listened to all entries...and have to say that level for me is a bit low...in general..but I love 3 entries based on studio version, not sure yet in which order:

«Tengo Otra» - Alejandro Fuentes
«Stop the Music» - Charla K
«You Got Me» - Stella og Alexandra

I'm afraid if any other wins, will be quite low on my ESC list for 2018, depends of course on other countries' entries..

Mrm
16th January 2018, 00:38
I have decided after second listen..I want Charla K to Lisbon with "Stop the Music"!!

I hope it will be sung well live..it has fantastic structure and backings sound really good, I have a feeling it can do Maria Haukas Storeng 2008, with good staging.. :)

Franzilein
16th January 2018, 00:44
Aleks has one of the smoothest voices I've ever heard, glad to see him back, and with such a cool, rhythmic song as well! Norway please? xrose

theditz83
16th January 2018, 01:01
Vidar Villa is the only one I feel that I want to hear again - the others didn't leave a massive impression on me... xshrug

QwaarJet
16th January 2018, 01:37
I actually hate to admit it, but Rybak's song is a massive earworm. I actually quite like it now. I think this may be just the fan community expecting one thing and getting another. The Norwegian public might not feel the same way.

Gera11
16th January 2018, 03:11
no love for Rybak here huh?

rybak's youtube channel has the video with 94,38 % of likes
"eurovision fan community" gave him 47,96% of likes on youtube
come on, guys :lol:

Some fans of Alexander, including myself, are kind of puzzled with this entry. It's very unlike him. Can't deny it's kinda catchy tho (albeit very cheesy and dated). He also gets blind support for every song or post from a part of the fanbase so the 94% isn't really realistic tbh.

Kaz
16th January 2018, 05:14
None of these do anything for me...man, as each NF passes, I get more and more tempted to say that Festivali i Kenges had the strongest selection of songs this year!

EscGeek
16th January 2018, 06:13
Some fans of Alexander, including myself, are kind of puzzled with this entry. It's very unlike him. Can't deny it's kinda catchy tho (albeit very cheesy and dated). He also gets blind support for every song or post from a part of the fanbase so the 94% isn't really realistic tbh.

but if he did Fairlytale 2.0 i don't think fans would be that happy either

LastDreamer
16th January 2018, 08:10
For the first time I don't like any ::no MGP songs. :(

GlamSIMorous
16th January 2018, 08:13
I am not a huge fan of the line-up this year, no real stand-out in there except for one girl that I really love: Rebecca with "Who we are", absolutely splendid entry. Love the voice, the rhythm. I hope she wins. Its a little christmas-y, but I dont find that bad at all. Its so beautiful. Other good entries would be: Charla K, Stella and Alexandra.

I hope the fandom doesnt make Rybak win, I am always so scared when previous winners or contestants come back, that people will completely fall for it just because of the artist. But Loreen didnt make the final last year, so my hopes are high.

Kitakaze
16th January 2018, 11:36
No no no. Extremely disappointed with the line up again this year. What is going on? Where is the darkness and the melancholy that Norway does so well? These 10 songs are all similar shades of yellow, forgettable nothingness. Not only is there a lack of musical diversity represented here, there's no drama with any of these songs. I will be rooting (in vain) for Vidar Villa as it's the only one that actually leaves a lasting impression.

ScarlettGirl
16th January 2018, 12:52
Aleks has one of the smoothest voices I've ever heard, glad to see him back, and with such a cool, rhythmic song as well! Norway please? xrose

I think we will either send Mr. Walmann, Rebecca or Charla K to Lisbon.
I wonder how Rybak will react if he doesn't´t win :lol:

elanyvx
16th January 2018, 13:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SixPA1jhynE

ScarlettGirl
16th January 2018, 14:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SixPA1jhynE

I have actually started to like it, but I have a feeling it will end up as a NQ if we send it. :lol: Unlike some of the other songs, I feel like his is standing out a little at least. It´s different.
Anyway, I think I am going to follow Alexanders songwriting tips and next year I will represent Norway with a fabulous song about unicorns, candy and pizza. :mrgreen:

Sammy
16th January 2018, 16:23
I gave Alexander a second chance, because it is somehow unfair to judge the song on the bases of "Fairytale". (which is why I won't compare them from now on).
So, here are my thoughts.
This is far better than many songs in the current season. Belarus could just jump for joy, if he'd run for them and he would win easily their NF. It is well produced, it has ear worm-quality and it has good vibes. Very professional. What I don't like is the shooby-doo-bap-pap-part which reminds me too much of King Louis Number in the Junglebook. It somehow annoys me, can't tell why (because I actually like the song in the film)

But is this the song I want Norway to compete with in Lisbon? I'm not so sure about it.

revallsay
16th January 2018, 18:21
Here are my thought about the songs

Alejandro Fuentes - Tengo otra
I undertsand why he submitted this song to ESC. Nowadays latin songs become more and more popular. This one could be a radio hit, it is very radio-friendly. Maybe this is a key to success this year? This could easily be song by Louis Fonsi, Maluma or Enrique. I really like this song. 8/10

Aleksander Walmann - Talk to the Hand
This one starts really nicely and gets better and better! I really see this in Lisbon, it's a great radio hit. It will look nice on stage with a dances and lights and visuals. I see a big hand on a screen behind him. Norway should dowith Aleksander again, as this would be TOP10 easily. 10/10

Alexander Rybak - That's How You Write A Song
Song I was the most excited for. Fairytale was a great winning one. This is just there, another song in the NF. It's very bland, I can't find a climax. Violin isn't as great as it was in Fairytale. I have a feeing he tried to compose a song like New Rules meets Uptown Funk with random violin bits and "I am happy so I sing" parts. I hope he doesn't go. I wanted to skip it on a second listen in the middle, but I was typing, so it stayed... 3/10

Charla K - Stop the Music
Someone's been inspired by Sam Smith. Someone's not Sam Smith and it is what is it. I don't even know what to write and think about this song. It's not hate-hate, it's like. It's something between 'I have no feeling' and 'I don't like it'. The song was just recorded. Nothing out-of-oridinary. I don't think it could qualify. Maybe like 9th or 10th in a week year. 2/10.

Ida Maria - Scandilove
Another non-qualifier. This is a typical Eurovison National Final song that will be lost somewhere in the botton. I can't believe how annoying and bad it is. That 'spekin' at the end is so dated, like 2006 Fergie hit. It's 2018. 1/10

Nicoline - Light Me Up
Her style reminds me of Margaret's. The song is nice, they have worse songs. This one is there, is ok, but it's not catchy. It may be forgotten. But as I said, it's ok. 6/10

Rebecca - Who We Are
Yawn... another dull ballad. 2/10

Stella & Alexandra - You Got Me
This sounds like a cheap song that could be used to promote a TV series from 2002. What's up Norway? Really? It has some nice moments and overall it's listenable - you'll listen and then you forget and won't come back. I am not sure if this kind of rap is still in. I can't see the stage looking decently. It would be very kitchy and messy. 4/10

Tom Hugo - I Like I Like I Like
Have no feelings and thoughts. You can listen to it. A cheap version of Robin Thicke or Justin Timberlake. A song. What more can I say? 5/10

Vidar Villa - Moren din
I could say the same as about the previous song except he is not trying to be Robin or Justin. 5/10

1. Aleksander Walmann - Talk to the Hand
2. Alejandro Fuentes - Tengo otra
3. Nicoline - Light Me Up
4. Vidar Villa - Moren din
5. Tom Hugo - I Like I Like I Like
6. Stella & Alexandra - You Got Me
7. Alexander Rybak - That's How You Write A Song
8. Charla K - Stop the Music
9. Rebecca - Who We Are
10. Ida Maria - Scandilove

NNR
16th January 2018, 23:48
I actually think Norway has a really good selection this year, out of the 10 songs they're all pretty good imo. Aleksander has to be my winner though.

Great:
Talk to the Hand
Light Me Up

Good:
That's How You Write A Song
Stop The Music

Okay:
You Got Me
Scandilove
Moren Din

Smack bang average:
Who We Are
I Like I Like I Like

Poor:
Tengo Otra

Mrm
16th January 2018, 23:51
Nina Petkovic already tried for Serbia & Montenegro several times, she is from Operation triumph which was here in Belgarde for whole Ex Yugoslavia. The same season where Vukasin Brajc was (B&H 2010). She is pop rock

Lorena Jankovic is very young, she is from talent show Pinkove zvezdice (for kids) also here in Belgrade very popular competition (adults watch it as well as kids) cause kids sing songs of grown artists. She sung many songs of Jelena Tomasevic who was also in jury, Milan Stankovic was in jury too. She has similar vocal to Jelena Tomasevic.

Ivana Popovic Martinovic is typical pop singer..from early 00s..she sung in several festivals in Budva, Herceg Novi, and has beaten No name once (as a shock winner)..

Katarina Bogicevic is from “Talent” also in Belgrade, and also young..i remember she sung very good there as kid, later she was actress in series “Folk” and acted a singer, very important role and popular drama series here..

I haven’t heard for Vanja Radovanovic earlier, but now I checked him, he sings very slow ballads it seems..

Sean
16th January 2018, 23:52
Nina Petkovic already tried for Serbia & Montenegro several times, she is from Operation triumph which was here in Belgarde for whole Ex Yugoslavia. The same season where Vukasin Brajc was (B&H 2010). She is pop rock

Lorena Jankovic is very young, she is from talent show Pinkove zvezdice (for kids) also here in Belgrade very popular competition (adults watch it as well as kids) cause kids sing songs of grown artists. She sung many songs of Jelena Tomasevic who was also in jury, Milan Stankovic was in jury too. She has similar vocal to Jelena Tomasevic.

Ivana Popovic Martinovic is typical pop singer..from early 00s..she sung in several festivals in Budva, Herceg Novi, and has beaten No name once (as a shock winner)..

Katarina Bogicevic is from “Talent” also in Belgrade, and also young..i remember she sung very good there as kid, later she was actress in series “Folk” and acted a singer, very important role and popular drama series here..

I haven’t heard for Vanja Radovanovic earlier, but now I checked him, he sings very slow ballads it seems..

I think you need the Montenegro thread :lol:

Mrm
16th January 2018, 23:54
I think you need the Montenegro thread :lol:

Thanks.. :lol: I'm sorry..

LesterMalvo
17th January 2018, 10:50
I had no sympathy for Rybak's song earlier but it is starting to grow on me. Knowing his other works similar to that one such as Fela Igjen or Oah, or maybe Leave Me Alone, however, this song does not get to stand out much. I haven't heard any other MGP entry but I will be watching Norway's national selection this year. The stage performance will determine if Rybak's song is a good candidate for Norway this year, and for Eurovision, or not.

EscGeek
17th January 2018, 14:10
I'm still processing how good this NF isxshock

I have "That's How You Write A Song" on loop all the time! The extended version, of course, for that extra 30 seconds... :lol:

Ida Maria is fantastic! I looked her up and music like hers should be mainstream! 8-) xrockout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkVy2FeqIyc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Z-e2DEK6o
"Swim in the ocean, feel the emoition, it's fuckin' FRRRREEEEzing!"xheya

Stella can rap good and fast, Alexandra has a pleasant voice that fits perfectly to that early 2000s sounding masterpiece

"Talk to the Hand" left a much better first impression than "Grab the moment" which i also enjoy xlisten2

I also love Vidar Villa, though the language doesn't do any favors in this case (i usually don't complain, but if you want us to laugh with you, we need to understand the context)

go ::no! xcheer
how about you pick my favorite for a change? Don't be like other scandinavians :twisted:xheat

ScarlettGirl
17th January 2018, 21:20
I wrote a review over the songs. If anybody wants to check it out, I would be very happy :) Please have in mind that this is just my personal opinions :)

Here´s the link (https://ktendril.wixsite.com/musicvision/blog/mgp-2018-review-of-the-songs)

aef
17th January 2018, 22:56
I actually hate to admit it, but Rybak's song is a massive earworm. I actually quite like it now. I think this may be just the fan community expecting one thing and getting another. The Norwegian public might not feel the same way.

I really don't understand why almost everyone here is calling this an earworm...?? I wouldn't mind Rybak having a cheesy and fun song but this one is just one huge mess in my opinion. As I said before I don't get the aim - joke entry? serious one?... etc. It somehow feels like a wannabe hit... But it's just a mess - especially the jungle book/ UK 2015 part... :rolleyes: xdoh

I feel like some might not say anything bad about it just because it's a Rybak song...

I have "That's How You Write A Song" on loop all the time! The extended version, of course, for that extra 30 seconds... :lol:

OMG really xdoh Why haha... Why do you like it? I want to get the point of it haha

EscGeek
17th January 2018, 23:11
OMG really xdoh Why haha... Why do you like it? I want to get the point of it haha
eeeeeeeeeeverything!

-the funky bass lines
-the electric guitar
-the violin
-the lyrics
-the positivity in the music video it cures depression
-the care free attitude
-scat singing
-his voice (i know in advance he can sing live)
-the dance moves

xdance

Mrm
17th January 2018, 23:44
Stella Mwangi reminds me of Nicki Minaj in the song "You Got Me"! :lol:

I love this entry! :D

EscGeek

Do you like "You got me"?

Did you like "Haba Haba" back then?

tuorem
17th January 2018, 23:52
EscGeek

Stella & Alexandra are amazing! btw, I'm the guy who can't stand "Haba Haba".. it is dead last in my 2011 top.. but of course this song is completely different and TOTALLY MY PREFERRED style...YEEEEEAH xheya

:mrgreen:

Mrm
17th January 2018, 23:53
:mrgreen:

LOL ok, thanks! :lol:

And what about you?

EscGeek
17th January 2018, 23:54
Stella Mwangi reminds me of Nicki Minaj in the song "You Got Me"! :lol:

I love this entry! :D

EscGeek

I'm so hyped about this NF that i wrote two reviews... apparently not enough for you xbeee xhmmm xrollinglol

http://escunited.com/forum/threads/16131-NORWAY-2018?p=1765231&viewfull=1#post1765231
http://escunited.com/forum/threads/16131-NORWAY-2018?p=1765492&viewfull=1#post1765492

tuorem
17th January 2018, 23:55
LOL ok, thanks! :lol:

And what about you?

Sorry for interfering as I remembered EscGeek 's post. :D I didn't like "Haba Haba" either :lol:

Mrm
17th January 2018, 23:58
I'm so hyped about this NF that i wrote two reviews... apparently not enough for you xbeee xhmmm xrollinglol

http://escunited.com/forum/threads/16131-NORWAY-2018?p=1765231&viewfull=1#post1765231
http://escunited.com/forum/threads/16131-NORWAY-2018?p=1765492&viewfull=1#post1765492

hahaha I'm sorry there are many comments in short period in this thread, I was lazy to read all of them! :lol:

Now you will be even more angry at me, cause my fave is and I want to win - CHARLA K – “STOP THE MUSIC”!! :p

EscGeek
18th January 2018, 00:03
hahaha I'm sorry there are many comments in short period in this thread, I was lazy to read all of them! :lol:

Now you will be even more angry at me, cause my fave is and I want to win - CHARLA K – “STOP THE MUSIC”!! :p
don't worry, i'll stop her music alright8-)

Mrm
18th January 2018, 00:10
EscGeek

This is my top 3 and I don't allow anybody else to win!! :p

1. Chalr K - "Stop the music"
3. Stella & Alexandra -"You got me"

EscGeek
18th January 2018, 00:14
EscGeek

This is my top 3 and I don't allow anybody else to win!! :p

1. Chalr K - "Stop the music"
3. Stella & Alexandra -"You got me"

You need a tutorial on how to write a song and make love like a scandinavian.
Knowledge is power. France is Bacon xbike

cripesdude
18th January 2018, 12:49
Just had a first (and then second) listen... the following stood out for me:

Tango Otra - enjoyed this, well produced, very much well timed with the current reggaeton-pop/latin influence in the charts, best shot at a top ten finish for me

Stop The Music - might be my favourite of the bunch, a well put together pop ballad, but possible a bit slow/subtle to stand out (although that depends on the performance and other songs)

Scandilove - I both hated this and enjoyed it, possibly risky and a bit dated and cliched, but could stand out, not my pick though

You Got Me - bit of a surprise, a little tacky and forgettable, but equally fun and could have a great performance

Light Me Up - perfectly fine, but that's all, I liked it, but it's nothing new, not sure this will translate well live, catchy chorus though

Moren Din - nice enough, and always refreshing to have a non-English song, rides a Of Monster And Men vibe, but doesn't stick in my head

Top three:
1. Tango Otra
2. Stop The Music
3. You Got Me

henhu
19th January 2018, 22:11
Talk To The Hand is my absolute favourite, although it started working for me from the second listen. Lyrics are brilliant in my opinion and I have listened it so many times in repeat now :D could have been 20 seconds longer - ends too quickly.

Matt
20th January 2018, 08:29
In case you've been following our videos, here is mine for Norway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td6s8UhvSrw

FilipFromSweden
20th January 2018, 19:03
Alexander should defo win

blue00eyes
20th January 2018, 21:01
A. Walmann is winning this.

Franco
21st January 2018, 19:06
Scandilove for the win. At least it's fun.

Kairit
21st January 2018, 23:12
I definetly like this year's MGP a lot more than last year's. I genuinely enjoy all of these songs and I can see them growing on me even more.

My ranking:

1. Rebecca - Who We Are ... An epic electropop ballad done right, the whole thing really works for me. xheart And it could be really stunning if she nails the live... I hope it'll be the one to send.
2. Aleksander Walmann - Talk To The Hand ... It needed a 2nd listen to really grow on me as well, but I definetly like this more than his last year's entry. That chorus is killer!!! Can't get enough.
3. Vidar Villa - Moren Din ... LOL. It's a bit creepy, but a warm joyful little tune by itself. Something I'd actually put in my playlist for sure and want to come back to, if I didn't know the lyrics hahahahaha.
4. Ida Maria - Scandilove ... Again, what is this :lol: Major teen 90s pop flashbacks. But it stands out, 'interesting' really works for me here. It's dumb yet humorous in not a totally cringe way, literally laughed out loud throughout the song when I first listened to it ... Low-key really want you to send this as a troll entry, Norway. Won't happen, but I can dream :mrgreen:
5. Charla K - Stop The Music ... I like it, undoubtedly it's a very professional entry. Very lovely, but also ultimately that might be it's downfall for me, as the impression it leaves is a bit too vanilla and thus boring. There's not much that really stands out, even though it's a strong entry and I wouldn't mind it winning.
6. Alexander Rybak - That's How You Write A Song ... I hope he's trolling lmao. I mean, it's fun, I like it, but ... again it's so dumb :lol: And sounds like a Junior Eurovision entry, really. Plus points for not being boring though.
7. Stella & Alexandra - You Got Me ... Definetly... gets me moving? I don't mind this at all. It's catchy. And I do like the melody in the chorus a lot, makes me happy. Just gets annoying after a short while ... There's a bit too much energy throughout the whole song.
8. Tom Hugo - I Like I Like I Like ... Great, effective, summery chorus. But it's all this has got going for it. Not a bad choice for just 3 minutes of air-time for a first time listen... yet definetly not good for repetitive listens.
9. Alejandro Fuentes - Tengo Otra ... I enjoy it. Not a bad song for this genre, it fulfills it's purpose quite well. But doesn't leave enough of an impact, I'm afraid. One of the only songs that I don't want to come back to on my own.
10. Nicoline - Light Me Up ..Too uninspired feelingless tiring radio pop for my taste. But the chorus is quite catchy, it grows on you in the last 3rd of the song, even if it's not enough.

MyHeartIsYours
22nd January 2018, 01:07
Well I wasn't expecting a come back by Alexander Rybak lol. What a shame it's with such a dated and horrible song :( "Fairytale" is one of Eurovision's greats, and now this? I don't know why, he's had decent songs since Eurovision but chose to come back with this?!? If he wins I think it will be because of the name.

Not a great national final but I do like Alejandro (even thoug Norway is the last country I would associate with this song lol) it's got a nice Latin sound and doesn't come across as a total cheap-wannabe immitation of big Latin songs either.

QwaarJet
25th January 2018, 00:37
Well I wasn't expecting a come back by Alexander Rybak lol. What a shame it's with such a dated and horrible song :( "Fairytale" is one of Eurovision's greats, and now this? I don't know why, he's had decent songs since Eurovision but chose to come back with this?!? If he wins I think it will be because of the name.

Not a great national final but I do like Alejandro (even thoug Norway is the last country I would associate with this song lol) it's got a nice Latin sound and doesn't come across as a total cheap-wannabe immitation of big Latin songs either.

If Rybak wins it'll be because the song is popular. How often to returning Eurovision names actually maintain any popularity?

MyHeartIsYours
25th January 2018, 01:05
If Rybak wins it'll be because the song is popular. How often to returning Eurovision names actually maintain any popularity?
Not always, though returning artists do return to Eurovision relatively frequently (usually meaning they have been selected during the NF), and almost always they return with a weaker song. Alexander Rybak is so memorable too, and in a weak selection field like MGP (not exactly MF is it) and from a country that I don't think expects to win every year, I think the name could carry him :)

I really like him and would like him to come back (he is one of my favourite winners) I'm just disappointed he didn't do it with something more like his old stuff "Roll With the Wind" or "Europe's Skies".

revallsay
25th January 2018, 18:35
I made a video of my top:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8by8Gi6xG0Y&feature=youtu.be

Mrm
27th January 2018, 19:29
Alejandro Fuentes - "Tengo Otra" is infectious and extremely catchy...I xpray he will be good live...

QwaarJet
28th January 2018, 00:42
Not always, though returning artists do return to Eurovision relatively frequently (usually meaning they have been selected during the NF), and almost always they return with a weaker song. Alexander Rybak is so memorable too, and in a weak selection field like MGP (not exactly MF is it) and from a country that I don't think expects to win every year, I think the name could carry him :)

I really like him and would like him to come back (he is one of my favourite winners) I'm just disappointed he didn't do it with something more like his old stuff "Roll With the Wind" or "Europe's Skies".

I think that is part of the problem. People expect certain things from his music. He hasn't changed his act at all. Now he is doing something completely different and that has taken Eurovision fans (myself included) some time to get used to. But this has been very well received outside the bubble, so don't rule him out of another god result at ESC if he gets through.

LesterMalvo
28th January 2018, 22:15
https://i.imgur.com/vrC88fP.png

Experienced eurovision participants are helping out national final competitors

EscGeek
28th January 2018, 22:17
Experienced eurovision participants are helping out national final competitors
good one xrofl3

lavieenrose
31st January 2018, 05:20
I listened to the songs by clicking on what was suggested by the sidebar after I finished each song, so it's entirely possible that I just missed a few songs. Or at least I hope that's what happened because this lineup is dire. Rybak is my favorite, I think, because his song is just okay. I don't even like the two other Eurovision vets' songs. It's kind of sad because Norway and I really did have a good thing going: I've enjoyed every one of their entries at least somewhat since 2011 inclusive. Oh well. Still wishing ::no all the best, even if it'll come with a song I can't get behind.

Mrm
1st February 2018, 19:04
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OlWqsr6uTZM/maxresdefault.jpg

Charla K, go for trophy!! xyes

EscGeek
1st February 2018, 19:22
Mrm

I propose a compromise.. soooo Vidar Villa or Tom Hugo? I'm very flexible for this year's mgp:D

Mrm
1st February 2018, 19:30
Mrm

I propose a compromise.. soooo Vidar Villa or Tom Hugo? I'm very flexible for this year's mgp:D

WHAT?? These two outsiders! :o You must be INSANE! NEVER! :mrgreen:

EscGeek
1st February 2018, 19:35
WHAT?? These two outsiders! :o You must be INSANE! NEVER! :mrgreen:
Stella & Alexandra it is! 8-)xpokerface

Mrm
1st February 2018, 19:38
Stella & Alexandra it is! 8-)xpokerface

Hmmmmmm xhmm.................................. we agree.. :D

VikingTiger
1st February 2018, 21:37
On youtube my two favourites have gotten by far the most views!! xballon

Rebecca and Alejandro Fuentes!

I do expect Rebecca to win though... I have a feeling she is pretty impressive live.

Mrm
10th February 2018, 15:53
VikingTiger

If Charla K can't win it! xcry1 xcry1 xcry1

Do you think my 2nd fave - Alejandro Fuentes can take the trophy?

If that annoying Rebecca flies Norwegian flag in Lisbon, I will detest Norwegian entry! :( I don't want that to happen..she is irritating as hell.. xpuke

EscGeek
10th February 2018, 16:18
If that annoying Rebecca flies Norwegian flag in Lisbon, I will detest Norwegian entry! :( I don't want that to happen..she is irritating as hell.. xpuke
same here.. her song is the worst! xyaaay

::no needs to send Stella & Alexandra so we can both enjoy:D

VikingTiger
10th February 2018, 20:26
@VikingTiger (http://escunited.com/forum/member.php?u=4721)

If Charla K can't win it! xcry1 xcry1 xcry1

Do you think my 2nd fave - Alejandro Fuentes can take the trophy?

I put my money on Rebecca... and I will be fine with her! If she is doing a vocal performance that I expect her to, I can totally see Norway voting for her. But I would prefer Alejandro - this is the kind of music I listen to the most!
I haven't found any videos of Rebecca, so I have no idea whether she is irritating or not...

QwaarJet
10th February 2018, 22:38
On youtube my two favourites have gotten by far the most views!! xballon

Rebecca and Alejandro Fuentes!

I do expect Rebecca to win though... I have a feeling she is pretty impressive live.

Doesn't Rybak have like half a million views for his song? Or do they actually have more?

VikingTiger
11th February 2018, 01:47
Doesn't Rybak have like half a million views for his song? Or do they actually have more?

I forgot that Rybak has lots of views on his video, and other versions on YT - other that the "official" NRK versions... So you are right....
But hopefully that wont mean too much. I really would hate to see him represent Norway with that song...

QwaarJet
11th February 2018, 01:50
I forgot that Rybak has lots of views on his video, and other versions on YT - other that the "official" NRK versions... So you are right....
But hopefully that wont mean too much. I really would hate to see him represent Norway with that song...

Rybak is my favourite. Insanely catchy, well put together entry. Likely to have more appeal outside the fan bubble, but I understand the dislike. But the more I listen to Rebecca, the more I love it. If she beat Rybak, I wouldn't complain about that at all. Would be a strong entry for Norway.

EscGeek
11th February 2018, 01:52
Rybak is my favourite.
you're on my musical side again xcheers
xrofl

QwaarJet
11th February 2018, 01:58
you're on my musical side again xcheers
xrofl

Must take notes to not do that often...but cheers for now! xcheers

VikingTiger
11th February 2018, 01:59
Rybak is my favourite. Insanely catchy, well put together entry. Likely to have more appeal outside the fan bubble, but I understand the dislike. But the more I listen to Rebecca, the more I love it. If she beat Rybak, I wouldn't complain about that at all. Would be a strong entry for Norway.

I dont mind Rybak, not at all. It's the song I dont care for. It's not a horrible or even a bad song, but these kinds of songs just dont do it for me: Too happy, too cheerful.. The lyrics are oh so simple - but not in a cute or fun way....and when the sha-ba-da-ba part sets in - well, dont even get me started on that X-OI

I do see your point though - Rybak and his song would probably be a sure qualifier in Lisboa, and could get a very decent result.

Hayato
14th February 2018, 00:56
Tbh, Moren Din is the best here. Shame there's no love in here for Vidar Villa. A song in Norwegian again, please. And funny too. I love it.
I know i'm probably alone in thinking this, but it is roughly 300 times better than Rybak's song :lol: No doubt he'll win anyway.

Anyway, Norway always has good songs, but the best one's often seem to get overlooked, like Afterglow for that bland Icebreaker song.
That was rather criminal IMO.

Ringdalen
19th February 2018, 10:43
Going to be on NRK P1's radio talking about Eurovision today xheat

elanyvx
19th February 2018, 12:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44UPZ20k0zM

ZoboCamel
19th February 2018, 13:48
Tbh, Moren Din is the best here. Shame there's no love in here for Vidar Villa. A song in Norwegian again, please. And funny too. I love it.
I know i'm probably alone in thinking this, but it is roughly 300 times better than Rybak's song :lol: No doubt he'll win anyway.

Anyway, Norway always has good songs, but the best one's often seem to get overlooked, like Afterglow for that bland Icebreaker song.
That was rather criminal IMO.

I'm not a particularly huge fan of any of the songs on offer here, but I'll join your Moren Din hype train if you want xheat

I'd say the Norwegian selection this year is fairly beige for the most part, with a lot of differing degrees of "it's okay" and "it's nice" without anything spectacular. While I don't mind the entries from Alexander/Aleksander, I would definitely be happy to see an upbeat, quirky, comedic song in Norwegian take the ticket to Eurovision - so yes, huge shock win from Vidar Villa please~

JonnyWest
20th February 2018, 17:54
I hope Norway doesn't send that boring mess ''Who we are'' :?

Ringdalen
21st February 2018, 19:19
Going to interview Vidar Villa and Alexandra & Stella next week, maybe Walmann too. Got a lot of questions ready, but are there anything you guys are wondering about? xheya

Let me know in a PM if you got something you want answered xup

Tinchey
23rd February 2018, 01:02
Rybak's song should be called: That's not how you make a comeback.
This song selection is so weak that my favourite is Tengo otra. xclap

debemaks
28th February 2018, 17:00
Can I say I don't like any of them?!?! Really... I don't know which to choose... I'm disappointed ad Norway is pratically always on my top 10.... not for sure this time...

Mrm
2nd March 2018, 00:09
EscGeek

Alesia is laughing her ass off to Rybak's entry..and she pronounced his surname as "Rajbek! xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3

EscGeek
2nd March 2018, 00:21
EscGeek

Alesia is laughing her ass off to Rybak's entry..and she pronounced his surname as "Rajbek! xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3
She seems interesting
I plan to check out her videos some time :D

Mrm
2nd March 2018, 00:22
She seems interesting
I plan to check out her videos some time :D

I did with some, I plan more though..
Funny as hell... :lol:

esc87fan
2nd March 2018, 19:19
Running order was just announced

1. Stella & Alexandra
2. Aleksander Walmann
3. Ida Maria
4. Nicoline
5. Tom Hugo
6. Charla K
7. Alejandro Fuentes
8. Vidar Villa
9. Rebecca
10. Alexander Rybak

kamc
2nd March 2018, 19:20
What a shock....the the two favourites on at the end:lol:

DanielLuis
2nd March 2018, 19:42
Alexander Rybak is a favourite? By name only, surely

EscGeek
2nd March 2018, 19:44
nope, Rxbak is a favorite because he knows how to write a song xdance

QwaarJet
2nd March 2018, 19:45
nope, Rxbak is a favorite because he knows how to write a song xdance

If only I could remember what the first step was to writing a song...

EscGeek
2nd March 2018, 19:48
If only I could remember what the first step was to writing a song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c47otcg13Z8

GianlucaTomoe
2nd March 2018, 19:51
Come on Reslécca, come onnnn xheart

Gera11
5th March 2018, 00:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbk0e_YAgOs

EscGeek
5th March 2018, 00:14
...and that's how you make a violin jam xdance xsing

anaraqueen
6th March 2018, 01:33
i love a man

JonnyWest
6th March 2018, 01:35
Other than Rybak, I have little to no interest in this NF :( MGP used to be great

Krishoes
6th March 2018, 11:33
When Norway released their songs I was completely horrified by Rybak's song and found it a disgusting disturbing mess and didn't listen to it again... till now.

And... I don't find it SO bad. The "scat" or whatever that is part still gives me a bit of stomach pain but generally it's not THAT tragic. It's ok, funny enough, a lot silly, but I think I can live with it. EscGeek perfectly used his voodoo.

http://memes.ucoz.com/_nw/42/52466346.jpg

Probably it's because we need something like "That’s how you write a song" (still, this is not how you do it) in this season. I still prefer like 4 or 5 songs in this selection (lol, this says a lot considering the level) over Rybak but I won't be a hater if this wins.

Alaska49
6th March 2018, 14:43
these weak ass songs have been out for an entire ice age WHY HAS MGP TAKEN THIS LONG

Ringdalen
6th March 2018, 14:48
"Moren Din" by Vidar Villa have now gotten a million streams on Spotify and 250k views on Youtube. xheya

Please win xpray

Hayato
6th March 2018, 15:24
"Moren Din" by Vidar Villa have now gotten a million streams on Spotify and 250k views on Youtube. xheya

Please win xpray

That would be amazing!!

EscGeek
6th March 2018, 16:12
https://i.imgflip.com/25u9dm.jpg

Realest
6th March 2018, 16:16
Can we make Love like a scandinavian xdance xdance

nunaney
6th March 2018, 17:01

Please win xpray

I hope it wins too. It's the catchiest song and it's not like the international juries will know what he's singing about.

Gera11
6th March 2018, 17:54
I wouldn't mind "Moren Din" winning, but I would prefer "Talk to the Hand" or "How to write a song" :D

AshleyWright
6th March 2018, 18:06
Moren Din or Tengo Otra would both be great, the rest i'm not too bothered about tbh.

Moren Din reminds me a bit of this from 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rEXns4ADcY

both give off those happy feel good vibes.

CPV4931
9th March 2018, 14:23
With all the hype around Sweden/MF tomorrow I almost forgot about Norway tomorrow. Will switch there after MF, hoping for Ida Maria (although her chances are not that high)

QwaarJet
9th March 2018, 14:56
Rebecca/Rybak or I riot (angrily post on a forum).

aef
9th March 2018, 15:04
Rebecca/Rybak or I riot (angrily post on a forum).

Haha I really don't get your common theme in your taste of music?? :lol:

Why Rybak?

QwaarJet
9th March 2018, 15:34
Haha I really don't get your common theme in your taste of music?? :lol:

Why Rybak?

Because I like the song? It's not usually my type of music, but it's a total earworm and smartly written. Rebecca on the other hand has a powerful emotional ballad with an important message. I love both of them.

Why does my taste have to have a "common theme"? I like good songs, pretty much irrespective of genre. I'm more inclined to ballads, ethnic music and rock/metal, and less inclined to chart pop, synth stuff,, bangers, rap and RnB. But I like almost all genres, if I think the songs are done well.

aef
9th March 2018, 15:57
Because I like the song? It's not usually my type of music, but it's a total earworm and smartly written. Rebecca on the other hand has a powerful emotional ballad with an important message. I love both of them.

Why does my taste have to have a "common theme"? I like good songs, pretty much irrespective of genre. I'm more inclined to ballads, ethnic music and rock/metal, and less inclined to chart pop, synth stuff,, bangers, rap and RnB. But I like almost all genres, if I think the songs are done well.

Ehm "becauseit's a good song" is no mature argument in any case... I was interested in the reasons for your opinion.

And yes, normally people have got certain stuff they like/ hate in songs...
l

anto475
9th March 2018, 23:29
Is there a danger that people will vote for Rybak because of who he is, rather than his guide how not to write a song?

ZoboCamel
10th March 2018, 00:06
An acoustic live performance from the one true deserving winner of tomorrow's MGP: Vidar Villa xdance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSPBmYPUiog

Nothing spectacular, but he's able to hit the notes well enough, has at least more charisma than a piece of damp cardboard and seems to have backing singers in the right places, so he's avoided some potential pitfalls. Now just to hope that he his staging and performance tomorrow are enough for the surprise win!

VikingTiger
10th March 2018, 00:11
Nothing spectacular, but he's able to hit the notes well enough, has at least more charisma than a piece of damp cardboard and seems to have backing singers in the right places, so he's avoided some potential pitfalls. Now just to hope that he his staging and performance tomorrow are enough for the surprise win!

I have a feeling there will be at least one MILF on stage... dont know how to feel about that. Could go either way, I guess... Great fun - or totally cringy...

VikingTiger
10th March 2018, 00:16
Is there a danger that people will vote for Rybak because of who he is, rather than his guide how not to write a song?

Nope... I dont think so, at least not to a wide extent.... 2009 was a long time ago. Rybak is very well known here - but he really hasnt gotten any hits for ages.

DanielLuis
10th March 2018, 00:17
Norway's MGP continues it's steady decrease in quality this year, unfortunately. It's a better line-up than 2017, but still pretty disappointing when comparing to 2015, for example.
I think a lot of the songs build well in the verses but end up in a disappointing or bland chorus (Charla K or Rebecca are examples of this). Other songs disappoint troughout the 3 entire minutes (I'm looking at you Rybak. What a pile of crap, I can't believe a previous Eurovision record holder would come back with this).
For now I'm hoping for Aleksander Wallman to sass Eurovision with his entry in Lisbon! It's catchy and it builds pretty well, unlike most of the other entries.

ZoboCamel
10th March 2018, 00:21

I can't speak for Norway in particular, but I think e.g. Loreen in Sweden last year - where she didn't even reach the finals - shows that huge Eurovision winners can absolutely flop in a national final if people don't enjoy their new song as much. And there was much less time between Loreen's win and new attempt (5 years) than there was between Alexander's (9 years), so if anything the goodwill towards Alexander could be more faded than it was for Loreen. I don't want to write him off before I see what he's got planned for the stage performance though.

About Moren Din:

I have a feeling there will be at least one MILF on stage... dont know how to feel about that. Could go either way, I guess... Great fun - or totally cringy...

I'm hoping that they essentially try to recreate the video clip, which I think is brilliant - yes, bring along the MILF, but also make sure to have the guy playing the role of "friend who looks increasingly disturbed about the whole situation" :lol:

Also, I just found a decent translation (http://lyricstranslate.com/en/moren-din-your-mother.html) of the lyrics, which makes it all even better:

I'm carrying a secret
One thing that neither you nor someone else knows
I've fallen in love again
I think that I found my soulmate
She is tan, she is wet, beautiful and wild
I think you know who I am aiming at

I want your mother
I know it's gonna be strange for you
But I love her raptaptadapdam
I want your mother

Her sky-blue eyes shout yes
She knows that her love is all that I want
I forget that she's fifty-five
When I visit the place that was once your home

I love her and I think that she loves me
And best of all, she looks like you

I want your mother
I want your mother

And if you're really my friend
Then you'll be happy for me and your mom without getting pissed off
I think you know where I wanna go
You'll be big brother again

I want your mother
I want your mother

EscGeek
10th March 2018, 09:19
Will i get my winner tonight? Come on Rybak, teach us xlisten2 xheya
And even if my second favorite wins (Ida Maria) she can still be my 2018 winner, THAT'S how good this NF is xheat8-)
In case you send Stella & Alexandra i'll put you near my current 2nd favorite, San Marino (very similar songs, right?):mrgreen:
I'd be more than happy with A. Walmann, but it's a strong year, and my top 10 is cramped already, so i didn't dare to put his name as my signature, but he has a shot:D

I love Scandilove, it would easily be my favorite in any other NF, (except moldova) but it almost looks like Rybak himself has watched my youtube top videos trying to create a perfect song for me.. (it looks like he wasn't satisfied with 6th place for his fairytale):lol:xyes

Ringdalen
10th March 2018, 11:32
On my way to Oslo now, with two big "Moren Din" posters. First a wrestling show, then a MGP pre-party and then.... FREAKING MGP 2018!!! xheya

Feels like Christmas and New Years at the same time. xwoo Havent been this excited since the Eurovision final last year. xfaint xheat

Have a great day everyone xlove

John1
10th March 2018, 12:45
OMG I hope that Rybak won't win the whole thing tonight. Rebecca would rather do the trick.

BernadetteCydonia
10th March 2018, 13:10
On my way to Oslo now, with two big "Moren Din" posters. First a wrestling show, then a MGP pre-party and then.... FREAKING MGP 2018!!! xheya

Feels like Christmas and New Years at the same time. xwoo Havent been this excited since the Eurovision final last year. xfaint xheat

Have a great day everyone xlove

i wish i could be as hyped as you in regards of my country's nf... they are holding it near to where i live but since the winner is predictable then i'm not going to celebrate :(

Well I hope the camera catches your posters so we could see you on TV yet again, this time a Norwegian one :D

aef
10th March 2018, 13:57
Oh god I'm so hoping for Aleksander Walmann to win!! xpray This is by far the best offer, with so much potential for Eurovision!

VikingTiger
10th March 2018, 14:09
The general opinion in this forum seems to be that the quality of the norwegian MGP is diminishing. I couldnt disagree more. I find MGP 2018 to be a big step in the right direction compared to the last years editions.
For the first time in many years I would be fine with several of the entrites winning.
Alejandro Fuentes, Rebecca and Vidar Villa would be my 3 top favourites. I know the norwegian people will not let Tengo Otra win, though.
I would also be fine with Aleksander W, Rybak, Stella/Alexandra going to Lisboa.

ESC
10th March 2018, 14:46
If Rebecca win tonight, then there are two songs in the first half of Semi 2 entitled "who we are" :o

AlekS
10th March 2018, 16:12
https://i.imgur.com/16kCTbD.gif

:!: 19:55 CET.
MGP 2018. The final.

Webcast #1 ----> http://www.nrk.no/informasjon/watch-the-norwegian-selection-for-eurovision-1.13953139
or http://tv.nrk.no/direkte/nrk1

Webcast #2 ----> http://www.firstonetv.net/Live/Norway/NRK-1-4

Franzilein
10th March 2018, 18:27
Hej Norge, may we have cuddly bear Aleks W. one more time at this year's Eurovision Song Contest? Guy has one hell of a voice and his song is an earworm (the good type of earworm, that is).
Mange takk! xhug

Verjamem
10th March 2018, 19:00
Will we have a "gold final" this year too?

Geborgenheit
10th March 2018, 19:09
Not sure if I should watch this one or Swedish. :)

Line will be hosting the show again ?

Verjamem
10th March 2018, 19:20
No, Silya Nomen & Kåre Magnus Bergh this time :)

https://www.nrk.no/informasjon/watch-the-norwegian-selection-for-eurovision-1.13953139

RainyWoods
10th March 2018, 19:55
Go Aleksander Walmannxheatxheart Praying for some kind of miracle result here so that he goes again to Eurovisionxpray

EscGeek
10th March 2018, 19:57
lovely intro :D

Geborgenheit
10th March 2018, 20:02
No, Silya Nomen & Kåre Magnus Bergh this time :)

https://www.nrk.no/informasjon/watch-the-norwegian-selection-for-eurovision-1.13953139

Sad, Line is so funny. I like her other shows on NRK as well.

------------------

So far the beginning is rather lame.

DaFlo
10th March 2018, 20:06
You got me issa bop xdance

Lupus
10th March 2018, 20:07
I don't like rap. At all. Ever. Everything that isn't rap in this song is really funky and great. But there's rap ruining it, so it's a no from me tbh. :? It's a shame as there's a lot to be liked away from the rap.

anaraqueen
10th March 2018, 20:08
ICONS

one of my faves song wise

Datura
great energy from these 2, like it :)

EscGeek
THICC xlove xheat xlisten2

i'm so hyped:lol:

JonnyWest
This eats ::sm song alive

RainyWoods
10th March 2018, 20:09
Oh my gosh, what a performance from Stella and Alexandra!xheat I didn't care for this song when I listened to it for the first time, but what a way to win me round. I loved itxheart

RainyWoods
10th March 2018, 20:10
My body is ready for Aleksander Walmann.

Geborgenheit
10th March 2018, 20:11
Stella and Alexandra have been quite good.

But what this Jowst guy is doing here again ?! Nei, gå hjem!

Kairit
10th March 2018, 20:11
Love "You Got Me" ... such a wonderful memorable positive song xheart